[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you ever feel like the best years of your life have already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 23
File: why.jpg (15 KB, 480x326) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
15 KB, 480x326
do you ever feel like the best years of your life have already passed and now you're just kind of existing?

I honestly haven't been happy in like 5 or 6 years
>>
Yes.
>>
Everyday. Some days feel better though.
>>
What's the solution? This is exactly how I feel
>>
never had any 'best years' unless you can count like 10-12
>>
I remember the last time I was happy and I know exactly what I need to be happy and I know it ain't much but I can't seem to get shit in this life. I'm so sick of losing, so sick of being invisible, so sick of having to play someone else's fucking game
>>
You're wasting your life, and the only one to blame is yourself.
>>
File: 1464037731888.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464037731888.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>690834934
It's such a crazy world
Where anything goes down
And most of what appears isn't true

So in this crazy world
I like to be around
And laugh at life along with you
>>
>>690834934
Sometimes.
Then I get some sleep, or I go for a run, and it's over.
There's a Zen principle that's very useful for these situations: focus on the here and now, anything else either never will exist or is already over.
>>
I haven't been happy for 3 years.

>I've been feeling a bit better lately though.
>>
File: trapped1.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
trapped1.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>690834934
http://goo.
gl/57LLlQ
>>
Living in the past is depressing. Thinking about the future makes you anxious. So be present everything has brought you to now. I am getting better and better with polishing psychic abilities.
>>
I'm 19 and cannot remember a high point, I'd just survived, never lived, but at least I have people that care about me, even if I don't any more.
>>
File: 1465011266599.jpg (462 KB, 1673x2193) Image search: [Google]
1465011266599.jpg
462 KB, 1673x2193
I never had a "good year"
life is but an endless nightmare of ongoing horrors and pain
> get me off this ride
>>
>>690834934
Yup, I went from banging sluts having an awesome job, getting wasted every weekend with a bunch of friends to working a boring ass 9-5 job and coming home to my wife who hasn't had sex with me in two years. Think I need to start having an affair to spice up my life again.
>>
File: latest.gif (7 KB, 217x216) Image search: [Google]
latest.gif
7 KB, 217x216
>>690834934
Take it from me, OP. I'm 26 years old and I wasted my entire life
>>
>>690836385
>I'm 19

Come back when your actually an adult you fucking pussy
>>
Yup; 31 and I have nothing left to live for, safe for a girl that loves me. Otherwise I'd drink myself to a broken liver for sure.
>>
>>690834934
The solution is to an hero. There's some evidence that we respawn, so you can an hero, respawn, and be happy and then repeat the process.
>>
>>690836786
She knows how I feel by the way, last week she didn't find me home when she came over, my phone was off and she thought I'd thrown myself out of my window because it was wide open.

I went drinking with some friends until I felt sick, but it just as easily could have been the window.
>>
Yeah and you will see when you get really old. You will know the loneliness. I knew it for years but no one escapes it. It will come to you one day. Then you will realise that this is ten times worst than not having a gf and being a little bitch about it.
>>
>>690837010
>some evidence that we respawn
I missed that lecture, can you fill me in?
>>
>>690837050
I agree.

The no gf was frustrating, but not as toxically depressive as the true, depressed existential crisis that hit me these days.
>>
I AM A WORK IN PROGRESS
>>
>>690837239
Is it possible to just get that out of the way early?
Cause the first bit of my life was pretty shitty, and I've more or less been on the rise from there.
>>
>>690837383
He was merely leading you the way: we are your friends now. Embrace it. Embrace us. There is no escape.
>>
>>690837494
You could perhaps stop it from happening if you magically hit the button of satisfaction by means of work or art, but most people never get there because they all too well realize death is waiting and we just dealing with an exercise towards the end.
>>
File: moe.jpg (18 KB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
18 KB, 350x266
>tfw almost 24
>tfw only had like 2 gfs for about a month each when I was like 15
>tfw no friends
>tfw wagecuck because I have a loan to pay off

If it wasn't for my parents I'd probably kill myself. I couldn't imagine putting them through that but for the last few years my life has JUST
>>
>>690834934
Yes
>>
>>690834934
>31yo
>Spain
>born with an anxiety disorder
>moved 7 times from 10yo to 20yo
>my family lost the financial support we had at first because my dad did something illegal.
>mom had anger issues.

>couldn't go to collegue
>i have huge regrets over a girl that liked me when I was 15yo but that I pushed away without realizing it, as I had huge anxieties and lack lf self-esteem.
>had a job in 2008 but right when i thought i was healing the crisis came.
>+20% unemployment here.

I also feel the "best years" of my life are gone, but it's even worse in my case because i feel I wasted my youth.

Now I'm gonna get insulted, blamed, as it happens usually to me here. Without understanding my situation, and how things work in Spain. I admit I'm partially responsible for my shit but it's not that i had it easy didn't i?
>>
>>690834934

Life is about perspective. Look at the highest and lowest points in your life and objectively try to decide if it's really all that bad or if you're just depressed. I'm 24 now, I was in a hard way about 5 years ago, knocked some bitch I hated up, racked up child support debt, moved out of state, started dating a high maintenance chick, wound up homeless and jobless and basically systematically destroyed myself for almost a year but I finally decided to stop doing what I wanted to do and did what I needed to for awhile because I realized in comparison to the people around me I wasn't that bad off and just did what I needed to do to not be a piece of shit and therefore not feel like one.

Long story short, just buckle the fuck down and suck it up. Nobody will give you happiness, nobody will hand you a ticket to the easy train and you will not get anywhere by bitching. If you want something, make it happen. If you're unhappy, just change it. If you treat yourself like shit or act like shit, then that's what you are.

It's actually that easy to just change it. One push to shift the momentum.
>>
>>690834934
No because i have goals? literally wut. KYS
>>
>>690834934
its cuz you're likely scared to pursue what you actually want from the world.
>>
>>690837937
at least you experienced teenage love.>>690838077
>>
>>690837822
Yeah, I know you won't believe me when I say this, but I've pretty much accepted that I'll die someday.
I've been close to death 3 times in my life, and the last one I didn't meet with fear, but I was absolutely calm; which, ironically, saved my life.
Right now, I just wanna soak it all up, the good and bad, fuck living in fear.
>>
>>690836577
me too: I'm >>690838077
>>
>>690838077
We are almost literally the same, difference that I am Dutch. I feel you spainbro. I don't know what to say. If you are looking for something, look for therapy of any kind to make the passing days feel somewhat more acceptable.
>>
File: 1456268709862.png (252 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1456268709862.png
252 KB, 511x428
>>690837202
the universe is a closed system with a finite amount of particles. Given infinite time, those particles should eventually create every reality ever, including the one where you remember killing yourself to get to the next life
>>
Look at you, you little bitches crying about no gf, no fweends, life wasted and all that crap when you are under 35, shit, you shouldn't be allowed to speak until 50, fucking brats thinking THEY have it hard cause can't grow a pair and get laid, wait little fuckers. You just wait.
>>
>>690838381
You should soak it up.

It is not the fear of death though, it is the drag of the inevitable, the pointlessness of investment in anything.
>>
>>690838564

Go on...
>>
File: 1411949692320.jpg (32 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
1411949692320.jpg
32 KB, 500x458
>>690834934
Pretty much.
>>
>>690838493
At least you can get a job there.

Thanks for the cheers. It makes me feel im' not alone with this.
>>
>>690834934
I feel this way Monday through friday. Then I'm happy Saturday and Sunday.
I wonder if it's work related?
>>
>>690838564
You're assuming that that configuration is you instead of a copy.
I think consciousness is an emergent property, or that it isn't a structure of matter, but a process carried out by matter.
I think once that process ceases, you cease.
Forever.
>>
>>690838859
sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays
>>
>>690838888
quads of truth
>>
>>690838685
>>690838888
well, theoretically speaking, there is a finite amount of ways to arrange the particles in the universe, meaning stuff has to repeat eventually. This is of course assuming the universe is finite, and time is infinite. It's like the air in a room has a finite probability of all being shoved in one corner. It's never going to happen, but with infinite time it should
>>
>>690835487
Same here man :(
>>
>>690838712
True, there is some work here, I am deemed unemployable though through depression, anxiety and to top it off a recent diagnosis of the autisms. There is no real hope, but I just try to cook everyday and appreciate the small bullshit that passes by everyday. Until the next bill arrives. Until another season ends.

At this point I am even to apathetic to kill myself. I feel that in some ways I have died already.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 2560x1600
Do you remember the last time a friend texted you?
>>
>>690838888

Checked.

That's true but it's also energy which means it can be transferred or really, will be. So where does it go? Recycled???

Inb4 heaven
Inb4 chitullu
>>
>>690838645
I think that the struggle is what makes it worth it.
You'd never know how much of a simple pleasure it is to simply look at something when you thought you were going to be dead forever, but you were spared that fate, however temporarily.
>>
I was unhappy for unknown amount of years. Now I'm 24 and just becoming happy so nope yall just look at reality through darkness.
>>
File: dep.jpg (70 KB, 950x640) Image search: [Google]
dep.jpg
70 KB, 950x640
>>690839194
no
>>
>>690839179
I hope eventually something triggers in your life that makes you feel better.

I think I cannot even afford to be apathetic as I'm very judgamental about myself and I have several pains about my past.

Btw, got my mind on you, the depression and anxiety truly sucks, i think normal people cannot really understand how bad it is.

good luck dutchbro
>>
29 here.....haven't been happy since I was 8.....dad died and everything went downhill ever since

>>I want off this ride
>>
>>690839194
>>
File: anx.jpg (46 KB, 640x573) Image search: [Google]
anx.jpg
46 KB, 640x573
me
>>
>>690839194
yes
>>
I have no energy left.
I have to wake up at 6am and I am home at 5pm. Then I need to clean and cook etc. Then I must sleep at 10 pm. Every single day is shit. I hate everything about my life. I know I'm a shit but I got no energy to fix it. I should really end it but like most people that hate their life I am scared of death.
>>
>>690839228
>>690839143
Here's an interesting thought experiment.
Somehow, a wizard has managed to create two exact copies of you, down to the quanta and whatever interactions they're undergoing.
They are essentially using the exact same "hardware", running the exact same "software", all in the same configuration.
Which one is you?
If both of them are you, is your consciousness doubled?
Interested in what you think.
>>
>>690839599
:(
>>
>>690839780
are you me?

I feel you, anon.
>>
>>690839576
Same to you my friend, thank you for the encouraging words and the reality check concerning anxiety and depression. I can't help you but tell you I will go to bed now thinking a couple of hundred kilometers down south there is a bro in dire conditions who needs a warm shoulder and a safety net, and that I will hope for you.
>>
Yeah. I've lost half my sigh t. Arteries are all clogged up so I can't walk without shit tons of pain. Hearing aids cause I m deaf. False teeth too. I miss being healthy. Fuck t his getting old shit. It s u cks.
>>
>>690839780

same here but with no job and probably being even more shit than you:>>690838077
>>
>>690839780
I have these feels
>>
>>690834934
honestly no. I waited until I was 26 to start college and the idiots I go to school with can't learn worth a shit. You'll be fine bro. There's always time.
>>
>>690840017
Cheers. Sleep tight.
>>
>>690835989
he's thinking about it lol.
you know what I would. that trap is cuter than any of the bitches I've pulled in a long time.
>>
i just want to find a girl who isnt a normie
>>
24 here

Been on /b/ since new years eve 2006

>Have job but since /b/ro's encouraged having gf's back in the day, I've had my fair share of women.
>Never actually been able to hold down a relationship.
>Everyone else I know who getting married, having kids and moving away.

My last shot in life is moving to Budapest in September, starting a new life.

Hopefully I'll meet a woman and settle down.

If not, I'm going to ''off'' myself by 26

I can't handle being alone anymore.
Waking up in the morning fucking sucks.
>>
>>690834934
Nope. I was depressed and anxious constantly when I was younger. Now I make good money and have a good woman.
>>
>>690840395
As if those two things make up for the void that is life. The void that is depression. Normie pls.
>>
>>690834934
do some oxy
>>
>>690838564
One more thing, that all depends on how you think the universe will end.
If it's heat death, then there's no more disparity in energy, which means nothing will ever happen again.
The particles are just too spread out to do anything.
The only way what you're describing could happen is if gravity turns out to have the most force at the end, and pulls everything back together for The Big Crunch.
But given the accelerating expansion of the universe, we have no reason to believe that will happen.
>>
>>690837937
I was right there. My education is high school diploma, college failure. Now i earn about 165k. And my life rocks. AMA
>>
>>690840343
26 is too soon to give up. If you have a work, keep up until you're 35 at least.

Marrying and having kids isn't that great, why would you want that at this point of your life?
>>
>>690840343
I'm 48.

Whether you wake up alone or not, you always wake up with yourself. That fact is obvious, but the implications are not.
>>
>>690839793
I guess it would be whichever one you were before he made the copy.
>>
>>690839793

No, I'm double depressed now
>>
>>690838091
Charles??
>>
im a huge failure
>>
>>690840840
I just feel like I'm fading away at chances of meeting a decent woman & being happy
>>
>>690841046
So how would you function?
Would you control both at once?
Would you be able to differentiate between the bodies?
>>
nope, the past was shit, today is shit, and the future will be shit
>>
>>690834934
come to /r9k/
>>
>>690838091
It is obvious you don't know real, clinical depression. Anxiety. Personality disorders. There is no buckling up there. There is only going from treatment to treatment hoping for a fucking miracle before you die.
>>
>>690841211
That doesn't make sense. Unlike me>>690838077

You seem to have built a decent life with a work and all of that. From 26 to 35 a lot of things can happen to you, why would with 26 be an age to feel as that?

try to be optimistic, because honestly I see no reason why you'll end up alone dude. Cheers.
>>
>>690841211
>implying that meeting a decent woman & being happy are synonymous
Don't hang your hopes for happiness on a person.
They're just as human as you are.
>>
>>690841319
I wouldn't
no
no
>>
>>690841370
No.

It's people with that attitude who ruined /r9k/

It's just full of 18 year old post highschool autistics
>>
File: gross.webm (484 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gross.webm
484 KB, 1280x720
life is gross , you get older and realize what a fucking sham it is

work money bills

rich get rich poor stay enslaved, oppressed , and depressed and stressed
>>
My biggest problem is that I have NO motivation. Whenever I start a new project I never finish it. I am doomed because i will always give up no matter what. How can I fix that? I can be 100% on different projects for weeks and everything is going well then one day I just feel bad and I give up everything. I just give up for months then I start over the same fuckign process. I've been dooing this shit for 10 years now. I'm fucking done.
>>
>>690840869
So, repeat this:

When I am by myself I am never alone

Masturbation is sex with someone I love
>>
You guys need to stop being so hard on yourselves. Understand that you owe nothing to noone. If you feel trapped in a situation, just walk out. I know you may feel the world's judgement upon your shoulders, but you gotta just 100% ignore that. Nobody matters more than yourself. Do exactly as you feel like. Freely ask critics to go fuck themselves, no matter who they are.
>>
I'm just trying to finish school then get the fuck out of here.. i wish i didn't waste so much time when i was younger but fuck it it is what it is. ill probably join the army since i have no idea what i want to do in the future and at least it'll give me discipline experience and something to do with my life. if i get killed fuck it at least i died doing something with a purpose.
>>
>>690841955
Fucking this
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 456x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 456x475
20 yo high school dropout. I've lost connection with people. The only thing that really still gets me going is the guitar and drugs to some extent. (Nothing heavy) I plan on making music with a band.
>>
>>690835380
The solution is that it is all a matter of perspective. In 10 years you will look back on today as better than whatever you are doing/experiencing in 10 years (assuming you are still a negative person).
>>
>>690841955
> just walk out
You can't walk out when you have to pay the bills trust me
>>
I miss you so much, Camelia.
>>
>>690834934

A lot of you need to travel. Join the peace corps or americorps. Theres a post on craigslist that you can teach english in china (with hs diploma to teach kindergarten).

But this might put a spark in you, travel to thailand where ANY neckbeard can get a girl and get laid for.20 dollars
>>
Sux your unhappy B/rosiph I pray a ray of sunshine comes into your life.
>>
>>690841955
Thank you.

Finally a bit of support.
>>
>>690842449
Have you ever considered being homeless for a bit?
You're gonna die physically someday, might as well speed that up if doing what you do now makes you die inside so much.
But the real reason you're not going to do it is because you don't have the balls to risk everything.
>>
>>690842557
I can't do anything bold for another 2 years because that's when I finally pay off my loan
>>
>>690836385
Of course you've never lived, you're fucking 19. Come back when you've tried adulthood for a while.
>>
>>690841955
LISTEN TO THIS POST, CHILDREN.
>>
>>690834934
happy is just a word, fuck everything that doesnt please you
>>
>>690842225
You need to get your ass to a community college and get a degree, at least an AA, or get a ged from adult school. Also look into learning a trade like chef or electrician so if your record doesnt sell or you get kicked outta the band you have someway of making a living
>>
>>690842449
You can. Think - not paying bills and the associated consequences vs. Living in a constant state of despair...which do you think is worse for You?
>>
>>690842905
why would i worsen my condition?
>>
>>690842440
exactly. I can remember shit 3-4 years ago as being great, but in that time I didn't think it was.

Its all nostalgia for shit hats been
>>
>>690841955
Dubs speak the truth
>>
>>690843086
having to beg and turning into a human trash is worst
>>
>>690842905
Trust me, if you sink to homelessness now you'll have even a harder time to get back into life. Make sure you at least work 40 quarters for ssi so that you can file for disabilty when you've been living on the street for 20 years
>>
>>690843186
I do the exact same thing
>>
>>690835574
Everyone here, on Earth, is wasting their life. Well, I guess I should say, you're not 'wasting' it, you're just living it without doing the things society wants you to do.

The only thing worth doing is what makes you happy.
I haven't found that thing yet.
>>
If you're incapable of creating your own happiness in life than you will be sad. Like everything, happiness takes work time and effort.
>>
>>690843636
I'm trying to tell myself it's all right but its hard mayne. Like even 6 months back looks great compared to now and IK it's exactly the same..
>>
File: 1443984472743.jpg (10 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1443984472743.jpg
10 KB, 243x207
>>690838564
You're applying the wrong logic to this. The boundary of this system isn't static, it's expanding at a rate that makes the universe ultimately unsustainable. Your particles will spread too thin and crap out long before they react enough to respawn you.

Once you're dead, you're out. And everything else will die after.
>>
>>690843056
If you look at silversun pickup's video for lazy eye the dude behind the bar was the ex-drummer when their band started to blow up, so at least have something to fall back on.
>>
>>690843236
When you said 'not paying bills' I thought you just meant you are tired of being the breadwinner for an ungrateful family...you should always take care of your own self...that should be paramount. Begging is not the answer, being answerable only to yourself is the answer.
>>
No.
Once I hit a point of complete dissatisfaction I tend to do something crazy instead of bitch about it online.
>>
>>690834934
The day I feel like that is the day I pull the fucking trigger. I will never accept that the best is behind me.
>>
>>690844100
so crazy1111111!!!!!!11!!!!!! thats why you're on 4chan on a thread specifically for people bitching and complaining about their problems right? such a rebel!1!1!!
>>
>>690844851
Sort of. This is a slow chapter in my life, and it was preceded by a loony one, so I don't know what's next.
I don't project how I feel now onto the entirety of my life.
y u mad tho
>>
>>690834934
I'm 29 and relatively happy. Married with four kids, nice job, nice house, nice neighborhood. I work with sick kids and that's a bit of a bummer. I don't really talk to a lot of my old HS friends because they chose different paths. I like my life now, but I wish I could go back in time and appreciate my old life more, but whatever.
>>
>>690845078
u r tho
>>
>>690837494
No, my guy, you can not 'get it out of the way early.' Lots of people have shitty childhoods, but youth carries with it a hope of the future that you don't really understand yet. There is always that chance that you'll turn things around, you'll meet better friends, you'll find that special girl, you'll earn that dream job/dream home/dream life.

At a certain point in your life, you will realize that you simply don't have time to turn those things around anymore. It's too late to make the change and the life you've led is the one you're going to die with. That loss of hope is something that can't really be described to you, it's something that you will only understand when it happens.

And maybe you'll be doing fairly well at that time and you'll just have a little mid life crisis and buy a hot sports car or fuck your secretary. Maybe, like most of us, you'll face an abyss where all of your dreams used to be. Maybe it'll be down the barrel of a shotgun. Sometimes it's the only thing you can do.
>>
>>690845473
I have brain damage that prevents me from getting angry.
>>
>>690845078
me too but i don't feel the need to let everyone know I'm a crazy rebel dude!!!1!1!11!!!1!1
>>
>>690845582
That's a lame super power. I'd ask for a refund.
>>
>>690845636
I was hoping it would inspire people to become more adventurous. Or do you hate books? I bet you hate books.
>>690845946
I would if I were upset about how lame it was.
>>
>>690845398
>kids

why couldn't I save them?

"Yea, better is he than both they, which hath not yet been, who hath not seen the evil work that is done under the sun." Ecclesiastes 4;3

I'm not a religious man but I like this because it sums up pretty much how I feel. Most people who ever put a little thought into their life should see that it's pointless and full of suffering regardless of the amount enjoyment you get. Therefore, I don't understand why people keep having kids and making all this shit go on.

It's not like they actually try to improve the world so that the life their kids will live is a little less awful; no, they expect their kids to take care of themselves and do all this shit and just brings me down because I can't help the unborn.

I have such an un-natural view on it that I can't convince anyone except those that have already come to the same conclusion. It kills me as much as life does
>>
>>690845398
I've been told 4chan isn't for losers as me. That it was just for the lonely and the naughty.

Then if your life's so good (though I wouldn't want 4 kids), what are you doing here?
>>
>>690846419
why the fuck would i hate books?
>>
I'm 32, welcome to adulthood, faggots.
>>
>>690846866
Because you're trying to enable boring stories.
>>
>>690846930
>i'm so old, look at me ;_;
>plz i have so much experience
>>
>>690840759
what do you do?
I'm guessing you're murican right
>>
>>690846930
I'm 31 and still haven't behaved as an adult :(
>>
Nah I'm only 21 so I don't think I've had my best years yet. I've had some great splashes of happiness here and there but overall I've always been sad. Maybe I'll hit my golden years when I'm older if I don't wind up offing myself lol
>>
>>690847028
that makes no sense at all you fucking retard. when did all these 12 year old faggots start browsing this site?
>>
>>690844100

Woah, you's SOOOO Edgy and cool, anon, you fucking human shitstain.
>>
I have been feeling like this since for a few years. My friends are moving onto different things and a lot of them don't have the time for me anymore. So, I just try find whatever things that I think can potentially entertain me.
>>
>>690847324

I'm: >>690838077

My advice to you is if you don't have some sort of anxiety problem and you live in a nation with opportunities, try to stay active and eventually you won't feel as offing yourself anymore.

Wish I had your age and opportunities and no mentail issues. I'd study coding or some computing stuff.
>>
>>690847627
>blames me for his lack of reading comprehension.
top kek. obviously hates books.
>>
>>690837937
>be me
>be 31
>had everything at 25(gf-job-house)
>decide i'm too young for that shit, and wanted to "live more"
>at 27 lose job and house
>28 go back to live with parent
>29 new job
>30 no gf
>31 start to get bald
>>
>>690847692
Eh, I'm alright. Probably am more edgy and cool than you without trying to be since that's not my motive, but hey, if you think that then right on. I'm sure you live an exciting life so should take your input seriously.
>>
I'm none of the young posters here but what the fuck is half you guys problem? You measure unhappiness like it's some kind of competition that only veterans can enter. Who are any of you to measure someones suffering or unhappiness by what age they are? We've all lived different lives and suffered from different points so instead of trying to compare suffering - and diminishing someone elses because you feel they aren't old enough to earn it - how about just supporting each other and giving and receiving the gift of sharing the burden? Honestly, some real sadfag dickheads in here.
>>
>>690837494
It hit me at 21 but I haven't gotten out of it yet. Everything seems pointless and I feel like an alien when I'm around normal people.
>>
Eh, I visited here first during college. I guess I'm just a little too nostalgic to leave. I go to /ck/, /tv/, and /sp/ pretty frequently as well. /b/ is the first board most angst-filled teenagers visit, and I think that despair has a way of sticking around.
>>
>>690848068
Oh, you haven't heard, /b/ isn't for losers anymore. we have no place here. I've been here since 2010 and I learnt that yesterday.

That dutchbro from earlier was the only kind piece of words I got here in a lot of months.
>>
File: NIN_2567.jpg (94 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
NIN_2567.jpg
94 KB, 595x842
>>690834934
well, if you can remember the last time you were happy, why not try to re-create that?

even if it doesnt make yo feel happy, it'll give you an idea of what else you need push yourself into the happy-threshold, yeah?
>>
>>690847827
This guy. Thats the best sum up on how life sucks.
>>
I was happy when I was 15 and dating this amazing chick, most genuinely nice person you'd ever meet still to this day. Wish I never fucked that up
>>
>>690848489
You'd think we'd take a little bit more time to try and help one another considering half of us are in the same boat, but then again that's giving half the assholes on here far too much credit.
>>
>>690835989
Sauce?
>>
>>690838077

Galleguitooooooooooo venite pal Uruguay que acá te conseguimos un trabajito y un par de minitas pa que te hagan olvidar tus penas
>>
>>690846483
Reproduction is hard wired into humans, but a lot of people have a few of those wires loose. Life is what you make it, but some people get dealt a shitty hand and just decide to fold. Nobody is going to make the world perfect and everyone will have varying degrees of hardship, but you do the best you can. If you're in such despair about the state of the world, find something you love to do and find a way to make the world better by doing it.
>>
>>690848530
and everyday i'm getting bitter... everything and everyone seems stupid to me... i'm not even a fat fuck... or ugly... just lose my opportunity... and now i'm becoming in... i don't know... "that guy" you now... lonely, angry, bitter... i'm so sad and angry everyday...
>>
WHat's everybody listening to in this thread?
>>
>>690849197
too true. just working, spending some money, and giving in to your vices really does wonders for your psyche.
>>
my prob is that i am having incurable desease
high bloood pressure .. incurable
skin allergy... no cure
hair falling balding .. nocure.
ugly.. no cure
no gf .. no ure
old ing ar 29 ... no cure
>>
>>690849541
shave your head. keep working. do whatever you want. waste time. hell, go out of your way to "waste time." inspiration will hit eventually
>>
>>690849945

Basically every disease is "incurable"... all medicine does is either amputate the dysfunctional organ or alleviate the symptoms
>>
>>690850314
already shaved... just trying man...
>>
>>690849605
paradise - eyedea and abilities
>>
File: 120339771780.gif (12 KB, 147x152) Image search: [Google]
120339771780.gif
12 KB, 147x152
>>690834934
I was getting really depressed when my wife developed full blown addiction and went to rehab and the family support shit / NarAnon / seeing how rough other people had it with kids whoring themselves out and ODing was just enough to make me pull my head out of my own ass.

I realized I had built a castle of being "right" and being "secure" and being "proper" around myself until I was suffocating every day. The isolation alone was killing me.

I have a few friends again. I talk to my wife again and she does her best to not do drugs and life is alright. I go outside from time to time. But it took a huge kick in the nuts to even get me this far.
>>
File: 1464490390447.gif (365 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1464490390447.gif
365 KB, 500x275
>23 yo kissless handless fat virgin
>never had a female friend
>mom thinks i'm gay
>in love with my cousin
>all my """ friends""" have nice jobs, cute girlfriends/wives
>i spend my days playing ps4
It gets better right bros?
R-right?
>>
File: wagh.jpg (53 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
wagh.jpg
53 KB, 597x519
>"Peaked" at 18
>Peak was over before I was even twenty
>The peak of my life didn't even last 2 years.
>Have my whole life still ahead of me

W-what do I do?
>>
>>690849342
>better

Better is a relative term. Better than what? Wrong. Things aren't better now than they were 100 or 6000 years ago. They are different. The fact still remains; it's all pointless and if we weren't here to decide what's "better", things would still exist and actually, objectively be a much 'better' world altogether.
>>
>>690851453

Read something by Alber Ellis
>>
>>690851453
join the club
>>
>>690834934
You were happy once?
>>
>>690852526
No
>>
>>690851127
Ayyyy
exhausted love.

much more appropriate.

listen to that instead of being a sappy faggot.
>>
George Washington had chronic crippling physical pain. You know how he dealt with it? Not being a whiney over medicated bitch. I'm sure you'll be alright.
>>
>>690853033
If I was American I'd have your same attitude too, because there if you have bad luck or make mistakes you can recover because you have opportunities there.

Some of us have no such luxury.
>>
>>690834934
yea op
livde for a while overseas and i fucking miss it now that im back in country
also in my 30s. every day is just the same and nothing pleases me at all.
i dont do drugs or drink, generally pretty fit and workout nearly daily. but i wake up thinking fuck this what am i doing today, why am i in this situation

i guess it all comes down to doing shit in your life to take away that empty feeling, but honestly the best times in my life have been when shit went south while i was living overseas (eg living on barely any money, getting wasted and doing random shit, banging 3 different bitches while in a relationship for a while)

back in the mundane boring shit life and i feel fucking dead inside
>>
23, balding and am very much still under the manacles of my parents
>>
File: tumblr_npg47uE6iD1rhrm9ro1_1280.jpg (309 KB, 800x882) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npg47uE6iD1rhrm9ro1_1280.jpg
309 KB, 800x882
>>690850806
it challenging to "just worry about yourself"- but, for real dude, you need to. you've been putting up with humanity's shit for years. you deserve to just enjoy yourself, your vices, and your tastes for at least one. or a few.
>>
>>690853285

I work with the Nepalese and several different Africans and Hispanic impoverished people who disagree. You're afforded the same opportunity they are.
>>
>>690853650
This is a bit of a phallacy. I was raised within a specific environment, you cannot expect me to judge things based on the environment of Nepal or Peru.
>>
im definitely in the lowest point of my life. and Ive been homeless before though Im not now. I will lay on the train tracks soon if something drastic doesnt happen to me. life is just too pointless and unsatisfying.
>>
File: 20160620_184917.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160620_184917.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
I'm 31 just started dating a 18 yr old. Life's pretty fucking sweet right now
>>
>>690854171
Why?
>>
>giving a shit about the illusion of happiness
>>
>>690854351
coz Im a fuckin loser. and I am afraid of human contact. in october I will most likely let a train cut my head off because its the quickest and most painless way to die. and the most definite because gunshots to the head dont always kill you, they can leave u a vegetable in a hospital bed
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.