[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lol, it's still unclear to me why being atheist is even a thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: is god real.png (29 KB, 652x646) Image search: [Google]
is god real.png
29 KB, 652x646
Lol, it's still unclear to me why being atheist is even a thing
>>
File: test.jpg (637 KB, 1143x1133) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
637 KB, 1143x1133
>>
Because those with brains can see past pascals wager.
>>
>>690723700
lel nice point xDD haha im gonna show this to my freinds
>>
>>690723700
i saw super liberal cucks using this exact argument and graph to argue for global warming
guess christians and liberals have something in common, faulty reasoning
>>
>>690724602
>being atheist but still denying science

nice bait
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 640x634
>>690723844
Done anon
>>
>>690724886
Wait fuck. I missed ONE
>>
because i refuse to believe a bunch of random nonsensical bullshit stories from the bible, and with religion, for a lot of people, it's not as easy as just believing, and then going to heaven, you have to sacrifice things or habits and repent or get baptized or some other stupid shit
>>
>>690724931
Super kekd
>>
>>690723700
Pray to your god for the answer. That should help you.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (224 KB, 813x634) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
224 KB, 813x634
>>690724931
dum fuck this is how its done
>>
>>690723700

For those new to life:
SPOILER ALERT

>>There's should be a near-infinite number of rows and columns.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (231 KB, 813x634) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
231 KB, 813x634
>>690725136
nope sorry this is how
>>
>>690725136
>>690725245
You both missed a door lol
>>
>>690723700
I agree, you should absolutely "believe" in something there's no evidence to support simply because you're afraid of the consequences from something that, by all appearances, doesn't exist.
Perfect logic, and takes no balls to boot, so you're good. Believe away.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x232) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x232
>>690725136
>>690725245
Kek'd so hard when these guys try to solve and call me a dumbass (be me: red line)
>>
christian god being real is infinitely unlikely, so it's pretty hard to believe in it, also why believe that and not other very unlikely improbable things? And why would God let you burn in hell forever? As a punishment for rational thought? makes no sense. (Unless there's an institution (the church) that benefits from people believing that).
>>
ITT idiots try and solve a puzzle
>>
>>690725370
ill get it this time
>>
>>690725457
What harm does believing pose?
>>
>>690723844
Mathematically impossible
>>
>>690725755
>believing
what harm does willfully believing a lie pose, you mean?
>>
im a atheist. :D
>>
>>690725755
Right. Never in history has religion ever led anybody to commit a terrible act.
>>
>>690725457
/thread
>>
>>690725755
It's stupid because there's 5,000 other religions that might be the right answer. How about you live life doing what you want and not what a stupid fairy tail tells you?
>Inb4 edgelord
>>
Do you guys even graph theory?

The rooms are vertices, the doors are edges.
Three of the rooms have five doors, two have four.

When you have a room with an odd number of doors, you either have to start in it or end in it.
Say you enter a room with five doors. Since you can't reuse doors, you enter, leave, enter, leave, and then upon entering it again, you've used the last door and cannot progress any further.
If you start in a room with five doors, you leave, enter, leave, enter, and leave again. So you either start in a room with five doors, or if you enter a room with five doors in it for the first time, you must end your path there. Since there are three rooms with five doors, you can start in one and end in one, but then you have one left over you cannot satisfy the conditions for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Bridges_of_K%C3%B6nigsberg
>>
Religion is the worst thing to happen to humanity since the beginning of time
>>
>>690724602
Overwhelming amounts of evidence point toward our acceleration of the planet's normal cycle.

Your argument has nothing to do with "liberals", it has to do with people who don't refuse to look at the evidence.

Don't be one of those idiots who denies everything that people of opposing political leanings believe in just because you don't like their ideas overall. Look at individual things.
>>
>>690726095
liberal cuck spotted
>>
>>690723700
Wouldn't it be bullshit to believe and put your faith/trust in god if the reason you're doing it is because you're afraid of hell? Pretty sure God would see thru your shit on that one.
>>
I am the ultra-being Hoolidon and if you cluck for me every morning then on the Day of Enlightenment I will lift your consciousness from this world and awaken you to the Greater World Above. I'm not asking for stringent living or sacrifice, just cluck for me every morning. Lol, it's still unclear to me why being an anti-cluckist is even a thing.
>>
>>690723700
Sigh. I'll take the bait.

This is called Pascal's Wager and it is is a fallacy because it makes the assumption that Christianity is the only religion in existence. Which we all know isn't true. There are thousands of religions and they all have the same chance of being true. How do you know that Zeus isn't real and you won't be punished for not believing in him? You're only choosing one religion out of thousands and it's a complete crapshoot that you have chosen the correct one.

As far as we know, based on physical evidence and philosophical reasoning, no one religion has the complete truth. The only intellectually safe bet is agnosticism/atheism.
>>
>>690725755
Nothing, if you're a pussy. Whipped by a God that refuses to give you any solid evidence it exists.
So, so afraid of being punished by it, should it turn out that it does.
If it was any kind of benevolent being, at all, there'd be no punishment whatsoever for refusing to believe in it when it gives you no proof.
Therefore you're just worshipping a fucking dick; and are a cowardly fucking pussy.
>>
liberals more like fiberals
>>
File: genious.jpg (648 KB, 1143x1133) Image search: [Google]
genious.jpg
648 KB, 1143x1133
>>690723844
EZPZ
>>
>>690725876
There is no proof that god exists or does not exist. Calling it a lie is pretty far fetched.

>>690725925
Believing in an entity doesn't mean you're a sand nigger or some Klansman. Just means you believe in an entity of greater power.

>>690725999
Who's to say all religions aren't right? Things exist because we perceive them to be real. Religion and God are a pretty great example. No proof it exists yet it brings joy (and Jihad). Can't touch it, can't see it, can't hear it, but yet it has a huge impact on life, simply because people feel it does. Even if the thousands of possible gods do absolutely nothing, just their name is more than enough to move people, and in turn, mountains.
>>
>>690726431
absolutely based
>>
File: Untitled66.png (2 MB, 1263x1016) Image search: [Google]
Untitled66.png
2 MB, 1263x1016
>>690723844
>>
>>690726563
"i saw a unicorn in the woods"
"no you didnt, thats a lie"
"There is no proof that the unicorn exists or does not exist. Calling it a lie is pretty far fetched."

the autism itt lads i tell u wut
>>
>>690726639
shit i was so close too
>>
>>690726650
"In the future, we will realize that the world is made of tiny atoms."
"No, that's a lie."
"There's no proof I'm right or wrong"
>>
>>690726563
I'm saying that OP's post only works if there are 0 negative consequences to believing in the religion. There are some, so this is bad logic.
>>
File: nailedit.jpg (639 KB, 1143x1133) Image search: [Google]
nailedit.jpg
639 KB, 1143x1133
>>690723844
>>
>>690723700
Have u considered the fact that i'm atheist because christians failed to convert me into one of them?
>>
>>690726798
so one is the result of an overactive imagination (unicorn) and the other is the result of a discerning eye observing the world (atoms) but both claims are to be valued and treated equally?
>>
God could solve all of this, very easily.
Yet either can't, or won't.

Both answers make it unworthy of worship.
>>
>>690726798
If someone said 1000 years ago that everything was atoms, they may have been right, but it would not have been rational to belies it.
>>
>>690723700
One religion. typical.
>>
>>690726972
I had a very clear eye that witnessed a horse creature in the woods with a horn, the problem is my over active imagination caused me to think about tiny clusters of balls making up all mater.
>>
>>690726798

If the claim were made in the past that the world is made of tiny atoms should rightfully be regarded with skepticism without supporting evidence. The fact that it appears to be correct now is irrelevant because without supporting evidence or a compelling reason for it to be correct we can't rule out coincidence or luck.
>>
>>690726563
>Who's to say all religions aren't right?
because they contradict each other, faggot
>>690726563
>Things exist because we perceive them to be real
i perceive i have a 23" dick
>>690726563
>No proof it exists yet it brings joy
so does Santa, fucktard

tldr; HRRFDRRRPFFBB
>>
>>690727276
What a terrible response to a good post.
>>
>>690727310
Man, you /b/tards have REALLY good arguing skills. Like, I'm pretty fucking impressed. Also nice cock, man
>>
>>690727295

An example of this would be a stockbroker who sends you a letter and makes the claim that he could predict the market infallibly. He names 5 stocks and tells you that by next week they will be significantly up, significantly down, or about the same. A week later his predictions are correct. Does that mean he is a financial wizard?

While possible a far more likely explanation is that he sent out 243 emails to different targets(3^5) with different permutations of answers, one of them would be correct by coincidence.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.