[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
havnt seen such a good movie like this in a long time. this is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: conjuring.jpg (242 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
conjuring.jpg
242 KB, 1200x600
havnt seen such a good movie like this in a long time.
this is how a scary movie is done folks.

why is james wan the greatest director of all time? ive loved every single one of his movies. the strange angles, the long ass scene that dont jump around. perfect jump scares. creepy ass scares that last minutes on screen.

10/10 movie, better than the first conjuring.
>>
Summer
>>
A few good jump scares but mostly a set up for other related movies to come.
Watch out for The Crooked Man in a year or so.
>>
>>689482853
I thought it was decent , could have been better but worse aswell. The humour n crooked man didn't exactly help.
>>
>>689483482
god damn the crooked man was so fucking cool.
and i loved how the movie excluded the old ass cliche of nothing happening when people go to investigate.

i thought it was great how the mom and even police witness shit go down. lol even the neighbors saw some shit
>>
>>689483695
my friend also thought crooked man was funny. but i dont see it. i thought he was straight up creepy as fuck.
>>
>>689482853
I havent seen it but i have seen the trailer, what im wondering is, why is marilyn manson dressed as a nun in that mirror scene?
>>
>>689484592
the nun is a demon who has taken a blasphemous form in order to attack the faith of lorraine warren (Female protagonist)

it looks like marylin manson cuz the dude looks scary man. have you seen that nigger?
>>
>>689485258
Obviously ive seen him, hiwelse would i know the demon looks like him.
>>
>>689485790
can you not put it together then?

its obvious there might be some similarities.
>>
are you kidding ?
This shit sucked so much, cringe at moments, a movie for faggots like all of you

waste of money.
>>
>>689486444
why didnt you like it? which moments made you cringe?
also, are you capable of conversing like a human being or am i wasting my time asking you questions?
>>
>>689487032
>Human being
>he's on /b/
>newfags
>>
>>689487406
>>689487406
thought so.
>>
File: NMN73lp.jpg (65 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
NMN73lp.jpg
65 KB, 720x690
>>689482853
I'd rather go to a gay nightclub and get shot at than go see the Conjuring 2
>>
HEY I LIKED IT TOO, BUT IT BOTHER ME TO HELL LOL NO PUN INTENDED
WHY DOES THE LIGHTING STRIKE CAME FROM HEAVEN? WASNT IT AN ACT OF EVIL? IF IT COMES FROM HEAVEN IS GOD THE BAD GUY?

OR GOD SENDED THE LIGHTING STRIKE SO THUS HE CONTROLLED LORRAINE ALL ALONG WITH VISIONS SO THAT SHE ACTED ON THAT MOMENT?

ITS FUCKING CRAZY WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO IMPLY WITH THAT SCENE? WHY LIGHTING AN NOT THE DEMON POWER BREAKING THE TREE?
>>
>>689488798
cuz lightning makes more sense and its just a movie.

if you go to an art exhibit and pick out all the things you think are wrong with a painting, you will never enjoy the art.

look at the painting for what it is, and enjoy the parts you do like.
>>
lol its also crazy that i had a nightmare so many months ago about a similar nun figure that scare the shit out of me and the next day i described as a nun it was so similar i dont think nobody would believe me now either i have foreseeing dreams and was recalling the movie or some kind of figure really exist somewhere.
>>
>>689489491
well things are scary when we recognize something but know something is terribly off with it.

i can see a demon nun being extremely common as it is represents something that is the complete polar opposite of what it acutally us. making it religious just adds to the creep factor.
>>
>>689489158

well sure i would do that watching a painting but as i work on tv and studied cinema i know nothing is randomly let to chance more so speaking of Hollywood i know that everything is intended and controlled for a reason so that sure meant something.
or maybe i am over thinking lol.
>>
>>689490095
maybe your background is causing you to overthink it. i like to make music, and when i hear a song i always notice little things that bother me, like placements of certain instruments and timing and such that i disagree with. its hard not to notice certain things when its a big part of your life i get you. but yeah i feel like lightning just made sense. its loud and violent, associated with angry gods ect.. i think it was good choice. maybe representing the chaos or destruction of evil? the direction it came from is irrelevant i believe.
>>
>>689490505
true that its a possibility ha would be nice to ask the director.
good movie really i known it had its fair of clutches but actors did a great job and thw twist was good, refreshing over all paying some tribute to exorcist and the shining.

better than the super hero crap they are puking out lately.
>>
>>689482853
requesting a real review of the movie. I feel like I'm drowning in bait.
was it any good really?
>>
I thought it was way better than anything else in the genre in the last few years. It's even better than the first Conjuring.

Side note: Valak...Anyone else notice the wooden letters on the bookshelf during the dream sequence with the Nun and the daughter? It spelled Valak. I noticed these letters, but couldn't make anything of it until they name was revealed.
>>
>>689492244
didnt notice will look for that next time i watch!
>>
>>689492244
i noticed the letters but didnt make anything of it. i dont even remember the letters now but im sure you are right. pretty interesting.

>>689491693
it seems like you are just wanting a review that agrees with your expectations of it sucking.

it doesnt suck dude.
>>
>>689492532
same here. will definitely be watching more than once.
>>
>>689492244
Is this a response to me?
>>689491693
>>
>>689492532
Yeah. It just stood out to me for some reason. Like, why would they have those letters in their house like that? Was it the daughters name? It sure wasn't Ed or Lorainne's name.
>>
>>689492554
honestly I want a good horror movie but I didn't have any faith in the film because most horror film lately are really bad. I want an honest review from a non-pandering viewer
>>
>>689492608
...sure?
>>
>>689491693

no of course it isn't. this is nigger tier horror film.
>>
>>689492934
so you just made a random statement?
>>
>>689492801

speaking of the daughter it was like she was dead, the dad didn't even notice her and where they left she when they went to London?
>>
>>689493005
how so? move me from neutral please.
>>
>>689492839
op here and im extremely biased cuz i really admire the directors previous work.

but in all honesty, the movie has some weak points but overall was very entertaining. had like 3 or 4 jump scares, but the rest was a get under your skin kind of fear. watching an inhuman being shapeshift and slowly walk towards you and just when you think its dissappeared and the adults wont see it, it fuckin continues walking from the shadows.

none of that shit where the husband doesnt believe until its too late, or the cops come over and dont see anything.

the movie is creepy from beginning to end, no shitty scenes of just talking or boring conversations. the whole thing is just great.
>>
>>689492839
Me too. The Conjuring 1 & 2 are pretty much the best ones in a while. Annabelle was good too. Same people though. I like what they're doing though. All of the stories are loosely tied.
>>
>>689493161
lol thats true, im sure they got a nanny or something.
>>
>>689493161
Good point. Didn't catch that.
>>
>>689493063
Just keeping the convo going bro. You're free to reply.
>>
File: The-Babadook-Poster.jpg (14 KB, 261x382) Image search: [Google]
The-Babadook-Poster.jpg
14 KB, 261x382
Conjuring 1 was better.

If you want a movie that doesn't rely on jump scares but fills you with an overwhelming sense of dread watch this movie
>>
>>689493381
yes the movies are based of the actual cases and accounts of ed and lorraine warren.

they are demonologists the worked for a church back in the day.

here is a bbc documentary that the conjuring 2 is based off of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sls6pszMGfk

everything but the way the people look is exactly the same. even the posters on the walls in the girls rooms appear in the movie.
>>
>>689493719
seen it, also a great movie though the ending left me a little underwhelmed.

mostly because i didnt understand it. i feel like the monster was a metaphor for depression. and keeping it in the basement was a metaphor for controlling depression? idk. strange ending
>>
>>689483695
>>689483837
The dog transforming bit was good.
The second time you see just his face/hat was decent.

The actual crookedman CGI was terrible.
>>
>>689494138
which part?
what do you mean cgi, it all looked pretty live action to me?
>>
>>689494336
the crooked man was definitely CGI...
>>
>>689493719
this movie was pure shit. how can u even recommend it?

shit was laughable not a horror movie
>>
Not scary at all, but not a bad story, and the cinematography was good.
>>
>>689494512
like his face?
>>
>>689494660
cool, go back to watching jeepers creepers.
>>
what was the ghost nun's name?
>>
>>689495007
I just want to make sure that you actually think a dog can transform into a person in real life, and that it was either a giant actor or well-beyond-golden-age-Hensen-tier puppetry walking down the hallway.
>>
>>689494660
what movies do you recommend?
>>
File: javier botet 2.jpg (56 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
javier botet 2.jpg
56 KB, 736x981
>>689495283
its the same actor who played mama in the movie of the same name.

dude is kinda tall and skinny.

obviously the transformation was cgi.

this is him when he played the part for final zombie in the REC zombie movie.
>>
File: javier botet.jpg (165 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
javier botet.jpg
165 KB, 1200x800
>>689495882
and heres a regular pic of him.
>>
File: marfan syndrome.jpg (96 KB, 1000x1571) Image search: [Google]
marfan syndrome.jpg
96 KB, 1000x1571
>>689495992
>>689495882
he plays tons of monsters and baddies cuz of marfan syndrome.
>>
>>689495992
>transformation was cgi
>walking was overlayed with cgi
>face was cgi
So by your standard, nathan drake in Uncharted isn't cgi either, because they used mocap, right?
>>
>>689496461
okay lets agree he is cgi.

what was bad or made it crappy?
replying with
"it sucked!"
or
"i hated it"
doesnt count
>>
>>689495255

where'd you get those peepers?
>>
>>689495650
sinister
as above so below

are pretty decent
>>
>>689496701
because it looked unrealistic. Not in a "haha, monsters aren't real" way, but in a "wow, this is noticeably worse quality than the rest of the film" way.

The nun was believable (and probably used far more practical effects) until the demon scene at the very end, Willy was believable because he was basically an old dude in yellow contacts. The crooked man, in that one scene, was more comical than scary because it looked so fake.
>>
>>689497051
sinister was junk. lots of potential wasted
>>
>>689486444

checked

You actually went and saw it? I mean it's obviously a garbage horror movie for 12 year old nigger. But the fact you would go and see it is shocking to me. Who spends 15 dollars on this pop horror bs?
>>
>>689497051
>>689497051
have u seen sinister 2?

i liked the first one a lot.
and as above so below was great.
i love the concept of hell being your worst memories relived for eternity.
theres another movie that does this called "the lazarus effect" though as above so below was much better.
>>
>>689496701
>>689497110
also that painting scene was God tier for non-jumpscare horror imo.
>>
>>689497292
Sinister was okay, but could have been better.
Sinister 2 was horrible, and in fact kind of ruined the concept forever by bringing in fucking cave paintings and laptops to point out how stupid the haunted camera would have been at that time in history.
>>
>>689493381

annabelle? dude, i watched 5 minuets of that movie with my 14 year old female cousin. It's the worst acting, production, immersion i've ever seen in any movie ever.

I watch a fuck ton of movies too. Your taste is garbage. I hate to break it to you.
>>
>>689497110
>"wow, this is noticeably worse quality than the rest of the film"

i see what you are saying now. so it kinda threw off the vibe for you then? like seemed out of place almost? i can understand that. but honestly i did not notice this and thought everything fit it well together .i thought he looked great. very creepy and downright fucking cool. its a matter of taste i suppose and we obviously have differing tastes. but thanks for sharing your reasoning and not reverting to the typical /b/ behavior of throwing retarded ass insults.
>>
>>689482853
The [extremely exaggerated 'true' stories based on people with mental illness franchise ] Conjuring
>>
>>689497640
like I said, I liked everything he was in except that one walking scene. It's the same problem Insidious 1 had. Darth Maul demon was pretty scary when you saw brief flashes of him, but once you see him crawling around the ceiling? Nearly ruined the end of the film.
>>
>>689497326
>painting scene
the one with shadow moving behind the painting?
yeah that shit was fucking amazing dude. i just absolutely love james wan's work.

the only other director i can liken him to is Alejandro González Iñárritu (the revenant / birdman)

i just love scenes that arent jumping around from face to face. the long continuous shots are fucking beautiful and causes such an immersive feeling.

10/10 cinematography.
>>
>>689498053
>>689498053
its strange i have no problem with these kinds of things. why do you think you dislike them?
simply becuase its not consistent with the "realness" of the movie itself? theres got to be an underlying reason, no?
>>
>>689497292
yea i seen sinister 2, didnt really like it as much as the first tho
>>
>>689498879
did it even have a theatrical release?
i dont think it did. ive had it downloaded for a while now but have been putting it off for quite some time.

seems very b-movie ish.
>>
>>689499064
it did have theatrical release. It was also shit. Like, not worth watching shit.
>>
>>689499726
Wat a shame. Ill probably still give it a chance tho
>>
>>689499726
Why was it shit?
>>
>>689497529
>>689500208
this
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.