[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newly enlisted U.S Army soldier. Any pointers to give before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 10
File: BF3rskvn.png (55 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
BF3rskvn.png
55 KB, 472x472
Newly enlisted U.S Army soldier. Any pointers to give before I go to Basic Training ?
>>
>>691208352
Don't be too high speed for your own good, and you won't be a soldier until after AIT
>>
Just keep your head down and don't stand out until you get to your unit! The only way you should stand out is for PT or marksmanship. Remember when you go back home that you're not a home town hero until you deploy in a combat setting and come back
>>
>>691208352
Hey, I'm signing up at the end of July and going for infantry. Maybe we'll see each other and kill some kebabs together my /b/rother
>>
>>691208352
I'm waiting to go to meps for a physical. Had some shit to do on a med read. Hopefully get approved for an automatic waiver. This is all for the Navy but do you think if they don't approve me the Army will?
>>
>>691208892
Not unless hes a reservist
>>
>>691210158
No way same man I'll hopefully see you /b/ro I leave on September 22nd. We'll be going to Georgia in Fort..Benning ?? I forgot the name haha..I'm mostly excited for killing some Allahu Akbar Mother fuckers
>>
>if you have a girlfriend, get one last fuck in before you ship off then break up with her
Dont worry, youll meat some skanky cunt in AIT who will so anything to make your cock explode in their mouth.
>>
>>691210885
Meet*
>>
>>691210937
No i mean meat as in your meat
Like verb
Like dick
Im going to meat your girlfriend hard
Im going to dick your girlfriend hard
>>
>>691210885
Didn't have to tell me twice
>>
File: USA.jpg (390 KB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
USA.jpg
390 KB, 3072x2048
>>691208352
1) Make sure you can do 20 pushups without pause
2) Make sure you can at least jog(if not run) 3 miles with 28lbs on ya back
3) Don't piss the DI off on day 1
4) Drink shittons of water
>>
Dont buy condoms at the PX

One idiot did and the drill sergeants made him wear them as socks for PT
>>
>>691208352
short, controlled bursts
>>
>>691208352
Kill the Japs
>>
>>691211411
>2) Make sure you can at least jog(if not run) 3 miles with 28lbs on ya back

What? APFT is 2 miles without a load, and no one runs on a ruckmarch because shit breaks.
>>
Save the nutri-grain bars. They are worth lots of money
>>
>>691211411
That's handy as fuck to know thank you
>>
>>691211411
>20 pushups without pause
Rests are authorized
>>691211411
>jog with 28 lbs on your back
Thats how you fuck your ankles up
>>691211411
>DI
This isnt the marines he's joining
>drink shittons of water
Probably the only legit piece of advice youve given this poor bastard

You werent in the army. You make it too obvious
>>
File: 1453391845937.gif (2 MB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
1453391845937.gif
2 MB, 180x135
>>691211460
Thats gold bruh
>>
File: next dead sandnigger.jpg (23 KB, 640x375) Image search: [Google]
next dead sandnigger.jpg
23 KB, 640x375
>>691211633
When I did Basic (1988) the final week we had a 3 mile timed run/jog with a SM ALICE pack that was weighed to be exactly 28lbs
If ya gonna train before ya start might as well train to the final specs
>>
dont stare at the sergent major's massive boobies
>>
>>691212012
I bet your back looks like a broken slinky for that
>>
You're going to shower with dudes day one. Don't boner

My drill made us do group push-ups while naked waiting for turn at showers to break us of the embarrassment. By day five nobody gave a fuck one dude liked it so much they gave him his own shower
>>
>>691208352
Basic is kind of a joke tbh. I did 8 years active and 16 after that as a reservist, went in enlisted as a kid, retired as a major. I'll boil this down:

*practice pushups with perfect form. If you can actually meet army PT standards BEFORE you go, it'll be so, so much easier.

*in the army, PT is really a big deal. People who have high scores get the best treatment in any unit they are in. Better treatment and chances for promotion. People with low scores are treated as lesser orders of being. It's wrong in my opinion but that's the way it is.

*To that end, I'd get a workout plan from your recruiter or online, and actually do it and stick to it until you go. You'll be very glad if you did.

*Lastly, enjoy your time in basic. You'll probably make some very good friends. Some of my guys I'm still in touch with all these decades later believe it or not. Basic is not really all that hard . . .

*try to get your hands on a TRAINING SCHEDULE in basic. Without it, you'll have zero clue from one day to the next if you are road marching, going to some dumb class, etc etc. It's really hard to understand what's happening that way, and if the army still does it like that, I think it's stupid. Your platoon guide may have the schedule, or you could get the balls to ask a drill sergeant to see it. You won't believe how much easier it makes your life. Knowledge is power man.
>>
>>691211662
Don't get caught with them though.
>>
When the drill sergeant screams at you, pull out your stress card.
If he smacks it out of your hands, then youre fucked
>>
>>691212389
Stress cards were a test and didn't last two cycles
>>
Water. You're gonna need loads of it. LOADS.
>>
>>691208352
you're not a soldier until you get to your first command you fucking faggot. AT LEAST until you get done with botocamp
>>
>>691208352
Don't laugh, don't smile, think generic army thoughts.

If you can get past shark attack without crying you're good, and if you can get through white phase without most of the Cadre learning your name you're golden
>>
>>691210725
God I fucking hope so. Can't wait to kill some mudslimes. I also know that I'm going to try to keep a piece of evey kill I get
>>
>>691212603
>you're not a soldier until you get to your first command you fucking faggot. AT LEAST until you get done with botocamp

the army has basic training, not "boot camp," and perhaps overgenerously, calls its trainees soldiers from day one. You could make a case that this cheapens the brand, on the other hand, it gives you something to live up to, assuming you give a fuck about what you are trying to accomplish.
>>
Have no emotions. Keep your kind set to only getting the job done. There is no such thing as getting through the army with luck, it doesn't exist over there. You're going to need to be prepaired to set your mind to an entire different person.
>>
>>691212337
>retired as a major.
Sir, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that
>>
>>691210725
I'd ask for your name incase we meet, but that's not a good idea on this website
>>
>>691212945
>God I fucking hope so. Can't wait to kill some mudslimes. I also know that I'm going to try to keep a piece of evey kill I get

bad news: you're a few years too late to have much opportunity to "kill mudslimes" and "keep a piece of every kill you get."

good news: you're probably a bragging pussy who will not have the opportunity to show you are really a coward, AND, you will live a long life in which you can make empty and stupid brags about being a combat soldier.
>>
>>691213220
from the reserves . . . why bullshit
>>
>>691212945
I don't know if I'd feel comfortable around you anymore...
>>
>>691213282
Just give last names and middle so that if you meet a "pvt.Anon." Just a mention a middle name. Of they react then you'll know you're both degenerate b/tards and can jerk each other off
>>
Don't volunteer for anything
>>
>>691208352

make sure you can pass the physical test standards now....or you'll be miserable
>>
1. Dont try to mail ammunition home... or smuggle it from the range for that matter

2. Dont buy condoms from the PX

3. Dont call the drill sergeant "dude"

4. Dont try to make shanks out of the screws in your bunks

5. Dont jerk off in the showers

6. Dont fake a seizure

7. Dont fake a heat stroke

8. Dont go to a "massage parlor" on family day ir if you get an off-post pass

9. Dont snort the cera lite in front of the drill sgts

10. Dont shit in someone else's bed

11. Dont point your weapon at anybody

12. Dont rest the barrel of your weapon on your boot

As long as you dont do any of this stupid shit that the other idiots did, basic training will go by smoothly
>>
File: 1445951213063.png (281 KB, 742x375) Image search: [Google]
1445951213063.png
281 KB, 742x375
I love you guys.
>>
>>691210725
Killing?
Dude, you're probably not going to even get a single kill, depending on what role you take in the army.
Even if you end up as a boots on ground guy, you're gonna be mostly patroling and doing nothing for most of the days.
>>
I only have a couple pieces that might help. I went through naval bootcamp so it probably wasnt as rigorous but either way. Don't try to fly under or over the radar. Just coast. Try and get a bootcamp job as soon as possible. Dont be ashamed about showering with a bunch of naked men, they all probably feel the same as you. Most importantly, be respectful to everyone.
>>
>>691210885
Actually correct army chicks are sluts fucked 3 while in AIT
>>
Op the best advice I can give you is simple. Don't expect any handshakes or pat on the back. You will climb over obstacles physical and metaphorical. Nobody is going to kiss your ass so just accept it now. You're doing it for you.
>>
What's your MOS?
>>
>>691208352
OP first thing you gotta do if find the biggest fucker in there and beat the shit out of him, then the other inmates will respect you... wait that's prison... forget what I said.
>>
>>691213861
This is a good mind set to have going in.
>>
>>691213282
Kik is StillYoungandWild ...probably the riskiest shit I'll do on this site is give out my kik
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 576x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 576x308
>>691213956
>>
>>691213694
Yeah you'd be lucky if you racked up a kill in your first couple of years
>>
>>691208352
>Any pointers to give before I go to Basic Training ?

Get in really good shape BEFORE you go.
>>
>>691211839
Lol thats it? 20 pushups and rests are authorized? Jogging with a little weight gonna hurt your ankles? Canadian military basic was way more difficult.
>>
>>691213861
I will take this piece of advice to heart thank you
>>
>>691213694
dude don't destroy his dreams of killing allahu akbar motherfuckers that's rude
>>
>>691213694
This. My MOS was in a combat zone doing nothing but strict patrol and I spent my days waddling around in the middle of fucking nowhere. My advice to you is keep your head down, and only excel in what you know you'll do good in (PT, shooting, etc), and you'll be fine.
>>
When you move from the first week of getting your boots,shots,uniform etc etc you will be bused to your barracks. There will be every single drill waiting for you to get off the bus, they will scream at you to run to the back of the barracks to the rock pit. Then they will move you to the back area of the barracks where you will dump your entire (gigantic) duffel bag full of everything, they will then go through a check list to make sure everyone has everything (screaming at you the entire time) every time someone cannot find it within the time hack they will make the entire platoon do push-ups. (When I was done finding it the guy next to me couldn't find what he was looking for so I helped him find it so we would stop doing push-ups [received no shit for this]) That'll be your first shock, once you get past that first day, it'll be fine.
>>
remember ayeliums say, "aaaay lmao" after they say that youre free to engage them...god speed earth defense force soldier!
>>
>>691214182
No shit
>>
>>691213956
Nice meme
>>
>>691214266
If you think Canada is difficult, try the Irish Rangers....
You're to climb up a mountain with 80 pounds on your back up and down 3 times under a time limit, and even carry a boat with your comerades up and down a mountain. And that's only basic training.
If you gunsweep someone (sweep the barrel of the gun from someone), you're done. Out of the training, and not allowed back in a year's time.
>>
>>691214266
42 push ups in 2mins
53 sit ups in 2mins
2 mile run in 15mins & 56secs
In AIT
>>
My advice is don't jack off in the showers or bathrooms; they know
>>
>>691208352
1)Drink lots of water even if not thirsty
2)Keep low profile for first week
2a)If physical weak you will stand out Google the army pt standard for your age make sure you can do it
3) it's Georgia and September you got lucky will feel great
4) If the DS tells you to do something stupid like touch his hat or some shit don't
5)don't shave your pupes in the shower will clog drains
6)make allot of friend in your platoon
7)do not take any thing with you to basic all you need is yourself and your paper work every thing else will be thrown away
8)just enjoy your time there don't stress allot and the DS are not bad guys
9)if you fuck up and get every one smoked they will hate you
>>
>>691214603
well if you've never been there you'd be surprised how many people do NOT do this. They lay around all summer and are in for a nasty shock when they arrive. Work out every fucking day.

Nothing else is all that important. You don't have to be very smart to graduate, so studying a book to learn about the names of various grenades is a waste of time. If the physical stuff is ok, you will do fine with everything else.
>>
how long do you get to do 20 push-ups?
>>
>>691214986
Those are the people that I like to call morons
>>
>>691213944
Cooking
>>
>>691214723
Now that sounds like some real fun.

I wonder what the French Foreign Legion is like
>>
>>691214723
do you get penalized if you cannot find your lucky charms?
>>
>>691215059
The army standard is two minutes as many as you can get. The minimum is different depending on age. They are saying do 20 continuously so that you can finish the test in just a few sets of 20
>>
>>691214971
>1)Drink lots of water even if not thirsty

haha, I heard this too, and did it, and our first time out in the woods for a week, I drank so much I had to piss every few minutes. I realized I had overdone it! I realized soon enough that you just make sure you have plenty of water at all times and drink when you are thirsty, or when they tell you to, and you'll be just fine. Your body knows when it needs water and you don't have to force it.
>>
>>691210158
No shit, I'm going for infantry too and hopefully I'll be going to Fort Benning at the end of August
>>
>>691208352
Remember, incoming fire has the right of way.
>>
>>691215261
Dude, believe me, I totally agree with him, Irish Rangers are supposed to be THE toughest to join. They completley fucking demolished the SAS in a competition on tactics.
>>
>>691208352
How old are you? If you're 18-21 you're gonna have a decently fun time in basic. If you're older than that you're gonna have to learn to control your rage because the fucking youngins are a pain in the god damned ass.
That being said, stay hydrated. Don't steal food. Keep your head down and don't draw attention to yourself. Do what you're told and it will all be over soon enough.
Oh, and try to stay awake during class. You're gonna be really fucking tired the whole time. If you fall asleep there's a good chance you'll fuck over your whole platoon.
>>
>>691215261
Fucking unhuman. Met some in Okinawa (Navy fag here) and they've got to be made of steel or some shit
>>
>>691214841
Thats pretty weak lol.
>>
If your shooting stance is good you're not moving fast enough or utilizing cover properly
>>
>>691215441
I'm 18, just got out of high school bud
>>
>>691215285
Lucky Charms ain't in Ireland (if you're talking of that cereal), but if you're talking other Irish steriotypical shit, then yeh, haha
>>
>>691215294
Shit, thanks anon that makes sense now
>>
>>691215175
they may not really be morons but they sure look stupid. Probably feel it too, as they realize they've wasted their time prior to joining and made life more difficult.

If you're not active duty now, you should look at websites for some of the schools the army conducts. Now, just about EVERY ONE starts with a PT tests, and if you fail it, not only are you sent back to your unit in shame (I can't imagine reporting back home 2 or 3 days after being shipped across the globe for a 6 month school), they claim they'll bar you from reenlisting and I'm sure your life at your old unit is shit, as you just embarrassed the leaders who sent you there. Obviously that is not how the baby soldiers in Basic are handled, but my point is that the army is shrinking, and has its pick of who it wants to keep. Top of their list are the high PT score people.
>>
>>691215438
Tougher than the MARCOS?
>>
>>691216035
Nice ip grabber faggot
>>
>>691215757
You'll be fine then. Avoid the retarded ass negroes when you get to AIT. What MOS?
>>
I remember there was a Pvt who asked a DS if he could use the bathroom during a class and was told no. He then asked once more and was Asian told no. Few minutes later he started crying DS shouted at him saying wtf are you crying for you piece if shit. He stands up and says he pissed is self ever one in the company started laughing even the other DS. good times
>>
>>691216128
Armor crewman
>>
>>691215463
Have you ever met an Irish Ranger? Those fuckers are Olympic-tier fitness, never seen anybody like them, and super strict when told to do a job. I remember seeing 4 of them guarding a truck being brought to a bank in Kilkenny Ireland, and one teenager started jeering him. The Ranger literally took a step forward so he could bump into the kid after he touched his Steryr AUG, and the teen got absolutley flattened. I've met a Forgein Legion guy, I know somebody from the SAS and a whole bunch from SEALs. And if Ireland invested more money in the army, they would probably be the best in the world from my experience in the USMC. They would hammer the Forgein Legion if they competed against each other.
>>
File: image.png (246 KB, 540x281) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246 KB, 540x281
>>691208352
They hate the cans stay away from them
>>
>>691212945
Bro, getting to kill is rare now even if you go infantry or cav and to be honest the army has gone soft as fuck. Chances are you'll do too much pt at your first unit and get an injury that forces you to change your mos and you'll be stuck as a pog doing lame ass shit everyday and you'll be a salty little fuck whining all day about it and talking about your "infantry days" we had a faggot in my unit like that and it was so God damn annoying. Also, there are VERY strict rules on the off chance that you do get to kill someone. Wait until the election and if Hillary wins I'd suggest not joining at all. If trump wins go all for it though.
>>
>>691215441
>Oh, and try to stay awake during class. You're gonna be really fucking tired the whole time. If you fall asleep there's a good chance you'll fuck over your whole platoon.

for whatever reason I never had a hard time staying awake in class. Other people did and it was pretty fucking funny. Not so funny when one guy did it during our company's introduction to the battalion commander in the theater. "Don't fall asleep on me young man" he said . . . after that, we knew the drill sergeants were going to be coming down on our asses.
>>
>>691216174
I need to witness this when I enlist
>>
>>691216122
in all seriousness man- I don't know what you are talking about with the IP grabber reference.
>>
Learn how to make a bed with hospital corners.
Look up how to ranger roll your undies and t-shirts
Learn how to turn your brain off
Learn how to accept fault but not care.
Good luck nigger
>>
>>691216888
Trips says so
>>
>>691216594
I know there are rules of engagement towards possible threats and dear Christ if Hilary wins idk what I'll do then
>>
>>691208352
Enjoy your stay at Club Mil.
I wont be on much longer as I have to get up in the morning for work so I can pay for your food.
>>
>>691216576
I've met one before. Never met anybody else as funny as this guy, but by the sounds of it, the Ireland Rangers are probably the most elite in the world. From his stories, they were rounded up into a tent, around 8 of them, and a DS started talking to them on testing their reaction timing. He then pulled out a grenade, pulled the pin, and dropped it in the circle around the circle of men. This was BASIC TRAINING, and they drop live grenades rigged to blow to test their fucking REACTIONS
>>
>>691216612
just read Lord of the Flies and you'll get the same vibe. I was sickened by how people turned on the physically weak. The drill sergeants showed their lack of class and professionalism in that regard, in my opinion.

Once during a night march a kid broke his ankle. He rode in a truck back to our camp site. As we formed up, one idiot drill sergeant saw him in the truck and assumed he'd snuck into the truck to shirk marching and began to scream at him. He made him "walk" and the kid fell down and started crying. The drill sergeant made the whole company laugh saying "Private Roberts' pussy hurts!" One of the other assholes from another platoon joined in the fun as the entire company laughed . . .

I knew the kid. Yeah, he was kind of a pussy and kind of a douchebag. But he had genuinely fucked up his ankle and the drill sergeant was a fucking asshole, the kid had done nothing wrong.

TL; DR I am sure. But the injustice of that always bothered me.
>>
>>691216128
OP here..MOS is Army Infantry
>>
>>691217702
me too man, 0311 all the way
>>
>>691216550
My last piece of advice: remember that it's all a head game. If you fuck up and don't pass a PT test, they're going to tell you you're getting recycled to the beginning. It's not fucking true. The drill sergeants are graded on how many people pass. Do not believe anything they say about being recycled. If you're fucking sick, go to sick call. The only way you'll be recycled is if you get seriously injured, fail your final PT test on the third attempt, or you repeatedly fail a test during class time. Enjoy it. It's the most fun you'll never want to have again.
>>
>>691217800
No shit? Rifleman reporting here too
>>
>>691217554
Yea, they did that to us, we legged it out of the tent and the tent was blown to high hell
Looking back, it was actually pretty awesome, leaving out the fact we were put in a life threatening situation with the lads
>>
>>691214841
Those are the absolute bare minimum qualifications, right? Marines do that shit for a warm-up.
>>
>>691217927
haha, the "we'll recycle you" threat was one we quickly realized was hollow.

Like when they told us, "you better have a good attitude because I have to sign off on your character before you graduate, and I'm not going to do it if you are some kind of asshole."

Yeah, SURE you aren't, E5, you hold all the power and the army will just let you keep me here forever.
>>
>>691214723
Dude, holy fuck...I just looked that up.
>>
>>691218123
Yea it's the minimum if you do more you get the extra points. Minimum of 180 points so 60pts each if you get the minimum. Plus from what I've heard the Marines stay in a classroom the first couple of weeks to learn their history lel
>>
>>691208352
I was in the army once here are some tips

-if you have a girlfriend, dump her. Immediately.
-don't marry the first girl you meet to get that BAH. It's not worth it I promise
-Don't bother making friends at basic. The chances of you still being their friend after you leave is very small
-Your DS will place the most hated person in the platoon in charge as PL. So become the most hated.
-if you are unlucky enough to get a suicidal bunk mate like I did, don't stop him, but don't blatantly tell him to it either.
>>
>>691218123
Damn right, top Kek
>>
>>691211079
Underrated post
>>
>>691218404
And that's only BASIC training. They don't do the grenade trick anymore, even though I witnessed it. The Irish Rangers from me own experience is probably the toughest. We make the Forgein Legion look like babies compaired to us lads.
>>
>>691208352
Your not a "soldier" till you graduate basic training
>>
>>691219049
Sadly we aren't really invested in. Explains why we have such shitty equipment. Never underestimate the Steyr AUG though. That gun is one of the underated guns, I'd say they'd be better than the M4 by a landslide.
>>
>>691218784
disagree, and you sound like a dick:
*agree that girlfriend is probably gone, if you don't want to dump, set your mind that she'll leave you but it's less boring to get her letters
*make friends. I still keep in touch with my buds from basic. What kind of asshole are you that you don't make friends on purpose?
*agree on the marriage thing. It would be hilarious if it wasn't sad, but 3 times while I was in, we had some private come back home from his time in the field or on maneuvers to find his "wife" had cleaned out his bank account completely, abandoned his apartment with rent due, and left him with basically nothing for the next 30 days. The poor fucking kids.
>>
>>691212945
>Can't wait to kill some mudslimes.
Good on you, man. We need more people with this attitude around. Just be ready to do a lot of waiting before you get to do so - special forces usually does all the killing, so you'll really only get some if you're ambushed or something.
>>
>>691219394
Thanks bud like I wasn't told that already or anything..I guess I can't wait to earn that title>>691219645
>>
>>691219815
Didn't mean to 'respond' to the last guy
>>
>>691219049
That sounds like an absolute fucking nightmare for 3 months...army ranger school sounds like a breeze after looking at that.
>>
>>691219666
I am a dick sir. If you want to talk to people from basic after you leave go for it. I didn't, and I don't. I bet you also add people you randomly fly with on a plane ride. I never once saw anyone I went to basic with except one dude who spent time in the brig and was court martialled. So he was a soup sandwich.

Everything else you agreed with me so I don't you why you say disagree.
>>
>>691214723
>If you gunsweep someone (sweep the barrel of the gun from someone), you're done. Out of the training,
I don't know what that means
>>
>>691219792
Who knows maybe I could end up going into special forces but only time will tell...I just need to work on my running that's all I'm really worried about.I mostly want to do this because I can't stand radical islam and its beliefs
>>
>>691220515
It's the best feeling ever. Believe me. Irish Rangers may be the toughest in the world and people dont know of that, but it's well worth joining if you live in Ireland and are interested.
>>
>>691220891
Basically if you point your gun at somebody even for a millisecond, you're out of the army and failed your training.
>>
>>691208352
Teamwork. Can't be a lone wolf til later. Right now, help each other.
>>
>>691220898
brainwashed dumbass. they are poor people whose families were bombed and murdered by fucking scum, which you'll soon be part of.
>>
>>691220788
well, I kind of disagreed about the girlfriend thing.

I haven't added anyone I flew on a plane with dude . . . basic was an intense experience and some of the guys were really fun to work with. I find it hard to see how someone couldn't make good friends in basic unless they are antisocial. Maybe in 40 years we won't all go visit each others' house or something, I really don't know or give a shit. I'm glad to have met those guys though, and glad to be friends with them. I guess if you enjoy not making friends, good on you.
>>
>>691220968
Nah, amerifag. Trying my luck at 75th rangers soon but if I did live in ireland...
>>
>>691221298
Kebab detected
>>
>>691220898
>I just need to work on my running that's all I'm really worried about.
Same here, man. I'm a Marine poolee and can't run for shit either - I've got to knock two minutes off my run before I can ship. Just keep pushing yourself and you'll make it.

>I mostly want to do this because I can't stand radical islam and its beliefs
Even if the President does? Our leadership isn't the most reliable in terms of stance, especially this election.
>>
>>691221298
There are still a lot that need to be liberated. We didn't bomb them enough, evidently.
>>
>>691221404
Ah sure best of luck to ya!
just remember if shite gets hard, just remember you dont have to carry a boat up an Irish mountain with gear up and down under time. And that's only the beginning of yer suffering in the Rangers
And remember one last thing. Luck doesnt exist in the army. Keep yourself over that "trying my 'luck'" phase, tell yourself that you're gonna get the fuck through, because that's how I got through the Irish Rangers.
>>
>>691221681
Yea I can see what you mean by the election coming up. But I can only hope Hilary doesnt win and trump doesn't seem to like the way the middle East is going so who knows
>>
don't die faggot
>>
>>691218784
Can you tell us more about the suicidial bunk mate
>>
>>691222434
They'll indirectly make you think about why you're fucking enlisting with their down thinking on life and their shit pitiful walks of life. Most of them are there because it's their last choice. Mate was found trying to harm himself on the shitter and got his ass beat and kicked out. Do this for YOU, nothing else.
>>
>>691222896
Well said anon. That guys sounds like one of those pussies that want you to feel sorry for them
>>
Anyone still lurking?
>>
>>691208352
It might seem like an army thing once your in but don't suck dick like all the other soliders.
>>
>>691224555
I am.

Military threads always give me a hard on.
>>
>>691224907
Oh baby
>>
If they ask, you don't even know what the word suicide means.
>>
>>691224907
Do you have any military experience anon?
>>
>>691208352
Don't become a government dog.
>>
They'll have you keeping marshal law in check in 5-10 years. Be prepared for me to personally take your scalp as a trohpy.
>>
>>691225471
Liberal fag detected
>>
>>691225605
The edge is real
>>
>>691225722
Human that still has faith in our government detected.
>>
>>691225272
I'm a Marine Corps poolee. I was just saying something my Gunny usually does when we do anything related to the Corps.

Fucking love that guy.
>>
>>691225789
Hope you and your family have tin foil hats
>>
Lol you joined the army. You cannot fail unless you are a complete fag. Its harder to get into Canada's army lol. you are cannon fodder. Cant wait to see the Muslims shit on your bloodied corpse in the name of their god you pussy shit.
>>
>>691226022
Canadian cuck detected
>>
>>691226022
Canada has an army?
>>
>>691226411
this
>>
>>691226022
Your army's requirements looks like shit that I would do in gym class lel
>>
68 whiskey here. you armor fuckers are hard to pull out of the hatch of tanks. Don't get fat. Make our job easier.
>>
Alright, dead thread, Irish Ranger signing out
Godspeed, all.
>>
>>691226579
Im fucking american and exactly. Army requirements are shit you had to do to pass middle school gym class.
>>
>>691222896
Fuck a guy like that. Let him kill himself, too many pussies in the world anyway.
>>
>>691226814
Do 68w ever see combat? I want to go 18D and I need combat experience(respect/honor/knowledge). Considering going 19D or 11b. All I want is SF.
>>
>>691208352
Here's a piece of advice: Fuck you for supporting a regime that systematically kills the innocent, covers it up, and then praises the murderers. Guns should be taken and destroyed, the military shut down, and all soldiers who retaliate should be put down like the dogs they are. Fuck you and fuck the military.
>>
>>691208352
not a really good time for enlisting but try to exercise, so when you get training it won`t be that hard.
good luck bro also try to do exercise like the soccer players because if you get called for action your feet are gonna bleed.
Start trying to double the pushups needed, double the running, stretching, keep hydrated.
don`t mention it to anyone follow orders also war and killing is not as fun as it sounds try to read some psychology books before.
God Bless.
also ps don`t talk too much about yourself or ask too much questions.
>>
>>691227486
Week bate.
>>
Why does everyone advice against buying condoms from the PX?
>>
>>691227649
Well I tried.
>>
>>691227486
Liberal cuck who wears tin foil hat on his dick. Be thankful you're safe at night while your wife fucks a real man.
>>
>>691227665
What are you, some kind of fag?
>>
>>691208352
Sell your TV to me for $100
>>
>>691227732
You got one: >>691227779
>>
>>691227858
I noticed. It is summer, after all.
>>
>>691227858
>>691227963
Eat my ass duck you guys
>>
>>691228049
What's an ass duck?
>>
>>691228146
Let me show you big boy
>>
>>691228511
Si papi.
>>
>>691226814
I leave in august as 68w is ait hard?
>>
>>691227425
The title is combat medic, depending on the unit you will see combat. Every unit needs a medic. Medic comes second to the job your unit is. If you're in a infantry unit you are infantry until someone goes down.
>>
>>691212103
Do you have pics OP
>>
>>691210594
No. MEPS is the same for everyone. Same cold room with dudes in underwear, same old man looking at your butthole.
>>
>>691229179
Prepare for a lot of studying. Emt portion is boring af. Death by power point. Once you hit the combat medic portion you will be outside every day practicing your combat related skills. Hope you aren't afraid of needles because you will give/get ivs everyday in whisky phase ( The second 8 week portion).Fort Sam isn't as fun as your recruiter told you, and you will be jealous of the Air Force and navy personnel who have the good life. Medics are treated the worst in the medical regiment. Prepare for a strict ait experience and no down time. You will be smoked just as much as you got smoked in basic. Don't believe people who say ait is like college. Maybe for other mos's but medics get treated poorly in the tradoc world.
>>
>>691210158
>>691210725
Been through three tours. 2nd infantry division. You all want war and blood and guts. Until your scrapping your friends brains off the dirt to bring them home to their mother. Been there done that.
>>
>>691211411
You were either old army when the military wasn't so pussified, or you've never been in at all. Don't know which, I know fuck all about the army. Oorah cream corn.
>>
>>691230031
Please tell me you went through milwaukee and had that old doctor always wearing sweats and placing his balls on your knee.
>>
>>691208352
kill isis pls thx
>>
>>691225940

Semper Fi brother. Shipping in December. When you headed to boot?
>>
>>691230031

Can confirm.
>>
>>691230071
I've heard they dont have drill sergeants anymore man. have stress cards and shit. It was litterally the easiest thing i've ever done in my life. Pay attention to how the instructors to bandages. Ask other ways the ones with their CMB can use the bandages. Having more than 1 use for any equiptment in your bag is very useful. You will probably share equipment, but when you get into your unit buy an aid bad. From tactical tailor or something. seperate compartments A. B. C. with atleast 3 litres of lacted ringers, and 500ml of hextend.
>>
>>691230071
I chose medic so there was no smooth talking he just called in it for me, am i retarded for doing so? I also got option 4 will that make things harder on me?
>>
>>691213496
Probably because you're on /b/ and most of us can't conceive of an O4 hanging around and shitposting. By the way, the fucks up with the army? My reservist uncle just made major. Most active duty Marine officers don't make it past captain.
>>
>>691230904
I fucking wish you were my medic. He didn't even know what AVPU meant for christ sakes. Our platoon booted him about 4 days in country.
>>
>>691231093
Better hope you get a picket fence at meps. I was denied 18x because of astigmatism.
>>
>>691214409
Did you feel powerful knowing your presence is used to scare of threats
>>
>>691214455
Why do they scream and be so harsh?
>>
If army basic is anything like navy basic, you'll just end up hating life for two months because you can't take a shit without someone yelling at you, but you'll end up realizing it was a breeze adterwards
>>
>>691214937
How?
>>
>>691230904
The mass casualty simulator is in the dark also and probably the best training you will get there as explosions in populated areas even against civilians are still prevalent. remember check pulse and breathing. Anything other than breathing with pulse move on. the idea is to do the most amount of good with the equipment you have, and you can't save everyone enter a room with 12 people all amputees. Legs bleed out first bigger vessels. Double amputees with chest injuries still bleeding, pass up, sunken chest wound double amupetee pass up. double leg amputee can bleed out in 4 minutes. How fast can you apply two cat tourniquets? what about their blood loss you going to do an IV? too late, by 15minutes into a mass cal mostly those that have lived until now will live, those that did not hit 15 minutes will have already died. move along Pass someone missing a jaw lean them forward sitting up, they will not drown in their own blood laying down, prop them against something. in real fucking life, 1st cav medic laid a guy down in a Bradley, we noticed as they closed the door to casevac and he fucking died. piece of shit unit, piece of shit people. pay the fuck attention
>>
File: IMG_20120619_162409.jpg (453 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20120619_162409.jpg
453 KB, 2560x1920
>>691231908
Every barracks floods at some point because someone flushed a sock or stupid shit. White jellyfish everywhere. Manas was the fucking worst for it.
>>
>>691230457
Nope. California.
>>
>>691215438
How can be tactics be better? Don't armies have the best ones already known?
>>
>>691214841
15min 56 seconds? Please tell me that you're a bitch.
>>
>>691231442
I dont understand what you mean by picket fence but ive been to meps already and got through it all
>>
>>691214841
tbh fam most active units will push your shit in if you're even close to the minimum. The PT test is a joke.

The minimum is designed so EVERYONE in reserve, guard or whatever admin position can (or should) pass it.
>>
>>691215534
How do you shoot correctly then?
>>
>>691232429
It just means you don't have any major medical issues. Can't get airborne in contract if you have a waiver. Which I think is fucked up
>>
>>691232351
Wait how did he die? The Bradley killed him?
>>
>>691232663
Well they passed me so i think i might be ok, honestly i just hope i dont fuck up my legs or go splat. Thanks for all the info
>>
>>691212179
Holy crap you're a pussy.
I carried more than that on my 1.2mi one way walk to school in the morning and back on a daily basis. My back is fine and I can squat a 1 story building.
>>
>>691232987
I'm jealous of you man... Enjoy airborne and have fun. Hit the ground knees bent and together
>>
I'm trying to apply the army but I am afraid they won't accept me because of my height. I'm 6'6 at 18. Where would I be placed? Storage unit?
>>
>>691217554
How many people on average fuck this up?
>>
Jack off on the DS's face while he's asleep and draw a dick on his forehead.

Also, don't shine your shoes. Glares in the woods.
>>
>>691210594
Disqualified from one, disqualified from all.
>>
>>691233231
Why aren't you playing basketball nigger
>>
Don't volunteer for anything.
>>
do what you're told
don't do anything stupid
do good pt
>>
>>691229179
>>691230071
68w are basically infantry attachments.

Also the shocker for many 68w they learn later is that their experience in the military doesn't transfer over to civilian.
>>
>>691233637
I am... I just want to serve this country and get some benefits
>>
>>691230904
They're bringing drill sergeants back to whiskey ait. We were too undisciplined. By August they will be there for sure.
>>
>>691232971
he was missing his jaw, the laid him down on his back. The blood from his head went down and filled his lungs as he tried to breathe. I visited aid station when we RTB, he was dead i couldn't figure out how he could have possibly died as he was stable, found out the dumbass medic laid him down. i'm still angry about it.
>>
>>691208352
Double Y to trickshot
>>
File: 1410425577253.jpg (6 KB, 340x508) Image search: [Google]
1410425577253.jpg
6 KB, 340x508
>>691208352
Good goy, the people of Israel thank you for your noble sacrifice
>>
going into highschool wanna join the military
>fat
>beta
>not athletic
give me honest advice i should give it up shouldn't i
>>
>>691236215
It only takes a year to change
>>
Anyone from USMC exactly how bad is the peanut butter shot
>>
>>691236215
I lost 96lbs in 9 months to join.
Once you lose the weight though you'll notice you're better off not joining. Unless you enjoy doing nothing for 3 years.
>>
>>691236418
>Anyone from USMC exactly how bad is the peanut butter shot
Not bad at all.
>>
>>691236453
what did you do
>>
>>691208352
Commit suicide.
>>
>>691236678
kek
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.