[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a pharmacist anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2
Ask a pharmacist anything
>>
Fuck outta here, idiot.
>>
>>695302443
b x 492 x 537/(24 + 387) = 9856.528
Solve for b
you fucking faggot.
>>
>>695303871
15.477 FAGGOT
>>
>>695302443
Is your gf nigger?
>>
File: 1439429775176.gif (713 KB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
1439429775176.gif
713 KB, 325x203
>>695303871
Math Fag, Basic arithmetic with some calculator use. Step up senpai.

15.333 with roundoff error
>>
>>695302443
Can you prescribe me oxies?
>>
Why does everyone in front of me to pick up a prescription take fucking ages to pick it up and with me it literally takes two minutes to pick it up?
>>
>>695304848
idiot
>>
>>695305075
because people arent as prepared as you, trust me, we fucking hate those people who drop of Rx's and then realize they have insurance
>>
>>695305014
yes.
>>
>>695302443
How can I find a doctor that will script me anything? Any tips?
I've only gotten lucky enough to get OxyContin once but I really need it,
(Severe sciatic pain)
>>
>>695302443
do drugs actually expire or is it just a way for pharma companies to get more monies? thanks in advance pharma bro
>>
>>695305204
I never pay for my prescriptions!! Why is it costing me 2 dollars!!?
>>
>>695302443
Can you guys steal pills at all? There's a position open and I would be so tempted to take the bottle of dilaudid lol
>>
>>695305330
is there a pain clinic in your area? If so they will take you on.. If not your best case is getting a few weeks supply at a walk in maybe.. have to have a description of 7/10 pain or higher >>695305333
>>
1. Why do different doses of epinephrine affect different cell receptors.
(low=a
mod=1b
high=ab).

2 How long will a 100ml. vs. a 200 ml RTU IVPB last?(milrinone 0.75 mcg/kg/min | patient wt:86kg) (use premade IVPB @200mcg/ml)
>>
>>695305464
They have hundreds of cameras in there. no chance unless you want a serious prison sentence. doctors will write us anything we want tho
>>
>>695305333
drugs do expire. their active ingredients tend to stop working after the expired date/. Maybe 90 percent active after a month or two , then increasingly less (if that makes sense)
>>
>>695305643
I would have been able to answer both a few years ago, I've been working retail to long to give a shit about those kinds of questions.
>>
>>695305548
Thanks man. I actually did get into s pain clinic but failed with methadone in my urinalysis. Is there anyway for other doctors to /not/ find out about that? It makes sense that they won't trust me, but I would disclose and be honest if necesary. That's why I lost my 60 30's and 60 40mg OxyContin. I haven't found a doc that will take me on yet. But the pain is just too severe, I've resorted to too many alternatives and I need them back. Thanks for your help. Really means a lot.
>>
>>695305350
OBAMA
>>
>>695305961
Join us in clinical.
Benefits are better
no noodle neck store managers
no losers in general
fresh nurses.
C'mon man specialize.
Dont be a pathetic pill librarian
>>
>>695306005
Other docs wont know about your failing of a drug test, they will test you at the new one though. The most important thing is to stay with the same doc and use the same pharmacy as much as you can because there is a big complex with pharmacists and doctors about pain meds. If you are polite and fill your meds on time, there shouldnt be issues. stop all other narcotics about a week or 2 out before you go see the new doc
>>
>>695306398
I cant beat the pay that im making. If I made within even 20k Iess than what i make, i would. It is just too tough to find those spots that are few and far between in a clinical setting
>>
>>695305643
most likely related to affinity for said receptors. at higher doses, lower affinity receptors get saturated too.

#2 - The volume seems irrelevant? Different volumes contain same drug and are infused at a rate of the drug...

fuck off le residency cunt.
>>
>>695302443
Seriously thinking about Pharm school myself. Would you do it again? How is the job market? I'd rather not go retail, if at all possible.
>>
>>695306755
I know exactly what you're saying.
I waited 3 years
I hated waiting and being retarded and poor.
It was worth it.
>>695307118
Wrong
&
Wrong

Keep waiting kid you'll place into residency in a few years
>>
>>695307209

Personally, I would. Most people will tell your no. They can't handle the requirements of this job and have rose-tinted goggles about what this job is.

It's customer service, but you just get paid more. I get paid $67/hour to *sometimes* get yelled at by people. Worth it, I just shrug it and enjoy my $$$$.
>>
My wife is a pharmacist. Would her qualifications and experience be recognized in the US?
>>
>>695307209
It's becoming saturated. i.e.- 8 years ago there were 2 pharmacy schools in TN, now there are 7. California is shot, TN is shot, You wont have a problem getting into school, finding a job will be tough, having said that if you set yourself apart (working in hospitals, making good grades, etc) then it shouldnt be too hard for you
>>
Do you ever steal codine and syrup
>>
>>695307449
"However, epinephrine has a higher affinity for the beta2 receptor relative to the alpha1 receptor (see above). Activation of the beta2 receptor would produce vasodilation while activation of the alpha1 receptor would result in vasoconstriction. Therefore, the effect of epinephrine on smooth muscle is dependent on its relative affinity for alpha1 and beta2 receptors and its concentration. "

So you're wrong.
>>
>>695307636
She will have to take a foreign-based exam to be qualified to work in the US, if she passes, then yes.
>>
>>695307449
"At low doses, epinephrine can selectively stimulate beta2 receptors producing muscle relaxation and a decrease in peripheral resistance. However, once epinephrine concentrations are reached that bind to the alpha1 receptor, vasoconstriction will occur. "

1 more post to rape your retarded ass, get back to IPPE.
>>
>>695307495
Thanks OP. I've done tons of customer service already so that's no biggie. How long, how much was it for you to finish? I've already done all the pre-reqs with a 3.8 avg., so I'm just trying to decide if I should pull the trigger and go for it. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>695307672
How long does the schooling take before you can do entry level pharm tech stuff. Tryna get my gf in pharm. and how many yrs before you can do 60/k a year. I know these are shit questions but yakno...
>>
>>695307966
You're still wrong. Keep trying
>>
>>695307888
Thanks dude. :)
>>
How can I get xans
>>
>>695308400

you asked: Why do different doses of epinephrine affect different cell receptors.

I just told it's because of it's affinity to said receptors. This lack of affinity (i.e low), you can overcome through different concentrations.

There is no other answer you twat.
>>
>>695308773
tell your doc you get nervous around crowds, and when you get on planes
>>
>Not OP.
>Also Pharma
>Techs dont make 60k a year
>>695308810
"epinephrine can selectively stimulate ...". The how of this statement is the answer.
Just glancing at the PP would give me the info you divulged.
Don't be lazy
>>
>>695302443
Whyyyyyy dafuq did they make Tramadol a class IV when it works only after metabolized in liver, ie snorting that shit didn do nuffin. Making veterinary use of that shit obnoxious now, was it really being abused, and if so how, how badly am i misinformed here
>>
is dxm bad for you? in what ways?
do you see weed becoming legal prescription? how do you feel about that?
>>
I have a cabin in the middle of nowhere - hours to get to a hospital. We've always kept antibiotics for gi, lung, and wounds (so, a few different ones) and we've always had an epinephrine pen.

Now it seems impossible to get this basic stuff. Do I seriously have to travel to Mexico or India to refill our medicine cabinet?
>>
>>695302443
you're an overpaid quality checker. you're job is fucking boring and you're probably pretty stupid if pharm was the best you can do.
>>
>>695308010
All I know is that whenever my college has pharmacy job fairs, a good 70%+ of the students in the pharmacy school are super cute girls
>>
>>695309786
Not Mr. Pharma but you can get shit from veterinary sites.
>>
you a doctor ?
can you bring ron ron back to life ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMj9TqsS3mQ
>>
Hi pharmacist.

I was just thanking you spontaneously in a transparent troll thread because i felt like doing so and didn't want to make a thread for it.

Thank you for making sure i do not effectively take a poison which tanks my pancreas or liver or kidneys or some shit.
>>
>>695309999
Check and yeah you should see the campus during summer.
1-15 guy/girl ratio
You don't even have to try
>>
>>695309859
you're not too far off, Having said that- I do have extensive knowledge of ALL medication and how they interact with each other. We are also front line for all those parents with sick children. I could have gone to med schooll... didnt want to be 30 or older before I made a buck. Salary is just below that of MD and DDS. I do have my doctorate, so you can refer to me as Doctor overpaid quality checker
>>
>>695309859
Thanks for your contribution to this thread.
Always appreciate the opinions of borderline retarded unemployed teenagers who think they are too smart for society..
>>
Ughhh. I've got such a headache.

Took some tramadol. I know it's overkill, but fuggit.
>>
>>695310396
haha nice - OP
>>
Can i get my c2 filled a day early.
>>
>>
>>
hallo can i speak with the farmasist plz ?
>>
cymaster how much per cc
>>
>>695310805
not at most pharmacies.
>>
>>695309859
>work holiday
>sit on my ass 12 hours
>pull an easy 2 grand
but really you hurt my feelings
>>
can you get me some xanax and promethazine ??
>>
How the fuck are migraines different to headaches? In a headache, it's the bloodvessels in the brain or head that are hurting, right? That's why the pain pulses in step with the heart beat, right?

In migraines is it that that happens too, but there are other problems? Or is the head pain caused by some totally different mechanism?
>>
>>695311217
I worked at a compounding pharma for a year. went to work in jeans and a polo. sat on a stool for 9 hours a day. "saving lives" 105k. What a joke this profession is
>>
>>695302443
Gyvgsbk hdbcrh hfdg? Oh ucvjfz?
>>
How's your pay, brah?
I'm being taken on as a trainee
>>
>>695302443
hi this is walgreens calling for a copy, i don't have your rx number
>>
OP, I'm going into my 2nd year of pharm school, any advice?
>>
does paracetamol or ibuprofen ACTUALLY do anything or is it just poison they add to stuff so you dont take too much ( admittedly, murdering you does stop you from taking any more ever )
>>
>>695312853

this is rite-aid, name and date of birth?
>>
>>695311568
dunno where op is from, but promethazine is over the counter like almost everywhere. you just ask at the counter and say you got a bad itch that wont go away.
>>
>>695302443
Where can I get mifepristone and how do I know if it's real and not a copy?
>>
>>695313514
hol up, my docta fax numba for dat norco change, bitch
>>
>>695302443
What is the best medicine to mix with weed?
>>
Are all the customers at your pharmacy cunts too?
>>
>>695302443
What is the basic course plan for each year?
>>
>How can you sleep at night knowing 250,000 peopke die annually from perscription drugs and in comparison circa 25,000 people die from illisit drugs per year?

You should kill yourself OP
>>
>>695306410
Thank you for your help. Appreciate it.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.