[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android or Apple? Note 4 masterrace reporting in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
Android or Apple?

Note 4 masterrace reporting in
>>
OnePlus 3 Master Race reporting in.
>>
Android, because at this point even the cheapest android phone can do 99% of people want to do with it.

>Bonus fact, the tablet market died because ultra cheap tablets did almost everything people wanted.
>>
>>690653111
don't bother with either, analog or blackberry
>>
File: 1439681410187.png (162 KB, 343x339) Image search: [Google]
1439681410187.png
162 KB, 343x339
>>690653532
Goto bed grampa.
>>
>>690653111
Windows, but if I had to pick one of those inferior devices, iPhone.
>>
>>690653532
remember when people actually believed Blackberry was the next big thing
>>
>>690653985
Windows phones are fucking garbage, m8
>>
>>690654100
Yeah, they were betting on x86 based phones so they could run a true version of windows.

But instead they patched windows 8 to have a built in ARM emulator and that is what windows 10 is.

Windows 9 was the OS that phones and computers would have ran if x86 based pones hit the market.
>>
>>690654004
Blackberry USED to be really good. Just like Nokia symbian was really good.

The problem is that people are fucking retarded and you can't get them to buy what is good. They buy what is cheap and what a carrier is willing to support combined with what their IT department makes them use.

Hence, no nokia in the US, so they died, and Blackberry lost government contracts to iPhone so they died.

IT loathes Android devices because they're utter shit and inconsistent as hell so I would fully expect them to go the way of the dodo just like blackberry/symbian.

Watch for either 1) The unstoppable juggernaut that is Micro$oft 2) Whatever nonsense is being developed by the guys that used to be Nokia (Sailfish whatever it's called) since 'Nokia' was sold to the chinese and China is 60% of the mobile phone market.
>>
>>690654100
I love my 920, the new 650 and 950 are just...great. And come the Q1 of 2017 there's Surface phone. Arm will be gone and it will be full windows 10 on the phone. Get ready.
>>
Name a phone better than my flagship Nexus 6p

>Protip: you can't
>>
>>690654499
intel phones will be out Q1 of 2017. That's why Microsoft sold the nokia name. All the advantages will be expired by then and it would just cost them money.

Once an intel based mobile phone hits the market then by marketing magic microsoft will be the largest market share. You watch. "Everything running windows 10 is a mobile device" Market share becomes grey, sales pitch etc etc.
>>
>>690655002
Something that is not running shitty android.
>>
>>690655002
Nokia 3310
>>
>>690655294
>Shitty android

ifags
>>
>>690654543
Android dying out? You're a fucking moron
>>
>>690653111

iphones are garbage plain and simple. theres literally no reason for anyone to use one. theyre made for fucking retards that are concerned with status symbols and waste their money on shit even though its garbage

>forces you to do everything through 1 email account and deletes your apps and files if its not attached to that email (wtfuckingfuck)

>entire layout is dogshit

>no back button
like seriously wtf kind of retarded as fuck operating system/phone doesnt have a back button

>itunes is the biggest pile of dogshit ever.
only lets you download software that fits your OS, but you cant search apps by OS, so its a guessing game if anythings going to work. and the OS stops updating to force you to buy an entirely new phone

>phones too goddamn big now. its like a fucking shield

>OS has too much control over the phone in general.
you have to jail break the piece of shit just to customize it the way you want

>glass screen
they did this intentionally so the screen will shatter and break and force you to keep buying new phones. also makes the phone heavy as a fucking brick

>you have to use itunes to put anything on the phone
makes organization fucking horrendous, limits what you can put on there, and is just generally a huge fucking pain in the ass

i could go on and on
>>
Went from a Nexus 5 to a Iphone 6s

Go Andriod, heres why

-Notification Lights
-Plug and Play
-No Itunes
-Emulators
-Actually Free Ringtones without using iTunes

I'm going to sell this iphone and get another Android.
>>
>>690655672
IT support that has to deal with your shit phones.

Apple is light years ahead of google in the enterprise. And Microsoft did things in 1995 that neither Apple nor Google have even pretended to try yet.

There aren't even functioning third party products that do the things that Windows just DOES in an enterprise situation. It's one thing to sell you 1 single phone. It's a completely different thing to sell a Fortune 500 company or a government agency 150,000 phones and a management system to track them and their employees.

Android isn't even consistent enough to FUNCTION let alone be manageable.
>>
>>690656214
What makes you think this is not possible?

Symbian was MORE popular than Android is right now and it's gone.

Nokia stock was over $150 a share now it's $5. This was literally due solely to lack of adoption by CARRIERS in the US.

They were always ahead of the curve in form, function, patents, tech, everything.

You honestly think that a technology can't become irreverent? Android is only used by a bunch of people who don't give a shit about their phones because it's free and the phone is cheap.

Hand them something cheaper and better and they'll use it. That could literally happen ANYTIME.

Hell, it doesn't even have to be better! It could just be different! What if MS makes some proprietary shit that you can only get on windows phone then sells a shit ton of them to china and india (which they already have done btw) and hands them out here for $0 with $5 a month cloud service? Huge market shift. Get over yourself.
>>
>>690656627
>What is Airwatch...
>>
>>690656388
I have never owned an iphone...but clearly you're retarded.

You don't have to use itunes for shit. It's just cloud based syncing.

It's locked down for enterprise management. Just like a windows phone. This is called SECURITY. Something that you don't see on an android device. It also makes the devices consistent across the different models.

Screen size is different depending on the phone and everything from the 5 to the newest phone all run the same OS if you want. That's why the new ones are all bigger screens.

What phone doesn't have a glass screen? Idiot. They said they weren't going to make it a sapphire screen because it was too expensive at the time but you'd still break that shit if you drop the fucker 100 times like everyone does that is like that. Just don't drop your fucking phone.

You can use as many email accounts as you want. I do it regularly for customers. Exchange support and their email and their icloud, etc.
>>
>>690658037
>I have never owned an iphone

stopped reading after that. come back after youve experienced ipads and iphones then try to tell me how wonderful itunes is
>>
Killing yourself is the best option.
>>
iOS is "beginner" friendly.

Android is what someone usually goes to after realizing they want a phone that isn't tied down so hard.

You're all stupid, arguing about phones and operating systems. What you use doesn't matter one shit to anyone else. Use what you like.
>>
>>690657978
Fuck...

We just bought that shit program from ATT...

ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND for I don't know...3-4 months now?

They sold us android tablets and airwatch at the same time and some samsung phones...

Well...first, you have to install airwatch on all the samsung phones before you setup the accounts on the phone or some bullshit or it won't push a policy. So we do that. They work. Then the tablets all get setup, they're the opposite way. But then we needed to change the email to cloud from local exchange...can't do it...

Turns out you have to remove the policy from the tablet to update the email...well you can't remove the policy remotely...only locally...oh...wait...you can just delete the policy from airwatch locally...that's stupid....

Call ATT...oh yeah...round and round and round...couple weeks...air watch is not compatible with those devices. FUCK YOU.

Won't take them back. Stuck with 90 tablets that are incompatible.

Reset all of them to setup by hand for new email...

person doing it fucks up like 10 of them, now they're bricked because the google accounts are unknown...ATT can't unlock them and there's no way to find out the account name associated with the device so you just have to sit there and try 90 fucking accounts on each one until you get the email associated with that device....

FUCK YOUR SHIT ANDROID.
>>
>>690658454
I support that shit daily.

It's not that bad. The only thing fucking stupid about it is the DRM.

If you rip your own music then move to a new computer. If you buy everything from the apple store then it's literally the easiest shit in the universe to deal with in the grand scheme of computers.
>>
File: IMG_20160620_205658.jpg (1015 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_205658.jpg
1015 KB, 1944x2592
Android. Very first phone was an iphone 3gs, then a iphone 4, then I saw the light and got an lg g3. Aside from the overheating issues and subpar battery life, good phone. Now I have a note 4, been using for two years and still looks new. Planning ongetting the note 7 in 2020 or so, doubt this thing will last forever
>>
>>690658710
although its really not lol. i work in retail and have to deal with retards on a daily basis that dont know how to work their 900 dollar phones. it really pisses me off when they hand me the fucking phone and say 'i cant do this can you load this for me'. like seriously, go buy a fucking flip phone if youre too inept to handle something of this level. id say like 20% of my customers are actually this retarded.
>>
>>690653111
Has anybody who defends Android actually used an Android phone? I had to use one to develop and app for work, and it was just awful compared to iOS.
>>
>>690653111
what a waste of trips...
>>
File: 562.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
562.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>690659199
considering OP said he has a Note 4, yeah I would assume he's used an andoid phone
>>
>>690657978
It's also super expensive. I'm not sure exactly but like what I would consider to be nosebleed expensive ($15-20 a user a month) which is ridiculous considering that it 1) doesn't work 9/10th of the time 2) when it DOES work it is more time consuming to use that then to just drive to the house of the person and fix the fucking phone in person.

My sister's company has it on her phone and I was looking at her phone to see if it worked and there aren't policies installed. So, I assume they had about as much luck as I did. Not for profit with 4,000 employees.

I'm telling you man...give microsoft another version or two of windows phone and a government contract and you'll be shocked how big the userbase gets. Strictly because of nit picky IT bullshit.

Network admins don't have time to deal with your fucking cell phone.

Apple has a solid product tbh though.
>>
>>690658958
Hnnng
>>
>>690658958
>Aside from the overheating issues and subpar battery life, good phone

HAHAHAHAH

HA
>>
>>690658454
iTunes is the tits. Old phone. Create backup. New phone. Sinc from backup. Literally same phone. Same pics. Same vids. Same apps. Apps in same place as before. No muss no fuss. Had android. Gotta delete and re download apps that go extinct. Widgets quit working and have to be re downloaded. Music is free but it's all shitty YouTube rips with some nigger yelling between verses. Never. Fucking. Again
>>
>>690653317
I'm thinking of buying one, is it any good?
>>
>>690653317
Damn that was fast, how is it vs the one. I'm still chilling like a baller on it so I've no reason to upgrade
>>
>>690659113
This too. I don't get why people buy $500 phones when all they do is text message and talk on the phone.

I literally buy a phone based on it's ability to 1) Take a photograph 2) Make a phone call 3) Send a text message 4) Look up the answer to a stupid question on the internet. In that order.

Anything else that it does is an extra and there is literally nothing "productive" about a cell phone.
>>
>>690660068
Realistically though, this is the only reason you use itunes. To backup and restore without having to do it from the cloud.
>>
>>690660018
not that guy but I have a Note 4 too.

Overheating isn't that bad and is somewhat expected. As for battery life, it's really not bad. I can easily get through a day.If I need more battery life I just bring an extra battery with me. I have a portable charger that can charge my extra while I use the one currently in my phone. I can charge from 0 to 100% in like half an hour with fast charge
>>
>>690660018
You know that thats in reference to the lg g3 and not my note right? Just checkin
>>
>>690660265
True. That and custom ringtones. Even now with imusic I never hook up unless I got a new phone. And my family is all on the plan so honestly it's not too expensive. I hated downloading music on droid only for it to be the absolute worst quality, all the songs were different volumes, and if you couldn't find a decent rip there was, never fail, some cholo in the background pimping his remix
>>
As someone who works a full time job as a salesperson for a cellular carrier, Apple all the way. I used to be fairly indifferent, but now that I have to work with all of the glitches and inconsistencies of android products, I could never bring myself to own one. Plus the UI is complete dogshit.
>>
File: 1465750638347.png (9 KB, 171x295) Image search: [Google]
1465750638347.png
9 KB, 171x295
>>690660731
you didn't use those awful mp3 download apps, did you?

just plug your phone into your computer and drop them into the music folder from WMP. Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>690660384

I don't agree that overheating is to be expected... that sounds like a deal breaker for me.

Years ago I asked myself why I put with bullshit phones that were generally pretty good, but had some infuriating fatal flaw. I haven't looked back.
>>
>>690660994
it's not overheating as in it turns off. The phone just gets a little hot. Every single phone I've ever owned has done this
>>
>>690660731
I forgot about custom tones. I did that years ago and it's just carried across without having to think about it.
>>
>>690661091
It shouldn't ever do that unless it's overheating because it's in direct sunlight. Your battery is probably fucked.
>>
>>690658958
>very first phone
What are you, thirteen?
>>
>>690660950
>2016
>needing a computer for a god damn thing other than a laptop to do your taxes even tho this year I did them on my iPhone
>>
>>690661103
Yeah. I quit doing tones when I stopped smoking weed. Lol
>>
iPhone Gang
>>
>>690656388
I have used iPhone for 6 years now and only in the last month have I switched to android. android is far superior but you have to give credit where credit is due.

>1 email and deleting files
thats your apple ID. that is just how your phone knows what to keep on teh phone as yours and delete what you may not want.

>no back button

simply slide from left to right if there is no observable back button, but there usually is one in the upper left corner.

>itunes is dogshit

I concur. iTunes is dogshit

>phones to big
galaxy note. enough said

>os has too much control

i agree

>glass screen

...well what else are they to use and still manage to come in under $1,000 a phone

apple does a lot of dumb shit but they also have done some good stuff. android may be superior but apple still can hold their own
>>
>>690661543
The main reason i stuck with custom message tones is if they aren't long/loud enough i often miss messages. I think my only complaint about normal everyday things i use my iphone for is that if you miss the two message notifications you wont know until you manually check. A tiny little beep once every few minutes if there are waiting notifications would be useful.
>>
Galaxy S7 or bust.
>>
>>690661805
You can set it to repeat alerts up to 10 times in settings>notifications>messages
>>
>Samsung
>Either LagWiz or gimped CM with hacked drivers
>Master race

W E W L A D

E

W

L

A

D
>Nexus owner
>feelsgoodman. jpg
>>
>>690662424
>having to do a buncha shit to make it work better
>master race

Pick one
>>
>>690662561
Misread. Sorry nexus bro.
>>
>>690658958
Hello fellow note 4 user. I hope mine lasts too. I have been using it long enough for a loght imprint to be seen of the keyboard on the screen.
>>
>>690653111
I'm stuck on the note 3 still, and I'm scared of the new phones lacking SD cards, is the note 4 currently worth it or should I stay on note 3 and wait for something bigger?
>>
>>690653111
LOL.

Androids are foe the edgy poor kids whos parents didnt have thw money to buy the cool toys when there growing up. Now there buy the cheap ahit tear phones because there lifes are all poor minimim wage jobs and there try to be edgy. Fuck android I'll sticking to my brand new model i phone thank you that i'm owning only until there new one comes out. Poor faggits.
>>
Nexus 6 here, will probably keep this phone till a new Nexus that's 6 inches comes out
>>
File: 221011569603-nokia-2220-slide.jpg (27 KB, 413x497) Image search: [Google]
221011569603-nokia-2220-slide.jpg
27 KB, 413x497
>Android or Apple?

Nokia 2220.

Faggot.
>>
most people in this garbage thread only have experience with the device they are pimping
>>
>>690664028
Which will be the biggest thing in your pants, by far.
>>
>>690662118
Well how about that. I hadn't checked for an option for ages!
>>
>>690663454
I'd say wait but it depends I guess.

If you were to upgrade get the 4 and not the 5. I can't believe they made it a non removable battery
>>
>>690664176
Glad I could help. I didn't know about it until you said that. Went looking. I'll never have another android.
>>
>>690659199
Don't you have to be a nigger somewhere else?
>>
Galaxy S7 edge master race reporting in
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.