[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think is the key skill that a salesperson must have?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: french jew.jpg (200 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
french jew.jpg
200 KB, 500x635
What do you think is the key skill that a salesperson must have?
>>
>>1000281
Sales
>>
>>1000285
this

and be good looking
>>
>>1000285
Being a person
>>
>>1000281
Mostly psychopathic properties. And natural good looks. Plus something good to sell
>>
>>1000281
Work ethic
Where I work there are guys clearing a million a year on one end and the other end guys who are barely surviving.
>>
Personality. Sales is 99% personality and likability. The other 1% is actual sales skill
>>
Being likeable.
>>
>>1000281
It's persistence and the ability to transfer emotions.

Most people only say yes after 6 no's. Most salespeople quit after 4. You have to be almost relentless.
>>
>>1000281

The best sales people are the ones that got what they wanted as a kid after ages of nagging their parents
>>
Making the person feel that they gain something from your product, for example, you try to sell some cosmetics. You show them the results of using it.
If it doesn't work tell them to fuck off nicely, next customer.
>>
>>1000281

1) extroversion

2) a product they care about

/thread
>>
>>1000469
>extroversion
I believe extroversion is overrated in sales. I'm introverted myself, but I'm able to throw down solid performance in outside sales. Introversion is also terribly bashed around here, where being introverted is on par with being hikkikomori. I'm able to be genuinely happy, enthusiastic, and smilingly persistent.

In my humble opinion, it is the ability to connect with the client. I know there is a word for this, but I forgot. (Charisma? Connectiveness?) Some people in this thread have said it before: People will buy from somebody that they like. How to do this?

Show interest in the client's life. Find a common ground. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is being able to banter around with my clients. I love how I'm able to act like an Australian around the people that I meet, while maintaining my integrity as a decent human being, and make sweet commission out of this.
>>
>>1000469
Completely wrong on both counts.
>>
having a good product to sell sells itself.

I'm borderline autistic and go across the southwest selling canon cameras. i make a great living doing it and have met a lot of hollywood directors in the process.

compare this to when i was in college going door to door trying to sell subscriptions for a political advocacy group. I could have been pushy as fuck but people aren't fucking stupid. They all know once they gave my employer $20 bucks we'd just come to your door every month asking for more and more like fucking vultures.

It all boils down to setup and perceptions, a lot of which comes from "pre-sales"
>>
I'm a realtor and could help somewhat.

>be good looking
>be tall
>have confidence in your voice (no saying uh/um before each sentence)
>maintain eye contact at all times
>don't look at the floor or away from them when you speak
>always make psychical contact while talking where patting them on the back or holding their shoulder
>connect with them personally
>>
>>1000306
Fucking this. My company has this really really really fat person who works in sales and he is really good at it. He is one of the most joyful, extroverted and friendly people I've ever met.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.