[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a Christian. Ask me anything pertaining to God. I wanna
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 13
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
I'm a Christian. Ask me anything pertaining to God. I wanna see you in Heaven
>>
Fuck you
>>
>>690003450
Profanity is the effort of a feeble mind trying to express itself forcefully
>>
Or you can grow up
>>
>>690004001
Hello
>>690003450

I don't understand your context, explain what you're trying to say
>>
>>690003343
why are some Christians really anal about their worship
>>
Profanity= sequences of sounds made by humans that somehow are "too naughty" to be spoken in certain company.
>>
>>690004348
I assume anal, you mean very very persnickety and persistent.

Some are more inclined to go to public worship, such as myself, every open opportunity. Some are not so inclined. Really that depends on one believer's specific conviction about what he or she should do to worship God.
>>
>>690004184
he means stop believing in things that aren't real. grow up.
>>
>>690004628
that's an excellent explanation. Thank you, kind sir.
>>
>>690003343
What is your excuse for the Old Testament?

(i.e. Forced abortions, genocide, stoning homosexuals, etc.)
>>
>>690004372
Profanity defined by the bible is taking the Lords name in vein.

>inb4 what about all these four letter words

And you list them off

Well, seeing as how the majority crowd that uses those words are not very god-focused, it may or may not be a sin, but I wouldn't want to look like someone who doesn't believe in God. So I'll stay away from it by all means
>>
>>690004765
I raise your point and ask you to provide evidence of there being no God.
>>
>>690004956
>proving a negative

Prove that I can't fly
>>
>>690005034
Prove that I don't have an apple under my pillow.

It's impossible to prove a negative. idiot. Grow up.
>>
>>690004956
well, you could also ask him to prove there WAS God, to the same effect.
>>
>>690004791
Two cities were completely destroyed because of homosexuality. Every sinner is doomed to hell, so if there is no chance of a person reforming out of his son, what's the point? Dodson and Gammorrah were destroyed for their homosexuality and there was no wrong in it. God is a just God.

The OT is just as much bible as the NT.
>>
What denomination are you?
>>
>>690005205
lol (aka what brand of idiotic moron are you)
>>
Do you acknowledge the devil's existence?
>>
>>690005139
My proof of God is the bible. It states God exists and created all things.

>prove God wrote the bible

God did write the bible through inspiration of the 66 men who wrote it, over a span of nearly three thousand years. There is not one sound contradiction in the bible, so tell me how a viewpoint discussed by 66 men who didn't all know each other all agreed on one topic?
>>
>>690003343
Does God hate fags?
>>
>>690005205
I hold no denomination, because a name can have many faces. I believe in the word of God and the bible alone.
>>
>>690005282
Absolutely>>690005460
God loves everyone. Does God love sin? No. God is willing and just to forgive any and all sin, no matter how many or what it is.
>>
>>690005522
Then what church do you go to?
>>
>>690005104
Is answered by
>>690005426
In hopes that you were request ion evidence of God
>>
In genesis chapter 2 god tells Abraham to kill his son as a test. If the bible is true and even if you believe the New Testament replaces the Old Testament laws, the god of Abraham is a vidictive asshole, not the god of love christians claim he is and thus should not be worshipped.
>>
Why did you make Hitler?
>>
>>690005734
There's a better question :)

I attend which ever church I find that holds most closely to the bible and nothing but, so most often it is the fundamental independent baptists. Best with me though, I make sure the BIBLE is the only thing they preach.
>>
>>690005153
Deuteronomy 22:23-24
If a man rapes a woman in the city, both the man and the woman are to be stoned.

Yeah, real fucking just.
>>
>>690003343
Isnt it a sin to come to this site?
>>
In the 10 commandments, the first is
Thou Shall Have No Other Gods Before Me
(Matthew 4:10)

What "other gods" is the bible referring to?
>>
>>690005858
But did Abraham kill is son needlessly? No. God sacrificed HIS own son, and Jesus was without sin. Asking Abraham to prove his loyalty to God wasn't a test that needed to be answered, it was a self-revaluation God instilled on Abraham to further strengthen his devotion to him. Abraham was also promised already that his son Isaac would be the father of many nations (Israel) and was not worried most likely even if he had killed his son. He most likely believed his would resurrect his son, but all that of course is speculation and isn't found in the bible. It's what I would assume given the circumstance.
>>
>>690005657
Does that mean I can go to heaven after being homo?
>>
Would god send me hoes to suck my cock if I prayed long enough
>>
>>690005426
>There is not one sound contradiction in the bible

Oceania is at war with Eurasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.

Two words: The Gospels
>>
>>690006016
What's your point?
>>690006139
>remember, you're here forever
>>690006259
A God can be anything. I know a man hat gave up fishing because it was interfering with him coming to church. If I wanted to go to a car meet (I love cars) that took place the same time as church, and I did, that would be putting cars before God. Make sense?

This also pertains to Muhammad, Allah, Hinduism, Buddhism, you're not supposed to believe other religions.
>>
>>690006467
While there is no exclusion specifically to your entrance, I would doubt your salvation if you carried on in your sin. >>690006496
No.
>>
>>690006507
This hurts my brain. Please write a long paragraph in detail so I may better understand, and if possible, site your reference.
>>
>>690006686
>What's your point?

What's my point!?

My point is that this is the kind of barbaric shit that you say you believe. If you believe that a woman should be put to death for being raped, you're an asshole.
>>
>>690006842
Well why not god is supposed to provide and right now I need him to provide me with hoes that got good sucking capabilities
>>
>>690006016
The only way you can believe in a just Christian god is to disregard parts of the bible, so this dude must be crazy
>>
>>690006392
Yea this was needless. Abraham laid his son on the alter between 1500-2000 years before Jesus was even born. Hindsight can't be used to explain that this was not an asshole move by god.
>>
>>690006467
I wanted to expand on this.

Being gay is a sin. If you sin, you go to hell. Period. Until, you accept God's free gift of salvation by trusting him only to give it to you. You an sin after that, but you're still guaranteed heaven. You can't be "unsaved". I sin every day. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

"My God is just and able to forgive all sins."

God doesn't want us to sin, but he made a promise that if we believed on him, we would be with him in heaven.
>>
Also Christian herebut do you actually believe the bible we know hasn't been tampered with by the Catholics because only they have the original locked away in their city what is it vadican?
>>
If God knows everything and he already knows who is and isn't going to hell is there such a thing as free will? You book also says God is unchanging so why is it ok to eat pork and wear mixed fabrics?
>>
>>690007053
The bible states it. Are you saying God is wrong? That's a problem in itself.
Just because you see something wrong with it, doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. You can't be your own God.
>>
>>690003343
What what your advice be to someone that feels their entire world is coming apart
>>
>>690006686
thats kinda shitty. theres something shared by most ideologies and something to take from each as well. being into religion and things of the sort loses its point if you just study one. its like enjoying a genre of music and then only listening to one band from the genre while never knowing how much more there is to it as a whole. in other words,
UR FUCKIN UP M8
>>
>>690007053
This nigga turnt
>>
>>690007328
Well that's fucking gay
>>
>>690007145
The bible is 100% true and accurate, no exceptions.
>>
How many cocks do u suck?
>>
>>690007489
Hey don't dis my question will god provide good cock sucking hoes
>>
>>690007113
God never turned stones to bread when Saran told him to. Just because you ask, even if it is a good thing, doesn't mean it will be given.
>>
Why is your god the real one and not the other millions of deities of the other 4400 religions on this earth ?
>>
>>690003343
Why, in your opinion, is Christianity better than Buddhism?
Buddhism embraces pacifism, enlightenment, and letting go of your world fears and vain attitudes.
It's essentially all the good in your religion, but does not require submission to a God who has slaughtered mankind.
>>
>>690007335
The bible I believe in is the original Greek and Hebrew manuscript, but as I can't read Greek and Hebrew, I alter to the most accurate translation, the KJV.
>>
>>690007757
Why is he not?
>>
>>690007489
You can't justify the murine of an innocent person because the Bible said it's true
The people who wrote it had their own agendas as well, and it doesn't take much speculation to figure out that they might have added things in their to instill their fucked up will
>>
Christianity isn't true. I've asked.
>>
>>690000000
>>
>>690003343
Why don't you listen to Greydon Square or any of Grand Unified?
>>
>>690007281
Do you understand the importance of trials in our life? It's to understand by we have to trust God and that our power is nothing compared to his. Honestly if you were going to make this argument with someone else, go with Job next time.
>>
>>690003343
What's your thoughts on diesm? I'm not fan of organized religion. It has its uses for the lay person to understand the Bible.

I believe that the only God is the God of Abraham. He son was Jesus. God is the supreme architect of the universe. He set everything in motion but does not directly intervene in our lives.

Thoughts?
>>
>>690007921
I fucked it up, I meant murder
My point still stands
>>
>>690006016
Not OP, but fellow Christian. I see your point, but if you read a few verses later(25 I believe) it talked about a man raping a woman in the country side and that he should only be put to death and nothing should happen to the woman. Your example is under the circumstances that the woman was in a city and "didn't scream for help" which is the translations version of her giving consent. It is basically going over, cheating and rape. In your example the word "rape" isn't actually used in the NIV version which is the one I read from. The words "and he sleeps with her" is used instead implying it was consensual sex. In verse 25 of the same translation it uses the word rape while describing the situation in the countryside. You point would be totally valid if not for the incorrect wording and context.
>>
How do I stop being gay?
>>
>>690007709
Ok how about this when god flooded the earth all that was lest was Noah and his family that means when the water dried up they had to have incest to repopulate so if ur married which I'm sure ur not u have fucked you sister
>>
>>690004765
Why do atheists get so but hurt about what others believe?
>>
What does God say about exclusivity in attraction, sex and romance?
>>
File: God.jpg (42 KB, 636x356) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
42 KB, 636x356
>>690003343
OP do I go to hell?

I believe in God but I'm not a christian. If anything I'm an ignostic.

For me God isn't just one being among many, not some cosmic dictator on a cloud, but God is being itself. It's the very essence of us and everything around us.

To reduce God to a human being like Jesus and give him human attributes and human opinions is blasphemy at best, you can't fit God into a human, no matter how good and idolized this human is, he isn't God.

And that's why I don't believe in Jesus, I see the Jesus story as just that, a story to hint at God, to give you an idea about what Gods all about, to put it in simple terms, but not something that you just can believe word for word.

I think there's much wisdom to be found in abrahamic religions, but these holy scriptures are like a sign post pointing towards the path to God, and to use a metaphor, too many people climb the sign post instead of walking on the path. They get hung up on stories, on names, words, nonsensical shit..

If you can define God it isn't God, God is beyond concepts. If you see the Buddha on your way to enlightenment, kill him.

God is inside you and outside of you. God is the very essence of your being, if you want to get to know God, rather than going to church and listening to priests, look inside, skip the middleman, stick to God directly.
>>
>>690007441
Just because he knows which decision you'll make doesn't make free will any less true.
>>
>>690006987
>site your reference.
Um, the Bible?

Read the gospels. They directly contradict each other.
>>
>>690003551
but fuck you
>>
>>690003343
Do you go out of your way to force your religion on someone?

Do fags deserve to go to heaven?

What makes you think your image of god is the true one and only?
>>
>>690008107
Not op

Deism is silly how do you tell a deistic universe from an atheistic universe? You can't so it's just as insane as a religious worldview.
>>
>>690003343
Thank you for wishing me the best.
I am also christian.
What branch do you belive in?
>>
>>690007553
I've researched Catholicism, Buddhism, and Islam. I BELIEVE the bible.
>>
>>690004867
I don't believe that swearing or using curse words is a sin. Language is constantly evolving. I do believe that taking the Lords name in vain is a sin.
>>
>>690008258
I am not an atheist and I still believe Christianity to be toxic. Any religion that incites so much hate needs to be rethought.
>>
>>690005153
You can blame Nergal for that, pleb
>>
>>690008378
Ok but how do you know he's there? Also you dodged my second question...
>>
>>690008666
satan confirmed
>>
>>690008419
Good questions. Any Christian down to shed some light?
>>
>>690008666
It was a ruse the whole time
Op is actually Satan confirmed
>>
>>690004791
Best explanation:
It is a historical and genealogical record of Judaism and what would be Christianity. It is the old covenant between God and man. It was essentially nullified (it's religious laws) by the New Testament, or second covenant.
>>
>>690005858
>be God
>see devil ordering Abraham to kill his firstborn
>don't want to ruin his faith
>be all lol jk
>such is the existence of the most high
>>
>>690007757
The bible states that god is God. See above* I explained earlier
>>690007804
There is no better and worse. There is tight and wrong. Going forward, see above for my proof of the bible. >>690007921
God wouldn't have included it in the bible (or allowed it to be) if it were false so your point is at a loss here. >>690007961
Gasp

Source?
>>690008003
Because I've never heard of it
>>
>>690009040
That sounds like an awful lot of blind faith my friend.
>>
>>690003343
How do i find a good wife?
>>
>>690008355
Not op but the bible speaks of the only to be saved is by through the blood and the blood alone. The blood being what Jesus shared on the cross some of your ideals are in the right place but why believe in 1 entity of the trinity and not the entire thing. Trinity being the father the son and the holy spirit
>>
Since the bible is true is it ok for me to use enraged female bears to kill children who make fun of bald people?

Not even kidding God does this its not n the bible Google it. Then use your bible and double check.
>>
>>690009341
You wait.
>>
>>690005426
Troll?
>>
>>690003343
>>690003343
In the book of job, the devil comes to god and says that man rivht there only like you cause you give give him shit, and gods all like "no way, fuck him up, he will love it.
So satan fucks him up.
And gods all like "told ya"
And satan gets all defensive
"No i got something here, let me kill his family and make him sick"
And god said "coo"
So satan gives him full body herpes and kills his family. Pretty soon every9ne job knows who isnt dead, is coming over to tell him to kill himself and forsake god, to which he says "no i will remain faithful and be rewarded 7 fold" and gods all like "my nigga" and gives him all that stuff he wanted back.

But my question is... wasnt the devil right? If there was no heaven or hell, no eternal reward for our service, nothing to serperate the faithful from the wicked after death, how many people would go to church?
>>
>>690003343
Tell me if my concept of hell sounds cool.

Hell isn't really a place where you go to burn for eternity. They only say that so you don't do bad things to go there. What hell really is, a giant rehabilitation center. They mentally and physically correct you until you truely regret what you've done and realize why it's wrong, then once you're rehabilitated, you are let back into society. AKA heaven.
>>
>>690008107
I like your idea, but it can't be true. God is all around us, working in our lives daily. God doesn't perform miracles like water to wine, but it doesn't mean that he didn't work in our lives. I can't really give you an example, because I don't know your life, and mine would take too long to type.
>>690008221
If you're serious, admit your sin, and go on to live a better life than your past. Live in god's direction, and READ THE BIBLE. KJV is the only one I use. >>690008248
You could've gone with Adam and Eve too but whatever.

Incest was a necessity. God ordained it in the OT, and made it a sin to later.
>>
>>690009040
You seem to not understand though
The things that seem very outlandish in the Bible or otherwise seemingly unrelated to God in the Bible could have very well been put in by the people who wrote it it's not hard to believe considering people from those times held similar beliefs, therefore they would have no problem believing those words were from God
I'm not saying the whole Bible is bad but there are parts that have clear indications of that authors current agenda
>>
>>690007053
The red words vs. what an fallible disciple wrote
>>
>>690009040
>the bible states that God is god and god wrote the bible that states that God is god.....
That's circular logic bruh.
I don't believe in putting someone down for their religion, but you need to defend your beliefs better.
>>
>>690006392
It's not really a sacrifice when you get to come back to life in a few days
>>
>>690009520
Not op good point though interested to see how he responds. But will say this without the bible anything is permissible
>>
>>690007328
Being gay isn't a sin. Acting out those feelings and lusting after anyone is a sin.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 583x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 583x630
Fat bitches
>>
>>690009040
You've heard of him now. Greydon Square is actually a really intelligent hip hop artist from Compton with a degree in theoretical physics. You should give him a listen and broaden your horizons. His work progresses from Atheistic hip hop to secular biological theoretics.
>>
>>690003343
are you stupid?
>>
>>690007335
This happened. Why do you think Luther pushed to have the original Latin and Greek versions translated into vernaculars.
>>
>>690009884
If aman lies down another man it's an abomination also sin
>>
>>690009954
Yes, he is
>>
>>690008297
ONLY IN MARRIAGE BETWEEN A MAN AND WOMAN is there to be attraction and physical action. Anything outside marriage is sin.
>>
>>690010093
Well that's all well and good for Aman but what about the rest of us
>>
>>690007869
what you call god is something represented by thousands of different names before it but is still the one true force behind everything in existence. it is consciousness and the relationship between you and the entire universe, a figure or object we use to bridge the sort of distance we experience from the universe as physical beings. God is essentially the energy making up everything surrounding us (matter) and is simultaneously the consciousness seeded within matter to experience itself. A sort of invisible hand in the mechanics of the universe that is omniscient and omnipresent. christians called it God and had physical representations of it in the Christ. Hinduism called it Brahma and had physical representations in several gods portrayed as aspects of the supreme godhead. Islam and Judaism also has the same core building blocks
Allah/Muhammad and so on with many others through time. "Not believeing" other ideologies at those core tenants is rather foolish my dude.
>>
>>690007441
>>690007441
>If God knows everything and he already knows who is and isn't going to hell is there such a thing as free will?
Knowing the outcome isn't the same as altering it. It's feel stuff man. That's why there are so many different types of Protestant churches. Church history is very interesting.
>You book also says God is unchanging so why is it ok to eat pork and wear mixed fabrics?
Jesus is the new covenant. He replaced those laws.
>>
>>690008419
Never.

Nobody deserves. All can believe and accept the free gift of eternal life by believing in God and admitting that you are a sinner.

>think

I know. I know because of the holy word of God. It is true. See above posts where I explained it
>>
>>690009559
And you're source is? Wishful thinking?
>>
>>690007489
>>690007489
>The bible states it. Are you saying God is wrong? That's a problem in itself.

Oh right, because the bible says its not wrong, so clearly its not wrong. So even if it condones things that are horrible and clearly wrong, its actually not, because... God...

>Just because you see something wrong with it, doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. You can't be your own God.

What, you mean I can't think for myself and make judgements based on basic human morality? So anything is only bad not because it causes pain and suffering to other human beings, but because a psychopathic dark-age sky fairy says it is? If the bible condoned abortion, would that make it automatically moral as well?
>>
>>690008466
See >>690005522
>>690005734
>>690005965
>>
>>690010521
but since jesus IS god, that means that god changed. but he's "unchanging"
>>
>>690003343
>>690000000
>>
>>690007509
Not OP but go to a modern church and seek help. You don't have to nor will the expect you to "convert". The will truly try to help you and show you that someone loves and cares about you.
>>
Wouldn't it make sense for "sins" to be painful or something? That way it's universally bad? I mean I love fucking so big bitches and obviously they live in sin (gluttony, lust, adultry) and the same for me. And the only thing we have is some crazy sounding people and an old book that says we're evil? Seems like God should be able to directly contact me if what I'm doing is so terrible... Being all powerful it would literally take him not time or energy at all
>>
>>690009559
That sounds fine and dandy but the word eternity is the game changer but.
>>
>>690010917
That's what the feeling of guilt is for
>>
>>690010683
He didn't say that's what hell is like. He asked if his idea sounded cool.
>>
>>690011059
Not everyone feels guilty for doing "sinful" things.
>>
>>690011059
Uhm I'm not feeling guilty I'm wondering why there isn't a magical sky daddy coming down and explaining the rules to his game he allegedly created...
>>
>>690009641
My religion is faith. I believe, but there is no physical evidence I can give you. "Here's GOD, I found him in my basement guys"

No. I believe in the bible because of the miracles it holds and the "coincidenceL if sixty six authors over a time of three thousand years writing about a topic freely and there not being one contradiction.
>>690009657
When did God say it had to specifically had to be a sacrificial offering? I realize he told him to kill his son, but there wasn't any comnotation or reason given. It was blind faith
>>
>>690010683
God loves his creations and I'd like to think he wouldn't want you to be in pain for forever.
>>
>>690008176
>context

Oh fuck here we go again with this bullshit...

Alright. I'm too lazy to explian to you why you're wrong, so I'll just give you another verse.
Numbers 5:11-31

If a man suspects that his pregnant wife's child is not his, he can take her to a priest and force her to have an abortion.

Give me some fucking context for that
>>
>>690011431
Because he's not real
>>
>>690007553
I took alot of courses in Hinduism/Indian history. Their notion of karma and the creation of the world explains what God is a little better. Imagine a supreme force or being in which everything that ever was or will be came from. In a sense everything is a part of God. Im not going to get into too much detail but it's a very interesting way of trying to grasping God. I'm still Christian.
>>
>>690011490
I was talking about Jesus' supposed sacrifice
>>
>>690009520
You're materialistic. Just because there's a reward? I don't need a reward for getting on 4chan and arguing

Sorry

Discussing with you guys about God. There's no direct reward greater than knowing treat I am pleasing the God that CREATED me. There doesn't have to be a reward. Many missionaries have gone into hostile areas only to share god's message and DIED trying to win souls. Thus died fighting a good fight and we're doing god's work.
>>
>>690011635
Obviously, but these crazy fuckers keep threatening me with hell based on schizophrenic delusions of bronze aged crazy people.
>>
>>690011585
It's fine because the priest did it
>>
>>690007757
Compare the countries of those who believe in other gods to that of the Abrahamic religons. The most advanced and successful have predominantly been abrahamic.
>>
>>690011940
So what if there is a god, but there is no heaven (or hell)? Would you still believe in god and follow the bible?
>>
>>690011940
So if god came down from heaven, said that there is no hell, there is no heaven, and a lifetime of faithful service will only make me happy, but i wont do anything for you, all the christ folllowers would stay the same?

Cause you didnt awnser my question
>>
>>690012307
Good point man, fuck me
>>
>>690012307
I'm going to say he wouldn't because if there is no heaven or hell then there is no point to any of their crazy shit.
>>
>>690007804
Not OP but you can follow Buddhism and still be a Christian. Assuming you dont hold Buddha divine.
>>
>>690003343
Do you honestly think these are "the last days"?

Like I am probably borderline (if not already) an apostate, and yet I continue to get nocturnal visions (dreams) of apocalyptic shenanigans, from falling stars, to earthquakes, to SURPRISE! volcanism. And the latter is actually funny, because I live nowhere near any active volcanoes. I've tried to pray, but then my prayers are always the awkward "Can you hear me? Am I still within your grace to come before your throne to ask of guidance?" and yet I feel like maybe this is all pointless, and there isn't anything except my own schizophrenic paranoia feeding my mind this bullshit.
>>
>>690011940
So your reward is converting 4chan to Christianity? Sorry to tell you, but no one here is going to care enough about what you say(even if you somehow manage to come up with something convincing) to be converted
>>
>>690003343
Do you believe in original sin?
>>
>>690003343
how come all Christians are complaining about the first amendment but don't realize it doesn't condone their religion
>>
>>690007921
Well the New Testament is about Jesus and what he thought. It was written by imperfect beings. If you follow what Jesus says you'll see a different picture. The only justifiable killing is in self defense or war.
>>
>>690003343
can i have a huge orgy with all the female angels?
>>
>>690012621
Your becoming a rational person. It's hard but giving up religious delusions was the best thing I've ever done.
>>
>>690012621
Don't worry it's just your schizophrenic mind feeding you bullshit
>>
>>690012942
>the bible is the infallible word of god
>the bible is flawed was written by imperfect humans

Pick one. You can't have both.
>>
>>690003343
If god was real he would be considered by me as a trophy class cunt.
What an asshole.
>>
>>690009562
Why can't it be true? Think of God as a clock maker. He built it, set it in motion, and knows exactly what it will do until the end of time. Most of America's founding fathers were Christian deists.
>>
>>690012307
>>690012428
Let's stay away from what ifs, because God is an unchanging God. Supposition is pointless to argue.

I'll entertain you though. Yeah, I would. Because at that point, what else is there to live for? Heck, what's better to live for now? I know there's a heaven and hell, but even if there weren't an outcome or result of my actions, I'd still want to please a God infinitely more powerful than myself.
>>
>>690009884
I'm not doubting that. Being attracted to men isn't a sin in and of itself. Acting or lusting based on that attraction are sins.
>>
>>690013349

Pink squirrels and gay rhinos created the universe... Why can't it be true?
>>
>>690013349
>Most of America's founding fathers were Christian deists

Right, that's why we have freedom of speech and freedom of religion! Even though... those go against the bible completely...
>>
>>690013583
wow you must be such an interesting person. Is your religion really all you have to live for?
>>
>>690013349
Clocks get rusty. Your example refutes itself, God HAS to be here. If he weren't, that would mean that society would go to hell and ruin, and there would be absolutely no order.

The flood is a good example. God "reset" the world because they were stubborn, and God basically wasn't an idea anymore.
>>
>>690003343
Why is your religion so murderous?
Your religion has murdered more people than Luis Garavito and Pedro Lopez
>>
>>690003343
Are taxes good in the eyes of god? Or would he prefer private charity?
>>
>>690013583
Bull-Shit. Nobody pleases someone just for the hell of it. If you want to get higher up in a job, you please your boss. If you want your dog to like you more, you please it. Fuck you and your denial.
>>
>>690013317
God doesn't have to have people write reviews bible. He cold have just placed it into existence. He wanted us to understand that even we as sinners, unworthy as we are, still have a connection to God in a very real way.
>>
>>690010812
What if the vengeful God in the old Testament was necessary to create the world for a savior to be born? God didn't change if you believe that he set in motion a series of events that led to Jesus.
Jesus is a separate entity but still a God. He is the son and God is the father.
>>
>>690013015
No
>>
>>690013583
>God is an unchanging God

Except when he isn't, like all of the countless times he changed his mind in the bible.. Or whenever he forgives sin..
>>
File: 879865416351..jpg (51 KB, 640x305) Image search: [Google]
879865416351..jpg
51 KB, 640x305
>>690003343
Your religion murdered more people then 9/11
How do you feel about your self now?
>>
File: 82a6d0770aea412.png (456 KB, 800x583) Image search: [Google]
82a6d0770aea412.png
456 KB, 800x583
>>690003343
When will you admit yourself to a mental institution? Anybody that believes in invisible magical sky creatures and talks to them is fucking WACKO.
>>
>>690012865
Explain original sin
>>
File: ABANDON THREAD.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ABANDON THREAD.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>
>>690003343
Can i ask Jesus what his side of the story was
>>
>>690003343
Can you prove that there is a god?
Do you have any substantial, empirical, evidence of said god?
>>
File: image.gif (745 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
745 KB, 250x141
Mmmmmmm big bitches
>>
>>690013046
Don't confuse giving up delusions for arrogance
>>
>>690005426
>I don't know how else to explain what this ancient books with ancient morals states therefore: God

There are coincidences and even though I acknowledge thaz the chance is very low it does not mean that there is a god. How do you come to that conclusion. To me that looks like the sad and pathetic try to explain something you cannot explain otherwise so you just make something up (god). Can you not live with knowing that there just are things you cannot understand because you are not intelligent enough? Oh yeah, i forgot; humans think they were the best... nevermind.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 260x179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 260x179
Moar
>>
How is it when a all knowing god creates the universe and everything, that when man and woman are on earth they fuck everything up. Mind you in the teachings God is infallible, can do no wrong. So why are we as humans being punished for original sin still if he is all knowing!? He should have for saw adam and eve fucking up correct? Why would he let that happen in the first place if God makes no mistakes? Mind you we are created in his image so no fuck ups should happen correct?
>>
>>690012621
They've been predicting the end of days since Jesus's resurrection.

Just pray man. It's not hard. God hears but doesn't answer like a conversation with a human. Come just as you are man. God loves you.
>>
>>690014088
No, they are the same in the christian faith god is one entity made up of three parts, and it makes the entire religion make even less sense than it would if they WERE all separate
>>
>>690003343
What is the gospel.
How does someone get to heaven.
>>
>>690014418
Oh I don't, I am open the the concept of a god but I don't actively believe and won't until I get good eveidence
>>
>>690003343

Where can I find a talking snake besides in the Bible? Why does the Bible say it's an abomination to eat shellfish...I mean grilled shrimp is fucking sweet.

Why did God create create people who were, by design, incapable of distinguishing right from wrong, and then punish them when a talking snake tricked them into eating magic fruit? Why was it their fault? I mean it says right there they couldn't tell good from evil, right?

Why do the gospels disagree about myriad details? Why did so many of the people who spread over the Earth post-flood forget to bring horses, the wheel or agriculture with them?
>>
>>690013015
I imagine so. That don't call it paradise for no reason.
>>
>>690013792
You have no idea of what I'm talking about, simply because you haven't even tried it. Serving God is my life.
>>
>>690003343
What do you think about the fact that we are determined because god is omnipotent?

What do you think about the fact that therefore there are people that are doomed to go to hell because god knows whether those people will accept him?
>>
>>690013952
What is god's, give to God. What is caesar's, give to Caesar.

Jesus to the Jews when they asked him about paying tax and offering
>>
>>690013317
>What God and/or Jesus said
vs
>An imperfect human's commentary on what God meant
>>
>>690014888
Because if god does exist, then he is a massive fucking retard
>>
>>690014156
>countless times

Give me one

>forgives sin

It's not changing his mind... It's forgiving someone of their sin. That makes no sense.
>>
>>690011585
If you're going to ask for context I'll give it to you. It's not like the guy just "suspects that she cheated on him and forces her to have an abortion, it's left up to god. If a man suspects anything, they bring a woman to the priest who gives her a mixture which, if she did cheat on the guy, will cause her to have a miscarriage, and if she didn't cheat on him, she'll be fine and she'll be able to have kids. They say a prayer and wait. The punishment for sin is death and this is just another example of how that was a pillar of the Israelite faith. God gave his son to die so we wouldn't have to do stuff like this any more
>>
File: image.png (156 KB, 449x288) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156 KB, 449x288
Fatties
>>
>>690014372
My proof of God is the bible. See above
>>
>>690013349
There is no free will in that system which christians really like to emphasize when they talk about their religion. Garden Eden just doesn't work then
>>
>>690015000
But in the context of the hypothetical you get literally nothing out of worshipping him, and it's not like it's a fun thing to do. so you're just wasting time that could be better spent doing literally anything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 260x179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 260x179
God is a pussy
>>
>>690015457
your crappy book doesn't prove anything.
>>
File: 98746513210.jpg (24 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
98746513210.jpg
24 KB, 900x600
If Jesus was a woman how many of her apostles would have developed necrophilia in the tomb in which they took him to rest after crucifixion?
>>
>>690015645
>it isn't a fun thing to do

It's literally the reason I exist. Why wouldn't I think it's the most amazing thing
>>
>>690015951
>>690015951
3? maybe 4?
>>
>>690015951
Jesus wasn't a woman. Troll question is troll
>>
File: 86541351.png (140 KB, 400x234) Image search: [Google]
86541351.png
140 KB, 400x234
>>690015775
SECOND!!
>>
>>690015918
Why wouldn't it? Since you seem to know about it, tell me what it doesn't prove. You can't discuss something you haven't experienced.
>>
>>690016025
Good job wasting your one and only existence joining in on the big Jesus circle jerk. Wouldn't God want you go out and experience his world and worship his nature and creation? Assuming he's real?
>>
>>690013772
>>Most of America's founding fathers were Christian deists
>Right, that's why we have freedom of speech and freedom of religion! Even though... those go against the bible completely...

You really don't understand American history. Here's your crash course:
Europe fought several wars and nations did not give its citizens a choice over what type of Christian you should be. To cease the infighting, the founders wanted to form a new nation where people could practice Christianity as they saw fit. They did not envision a nation with multiple religons as it is today. However, many of the founders were Freemasons. Freemasonry respects all religions. The founders wanted a new nation that would be welcoming to all faiths, if and when they migrated to America.

Freedom of speech is a God given right. It was given its own amendment to force the government to make sure that the right was protected.
>>
>>690016145
>>690015775
There will come a day you'll regret this. Laugh now. Please repent.. You're making a mistake.
>>
>>690016025
Are you a but an automaton who's sole purpose is to worship an entirely uninvolved god? If the entire reason you live is to worship your god, then you may as well not be alive at all.
>>
>>690016507

No, in the bible doubting Thomas got his proof of god I deserve the same proof assuming he's even real.
>>
>>690013846
>>>690013349 (You)
>Clocks get rusty. Your example refutes itself, God HAS to be here. If he weren't, that would mean that society would go to hell and ruin, and there would be absolutely no order.
God is perfect. The clock he built was perfect. He built it to do exactly what was planed until the end of time. Not once did I say God "left"

>The flood is a good example. God "reset" the world because they were stubborn, and God basically wasn't an idea anymore.
What if he had the foresight to build the clock to flood the earth exactly when he needed it to? We're talking about an omnipotent and omnipresent being.
>>
>>690016277
How would having a book that says god exists prove that he exists?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 183x275
Christian women...
>>
fellow Christian fag here
Just letting you know that it is shit like this that makes people think that Christians are abrasive, close-minded assholes. As far as I understand a huge part of believing in God is personal revelation. This shit right here just serves to further harden the hearts of people who might someday recognize the hand of God
>>
>>690013952
He wants both
>>
>>690017152
>>690017152
ewww
>>
>am not opie
>moderate christian, but raised baptist
>open to questioning my faith
>>690003343
ok something for people in this thread. one thing that is essential to consider when evaluating the bible is that we, as humans, have had different covenants with god along the way.

>the first covenant
adam and eve, created to enjoy all of creation - dont eat the fruit from this one tree
(spoiler) they ate the fruit. covenant over.

we get sent out into the wilderness to fend for ourselves, away from god's grace. we thrive in evil, being sinful creatures (see cane and abel, etc). God sees our shit, and finds out there's still one chill dude, Noah. God nukes earth via flood and promises never to flood the earth again

>second covenant is that earth will never be kill by flood

fast forward a few kids, and abraham is here. Abraham is basically the shit, and god promises to make a nation out of him. His kids became the nation of israel, and all jews trace their heritage back to them. These are god's chosen people, and god is actively leading them through prophets and judges. Later, kings. At any rate, God gave Moses the law, and those were rules to follow to get in heaven. This is all old testament, and the third covenant with god.

>third covenant=mosaic covenant, the one under the law

but we couldn't follow that either, and needed an ultimate sacrifice. The reason for sacrifices is because god is totally pure, and cannot exist with sin. the sacrifices absolve sin. so perfect sacrifice = total absolution. total sacrifice = god himself. so he sends his 'son' (re:also him, in human form, could also interpret it as his human nature) to die to absolve our sins. this is the current covenant we are in

>covenant four: jesus. we believe that he died for our sins, accept the gift of god, and confess him as our true god, and our sins are already absolved.

if i missed something, or if you have questions, feel free to ask. i'll be up for a while still.
>>
>>690017184
OP

explain how I've once been abrasive in this thread and tried to be judgemental. I've done nothing but exposed god to anyone willing to hear
>>
Do you personally hate gays?
If they attend church and beg for forgiveness what do you think would happen
>>
>>690017358
>samefag

>>690004791
the old testament can also be viewed as 'setting the stage' for the coming of christ. Since we broke the first covenant with God, by his grace he gave us a system to follow to justify ourselves, knowing that we would fail. It would take a perfect sacrifice to restore our status with God, which is why he sent christ to die on the cross.
>why not just send jesus first
a huge theme in the OT is the repeated failure by jews and then the return to God by following the prophet's teachings. What that shows is that we were for whatever reason not yet ready to accept grace. That's my best explanation of the OT
>>690005460
No. God's grace is given to everyone. Even if you interpret parts of the new testament to enlist faggotry as a sin, guess what - we're all sinners. If God can love a sinner like me when i fap to shit on /b/, he can love fags.

>>690006467
short answer is yes. The pope, among others, agree. we all sin, and Jesus' sacrifice nullifies those sins, period. the long answer is that theoretically, IF you consider homosexuality a sin, then that sin will start to be purged from your life vis a vis the holy spirit once you accept salvation, along with other sins. This comes from fruits of the spirit, during your development of a relationship with god. Personally, I don't think homosexuality is a sin, unless it becomes a larger focus than your focus on god. this is what i think happened with sodom and gomorrah [sp?]. THey got so caught up in physical desires that they lost sight of god completely.

>>690007335
IF the bible is god's word, and IF god is all powerful, then SURELY he would be powerful enough to protect his own word?
>thats the answer they tell u at church
>not 100% i buy it

>>690007670
anyone who's been with a preacher's daughter, knoooooows

>>690007804
purely as a moral code, I think Buddhism is probably better

>>690008248
Because Noah and co were the only ones on earth, then yes. This was before the mosaic covenant
>>
desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~desu~
>>
>>690014372
Faith my friend. Its irrational and cannot be boxed into science. You either believe or you don't.
>>
>>690017358
I'm OP, I agree with this dude.
>>
>>690017391
TBH you are better than most of the stuff I have seen Christians pull but you have to understand that not only is this the exact opposite of a conducive environment for missionary work, but people are just naturally repulsed by people wanting to have a revelation forced on them
>>
>>690017557
Was answered earlier. See above
>>
>>690014873
The only evidence outside of the Bible is love.
>>
>>690003343
I appreciate people being willing to come here and answer questions like this. Good on you and God bless
>>
>>690003343
If God is all-seeing, all-knowing and all-powerful, then why does he let bad shit happen to people people who didn't deserve it?
>>
>>690017557
Obviously they will burn in hell for all eternity hopefully revcieveing hot iron in the ass hourly since they are such an abomination before the lord Jesus Christ put lord and savior.
>>
>>690018009
so there isn't any
>>
>>690016507
they're lost souls man 4chan is full of edgy cringey ignorant close minded atheists. but i am proud of you brother for making this thread.
>>
>>690017859
Well I'd certainly hope so, I'm a Christian apologetics doctorate. I've done this as a little self research, and I am thoroughly convinced now that America (and the world) is totally unwilling and stone-hearted to hearing the Word of God. I have prayed for my entire life this wouldn't happen... It's a shame I have to watch this generation reject God.
>>
>>690015586
Knowing the outcome =/= direct intervention.
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. All that matters is that this a God. His son is Jesus. Jesus is the savior of our sins.
The rest is just semantics.
>>
Do you believe god was "just there" in the beginning?
>>
>>690018556
"this generation" is just less gullible than yours and the ones that came before
>>
>>690018543
I certainly look forward to seeing you soon. I'm hoping at least one person could have gotten something out of this thread.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.