[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a question for all you current WoWfags out there: why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: NostRIP.png (4 MB, 1678x1080) Image search: [Google]
NostRIP.png
4 MB, 1678x1080
I have a question for all you current WoWfags out there: why do you still play? and when did you first start? im under the assumption that most current players are wrath babies at least and never got to experience world of warcraft in its glory days when it was at its most potential. What is so appealing of having all the game's rewards given to you on a silver platter? What do you find so appealing besides sitting in your garrison collecting herbs and farming 40k gold a month for a free subscription?
>>
>>690204509
i started in 2004, played every expansion since at least a little. i quit WoD after 5 months and never looked back. not buying legion. as far as im concerned WoW is a dead game.
>>
Play OSRS friend, better community.

Visit the osrg on rsg, wow is ded.
>>
>>690204509
I started back in '04, I was ten or eleven years old at the time. I stop for like 2-3 years, play for about 3 months, then stop again. Gets so boring.
>>
>>690204509
I still play for three reasons.
1. All the friends I've made
2. All the time I have invested in the game.
3. I actually still enjoy it, even though I'm a much more casual player then I used to be which might change in legion.
>>
Played BC private, then bought it on cats but had to stop until siege of orgrimmar was already boring. All my friends have given up on WoD, but I'm excited about legion. Still got a lot of old content to farm so even if it sucks at least it's free.
>>
File: kronos.png (2 MB, 1656x1049) Image search: [Google]
kronos.png
2 MB, 1656x1049
>>690205034
what expansion did you start playing? what i hate the most abouw current wow is by far the community. back in the day people used to actually be... well, a community. people asked questions, helped each other out. in trade chat people would actually TRADE. now no one every says shit except spit memes and see who can be the biggest entitles elitist dickhead on the server.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_073115_125715.jpg (222 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_073115_125715.jpg
222 KB, 1680x1050
>>690204509
is it up to 40k now? i don't play anymore, first started playing before wrath was announced. Miss rping, was better when there was more people now everybody is in there own little cliches that are hard to get into or people just don't really want to do anything.(pic my old belfy.)
>>
File: Jules.jpg (25 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Jules.jpg
25 KB, 200x200
>>690204790
OSRS? RSG? speak english motherfucka
>>
>>690206272
cringe. cant believe they put selfies into the game. now i hear they are adding facebook integration. what a fucking joke of a game WoW has become SMH
>>
>>690205725
everybody gave up on wod, even blizz. I believe the last patch they did for it will be over a year old before legion comes out.
>>
>>690204509
Was too young to remember an exact year, but started in vanilla with Chemosh, my undead warrior.

Played very slowly, game was tough for me at that age, and hard to figure out, but loved every second of it. Was lvl 58 when BC came out. Managed to do some early Kara tanking as my highest achievement. Wrath was my expansion. Loved the undead, loved Frozen Throne in WC3. Managed to do just about everything in Wrath, and had no complaints.

I've played in every expansion but not to the extent I did in Wrath. Been a pretty casual player, I raid when I happen to be in a guild doing actual raiding (fuck LFR) but otherwise I just farm transmog and mounts and level alts (got everything but a priest and a rogue at max right now)

Looking forward to Legion. Everything looks good, could be the upswing the game desperately needs.
>>
>>690204509
I started playing at Warlords of Dreanor. a girlfriend begged me to play it with her, she was playing it when it first launched, since she was a kid. World of Warcraft was her childhood, and she says no matter what just hanging out with her guild doing missions all day, makes her happy. She doesn't want to let go of it.

But I don't understand what you mean by all rewards being handed to you on a silver platter. Iv'e spent almost a year trying to get a fucking set of armor. Doing the same raid 200000 times isn't fun. I'm drowning in gold, but not properly rewarded.
>>
>>690206436
idk. but the facebook integration is a fucking joke. nobody wants that shit.
>>
>>690206339
Old School Rune Scape is what he meant I assume.
>>
>>690205982
I first played in BC. Trade chat is total cancer for the most part but most of the community is great in my experience
>>
>>690206652
what i mean is that you can get from level 1 to 100 in a single weekend. you only have to get to level 15 and then you can sit ur ass in orgrimmar and queue LFG dungeons all the way up. then u can just queue LFR and go straight into raids and get epics. back then you had to look for a group in trade chat, organize your party, walk your ass to the instance. if you wiped and fell apart, you had to go look for other members and then go back to the dungeon. if you didnt have a warlock to summon then tough shit. raids took all freaking night. the upside? greatest sense of accomplishment you can get in a game. now people get full epic'd out on all their characters and its means nothing.
>>
File: 1464441032965.gif (3 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1464441032965.gif
3 MB, 500x281
>>690204509
To be perfectly honest, Iv'e been glued to Guild wars, and Guild wars 2. There was a time when city of heroes was my love, but those days are gone.
>>
>>690207034
As far as i remember trade was always cancer but i usally had it off.
>>
File: 1422838917133.jpg (18 KB, 786x671) Image search: [Google]
1422838917133.jpg
18 KB, 786x671
>>690204509
Started playing on launch thanks to my cousin.

I currently only play for the social aspect during raiding, which means logging in once a day to play the mobile game/garrison missions and on 3 of those days staying online for ~3-4 hours while raiding mythics.

Warlords of Draenor has to be the most boring expansion yet, barely beating Cataclysm.
So far I've quit three times during this expansion because friends got bored, but because Legion is coming up we've begun again.
>>
Blizz has learned alot. 12 years isn't nothing to laugh at. I would like them to take that and make a new mmo.
>>
>>690207091
Although true, leveling isn't a "reward" it's and outcome of progression. I was thinking more along the lines of acquiring rare mounts, weapons, armor, collectibles, titles ect.

Because those a take alot of hard work to get.
>>
I never played WoW, never really got into MMO's
what was it like when it was in its "prime"
>>
>>690207491
They were making Titan. reading the lore, and point of the game sounded awesome, but they ditched it because they felt Overwatch would leave it in the dust.
>>
>>690207873
I heard that it just wasn't turning out right. But you might be right about that too.
>>
>>690207585
>leveling not a reward
Not anymore it's not. When it took you 5 months to get to level 60 you did cartwheels in your living room.
As for the gear acquisition, if you didn't have the time to get into a decent raiding guild, like me cus I was 12 back then, then the best gear u could get was blues from UBRS and shit. If u didn't play back then u have no idea how easy you have it now.
>>
>>690208079
Leveling has never been a reward. You could grind to level quickly, play the game normally to level at an average pace, or do random things, and take your time and level slowly.

So long as you don't give up, you'll hit max level no matter what you do. Even if grinding got you there very slowly as you're saying, it's still something you'd get to whether you tried or not.

However, doing challenges to acquire rewards takes hard work and dedication. it's not "handed to you" and neither is leveling.

I'm not trying to insult you, but that statement was just ignorant.
>>
>>690206272
she's cute, does WoW let you have a lot of outfits and stuff?
>>
>>690208602
>leveling has never been a reward
Now I'm convinced you didn't pick up your first copy of wow until at least 2009
>>
>>690208602
i heard about one person who picked herbs at the panda starting area intill the hit max level.
>>
>>690208079
I guess I did have it easy to an extent, but it took me a long time to hit 100. the last 2 levels were the worst. took me at least a month to level up once.
>>
>>690208745
Oh yea, now they have transmog that lets you put the look of one type of armor over what you are wearing all the time.
>>
>>690208602
If you think getting shit in WoD is hard you're either retarded or underage.

PS you're retarded
>>
>>690209076
do people chat a lot in the game?
>>
>>690208784
Really? No shit, it's not like I didn't explain that when I first jumped onto this board.
>>
>>690208956
>2 months to get 98-100
See >>690209110
>>
>>690209110
yea the really just give you "rares". always there and ready to be killed. The whole of the game is formulated for casuals now.
>>
>>690209110
I never said the game was hard at all.
Damn dude, its like nobody can read properly.
>>
File: bb.jpg (84 KB, 1245x792) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
84 KB, 1245x792
Because I'm R1 and playing at R1 level with R1 people is still very enjoyable and rewarding (you have less outplay options than during previous expansions, but you can still outplay using small mechanic glitches).
>>
>>690209226
yea, trade chat is really active most of the time. and if you are in a nice guild you get a lot of people to chat with. Not so much now though do to the over all decline of the game.
>>
>>690209289
when you get 2 levels before max, you hit like this wall of unreasonable amounts of Exp to level.

But you haven't played in a while so its cool.
>>
>>690209561
Lmao are u serious? U can get the last few levels to 100 in a matter oh hours. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>690209493
so would you say it's too late to bother making a WoW?
>>
>>690209691
Don't do it anon
>>
>>690209561
nah you just notice it more because you just so close. Just carry on with questing or dungeons and you'll get there in no time. Find the dailies and start doing those
>>
>>690209691
yeaaaa i would. Maybe when legion comes out in august it might get a nice boost but enless your going to dedicate a decent amount of time you won't really get any where. If you do want a more social server tho i always recommend rp servers. For most people who play its about the story of the over all game. people like me who spent lots of time on wikis reading about characters and event then really getting into it is what drove me.
>>
>>690204509
You know I get the whole elitist attitude, why should they make it easier for noobs to get gear and other shit that in vanilla would have taken much more work. The answer is simple, they are paying a monthly subscription just like anyone else. LFR and other new systems allow people who are not NEETs to actually experience the content they are paying for. Sure they have dumbed the game down a bit but it is still fun unless you just can't get past the fact that its gotten easier. But I am mostly into mount collecting and achievments and shit, i think raiding is boring as fuck.
>>
>>690210316
*wouldn't
>>
>>690209561
Get a load of this aspie supercasual. KEK
>>
>>690210398
Yeah. People like u killed the game as it was back then. Blizzard got tired of drinking your tears and cucked that shit up to a pulp. You should feel ashamed about that.
>>
>>690210831
Oh i'm sorry you don't have to grind the same dungeon/raid for 8 months just to get a piece of gear. Yea that was so much better.
>>
City of heroes. Goddamn. Love that game. Quit WoW for it back in Wrath. Right before ICC
>>
>>690211156
says the retard who's mommy and daddy wouldnt let them play past 9:00.
>>
>>690211156
waaaa it's hard. nobody would dare say that talking about dark souls. people know to keep working at it.
>>
>>690211397
OP here. my parents wouldnt either, but i still found vanilla and BC 20x more fun and rewarding to play than "here you go, have a garrison and your own personal army. oh and here, just clock this button for instant raids, in which you can afk through and get your free welfare epics"
>>
>>690211629
yup. exactly. but no, its only the NEETS who could have any fun, am i right!?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.