[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw 25yo >tfw no idea what to do in life >tfw no idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
File: 1461274916746.jpg (102 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
1461274916746.jpg
102 KB, 500x743
>tfw 25yo
>tfw no idea what to do in life
>tfw no idea what I like really
>tfw I have no real skills
>tfw low paying job that I hate
>tfw no idea how to break that circle
>tfw derpessed because no money
>tfw no money
>tfw never gonna be rich

Anyone in similar position? How do we break this situation? How do we find what do we really want and how to achieve that?

>pic very fucking related
>>
>>
>>690790014
>see life
>look or shit to do in in
>try shit out
>find something you like
>gain knowledge about said thing
>use knowledge to develop skills relating to said thing
>profit
>>
It's simple get an apprenticeship with one of the armed forces, navy, airforce/raf, marines, you get paid to learn a skill and it makes you look cool
>>
>>690790014
>33yo
>still don't know what to do with my life

it doesn't get any better anon. i just go to work at my shitty office job, come home and get drunk and stoned and play vidya, pay my bills every month. shit's enjoyable i guess. would be better if i was doing a more satisying job though or something i was passionate about.
>>
>>690792064
I wonder how is it possible that I see plenty of rich kids between 18-25 driving new BMWs, porshes, audis, mercedes etc. All different, so many of them. I feel fucking sad and I want to end my life.

Plus with my state job at municipal police as a guard after a raise and promotion as one of the best guards altely I can;t even live on my own and rent a room. Gee gee life.
>>
>>690790014

organize and do the revolution man! is the only way!
>>
>>690792437
I suppose those guys were lucky and either

a) had rich parents
b) were in the right place at the right time
c)always knew what they wanted to do so could apply themselves 100% towards their goal
>>
>>690792437
Where do you live?
>>
>>690793116
Eastern Europe, Poland, Silesian disctrict.

>>690792879
It seems like a lot of lucky people around me. And a lot of retards who just want welfare. Yeah... So there are lucky people only who are rich?
>>
>>690790843
nice post
ty anon
>>
>>690792064
Buy a CB radio and/or a cheap guitar and amp if you are StateSide.
>>
>>690793572
whut? how does this help me find my calling?

I already own a guitar and amp.
>>
Smoke lots of weed
>>
>>690792064
>shitty office job
>drunk and stoned and play vidya

I love being on the radio, do you write or take pictures?
What do you mean by
>my calling?
>>
>>690794460
Well I thought the idea of the thread was to help OP, and maybe myself now I'm hi-jacking, find what we really like and can get skills in that we can then use to get a job we enjoy.

I already have hobbies and enjoy my life. It's just that my job is, well, just meh. It's just a job that I turn up and do to allow me to pay for all those other things.

I want to do something inspiring. I want to work somewhere that gives me job satisfaction. But I've never, ever known exactly what it is I want to do or what it is that would give me that satisfaction.
>>
>>690795059
It seems for me (OP) that you are somehow similar with what you want to me. I would also like some challenges, hard work, I like to work actually! I would like to achieve something great, to be a part of something big. But hey... I am just no one now. I stop working on 100% from tommorow. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>690795059
So your first job is to find out what "IT' is.
Grab your free time by the balls and try hunting something down that you want to do.
>>
File: 8.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>690790014
Visit your local hacker space. Free. Let them teach you various skills. Free. Meet new people from different walks of life. Free. Learn to see the bigger picture. Free.

Grow as an individual. Free.

The skills alone will get you a better job. More importantly, you'll grow as a person, in doing so become happier. Likely want to give back and make the world a slightly less shitty place to live.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>690795760
Yeah that's the attitude I need to get. The thing is where I work, a lot of my issues and struggles and workload are caused by either incompetent people, people who don't care, lazy people or shit systems or ways of working. Over the 6 years I have been there I have had more and more work piled on me, and I spend all my time working at 150% busting my ass off trying to solve issues which I have no power whatsoever to solve. I just care too much and it isn't in my nature to do a bad job. I'm having a really hard time letting go at the moment and suffering from a lot of stress and absolutely no job satisfaction because of it.

>>690796249
Exactly. I've been trying to find that out since school though really. After doing my A-levels and working for a couple of years, I decided to do a degree in music technology, as music is my passion. However, trying to find a job in that industry was impossible, and everywhere wanted previous experience. But without the job, I didn't have the experience. By that point I was 24 already and bills needed to be paid, I tripped through a few random admin jobs and ended up falling into the job I am in now. Which does play to my strenths of problem solving and technology, but doesn't drive me or fill me with passion. Apart from my passion for doing my best, but I would apply myself in that way whatever job I do, as I take a lot of pride in what I do.

From an early age my parents drummed it into me to go to university and use my mind rather than doing physical work. I came out of uni at 24 with loads of debt, no experience and a qualification I couldn't really use. Meanwhile guys I went to school with had gone through an apprenticeship, maybe started their own company, or at least had skills so they could do foreigners at evening and weekends and were raking it in and had already been moved out and paying a mortgage for several years.
>>
>>690795059
>>690795760
>>690797183

The only other thing I can think is maybe going into programming, I'm pretty good with computers, used to program in basic as a kid and have an A level in computing, in which we used Pascal. But coding day in day out also just seems so dull.

If i had my time again I would probably come straight out of school and get an apprenticeship and get myself a trade. That way I would have the option of working for somebody, starting my own company, doing extra work on the side and also doing all my own work at home.

I'm still half tempted to save up for an intense crash course, quit my job and re-train as an electrician or something.
>>
>>690797183
I feel like I understand you completely. I work as municipal police guard for over a year now. It's not a big time. However in that year I was promoted and got a raise while no one got it with people that were joining with me. Lately I had biggest reward because I actually work hard and I like to work. Everything I do I try to do best it is possible. I am very attached to fucking details. But it end now, because with my salary I can;t even rent my own flat or room and live by my own. For a year I saved 1k euro living with parentsd. Can you fucking imagine?

Pic reklated, my hat when I was on last patrol
>>
>>690797587
See

>>690796693
>>
I just got to California. Got a job with family.
I'm not a "dude" so people think im boring. I feel sad and like a burden. I don't know if I should stay in Cali, is the rest of the US same in the aspect of behaviour? I don't feel like I belong and I'm desperate to be a guy people enjoy being around
>>
>>690797587
>half tempted to save up for an intense crash course, quit my job and re-train as an electrician

People do this all the time Not a LOT of people but I've watched friends do just that
>>
>>690797721
>>690796693

what's a hacker space?

>>690797713
Yeah man, life sucks sometimes. It's times like this though I like to remember that as shitty as it seems, there are still people out there who don't have a roof over their head at all, or don't have food in their bellies, or die of some terrible disease because they don't have clean water etc. In the grand scheme of things, we don't have it so bad and should be grateful for what we do have, rather then depressed by focusing on what we don't have.
>>
>>690798167
You'd have been quicker asking google

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackerspace

Please make some effort, for your own sake
>>
>>690798131
Yeah, one of the electricians at our place did it. He used to work for a pharmaceutical company who work on medicines and cancer cures and shit, but he said it was pretty uninspiring as he was basically just a data input guy, typing figures into spreadsheets all day. So he retrained in his late 30s and now says he is pretty happy with his life and glad he did it.
>>
>>690798167
Maybe I would agree if I never saw rich people and wealth. But now, all I want is wealth, money. Fuck poor people. Yes, I am poor, fuck me. I am not mad when someone calls me a poor fucking cunt. I am poor. But I didn;t choose that. I do nto want that. Ohh fuck. I am drunk I guess. Time to sleep soon. Or time to cry.
>>
>>690790014
Yes
20, live with parents still, shit paying job but it's easy as fuck, 0 social skills, my only friend is a cousin, play computer games and watch YouTube videos from 3-11 pm after work every day
Applied to a community college to try and do something to improve my shitty boring life
>>
I joined the Navy. Just got out of boot camp 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>690798616

Don't cry. Stop getting pissed and do something to better your situation and learn to be happy.not having a go at you mate, but you're only making things worse for yourself.

Money makes things easier in life, but it doesn't make everyone instantly happy.
>>
>>690798453
Right on. Not everybody wears a shirt and tie.
Hands on trade work is VERY cool and eventually put me where I am.
>>
>>690798916
Money is my happiness. Without money I can;t be happy. So to be happy I have to collect money, have money.

Anyh other protips?
>>
>>690798980
What trade you in mate?
>>
>>690798761
mos?
>>
>>690799314

It's a symptom of your situation mate, nothing more. When you've not got a lot you feel that when you do, you're happier. Obviously to some extent thats true. Breadline poverty is terrible.

Had nothing myself for a while. Was depressed. Drinking was beyond social, even for the UK. Had to get a better job, be around people who were better for me to get beyond this.

Not having a go at you mate, but please. Consider giving up the booze and anything else like that for 3 months. One day at a time.
>>
>>690798699
>play computer games and watch YouTube videos from 3-11 pm after work every day

And right there's your problem.
>>
>>690799358
Bench technician for consumer electronics. TV's cd, dvd, vcr's (they're gone now)
>>
>>690799829
Quartermaster. Pretty happy with it, although going a technical rate would've been nice for automatic E4 when you finish A School.
>>
>>690800268
Nice. Into the hardware hacker scene? Make your own stuff?
>>
When I think of myself I know I can improve but I'm never certain if my current situation is really that -bad-, or if it's healthy and normal at this point in my life still.

>18, graduated high school & took a year off to figure stuff out
>turn 19
>started working with children and its fucking magical and great
>turning 20 in October, still haven't gone back to school
>plan on starting at community soon, before 20 hopefully
>want to be an art teacher for elementary students

Am I falling behind? Is it technically still okay/normal/healthy to be where I am? I was totally against the idea of jumping into college immediately, so I am glad I took some time off, but I'm not sure if I'm starting to let myself slip. I do want to go back but neither of my parents went to college so I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.
>>
>>690800515
Things are pretty interesting here but I don't want to talk about it on 4chan
>>
Just throwing this out there. Its free. What's you're excuse?

hackerspaces.org
>>
>>690790014
You seem like you have nothing to lose. So go do something incredible. Make yourself famous. Be remembered. Try a jewel heist? I mean, if it works, pay day, if it doesn't prison time, which will be exciting. Then you come out as someone who tried a jewel heist and write a book. Get paid. Win win. Or death by cop, but nothing to lose remember.
>>
>>690800869
*your

Bums
>>
>>690800854

Good times. Take it easy
>>
>>690800918
Sounds like a case of the stupids
>>
>>690801158
Seriously.
>>
>>690801388
My dubs are checked.
>>
File: 1465661587920.png (115 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1465661587920.png
115 KB, 1400x1400
>>690801388
Well now I'm convinced
>>
>>690801388
Witnessed!

What a glorious day!
>>
>>690801158
If OP, you the dumb nig who did nothing with your life. I'm throwing you options. Try starting a wicked cool cult and bed loads of chicks? I mean, you've got nothing to lose right?
>>
>>690800854
pussy faggot

boring pussy faggot at that
>>
>>690801050
Thanks man. Everybody can have a good time if you work at it a little bit.
>>
>>690801777
Oh my.
>>
>>690801867
My point exactly. And people well help you get there. Honestly guys.
>>
>>690801831
Not OP, thanks for playing tho
>>
As if everyone is being chummy. Where is the jewel heist support. Oh dear.
>>
>>690792437
Mommy and daddy money
>>
>>690790014
> 33 yo
>same situation, at least until last year
well maybe this is going a bit heavy, but to start make yourself a simple question.
what is my own meaning of be alive?
- get rich?
- have a wife and childs?
- get a car?
- get a new phone?
may be you say all this things are shit, may be not, i mean ... look for you own meaning of life. search for you happiness. maybe this at this point is a bit dificult, cause you are full of sad and boredom, but you can start with something simple
what thing you like to do?.
maybe somethig weird, may be not, im not here to judge you, and start to do it (pls dont rape and kill ppl) waste your time and money in that ... (that is for your heart).
then when you feel beter, start a course of anything what you want to do, may be you want learn dance ballete and your dad say what this is for girls and you never realise yourself (this is just an example), look what you want and do it. (that is for your mind).
next. you need learn something usefull for others, jewelery, blacksmithing, mechanic, floral arrangement, anything, something what you like to do and learn. (that is for your body).

and finaly find a partner, a real road partner, the last one friend, you real couple, maybe in the time what you take to do all another things you find a lot of people, maybe amazing people and anothers not amazing, well the world is full of weird things. this last task is the most hard to do, cause maybe take all you life find the one, but that not reason to be alone. (that is for you sex)

just be happy, don't hurt anothers, don't lie, stop to be afraid (father, mother, society, friends.) look for yourself, think for yourself. well whatever.

> maybe OP don't read this, maybe he is kill himself already, but whatever, i write this for me for healing myself i hope this help someone
>>
File: TWEAK.ULTRA..gif (3 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
TWEAK.ULTRA..gif
3 MB, 640x352
>>690801837
Shut up summer child.
>>
>>690802188
Checked

And also, hope OP saw your post.
>>
>>690802277
fuck you m80, i remember m00t and IDs
>>
>>690801777
Your glorious trips are stunning me.
>>
>>690797713
>straż miejska
Kek
>>
>>690802732
You NEVER know who you're talking to, bunky.
>>
>>690802919
Thanks

I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla.
>>
>>690802188
>what is my own meaning of be alive?

I don't know. :( This is where I fall down, right at the first hurdle. I don't care about marriage or kids. I don't want either. I find I ma the best version of myself when I am single and not in a relationship.

I don't care about money. Although it can afford you choices, and choices in life bring you happiness, I have enough money to own a house, pay my bills, buy food and have a drink and smoke at weekend. And that is enough money for me.

I don't give a shit about fancy cars. In fact if I didn't need a car to get to work I probably wouldn't have one at all.

I don't care about the latest phone. I had my last phone for 5 years and only upgraded it because it broke. Even then I bought a second hand phone that was already 2 generations behind.

I'm just apathetic about absolutely everything. And I feel like life made me this way. Every step along the way, people, humanity, life has just pissed me off and let me down and led to me being more and more of a hermit.

Not OP btw, I'm the other fucker who is hijacking the thread.
>>
>>690803144
M00tykins???
>>
File: 1466010921003.gif (2 MB, 202x216) Image search: [Google]
1466010921003.gif
2 MB, 202x216
>>690803195
Thanks!
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (14 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
14 KB, 170x170
>>690790014
Hey, I'm Chad.

Andwow, OP. Just wow. I would bombard you with comments on how much if a faggot you are... But instead, I'll give you some protips.

Goto the gym, make gains, talk to girls more and stop being a faggot.

-Chad
>>
File: mad-max-gyro-captain.png (489 KB, 628x418) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-gyro-captain.png
489 KB, 628x418
>>690803533

Your face when you make the connection
>>
>>690803144
My dubs of horse radish.
>>
>>690803467
Nah, he failed to make this site pay for itself, sold out to the sjws then fucked off and now works at google
>>
File: IM.SO.EXICTED...gif (109 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
IM.SO.EXICTED...gif
109 KB, 300x375
>>
>>690804488
Checked.
You don't know anything moot,
>>
>>690804779
I'm m00t
>>
>>690804779

If only that were the case
>>
>>690790014
>How do we break this situation? How do we find what do we really want and how to achieve that?

Get off the sofa and go look for "IT'.
>>
>>690790843
thanks anon
>>
Hopefully OP and the other displaced posters have decided there's something better they could be doing than hang around ;)
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.