[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they make armor or a weapon for wun wun? Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 426x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 426x314
Why didn't they make armor or a weapon for wun wun? Just think of the damage he could have done to that shield wall if he had even just achopped down tree. Now picture him with that same tree with an axe head the size of a person. Couple that with mail and a helmet and that would have been an easy battle.
Even the situation he was in last night... Why is he not picking up entire horses and throwing them into the wall of shields? He would have killed people 6 deep.
>>
Because they've blown the budget by that point. No wonder this season has been shit, they've spent it all on the last 2 episodes.
>>
Because Wun Wun would have become the Eagles of GoT.
>>
>>690584733
As soon as the Bolton soldiers made a wall I was convinced the wildlings broke through it.

Would have been better if Jon Snow died as well, trampled by the wildlings he saved as they run to save themselves.
>>
>>690584733
Wun wun didn't do shit other than break down the entrance to winter fell
I thought it was stupid, if he had armor and a weapon like he should of he would of turned the whole battle in the wildings favor
>>
File: twisted fucking psychopath.jpg (139 KB, 1178x896) Image search: [Google]
twisted fucking psychopath.jpg
139 KB, 1178x896
mellisandre better start reviving Ramsay
>>
Take this shit to >>>/tv/
>>
>>690585433
This. And even without armor and weapon, he could've just broken through that silly shield wall and thereby fuck them up royally.

The show is getting utterly boring because now there are "main" characters protected by thick layers of plot armor and it's all so fucking predictable.
>>
>>690584733
Did anyone in Jon's army even have armor besides shitty leather and wildling fur? Imagine how long it would take to get the resources, make the armor, get it on him and carry it around. I do think he should have had a spear or something though.
>>
>>690585688
The writers just have absolutely no idea how to write a good battle scene.
>>
>>690584733
the red witch needs to revive him into some zombie super freak. That would win it for Winterfell
>>
>>690585923
maybe he'll return as a white walker
>>
>>690585902
they writers probably haven't played total war
A kid could have written this episode
better
>>
>>690586010
The battle scenes have been fucking absolute shit since the beginning. Remember the battle of blackwater at Kings Landing? That shit was even more retarded than last night's battle
>>
>>690585052
well they could have made wooden armor and given him a tree trunk as a club, the size and thickness of the wooden armor that he could have worn would probobly be effectvie but it would leav large gaps for polearms and shit but still better then hides
>>
>>690585902
better show atm with battle scenes?
>>
File: legend of korra.jpg (135 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
legend of korra.jpg
135 KB, 460x215
>>690584733

I liked this episode.

that's all.

continue trolling pls
>>
>>690584733
There's also no reason why Sansa waited till the morning to get Little fingers army, she could have prevented 100's if not 1000's of Jons troops if she had gone the night before, or even told Jon days before...

she's such a fucking bitch, hopefully she dies soon
>>
>>690586538
I prefer the ones in Vikings, but mostly because there are Vikings in them
>>
>>690586310
they could lash together shields, and cut down a tree for a club. no one would be able to even touch a giant with 20 feet of lumber.
>>
>Sansa not telling Jon about the Vale army

>Rickon SERPENTINE GOD DAMNIT or at least cover behind one of the crosses

>Not equipping their mvp Wun Wun with anything. No armor of any kind. Not even a fucking tree trunk which would demolish enemy formations

>Ramsay not killing Jon when having the chance and shoots the half dead giant instead

>Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day

good stuff
>>
>maybe hes just a slow giant
>>
>>690584733
Gotta agree. Would have been a fucking tank. Also, see what he did after picking up one of the enemy's shields? That's right. Just a little bit of armor and a proper weapon, even a fucking iron chain.
>>
>>690586658
>Ramsay not killing Jon when having the chance and shoots the half dead giant instead
THIS
and why dident he shot jon instead of rickon when they were next to each other? he seemed to have pretty good aim
>>
>>690586579
er.. nah, those pikemen would have fucked up the horses if they had been faceon.. they needed to attack them from the back.. my guess is they were just camped over the hill and were waiting
>>
>>690586917
>why dident he shot jon instead of rickon when they were next to each other
This is exactly what I was waiting for. Why piss off Jon when you can kill him instead?
>>
>>690586917
He also seemed to have a very strong bow. The arrow not only pierced Rickon's chest, but also horizontally, which is amazing, considering the distance.
>>
>>690585542
From what? Dog shit?
>>
>>690586917
Damn dude yeah the chain. Remember the ones they used to try to break through the wall back in season 4? It would have been like helicopter blades riping through
>>
I think everyone is hating on this episode with wun wun because your all having lord of the rings style cave toll flash backs/nostalgia. Its a different fantasy universe.
>>
>>690586917
Because he wanted Jon to watch Rickon die, then watch his whole army die.
>>
>>690587309
No, it's just bad writing.
>>
>>690587359
well you write something better you prick
>>
>>690587083
They waited a damn good while, enough for Jon to suffer heavy losses, maybe half his troops or more
>>
>>690586917
>john telling torment the night before that he won't let ramsay attack the willing force from the sides
>john running to his brother leaving his entire army leaderless.
>jon having no plan to attack a larger force but instead charges straight on giving full tactical advantage to the enemy
>lets the slow phalanx of boltons circle them slowly while giving no command or having a reserve to prevent that
>even when surrounded johns men don't immediately charge and such to the shields before the boltons get their spears out front
>>
>>690587359
this it makes no sense to have a FUCKING GIANT walk around in hides with fuck all to do then punch people
>>
>>690586917
>>690587101
Because Ramsay loved having Jon feel pain,
look at his sigil for fucks sake. He loves torturing people. As for why he killed the giant when he had the chance to kill Jon, he thought that he could have been released if he defeated Jon in one on one combat. If he just killed Jon without having any arrangement then he would just get killed instantly by the archers
>>
That thing with the spears was really bad writing, there was plenty of space to charge between them and people trapped like that would.

Glad that guy was eaten by his dogs and betrayed by someone he thought was 100% loyal though, just as I thought

All in all a visually impressive episode, but story-wise, meh
>>
>>690587701
i like the episode too
>>
i wish sansa got raped by ramsays 20 good men
>>
>>690587353
>>690587694
why tho? ramsay dident even know john rather then knowing that he is just a bastard in black sure john rasied an army but i dont know it feels stupid to not kill john when he had two chances,

also how stupid is ramsay to think that they will let him have a fucking duel after his army just got rekt
>>
>>690587254
damn, getting hit with a regular size chain by a human is bad. imagine a giant swinging a chain with links that weigh 5-10lb. and the longer the chain the faster the tip of it moves. a 30ft chain would shatter any enemy formation
>>
>>690584733
wtf is this shit?
>>
i thought it was FUCKING EPICLY GOOD episode.

1. you guys are just a bunch of fucking whingers
2. what fucking other series is this exciting (especially in this genre)
3. compared to what other battle scenes.. it shits on any LOTR crap
4. some people have no taste
>>
>>690588259
They DID let them duel
>>
>>690588411
same
but it sucks they killed off ramsay
>>
>>690588411
It was good, but that doesn't mean there weren't glaring flaws or that it was immune to bad writing.
>>
>>690588259
Not so stupid apparently, they actually let
them duel. Ramsay is just that kind of character, he wants to see anyone get hurt, its literally what he lives for.
I am pretty disappointed still that they killed off one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>690588412

It was dog shit though. Remember how bad ass ramsey fought when the iron born came and tried to steal reek back?

Why the faggot arrow and shield fight? shit was weak imo but overall the episode wasn't bad.
>>
>>690587224
i thought he whipped out a crossbow or something lol
>>
>>690588411
>shits on any LOTR crap
Crawl back into the hole from whence you came
>>
>>690588293
hhmmmm that is a fast moving tip
>>
>>690588412
you call that shit a fucking duel? john just said fuck it and they all knew there was nothing that ramsay could have done he was using a fucking bow at point blanck not even trying.
>>
>>690588713
ok LOTR1 was pretty good. LOTR2 was alright LOTR3 was pretty lame and boring and the CGI wasn't that good. and the hobbit. fuck me.. don't get me started. GoT way better in every respect
>>
>>690588729

I knew I wasnt the only one thinking about how big his dick must be
>>
>>690586538
That's entirely irrelevant, that doesn't make the original argument any less valid lol.
>>
>>690588578
See>>690588880
>>
>>690588628
Yeah it was bullshit that we didn't see him go full berserk with double daggers before they killed him off
>>
>>690588964
It wasn't necessarily a normal duel but ramsay couldn't do any better, it's not like the wildlings would hand Ramsay an axe. All they could do is
not interfere with their fight, which they didn't.
>>
>>690588880
A bow at that range could have easily killed Jon if he hadn't been wearing plot armor
>>
>>690588247
20 good dead men now
>>
>>690589149
they could have had a boxing match john didn't even have his sword drawn.

i call bullshit on the "duel"
>>
The action and cinematography were the best and highest quality they've ever been, by a long shot in this episode.

The writing brought it all down, though. That's been the story for this entire season, though.

Such a shame.
>>
>>690589294
"hmmm john has a shield and he blocked my first arrow, i know i will do the same shit until i get rekt"

no shot to the leg or gut "nope im aming were he puts up his sheild because im an idiot"
>>
>>690589337
They totally could have, Jon was probably going for that since he has his "honor", but Ramsay
doesn't give a fuck about honor, he thought he could kill Jon while he was running towards him, then it was just too late.
>>
>>690589569
>running
he was walking for some reson
also>>690589567
>>
what calvary came at the very end?

Why weren't they there earlier?
>>
>>690589707
The fact that he was walking gave Ramsay even more
reason to think he could win with a bow, when Jon started
rushing towards him though, he didn't have a chance that Jon would let him put down the bow and start fighting fairly.
>>
>>690586579

Thought about this too, literally didn't tell Jon Snow for that sake of him going into the fight as the underdog to make the battle more exciting for the show. Can't see any other reason for Sansa to not say jack shit
>>
>>690589435
that director is the shit..

so good at these episodes.. i'm really looking forward to the next one
>>
>>690584733
Are you a fucking idiot? Look how slow this giant is already without armour. He would be dead weight going into a fight.

What they could have done was make him flank with a bow and arrow, he would probably slice thru 50 men on a single shot.

But this battle was pretty impressive. What you guys failed to mention was the master's vs the 3 dragons. Like wtf was that? All 3 dragons attacking and concentrating fire to get 1 boat only? Gtfo, they could have made a sea of fire with all the boats in minutes.
>>
>>690584733
Maybe because giants don't want to fight with weapons...
>>
>>690589964
>The fact that he was walking gave Ramsay even more
reason to think he could win with a bow
yeah i know this argues agenst my case but i still belive its odd for ramsay to use a bow sure it could also be argued agenst me that he mentions that john is becomming known as a master swords man and thus he uses a bow but i still feel like ramsay dident even try
>>
>>690590230
He didn't have anything else though. That was his best chance to kill Jon,
I highly doubt he would have won in hand to hand combat either. Ramsay isn't too much of a fighter he prefers to scheme and torture.
>>
>>690590220
well we have seen footage of a giant using a bow

also is there any reasoning behind this? why would a giant who is going to war think that using a weapons is wrong/not reasonable
>>
>>690590176
Destroying prefectly fine boats when you can make the sailors surrender of fear.

are you 12?
>>
>>690589567
Imagine Ramsay got to hit jon snow leg
Jon snow falls 20 wilding arrow the shit out of ramsay until he looks like a voodoo doll
Yep you're so smart
>>
>>690590176
Daenerys wants the ships you retard.
>>
>>690590413
could have used an arrow as a dirk or tried alittle harder to dodge john's shield bash dont you think
>>
>>690590176
You dumb nigger they need to save the boats. They were just showing their force with that one boat. Also it doesn't matter how slow if he is invincible
>>
>>690590176
I agree with you about the armor but why sink more boats than you need to? Daenerys needed the ships, even still they
barely have enough with the ones supplied by Theon and his sister
>>
>>690590592
Right. Except that those wildling archers did nothing when Ramsay shot Wun Wun who was right next to Jon.
>>
>>690590176
Did you fail to understand that the whole point of that was to INTIMIDATE them in order to save and capture as many boats as possible ?
>>
>>690590592
so your saying that they wouldnt fire at ramsay if he shot him in the head/chest? or are yous aying ramsay dident even try which is my point
>>
>>690590176
is the giant slow or is he keeping the same pase as the rest of the army
>>
>>690590592
get rekt
>>690590711
>>690590723
>>
>>690590606
I don't know if he could have tried harder in the end he still had no way of winning.
With Jon gone, they would have still fucked him up so what's the point of trying.
Ramsay is smarter than most characters, he knows when he's lost.
>>
>>690591077
well thats my point its barely a duel because he isent even trying becaus he knows and every one els knows that ramsay is done for

why did we even agrue if we both agree?
>>
>>690591214
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just giving my opinion as to why he did what he did.
>>
Where the fuck was ghost tho
>>
>>690591374
isnt he with sam?
>>
File: 1410798987754.jpg (3 KB, 138x200) Image search: [Google]
1410798987754.jpg
3 KB, 138x200
>>690591368
well alright then good talk
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.