[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /b/ whats the best religion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11
File: 314456786542345675.jpg (32 KB, 538x517) Image search: [Google]
314456786542345675.jpg
32 KB, 538x517
so /b/ whats the best religion?
>>
>>694391041
none
>>
Atheism
>>
>>694391097

10/10
>>
>>694391041
Who the fuck cares
>>
/thread>>694391203
>>694391203
>>
I wanna be in the reddit screenshot
>>
Objectively its probably Buddhism or some shit.

But religion is gay
>>
None. They were all books written by men so organizations (ie: the church) can profit off of them.

The only logical view of religion is to be in doubt of god's existence. We cannot prove a god, nor can we disprove a god
>>
>>694392873
Not being able to disproof him just Shows how Unreal of a concept he is. And being in doubt of his existence, but knowing that all Religion made up the Bullshit surrounding it, there is no sense in following their rules or Moral (if you want to call their fucked up sense of justice Moral)
>>
>>694391041

i think it is daoism. unlike buddhism, we dont think life is inherently suffering.

but im biased. so...

>>694392873
who said religion has anything to do with god?
>>
>>694393102

It is really something that is beyond us. When you look at things like "The big bang" and really think about it, you just start to see how fucking surreal everything seems. Personally I don't even believe the big bang happened because it makes no logical sense to me that an explosion of nothing created our universe. I believe that the universe has existed forever, and there was no creation
>>
>>694393123
Without a God it's just Philosophy. Not Religion. Why is Buddhism a Religion you ask? Because they have Ghosts and shit. But im actually cool with their message . Avoid suffering, your own and others. Gg.
>>
Buddhism, the only religion to not have a violent expansionism period.
>>
>>694393273
Could be a Loop. Could be a Simulation. Dunno. Don't care . Doesn't really matter for out life does it?
>>
>>694393388

But we can't stay bluepilled forever now can we? If humanity wants to start heading in the right direction, we need to start answering these questions
>>
>>694391041
The official order goes
>buddhism
>orthodox Christianity
>greek pantheon
>Norse mythology
>almost everything else
>jews/muslims
>>
>>694392873
Who says you can't prove the existence of a god/gods? If there is a god, I'm pretty sure there is a way to prove it.
Nonexistence, on the other hand, is of course unproveable.

And to answer OP's question: Greek Mythology.
>>
Best Religion is one I came up with where I worship this Cactus by my Grandma's house and pretend it's God
>>
God made a speck of dust because he was shit tired of how the retarded humans on his last creation kept doing crazy shit in his name. However, he was so pissed that he dumped a shit ton of energy into the speck just to watch it burn. Instead, the big bang happened.
>>
>>694394424
fucking autist
>>
>>694391041
THERE IS ONLY ONE GOOD RELIGION, CHRISTIANISM. ONLY JESUS IS A GOOD PERSON, EVERY OTHER PERSON, ARE FUCKING SCUMBAG.

EVERY OTHER RELIGION, IS THOUGH TO MADE PEOPLE SLAVE.
>>
>>694394424
Why don't you go fuck the cactus.
>>
>>694394862
Jesus was a Jew. Are you saying that everything Jesus believed in was a lie?
>>
Don't listen to Buddhist fags. It's Morrissey: the religion. They believe in rebirth, but they hate it and want to die forever because Samsara is crawling in their skin. Permadeath is the end goal.
>>
All religion is retarded
>>
>>694394939
Nop, but he is the only person u have to follow.
Other are not the son of god, so they fucking suck dick comparate to him.
>>
>>694395146

I beg to differ:

Alexander the Great was the son of Zeus, for example.
>>
>>694395146
Gandhi was a pretty cool guy. Also MLKjr
>>
>>694393123
i'm doaist too but practise buddhas teachings also.
I think daoism or baha is probably some of the non fuck with the world religions.

>>694393286
>Without a God it's just Philosophy. Not Religion
don't you think you should read a dictionary before you spout your uninformed shit on the internet...all you do is make yourself look like an even more autismo than you already are.
>Because they have Ghosts and shit
>>
>>694393789
>puts orthodox christianity as 2nd
>even capitalizes it
>writes muslims instead of islam
>implying not all abrahamic religions are shit-tier

Yeah, you're not tricking anybody.
>>
>>694395146
> the only person you have to follow
> thou shall have no gods before me
>>
File: cimmy.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
cimmy.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
Religion is absurd.
>>
>>694395255
Zeus is nothing. God is everything.

How u can u compare :O

The son of god mean : He has educated by god himself, no one esle has ever educated him.
>>
>>694395259
Gandhi was a nice guys, yes. A prophet of god.
But still not his son.
>>
>>694395455
> Zeus is a god
>>
>>694395523
So God went down and banged Mary?
>>
>>694395529
" a god ", not " the god "
>>
>>694395055
>Permadeath is the end goal.
enlightenment isn't perma deadth there is no permeance. all being a buddha is, is choosing when and where you will rebirth. samsara is the uncontrolled rebirth that we "normalfags" all have.
>>
>>694395576
Nop, God told everything Jesus has to know. that's all.

Mary was not virgin, it's just supposed to symbolise the fact that Jesus is a child with a pure heart.
>>
>>694391041
I would say that being a jew is the best
>>
>>694395455

Nonsense.
Zeus could beat up the christian God.

As stated in the Iliad (VIII, 31 - 32), he is the mightiest of all gods.
>>
>>694395576
no gabriel did which raises even more questions
>raped by an angel
>virgin
>joseph got cucked
>"gods son"
mary is a lying whore.
greatest lie ever told.
>>
>>694395801
Jew theses days are just getting manipulated by Satan.

Jew orthodox are good, yeah.
>>
>>694395830
No one can beat the one who created the universe -_-
>>
Celtic Gods for the win!
>>
>>694391041
asatro>all
>>
>>694395974

Hm... Should I trust some random guy on /b/ or the Iliad, which was inspired by the Muses (Iliad I, 1)?
>>
>>694393123
Find me the quote where The Buddha said, Life is inherently suffering", as opposed to "There is suffering".
Also, Buddhism isn't a religion, nor a philosophy. "Don't believe anything I've told you, find out for yourselves." The Buddha
>>
>>694396237
God is speaking with u. You call it your intuition, or your 6th sense, but no, it's god. You can listen what he say, but he is not telling you the truth. He give you a pist to the truth. He gave you the facculty to verify your "intuition" by yourself, so you can trully learn the truth.
>>
>>694396237
The faggot before you quotes the Bible,
whereas you quote an art of greek literature.
They still remain 2 simple books with no truth basis whatsoever. ( yes, iliad and odysseus are written better than the bible )
>>
>>694396541
Sure, iliad is made to be an history.
Bible is made to be a message who can't be to much changed by Satan.
>>
La Vey's satanism is pretty cool "religion" or order if you will. It promotes a mindset with which you accept the instincts of inherently being human, based purely on logic, common sense, mutual respect without any discrimination and merciless retribution against those who wronged you for no reason.

Cool stuff, do whatever it takes for you and your loved ones, dont disrespect or hurt anyone for no reason etc. The magics and spells part is huge bullcrap tho, the philosophy is cool and realistic
>>
>>694396690
Satanism is a good religion yes. But not for children. Satanism is the way to live for the futurs sons of god. But children like you guys shouldn't play with Satanism.
>>
>>694396541

The Iliad disagrees with you. It clearly says to be inspired by "the Goddess", more exactly a Muse.
>>
>>694396690
>>694396902
>being this much of an edgelord faggot
>>
>>694396494
If I may, you could catalog Buddhism as a religion by the image of the first Buddha who reached enlightment, aka a state of perfection. While it is true that the first Buddha wanted everyone else to reach nirvana their way, there are in fact techniques that you must perform, such as that of the pillars. By this mean it can be labeled as a religion, although not that of a god, but more of the path you should walk on.

While daoism is nothing like that. When Lao Tzu wrote the Tao Te Ching, everything was reffering to the life itself. Taoism (or daoism ) is not an organized religion. You can be a taoist only if you live an authentic life, spontaneous. This is why you need the courage to jump into the unknown, all by yourself. Tao respects the freedom and unity, but not the conformism.
>>
>>694397140
and where is the "disagreement" part?
>>
>>694391041
make your own
>>
File: 1467228937056.jpg (38 KB, 374x421) Image search: [Google]
1467228937056.jpg
38 KB, 374x421
>>694396494
>Buddhism isn't a religion, nor a philosophy
im not that anon but it is both a religion and a philosphy, read a book.
Buddhas first teaching, and most important is the first noble truth, that suffering exists, but it is more deeper than just a quick quote. It is called true sufferings, there are 4 types of suffering in buddhism also subclassed into 8. The true suffering is that at the root of everything there is impermanence and suffering, there is no true happiness in samsara, only temporary relief of sufferings.
read a book.
>>
>>694391097
>>694391124
>>694391203
>>694392873
This

Or
>>694392641
>>
>>694395270
for me its more of a understanding.
it provides insight into how to quieten and lay still ones mind.

i dont subscribe to the major religions, buddhism included, because i feel it is too ritualized.

there is always a need to attach names to things, which inherently is risky, given that once names take on a quality, the name ceases to name what it names, and instead is a representation of the quality instead of simply being a marker of the totality.

while taoism does have a lot of names, the fundamental philosophy, once understood, can be comprehended without the names, i.e. it becomes ineffable yet comprehensible as it is based off of logic alone.

i feel that any truth in the universe should be self evident, and attainable by anybody of any intelligence.
>>
>>694397346
I see a lot of similarities. You should read the Heart Sutra, (quite brief). Avalikitesvara, having mastered breath, realizes that all phenomena are empty, "No suffering, no cause of suffering, no end to suffering, no path which leads to the end of suffering. However, emptiness is just another form.
I think all religions originally said the same thing, but as they became more and more political ideologies and social identifiers, they became corrupted and lost their original message, which is purely scientific; we do not exist within ourselves, we exist in the world. We don't go through life cognizant of the imagined space behind our eyes, we are aware of the objects we are looking at.
>>
i believe that all religions are equally retarded
>>
File: gaben.jpg (9 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
gaben.jpg
9 KB, 191x264
>>694397975
I personally don't like being labelled any religion. often in my 20's people would label me a buddhist because I spent a good amount of time living and studying with monks.
I read the tao te ching when I was a teen and was "seeking", it changed my perspective on life. So I call myself a taoist to fit the mold when I need to have a labelled religion.
in reality I'm a taoist/buddhist alchemy/tantra hybrid.

Though all this time I have remained open minded and have studied to a certain level every major religion. I am able to have informed conversations about religion with people of many faiths.
I see there similarities in all religions more than differences too.
>>
>>694395913
satan? nah, they are just getting tested (like Jesus)
>>
>>694398170
the heart sutras meaning is actually parallel to a few stanzas in the tao te ching, especially the first one. in reality both daoist and buddhist ultimate meaning and goals are the ssame, they just have different methods for getting there.
For instance, buddhists who are devout need to stay away from sensory pleasures, where a daoist would not do anything to chance his natural life.
>>
>>694398170
the issue i have with buddhism in one aspect is its teachings of various techniques to achieve certain things, i.e. meditations, breath techniques, yoga etc.

there is nothing wrong with the techniques in themselves, however it is more of how it is taken aboard by people, thinking if they do x they will achieve y.

then you have a bunch of white people claiming to be buddhists because they meditate and go on spiritual journeys to third world countries etc etc.
although the original intent was correct, it ends up being an illusion.

in the same way form follows function, technique should follow understanding. it is not one of those things where realization comes from action, but action should follow realization, otherwise the action originates externally and is not really an action by the individual.

>>694398810
to be honest, I never liked the tao te ching. I am chinese, and the language used in the translations end up losing much of its meaning, as it alludes to references of actions used in other chinese works, small turns of phrases is the issue. there's a lot of idioms that are lost, either during translation, or due to the reciever not understanding the meaning.

I recommend you read "the complete works of chang tzu" , also known as zhuangzi. I prefer the burton watson translation.
instead of telling you what to do, it is a story book, and leaves you to come up with your own conclusions.

as such it is better for understanding the basic meanings more than the tao te ching. certain things such as calling the space between heaven and earth a "bellows" or talking about the "valley spirit" really detracts from the message, and causes confusion more than it should. they are simply placeholders for ideas.
unfortunately some people take the meanings literally, and this is why taoism is ritualized and converted into a religion.
it ends up making people focus too much on the words and too little on the ideas.
>>
>>694398816
why would god need to test himself?

also did jesus have free will?

i am very interested in the second answer as I have never thought about it before.
>>
>>694399511
Thank you anon. Will soon read Chang Tzu's works.
>>
>>694399607
Jesus was just a part of himself, but why would someting get a testing every once in awhile ?

he had but it all just brought him closer to God
>>
>>694400025
if god is all knowing, then he must know himself. thus why bother testing himself if he knew the outcome?

and if he knew the outcome, how could it have free will?
>>
>>694399511
>the language used in the translations end up losing much of its meaning
this I know, I have seen so many translations and the words can change the entire meaning of a stanze. 10+ years after reading it I ended up searching amazon for a few hours just to find the version I had read originally.
From my limited experience the tao te ching is a riddle. It's not a guide, more of a riddle that brings insight when read. When you meditate or practise alchemy more it has a greater meaning to you, but it is a personal meaning. someone else reading the same stanza may get a different impression.
it is written in a polysemic language (aka twilight language).
This is one reason I eventually got into buddhism then tantra and alchemy as they are actual practises with mesurable progression.
daoist wu wei doesn't really fit into an ethos if you want freedom from this prison.
>>
>>694399607
>>694400025
>>694400183
>>
>>694400400
then you are lost.

tao te ching literally means the essence taken from the dao.

it is not meant to be a riddle.

there is no such thing as alchemy. if you practice what you percieve to be alchemy, then you have truly lost sight of the center.

you say you want practices with measurable progression. the very nature of the dao is that it cannot be obtained through hard work, nor can it be gotten through laziness.

the way is not to be worked towards, but more to cultivate qualities such that it naturally manifests, because to use the will to force it defeats its manifesting.

i say this for your benefit, not for any sake of argument. nor do i expect this to actually get through.

>>694400588
you say this. but who listens?
nobody ever comes up with a coherent response to this yet it is shunned.
ever considered that people like believing something illogical?
>>
>>694401022
I actually posted that picture to create more debates between the theist and atheist that were arguing for the sake of keks.
I'm a taoist myself so I can't agree more with you.
>>
>>694400588
Evil is a privation of God, people have the choice whether or not to follow God. People through their actions deprive the world of good.
Natural catastrophes are just incorrectly perceived as evil, nature has no will. We just anthropomorphise nature, because people in the past did to be able to comprehend it.
>>
>>694401022
>it is not meant to be a riddle.
it is entirely ment to be a riddle, each stanza is a thought provoking message rather than an instruction. they are similar to zen koans.
Attempting to awaken your intellect and insight into the concept.

>there is no such thing as alchemy
taoist alchemy is an integral part of taoist life, a lot of the stanzas are twilight language written for the stages of the alchemy. it is a way to keep the information hidden in plain sight to those who are not initiated or ready.
If you deny the inner alchemy and haven't even completed the small circulation practising then the taoist writings are nothing other than scholarly work. essentially useless.
>>
>>694401530
Well..ok.
Why did you quote me though?
>>
>>694401844
In response to the picture.
>>
>>694391041
Pastafari or follower of Chaos (no, not the Warhammer one).
>>
>>694401992
>Pastafari
though I like the idea of it, a lot of it's followers are just atheists trying to be ironic. so it's cancer.
>>
>>694396069
Truth praise Odin
>>
File: north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg (83 KB, 680x500) Image search: [Google]
north-korea-is-best-korea.jpg
83 KB, 680x500
>>694391041
No religion is Best religion
>>
>>694391041
Agnosis
I know it's pussyfooting

But crazy shit happens often we can't explain, but at the same time, Science and history has proven religion to be faulty as fuck.
>>
File: 1463106105103.jpg (73 KB, 875x387) Image search: [Google]
1463106105103.jpg
73 KB, 875x387
>>
>>694400183
I have no idea mate, that's why I left christianity years ago, but this is the shit they taught us in faitsh school and church
>>
>>694401956
Fact is, I don't agree with the picture, nor with you.
>>
>>694391124
Ateism is not a religion :v
>>
>>694401577
>small circulation practicing

listen to yourself.
you still seek to become something other than what you already are.
do you think there is power in daoism?
what do you want? to be immortal? to become a sage? the whole untouched by fire thing?

you are still thinking in worldly terms.

in the dao, there is no right or wrong, no left or right, no progress, no regression.
no loss, no gain, and eventually, no past, no future. only an eternal present.

that is the whole purpose of understanding and eventually comprehending the totality of existence. through this the ego fades into the totality, ceasing to exist yet existing everywhere.

yet you go about saying this is right or that is wrong. thinking that those who understood it would feel a need to hide information
who says who is initiated or ready?
why must you insist on such things?
schemes and plots, no matter how grand, are workings of man. if one comprehends the totality of existence, then why must they resort to using such petty tools to hide such things?

do you do what the dao is?
or better yet, what it is not?

>he who looks for it, it cannot be found

you are much set in your line of thinking.
>>
>>694404005
>>694404005
>>694404005
/so much of this
>>
File: 1449199706802.jpg (51 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
1449199706802.jpg
51 KB, 640x516
Not a religion but having a deist belief of the universe is where it's at.
Every atom and virtual particle to every star and space between galaxies to the entire universal scale of matter and reality is god. The universe is God.
>>
obviously pastafarism
>>
File: 1466092351995.png (300 KB, 406x499) Image search: [Google]
1466092351995.png
300 KB, 406x499
>>694407233
>mfw checked & zozzled
>>
>>694391041
i know which one is not. have a guess
>>
>>694400588
To play the devil's advocate, I'd say perhaps a god would want us to learn and grow in our reasoning and society. You do not teach a child to be self reliant by spoiling it rotten. And as far as the events that occur that we deem awful, it's an opportunity to learn, and in the grand scale of eternity a lifetime of suffering isn't even a grain of sand in the hourglass.
>>
>>694391041
Buddhism.
>>
>>694394939
Jesus changed the whole aspect of the way it was supposed to work by ushering in the New Testament. He even said the old ways were null and void. So that excludes the Torah and the Old Testament. The OT was more or less the events leading up to the NT. not a guidebook and definitely not the rules. Jesus was a Jew in the sense of his "race" was Jewish. He more or less practiced what he preached. And Christianity would be the best religion because of the love and kindness of Jesus and his order to be like him if that motherfucker Peter hadn't popped up later on in the NT after Jesus died and started bringing up Old Testament shit again. He's literally the only reason a lot of Christians are such shit bags. That and those retards that take the whole bible word for word. That's why I personally, as a Christian who sees the flaws of men being involved in the writing process over history, prefer just to take what Christ actually said and research the other gospels that the council of Nicea had removed during the original bible compilation where Jesus said other things. Humans are shitbags and they'll take anything and skew it to remain shitbags.
>>
File: 19eva2.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
19eva2.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
>>694391097
Exactly
>>
>>694391041
this vid will answer ur questions
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.