[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is windows 10 so bad ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
Why is windows 10 so bad ?
>>
Microsoft doesn't want to make a new OS from the scratch so they keep recycling a system that peaked 6 years ago
>>
>>690225420
>420 blaze dat cigarette

My fucking Store app has just up and fucked off. I can't find an official response and I can't be arsed reinstalling.
>>
File: i must kill.png (704 KB, 774x579) Image search: [Google]
i must kill.png
704 KB, 774x579
>>690225287

they push it way too hard.. after clicking away the flood of 'upgrade now' pop ups it still installed itself overnight which royally pissed me off.

and my programs are now called apps. WHAT CASUAL APPLE FAG DO THEY TAKE ME FOR?
>>
>>690225287
what's the problem?
>>
File: Untitled.png (112 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
112 KB, 1366x768
"Some info" asks for everything up to and including your dna blood sample.

While I was installing windows 10 the privacy questions it asked were beyond too much. and i normally don't give a shit about my privacy, but they were pretty fucking unnerving.

Privacy reasons aside, it's honestly not THAT bad of a system. though i still feel windows 8.1 was better, but as of now, this is the first system i've owned legally so i'm kinda stuck with it. (i pirated windows 8.1 but they still allowed me to update to windows 10 through the pirated 8.1).

(I mean, i've tried ubuntu before but linux is a joke)
>>
>>690226496
i don't know if it's a good idea to upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10
>>
>>690226841

don't worry microsoft will eventually do it for you wether you like it or not
>>
Windows 10 stopped recognising my wireless card, and my router is on the opposite side of the house and cant be moved, so now im stuck with a giant expensive brick.
Tried reinstalling windows. Nothing. Apprently a bunch of people had that problem.
>>
>>690226934
i'm a bit afraid of this
>>
rollback procedure isn't hard at all

there are also reg keys you can create that will prevent it from upgrading
>>
>>690226841
Honestly, it aint too bad. gaming performance is definitely better on win10. sure some of the fancy sidebar stuff is missing, i'd say give it a go. if you don't like it, it does allow you to revert to your previous OS within the first month.

>>690227035
no need to be, after the release date, it won't be free anymore so likely those forced naggy stuff will go away as long as you keep your OS updates off until july whenever.
>>
>>690225287
It's kindof ok if you switch off all the data collecting crap that's automatically turned on.
>>
>get windows 10 free upgrade
>vipre breaks because windows 10
>computer gets virus
>need to buy new harddrive because old one is basically bricked
>INSTALL WINDOWS FUCKING 7
>computer works again
>windows still asks me if i want to upgrade
>skeggety skeg
>>
>>690226438
This guy helped me a lot.
http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-7-to-10-gwx-how-to-remove.html

Even now that the system run with less both loader, the amount of data the system share with MS in insane about 6 megabits every 10 minutes, from my experience. The volume varies if you use an program or the internet, they didn't remove the network logging feature, basically everything you see they may also see.
>>
File: 015612.jpg (15 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
015612.jpg
15 KB, 620x400
>>690225287
>>
i think i could give it a try after all
>>
File: wgFVcEC.gif (491 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
wgFVcEC.gif
491 KB, 500x333
If you aren't using DWS.exe, congratulations, you installed a botnet.
>>
>>690227528
just remember that if it's not right for you, you got 30 days to revert back. it will store a copy of your windows 8.1 data files until the 30 days, and then it will remove them. that is if you install it via the upgrade thing they're advertising it with.
>>
>>690227422
holy shit, that's not gonna hapend, i think i'm not going to try it
>>
because you cant play some classic games like just cause 2 or pretty much every fucking game i own
>>
>>690227244
had nothing but trouble when i got w10

also, the idea that it can turn off pirated programs (which it did) sits very poorly with me, like eating lobster and drinking wine while taking sleeping pills. the idea that my computer is just a bit more out of my control is a very bad thing indeed.
>>
File: Untitled.png (148 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
148 KB, 1366x768
>>690227893
>>690227422
You motherfuckers do know there IS a thing called privacy settings menu, right? because all of that shit, you can turn off. holy shit.
>>
>>690228109
the infamous one that switches your settings back to defaults after some time?
>>
>>690227244
>>need to buy new harddrive because old one is basically bricked
nigga, plz...
>>
>>690228225
not sure what drugs you're taking. mine have been the same as shown since i got this OS.
>>
>>690228109
there are some privacy settings that you can't turn off at all. there's an image floating around making note of all the shit that even if you know about it, can't avoid microsoft from gathering on you.
it's a shit OS and you're a fucking tool if you use it, you deserve to be spied on.
>>
Here ya go bros

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html
>>
>>690225287
it tracks everything you do and sends that info to microsoft... and it has piracy detection software making it difficult to torrent shit.
>>
>>690225287

It's a poorly written and heavily backdoored botnet that was forcefully installed against most peoples wishes. It's also the first ever Microshaft OS to be given away for free.
Immediately after it's release it was found to be logging webcam, microphone, password and keystroke data and sending it all hourly to servers around the world.
Any attempts to turn datamining off are pointless unless using third party programs to choke windows at a programming level, even then upgrades and 'patches' release by microschlong turn it all back on again without users consent.
>>
1. Forced updates (I own a PC to not deal with console shit)
2. Botnet
3. Incompatible with many, many older games
4. Incompatible with most 3rd party .dll libraries (used in older games, for modding, and for graphics post processing)
5. It's step 3 of the plan to make Windows into a cell phone/console based OS (eventually will literally share programs with Xbone)
6. They're programs godammit, not apps
7. Start menu still hideous
8. Microsoft is being a douche about the whole thing
A. Locking DX12 to Win10 to force upgrades in the future
B. Automatic upgrades
C. Strictly controlling new dev environment
D. I have fears of more subscription-based "features" in the future, like current MS Office or Adobe CC.

I'll never be upgrading from Win8.1 (with classic shell, God I hate every UI after 7) unless Microsoft gets their shit together. I know my personal choice doesn't really affect them much, but choosing not to upgrade is the only way I have to speak out against it.

When Win8.1 is truly obsolete for gaming, hopefully Linux will be a valid gaming platform.
>>
>>690228494
An image floating on the internet? Well, then it has to be true. Why on earth would someone lie on the internet?
>>
>>690228316
ask this guy
>>690228671
>>
>>690226841
I did. Im computer engineer. Not a single issue.
>>
>>690227005
You're "stuck" with a giant expensive brick, as in you can't buy another fucking wireless card.

Win 10 sucks, but you clearly are a retard.
>>
>>690227893
I agree. It's my exact reaction to traction control, ABS, auto-stop, and automatic transmissions in cars.

I'm a control freak. I want my machine to do exactly nothing without my express permission.
>>
>>690228954
oh, on the internet? then it has to be false.
>>
File: error888.jpg (106 KB, 634x900) Image search: [Google]
error888.jpg
106 KB, 634x900
win10 kek
>>
>>690228919
>When Win8.1 is truly obsolete for gaming, hopefully Linux will be a valid gaming platform.
i'm hoping for this so much.
hope the devs start making games for vulcan, and that wine supports all the old crap perfectly.
then i can get rid of windows completely.
>>
>>690227893
>the idea that it can turn off pirated programs (which it did)
15/20 progs are pirated. Nothing happened.
I installed win10 9-10 months ago.
>>
File: holy.jpg (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
holy.jpg
71 KB, 500x375
>>
>>690228919
This, basically.
Still on Windows 7, when it reaches the point I can't use it anymore I'll just fully switch to Linux.

As a matter of fact the only real reason I kept Windows was for gaming, I had everything else on Linux but I'm lazy.
>>
>>690229696
ahh good old "KVM switchers".
>>
>>690225287
>Why is windows 10 so bad ?
Because you're too stupid to configure it.

>>690227244
>get virus because anti virus solution 'breaks'
You are fucking retarded.
>bricked
Yes, yes you are.

>>690228919
>1. Forced updates (I own a PC to not deal with console shit)
You can turn that off.
>2. Botnet
You can turn most of that off
>>690228919
>3. Incompatible with many, many older games
Not true at all, try for yourself.
>4. Incompatible with most 3rd party .dll libraries (used in older games, for modding, and for graphics post processing)
Not true at all, try for yourself.
>5. It's step 3 of the plan to make Windows into a cell phone/console based OS (eventually will literally share programs with Xbone)
So they move the consoles closer to PC, where's the problem?
>6. They're programs godammit, not apps
They are apps, applications (programs).
>7. Start menu still hideous
That's a personal preference of yours and can be 'fixed' by third party software.
>8. Microsoft is being a douche about the whole thing
That's how you perceive it.
>A. Locking DX12 to Win10 to force upgrades in the future
So what?
>B. Automatic upgrades
That's what you said in 1. already.
>C. Strictly controlling new dev environment
Not really. (I'm a software developer)
>D. I have fears of more subscription-based "features" in the future, like current MS Office or Adobe CC.
Well, get yourself a (good paying) job and you won't have problems paying for software.

>>690229692
This.

>>690229715
>Still on Windows 7
So you're still on windows 7 and missed the whole point about them updating it so that the 'evil' features of win10 are there too? Poor you.
>>
>>690225287
After installing 10, half of the programs didn't work, games ran poorly, basically my computer went down to 40% functionality

>go back to 7

Works like a charm
>>
>>690229960
>So you're still on windows 7 and missed the whole point about them updating it so that the 'evil' features of win10 are there too? Poor you.
considering he's still on w7, so he disabled gwx and shit, i'd say that he also removed those shitty updates.
>>
>>690229607
>>690229715
Same exactly (I'm that dude). I've never used Linux much (had Ubuntu on an older laptop just for schoolwork as it ran better), and honestly I much prefer Windows in almost every way, but I'll take a less-professional, sometimes-glitchy, annoyingly Mac-like UI over supporting Microsoft again.
>>
File: wada2.jpg (1 MB, 774x1132) Image search: [Google]
wada2.jpg
1 MB, 774x1132
>>690229960
thank Mr.Ballmer
>>
I actually like Windows 10. Pro. I use it as my VM server. It has the latest version of Hyper V built right in the server 2012 doesn't have.
>>
>>690229960
>So you're still on windows 7 and missed the whole point about them updating it so that the 'evil' features of win10 are there too? Poor you.

I didn't miss anything, you're just retarded and don't understand what you're reading.
Not that I give a fuck, though.
>>
>>690226841
>Unsure whether or not to stay with 8.1
You fucking idiot.
>>
File: k.jpg (24 KB, 550x347) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
24 KB, 550x347
>>690230016
>After installing 10,
>half of the programs didn't work,
Upgrading isn't installing.
>games ran poorly,
Games don't run any worse than on win7 or 8.
>basically my computer went down to 40% functionality
If that really is the case then you should look up how to configure your shitty setup correctly.

>>690230137
No problem
>>
>>690230319
>upgrading isn't installing

Do you work for Microsoft's PR department? That's the kind of retarded hairsplitting I expect only from corporate flunkies.
>>
>>690230628
Kek, no.

What I meant was, that if you upgrade to windows 10 instead of doing a clean install shit will just break.
Lots of people then go ahead and say win10 breaks all their programs, which just isn't true at all.
>>
>>690230728
Oh, okay. That makes a ton more sense.
>>
Worked 13years in iT. If your having issues with your windows 10 after upgrading. Do a fresh install. Never upgrade fucking faggots. And fix your setup. As for big brother. Thats just going to get worse. But its easy to get rid of it with some reg key hacks. Also windows 10 is way better than the rest.
>>
>>690230799
Can you explain how it's better? I've read plenty of ways it's worse and the only rebuttal seems to be "it's better because it's better."
>>
>>690230728
>>690230628
>>690230319
Another anon here to confirm win10 is perfectly fine.
My whole life is vidya and 3d animation, and none of my games or programs stopped working or had to be altered to work with win10.
My friend is like the people in this thread, clutching his win7, telling me that games run worse and programs break on win10, while he hasn't even tried it.

Used an old laptop to test and figure out how to disabled all the intrusive shit, and so surprised that it was perfectly fine, that I now run it on my main desktop.
>>
File: win10.jpg (18 KB, 246x370) Image search: [Google]
win10.jpg
18 KB, 246x370
>>690230799
>Also windows 10 is way better than the rest.
wew, only truth here is dubs
>>
>>690230799
This.
Also, give this a read: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/3fhy27
I know hurr durr reddit, but that's actual good content on there, even tho it's just put together from other sources.

>>690231112
>while he hasn't even tried it.
This is the biggest problem, people not even trying because they heard or read about it being bad.
>>
>>690230879
Most issues i.see here are all 3rd party driver issues. Windows 10 is a very smooth operating system. If your wireless card ia not working, its because of a bad driver. You cant run win10 on a old ass machine, it uses a lot of memory. 8gb is the min now for machines and you want a good cpu. I5 and up. 6th gen is unecessary unless you have a ton a applications opened or using esxi. Plus if your using esxi get a server. For torrenting and piracy. Get vmware and install windows 7 or server08 on it and go through that. I torrent with vpn on a legit server. No issues. Also bet the people.who are having issues has a machine thats more than 5 years old.
>>
>>690231766
Was talking high end cpus on 6th gen that are 500 bucks. You do not need unless your a crazy gamer or running tons of shit..
>>
>>690231766
>Also bet the people.who are having issues has a machine thats more than 5 years old.
I have win10 on multiple machines.

On my recently upgraded PC it works fine.

On my 6-7 years old Notebook it works fine.

At work I had it on my 10+ year old PC, it had a few driver problems so I got a new PC but it worked fine except for a black screen for like 2 seconds here and there.

So, win10 even works on old machines.
>>
>>690225287
it's not. why do you think it is?
all windows 10 complaints have been true for every windows since vista. go use linux if you hate it so much.
>>
>>690231766
I really don't pirate anything, but just the fact that it's necessary to run a separate OS to pirate due to MS spyware flips my paranoia switch.
>>
>>690232161
Yes they would work but you will have some sluggishness. What i am saying is the users i have been hearing about have old peripheral devices. Why you need to upgrade on occasion. SSDs are the best. Get rid of that shitty spinner as your windows boot up and use it as a slave. You will notice a huge increase in speed.
>>
File: 1412403999599.jpg (18 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1412403999599.jpg
18 KB, 413x395
>reading all the deluded bullshit from Microsoft fanboys and/or PR department
>>
>>690229715
As a Linux user, you are the people I hate most.
>>
>>690232433
>it's necessary to run a separate OS to pirate

lolwat
>>
>>690232433
Why pirate on your main machine? You pirate a piece of software and install it and you destroy your shit like a tard and thej you have to rebuild. Waste. So VM. You do it virtually, i fuck it up and all i have to do is click a button to go right back to normal. Easiest shit in the world. Learn VM thats the future. All my clients now are using it. Its free too
>>
>>690232573

>reading all the smug comments from knee-jerk microsoft haters
>>
>>690232634
Cry me a river, you elitist faggot.
More tears.
>>
It nearly bricked my laptop. It disabled one of my graphics cards and my wireless adaptor
>>
File: that-is-bait.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
that-is-bait.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>690232801
>>
>>690232801
Fuck you piece of shit
>>
>>690232640
>>it's necessary to run a separate OS to pirate
It's not, the other anon just prefers to do it that way.
>>
>>690227005
I had the same problem. There are fixes though. It's all done through the command console. Just look it up. It only took a few minutes to get it to work. Then another few weeks to make it work correctly
>>
>>690232573
I've given up arguing with fanboys
>>
>>690229442
>ABS is scawee and I don't like it

You do know that ABS has been around since around the 80s and is a standard feature on all cars, right? It only assists you when you slam the brake pedal in an emergency, and exists so that you can stop quickly without locking the wheels up. It doesn't do anything else to your driving experience, if anything it gives you even more control over the vehicle.
>>
>>690232658
Never used VM. Like I said, I never really pirate anything.
>>
>>690229522
Unless you're 6, most people are intelligent enough to assume claims made on the internet are false until proven true
>>
>>690232658
>Free
If you would have experience with VMs you wouldn't offer a Freeware to your "Clients". There are a lot of really good VM Software Solutions out there but you should only consider Freeware if it's for experimental or private reasons Only.
>>
>>690233389
I'm aware of that. However, there are a few issues with it.
1. It's shit on dirt roads and can kill you if you have to stop fast on a dirt road. Locked brakes stop you fast on dirt, rolling wheels don't.
2. In part-time 4WD (which I'm in all the time for my hobby), ABS is extremely unpredictable
3. Because of that, manufacturers used to wire in defeat switches, but the federal government banned that practice.

Thus, for my purposes, it's better not to have it. Plus I have a nice little shelf where the module would go where I can put something useful, like an air tank.

It's something that you can get by without just fine if you know how to drive, and there are circumstances where it's unsafe. So it's better not to have it and to just have to drive smarter.
>>
>>690228109
Wha'cha doodling on paint?
>>
>>690233152
I'm stuck with most apps not launching, namely the actual fucking Store.

>other than this recent shite, W10 is a God send compared to the last few dollops of shite
>>
>>690229442

ABS is useful.

Everything else I agree on.
>>
>>690225287
failed business plans in mobile and win8
loss of market shares
new management
new generation of developers
MS really isnt the same company that it was 10 or 20 years ago
>>
>>690234029
>MS really isnt the same company that it was 10 or 20 years ago
Name one successful company that is the exact same that it was 10-20 years ago.

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>690233991
On pavement in 2WD, yes. But it isn't strictly necessary, and there are times when it's unsafe, see here.
>>690233714
But unless you're also into rock crawling or spend most of your time on dirt roads, most people would rather have it.
>>
>>690234193
Nintendo
Sony
Duracell
Coca cola
Pepsi cola
>>
>>690233714

bawwww my econobox doesn't have an ABS-Off switch for when i try to drift on the astroturf.

retardation.
>>
>>690234029
Yeah but. Office 365, SQL Server, Azure. Microsoft are still doing a pretty good job. And they create opportunities for other companies to develop & leverage their technologies. Unlike Apple... their closed architecture & supply chain doesn't create opportunities for anybody except their shareholders.
>>
>>690225287
It's not.. Works fine. Worked with every version of windows, and the only really bad ones were ME, Vista and early windows 8.
>>
>>690234193
Berkshire Hathaway
>>
I own a widows phone, can I sell at a ridiculous price as "Collectors item"?
>>
>>690235180
do it now before it's end-of-support
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 960x720
>>690234636
Dude, this is what I drive.

12 mpg of pure off-roading bliss. Really closer to 8 mpg when in 4LO.
>>
>>690235718
and it comes with hard-wired ABS??

lolwtf
>>
>>690235718
And no, I don't drift. If I drift in that thing it'll roll over. Read my post. ABS sucks on dirt and in 4WD. Now look at my pic. I'm in 4WD, on dirt. Really self-explanatory here.
>>
>>690225287

Driver issues, compatibility issues, and weird random problems, like waking from sleep improperly.

I work for an insurance company, and my boss made all the computers Windows 10. I am the IT guy. Needless to say I got a partial raise and a bonus.
>>
>>690235979
If I had the ABS option it would be, thanks to government regulations.
Thankfully, I don't have the ABS option, as it was made long before ABS was required.
>>
>>690236123
I mean it's not hard to disconnect the ABS module if I had one, but then I have a light on my dash and such.
>>
>>690229373
why does he have to buy another fucking wireless card - to make it compatible with that shit

get linux
>>
>>690236272

complain to the manufacturer, not microsoft.

or get linux. what are you doing video gaming anyway, you're a grown man.
>>
File: 2.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
897 KB, 800x430
Windows 10 is fucking scary.
I know for a fact upon registering W10 I turned every privacy setting off.
Some dude above me posted a link to Reddit witch then describes to you how to make sure ALL the features are off.
I head over to my privacy settings and almost everything was on.
Not only has Microsoft been guzzling my cum, so has every app manufacturer. The fucking cuck bastards must have been spying on me for months.
Inb4 hurr durr I'm a retard, I know for a fact I turned them all off.
One good thing, the poor soul in charge of monitoring me hasn't slept the same since.
But yea, this is fucked up
>>
>>690236757
>the poor soul in charge of monitoring me

i don't think the world works how you think it does
>>
>>690236870
Yes, I know. Point still stands though dick head! Who the fuck changed all my privacy settings back?
>>
File: choice.jpg (38 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
choice.jpg
38 KB, 1000x1000
>>690225287
Their thirst for money and power with the immense amount of user data they are now collecting. Its futile to try and work around the data mining in their own operating system. Telemetry is integrated in every program and library it uses. If you truly want to be free realistically going Linux is the only way.
>>
>>690237091
you yourself, drunk?
>>
>>690237174
>Learn more
Lost
>>
>>690225420
To be fair to microsoft, they DID try to at least improve the interface with win 8. They just failed.
>>
File: aggression.png (140 KB, 980x721) Image search: [Google]
aggression.png
140 KB, 980x721
>>690236757
This is definitely offputting, wonder why people still try and defend their politics? They have become quite aggressive about the upgrade too, closing the windows is now also a "yes"
>>
>>690237208
Yea, that's what I do when I'm drunk. Unlimited porn? Nope I'm gonna fuck about with my privacy settings.
TBH I'm drunk now and that is exactly what I decided to do but why would I go switch them all on?
>>
>>690237388
>closing the windows
The upgrade notification window that is
>>
Wait I'm confused, ABS is installed in W10 Cars?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 248x249
>>690229960
Autistic
>>
i might pirate windows 10, but I dont want the botnet.
>>
IT guy for 25 years
Win 10 is a good OS
Don't be a pussy, upgrade while it's free
>>
>>690237388
Yea my computer at work, I wasn't given the choice. It just ungraded itself. And no wasn't the bosses cause my bros comp is still on 7 (I think) and also full of viruses. The company doesn't seem to give a shit about their computers. Microsoft obviously took advantage of this and decided to update that computer whilst I was in bed.
>>
>>690237746
Not sure, spergs would actually have some valid arguments.
>>
>>690225287
>2016
>not installing Gentoo
>>
>>690237783
Might as well pirate code red virus
>>
>>690237885
Well if you say so.
>>
>>690237885
Nice try Bill Gates
>>
>>690237885
IT guy for 31 months
Just install Adobe Flash
>>
>>690237412
i don't know, man.
i've worked in support, PEBKAC is real.
>>
Windows 10 is a fucking virus. It's literally adware and spyware rolled into one big forced update. Complete and utter shit.
>>
Call me Paranoid Pete but even people in this thread are getting all pushy about getting W10?
Fucking NWO
>>
>>690238245
So you're complaining that Windows finally arrived where Mac OS, iOS and Android have been for years?
>>
I'll stick to CTos thank you
>>
>>690238191
>PEBKAC
Go on then, give us a clue what PEBKAC stands for?
>>
>>690226499
> privacy
> uses Facebook and Google Chrome
>>
>>690238353
It's called a discussion, buddy. Go back to your safespace.

Most people don't have a negative experience with W10, so expect some resistance to your bashing.
>>
>>690229960
>I'm a software developer

Check out this faggot who works customer service for a call center.
>>
>>690238473

just google it.
>>
Windows Ghost Onion where
>>
>>690238535
Fuck.you if you're in on this
>>
Eh. I like it a lot. All i did was run anti spy bot and some other things to debloat it and im good to go. Works amazing and boots fast
>>
>>690238530
I haven't had a problem with it. I just find it concerning when updates are fucking about with settings you went out of your way to switch off manually.
>>
JIDF-OS user here
>>
>>690226499
Dont
Fucking
Use
Cortana
>>
File: michaeljackson-bad.jpg (909 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
michaeljackson-bad.jpg
909 KB, 1400x1400
Bad? Really really bad?
>>
>>690238579
Prick you could have typed it as easy as you could that. Hope you got one of the disappearing shop front capatchas too.
>>
>>690238510
Jesus fucking Christ this.
I actually thought he was being ironic for a second.
>>
>>690238733

With a single occurance i'd dismiss your story as user error.
>>
>>690238875
haha i did. so annoying.

wasn't aware kids these days don't know what PEBKAC is.
>>
>>690238411
Yes. Why on earth would other people creating horrendous abominations of surveillance give you any right to build your own?
>>
>>690239058
That's how market competition works.
American companies aren't nearly regulated enough.
>>
>>690238875
You could have googled that in the time it took you to write that response.
>>
>>690237885
IT guy for 38 years. Win10 is OK but too full of telemetry crap and doesn't work on certain hardware confs. I use mainly Win7 with Win8.1+classic shell on others and Win10 on a tablet and some mailservers. Surprisingly, it's not too slow on a z8300 with 2gb of ram.

Meh, it's all about the apps you use. If they work on whatever OS you want then just use it, otherwise install something else.
>>
>>690227244
>I'm too retarded to factory restore
>I'm too retarded to use my computer unprotected for more than 5 minutes without getting a virus

Just end it now, anon.
>>
>>690238981
Penis-Enabled Bitch-Knowledge Access Control?503
>>
>>690238916
>>690238981
If this is the case, why is Microfags giving me a giant flashing button that says "I want to be a cuck"? That's the only way that could happen, nobody's gonna sit and scroll through sub menus switching it all back on?
>>
What happened to the WinFS idea? NTFS is terrible.
>>
anyone have success installing and running Google Earth on 10?
>>
File: mfw1301692808016.png (582 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
mfw1301692808016.png
582 KB, 493x402
I always use my old desktop with windows 7. I have a laptop that started with windows 8 which I hated so I went ahead and updated that pos to windows 10 since I never use it anyway.

It just seems so dumb and wasteful. All those damn tiles and apps taking up my desktop. Why do I need a netflix app? Why can't I just bookmark netflix on my firefox? An ebay app? wtf? I still haven't figured out how to get rid of all those damn extra tiles either. Fuck anything abovie windows 7.

also as I was typing this I got a windows 10 upgrade pop-up. I think it knows what I was typing and is taunting me.
>>
>>690234466
>>690235074
>>690234193
Guys dont forget 20 mule team borax soap!
>>
>>690239485
registry got corrupted because you've got malware like most kids.
automatic recovery reset your machine to a state where thihbngs were still switched on.

seems plausible? have you even checked your sys logs?
>>
>>690239546
Just install Classic Shell ffs!
>>
>>690239515
anyone don't?
>>
>>690239758
I'm old. I have no idea what that is
>>
>>690239546
Microsoft has long wanted to build their own Apple like ecosystem to control the market, apps are just that. A way to force developers to create programs spesifically for microsoft, and later they simply cut off the ones that don't. Its already happening as they are trying to bring the windows store and xbox together in a unified locked platform.
>>
>>690239182
Well you wasn't even part of the conversation. So you're just wasting every fuckers time, aren't you?
>>
>>690239546
you'd also complain about microsoft because your pre-built box came with 3 anti-virus tools.

EDIT the main menu and throw out the crap you dont need.
>>
>>690239758
>>690239802
nevermind. googled it. looks good. think I'll download for my pos laptop
>>
>>690239835
Sorry, don't know why you're having a private converstaion on 4chan.
>>
>>690239782
I havent tried. Im not too tech savvy. When I went to download GE, it listed operating systems - which ended at Win 7. I then did a seach for "windows 10 Google Earth" and found lots of comments about incompatibility.

So without being cryptic - are you running GE on windows 10?
>>
>>690240114
no, i don't.

very odd, i wasn't aware of this. maybe it's related to directx12.
>>
>>690239485
TBH, yes I have restored it back to factory in the short time I've had it but obviously after that the system needed setting up again. So same process of unticking all the boxes was followed.
Why are you assuming I'm a kid?
Bet you're as wet behind the lug holes as the average /b/ user? Either that or you're 46 and the undefeated champion of WoW?
>>
>>690240020
It wasn't private, I was just pointing out that your input was irrelevant.
>>
>>690240629
Why I replied to myself I don't know.
>>690239748
>>
>>690239546
Know how you feel bro. I still use win7 on my pc. Last christmas i finally got a tablet with android. I hate this fucking android bs with apps for every shit, almost no control and the registrations.
I think i will stay with win7 instead turning my pc into a tablet.
>>
>>690240629
I'm actually a martial arts champion in my area and I pull a lot of chicks regularly. Never had malware, unlike you.
>>
>>690233835
Who the duck uses the store?
>>
Mainly because it doesn't fucking work.
>>
File: 1466119342296.gif (2 MB, 280x202) Image search: [Google]
1466119342296.gif
2 MB, 280x202
>>690229960

>botnet
>you can turn "most" of that off

shiggy diggy

>mfw I still use win 10
>>
http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/
here is something for you.
>>
>>690240796
It's not his fault you are too fucking retarded to Google something simple.
Fucking hell, do we have to spoonfeed you everything?
>>
Windows 10 isn't inherently bad, it's a decent enough OS, once you turn the bot net stuff off. The real problem is the upgrade itself
It says it'll 'leave everything where it was' but in reality, it's probably gonna fuck your shit up. I put it on my second computer for shits n' giggles, and literally 75% of the programs I had installed stopped working, and half of the files I had were missing, or got shoved in random folders.
Never upgrade to windows 10, only do a 100% clean install.
>>
>>690241443
Kek, must be awesome been you? Cool douche bag line though bro. You made me so mad, bro. I'm down right disgruntled, I tell you.
>>
File: 1465162534327.png (1 MB, 1300x4704) Image search: [Google]
1465162534327.png
1 MB, 1300x4704
>>690225287
>Why is windows 10 so bad ?

Because microsoft is incompetent, blind and without a sense of direction.

They fuck up a lot of things they make and maintain. Skype is a good example of something that worked good for a short period and then has gotten more laggy and more buggy over the years, the UI might as well have been designed in the 90's. Same goes for most of their other services.

Windows 10 is just another name to add to the pile of garbage they produce. It got a lot worse reputation than the others because of the way they handled the upgrade from W7 and W8, with annoying pop-ups and forced downloads topped with a buggy upgrade process that could leave half the OS functions not working which forces you to do a complete fresh installation of it any way.

If you do everything in your power to create a functioning environment you can maybe at the best get a system that is 95% as stable as W7.

>>690227244
>>vipre breaks because windows 10
>>computer gets virus

windows is obviously to hard for you, you should get a mac insted
>>
>>690241105
yea I got one of those cheap Amazon fire tablets at christmas time. It's good for watching netflix or playing games while I'm waiting at a doctor or for car repairs. Other than that it goes unused.
>>
>>690234730
Office 365 has basically turned into Google+, all that one drive garbage
>>
>>690241531
Knee-jerk Windows haters in their arguments against Windows 10. That's about it. No real person uses it.
>>
>>690241771
Never asked to be spoon feed, just pointing out he had to press roughly the same amount of buttons to tell me to google it that to just type what it stands for. Why are you even wading in on this anyway? Fuck off you argumentative little shit.
>>
>>690241916
>Skype

Skype has to fucking die already, it's an abomination.
>>
File: 1457270152220.gif (864 KB, 242x200) Image search: [Google]
1457270152220.gif
864 KB, 242x200
>>690229960
>>
Crashes, GPU compatibility, and countless problems for computers not already built specifically FOR Windows 10 (as opposed to those that updated from 7 or 8)
>>
>>690225287
>never used Windows ME
>>
>>690242223
It's not about the effort of telling someone, it's the principle.
Why should he tell you? Lazy faggot
>>
>>690225287
I have built 8 pcs including mine this year and installed windows 10 on every single one of them for friends and family. I haven't had a single complaint about the os yet. Maybe your hardware is faulty or you don't take care of your pc by going to any porn websight you please and clicking on their adds.
>>
>>690242498
I've already googled it, FUCK OFF!
>>
>>690242606
Congratz!
>>
>>690242606
then why are you still bitching? Where the fuck is your off switch?
>>
File: 1466233028360.png (171 KB, 303x498) Image search: [Google]
1466233028360.png
171 KB, 303x498
>>690242673
>>690242679
>>
Windows 10 has hasn't given me any issues. It has no major advantages for me over Win7 other than the hybrid boot. There is a major issue with Borderlands 2 performance, though. I had to set up dual-boot with Win7 to prevent bizarre frame rate drops. (went to 35 fps in some areas at 640x480 on Very Low, Win7 runs the same area at max 1620p dsr)
>>
>>690229960
Your job at Microsoft must be fun, huh?
>>
>>690241531
Just trying to get the Netflix app.
>>
>>690225287
Even though everyone has been spying on us for the past 10 years people are deciding to get mad now because le reddit maymay. You totally have power right now so get butt hurt about this. You totally have the power to change anything and people totally give a shit about what porn you've been looking at.
>>
File: MircosoftSpyware.png (114 KB, 828x1154) Image search: [Google]
MircosoftSpyware.png
114 KB, 828x1154
This is with all "Do not track" bullshit on.

It shouldn't be controversial to not want to be constantly spied on.
>>
I tried using Windows but keep coming back to Ubuntu
>>
>>690242783
>>
>>690243049
It's ok your daddy has raped you yesterday, he has been doing this for like a decade.
>>
>>690243162
This.
I don't want to be catalogued.
>>
File: tails.png (143 KB, 203x459) Image search: [Google]
tails.png
143 KB, 203x459
>mfw I use windows XP
>>
>>690243162
anon can I ask what tool that is?
>>
File: 1466167504893.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466167504893.png
12 KB, 500x500
>upgrade from 7 to 10
>all my games work
>all my programs work
>games actually run better
Hate away. I like it.
>>
>>690243162
anybody who's been using wireshark in the last 10 years with a windows pc on the same network knows that it's always been that way.
>>
>>690243469
And I don't want to die.
point?
>>
File: I fucking love chicken nuggers.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
I fucking love chicken nuggers.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
>>690243412
>>
>>690243554
>0/10
>>
>>690237885
It guy here, weuse linux. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>690230308
Topzozzle
>>
File: tumblr_nnh91au85T1u4jnw0o1_500.jpg (55 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnh91au85T1u4jnw0o1_500.jpg
55 KB, 500x530
>>690243588
>>
>>690243569
Well look both ways when crossing the road..... Oh and avoid yellow snow at all costs, that shit is nasty.
>>
>>690225287

because microsoft haven't made a single meaningful advancement in their system since windows 7 all they are interested in is marrying multiple different systems together (see microsoft store for details, also the xbone in almost its entirety)

and thats without even mentioning the spying they seem to be doing on users for whatever reason

the biggest annoyance for me is some of the hardware i use for work isn't going to have its drivers updated so it doesn't work atall on windows 10 which is just stupid really the drivers SHOULD be backwards compatible

considering alot of the suspect things they have been doing regarding forcing people through spurious means, the direction they took the xbone in how it had to be always online and their recent dealings with adobe leads me to believe that they intend to get everyone to update for free then run the licensing on a subscription basis then make it so your pc has to have a constant internet connection to work
>>
>>690239546
Im with ya fam. Linux for work and science, win7 for the rest.
>>
>>690243810
>considering alot of the suspect things they have been doing regarding forcing people through spurious means

that is forcing people to update
>>
>>690243701
Which one? Honestly every distro just feels like a poor man's Windows.
>>
>>690227506
windows 10 has good taste in literature.
>>
>>690243798
Be sure to code and compile all your programs yourself, I think you'll be pretty safe online that way.
>>
File: Excellent.jpg (20 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Excellent.jpg
20 KB, 300x400
>>690244051
Thanks Garth, that's excellent advice for all the viewers at home.
>>
>>690238770
Why not?
I don't use it because I don't need it + they're asking way too much info if you want to use it, but I wanna hear your reason.
>>
>>690239400
That sounds about right
Nice dubs
>>
File: station.jpg (27 KB, 212x305) Image search: [Google]
station.jpg
27 KB, 212x305
>>690244302
Totally no prob, Ted.
>>
>>690234418
I hope you do know that unless the road you're is is a nice billiard table flat tarmac the ABS will actually increase your stopping distance.
>>
File: Wanker.gif (2 MB, 388x528) Image search: [Google]
Wanker.gif
2 MB, 388x528
>>690244545
>>
>>690244582
that's why you switch it off in the rough, no?
>>
File: orenokaotoki.gif (149 KB, 299x199) Image search: [Google]
orenokaotoki.gif
149 KB, 299x199
>>690244876
>>
File: Lets do this sh.....gif (3 MB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
Lets do this sh.....gif
3 MB, 400x285
>>690245293
>>
File: 1285315599389.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1285315599389.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>690245620
>>
>>690245707
>>
File: Wanker.webm (346 KB, 388x528) Image search: [Google]
Wanker.webm
346 KB, 388x528
>>690244876
Excuse me, i noticed you were using an terribly inefficient gif format. Here, take a much more efficient webm
>>
File: 1312529447870.gif (294 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
1312529447870.gif
294 KB, 500x352
>>690245760
>>
File: 2Qwbim4.gif (1 MB, 436x327) Image search: [Google]
2Qwbim4.gif
1 MB, 436x327
>>690245824
>>
>>690225287
Idk maybe because it's more like some fucking phone os than a pc one, probably still going to upgrade before it expires seeing as microsoft is going to start releasing w10 exclusive games.
>>
File: 1331427591490.gif (174 KB, 339x192) Image search: [Google]
1331427591490.gif
174 KB, 339x192
>>690245888
>>
File: 1331423283719.gif (239 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
1331423283719.gif
239 KB, 500x309
>>690245972
>>
>>690226499
> the privacy questions it asked were beyond too much
Out of morbid curiosity, may I ask for some examples?
>>
File: Lets do this shit.webm (233 KB, 400x285) Image search: [Google]
Lets do this shit.webm
233 KB, 400x285
>>690245620
Same >>690245781
for you
>>
File: 1409589745265.gif (2 MB, 320x170) Image search: [Google]
1409589745265.gif
2 MB, 320x170
>>690246017
>>
File: stand off.gif (725 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
stand off.gif
725 KB, 400x225
>>690245707
>>
>>690230728
have fun when ms send the cops for your stash
>>
File: 1313659837296.gif (2 MB, 318x241) Image search: [Google]
1313659837296.gif
2 MB, 318x241
>>690246077
>>
>>690244038
I get the job done using mint in xfce. Ubuntu redhat and SUSE just too clunky for me. Puppy linux or dsl when its a low resource machine. Arch when i need to impress or make it look edgy, cause mint will get the exact same job done in my experience.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 320x362
I had to delete Windows ten update. I have 7 and I think it is the best. They just polished XP. 7 should have been the last and final one. 8 is like a fucking iPad and 10 is no better. Plus you can't pirate shit on it and it invades your life. After about the 100th time of asking me to upgrade and then starting to install I had to delete the update from system 32. Fuck Microsoft why are they doing this? If they keep this shit up I might have to get a Mac and never play one of my three hundred steam games again
>>
>>690244038
This is a common mistake. Linux's ecosystem is completely different from Windowses, you really should not try and use it as such. It wont take long to get used to it though and after using it for a year im never going back.
>>
>>690227244
>need to buy new harddrive because old one is basically bricked
I can pretty much guarantee that Windows 10 is responsible for this. Was it one of those "in-place" upgrades that carries all of your files over? If so, Microsoft bricked your HDD and there isn't shit you can do about it.
>>
File: IT crowd.gif (971 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
IT crowd.gif
971 KB, 500x242
>>690246074
>>690245781
MFW, I need extra software to be able to browse thumb nails of webm with windows 10.
>>
File: pettynyt.jpg (197 KB, 1144x828) Image search: [Google]
pettynyt.jpg
197 KB, 1144x828
>>690246776
Oh shit, my condolences
>>
>>690246773
I cant boot under hirens or anything else?
>>
>>690228919
I'm with you on this one. Sticking to my 7/8.1 forever.
>>
>>690225287
I didn't even upgrade. It was way too fishy that the upgrade was free and I'm not risking a failed upgrade.
>>
>>690246547
10 is better than 8 in terms of display. Looks less like a tablet. The only problem is that it has countless crashing issues and compatibility problems, etc. Especially for non win10 computers and computers that don't have new drivers
>>
>>690229960
Get a load of this autistic little faggot. Glad I'm not you.
>>
>>690237915
[spoiler]brutal[/spoiler]
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.