[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys had experience hunting? What do you feel when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9
File: red-squirrel.jpg (68 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
red-squirrel.jpg
68 KB, 600x400
Have you guys had experience hunting? What do you feel when you take another mammal's life?

I just blasted a squirrel off of the bird feeder with my .177 pellet fun.

I got him right in the midsection with a hollow point and he kicked with all legs pointing in the air, as if he was trying to run upside down.

I loaded another in the champer and aimed for his head, instead hitting his neck in my rush to put him out of his misery. It went through the part where his back jaw meets his neck and ripped through the other side. Blood gushed out of his mouth and the kicking stopped.

I felt bad killing the little dude, but there is also another weird type of excited I felt. Like a dark primal urge being satisfied.

Anyone else experience this?

Pic related.
>>
File: orange is the new red.jpg (37 KB, 262x384) Image search: [Google]
orange is the new red.jpg
37 KB, 262x384
>>689803440

no I don't hunt.

I'm not a closeted gay cowboy wannabe who dresses like a pumpkin and listened to faggy country music.
>>
>>689803726
>this is what city dwelling nu-males actually believe

You don't know anything about life in the woods. sometimes you have to kill pests.
>>
>>689803890
>You don't know anything about life in the woods

yes I do I live in the boons out in Washington faggola
>>
>>689804204
Then you should know that killing pests is required sometimes. We have a garden and that little nig was eating our tomatoes and all our birdseed. It's literally a tree rat.
>>
>>689804350

Just the whole culture of hunting is pretty horrendous. I've gone hunting. Bunch of unfunny middle aged racist idiots who are completely ball-and-chained to their fat ugly wives but talk a big game because that's their only emotional release for the cuckoldome.

Ted Nugent is a fag.
>>
>>689804819
>only middle aged married men hunt

I guess Washington is full of fags. Hunting is a part of manhood and has been for 99.9% of history. I'm not a redneck, I'm a college educated mental health professional who loves nature, but also appreciates the need to feed the savage predatory ape inside of every man.
>>
>>689805319

Now it's not relevant. Now it's just for weirdos.

>inb4 speech about how that's why society is shit now
>>
>>689805779
It's not just for weirdos, it's a pretty common thing. I bet you eat meat and unironically bash me for killing and eating creatures from the forest.
>>
>>689805779
Actually it is.

It fulfills our natural role as predators, which is why it feels so goddamned good to kill something.

>inb4 muh culture and society
>inb4 we've moved on from such brutality
>>
>>689803440
I dont mind hunting, most times hunters are helping the population of the animal they kill. You know, you kill a large, older moose/bear/deer because they kill all the smaller males during mating seasons. Bears even eat cubs, if they're big enough to chase off the female that is.
Shit, even african hunters are paying LOADS of money to kill an old animal that's would do more harm then good if left alive. They pretty much pay money to a wild life conservation while feeding a whole starving village. If they didnt let people pay to hunt animals, the state would have to pay people to kill off all the old, dangerous males anyway.
>>
>>689806555
By "african hunters" i meant people who go to africa to hunt, not just hunters from africa.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 200x194
>>689803440
that isn't hunting you giant fucking faggot. shooting something like a squirrel with a pellet gun is just a school shooter in progress on an average day. try shooting a real gun at something your own size, something that if you fuck up is gonna tear you limb from limb. go hunt a bear or some shit, pussy. no balls. maybe if you can bag a buck your dad won't beat you with a wooden spoon later.
>>
>>689803890
>implying a squirrel is a pest
>>
>>689807615
>school shooter

Maybe I'm too old for /b/.
>>
>>689807741
Literally tree rats that eat my tomatoes.
>>
>>689803440
Oh, yea, what you did would be okay if you killed it in one shot, then skinned it, ate everything that was edible then composted the rest. Come back when you have a brand new squirl hat/bath mat.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 613x920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 613x920
>>689807787
its summer, what did you expect. faggot op expressed remorse for killing the squirrel, that's a dead giveaway.
>>
>>689803440
I only hunt for food. There is no edgy desire to kill. I use a mosin nagant to hunt white tails.
>>
>>689808071
Too be fair, I'm pretty sure he was dead by the time I shot him the second time. A heart shot kills within seconds and kicking happens every time. I just always give a headshot for good measure.

>>689808158
I'm Op and I'm actually 24. With age I've begun feeling sympathy for these creatures. When I was a teen I could kill them without feeling anything but excitement.
>>
>>689808227
It wasn't an edgy desire to kill, he was eating my tomatoes. I didn't decide to feel amped up after killing it, it was unconscious.
>>
>>689808576
Conscious or unconscious doesn't make a difference as to whether it's a desire or not.
>>
>>689808970
I'd argue that the instinct to kill animals is real and in almost every man. It kept our ancestors alive and it didn't just disappear because we don't need it. Don't act like a feeling of accomplishment doesn't hit you when you track down and kill a deer.
>>
I blast raccoons/woodchucks/skunks/possums/coyotes whenever I see them just because I don't want them around my house. I don't feel a thing when I kill them as long as they die fast. Love getting in some practice with my 45. Go deer hunting if I'm hungry for venison sometimes
>>
>>689809325
Instinct, accomplishment, and desire are all different things. What point are you trying to make?
>>
>>689809652
You can have an instinct to accomplish a successful hunt that feeds a desire to repeat that process, not mutually exclusive, I would argue they're completely intertwined.
>>
Yes, I hunt.

I grew up shooting things like robins and squirrels with BB guns because I was immature and didn't think about the fact that I was killing things senselessly. Then I wound up learning how to actually hunt (friends showed me) and have done it consistently since 2006. In 2015, my family went through a really tough time, and I was able to provide for everybody with my 10+ years of hunting experience.

Also, for those of you guys who don't know, the meat is way better, tastes way better, and is definitely way better for your body. In fact, I'm having groundhog tomorrow.
>>
>>689809652
Don't you find that this sense of accomplishment feels unique?

>>689809559
I don't know if I could kill a coyote outside of defense of myself or dogs. I love canines and I would hate to kill one.
>>
>>689809652
All of those things come together when you go hunting and are successful. It's like landing a kick flip when you've been trying for years.
>>
>>689810149
What does groundhog and squirrel taste like? Tomorrow I have the day off, I'm going to try and nab one or a rabbit and learn how to clean and eat one.
>>
>>689810149
Rabbit not squirrel*
>>
>>689810248
Exactly why I kill coyotes. They attack other dogs out where I live and I have a chihuahua. Yes chihuahuas are gay but he's cool I guess
>>
>>689810656
Yeah man, if any coyote was a threat to my dogs I would murder that fucker in a second. Though I really like having our local pack around just for the howling at night.
>>
>>689803440
i only hunt if i eat or if its a vermin like a coyote or crow i stopped killing things that i wasnt going to consume or pester me and my animals
>>
>>689811119
Yeah man, around 18 or so I started feeling bad for killing animals. I need a reason to do it now or else I feel pretty shitty,
>>
>>689810940
The howling is pretty cool indeed. It's crazy how aggressive they've been getting towards dogs in my area though. My neighbor had his dog dragged away by one and he never found it, and I read in the local paper that one grabbed a lady's dog while she was walking it. Crazy shit
>>
>>689808227
poor fag a savage axis or any other budget rifle than one of those man get a savage axis or ruger amdrican in 308 youll find ammo alot easier or a 243 if your a good shot
>>
I hunt avidly for just about everything that you can eat in NY. Bears, squirrels, deer, rabbits, pheasant, turkey, etc. It gets you closer to nature, closer to yourself, and closer to the food that you're eating. I don't feel much of anything when I kill something. I shot two deer on the opening day of deer season this year, and the only thing I thought of is that dragging them back to the truck is going to be an ordeal.
>>
>>689811246
thats around the age i stopped i killed a squirrel with a 22 mag thing was ripped in half i felt shitty as fuck so i just gsve what was left of him to my dog no need for pointless death
>>
>>689811744
How long did it take you to learn to clean an animal? I'm not a dumbass and have the whole day tomorrow to work on it.
>>
>>689811897
Normally I find that any body I killed was gone by morning, I assume foxes and coyotes were the cleanup crew.
>>
>>689811979
It really only takes maybe 10-15 minutes to field dress a deer neatly, and the right way. I always bury the entrails as well. Just take your time and make sure not to cut the bladder, or anything related to the digestive system. You don't want to ruin any meat!
>>
I like shooting at animal dummies with my bow out in the woods but where I live if you want to hunt you're either gonna have to own a shitload of land or basically buy the animal you're hunting, which I think takes away the entire point
>>
>>689812309
Fuck yeah man thank you. How long did it take you to learn? I'm decently knowledgeable about nature, biology and anatomy, do you think I could youtube that shit and learn in one day tomorrow? Sounds like you basically just skin it, take the digestive system and organs out, then cut the meat out.
>>
>>689811621
I use a finnish mosin remake, it's not as cheap as you'd think.
>>
>>689810328
I don't have any desire to kill when I hunt.
>>
>>689810248
The sense of accomplishment is not unique.
>>
>>689813723
Interesting, you've heard that people often feel more than that right?
>>
>>689813362
Not him but it's not hard to Learn, look up a video on proper skinning technique, one on how to remove the goop and one on how to cut the meat properly and you're golden
>>
>>689810035
Nobody said they were mutually exclusive.
>>
>>689813785
Feel more in what sense?
>>
>>689813870
It's probably easier to learn from a butcher in person than from a book or video, since an animal may not match what's in the book/video.
>>
>>689813880
If you're the same guy I was replying to, he implied that these feelings were exclusive.

>>689813870
Nice man I'm getting on that now.

>>689814052
Like a primal feeling. I'm definitely not the only dude who has experienced this.
>>
>>689807741

They are known to cause so much fucking damage. A good friend of mine had half his house burn down because one of these pieces of shit decided to chew through electrical lines.
>>
>>689814344
>implying
>>
>>689813362
Had a long ass reply typed and then closed the page by accident. I grew up in a poor family so I learned really early. There is a learning curve though. You should be OK with YouTube videos as long as you pay attention.
>>
>>689814433
Yeah man, I've heard tons of stories of red squirrels or something wrecking attics
>>
>>689814344
Primal feeling sounds like an excuse for being an edgelord
>>
File: chug.gif (3 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
chug.gif
3 MB, 240x135
>>689803440
Same feelz.
Same animalz

I deep fried it and ate it out of repect
>>
I hunt for food and pest control. When I hunt bigger game like elk and deer I feel a bit of remorse right after I kill the animal. This remorse is immediately followed by a feeling of accomplishment and pride knowing I can provide for my family and proud of the work it took to get the game. Small pest though I don't get this feeling though, it's just a feeling of this needs to be done since they are causing issues when it comes to pest.
>>
>>689803440
Isn't it great? And then you get to eat the fucker too.
>>
>>689814910
Let me frame it differently.

Have you ever seen how amped a dog gets when he catches a frog or a mouse? It's not dissimilar to the feeling you get when you seduce some chick after a while of spitting game, not unlike how DMX feels in every song.

I don't know man, I refrain from using the word edgelord because it's a convenient excuse for people to write off any passion or thirst for life as something ridiculous.
>>
>>689814950
RIP in peace
>>
>>689803440
squirrels are pests anyway so don't feel bad. the largest animal I put down was a coyote, so I've never done any real hunting. My uncle would pay my brother and I to "clean up" the raccoon and opossum population in his orchard. sit in the middle of his orange grove with bait set out waiting for those fuckers to show up. we also had traps set out all throughout the land. we'd massacre those fuckers during the summer and it was probably some of the best fun i've had as a kid. i never felt bad because those fuckers cause a lot of damage to orchards plus they would break into the chicken coups and kill tons of hens. We had to kill them.
>>
>>689803440
>>689814950
>hollowpoint
Also, I used a 1000fps pellet gun at 30m and hit it square in the heart. It didn't suffer one bit you pussy.
>>
>>689804819
i know what you mean. i've lived off the land and have also been hunting with buddies. there is a big difference between the two.
>>
>>689805319
maybe if are hunting to feed a family, sure, thats manly as fuck. if you're just killing deer for the good cuts of meat and antlers, then tossin the rest, thats when hunting turns into faggotry.
>>
File: RIPsquirrel.jpg (253 KB, 3000x1397) Image search: [Google]
RIPsquirrel.jpg
253 KB, 3000x1397
>>689815583
They were these pellets, I'd say it qualifies as a type of hollowpoint.

He lived for at least a few seconds and I'm sure that shit hurt. Especially because the one I used is 600 fps and not 1000
>>
>>689815946
I was pest killing so it wasn't just for the fun of it.
>>
>>689803440
>feels big and satisfied for killing a tiny rodent
c'mon, faggot. at least go hunt something big with a knife.
>>
>>689803440

I used to go duck hunting with my father. Nothing like waking up at 3am to be cold, wet and bored. All for pathetically small morsels of underwhelming meat.
>>
>>689816280
Name me a single wild animal that you can catch on foot and kill with a knife.
>>
>>689816280
That you can find in a New England forest.
>>
>>689816630
Pre-schoolers
>>
Been an outdoorsman since I was a kid but didn't get into hunting until recently. I love it. Gets me out of the house and away from all the stress in my life. Let's me spend my day in the woods and I have to say nothing is more peaceful to me than listening to the sounds of the forest on a crisp autumn morning. Birds chirping, rustling of leaves, squirrels talking to each other, and the sounds of the wind. The adrenaline of raising your shotgun or rifle to take a shot on game is unlike anything I've experienced. I've learned to respect wildlife and nature more from it. It gives me the opportunity to get a meal in a more traditional way, access to much healthier meat than at the store, and still gives the animal a fair chance. Would rate 10/10 will do for rest of life and pass on to kids.
>>
>>689816630

Man.
>>
>>689816630
Wild pig.
>>
File: muhtrees.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
muhtrees.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
>>689817066
>that you can find in a New England forest
>>
>>689816630
Armadillo
>>
File: NE.jpg (415 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
NE.jpg
415 KB, 1000x750
>>689817383
>that you can find in a New England forest
>>
>>689816630
Rabbit, bever, nutria, gater, geese, ducks, cats,dogs, lungfish, opossum.....
>>
>>689816935
I totally agree with you and I feel bad for dudes who never get into this. Without it I'd be missing a big part of myself.
>>
>>689817749
Rabbits are way too fucking fast, beavers and nutria are waterborne and stabbing is hard in water, you might have something going with geese though.
>>
>>689817749
I think the fact that Canadian geese are so ballsy and have the confrontation instincts of a frat boy means they'd be pretty easy to get within melee range of.
>>
>>689816630
Any animal that doesn't live in a burrow, though it may take awhile and you will need good tracking skills. Man's greatest hunting assets are his upright body and lack of fur which grant amazing stamina. Most animals are great at a short sprint but they overheat very quickly. If you chase, track, chase, track, chase you will eventually find your prey exhausted. I'd go with a spear for a weapon, though. A knife is too close quarters.
>>
>>689817066
Wild pigs will fuck you up
>>
>>689818137
Lol I also love that David Attenborough bit.

That's better in Africa where it's flat plains to run on, deer have an advantage in a hilly and root criss-crossed forest.

>>689818250
Nothing to do with intelligence, I'd argue that some of the most intelligent people are savage and unfeeling monsters. this also isn't to an extreme. I still felt bad for the little bastard.
>>
>>689817823
It's a bit funny how going out to try and get your harvest turns more into a sort of meditation. I've gotten so lost in the ambience of the forest that I didn't even notice a spikey that had wandered 30 yards in front of me. When I noticed he was there I just watched him until he went on his way.
>>
>>689817945
Um no. You can throw a knife at a rabbit. You pin a nutria or bever and cut its throat get off and wait. You swim up under ducks and geese and pull them under by their feet and wrench their necks or cut the head off.
>>
>>689818449
>Lol I also love that David Attenborough bit.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.