[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /b/ Do you drink? Why? How much? My last 24h of drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: IMAG1739.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1739.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
Hey /b/

Do you drink?
Why?
How much?

My last 24h of drinking haven't been eventful at all, i just stack up on empty cans and contemplate my life as soon as i see them.
>>
How was your birthday party yesterday night?
>>
no to expensive
>>
>>693285257
My birthday was on the 24th of june, i drank all of this myself yesterday, didn't go to sleep yet.
I wish i could share my booze.
>>
>>693285349
Yeah, i don't want to waste too much money on booze. The cans are 50¢ and i always steal the vodka, i hate spending so much on stuff that doesn't last me a day or two.
>>
I drink as much as I can everyday though i am limiting myself during the weekdays.

I do it cause I get anxious and bored and never know what to do.
>>
wow, you drank alot of cheap garbage fam. youre going to feel like shit when you wake up
>>
>>693285593
Same here with the boredom... i can't handle boredom if im not drunk, which is kinda sad.
Do you also 'forget' that you're drinking (too) much?
Its just normal for me to crack open a beer instead a soda or something at any time
>>
>>693285726
I tend to fight hangovers with more beer, i rarely get headaches or something and since im not too active atm my body doesn't respond much.
But its cheap and tastes like shit, thats true.
>>
>>693285360
Don't lie
>>
>>693285759
I buy some IPA and drink few of those during the week and on the weekend I drink copious amounts of whiskey from the bottle and barely sleep.
I stop drinking as I get close to bed time cause I wake up early for work and dont drink knowing I have to work or go out.
>>
>>693285593
Same. Also all my past and present failures and personal embarrassments are amplified by ten when I'm not sipping on something.
>>
>>693286290
(samefag)
Which is literally why I do it. It keeps my head clear and calms me down.
>>
>>693286290
Yeah I know that feeling. When I dont drink enough to be drunk I feel it even more. It lets me fall asleep at the end of the day pretty easily.
>>
>>693286272
I envy that you can put work before drinking if needed, thats something i can't always do, or couldn't back when i had a job
>>
>>693286428
don't know about you guys but I never go to bars. Its too expensive and im antisocial. Drinking helps, but i could start getting too drunk publicly.
>>
>>693286485
Ever tried meds for depression or anxiety? I'm considering it, because I figure it'll help, & drinking so much is starting to give me a belly & I recognize it's generally bad for the body.
>>
Do you guys care about your families, or how it makes them feel, knowing you are fucking up? Serious question.
>>
>>693286610
It's so much cheaper to buy stuff yourself than going to bars, and i manage to waste all my money on cheap booze and weed without going to bars anyway..
But if i have the money and go for a drink (which rarely happens) i tend to spend to much money so i avoid it in general.
I usually just invite people to my place to get drunk or do so by myself.
>>
>>693286766
Who mentioned anything about families? Or fucking up? Everyone here is OK, and can at least pay their internet bill, I assume.

Why the judgement?
>>
>>693286766
That's the worst aspect of it, if your addiction is a subject known within the family and discussed etc.
Makes you feel like a burden, and if you have other mental shit going on it makes it all much worse.
I love my family and i don't understand how they can keep up with me but i love that they do.
>>
>>693286590
Were you fired or did you quit?
>>
>>693286731
No Everytime I tried medications I had bad side effects. I just face my demons. Come fall I will have very little time to drink while im at college and hoping to meet a girl so I will eventually just have to get my shit together. I tack on healthy things to my routine little by little.

>>693286766
I think my family thinks I could be fucking up more and they know I work on my life.
>>
>>693285081
Alcoholicfag here. Iced been drinking heavily for like fifteen years but I haven't been for about three weeks. I feel a lot better physically but I'm really bored and depressed when I'm sober. I always go back to drinking sooner rather than later.
>>
>>693287016
I kinda had to quit because of mental problems and stuff that happened during a short time last summer, i basically had a breakdown and went to the psychward for half a year again (been there for 3 years from when i was 12).
>>
>>693287072
Been to college before? If not, you will find that there's plenty of time for lots of shit, both good and bad.
>>
>>693286907
Read
>>693286939
I'm not being judgemental, but denial is a big part of addiction. I just couldn't do it personally as I know it would crush my family. Everything is not okay bro, it's not normal to drink day in day out.
>>
Mountain Dew.
Be awake for 2 hours now and I've had 5 cans already.

Because I have the money.
>>
nearly everyday...usually 2-4 drinks

1-2 beers when i get home from work..then a drink or two at around 10p-12a
>>
>>693287193
I've been to college but I already work 30-50 hours depends on the holidays.
I'm going for music performance which requires a lot of time outside the classroom. My private lessons will even be on sunday.

I actually started getting so busy to begin with cause I knew I had a lot of time that I was using poorly.
>>
File: 1467814943485212772640.jpg (2 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
1467814943485212772640.jpg
2 MB, 3920x2204
3 liters of 7.5 % proof cider is just enough to get me to sleep on a night
>>
>>693287265
Im not denying anything, im trying to better myself with therapy and rehabs and make it up to the people that love me.
But they also see my addiction as a condition, or as a circumstance that had an influence in alot of relationships within my family, they don't think im a bad person for it.
>>
>>693287265
Thanks for enlightening everyone here with your fortitude.
>>
>>693285081
yes
because of you
5 beers and 2 shots on weekdays, probably a pint of liquor on weekends
>>
>>693287501
I've seen you in an other thread before i think, same cider...
As long as you wake up and do something the next day, go ahead
>>
>>693285081
I just thought about drinking a shot of Bailey's and milk, but decided against it because I'm working tomorrow and that's how much of a faggot I am. I very rarely drink mid-week, but can drink like a fish when I can set aside a few days for the hangover. I need a solid head for my job too and I hate not being sharp.
>>
swissfag
>>
>>693287961
Tuet mr leid.
>>
>>693287187
Psych wards are not typically holding stations, rather just for stabilizing someone who is an immediate threat to themselves or others. What circumstances allowed you to stay so long? Homeless or something then? I only ask because I've worked in acute inpatient units for a couple years.
>>
>>693288545
I was pretty young at the time but never behaved, i stopped going to school out of nowhere and stood at home doing nothing, being physically abusive towards anybody that wanted to come close to me..
So eventually i got there and my parents didnt wanna take me back home, so i would've been homeless if they kicked me out of the ward.
During my time there my 'sickness' got stronger and eventually did more harm that good, and i kept going in and out of different wards throughout the years.
>>
>>693287501
God I would get major heartburn drinking this much cider.
>>
I´m an alcoholic. And your not telling the truth.
20 Cans a day? Yes, possible if you really hate yourself. But on top of that the vodka? Nah man
>>
>>693289613
If you top it with amphetamines that kinda get you down from the alcohol then its possible, and thats what i did.
>>
>>693289718
didn´t think of drugs. then possible
Sorry i´m drunk
>>
>>693289918
No problem, its shit either way.
And of course i chased the vodka with coke and the budget-fanta you see in the pic, no way im drinking this shit pure.
>>
>>693290039
One of the worst vodka I have ever tasted
And the beer is disgusting af. How OP? How can you do this?
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 237x213
I usually drink 5 or 6 beers a day. I used to drink a pint of bourbon or vodka nearly everyday. I cut that shit out.
>>
>>693290897
I drink to get drunk, which in itself isn't a good thing to do so why drink good shit if theres bad stuff that doest the trick and gets you like 3 times the amount of beer than if you pay for 'normal' booze?..
And yes the vodka is shit, but i steal strong alcohol like this because its not worth the money, and i chase it with stuff so its drinkeable.
>>
>>693285081
I'm poor as fuck so I only drink goon. 1-3 drunk nights (depending on size) for $10
>>
>>693285081
Nope, I do not drink.
It's a social construct and I do not want to support it.
I have not been giving any liquid to my body since I was 12 years old
>>
Not much of a drinker anymore late teens to 21 drank every weekend at parties didn't get hangovers just smelt of alcohol now it's like 1 six months or on a rough day
>>
>>693287501
Used to drink this stuff, still do on occasion

Good shit
>>
File: 1457235876840.jpg (114 KB, 391x500) Image search: [Google]
1457235876840.jpg
114 KB, 391x500
>>693288545
I work psych too for nearly 17 years. I've seen many drunks and drug addicts admitted.
>>
I drink probably anywhere from 0 - 2 beers a day after work/while relaxing. If I go to a party or out to a bar with someone though I drink heavier. Hardly ever drink liquor, but will occasionally.
>>
>>693292313
Sounds allright to me
>>
>>693292061
Yeah, the addicts come in with the "I'm gonna kill myself" shit because they want to get clean and think that the doctors will give them meds for withdrawals, some docs will, some won't. This is not a fucking state funded detox center, and even if they are clean for a week I almost always ended up seeing them a month or so later. "Revolving door syndrome" is what most nurses called it.
>>
Been drinking pretty regularly since I was 15

Been getting pretty heavy recently, honestly probably 3 or 4 times a week getting blackout drunk

I always make a dick of myself and hate it, how do I slow down drinking when I'm out? Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>693285360
>pint
>fifth
>~20 beers
>Drank all of this myself yesterday

Oh ok.
>>
Half a bottle of bourbon a day, sometimes 8-12 beer or a wine bottle. On weekends I almost always get blackout wasted including Sunday's.
I drink because I'm addicted now, stared out of grief and depression.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 691x646) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 691x646
During the week it's like the equivalent of 6 beers/6 shots a day. Weekend? Like 12 beers/12 shots a day. I've got a wife, two kids, and a decent paying job. But I drink a lot.
>>
Can i drink with you? If this is pic related im also in Switzerland.
>>
>>693293360
Depends on who and what you are.
Vo wo bisch..? Bärn-umgäbig hie..
>>
>>693293710
ou Bärn.
>>
>>693294215
gimr e throwaway email u de luege mr ds ah
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.