[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you vegan? >Inb4 hurr durr meat taste good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 22
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 188x188) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 188x188
Why aren't you vegan?

>Inb4 hurr durr meat taste good
>>
because I don't want to be one and I don't care about animals.
>>
>>689079707
Don't care enough to avoid eating meat. I rarely eat it but I won't avoid it. Animal flesh and muscle tissue is delicious.
>>
>>689079707

I don't have time to waste trying to formulate meals to get the correct amount of protein and fats without animal meat. I simply don't give enough of a shit to waste my time on that shit.
>>
>>689079707
How bout an arguement for veganism? And no some shut like "red meat causes cancer," because quite frankly, everything causes cancer. The sun causes cancer. The air causes cancer.
>>
Because the life force of lesser animals fills my body with raw power whereas vegetables make my shit green
>>
File: 1460047958040-2.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460047958040-2.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
>>689079707
People like you can be vegans so that I don't need to.
>>
because im not a spineless ninny who cares about feelings. i do what evolution dictates i need to do to suvive
>>
Sorry, Too busy fucking piles of fresh cut baloney
>>
because I don't want to take extra B12 Vitamins for what vegans call a ''healthy and natural diet''
>>
>>689079707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0dyx3t9Nk0
>>
vegans, you will never make us step down the food chain with you
>>
>We don't eat animals, that's murder!
>We should eat their food instead.
>>
File: JpQsfLB.jpg (656 KB, 4096x3040) Image search: [Google]
JpQsfLB.jpg
656 KB, 4096x3040
>>689079707

Because I like hunting and killing animals and eating their muscle tissue
>>
i didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat nothing but vegetables
>>
>>689079707
But I honestly only eat meat because it tastes good... there's no other reason not to be vegan but still no BETTER reason to be vegan.
>>
>>689079707
Because i wouldn't have canines for eating only vegetables hurdur fucktard
>>
It's actually quite expensive to keep up with the products all labeled GMO free and gluten-free yadda yadda. Meat is cheap, healthy and helps my body get the protein I need in a pinch, as well as has a good digestion time that wards off hunger longer.
>>
>>689082523
Don't get all high and mighty, your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents did the climbing.
>>
>>689082438
>Because I like hunting and killing animals and eating their muscle tissue
> posts picture of Glock
Wtf are you hunting? Niggers?
>>
>>689079707
>born an omnivore

It's proven that while plant based diets can help you live a healthy life, they contribute to earlier death. Omnivores that are responsible eaters live longer and healthier lives. Anything else is not valid, trust me, I'm an expert.
>>
>>689082712

>Glock clearly labeled "10mm AUTO" on the side

You can hunt deer with 10mm, anon
>>
>>689082673
i meant i in a wider range i probably should have just said we
>>
>>689079707
Waiting for a valid argument for veganism.
>>
>imp!Ying this isn't low grade bait
>>
this b8, vegans are malnourished, sure you can live that way but it isn't right.
>>
>>689082810
I'm not a hunter so I'll take your word for it. I am a butcher though.
>>
>>689082830
because killing animals is morally wrong
>>
File: Hobo.jpg (28 KB, 328x184) Image search: [Google]
Hobo.jpg
28 KB, 328x184
Because I want actually functioning muscle mass and to not look like an outrageous faggot? Cause I'm sure the only meat you like? Is dick.
>>
I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>689082955
According to what school of moral thought?
>>
File: crispy-chicken.gif (586 KB, 1140x710) Image search: [Google]
crispy-chicken.gif
586 KB, 1140x710
hurr durr meat taste good
>>
Because I like to be healthy without taking vitamin pills...
>>
>>689082955
no it isnt...
>>
>>689079707
Yeah that's about what I'd expect a vegan to look like.
>>
>>689083036
buddhism all creatures have a soul and killing any of them is wrong
>>
Because we have canines, and meat is what made our brains bigger and us smarter
>>
because being a vegan is too much effort compared to eating meat
>>
We are omnivorous, not herbivores.

Our eyes are forward, those of a predator.

We have canines, for rending meat.

If you wanna be a vegan, go ahead, but STOP with the "I'm superior to you" whiny moralizing!
>>
>>689079707
Tastes good and the fact that me not eating meat will literally change nothing about animals dying.
>>
>>689083132
Are you a Buddhist? I'm not.
According to what sane school of moral thought?
>>
>>689082931

nuscience muh feels > critical nutrients
>>
>>689083132

Good thing I'm not a fucking Buddhist then, huh?
>>
>>689083284
there are none
>>
Who cares.
>>
>>689079707
becus murrrican
>>
>>689079707
I respect the mutual symbiotic relationships forged between humans and domestic animals.

I am a human and my body will not function properly without some animal proteins. Vegetarianism can be ok if you have eggs or dairy, but without any your body will suffer.

As an omnivore, asking me why i eat meat is like asking why a dog walks on 4 legs instead of 2.
>>
>>689083132

says the guy that consumes 30 bananas a day
>>
>>689079707
I don't think there IS any valid argument against veganism. If you want to be, knock yourself out. I don't. Faggot.
>>
File: IMG-20160607-WA0004.jpg (50 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160607-WA0004.jpg
50 KB, 640x1136
>>
>>689079707
>Why aren't you vegan?
because i'm not a faggot.
>>
File: 1452845390904.jpg (78 KB, 499x460) Image search: [Google]
1452845390904.jpg
78 KB, 499x460
>>689083451

lol
>>
>>689082723
Some facts
Humans need meat, but "studies" that vegans use a propaganda are based on non specific info, such that eating excessive amounts of bad foods in general are unhealthy. Vegans can purport that they have it down because avoiding foods that can be bad for you is the way to go, but the only support for that is when meat eaters consume too much of the wrong foods.

Veganism is good but not good enough

Omnivores are the healthiest if they consume the basic necessities wig a well rounded diet.

Greens, fruits vegetables, poultry and fish, grains and nuts are all great if consumed responsibly from responsible sources.

Only eating plants will negate proper cell function in many parts of the body over time. Essentially veganism promotes cutting off completely, the things you need small amounts of to promote a healthy long life. So if you want the best case scenario, follow a vegan diet but "cheat" by eating meat in responsible quantities
>>
>>689080919
A perfectly valid reason imo
>>
>>689083353
This is the correct answer.
Vegans can keep taking their nutritional supplements which are made by killing animals anyway.
But they are weak minded cretins that think it's okay because if they don't do deep research to find out they still hurt animals it doesn't count.
>>
>>689079707
Because it's my life and I'll live it how I like

Now an argument that makes sense
It takes more water to create a whole days worth of vegan food than it does a normal balanced diet, because if all the specific ingredients that vegans won't eat, companies have to use costly, and more often than not, wasteful replacements
>>
>>689082011
Raising livestock produces a vast amount of greenhouse gases and the sheer number of antibiotics we use on cows and pigs and poultry is pretty quickly leading to resistant bacteria
>>
Why do you drive a car? Do you know you're contributing to animal suffering? The other beings on this planet are all beneath us, we're on a whole other level of sentiance. Is an ants life equal to yours, how about a snail's, ? At what point does it stop if it does? There is little wrong with animal products
>>
>>689082810
You're gonna hunt with a pistol. Come on. A pistol. Get out of here cunt lord
>>
I've got nothing against veganism. I just grew up like I imagine most other people did. Eating meats and dairy products. So I just stick with it.
>>
>>689080919
Well do you care and your long-term health, and the fact that animal agriculture is responsible for about 50% of what is ultimately resulting in the next mass extinction coming up?
>>
>>689079707
'member when you said meat taste good? Well: meat taste good. GOOOOOD.
>>
>>689083578

faggot murderer i hope the next hamburger you eat kills you faggot fucking hate you so much
>>
>>689080919
It's not just about the animals, meat production is also terrible for the environment and is contributing to global warming and the early demise of our planet
>>
This one trime I was kinda late. I ran after the icecreamtruck waving at the driver. When he finally stopped, he asked: "What flaour do you want?"
I catched my breath and wiped the sweat of my forehead and said: "No thanks, I only wanted to tell you I'm a vegan."
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x809) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x809
1:If we were meant to eat like cows we would have cow like teeth and cow like digestive systems.

2: I'll say vegans are pussies and you'll point to one guy that is a body builder or an MMA fighter and say "he could totally wreck you" and I'll point to literally anyone else and that non vegan bodybuilder or non vegan MMA fighter is better than his vegan counterpart..

3: the biggest reason I'm not a vegan is I like to keep to myself and mind my own fucking business, something vegans are incapable of.
>>
>>689079707
B12 faggot.

>>689082438
>Hunting
>With a pistol.
If you wanna hunt, do it properly faggot.
>>
>>689082011
I'm not on OPs side but by your logic we may as well still be using asbestos for insulation since its not the only thing that causes cancer.
>>
>>689083719

Look up handgun hunting vids on youtube, it's actually pretty popular. With the right caliber it's just as effective as a rifle, just need to be closer and takes more skill to precisely aim a handgun, so it's more challenging.
>>
>>689082291
This is actually a good idea
>>
>>689079707
Because there are these things called essential amino acids that have to be obtained by eating them.

Of course someone with your low level of education would never know such a thing...
>>
>>689079707
Because muscle mass is easily gained when I eat steak and bacon and I dont want to waste my time worrying about how I am supposed to get specific nutrients out of fucking vegetables that I could also find in a cheeseburger.
>>
I remember I had this vegetarian friend when I was young. We used to pay her to eat chicken nuggets.
Vegans are just attention whoring fags that sell their morals for a quick buck.

>>689083792
wahh wahh death is bad, I hope you die, I'm a huge baby.
>>
>>689083755
You seem to think I will live long enough to witness the upcoming mass extinction, or that I care whether a bunch of animals go extinct. No, dear anon, I do not care if a bunch of animals go extinct. I do hope, however, that a bunch of brown people ALSO go extinct.

Now where's my bacon burger?
>>
>>689079707
Let me answer your question with a question.

Do vegans periodically go out into the wild and bother a wolf or a lion or whatever because they're eating meat? No. They don't.

We're animals. We can eat meat if we want to.
>>
>>689083904
>If you wanna hunt, do it properly faggot.

nogunz please kys
>>
>>689083739
Watch Cowspriacy (producer is Leo Dicaprio), then Forks over knives. Also before you say you don't care about animals look at videos of what they do on regular basis. I thought I didn't care and then I saw some shit. But that's the reason I care least about. It's the environment and human health that's also at steak. Pun not intended
>>
>>689080919
Valid reason, not valid argument.
>>
i have heard that bein vegan grow the size of ur dik
because of bood pressure thing or wathever.is this truth??
>>
>>689079707
Is that the chick that tried to scale Everest to prove Vegans could?
>>
>>689082418
That's such a stupid argument because there is an abundance of food for animals and no animal is starving because of humans eating their vegetables due to veganism.

You're clearly 12, underage b&.
>>
>>689079707
Tbh, it really fucks with my digestion and bowel movements. I quit drinking milk because I was at a gallon a day and was working like a beast (2-3 cord of wood cut, split, and stacked) and gained too much muscle mass from all the protien... it was causing thoracic outlet syndrome. my stomach went haywire for 6 months from the diet change and the only relief I got was from eating a nice large steak. I tried switching to fatty fish (sardines, salmon, etc) but it only exacerbated the problem and trying to eat nuts is crazy expensive and caused me to back up and bloat. so... if I were to be vegan, I don't even want to imagine the literal physical nightmarr that would be my digestive track. that's why. I am a 5'10" Scott/french American. I eat organic....never vegan.
>>
>>689084077
The face of /b/, right here folks.
>>
>itt noobs who havent even watched VeganGains
>pretending like u actually no anything
>please just dont
>you know ur morally wrong
>you know ur killing the planet
>you know ur murderers

together wecan change and make the world a better place yet you fucking idiots eat meats STILL IN CURRNET YEAR
>>
>>689079707
Why shouldn't I eat eggs from my chickens? I treat them well and keep them safe. There are no roosters so they just keep laying infertile eggs that I don't see why I shouldn't eat.
>>
File: 1465634785200.gif (443 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
1465634785200.gif
443 KB, 210x210
>>689083655
Okay, thanks for the levelheaded response. However, overfarming is also a problem. I just think diet doesn't matter- it's where the food comes from.
>>
>>689083712
Edgyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>689084215
Because the massive amounts of land and water used to create non-meat food can obviously be shared with the animals it previously fed.

You're obviously 48 and still maintain a 9 year old mind.
>>
>>689084177
>It's the environment and human health that's also at steak. Pun not intended
It's not a pun because the phrase is "at stake" and you are retarded. Plus fuck this rental of a planet I'm returning it with no gas, doors missing, and severe tire damage. Suck ALL my dick, chimp.
>>
File: 1465414906630.webm (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465414906630.webm
1 MB, 320x240
>>689079707
Eating good food is one of the decent small things in life a human can enjoy. Why rob yourself of being able to eat whatever you want? So you're a pussy and care a lot about animals feelings. Why though? It's natural for a species to be a food source for another tougher species. It's the way of life.

I know sjws and veegans and overall pussies will fight for everything to be completely equal including animal rights, but it shouldn't be like that. Some things just shouldn't be fucked with. The audacity of a veegan, the fucking balls it takes to tell someone what the fuck they should or shouldn't eat is extraordinary and should just shut the fuck up about it.

Besides those two reasons as to why I ll never be a veegan or vegetarian I also would like to be 100% healthy. Even pure heraborious creatures eat meat from time to time to get precious minerals and nutrients. Veeganism hasn't been around long enough (a few generations) to study the impacts of no protein from meats or fats or other things veegans miss out on or have to substitute artificially in their diets.

No thanks veegans. I'm getting pretty sick of you people and sjws and faggots and niggers talking shit about EVERYTHING. Just shut the fuck up. Live your lives. Enjoy your lives. If that involves not eating meat whatever just don't tell me about it idgaf.

Pic related
>>
Because if no humans are meat it would rape the ecosystem
>>
>>689079707
Vegans cant everest /thread/
>>
>>689079707
>>
>>689083132 Do you pray or give offerings to the insects which you step on, and it's inevitable that you do. Do you do the same for the single cell organisms that you killed by sitting down on your chair?
>>
Exactly. I have respect for vegetarians, I understand that to some people eating dead animals is disturbing.. that's fine.. i was that way with chickens for a while.

I also understand wanting animals to be treated humanely and to live good lives, not confined to cages and pens, and I feel the same way.

But veganism is purely self-rightiousness. I worked on an organic chicken egg farm for a summer and I will tell you, those birds had it good. You can always have the option to purchase farm-raised eggs and dairy from like.. the amish or hippie markets.. it costs more but it's humane and your body DOES need it.
>>
if you aren't a vegan, kys

simple
>>
File: 1465604473747.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1465604473747.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>689084285
>>
>>689079707
eating meat is what gave us bigger brains, hunting animals are smarter than vegan animals, because is harder to get food, we are not that strong, so we used our intelligence to hunt
>>
>>689084177
Forks over knives was based on an already dispute report about the inaccuracies of plant only diets. It's called confirmation bias, average vegans will only look at facts that support their beliefs.
>>
If an animal doesn't know it's about to die what's wrong with it?
>>
>>689084929
fuk you vegans die in your shithole
http://time.com/4344556/mount-everest-death-climbing-vegan/
>>
Veegans itt

How's your iron count doing? Got dem vitamins goin? I hope fatty acids turn out to not be needed in a humans diet after all. I'm routing for you guys.
>>
>>689085413
Even if that was true, how would it be an argument against Veganism?
>>
>>689084077
Make this man the new moot now. Deport that chinese faggot back to china and make this man the new moot.
>>
>>689079707
You should be proud to be vegan, OP. Good for you!

Then when you tell me how to eat, since my excrement is no longer chicken nuggets and ham, you can continue to be vegan when you eat my shit. Awesome work great job!
>>
For my health I am not.
My heart medication has gelatin in it, and tbh, I don't want to die of heart complications over being vegan. But I am vegan in every aspect except my pills.
>>
>>689085693

>argument against Veganism

there is no serious argument ""against"" veganism

vegans have a problem with reality and facts
>>
>>689079707
Because some animals have been domesticated for so long that if we dont use them for food or fur they would no longer have a purpose for life and if we no longer provide food, shelter and care for them, they will die out, having no instinct for self survival remaining in them. Cows, for example, can't survive in the wild without supervision. They are literally too stupid to move themselves to better grazing land when they have eaten everything in sight. They will stand there and starve to death rather than roam to find more food. They no longer have the instincts to do that.

tl;dr: meat taste fucking great and is full of nutrients and not needing to raise livestock will make multiple livestock species go extinct
>>
>>689079707
I'm not eating fucking coagulated soy milk in place of savory meaty goodness.

Now let me get back to my cheeseburger.
>>
I agree with the arguments for veganism. That's why I eat vegans. It's better for the earth, better for the animals, it keeps their consciences clean, I do my part for overpopulation, and they're fuckimg delicious.
>>
first of all most of the food in the united states should be classified as poison k now that being said finding food that will actually be good for the body is hard enough and if you put a limitation on all things that are from an animal not only will you be missing an essential part of a balanced diet but you might as well just stop eating altogether most vegan foods are subjected to even more processing than other foods and by the time your eating it i can almost guarantee the nutritional value is gone.... so unless your growing all your own food and doing all the processing yourself you will still be lacking things like omegas 3 6 and 9 and certain proteins that are only produced in animals so yeah its basically just a loosing battle being vegan is going to shorten your lifespan compared to someone that eats a balanced diet now if all you eat is meat your just as fucked our bodies are not meant to have only one or the other and the perfect balance is different for different people but on average it is 80-85 percent organically grown produce and fruit and only 15-20 percent meat mostly fish for the omegas
>>
>>689079707
Why is meat tastes good a bad argument?
>>
>>689079707
>>
>>689079707
hurr durr meat taste good m8
>>
>>689086161
Youre on the all vegan diet too? Sweet
>>
>>689082438
hunting at a shooting range. How does paper steak taste?
>>
Because eating meat is the default natural state of all humans
>>
File: StanVaginitis.png (199 KB, 453x338) Image search: [Google]
StanVaginitis.png
199 KB, 453x338
>>689079707
Because I don't want this to happen to me
>>
>>689083126
kek
>>
the best part of being a vegan is the "meat breaks"

>most of us secretly eat meat a few times a week anyway
>>
>>689079707
I like murder but killing humans is illegal so eating meat is the best I can do.
>>
>>689085207
good point, you've really made me think
>>
>>689079707
I can't eat gluten and dairy
and most types of blood can't take a vegan diet, even if it's balanced
I'm O+, and I was a vegan then a vegetarian for years
I'm all fucked now.
I still feel bad for eating other animals but believe me the survival instinct speaks louder
and I'm not planning to die soon
>>
>>689084285
Hahaa what year is it in your world? Is it still famously gay there?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>689079707
It pretty much essential for the human body
>Hurr durr it help animal
It's called the food chain nigger
>>
>>689079707
meat tastes good
>>
>>689086647

Yeah. You're not a real vegan. Not even close.

This is why we need to control it. I hope you feel ashamed.
>>
My brother was a vegan for over 15 years. Colossal waste of money, he started getting very bad dandruff, spent more time trying to find food with low sodium since all of your shit is fucking massive sodium overload, his chest started hurting, had no energy. Ate eggs at least, tried to do it all right but in the end it was more harm than good. We evolved over millions of years to eat fucking meat. end of story. our body needs it. That black actor in the Green Mile went Vegan at 50. Died at 52 from a massive heart attack. Shit isn't good for you. Go read about it, I showed my brother the effects of Veganism after all of his health problems started to occur and hes like fuck it, im done. Plus you get a massive fucking gut from all of the carbs you have to eat lmao. Belly fat. 15 years, I watched him suffer. Get over it kiddo, we eat animals, and always have. You're not saving anything or anyone by going Vegan.
>>
>>689079707
I've gone extended periods of time without meat before (mostly budgetary reason). Consistently feel like shit after a week or so.

Have yet to find an alternative diet. Remain unconvinced by proposed vitamin & supplimenting to make up the difference.

Plus if you keep it up you lose the ability to process meat and then you become THAT guy who needs to be specially accomodated or go hungry.

It's a lot of effort & sacrifice for little payoff considering I don't even eat that much meat to begin with.

I'd love to see factory farming conditions improve, but demanding it be eliminated altogether is an unrealistic demand. And veganism... is not going to come close. Animal products are in fucking everything, not just food.
>>
>>689086803

>control it

You mean outlaw meat? HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>689082712
niggs be nutricious
>>
>>689079707
Because our bodies have been built to survive on both meat and plantation hence the fact we are omnivores. Veganism is just a more retarded version of vegetarians. Humans survive better with all available food sources
>>
>>689083449
you are not an omnivore, your digestive system is actually designed to break down fruit. Your body functions fine without animal proteins, and actually if you withdraw from animal proteins for a short while your body finds it difficult to adjust back to a meat based diet.
>>
>>689079707
All vegans look like fags.
>>
>>689086161
Bet you eat them with salt and vinegar you limey faggot fuck?! Ketchup and A-1 here America Trump Pussy Pickups Guns!!
>>
>>689079707
because meat is a highly reliable source of protein
>>
>>689079707
I'm waiting for a valid argument FOR veganism.
>>
File: 1465384715657.jpg (21 KB, 390x270) Image search: [Google]
1465384715657.jpg
21 KB, 390x270
>>689087057
>>
>>689087020
...annnd omnivore:
Omnivore is a consumption classification for animals that have the capability to obtain energy and nutrients from materials originating from plant and animal origin.

Where does "functions fine without" refute the OMNI not part of the definition, shit slurper?
>>
>>689087020
it must be hard being this fucking stupid
>>
>>689087253
its better for you
>>
>>689087544
I beg to differ, use >>689086810 as a resource.
>>
>>689083992
if vegans didn't get all the amino acids they would be dead so choke on a bulls cock, arsewipe
>>
>>689079707
Omnivorism
>>
>>689087767
Oh...? Then I'd like to encourage OP and all vegans to continue to be vegans.
>>
>>689083755
Veganism is long term worse for your health because you get deficient in some nutrients, humans are omnivores for a reason
>>
>>689087020
haha so these teeth that are clearly designed for chewing all different kinds of foods you know k9s for tearing apart meat... and to me its not about whether or not the body can function because you can function off of nothing but fucking bread and water its about the the longevity of its effects on your body and quite simply not eating any animal products is just not healthy.
>>
>>689079707
As far as i am concerned. vegans are going to suffer from deficiency of certain vitamins and suffer economically. in conclusion vegans are going to go through natural selection and fail because its not a sustainable diet.
>>
>>689079707
Cause I enjoy milk to recalcify my enamel. Plus, it helps lower ph in the oral cavity to reduce chances of bacterial growth.
>>
>>689079707

It's been proven we are omnivores. Why aren't Lions vegan? Why aren't bears exclusively vegan?
>>
>>689079707
because i am an apex predator
>>
I identify myself as a wolf, a wolf can't live eating carrots
Check your privilege
>>
>>689086647
You are not a vegan my friend, vegans don't eat meat or are you brain damaged?
>>
>>689083132
So, you don't treat infections? You allow parasites to ravage your bowels? You would let crabs fester in your crotch unchecked for the sake of their little souls? Fuck all the way off and take Siddhartha with you...
>>
>>689079707

Disadvantages of a vegan diet:

A radical change: Going vegan is a huge change and can sometimes be even more complicated if you are not allowed to eat certain ingredients such as soy. "Complete plant proteins are found in soy products, so if you're trying to moderate your intake of soy, you have to learn how to put together complementary foods to form complete vegetarian proteins," says Keller.

Potential interference with existing medical conditions: If you have a condition such as osteoporosis or diabetes, it is critical to consult with your physician and a registered dietitian when starting and implementing a vegan eating plan, as a vegan diet may interfere with your condition.

Difficulty when dining out: Not many restaurants offer true vegan choices and this can make dining out difficult. Mehta advises carrying vegan foods and snacks to make eating out easier when traveling long distances.

Loss of essential vitamins and minerals: There is evidence to show vegan diets do not contain vitamin B12, an essential nutrient. "Vegans can get vitamin B12 from fortified foods (some brands of soy milk, fake meats, breakfast cereals and nutritional yeast) and from supplements. Vegan diets may be low in calcium and vitamin D although there are vegan sources of these nutrients," says Reed Mangels, PhD, RD, nutrition advisor for The Vegetarian Resource Group (vrg.org).

Unrealistic expectations: "A person might believe that by being vegan they are making themselves healthier. There are no good data of which I am aware proving that simply being vegan as an isolated behavior improves health," says Applebaum. There has to be a balance of diet, exercise and a proper fitness regime.

you're just a fag who are going with trends like a retarded
>>
>>689087767
Your low level of education is showing again.
>>
>>689079707
because as a species we are omnivored and evolved as such.
just look at your teeth, why do you think you have canines.
>inb4 im an edgy nigger faggot that ripped his own canines out to counter that argument hur durr
>>
>>689080919

I'm vegan myself and I can accept your reason
>>
>>689084177
>a movie is a good research material
Try this one anon:
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n5/full/nclimate2916.html
>>
>>689079707
Because the fisherman's diet, accounting for mercury, is healthier and not as faggy.
>>
>>689079707
i enjoy eating meat and diary from cows. it seems hard to find everything. my brother was vegan years ago. it was good he was skinny. now his a cook and became fat.
>>
>>689087432
>>689087451
>>689088019
The ignorance is pretty high with you guys. I was a meat eater and I loved it but when i done research found out meat is bad for you in so many ways> i would still love to eat meat but i look at it now the same way i look at artery clogging burgers and deep fried crud, absolutely terrible for your health. If there was a healthy meat i would eat it but it des not exist. Also our teeth are designed for the cutting and grinding of plants. not sharp like a carnivores teeth. Our bodies cant process raw meat, it gives us the shits, therefore our bodies are not designed to eat meat. we have got used to it by eating it for survival by cooking it for a few thousand years and our bodies have adopted but in terms of the age of the planet that is fuck all time.but like i said our bodies go back to rejecting it very quickly. also we are no longer cave men that need to eat animals to survive, there is plenty of food there for us to leave animals alone.
>>
>>689089495
so go fuck yourselves guise ..l.
>>
>>689089495
If we're made to be vegans, we'd be able to digest grass.

End of story.

An hero and save the earth.
>>
>>689089495
Our bodies can easily process raw red meat and raw fish of many species, your argument is invalid.
>>
>>689088948
Your ignorance is showing again
>>
>>689079707
Plants can feel distress and vegans are so clueless to everything.
>>
File: veggie_burger.jpg (89 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
veggie_burger.jpg
89 KB, 600x600
>>689079707
Because I have canine teeth for a reason.
>>
File: 1465693310587s.jpg (3 KB, 99x125) Image search: [Google]
1465693310587s.jpg
3 KB, 99x125
>>689089495
>>
>>689089753
Says who?
>>689089891
I have yet to see raw red meat being served in any restaurant ever or eaten by any person ever
>>
File: 1465696023803s.jpg (4 KB, 125x107) Image search: [Google]
1465696023803s.jpg
4 KB, 125x107
>>689089495
>It's like you don't know anything about evolution.
>>
File: 15p7aw.jpg (20 KB, 267x213) Image search: [Google]
15p7aw.jpg
20 KB, 267x213
>>689089495
>>
>>689083655
this is why I'd like to go vegan basically

>>689083739
this is your actual attitude? you don't see anything wrong with that mindset?
>>
>>689089495
if you are educated you would know that we can digest raw meat, but people started cooking it since its easier to digest that way.

also you wont get your artery clogged if you eat grilled meat or at least consume fried meat reasonably. you can get your artery clogged by eating french fries.

if our teeth were for cutting and grinding plants why don't other animals have it?

if you are not b8ing. please kill yourself
>>
>>689090338
Evolution clearly skipped you my friend
>>
File: 1465690686542s.jpg (2 KB, 125x97) Image search: [Google]
1465690686542s.jpg
2 KB, 125x97
>>689090231
Beef tartare is a common raw beef dish. Also, yeah, if we were meant to be vegan we would have a vegan body system. We can digest meat making your points invalid.
>>
Because I love killing animals with my father and then bring them home to eat their flesh
We are a healthy white and conservative Christian family
You are probably a fucking atheist trans SJW with white guilt
>>
>>689079707
Because meat is second only to sex in the pleasure department.
>>
>>689090231
You can eat raw meat if it has been deep frozen to kill bacteria like with sushi. Also maybe salt/onions and other things are antimicrobial. Why you would wanna eat raw meat is the bigger question.
>>
>>689089914

On the contrary, you clearly have no understanding of human biochemistry.

Your lack of education is, by definition, ignorance.

You really should just keep quiet and stop making a fool of yourself by trying to discuss concepts you know nothing about, because you've chosen to refuse higher education in life, a very poor life decision, I might add...
>>
>>689090566
>>689090231
>samefag
>>
>>689090231
Google steak tartar, larb, carpaacio and gored gored you philistine.
>>
>>689090790
oh shit you called him out
>>
>>689090425
No, we cannot digest raw meat, it is poisonous to us and if you eat it continually and force your way through stomach cramps and the squirts IT WILL KILL YOU.

Grilled meat is carcinogenic and gives you cancer (technically you already have cancer but this promotes the rapid growth of cancer cells)

They do,

i will not, there are too many ignorant morons like you that need educated for me to do something as stupid and selfish as that
>>
File: vegans_can_an_hero.jpg (697 KB, 900x1456) Image search: [Google]
vegans_can_an_hero.jpg
697 KB, 900x1456
>>689079707
>>
>>689089495
really canines are not sharp even molars are sharp enough to tear through meat i don't doubt that your research has said that meat has downsides to it yeah and saying "meat" is bad for you in so many ways is just so fucking vague do you even know how many different types of meat are on this planet i guarantee some are bad for you some plants can also kill you the fact is and its scientifically proven that being 100 percent vegan is not healthy period end of discussion so don't go eat a fucking cheeseburger but seriously eat some damn sushi or something....
>>
I guess all the meat eaters are out getting laid, huh OP?
>>
Because I have no reason to be vegan.
>>
>>689091208
I don't think that's true, please cite your sources. Veganpussy, what would it take to get you to read something by a nutritionist that doesn't take carrots rectally?
>>
>>689083805
Well that's too bad.
>>
File: th.jpg (9 KB, 149x164) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9 KB, 149x164
>>689091208
It's not that you can't eat raw meat but raw meat is typically a home to a host of different organisms. And don't talk about meat causing cancer either. The sun causes cancer for fucks sake.
>>
>>689082932
You two basically give eachother jobs
>>
>>689091208
if its poisonous how did our ancestors survive before the discovery of fire? maybe alines were distributing b12 supplements.
>>
>>689079707
I dont care what you eat, OP, as long as you reciprocate the lack of care to me. If not, than go fuck yourself, cuz i got nothing to say to you.
>>
>>689090604
Frozen like our ancestors do it, and taking advice from other species like loins that always freeze their meat before they prepare it to stop the growth of harmful bacteria in their digestive systems
>>
>>689079707
You need meat to survive.
>inb4 hurr durr soylent tofu
>>
>>689089495
We're designed to be omnivorous.
>>689090231
Over thousands of years of cooking our meat, we're used to that but we are still able to eat cleaned raw meat if it came down to it.
>>
>>689090790
And?
>>
I was born an omnivore and I'll stay that way.
>>
File: ComparitiveAnatomy.jpg (221 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
ComparitiveAnatomy.jpg
221 KB, 1024x640
>>689091374
>>
>>689090231
Says the person that knows more than a retarded vegan scum.
>>
>>689083755
No, not really. I don't eat much red meat, don't eat processed etc. As far as meat eaters go I'd say I'm reasonably healthy. And no I really don't care about not eating meat to avoid some mass extinction that I won't be around to see. Do you actually believe that by not eating meat you are saving the planet? That's kind of cute :3
>>
>>689091046
All of those dishes look and sound gross, but i guess that is the way the cavemen ate their carcasses also...
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.