[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /b/ How the fuck do I get in shape if I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: sddsd.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sddsd.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
I need help /b/

How the fuck do I get in shape if I can't do 1 pushup... I've spent the last decade of my life being a loser and gaming 18 hours a day. I've never worked out before. I've recently started to eat a lot healthier but I'm extremely unfit and out of shape. I seriously can't work out.
>>
im in the same situation and would like some tips aswel
bump
>>
alright dude here's what ya do;
get motivation to do it, think about what's gonna lie ahead once you start getting in shape.
then for the physical exercise and diet itself, just walk a lot or bike a lot(if you have one) and try to eat as little as possible but drink plenty of water. this is coming from someone who biked around miles a day, weighing about 330lbs, not eating jack shit but staying hydrated, results are never instant but they will come, ive lost weight from it and my metabolism is slower than death on crutches. i hope i helped bro
>>
>>690740956
Start with small stuff, don't be embarrassed, everyone has to start somewhere. I recommend getting 10 lb dumbbells and doing curls ect. Walk on treadmill, or run. Whatever you can manage. Set small goals and slowly work from there. You're not hopeless anon, if you're serious about lifting then I'd recommend getting some protein mix or something along that line.
>>
>>690740956
Install myfitnesspal on your phone. Track EVERY SINGLE CALORIE. Eat less than you burn and the weight will melt off. That's how i lost 95 pounds in 10 months with zero exercise. Eventually i started feeling really good and energized all the time and i had literally a spring to my step; i actually felt like skipping or jumping and running, felt extremely good so that's what i did. I started jogging and jump roping, and eventually started doing "bitch" pushups (you use a chair to do basically a half pushup til you get strong enough to do a real one). Now i can do 30 pushups easily, and 25 pull-ups. That's all there is to it. You don't want to hear it, and you won't believe me, but you're not some special snowflake. Calories In, Calories Out, its simple physics. Lose this "have to exercise to get fit" mentality ir you WILL fail. Master food control first and the rest will follow
>>
>>690740956
Anon above me is right. Begin small work outs. Jumping jacks. Jump rope. Walking/jogging. Anything cardio oriented to get your body used the some strain. You'll slowly notice you can do 5 instead of 4 before your exhausted. And just stay at it. That's the hardest part. The tenacity needed.
>>
>>690740956
Start with light weights, even just cans of food, and do as many reps as you can. Jog/walk/waddle/roll to lower your body weight to make it easier.
Do pushups against the kitchen counter so that you have more leverage and have to push less weight, then work your way down towards level.
ANY movement is better than none. Do as much movement of any kind as vigorously as you can for as long as you can every day.
>>
When I started working out I also hardly could do one pushup, my body were just bones and skin, just start going to gym! Ask a friend to join you, so you stay motivated. At the beginning you will only use light weights, but dont worry nobody will judge you. Look up some gym plans and try to do them. Motivation is everything
>>
I'm with you /b/ro's.
I'm trying to shape up myself.
A lot of the advice I've been told is to start eating healthier, and to start off with basic workout routines at home.
Even if you gotta do little bitch push ups on your knees, you're still burning calories which is what's important. Sit ups are always a good idea if you're sitting around doing nothing, just take 10-20 minutes to get a quick workout in. Invest in adjustable barbells or a gym membership. If you work, wear Nike weights and/or a chest weight to improve stamina. That's all the advice I've been given, good luck getting /fit/, /b/ro.
>>
>>690740956
You have to start small. No one can go from 18 hour gamer to one-finger push ups overnight. If you can afford to, get a gym membership and use small dumbbells to start with, and after some time, gradually increase their weight. Once you've increased from, say 15lbs to about 30lbs and so on (again this will take some time to build upper body strength), then you can start getting into heavier upper body gym equipment. People that work at the gym could probably help you decide which machine would be best for what you're wanting. If you can't afford a gym membership, you can always lift heavy things at home. Just google "no equipment home workouts" or something like that. I'm not a bodybuilder or avid gymnast but I hope this helped a little bit. Remember to go gradually so you don't hurt yourself.
>>
>>690740956
Start walking. Walk at least 40 minutes per day. Go walking to everywhere you can. And walk like smashing ants, not like looking at showcases
>>
>>690741563
Oh yea and get at least 8 hours sleep a night and some rest days between the workouts and eat healthy, muscles only grow when you rest enough and eat well, but without workout nothing happens
>>
File: CAM00655.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
CAM00655.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>690740956
Just move your ass lazy nigger! Here is my body. Whoreship it.
>>
>>690741462
This. Put down the fucking spoon.
Then get exercise into your routine. The most important bit is picking something you'll actually do, whether it's walking or cycling or whatever.
But mostly it's calories out against calories in, and it's fucking hard to burn a lot of calories, but very easy to not put them into your face.
>>
anyone know any good diet plans? websites or something?
>>
>>690741930
www.aushwitz.de
>>
Like everyone said and will continue to say: track every calorie and do any physical activity that you can. Find one of the TDEE calculators online. Enter your information and eat at a deficit of 500-1000+ calories. Start to convert your diet into something healthy NOW. You don't have to eat tofu and other garbage, but if you don't eat vegetables and healthy carbs, learn to love them starting now. You will get used to them. Cut out bread if you can. Eat a lot of meat and vegetables. Don't go overboard on fruit because it's filled with sugars. Eat a little bit of nuts every day. Eat lots of eggs. Find healthier dessert recipes like keto brownies or something with cream cheese. There are endless foods out there that don't taste like shit that are good for you or at least not so bad.

Then target for muscle growth. If you want to burn fat, more muscle mass will help with that. Run. Park your car far away from the front door of the place you just drove to. Walk. Buy 2 barbells and start lifting them. Go to bodybuilding.com or the /fit/ forum here or r/fitness or use Google to find all the different exercises that target muscle growth. Start to do those things. Join a gym if you can and FORCE yourself to go. I joined a gym 1 year ago as a fat fuck and have only had maybe a handful of weeks since where I didn't go there at all (mostly around holidays--the hardest time to keep your shit together). Even if you go for 20 minutes and do a tiny bit of stuff, that's better than nothing.

Then dial in your exercises. Learn 5x5, 531, PHUL, PPL, and other routines. Mix it up, figure out what works best for your body. TRACK PROGRESS.

The most important thing, however, is just to find SOMETHING that you stick to.
>>
>>690741974
top kek
>>
>>690741869
Haha, where's your chest faggot? Do you even press bro
>>
>>690741869
Jesus dude do you live in Antarctica or something? You so pasty white you almost clear. Is it camoflauge against leopard deals or something? Go out in the sun FFS.
>>
>>690741869
i've seen so much better bodies than dat. step up your game.
>>
>>690740956
Raw Power lift like a real man fool.
>>
>>690741869
Looks like you're skipping bench and military presses, breh
>>
I'm so fucking proud of this place.

Confidence in your goal, and yourself. Start where you can, not one pushup? Fine, go up and hold it as best you can for as long as you can, keep eating as healthy as you can stand. Walk everyday, around your block, a mile, up your fucking stairs it doesn't matter. start where you can and take baby steps until you get where you want to be. The biggest most important thing I ever faced when I was in your shoes is that confidence in myself and ability to do so and finding encouragement in even the smallest improvements was more effective than any "workout" at least until I got to a level where I could start trying some basic ones. You've got this dude
>>
>>690740956
been there. Start with getting some 10-20lb dumb bells and go on walks every day (try to get 2 hour walks if you can) just start building strength. Do pushups on the wall or leaning on the stairs.. or even use your knees when doing push ups.
>>
>>690742040
Abs are for gay pussies. Go back to mama
>>
>>690740956
Start by quitting drinking and smoking weed. Be a vegan and let the karma fix it self lol
>>
>>690741462
so with zero exercise that means you literally ate nothing right?
>>
>>690742087
I am pure Aryan, medditerranean nigger!
>>
>>690741869
-1/10
>>
>>690740956
OP, what's your weight and height?
>>
>>690742279
Abs are a natural occurrence from engaging your core during lifts, for the most part. Your core looks weak, learn how to form, breh.
>>
>>690741901
Exactly. Would you rather have to run something like 5 miles? Or just not eat that snickers bar that pretty much tastes like shit anyway? Plus most people don't realize how little exercise burns. They'll work themselves to exhaustion then reward themselves with a 1500 calorie meal, when in reality they mightve burned 300 total at best
>>
>>690740956
go swimming, a lot.
>>
>>690740956
Just do it faggot

I used to be able to only ever do 5 pushups max in my lifetime.
For two entire months I did those 5 push-ups every few hours of every day; and today I can do 30 push-ups on demand without fail, hoping to eventually reach 50 or 100.

Do the same for situps and squats and you will be dropping the weight.
>>
>>690740956
/fit/ will help you.

start with girl pushups, you faggot pussy bitch.
>>
File: cone.gif (462 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
cone.gif
462 KB, 350x270
im going through the same issue, the most important thing is to make small changes over a long time and keep at it.

replace fast food with healthier alternatives. i use frozen veggies, rice and frozen meat. i advise against cutting out the junk food and whatnot cold turkey, wean yourself off them

regulate your portions. when you go to buy those healthier foods go for the ones that are pre portioned.

do low impact exercise often. if you cant do regular pushups try doing them with your hands on a raised object, like a sturdy counter top. or a couch.

get some multivitamins. surprisingly they help a lot

keep yourself motivated. the only thing stopping you is you

i hope this helps

pic unrelated
>>
File: 1466247488629.gif (2 MB, 297x229) Image search: [Google]
1466247488629.gif
2 MB, 297x229
>>690742140
>>690742157
I smell butthurt fatties
>>
>>690742402
show your pussy!
>>
>>690742555
Real men accept their deficiencies and try to fix them instead of inaccurately strawmanning their detractors. I'd say you sound butthurt yourself, but you probably don't have glutes either.
>>
>>690742541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msNGvUhLsg
>>
>>690740956
i was a fat fuck

i will help you, first things first, stop eating as much, i know how hard that is, breaking habit, especially when its food related, but it seems like you want it. start taking daily walks, everything counts, make it 1hr/day, if you really wanna eat something, then make it 2 hrs long. buy a scale, you need to quantify your progress. stop eating sugar/white bread

you have to want it, you need the will power. this takes time, and its not easy. you dont have to join a gym or anything, just walks and then work out at home
>>
>>690742698
Master, I need more lessons to be closer to your faggoty!
>>
>>690740956
>I've spent the last decade of my life being a loser and gaming 18 hours a day
you are god, man
>>
File: 1464299640556.jpg (630 KB, 1288x2588) Image search: [Google]
1464299640556.jpg
630 KB, 1288x2588
>>690740956
>>
File: 1435856071449.png (190 KB, 559x425) Image search: [Google]
1435856071449.png
190 KB, 559x425
>>690742985
i bought a bicicle thats help me a lot
>>
>>690741869
looks like you only work out bis, I would say traps (and neck) too but the angle and the fact that your flexing rules that out

either way, congrats i guess

do some push ups at least
>>
What about when you're a skinny piece of shit? How do you gain weight and muscle mass? I've never had a problem getting laid because I look good but I have the body of a 16 year old and I'm almost 25
>>
File: eiwF59j.jpg (55 KB, 480x553) Image search: [Google]
eiwF59j.jpg
55 KB, 480x553
>>690742873
this
>>
>>690743208
all you have to do is lift and eat then

deadlifts, squats, press
>>
start off with easy cardio then move up to bodyweight , but in the mean try out a 10lb kettlebell and dvd that will instruct you on how to do it, then go nuts!
>>
>>690740956
push up on your knees bro
>>
Just watch YouTube videos of Elliot hulse.

Very good teacher and experienced in bodybuilding
>>
>>690740956
start with jogging. go easy at first. do 20 seconds jogging followed by 20 seconds walking to get breath. eventually cut out more walking until you're jogging 100% again.

then jog your ass off. literally. you want that ass to fall off.
>>
>>690741869
Where are your shoulders?
>>
>start running first. every day at least 10 minutes, don't skip one day
> When you feel you can do one push up, do it. every day
> increase the amount when you feel you can do it
>>
Just got to /fit/. They will help you much better than /b/.
>>
>>690743273
I walk like that when I'm exited, is that weird
>>
>>690742873
if you are eating like a vacuum cleaner, stop. but you don't have to eat entirely.

have your meals, just smaller portions.

>>690743504
do this. don't get caught up in complicated apps or exercise routines. you need cardiovascular workout. start small with what you can do and expand.
>>
>>690743139
perfect!. More exercise therefore. Easy.
>>
>>690743684
*stop entirely
>>
>>690742279
>doesn't know the difference between abs and chest
wtf faggot?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.