[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a psychiatrist anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10
File: me.jpg (695 KB, 800x1093) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
695 KB, 800x1093
Ask a psychiatrist anything
>>
File: 483297897432.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
483297897432.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>693318193
Found this pic on my gf's macbook. Dr. Gibbons is her psychiatrist. What do you think of this?
>>
>>693318619
There is absolutly nothing to worry about
I get images like this all the time
>>
How wrong or right do you think Freud was?
>>
Can I get a script?
>>
File: doge.jpg (5 KB, 197x200) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
5 KB, 197x200
>>693318193
why would you want to hear other peoples problems as a main occupation?
>>
How many of your patients have you had sex with?
>>
Opinion over Citalopram and SSRI in general
>>
>>693318193
Why is it when I meet certain people and we're talking in person, I envision myself grizzly murdering them while we converse?
>>
>>693318822
Are you fucking serious girl patients of yours make shit like this and send them to you or show you? Not that it would never leave your office but particularly with my gf, would you go ahead and fuck her ass?
>>
File: 1466060652321.jpg (46 KB, 640x473) Image search: [Google]
1466060652321.jpg
46 KB, 640x473
>>693319012

thats not what they do kiddo
>>
>>693319012
So i can masturbate to their secrets later.

>>693319122
9: 7 females, 2 trans

>>693319316
It's normal, your brain is getting ready for the indevitability of a complete breakdown of societal order, just make sure you wait until you put it in practice. Unless you're good at cleaning crime scenes and hiding dead bodies.
>>
>>693319578
how would you know? are you a psychiatrist anon? because i am and i would think i know EXACTLY what a psychiatrist does moreso than some faggot on the interent.
>>
>>693318848
I wouldn't say that there is a right or wrong when it comes to trying to help people with their problems
A strategy who works for person A could be the wrong one for person B
But he was a great man with a ton of great ideas
I see him as the father of modern psychiatry

>>693318882
Ask again tomorrow

>>693319012
I think it is really cool to help other people
And it's fucking interesting to hear what problems there are

>>693319218
There are definetly better SSRIs than Citalopram
In general SSRIs are a good thing, though
But only prescrible them after you tried psychotherapy
Pumping people full of drugs isn't always the right thing to do

>>693319122
None

>>693319316
That's normal, it's like standing on top of a tall building with a friend
There is that split second where you think that you could just push him, just for fun
If you seriously think about doing it, that would be a different story
>>
Why do I have no friends
>>
>>693319917
Why don't you try to find friends?
Try new sports, go outside in general
Stop /b/rowsing

>>693319732
A psychiatrist doesn't call people who they maybe don't like faggots
>>
>>693318193
Is every form of communication neuro-linguistic manipulation?
>>
>>693319866
>I see him as the father of modern psychiatry
lacan is the real og

your jewish guru is nothing more than a deceased cokehead.
>>
>>693318193
How fucked up is the world actually?
>>
>>693320132
Every form of conversation is manipulation, if you really want to call it that
But it's not "real" maipulation, since you still have your own will

>>693320346
Let me rebuild my sentence
"I see him as one of the fathers of modern psychiatry"

>>693320410
I am a psychiatrist, not a politician
>>
I have heard that masochism and certain subcategories of it stem from abuse at a younger age. Is this correlation true?
>>
>>693319866
But what about all that shit about son's wanting to kill their fathers and fuck their mothers?
>>
I keep getting this rash in my bum, what is it?
Also, next winning lottery numbers?
>>
Why do fags that like traps think they arent fags?
>>
>>693318193
why are therapist's posers?
>>
Why do I male girls say I love you
then leave?
>>
>>693320854
egyptian phallic idolatry.
Mostly kept alive today by muslims and freemasons.
>>
>>693320581
Sometimes, it is true
But again, the human brain is much more complex than "If I got abused when I was younger, I will be into masochism".
There are many people who are into masochism and live a normal life

>>693320664
In that case, it's probably a complex where the kid wants to be "king"
He sees his father as an opponent, because with him in the house, he is not the only male in the household and he doesn't like that
The mother is the trophie
Antisocial behavior

>>693320848
1. It's AIDS
2. It's my post number

>>693320854
Because they have too much pride to admin that they're bi
Or they just don't think at all and want to be right

>>693321098
I don't know, it just feels right

>>693321152
That's human nature
>>
>>693318193
How do i overcome a traumatic past?
>>
Kill yourself?
>>
>>693318193
How bad is it to not be able to have a sense of compassion for other humans when negative things happen to them, whilst regularly suffering from rather fierce moodswings (sometimes resulting in violent behavior)?
If so, should one seek professional help for this?
>>
Why can't I get an orgasm as a womanon? I have kind of some stress when I have sex. I just feel like I have to make the other happy before me what should I do?
>>
File: 1448773461201.gif (185 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448773461201.gif
185 KB, 500x375
>>693321263
>In that case, it's probably a complex where the kid wants to be "king"
>He sees his father as an opponent, because with him in the house, he is not the only male in the household and he doesn't like that
>The mother is the trophie
>Antisocial behavior

Sure is academic, but I can't believe this shit's still used as a reference.

This is where Freud finds his limits.

>hey everyone you got something bothering you? might try to fuck your mom.
>>
>>693321404
Not yet

>>693321312
Hypnosis, psychotherapy and/or medication

>>693321472
I would visit a doctor, just to know what might be wrong
Moodswings are annoying imo
As long as your "coldness" towards peoples problems doesn't make yourself unhappy, you don't have to change anything
>>
File: tumblr_nrr521Y5TF1ubyg6uo1_500.jpg (82 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrr521Y5TF1ubyg6uo1_500.jpg
82 KB, 500x750
>>693318193
My crush has had a nervous breakdown. Brought on by the pressure of a divorce, forced to live with her family that aren't that close and most of all, being overworked, essentially doing two peoples work and never getting to see friends.

Can you advise on good things to say and do for her? Sadly she's moved away, so I can't see her in person, but on the phone asking "how are you?" seems stupid and I'm not sure the things I'm saying are any good.

I can post letters/small gifts too, so if you have any good ideas there, let me know.

Thank you. Tits as payment.
>>
So I'm 19 years old made a nursing income from a private start up company. This last year im december they closed up and the company disbaded. The home I once had is gone due to insufficient income and I moved back with my parents. They still charge me rent and I can tell they are dissapointed in me. Shat should I do now? What are some steps I can take to get out of this? All I've been doing up to this point is sit at home replaying dark souls while my money shrinks.
>>
>>693321730
You have to stop overthinking it
I know it's hard but just try to think about something that really turns you on and not the fear of not being good enough for your partner
Of course that's only one theory, why you are not able to get an orgasm
Talk to a doctor and let him check if it really is your psyche

>>693321869
Don't ask "How are you?". That will make her think about her feelings who probably aren't very bright right now
Remind her of things in the "good" past, things you did together, be nice
And kind of "ignore" her breakdown, don't overthink it and don't treat her like a new born
Just be yourself - and be like you used to be
That's important
>>
>>693322360
Don't give up
Go out there and look for a new job
Keep playing
>>
>>693321807
It's not that it makes me unhappy. It's more that the effect it has on other people, how it influences their behavior, that I see as negative aspect.
For example: a while back I was walking in town with my brother in law. We saw a woman get hit by a car. I kept on walking seeing how it's none of my business, while my b.i.l. reacted in a way of "oh no we have to help her. wait why are you not worried in the slightest?"

He now thinks of me as a creep - I most certainly see this as a negative thing, as I mean to utilize him in order to have his part of the family see me in a positive way.
>>
>>693322364
Thank you, I will try. I guess asking about her day (she's been pretty worried today as she's going to day hospital, as she's doing her absolute best to avoid being committed fully) is still important though, to let her talk about it.

I do try and make the usual jokes and fun conversations I do. Also keep talking about good things we will do, like small holidays and good food etc.
>>
File: woops.gif (4 MB, 278x300) Image search: [Google]
woops.gif
4 MB, 278x300
>>693322621
We have a diagnosis.
You're a huge faggot.
>>
>>693322621
I understand
There are ways of fiding the source of your coldness
The whole process is hard to explain, though
If it bugs you, talk to a doctor and ask for help
>>
>>693323023
I will consider it. The feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>693318193
Can pedophilia be cured?
>>
>>693322556
I don't feel that urge to do it anymore. I promised my girlfriend a good life. Once we lost everything she left too. Worst of all the people I introduced to the line of work lost their things aswell. I feel like such a mess wandering around trying to find something to motivate me again. I can't face that failure again.
>>
>>693323573
Do drugs then
Oh wait, you don't have money for drugs
>>
I was on different SSRI's and SNRI's but nothing helped my anxiety/depression.
My doctor put me on an antiepileptic/antipsychotic but it doesn't help, it's been 2 months...the only thing that helps is taking a xanax every 2-3 days...

Help :(
I can't even get out of the house due to social anxiety
>>
>>693323989
>.the only thing that helps is taking a xanax every 2-3 days
This is exactly why I hate Shrinks.
It works for you.
You're not washing your brain with chemicals 24/7.
There's less risk involved.

But nooo...
>>
>>693323851
I have exactly $4,102 dollars in my bank account. I can probably buy some coke if you think it'll help.
>>
>>693324676
But I have to leave home daily due to college and it's hell :(
Beta-blockers did nothing unless I take a high amount of them.
And I'm afraid to rely on xanax everyday....I build up the tolerance pretty quickly :(
It's painful to live already.
>>
>>693324722
buy weed my man. cocaine is no good.
>>
Why do people believe everything you tell them even though you are just a drug pushing doctor?
>>
>>693325135
Alright. I could go back to smoking weed. Maybe find a job as a cashier somewhere and restart my life. It can be like high school again.
>>
>>693319866
Wtf? You're a doctor? Your suppose to help people And you are just going to close my file?
I need drugs today. Bars I got anxiety. Call it in to the pharmacey.
>>
>>693325010
Well that's a little different then your other post.

Have you tried seeing a therapist regularly or reading any self help books?
Tried smoking any weed?

I'm still not one for taking a "brain meds" daily.
>>
>>693325482
It doesnt need to be. But large amounts, resell.
Get NEETbux from your green
?????
PROFIT
>>
>>693325715
Yes, I'm in therapy but it doesn't work
>>
>>693325940
Social anxiety?
>>
>>693326103
Yea
>>
>>693325841
Ive tried that type of buisness before. I don't agree with it. Maybe it's not for me. Thank you for your help.
>>
File: 1460321264734.jpg (20 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
1460321264734.jpg
20 KB, 456x456
In your experience does depression go away for good?

Im 20 been depressed my entire life, and I've got it sort of under control at the moment but I dont really see the point in living if my existence is going to be riddled with bouts of crippling depression
>>
>>693320085
>A psychiatrist doesn't call people who they maybe don't like faggots
how would you know? you're not a psychiatrist, faggot
>>
>>693325940
Have you tried online forums?
>>
>>693326951
Yes
>>
>>693324722
can i have some money op? i have a grand total of 500 dollars in credit card debt
>>
Do you like ''piña colada''?
>>
>>693327051
Hmm...
So what's your therapist say you should do?

Maybe it's time for a different one.
>>
>>693327606
Exposure therapy..
>>
why do people lie so much? why do people feel the need to lie about really stupid things? my mother in law lies about almost everything to make her self look better. she'll say people said things about her when its not true. little lies that build up to a giant pile of lies.
>>
>>693326334
Fuck meds, they mess with you. I have suffered strong general anxiety and agoraphobia since I was 14. I smoked a few joints, woke up one morning scared to death, have been dealing with anxiety ever since. I have been medicated for exactly 9 years. I ate Citalopram and Risperidon every day and it made me tired, killed my drive and didn't help much.

I have talked to tons of professionals, tried everything, and i'll tell you this. The only good way is the hard way. Face your fears.

You can think of anxiety like a vicious dog. Everytime you fight it, and you win, it get's smaller. If it defeats you, it get's bigger. If you are determined, you can make this dog as small as a silly little chihuahua, and your anxiety will go away. Sometimes, the chihuahua will bark and try growing. Small things will start bugging you. Be sure to never let it have it's will, the bigger it get's the worse you'll feel. Always do your very best to win your battles with this thing.
>>
>>693327716
I can understand that. Have you tried it?

If not, why don't you want to face your fears?
>>
>>693318193

Sorry if it has already been asked, or if I am wrong but arent psyciatrist like therapist but who are also doctor who can prescrive meds?

Isnt it more suitable for someone in trouble to get better without the assistence of external substances?
Are meds used in a controlled way to lead and make more practical the process of healing [maybe without meds it would really take more time and effort with little to no major benefit?]

Or are meds just the only way to deal with certain situation?
How does this situation works
>>
>>693318193

Post a timestamped pic of your degree or some other document proving it.

Otherwise answer this:

Why lie on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>693327767
Thanks for answering me, anon.
I take risperidone too, but it makes me feel out of this world and agitated but I stopped and I'll suggest my doctor to take it away...

But I can't even leave the house without having a panic attack...I can't even breathe, I can't even walk properly, I can't do anything when I am out
>>
>>693318193
Did you ever feel like you were going crazy learning about mental disorders? The more i look up the more i keep seeing crazy in myself
>>
>>693328072

why
>>
Is therapy for depression and social anxiety a meme
>>
>>693318193
I was molested as a child. Sexually, I'm extremely dominate, enjoy Daddy Dominate/Little Girl sexual play. However, I also enjoy having sex with traps and very effeminate guys (like could pass for tomboys). When it comes to them I like to humiliate them as well. Is this me trying to get back at losing my own sense of masculinity or just being perverted because my sense of sexually was warped at a young age?
>>
>>693327953
Yes but it's so strong that it cripples me...it like : go expose yourself and you'll get better...that's what they say but I can't even stay out without feeling like I'm going to die

Also >>693328072
>>
How much do you get paid? Do you hate your job?
>>
>>693318193
How to cure my friend's Weltschmerz and depression?
>>
>>693328289
It's kinda hard to pinpoint what situations cause you anxiety in our conversation here.

Give an example.
>>
File: hannibal4.gif (451 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
hannibal4.gif
451 KB, 245x184
>>693318193
Do you also go to a psychiatrist or psychologist, after all the fucked shit you`ve heard ?
Heard you need to go because you can go insane.
>>
>>693328956
Get out of the house, there's literally nobody on the streets but I feel an overwhelming anxiety.....it gets worse when there are people
>>
>>693328072
I know how it is, it's the most horrible feeling one can have. But it's important to keep in mind that it is merely a feeling. It's temporary. It can't hurt you. It's nothing but a mental flu, sort of. Anxiety obviously varies a little from person to person, but your best bet of coming to an end with this is to defeat by challenging yourself. This has worked for me, two of my really good friends, one of which once stayed indoors for over 2 months not even able to look out his window, and thousands of other people.

It's also really simple. Next time you feel afraid, do not flee. Fight. Stay in the situation whatever it is, and do not leave before you are feeling at least a little better. If you keep doing this, i promise it will help you so much.
>>
>>693318193
Why is psychiatry considered a science if there aren't any mathematical models behind it?
I'm not judging your work, just curious
>>
>>693329052
This guy's got some good advice:
>>693329206
You gotta work on developing yourself.

>baby steps
>>
>>693327767
Mine feels right now like im gonna have a fucking hearth attack, I take Klonopin and alcohol, tried to quitted ended up in the ER.
I feel horrible im even sweating like lost of breathing Heard vitamin B12 inyected helps.
but I was told I was a sorta of lost cause because of PTSD.
I sorta did something I always wanted to do yesterday thank God I managed.
I sorta activated my violent mode on didn`t do anything violent, but rage and hate me helped me but on my way back anxiety kicked in and the lost of breath already went to check myself for lungs they said it was all just in my head and probably will need to be medicated for life.
>>
>>693329687
Oh yeah... anger sometimes works for me too, not sure why this. Maybe OP knows???

Either way, drugs and alcohol has never worked for me. I'll down a bottle of whiskey before flights because I cannot get used to something I am only able to do once every 2 years. But if you drink often, it'll usually just make it worse. If you can get some medicin that you can eat in case of an "emergency", you should try that instead and stick to it. Only eat it when it's necessary. Don't you have a close friend you can talk to and ask if he or she would be willing to maybe try and take some walks with you? It seems to me like you've got nothing to loose :)
>>
How about killing yourself now?
>>
>>693318193
I lack motivation, I sleep 9-12 hours a day and still feel tired, and I very rarely feel hungry; usually its only after I smoke weed that I genuinely feel the desire to eat. I can tell when my stomach is empty but sometimes I don't eat until I start to shake from fatigue, I drink a lot of tea instead. mostly I am bothered about my lack of motivation and focus, what do I do?
>>
File: spaghettios.jpg (19 KB, 519x277) Image search: [Google]
spaghettios.jpg
19 KB, 519x277
why do my spaghettios keep making lightning?
>>
>>693318193
Why does it burn when I pee?
>>
>>693330520
or probably gonna do some little work around the house to keep myself busy after I down some more alcohol.
hope it does the work anyway thanks for the advice I don`t them to anyone see me like this it is depressing, or maybe to proud.
>>
I like being clean, so at night I'll take my daily shit, masturbate then take a shower and go to bed feeling clean. I'm scared that by taking a shit then masturbating I'll subconsciously start liking scat porn. Is this possible?
>>
>>693331555
Well, I hope you get better anon. Take care.
>>
op why can't i get attached to girls i date n shit they keep getting clingier n more into me but i can't
y they so pussies
>>
>>693327997

Please answer this, thank you
>>
>>693318193
Why do I keep getting homicidal urges as well as urges to just inflict pain and misery, be it rape and/or torture?
>>
Op gone?
>>
>>693318193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEwUIqBaITM

What does this mean?
>>
>>693318193
Why is my internet not working properly? Download speed is fine but web pages keep failing to load and the browser says I have no connection.
>>
>>693334058
For 1 1/2 hours now.
>>
>>693334359
Awwwwwwww.
>>
>>693328260
Who molested you? And it's probably both.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.