[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turning 21 in a few days, began considering some shallow half-baked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11
File: NOTFUNNYJUSTCOOL.webm (979 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
NOTFUNNYJUSTCOOL.webm
979 KB, 720x404
Turning 21 in a few days, began considering some shallow half-baked existential fears about the impermanence of life, and so forth.
How do oldfags on /b/ cope with the idea of time inexorably slipping away from them?
>inb4 drinking

AMA?
>>
File: buddh.jpg (593 KB, 2556x1767) Image search: [Google]
buddh.jpg
593 KB, 2556x1767
>>690413832

Death is a path we all must take.
>>
>>690413832
Mine is on the 22nd OP, what about you?

Not an oldfag but I've accepted that I'll die and don't really care.
You just have to get over it and it may take some time but it's a relief oddly enough.
>>
>>690414057
bump
>>
File: passive aggressive roadrage.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
passive aggressive roadrage.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>690414322
29th.
And of course it's easy(ish) to acknowledge and even accept the idea of death. I'm more worried about my time on earth not having any meaningful consequences. If I have a Wikipedia article, for demonstrative example, I'm worried about it being a stub.
>>
>>690413832
Your 20s to 30s go by real quick and you realize the only good time in your life is at 14-18 where you dont yet realize every human being is a self serving animal who would do anything to survive including exploiting your survival mechanisms. You are now a product consumer and a function for other people, there is no love besides your parents because they were biologically programmed to do so. Even the person you love is just a robot to their own desires to breed or be acknowledged by you or use you to make someone jealous. Its a big soup and it only gets worse as you get older. You spend your time seeking revenge at the wind, a grinding process by which you meet more people to screw you over until you think about suicide daily. You wish you had some face to get revenge on but it is just a formless mass of stupid animals all programmed just like you are, you cant even blame them. You hate yourself more and more but your own mechanism prevents you from killing yourself.
>>
>>690414871
You need to get yourself a girl, mate.
>>
>>690413832
I was dead for billions of years before I was alive. It never once inconvenienced me.
>>
>>690414813
Oh sorry I see what you mean.
It's just different for me because everyone is forgotten eventually
>>
>>690413832
get a job and a hobby. ffs you kids are pussies these days. smh
>>
>>690413832
>How do oldfags on /b/ cope with the idea of time inexorably slipping away from them?
Lolis, live your dreams
>>
File: eschaton.jpg (143 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
eschaton.jpg
143 KB, 800x450
>>690415072
i have a job, i take classes full time, and I have several projects I'm working on at any one time.
My fears drive me.

>>690414871
>10/10 would cry again
>>
>>690414871
>Your 20s to 30s go by real quick and you realize the only good time in your life is at 14-18 where you dont yet realize every human being is a self serving animal who would do anything to survive including exploiting your survival mechanisms. You are now a product consumer and a function for other people, there is no love besides your parents because they were biologically programmed to do so. Even the person you love is just a robot to their own desires to breed or be acknowledged by you or use you to make someone jealous. Its a big soup and it only gets worse as you get older. You spend your time seeking revenge at the wind, a grinding process by which you meet more people to screw you over until you think about suicide daily. You wish you had some face to get revenge on but it is just a formless mass of stupid animals all programmed just like you are, you cant even blame them. You hate yourself more and more but your own mechanism prevents you from killing yourself.
You need to meet more people
>>
File: breath of life.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
breath of life.gif
2 MB, 300x300
Just know that it all ends some day.Go out do as much fun shit as you can.Ask yourself if you were to die today would you want to do what you're about to do today,if not try to change that.

Get as much out of this little dust world suspended in a sun beam as you can.You'll mostly regret the things you didn't do than did do.Live your life anon,so when you're an old shit you can say it was a wild ride and you regret nothing.

But I'm just some anon and that's my two cents I'm going to watch Erased looks like a good anime.
>>
Save up some money, kill yourself and get cryofrozen

Tell them only to reanimate you when immortality has been unlocked

While you're at it, make some investments before to wake up with some ca$h to boot

- ???
- PROFIT

plus: think about how easy it is for foreigners in a country to get girls, just how easy do you think it'll be for the closest thing there'll ever be to motherfucking time travelers?
>>
First of all...if you're having existential crises at 21, you're going to have a miserable life.

I'm 27. I do not feel or look old. Why? I eat a strict, clean diet, and I exercise. It also helps that being in your twenties, doesn't make someone old.

You're old when you feel old. So if you feel old now....you're really doing something wrong.
>>
>>690415312
best reply so far.
>>
File: fallen.gif (498 KB, 500x593) Image search: [Google]
fallen.gif
498 KB, 500x593
>>690415332
shit anon that's pretty good De Grasse would be proud
>>
>>690414974
I had a girl but she said she was raped by someone else before anything happened and I lost interest. She said this with a smile, she was probably lying about every word she said to me to have a laugh.
>>
>>690415479
Even if they can't reanimate you (cryonics is still not as well-researched AFAIK), it won't be bad because well, you'll be dead, This is the best shot you'll have at an afterlife, and you'll die far more hopeful than if you die a regular death and know for SURE you'll be gone, for good. (Not to be euphoric, but come on, no one here actually believes in an afterlife)

Thing is, to you it'll actually feel like time traveling when they do manage to reanimate you; you lose consciousness, and then regain it - what's inbetween you'll never take note of. i. e. it'll be like not even a second has passed between the time of your death and your reanimation, even if it's been 10.000 years.
>>
>>690415754
i think you have some deep fears that affect the way you perceive people anon.
>>
File: eternity.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
eternity.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>690416131
When I lived out a few more decades on this rock I'll freeze my self cause let's be honest no one wants to get ancient and old and dying well it's so much trouble to not exist anymore.Also tip tip my friend.
>>
>>690415754
One girl is not ok you need like a different one every month until one sticks.
>>
>>690413832
Keep your thoughts in mind while moving ahead with your life. As you get older it'll all become clearer, but at the same time more confusing.
Fortunately, by that time you've move ahead quite a bit. Whether it be through family and work or self-discovery. One way or another these thoughts you have now will be more meaningful than they are now. I ask you something impossible, which is: trust a stranger. It's up to you, but don't be overly concerned. Growing older can do wonders (in terms of understanding the world as it is)
>>
>>690416166
>>690416545
I can't allow women to be human beings. I want them to be virginal and innocent and not be a slave to their biological impulses. They constantly disappoint me with their intentions, they seem to only talk about breeding or playing games to enhance their position in life (playing me against someone else) I am tired of this endless animal kingdom.
>>
OPs only get used and cynical if they're faggots.
Tip of the day: Stop being a faggot, OP. Go to the gym and get /fit/.
Your outlook on life is a lie, the true outlook is to have no outlook or opinions at all, and only then can you be free to be happy. Once you stop trying to put into words your false "understandings".
Nobody wants to fuck a downer.
>>
>>690417077
Ok how about kill yourself then, because your standards are retarded and you're a controlling fuckin downer.
Enjoy the hedonistic pleasures in life without your ego and cynicism smashing you with stupid desires, opinions and expectations.
>>
>>690414057

/thread
>>
>>690413832
>convince someone you hate to walk out on an icy lake
>do this
>if no one is around, the perfect crime
>>
>>690417077
Find a girl whose life will enhance yourse while you enhance theirs or go be forever alone and dull. Seek medication and psychiatric help immediately too. You have a problem that can be solved if you allow it.
>>
>>690417079
Not anymore of a lie than yours, sorry

>>690417460
You have as much (if not more) expectations than he or she. It's a heck of a more obvious from your post than his or hers
>>
OP here, lot of great advice.
But honestly the depressed anon above made me realize my head is in a decent place, all things considered.
Hope things work out somehow.
>>
>>690414813
95% of the people in the world dies and nobody gives ashit/knows who they are/were, why would you be any different?
>>
>>690413832
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. Yw.
>>
>>690417874
No you're just a stupid existential fag too apparently. You guys are all such pussies honestly. Quit depressing the meaning behind your lives and learn to live along side the personal desires of others, and get the fuck off my /b/. Go back to /r9k/
>>
>>690417460
>>690417778
Thankyou for the advice. Yes no one wants to be around me in a real way because I am a downer. I have been alone for a long time but I can function perfectly in society because I am a good actor. I think about just becoming one of the happy people who want nothing more than own a house and have a family but I know it would be spreading a sickness. I will kill myself when the time is right that is what gives me hope, to know this will end. But I have a suspicious feeling others are actors too. No one is actually happy but they are properly distracted, doped up and away from the reality. We could colonize other planets, enough room for everyone but we don't. We go to war with each other, killing one another over and over for generations.
>>
>>690413832
25 and coming to terms with it

most important realization is that there's only so many hours in the day so try not to waste your time.
>>
immortality is cancer.
cancer cells are immortal.
live with it
>>
File: raugh.png (255 KB, 592x317) Image search: [Google]
raugh.png
255 KB, 592x317
>>690418571
glad to see you're going to live a long life anon
>>
Go move to a country where the pains of hunger and desires to find food are your biggest problem,
and you'll stop caring about stupid existential shit.
The problem is that apparently, you faggots haven't had enough REAL problems to motivate you fix your inferior little relationship/ existential acceptances.
>>
>>690418893
>go be miserable
>itll be great
>>
>>690418276
Well, what can I say? It's up to you to judge a person (as I've done) without having any knowledge. If I'm a "stupid existential faggot", so be it. If it makes you feel better about yourself, well done, you've conquered me (although in a very small way), but hey. Anything counts, am I right?
>>
>>690418446
Actually no. Normal people are happy, because they are rewarded by the hedonistic pleasures of accomplishments and sex, because they try harder than you to improve themselves. They also have hobbies like snowboarding, etc that they get joy from improving in.
If you don't get joy from these things, you are not sad, you are depressed. The opposite of depression is not sadness, it is vigor. The lackof wanting to do anything, is true depression and you should seek psychiatric help to regain vigor and enjoyment.
>>
>>690417755
>convince someone you hate to walk out on an icy lake
Okay, I REALLY hate to walk out on icy lakes. Are you convinced yet?
>>
>>690419531
/thread
>>
>>690419613
>exploitation of grammatical ambiguity
the toppest of keks
>>
>>690419531
I could go snowboarding because some human profits from selling me gear and lessons and hypes me up to go "shred some gnar gnar" because he has deluded himself into going somewhere fast down a hill is the distraction he needs to not think about his own worthless existence. I understand and accept that I am just the same as the next person in line wanting life, an endless supply of meat that serves no real purpose on this planet. We make bridges and other stuff because it serves our purpose of pretending we matter. Meanwhile we will do ANYTHING to another human being to maintain this survival. There is no noble cause, there are only animals getting the better of eachother to further their biological functions. We might as well be robots. Its sickening.
>>
>>690419531
I agree to a degree, but at the same time it isn't that easy. Yes, genetics matter a heck of a lot, but depending on the environment and people around those who're struggling, a tons can be accomplished.
I'm in no way underplaying the seriousness of depression. If anyone feels they're not enjoying things they used to it's definitely some kind of a signal. Not necessarily full on depression, but it's strange to say the least. So, anyone reading this, be aware. Clinical depression can and may hit suddenly. Leaving you bound to bed feeling like nothing is worth it. If anyone feels something unusual don't be afraid to talk to a professional. It does help. Early management is heck of a lot easier than late term depression
>>
>>690420096
Go get psychiatric help. You're wrong and nobody could ever convince you.
>>
>>690420096
Also, nice block of text nobody cares about. If you care about this block of eye sore text enough to waste time posting it, what makes you different than those who care about snowboarding enough to snowboard?
Is this your hobby? Posting existential garbage? Find a better hobby that doesn't waste both parties time. You are no different, you stupid superiority complexed cunt.
>>
>>690414871
That about sums it up ya
>>
>>690413832
Dont worry bro, just do your best to get a good job and raise a family. The details you get the less you'll care.

I remember that shit keeping me awake at night. Now I really don't GAF.
>>
Teenage existential crisis gags detected. Boy, I sure remember when I was 17-19 years old! Build one of those bridges that you think people only build to prove their worth, and use it to get over your summerfagness.
>>
>>690421421
NO SHIT. We are here on 4chan to feel we are socializing through an anonymous filter. I don't talk to anyone in real life because I know their reactions to my depressing bullshit. I serve a function to many people, they depend on me being a good stand up person who can help them with their survival but I come here to say my real feelings because it is the same as throwing it out into the ocean. It means NOTHING. That gives me pleasure knowing that it means nothing, and no one else's bullshit matters either. I laugh at them with their hopes and dreams based on thinking it matters more or less than any other human, we all existed on this little planet, the king and the hungry peasant, and it all is the same.
>>
>>690413832
keep learning stuff constantly, and don't compare yourself to young people - learn how to self motivate, set personal goals, and fuck what everybody else thinks, essentially. When it's just you vs. time it's way less depressing than your time vs. everyone else's time.
>>
>>690422166
>> I laugh at their hopes and dreams
Because you have none, and think you're superior you stupid neckbeard.
Your nihilism is bullshit.
Hop on the hedonism boat with everyone else. Pleasure matters.
>>
>>690422166
If I may say, you're a bit lost. It does matter. Do you really think somebody who's truly invested in problems others are facing can just "forget it"?
I may be the "rare" kind, but a heck of a lot troublesome posts (people in need) have stuck with me for years. Often, you'll never hear back from them. You don't know how they're doing, etc or whether you could've or did help them in one way or another
Anonymity doesn't necessarily mean carelessness
>>
>>690417079
Ignorance is bliss, eh. Just become a meathead and thing about nothing, that's your solution?

Don't listen to this guy, OP. Yes, you need to be fit, for your mental well being. But exercise your mind more often than your body. Your logical thought process is the most valuable thing you have, and as you age it will deteriorate if you don't use it just like your body does.
>>
>>690422166
It is obvious that, herein lies your problem of not expressing your feelings to people in real life. Yes it's true, don't express those feelings to (attractive) women, but guy friends should know, and obviously will try to correct you because they are right and you are just depressed.
>>
>>690422582
I have hopes and dreams like the world all working for scientists who colonize other planets but I understand that will not happen, we are too stupid and want to war with each other. I laugh at someone telling me to snowboard because look at what you are really doing. Your answer to the universe dying out all around you is to get on a board and go down a hill for a few hours so you don't think about things for a while. This makes you happy? Thats funny to me. I have indulged in hedonism. I have fucked two girls at once and had sex on a yacht. It means as little as snowboarding, a brief distraction. We would need to ditch our "identities" The small differences (Like enjoying snowboarding over reading a book) that makes us different. We need to work as one cognizant being. It will never happen so laugh at the futility.
>>
>>690423056
Calling /fit/ "meatheads" as if they are inferior to you... As if being fit and able to perform well beyond your regular abilities, and fucking hot women for hedonistic enjoyment somehow makes them inferior...
Sure is summer in here!
Fucking confused and complexed faggot teen neckbeards.
>>
File: 1424512478886.jpg (23 KB, 460x402) Image search: [Google]
1424512478886.jpg
23 KB, 460x402
>>690423690
OP here, just want to take a moment and suggest that you sound a bit defensive. Do you maybe suffer from body dismorphia?
>>
>>690415312
Good one
>>
>>690423478
Unlike you, Most of us don't do these activities to distract us from existential dread, because the existential dread doesn't exist with us...
You think we are the same, but we are not lol.
I don't have summerfag syndrome, clinical depression, cynicism or aspergers. You're doubting your ability, and humanities abilities, because you are sick and don't have the mental capacity to figure out possibilities.
>>
>>690423929
Are you projecting?
>>
>>690414813
kek
that's a great gif
>>
>>690424428
maybe. I exercise but I don't lift.
It takes one to know one, and so forth
>>
ITT: all the depressing, superiority complexes nihilist 17 year olds need to go back to /r9k/ forever.
>>
>>690413832

31yearoldfag here. I used to think things like this. As corny as it sounds, I just make sure that I fill my life with more things that bring me joy & satisfaction than things that stress me out. It's a tough balance to find, especially as more responsibilities come your way (mortgage, family, job, etc...), but contrary to popular belief, you can find fulfillment in all of those things. Just make sure the things you do are truly the things you have a passion for, and pursue them with as much fervor as possible. The time will still move quickly, but when you look back on what you've done in that time, you'll be much less disappointed with yourself.
>>
>>690424327
You seem very confident and have a great handle on things. Tell me mr special, what makes you different from another human being? Also what do you feel is the greatest human achievement?
>>
>>690416131
But as soon as youre broke they would just dispose of you and you wouldnt even notice that all these efforts where pointless in the end.
>>
>>690424628
No I snowboard, jog, do Jiu Jitsu, go to college and have at least a new fuck buddy every month. I'm doing fine. You should try it. Or at least find drugs that make everything else fun.
>>
File: asshole.jpg (82 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
asshole.jpg
82 KB, 500x375
>>690425143
i skateboard, take classes, have a steady girlfriend, try my best to make art, etc.
I fill my time with things that bring me happiness. I'm not the other guy. I just have my fears.
Are we not both human?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.