[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /b/ law fags, So i live in Australia, i was working the other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
Hey /b/ law fags,
So i live in Australia, i was working the other day and had been in and out of a house setting us communications gear and i went back inside to finish the job and a very large German Shepard pushed open the front door and tore my leg up bad, i was in hospital for 3 days and im on workers comp atm, can i sue the guy who let his dog out??

picture related
>>
>>689720614
Ofcourse you can!
>>
>>689720614
yes you can fucking damn
do it kek
Also ask for the dog to get rekt
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 1000x666
>>689720614
Living the high life on the comp
>>
>>689720614
I'd be disappointed if you didn't
>>
>>689720614
Gee I wonder?

Yes.

Remember to also add psychological shit to your claim, like counseling (you HAVE a fear of dogs now)
>>
Compo bro
>>
You a contractor with an ABN or an employee of another company?
>>
are you in NSW? can give advice if so
>>
>>689720614
Okay play it smart. Ausfag here. Confront the guy about it and ask him to pay you compensation. If he refuses tell him you'll report it and they'll have to destroy his dog so he either pays you and you leave it alone or you report it and he loses his dog and you sue him for money. If my dog attacked someone and they did that, I'd pay them out. I love my dogs.
>>
Aus law fag here. So you want to look into tort law and specifically negligence tort law. You have to prove 3 things to be successful. Does he owe you a duty of care, did he breach that duty of care, did he damage you in any way and were you a contributor to the damages. Courts is going to want to know if he took reasonable steps to prevent his dog from attacking you and if the attack could have been foreseeable in the situation you were in.
>>
>>689721722
'destroy' the dog

It's not a robot mate haha
>>
File: 1439416205050.jpg (42 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
1439416205050.jpg
42 KB, 569x428
>>689720614
yes you can sue the guy for damages/psychological trauma. get the details , visit a lawyer with a no win = no fee to state your case. Profit ??
>>
>>689721845
>I have a fence around my property the dog is trained to stay in, and he was provoked.

There's your con neg.
>>
>>689722100
you'd hardly get anything beyond causing the owner a headache. It's a puncture wound with medicare footing the bill. 3 days of economic loss by the sound of it, so it's NCAT level shit.
>>
The question is... WHO LET THE DOG OUT?
WHO? WHO? WHO? WHO?
>>
>>689721863
Legal terms
>>
>>689720858
This
>>
>>689722129
Yeah so did anyone provoke the dog? Can he prove it? Let you in on a secret. The courts whenever possibly try to side with the aggrieved party. If terms are ambiguous, the follow what's called contra preforentem. Means side against the protected party. Damages are going to be awarded in the area of where you would be if the negligence did not happen. Get pain and suffering out of your head. That is an American thing. You would be looking at lost wages, medical bills. That sort of shit.
>>
File: 21.jpg (17 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
17 KB, 620x348
>>689720614
Suck it up pussy. This is Australia.
>>
>>689720614
You can sue anybody for anything. Whether you can WIN is another question.
>>
>>689722698
If it happened while OP was working lost wages are covered by workers compensation, as is medical bills. There's no damages to pay in this instance.

Also, pain and suffering isn't just an American thing. Some statutory schemes use it as a measure.
>>
>>689720614
It's "Pussy foot" er leg....
>>
>>689722345
Phone.
>>
>>689720614
Just count yourself lucky he was not venomous like every fucking thing else in your benighted country.
>>
>>689723122
But who was Phone?
>>
File: edgar 5.jpg (40 KB, 355x417) Image search: [Google]
edgar 5.jpg
40 KB, 355x417
>>689722847
waiting for a mate?
>>
dude dont be a fucking asshole about it faggot, oh the dog bit u just deal with it gaylord
>>
File: fuck off seppo.jpg (23 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
fuck off seppo.jpg
23 KB, 540x960
>>689723327
git out
>>
>>689723033
Checked.
Yeah but it's really difficult to have awarded. Your thinking about damages awarded in contract law when the consideration is in pursuit of leisure based performance. Like if you pay for a holiday and it's nothing like the advertisement you can get your money back plus damages for distress and disappointment. Think Baltic Shipping v Dillon.
>>
File: 21.jpg (21 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
21 KB, 299x300
>>689723327
>>
>>689722210

this is the only accurate advice in the thread.

course if you went to the council and informed them they'd at least slap a dangerous dog notice on the owner, or have it destroyed if this isn't the first incident. I suppose you could bail the owner up and ask for cash (or maybe a carton of beer) but beyond that it's more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>689720614

Just hire a grimy Jew lawyer. It has to be a jew. Going to be expensive as fuck because it is a jew. You can sue anybody down to the socks if you have a filthy conniving judaic lawyer on your side.

Heil Judea
>>
>>689720858
/thread
>>
>>689720614
donèt know about in australia but here they would just kill the dog.. pretty fucked
>>
>>689721722
Why not both get compensation AND have the dog euthanized? This rabid dog needs to die.
>>
>>689723447
I'm with you, it's just that I wouldn't bother personally. What are you going to get? Time in court when you could be working and a legal bill. All wrapped up with the feeling of being the dick that sued a guy over a dog bite? No thanks.
>>
>>689721722
this, while the dog was a fucking muppet to attack you, as is the owner for letting it happen, it might be better because theyll pay more knowing they get to keep their dog.
>>
>>689723748
This lol. Just make sure there's no evidence of any talks with him or of any transaction.
>>
>>689722847
australian_shitposting.jpg
>>
>>689722847
Out on the patio we’d sit,
And the humidity we’d breathe,
We watch the dog's teeth crack open tradie skin
Laugh and think, this is Australia
>>
>>689723579
Old cunt and his ugly wife were walking the German shepherd past my property. Off the lead. Fucking dog came into my property and attacked my dog. Had it in its mouth. Only Let go when I kicked the shit out of it with my steel caps. Cunt wouldn't give me his details so I could rush my dog to the vet to check for internal bleeding. I followed the cunt down the street and rang the ranger. Ranger did not one fucking this. Gave them a and I quote 'stern talking to'. Only thing you can do is either try run that fucking dog over or poison it
>>
>>689724317
Fuck it must be the Australia Day fireworks for that song to be playing.
>>
>>689724559
song makes me want to sink tins and shout at chicks that walk by
>>
>>689721863
Im sorry anon, but do you have any proof to back up this claim?
>>
>>689724682
Yeah or get into a fight on the south Perth foreshore
>>
OP here, so im on compo atm, i work for a large company and thet have sorted out all my compo claim stuff, but i want cash dollars off the cunt. He didnt even tell me there was a dog and didnt let me know he was letting him out, 4 hours of surgery. Nothing permanent but yeah still is fucked up, i want money off him. i think a lawyer is the way to go
>>
>>689724926
haha fuck yeah
that big ass grassy area next to the ferry spot
I always want to coathanger the cyclists that go along there
>>
Yes you can and should sue the shit out of the person if you know whose dog it is, However due to you asking such a stupid question on 4chan of all places i expect you are feeling guilty about it and no doubt were tormenting the dog so before you go fuck up the cunt whose dog that is make sure you bribe your friends to not rat on you for making a bogus claim other wise get a good look at your leg because that is what your anus will look like.
>>
>>689724847
Yeah i have heaps of proof, witnesses, my boss, the owner and owner admitted to it when ranger and cop got there
>>
>>689725053
Again OP Auslaw fag here. Before you waste your money on a lawyer Google negligence tort law and see what your chances are. It's civil law not criminal law and your chances of getting a big ou out are slim to fuck all
>>
>>689725129
Nah i was just doing my job, didnt see the dog before the attack, i just know you guys are good for information without risking a case by osting anything on facebook. its all above board an im just trying to get everything sorted
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.