[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /b/, I was just curious if any of you feel the same way as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22
Hey /b/, I was just curious if any of you feel the same way as I do. I joke about death and stuff much like a lot of you do, but tbh I get extremely scared when I think about dying. It's not that I'm scared of dying, just scared of there being NOTHING afterward. I'm not scared that I will cease to exist, I'm scared that there will be nothing. No thoughts or anything like that. Anybody else in the same boat?
>>
So you're scared of dying? Reread your shit post
>>
Do you mean like if you died, you would just wake up in a empty room and be stuck there for all eternity or something? Like that kind of nothing?
>>
>>693595796
Nah man, scared about what comes next.
>>
>>693596064
More or less. Like I would wake up in a black room with no body and not able to think or anything like that. It's kinda hard to describe.
>>
>>693595185
Yes but i try to distract myself from the fact i guess thats what life really is thj
>>
>>693596591
I usually do the same, but sometimes it catches up to me and I can't get it out of my head.
>>
>>693596251
Were you scared before you were born?
>>
File: Spice the Cat.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Spice the Cat.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>693595185
>>693596090
I'm not scared at all. I've had enough experiences I'm convinced that it's *this* life that's the purgatory-disconnection, and it's after the death of this form we're returned to connection with everything.

I can understand that without that direct personal experience one might be scared.

It's also true that this form *does* end. That is a terrifying thing - even if one doesn't particularly enjoy this incarnation.

But as a very wise friend assured me before he went ahead, "This isn't the end of all forms. It's just the end of this form."
>>
>>693596756
I've always felt some comfort in what you're saying. I wouldn't use those words(mainly because I'm not a very learned individual) but I understand what you're saying and that's how I keep it down usually.
>>
>>693596251
I was scared of dying too,but just think about it,when you die,you cease to exist,so you wont feel anything,you wont feel scared nor sad,it's like eternal peace,no more problems,no more worries
>>
>>693597285
But you also won't feel at peace. You won't have any memories, you won't be anything anymore.
>>
>>693597
In a weird way that does not bother me that much though. I kinda like the idea of fading into non existence. I dont know if it makes much sense, but to me it sounds more peaceful to be nothing at all.
>>
>>693595185
if there is nothing you won't feel anything so you can't be scared
>>
File: Handshake.jpg (37 KB, 690x688) Image search: [Google]
Handshake.jpg
37 KB, 690x688
>>693597218
>mainly because I'm not a very learned individual
Words don't matter much. True wisdom comes from within. Trust what you feel.

Remember too that wholeness means simultaneously allowing contradictory ideas and feelings (this makes sense because if one set of thoughts or feelings were not included then we wouldn't be whole). So the place of wholeness is to feel reassured about what comes after, while simultaneously being either terrified or in grief about losing what we have here. Not one or the other, but both.

I hope you'll use your concern about what happens after death to live *this* life so fully that when it's time for you to move on you won't grieve what's left behind, and instead you'll feel happy and complete - because you'll have lived it all.

Namaste, fellow traveler.
>>
>>693598174
But I am now.
>>
>>693595185
ITT : breathing manually type panic attack copy-pasta.
>>
>>693598312
Thank you, friend.
>>
>>693597478
Do you think eternity would be better?
>Have no body, no sensory nerves
>Can only think to yourself
>For an eternity alone
>Getting insane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_deprivation#Negative_effects
There are reported cases of people getting insane after 40 minutes of complete deprivation. Would be a short eternity, wouldn't it?
>>
>>693598341
so you're scared of not being able to be scared. what?
>>
>>693598675
I'm not saying I want to be alone with nothing forever. That's actually quite the opposite. I want there to be something after life. Not just a *nothing*
>>
>>693596715
The problem of being dead for me is missing out on cool shit when im dead, good news tho scientists in britian have sucessfully made someone biologically younger by preventing dna from degrading during cell division by lengthening the telomere so if u dont do stupid shit you could live forever
>>
I literally have no fear of death as a result of being precognitive, what I fear is that my mistakes will result in the death of another or harm to a friend. I am afraid of failing to realize my dreams. I am afraid that I cannot change other people for the better.
>>
>>693595185
it will be like it was before you were born, and you don't remember that being scary do you?
>>
>>693599532
But will we be reborn again? Like is dying just the beginning of being born, and if so will I remember anything of this life?
>>
>>693599738
Not trying to sound rude or anything, these are perfectly reasonable questions, but why are you expecting to find the answers on 4chan?
>>
>>693599032
There probably isn't, else we would register high electromagnetic smog, when someone dies. I wouldn't say for 100%, because there is still research to be done.

But think of the following, every 10 years our knowledge of medicine doubles. And by this rate, we would be able to combat the deadliest disease for humans, aging, within the next years. And being able to live several hundred more years would be a start.
>>
>>693600059
I'm not honestly, there isn't really an answer. I just figured some people might enjoy the talk.
>>
>>693600301
I read online that "scientists" are saying the dfirst person who will live to 1,000 is probably alive now.
>>
File: consider the following.gif (496 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
496 KB, 500x385
What happens after you die is what happens before you're born.

That's the type of nothing you will experience guys.
>>
>>693600826
I just don't get how people can be okay with it without being at least a little scared. Yeah it happens and it's gonna happen no matter what, but its still scary to me.
>>
Oh dude, I use to have straight up moments of silent panic thinking about it. It was like a phase that started when I was 29 and it lasted for about two years. Came out of nowhere and disappeared just as quickly. I hope it passes for you, too. That shit sucks.
>>
>>693600642
google is researching this field too. In one paper one of their scientists said, the stimate the major breakthrought to happen between 2030 and 2040. It's rather comforting when even google says this
>>
>>693601214
I can agree with that. It is a bit ccomforting
>>
>>693601022
What I'm trying to say is that they're won't be a black room that you describe. T

They're won't be anything to experience.
>>
>>693601436
The nothing is what scares me though. Im just terrible at talking.
>>
>>693601542
Really don't fear. You won't see or feel anything.

It's not worth the time to think about it, like the theory that we're all a simulation, or that everyone's not real but you type thing. It's not worth it.

It's just like life before you were born.
>>
Not trying to change the subject or anything, but what really scares the hell out of me is the idea of there being a heaven. I mean i was taught christian values by my folks and i was taught that hell is not all fire and brimestone and shit but just a place that is absent of God. I was also taught that if you believe in Jesus and what he stood for and do your best to do his work, you go to heaven. I dont know just how much of that is right or accurate, but it kinda freaks me out. I mean im not a terrible person, i try to do good things when i can and to live peacefully with others and generally i like to think i am an all around okay guy, but i dont really think i deserve to go to heaven. It feels wrong to me that a person should feel like they belong somewhere in the afterlife, as if it is there choice. I mean if there is an afterlife, then it is obviously out of the realms of man, so why is it that man has some control over where they would be there? I dont know, all this talk about death and life after it just got me thinking about that. I guess what i'm saying is, i feel like its not really our place to decide what happens after death. Does that make any sense?
>>
why the fuck would you be scared of nothing? you'll just stop existing, nothing else.
>>
>>693601708
There is no God. It's not worth believing in a God, unless the faith gives you a good standing of morals to live life out on, that's fine.
>>
>>693596746
this
>>
>>693601994
That's what I've been trying to kind of say. You were dead before you were born. That's exactly what you'll get.
>>
>>693595185
Well then u need JESUS
>>
>>693595185
Why the fuck are you scared if you are going to be non existing after death you fucking retard.
>>
>>693595185
Come back when you're 18.
>>
File: 1462446338790.jpg (578 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1462446338790.jpg
578 KB, 3840x2160
>>693602118
The thing that scares me is that you don't exist. You don't have memories of not existing. So what is it? It's the unknowable aspect of it.
>>
>>693602314
Exactly my feels.
>>
>>693602305
Well over it, friend.
>>
File: 1466728034769.jpg (57 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1466728034769.jpg
57 KB, 900x900
>>693602314

Being dead is not existing, you can't have memories of existing when you don't exist any more.

Your life is your mind, when you die your mind dies. You can't experience shit when it's dead.

So don't be scared of the after life, you won't feel, think, see anything.
>>
Do you remember anything before you were born? Its like that i imagine most people who die of old age are drugged the fuck out.
>>
File: 1467088056705.gif (386 KB, 515x386) Image search: [Google]
1467088056705.gif
386 KB, 515x386
>>693600826

This.

>>693601022

Believe whatever you want, but at the end of the day it's simply going to end up how you were before you were born. In absolute nothingness.

Humans give their own purpose to life, and you can see that through things like religion and culture, both of which are shaped in such a way to help push humans to maintain said self-given purpose and enjoy the smallest pleasures along the way.

Don't be afraid.

Your heart stopping and your brain telling you it hurts-your heart doesn't have nerves, but I would imagine that dying while awake comes with some sort of pain and panic-is arguably the scariest to us, if not the (other) pain that leads up to it. Whether each individual would admit it or not doesn't matter.

You can woe and dread all you want about whether there is an after life or not, but rest assure that the best distractions (there are no solutions) to your problem are either a cold suicide, or live life to the objective fullest. Just don't hurt anyone in the process if you do choose the latter, as that's a part of the trade off/goal society has demanded of its members since the beginning of the very thought "society."
>>
>>693595185
Literally the basis of every religion.
>>
>>693603899
Basically, I was having an anxiety attack about it earlier and now I'm feeling better because I got to talk to people about it.
>>
>>693602810
I think that's the reason why he is scared.

OP, I have been thinking about dead for many years, and eventually I realized that the older you get, the more you understand that you are not here forever, so don't worry so much. The best you can do to stop thinking about death is to keep your mind busy.
>>
>>693599738
No u fucking faggot, you die and that's it. You become worm food. There is nothing, just eternal blackness - you cease to exist. But once you die, you won't get to experience that nothingness because you have no consciousness once you die, so you literally have nothing to fear. It's just like before you were born.
>>
File: end.jpg (144 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
144 KB, 500x500
>>693604162

Glad to see you didn't have a minor stroke and other people's good understandings on life helped.
>>
>>693596064
Ya remember the year 1798? Yea, it's nothing. That's how it will be after you die. Nothing. Terrifying in my book
>>
>>693604365
Yeah. It just comes out sometimes when I have nothing to keep me distracted.
>>
>>693595185
when i was coming down off drugs last weekend, i felt like reality wasn't real anymore and that once you're dead that's it so why even be alive. you were born to die
>>
>>693604631
That's a pretty sinister way to describe the pointlessness of life. We exist to live, not to die. But to live you need to die.
>>
But yea idk about you guys but I get really anxious thinking about going back to that state where I was before I was born, ya know... Nothing. I don't want that I never wanna die. But it's gonna happen.
>>
>>693604895
In our lifetime aging will be cured to an extent (probably extremely expensive), but do you really want to add 50-60 years onto your life?
>>
My thought on the subject is:
You have some nights where you sleep and don't really dream, right?

You wake up and nothing really happened for a few hours.

Do you think that is scary?
I think death will be like that. Just nothing
>>
File: clap.gif (250 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
clap.gif
250 KB, 480x360
>>693605138

This guy's got it.
>>
>>693605124
Yes. I want to be fucking immortal, but like have a button to end my life whenever I want, so whenever the world explodes I can just push that button. I don't want to be nothing
>>
>>693595185
How would you even know? Wouldn't it just be like sleeping, but with no dreams? Quit being such a bitch, OP
>>
>>693605138
But is that really satisfying to you knowing that you will just be nothing and that nothing is going to ever happen?
>>
File: 1418715458985.png (3 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1418715458985.png
3 KB, 302x237
>>693595185
I'm the opposite. I'm scared of the pain of dying but the nothingness after? Sounds peaceful to me. Like endless, dreamless sleep.

All this is assuming of course that time works in the way that we perceive it. I enjoy the notion that all moments in time always exist, and what we perceive is just a cross section of it, meaning you can never really die.
>>
We waste at least a fourth of our life on fucking sleeping anyways, I'm fine with living a lot longer.
>>
>>693595185
I am personally fine with non existence after death.
You need to exist to feel something, so to be dead has to be easy.
You know how when you sleep without dreams?
How it is like it never was?
That is what I imagine after death to be.
It is not darkness or silence, for you need eyes to see and ears to hear.
It is not emptiness, because you are not there, you are gone.
Cry not for me as I am already dead.
-Barney Gumble
>>
>>693595185
nope. used to be anxious. now i am at peace with it.

once you realize that it is only the ego that considers itself seperate from the whole, you become one with the universe and consequently no longer fear death
>>
uncertainty is def a real fear, but fuck it. life is boring anyways. why would you want to live an exhausting existence. i hope we all fucking die together and enter the void
>>
>>693605657
Only the last line is Barney, I forgot the space.
>>
>>693605124
Also, if theoretically we discover a pill that will make us live a fuckton longer, we will of course mark that price up like crazy, cause capitalism... So the rich will live a lot longer, I believe that would just make us even more of a oligarchy if the richest lived to 200 when the poor lived to 73
>>
>>693605858
i heard that if you smoke dmt you can live a thousand years in just 15 minutes
>>
>>693605858
its not that you should be worried about.
>technology to upload our brains into virtual reality one day gets invented
>rich and poor can both afford it
>rich people can afford to speed up their reality by taking up more processing power
>end up doing things faster, making more money by inventing new things faster
>poor people literally end up living slower lives in the virtual reality
>>
The sensation is similar to having your mind dissolved.

Or perhaps that's exactly what it is.

Picture an enormous black planet or star, like the size of jupiter or the sun, like a black hole, just a gigantic horizon of thick, black mud or icy cold opaque water, when you die you start to fall towards this place, and as you become fully submerged, your identity and consciousness is eroded, until you are nothing but the pieces of what you were, the molecules of thought that you used to be.

There's a certain amount of time where you can pull back, and you might return mostly the same, but you also might return partially eroded, partially brain-damaged, with parts of your soul washed away into the muck.

Fortunately, time is not entirely linear. Time is sort of an illusion of human perception, it's more probable that while we see time as something that progresses in a certain direction, it's probably more correct to the say that all time exists simultaneously, in a form that mutates between kalpas.

You've probably had the sensation of deja vu at least once in your life, as a "haven't I lived this life before" kind of feeling

Thing is you probably have, it's highly probable that all of us are living the same lives over and over until we can let go and progress from who we are now to being something else.

An important part of this is either casting aside your ego or strengthening it to the point that you can retain a larger amount of memory and awareness between each life, though this is akin to resisting the loving caress of a god made up of all the souls of everything that has ever died or ceased to be, and everything that existed before life was even conceptualized, with all the force of an infinite number of black holes, with nothing but the force of your own willpower.

Hence, you usually forget everything, though, you are made of the same molecules...

Carve the rune of your fate on the memory of the universe itself in order to cheat death.
>>
File: (screeeee).jpg (203 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
(screeeee).jpg
203 KB, 500x499
>>693606099
Jesus Christ that sounds really sinister
>>
>>693606099
Well that's some sci fi shit.
Imagine if you could buy and sell your life expectancy, for money
>>
>>693595185
Anon, I feel exactly the same.
>>
File: 1467627904347.jpg (64 KB, 530x706) Image search: [Google]
1467627904347.jpg
64 KB, 530x706
>>693603511

Well put. I think OP is just feeling that moment of thought we as humans get where the realization of death gets very 'real', if you will, not an abstract thought.

The thought for me is always, "I will stop, all senses cease, much further than sleep because dreams & sensation is absent. Life will continue on without me, like being sat on the freeway while all the traffic just pulls away, down the road, until gone. But I won't be on a road, I won't be anything. Blackness, darkness, a hollow void...all perception gone, never to return.

That's the shit that gets me, or the thought of the coroner's office taking my body, autopsy, cremation, etc. It's just this fleshy husk, where all the lights are out.

I am not religious, not an atheist, more agnostic I guess. I believe in the power of the universe as a whole, and that while our consciousness in this form and life ends, the atoms that make up my body, the energy that we all are, returns to the Universe to be repurposed. If you're buried, maybe you feed worms as the old cliche goes, or you as matter evaporate into the most basic carbons & building blocks of life and move on.

Is that reincarnation? I don't know, I'd like to think we come back as humans again, in a different body, living a life with no recollection or connection to the previous one whatsoever. But I think that smacks of being a man made comfort, a story we tell to avoid the seemingly empty result of death as OP fears. Religion is the same.

I just try to live the best life today that I can, knowing it can end anytime. It is very liberating in some ways, nerves over some job interview or other anxiety's should not fucking matter at all...we all know the way this movie ends. Humans though too often choose greed, power and distance as effects of the 'yolo' mindset, it'd ve nice if we had more of an intellectual evolution and really changed the game and way of life we live on Earth, early 21st century.
>>
>>693606338
Pretty sure that's an anime
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 221x228
>>693606338

MODERN_MEDICINE.JPG
>>
>>693606338
That's from a movie I've seen.
Forgot the name though.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160619-112109.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160619-112109.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>693595185
I used to fear death, now a days I don't care I just hope my death is glorious and witnessed
>>
>>693596090

There is no "next". There's only this. When you think of "tomorrow" it arrives and it's "now". When you think o "yesterday" you think of it now. So when you say what's "next" you're stuck in a mind illusion, your imagination. "Heaven" only exists because a lot of scared people agree on it, a lot of people who think there is a "tomorrow" and "yesterday". There never was. Everyone who has ever died, died in the now

You will fall asleep one day and not wake up. You don't care about it when your asleep because the mind that conceives time and linearity shuts down. You just cease to exist and its sublime
>>
Selling life expectancy is literally the best way of getting a oligarchy
>>
>>693606722

Oh shush
>>
>>693606628
Surrogates
>>
File: 1445685521847.gif (997 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1445685521847.gif
997 KB, 500x700
Might screenshot this thread.

Anyone want it somewhere?
>>
File: images.jpg (29 KB, 399x648) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29 KB, 399x648
>>693606338
>>693606099
I am reading a book about downloaded consciousness.
It's a good read.
>>
>>693607014

I thought the screenshot said

Relax
HNNnGh!
>>
>>693605458

"You're u come from nothing, you go back to nothing... What have you lost? Nothing!" - Eric Idle

Just enjoy the sliver of an experience you have and the free will to do it
>>
>>693595185
Just wanted to say thanks for the talk, everyone. :) (op here)
>>
>>693607580
All good mate
>>
>>693595185
It is a fear if missing everything you like in the world. Like tour friends, music, travelling, smoking, little details of everyday life. You are scared you will have to leave it all behind someday. Its good because that means you actually like something about being alive.
>>
>>693607829
Kinda crazy isn't it?
>>
>>693606981
That's a different movie, that's the one were the kid is controlling the soldier in the "game".
I think I know what he's talking about.
I saw the trailer, everyone uses their life expectancy to pay for stuff.
There is a guy with like centuries on his watch thing.
Then shit gets fucked up somehow, I don't remember how.
>>
File: 1440537034242.jpg (147 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1440537034242.jpg
147 KB, 604x604
>>693595185
Do a a high dose of magic mushrooms or acid.

I can't figure myself how one would be scared of death. Life is struggle. Death is a relief.
>>
>>693606338
http://www.fat-pie.com/time.htm
>>
>>693608062
/thread
>>
>>693608071
Ah, David firth.
What a fuckey mind that man has.
>>
>>693608071
That was my inspiration for my comment
>>
>>693607955
Very crazy. This should be a motivation for you(and all of us who feel this way) to actually enjoy what we like doing. Take risks to achieve things you like. Like a girl you love, career, passion or whatever. Very cliche but very important. Everythings going to cease to exist for us so what the hell.
>>
>>693608007
Oh, "Gamer".
>>
>>693608062
Life is not a struggle. You just dont appreciate your ability to feel this world for this limited time. Unless you are immensely broke and homeless to the point of starvation or born in a warzone or anything that cannot be practically changed, you should not be complaining of being born itself
>>
>>693595185
Personally I'm looking forward to dying. And I'm pretty sure that truth scares me a little.
But living is really exhausting, people don't make sense, social interactions are tiring.
Dying's going to be like the going to bed forever, and that seems really relaxing.
>>
>>693608395
Wait, No I was not thinking of surrogates.
The movie I was thinking of in the first line was Gamer.
I found the other movie that I was describing.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1637688/
I think this is it.
>>
>>693605506
This. I am only worried about the moment of death. I really hope i die in my sleep. Never want die in an accident. Even if i die awake laying on an hospital bed due to old age, it still scares me what kind of pain that would be. But i guess old age would have changed me as a person and there would be other things on my mind than the pain of death.
>>
>>693608716
Oh yeah, that was a decent film.
>>
File: 7179377510_55b7244b82b.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
7179377510_55b7244b82b.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>693608858
Nobody dies in their sleep. That's just what they tell people. In reality, people start dying when they're asleep, wake up, suffer, then die.

Sleep tight.
>>
>>693606628
Samefag here.

>>693608716
That's the movie I ment. Thanks!
>>
>>693609299
No problem, I wanted to know too.
That has been bugging me for a while.
>>
>>693609134
Try harder
>>
>>693595185

Death will be obsolete in less than fifty years.

Be thankful you live in the Singularity Century.
>>
>>693595185
My friend. You have no reason to fear the nothingness after death any more than the nothingness before you were born. :)
>>
>>693609598
Was being serious. If something bad enough to kill you started happening while you were asleep, theres no way in fuck you'd keep sleeping through it. If your heart stops beating youre gonna notice that shit. If your kidney explodes you're gonna notice that shit. There may be some circumstances where you really would just slip away but it's not something I'd count on.
>>
>>693610102
How will i notice if my heart stops beating in my sleep
>>
>>693595185
I'm actually worried there will be an afterlife... and that there is a plan behind this clown show full of retardedness.
>>
>>693610102
My father had terrible appendicitis, and because of that fluid built up in his lungs. So much so that his heart stopped and he needed to be revived for 20 minutes, and then they stuck a breathing tube down his neck and took him to the ICU again. He's home now, but what he told me was that "the last thing I remember was I ate breakfast, felt okay and then next thing I know I wake up and I have shit down my throat and you all were crowded around me." So I'm not entirely sure that's true.
>>
>>693595185
never thought about this shit till i hit my 30s. now ive been having the occasional panic attack about it. sometimes my mind will really just concentrate on the end of my existence. the worst part is, is that its not peaceful. you go out in an extremely agonizingly painful horrifying way almost everytime unless youre lucky.

the thought of someone having to clean up my corpse and it being hauled around into an autopsy table or something horrible scares me too.

>>693600642
eh, theyre actually saying the complete opposite. people being born now are projected to live shorter lives than the previous generations. theyre saying millennials will be lucky to make it to 70/80 due to bad food, stress, bad air, bad water, new diseases
>>
>>693600642
Its not 1000, its 150
>>
File: amused but slightly worried.jpg (2 KB, 125x102) Image search: [Google]
amused but slightly worried.jpg
2 KB, 125x102
>>693610708
amused but slightly worried
>>
>>693595185
I've been there when I was 16 (hence I assume this is your current age), took me a couple of years to accept that it's probably the most likely scenario too (death of perception/senses after death). Make the most out of your life and don't think about this too much. If there is no meaning beyond death, you might as well enjoy the ride, or not do it. It won't change much either way. If there is meaning beyond death, you can't know it now, so here too: enjoy the ride
>>
>>693596756
>very wise friend
>must be right about that which cannot be proven
such autism
>>
>>693595185
it's good that there will be nothing after death. imagine living forever, it must be hell.
>>
>>693611062
You will break after the first hundred years or so if hat happens.
>>
>>693611210
That*
>>
>>693611062
people often think they want to time travel and relive their glory days/youth to fix their mistakes, but can you imagine really going back and having to relive every single day of your teens or preteens all over again? youd go insane. your mind would fucking collapse. it would be a slow mental prison from hell.

>>693611210
not if you develop good hobbies and dedicate yourself to learning things

although youd become the most jaded person alive. itd be near impossible to date cuz youd be so fed up with peoples shit
>>
File: 1467871791488.jpg (154 KB, 662x466) Image search: [Google]
1467871791488.jpg
154 KB, 662x466
>>693595185
Not OP, but I want to be a cyborg or a vampire and see all humanity rise (and fall), I want to know what awaits humanity in 200 or 1,000 years. The thought that I will not exist terrifies me. I don't want to be a link in the evolutionary chain, I want to see the evolution until the end of the universe
>>
>>693611395
same here
>>
>>693611327
I feel as if someone would be fed up with others' shit after people find out you are immortal. Or they would come up with conspirasies. Maybe try to hunt and take you apart, living as their subject, living through the hell they put you through. Knowledge would be great, but all of the above can happen if something takes a wrong turn. Also, as the world is now, i see the above being damn near true in a sense. But thats if this world doesnt change for the better soon.
>>
>>693610708
>never thought about this shit till i hit my 30s. now ive been having the occasional panic attack about it.

this happens to me too
>>
>>693611645
Used to have these but it somehow disappeared after a few years. I dont think it will return with the mindset i have now. But hey, people change, views change, you sometimes come to like things you hate. Its only a matter of time...
>>
>>693595185
i know your scared feelings very well, because i had them too when i was in my 20s. now i'm 34 and be like "well, fuck it, it's ok that our live will have an end.".
actually it would scare the shit out of me, if we would be forced to live after death forever. it doesn't matter how good "heaven" is, you would go insane after a while.
>>
>>693611957
I've always thought about that. Like even if heaven was amazing, it would get boring as shit and annoying after a while.
>>
>>693612146
>Like even if heaven was amazing, it would get boring as shit and annoying after a while.
yes, definitely.

i want that my "soul" will rest in peace after my death on earth, and not being forced to live for eternity.
>>
>>693596251
That wouldn't happen.
You no longer have a brain.
You can't perceive anything, you don't know you're dead.
>>
>>693612146
For me heaven seem like a logistics nightmare. Out of every single "good" person in the history of the human race, how the fuck are you going to find your friends and loved ones? Do you need sleep, food and water? If God created everything are there aliens there? What is there to do in heaven for all eternity? Is there a gym, arcade or an amusement park? It's just to impractical to live forever in an afterlife.
>>
>>693595185
But you won't be consious. You won't know you're there in nothingness
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.