[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna go to Colorado soon. What strains would you recommend and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13
File: purple-kush-7.jpg (242 KB, 446x375) Image search: [Google]
purple-kush-7.jpg
242 KB, 446x375
Gonna go to Colorado soon.

What strains would you recommend and why?
>>
>>689018894
Bump for you
>>
>>689018894
gorilla glue its ehh but works
>>
>>689018894
Strains are a fucking meme

Just buy whatever has the most crystals on it and some good quality hash
>>
blue cheese is nice
lemon / purple haze are good and taste nice
there are some weird ones i wanna try like
purple dragon but I'm a britfag so can't ever find them here
>>
>>689019772

Been smoking that lately. Why do you say it's eh?
>>
>>689019772
man.. there's such a hype about gorilla glue. how are your experiences with it?
>>
>>689018894
white widdow always works 4 me
>>
>>689019907
This
Even if you ask the clerk what strains are "gud" he'll just go on a ten minute bullshit fueled one-way conversation about how this strain gives you a good body high but that strain is a good head high..blah blah blah.
If you can, get dabs.
I also enjoy the pre rolled joints they sell. They're a good bargain and you can smoke them basically as soon as you find a proper spot out of the store
>>
>>689019907
>crystals
weed noob confirmed
the term you are looking for is "trichomes", and even if a specimen is, in fact, covered with them, it can still be lacking in potency if they were not allowed to mature to a certain point. the trichomes "fill up" with psychoactive substances as the plant grows, but the structure itself contains very little cannabinoids in comparison to a fully mature trichome.
>>
>>689019907
It's a dispensary, they're all crystally
>>
Yea gorilla glue 4# but try pure in denever they have good buds any organic places with good ethanol shatter purple trainwreck and strawberry short cake ksub are my fave now
>>
File: 1465437077167.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1465437077167.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>689020327

nigga are you stupid
>>
>>689020083
Lemon haze and purple haze can be found anywhere. Wouldn't travel for that
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 721x1084) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 721x1084
>>689018894
to be really honest you really dont need to go much deeper than sativa or indica, for me its always been pretty mich those two types of high with slight not noteworthy differences

Weed is weed is will get you high and it will probably be a good time every time

just like pizza or sex

all these names strains and shit just isnt for me
>>
puffin' blue dream

lovin' it
>>
>>689020303
dabs will skyrocket your tolerance and then you can't go back to bud
>>
>>689018894
My cock cause youre a faggot
>>
>>689020644
I disagree. Different strains are good for different preferences.
You don't wanna smoke a heavy Indica before running a marathon.
>>
>>689021101
thats what im talking about, my only differences in choosing is by knowing if its an indica or sativa

i dont need to know its gum berry fuck drop og i just want one that is either a lay me down or pick me up

;)
>>
Took a weedcation to Co. last summer. My highlights were
1. Chemdawg- highest sun starringest highest high of the trip via flower
2. Herijuana- tasted great and gummy total body relaxation. Hard to find.
3. Anything cheese related. Blue cheese is a favorite.
4. White widow or ant widow cross breed.
Buy prerolled joints and try as many different strains as possible. We would break up the j's and vape in a volcano when ever possible. If you can try dabs, for gods sake do dabs. Dont waste your time on the rookie cookie. Edibles in general are expensive and overrated for a vacation trip. Before you leave get a pen vaporizer that can handle both wet and dry product. Enjoy the best vacation of your life, Anon!
>>
>>689020601
maybe in places where it is legal, here i just get whatever i can find
>>
>>689020327
>weed noob confirmed

mhmm, I've smoked every 'strain' in england over the last 4 years and they are all exactly the fucking same

And who gives a fuck which word I use as long as the meaning is conveyed? Do you call your car a 'combustion engine powered wheeled automobile' you autist faggot?
>>
smoking 3 kings currently, love the high that takes control.
>>
File: 21.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>689020327

This is correct. Resin (Trichome) coverage, density and weight do not equal THC or CBD (cannabinoid) potency.

>expert cultivator
>>
>>689025044
Except the fact that if your weed is super crystally, it's guaranteed to be nicer than the shit ass compressed weed you get in any other country

Crystally>non crystally, always

>expert weed smoker
>>
>>689018894
Depends what you want out of it.
If you want to just chill with some buddies, then Purple haze.
If you wanna be creative as fuck and let your mind go into overdrive, then I prefer blue dream, AK-47, orange kush, cherry diesel, something like that..
>>
File: IMG_7222.jpg (3 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7222.jpg
3 MB, 3456x2304
I live in WA and have been smoking the legal stuff for awhile and let me tell you, grower is often more important than strain. I've had several of the same strains from different growers and one I thought was fantastic from one grower is shit from another, even though it's the same plant, basically. I don't think they can transport across state lines but if you're in WA Top Shelf, Fireline and Gold Leaf are always fantastic. Never got a bad batch from them.

Favorite strains, though are Pinapple Super Silver Haze, Zen-X, White Widow, Girlscout Cookies and Gorilla Glue.
>>
>>689018894
Death Star, Blue Dream, Green Crack, etc...

The better dispensaries are L'eagle, Northern Lights and Green Solution in my opinion.
>>
>>689025210

Agreed, lots of crystals are practically a guarantee of quality. Ignore that marketing bullshit, it's different for everyone anyway.

Smell is usually a good indicator of quality and flavor. If it smells strong, it'll hit hard. And the smell is basically what it'll taste like when smoked.
>>
File: Icky sticky.jpg (81 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
Icky sticky.jpg
81 KB, 640x479
This shit is fly
>>
>>689018894
These threads are constantly just potheads in legal states and illegal states arguing over who is more knowledgeable.

The strain and how you grow it matters. All weed is not just weed. It might be in your shithole town but not in CO. Half the replies are just people calling each other stupid because they don't know what trichomes or CBD is.
>>
File: 6.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>689020644

Some of us have a much more complex appreciation of the herb, so that we have come to appreciate differences that you apparently overlook. Most strains are hybrids btw, and only lean one way or the other, so your advice is almost entirely useless.
>>
>>689026218
lmao this makes me laugh

you act like it's cheese or something that actually has 'expert tasters'

Weed is a drug, drugs get you high, whatever gets you higher is a better drug
>>
>>689020327
faggot confirmed
>>
>strains are memes
You poor fucks that believe this. You can literally improve every part of your life with different strains to make different things tolerable, or even enjoyable.
>>
fgsfds
>>
>>689018894
Literally anything with California OG genitics
>>
File: 20.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
>>689025210

It's not at all guaranteed. For every harvest you smoke, there are many that never reach you, because it was a failed grow. When you've thrown out several thousand dollars in 'crystally' weed that has little to no effect, because of poor genetics, light, air ventilation, temp, insect infestation, and any other of the endless variables that need to come together to make it potent.
>>
>>689022159
I had some chemdog once and that shit was so strong it just put your ass to sleep.
>>
They're all the same m8
>>
>>689026521
You're the poor fuck if you're trying to use weed to improve your life. All the people i've seen do that fall right into the stoner trap, they're the ones that the conservatives look at and decide that weed shouldnt be legal because of.

You wanna improve your life? Get out and fucking do something about it instead of using drugs. This comes from a person who did the same thing for 3 years and has started to take the hard path after quitting weed, and a life where you work to fix your problems instead of escaping them, is much more satisfying

>>689026758
Hey, I am kind of biased because I am stating what happened in my experience. I do believe you in the sense that crops can look good but be bad. If you get the stuff off a dealer though, or through a dispensary, I think as a rule of thumb, more crystals = better. Generally speaking.
>>
>>689026396

California will soon be labeling it's weed just like the French label their wine. There are many similarities. When you've had conniosseur weed, you may change your mind - but just because you have such a limited enjoyment of weed - doesn't mean it's not going to be the next big thing.
>>
Trainwreck.
Because it is so strong it is even prohibited in Amsterdam.
And it aint got nothing to do with any haze or skunk strains.
>>
>>689026521

Exactly!
>>
>>689022273
I have no problem getting Haze in the UK
>>
>>689018894
ATF or alaskan thunder fuck.
trust me
>>
>>689027413
I'm sure OP wants to stay well away from the ATF. Don't want another Waco on our hands
>>
>>689027413
Real Alaskan thunderfuck is extinct
>>
>>689020291
i like it but id go for any sativa ime gorilla glue is overated
>>
>>689026970

Generally you are correct, but it's not always the case as I was saying. When we harvest, we use 500x microscopes to get a look at the trichomes, and use smell, color, posture and many other visual cues to determine when the plant is at peak THC. We don't always get it right.
>>
>>689026521
strains are memes faggot, you have no clue how cannabinoids work if you think that different strains of weed can solve problems in your life.
>>
>>689026218
>::Tips fedora::
We get it. You vape weed.
>>
Everytime I smoke, I end up feeling nauseous as fuck and just generally uncomfortable. The only time I've smoked and felt fine was some chem strain I can't remember the name of.
Any suggestions for what won't make me feel sick?
>>
Colorado native here. What part of the state?
>>
>>689020720
Not true at all, I often mix both or use one rather than the other
>>
>>689028329
Maybe you smoke too much? Only time i've felt nauseous and uncomfy was when I was in my mates shed and smoked 6 joints in a row

Also I had to sit on the edge of a chair which made it worse

Maybe you should try edibles, they're a bit smoother to me
>>
>>689028329
Just smoke less. Are you eurofag? If so stop putting tobacco in your joints.
>>
File: straining-while-you-poo.jpg (19 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
straining-while-you-poo.jpg
19 KB, 300x199
>>689018894
dont strain to hard
>>
File: 20160526_212751.jpg (2 MB, 2293x3402) Image search: [Google]
20160526_212751.jpg
2 MB, 2293x3402
How does /b/ like my new rig?
>>
If they have it, go with purple alien. Its always my favorite kind. Anyone who's saying strains are bullshit is stupid. It's fucking obvious there are different variations with different levels of thc,cbd, ect. The main choice Is indica or sativa. Body or head high.
>>
>>689029170
rad as fuck anon
>>
>>689029170
looks like a recycler. maybe it looks cool to you, but for how big it is theres very little actual room for the smoke to expand/diffuse, so not much percolation going on.

also, really? fucking q-tips? get yourself a titanium nail, if theres oil left over after a dab it means you fucking wasted it, the nails not hot enough. glass nails are for retards
>>
>>689029170
Very nice. I have a big bong but never used it because I can't use it outside and inside it makes too much noise and smoke lol

anyone got tips for smoking a bong secretly?
>>
>>689029560
Haha you have no clue what you're talking about. This is a quartz swing you need to stop it or it will be dirty. If you go to high temp on it it will also get dirty. This rig is called a klien and it is very good for dabbing.
>>
>>689029776
*Qtip
>>
>>689029605
>secretly smoking a bong inside
no lol
>>
>>689029605
Invest in a smokebuddy
>>
>>689029776
quartz is the same as glass, it doesn't vaporize the dab properly. you shouldn't need q-tips to clean the residue because it should all be dabbing completely. my ti nail is clean every time i take a dab, you're the one who's clearly inexperienced in the dabbing scene
>>
>>689028578
I haven't smoked in a year, and before I stopped (which was because I felt sick), I smoked once a month at most. I haven't tried edibles, that might be a good way to go.
>>689028778
I'm from the US, and never smoke any tobacco. I'm try what the other anon said, maybe edibles are the best option
>>
>>689030070
By 'smoke too much' I don't mean long term. I mean per session
>>
>>689030059
Do you even know how to dab proper temperature? Because if you don't you're not really tasting your wax. To me it sounds like you're going to high temp and just incinerating your wax which destroys THC
>>
>>689018894
Girl Scout Cookies and Norhtern Lights.

Two of the best strains I've ever had, I had been smoking for about 6 years, and been smoking pretty much everyday for the last year and a half.

Thank me later.
>>
File: JackBlack.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
JackBlack.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>689030307
>incinerating your wax which destroys thc
i think it's time you go back to flower, kiddo
>>
>>689029170
For some reason, it looks like cheap glass trying to pass itself as high quality stuff to me.

The bowl piece is nice though.
>>
>>689018894
Most hybrids are all on the same level in the cannabinoid section.
You just gonna need to go what fits your taste.
If you can even speak of taste when you just burn it up anyways.
>>
>>689030480
Haha I'm done entertaining someone who has no clue how to properly dab. Come back once you know about a mothership and how to dab off of one.
>>
>>689029170
>q-tips
who the fuck started this meme? why is it cool now to waste your wax?
>>
>>689031173
It's called tasting your wax. You should try it some time if you actually have some good tasting wax
>>
>>689028778
This for most people its the nicotine that fucks them over when smoking a joint.
I never smoked tobacco but when I roll a joint its always more nauseating when I use lots of tobacco.
>>
>>689031353
lol, too busy coughing like a retard to taste your dabs properly? need to underheat them to taste the "flavors"? it's not fucking wine you idiot, if you're wasting drugs you're wasting drugs
>>
>>689029605
Get a vapo
>>
>>689018894
I want to plant some. what strains are the best/balance outdoors with high yield, taste, HTC, etc. please list your strains.
>>
Any of you guys here have some alternatives to smoking pure or with tobacco?
Ive been toying around with different other herbs to combine with weed
Ive been mostly using passiflora because smoked on its own its already really calming and it potentiates the weed.
I never had any good weed in my life tho so I dont know if ts any good with strong hybrids.
I got some plants currently growing but they still need a lot of time before they actually flower if i dont fuck it up or if there arent any female plants.

Ive been thinking about combining weed with wild dagga because its supposed to be like weed on its own.
Also looking towards lotus.
>>
>>689030478
Definitely the Girl Scout Cookie, it is the best weed I have ever had, nice blend of indica and sativa.
>>
>>689032392
already got one fam, I want to take a big fat bong rip to get super stoned. Vape high is way different to smoke high to me
>>
>>689031822
Do you even know what terpenes are? There is more flavor in properly manufactured wax than wine
>>
File: image.png (963 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
963 KB, 750x1334
>>689029605
Move out of your parents house.

Captcha select all flowers
>>
>>689033696
nop, I study full time and about to get a job, I will be paying my parents and in return I get homecooked food, my own comfy bedroom, a nice working shower, and a place to put my computer

Why would I throw all that away
>>
>>689034044
Once you grow up and realize living with your parents fuckig sucks you will understand. Also when you have your own place you can smoke all the weed you want in your house without worrying about getting in trouble.
>>
>>689034044
Because you can literally have everything you just listed and more in your own place.
>>
>>689034453
To be honest if I could get a place with a good bathroom, good bedroom, and a kitchen, I would go today. But all those places cost huge amounts of money

If I make maybe £100,000 I can leave tomorrow, but I need that money first
>>
>>689018894
Do you want to go do stuff? Get a sativa heavy strain (any of the Hazes, Trainwreck, Durban Poison).
If you want a couch lock, get an indica. I used to care about names and shit, but I've been smoking and growing for 10 years now and all I can say is good herb is good herb. Strains mean very little outside of their growth traits and perhaps your sentimentality towards them. To be honest, I have a soft spot for Blueberry.
>>
>>689020083
Blue cheese is huge in oregon right now. in fact I got a 1/4 sitting here ready to be ground up.
>>
>>689034044
>give me one good reason to move out of my parents house
If I have to give you one its a waste of time Neetfag
>>
>>689035026
What the fuck are you talking about? You don't need to make 100,000£ to live on your own.
>>
>>689035629
Also blue cheese is hands down dopest dope you'll ever smoke, and I live in NorCal. I'm impressed with anon today
>>
>>689018894
>ITT: "weed connoisseurs"
All of it will get you high. The differences are in duration, taste, quality (is it pleasant or not?) and strength. But smoking shit weed will still get you high if you smoke enough of it. If you smoke too much of any strain you'll just fall asleep. There isn't much variation other than the whole body/head thing.
Anything you'll get from a dispensary will be good, find a strain that's tasty and smoke it. They might have high cbd, low thc ones so avoid them if you want to be stoned.
I recommend cherry AK if you can get it. It's my favorite, has this strange tingly effect all throughout your body that I can't get with other strains. Any AK will do it. Smoked northern lights/ ak hybrid once and went almost completrly blind for 5 minutes
>>
>>689035787
I want to buy a place, not have to work 9-5 for the next 10 years to pay for some shit ass apartment

Note that I said i want a GOOD place

If i lost my job or something, 'd like to not get evicted
>>
>>689018894
just walk into a dispensary and buy whatever is in your price range, anon. Pretty much everything in the store will be high quality and bomb as fuck. Maybe tell the budtender what you've smoked before and how you liked it, but really its all weed, man. They're not that different from eachother.

Also, load up on concentrates and edibles, they don't fuck around with that shit, you can spend 30 bucks on some edibles and be off this planet for days.
>>
>>689036148
You delusional if you think you will be able to buy a place right out of college. It doesn't matter if you pay rent or a mortgage if you don't pay every month your gonna get evicted/foreclosed on.
>>
>>689029170
>q-tips
>quartz nail
>>
>>689036569
I know I can't but it straight out of college, which is why I stay with my parents until I can realistically afford to buy a place. I want at least 10-20G in savings before I think about getting a mortgage on a place
>>
>>689018894
silver haze

>>689020296
kills me every time
>>
>>689036760
permavirgin: the post
>>
>>689036760
>2001 + 15
>getting a mortgage
>>
>>689036892
lel you can think what you want but at least I don't need to bust my ass to please my landlord so I don't become homeless
>>
File: IMG_20160414_214739.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_214739.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
Whatever smells good to you is what you should get.
Nothing more nothing less. It's like a food craving your body knows what it wants/needs why not listen to it for once faggot? Get a variety, at some point or another you'll want one of them.
Personal favorites:
Hindu Kush commonly referred to as Jaeger here in Oregon
Jack herer
Jack the ripper
Platinum girl scout cookies
Blue cheese
Headbands
Dream Queen
OK Kush
Regular OG
Dr. Funkenstien pic related
Also sour tsunami a high cbd strain
>>
Orange tide is the tits if you like going out to get bitches
>>
>>689037130
Your just a child that doesn't know anything about how the world works. Have fun putting more stress on your parents because you don't want to move out like a responsible member of society.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.