[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
broke college 19 year old here, how do you guys make side money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: money-01.jpg (901 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
money-01.jpg
901 KB, 1200x800
broke college 19 year old here, how do you guys make side money? i've just been told by step-dad that i need to be gone before next june or pay 500 bucks a month in rent (no way that's happening, he's a huge asshole). I work at best buy and make like ~$700 a month which wont be enough for the ridiculous fucking rent prices in California.

legal or not, doesn't matter to me as long as I get paid. also i have some side talents like photoshop and stuff, no idea how to use those to make money though.
>>
>>688947411
Uber and slinging acid

Just order some off the deep web and when you pick up chill people on uber ask them if they want any
>>
>>688947639
color me interested, but this would be a little tough to get into.

i should mention i live in a pretty small town, and since i'm in college i have no way out until next year. there's not a huge uber presence here as far as i know. i've also heard it can be really expensive with the amount of car repairs and gas you'll have to account for.

also, i've never been on the deep web lol.
>>
Sell crack or suck niggas Dick
>>
>>688948156
You can always sell at your college, and the deep web is pretty easy to navigate
>>
>>688947411
>Stop spending money on stupid shit
>Sell plasma
>Get more hours at your work/get a second job
>>
>>688947411
700/month is litearlly 40 hour minimum wage, anywhere in the US.
>>
>>688948956
i make 10.50, but i work like 15 - 25 hours a week.

>>688948687
sell what?

>>688948603
is there any charts or anything for getting onto the deep web? i've never really had any desire to go onto it, don't want to attract too much attention to my PC.
>>
>>688949519
Plasma. Google it. It's your blood minus red/white blood cells. It'll make you ~$60 a week and take around an hour 2 times a week.
>>
>>688948956
No, it isn't.
>>
>>688949519

use a VPN for anything deep web related

use only trusted markets

never sign for a package a

http://the-hidden-wiki.com
/r/DarkNetmarkets is helpful too
>>
>>688950033
needles terrify me but that pay doesn't look bad. i'll see if there's any near me
>>
>>688947411
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>688950365
What's he an idiot for, you faggot?
>>
>>688950122
Hidden wiki is as sketchy as you hiding in your closet all these years , faggot.
>>
>>688950065
when you get a job, you will know it is.
>>
>>688950444
Fuck you trips
>>
Kill your stepdad. Problem solved. You never liked him anyway.
>>
>>688950513
Federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, dipshit. 40 hours a week, four weeks a month is $1160 gross pay minimum, anywhere in the country.
>>
>>688947411
wtf if you're going to college and got a 10$ an hour job why is your step dad being such an asshole?? unless you're a piece of shit. are you??
>>
>>688950122
i'll check those out, thanks

>>688950365
ok

>>688950754
would do it in a heartbeat but i enjoy my life too much to spend the rest in jail

>>688950820
he's always been an asshole. he's a country redneck who was born on the idea that kids should work since they are 12 and never have fun.

he wanted me to pay rent when i was 16, and wanted me to move out before i turned 18 (which was a few weeks before senior finals)

he's just an unreasonable asshole, no way around it, but since my mom moved into his house, it's his rules.

i wouldnt consider myself a P.O.S, i take out the trash, clean my dishes, keep my room manageable, and buy my own food most of the time.
>>
>>688950256
It's not bad at all. And hopefully it'll get you over your fear of needles. Its a little prick, and watching whatever is on their TV for an hour (or you can bring a laptop, or play on your phone or whatever)
>>
I was in the same situation as you and I taught myself photoshop and basic graphic design skills. I now do freelance design work for 3 different record labels in Los Angeles making $3k a month, which isn't a lot but it's enough for me to rent a room and live comfortably. I could realistically look for more accounts but I'm kinda lazy. If you know how to use photoshop, try and figure out how to do something with it. Be creative.
>>
>>688951671
i know how to use photoshop, illustrator, and adobe premiere pro pretty extensively. i have trouble making money with it though, most of the time local bands who are friends with me want me to do their album art for free or dirt cheap. i'm so fucking jelly though, you sound like you're living my dream atm. i just want to be comfy and design cool shit. i'm a very creative person just a bad business man.

please teach me your secrets
>>
>>688947639
Don't you have to be 21 to do Uber?
>>
>>688952751
>here's the secret: there are no friends in business

If someone wants work done: they pay. Period. There are no friends. If there such GOOD friends they'd pay you. I work at a bar/venue and EVERYONE who's ever met the owner is the owners "friend". Friends help each other out but they also know nothing is for free.
>>
S since your pressed for time, apply to be a merchandiser for your local distributors, as well as pepsi, coke, &dr. Pepper
>>
>>688947411
>get a second job
>sell weed/acid etc whatever drug you can get.
>band artwork
>logo work
>free lance fetish bullshit
>get a job through camel (or whatever cig company) being a rep
>McDonalds
>sell scrap metal
>eBay
>buy big lots of shit and break it down
>flip cars
>>
>>688947411
Hey op, being 100% serious you should start uber driving. And on top of that since you're attending college, get a prescription of adderall and sell it around the campus. You'll make a lot of cash. You can look up how to get a prescription. One more thing you should do is stop spending cash on little shit like McDonald's and energy drinks, it adds up. Good luck.
>>
>>688947411
My man im 27 with a Nice college degree still broke heavy in debt .
>>
Fuck man, I'd be happy with a part time gig right now. Not getting any calls back.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 615x409
Your Step-father is a cunt
>>
>>688953508
for sure. it's hard because they've been my friends since 7th grade and i think i'm just helping them out and i'll get repaid but it never happens.

last time i did their album cover and they paid me 20 bucks after i pressed and pressed for it. by now, there's actually a small indie label making cassettes of it and they're making more money off my design and it kinda irks me.

i should completely try and separate friends from work though, you're right.

how should i come up with pricing? how much is too much? imo graphic design is extremely important in music, especially indie where the market is so saturated.

>>688953542
never heard about this, care to explain a bit?

>>688953949
wow, a lot of options.
>free lance fetish bullshit
>get a job through camel (or whatever cig company) being a rep
>sell scrap metal

can you explain these a little more? unfamiliar

>>688954057
i've completely cut soda and energy drinks out of my diet and you're right, it does help.
looks like the anon above was right though, you have to be 21 to drive for uber.

>>688954081
i'm sorry to hear that

i've considered dropping out of college because i know how fucked the system is but i don't really have another option if my designs dont take off.

>>688954263
go into the place with a resume, that's what helped me get my job! even after finishing the application, remind the manager that you actually are interested more than the 100s of apps they get a day. good luck!

>>688955006
i know.
>>
>>688955457
Worth a shot I guess. So many places don't even have an in person application process though. Been told to essentially fuck off a couple times when I tried that, and to apply online.
>>
>>688955457
It's just how it is . Wages are too low, the requirement to work is too high (the degree ) , one fuckingn disease or accident and it will set you back 10 years in debt .

Your 35000 a year comes to nothing and since you had nice credit from following the rules and shit but eventually dude , the game is set on a higher tier (income). You're inevitable fucked with your degree and disease/accident since your tier (everyone's tier) is going to pay for it forever

Life is gg'd
>>
>>688955874
yeah, take my case with best buy for example

>went in to pick up app, was told to apply online
>applied online
>1 week, nothing
>go in, ask to meet manager, hand him resume and say hello
>few days later get call back for interview

after learning to do this, i kid you not, i had 8 interviews lined up in a week from sears, kohls, tj maxx, some restaurant and best buy. BB just happened to pay more and the store / workers looked friendlier.
>>
>>688956524
I'll try your advice, thanks anon.
>>
Penny stocks.

Reason most people don't trade penny stocks (or stocks in general) is they're afraid of the risk.
If you read and learn about them, you can make $250-$1000 a day if not more.
>>
>>688951498
I've sold plasma several times. Money isn't bad and it's not hard. Once the needle is in its not bad. If anyone wants to do it a lot, I suggest switching arms each time
>>
>>688947411
>$500 a month rent
Nigga i pay $500 a motherfucking week
Welcome to real life, you are lucky he doesnt charge you back for supporting your ass for 19 years
>>
File: how_to_earn_guide_p2.jpg (108 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
how_to_earn_guide_p2.jpg
108 KB, 666x666
>>
>>688955457
>>>688953542 #
>never heard about this, care to explain a bit?

Merchandisers are the guys who stock the products. You go to different stores & stock their products. You'll make way more than your current job but it's menial. Not bad for a HS grad though
>>
You can get a screwdriver and remove all the doorknobs in your dorm at night. Then sell them to a junkyard. they are usually made of brass. And brass is worth a shitload of $
>>
>>688956688

I only do blue chip stocks now but if op is that desperate , he's better off playing the lotto
>>
wheres your real dad? move in with him if hes still around
>>
>>688951321
Well quit being a little bitch then. Why should have to pay because you dont want to work?
>>
>>688957606
He's dead
>>
Lol just buy bulk loads of weed and start selling around your college, or buy molly caps/ tabs of the deep web in bulk then sell to people at your college, people will always buy that shit and tabs/ caps etc on the deep web aren't bad of a price and usually good quality. I sold all through my late high school years and college years, whilst working part time at Burger King and I was making enough to have a decent car and then move into a good apartment. Ezy lol
>>
>>688953949
Not OP but can one sell old bikes for scrap? Is it worth the price? Where does one go the scrap metal?
>>
>>688947411
If you have a car and live in the silicon vally Doordash is your savior. I live in San Jose and I make an average of 50 every 3 hours. Just make sure your car is not a pos gas guzzler.

Or military... Seriously all my friends who enlisted have made it. House, cars, all that shit.
>>
>>688956688
Wolf of wall street, nice.
That shit really works?
BTW not OP
>>
>>688956879
i guess it's time to get over my fear of needles.

>>688956912
sounds like a scam

>>688957135
hm, how can i look into this? i wouldnt have any idea where to start. i dont have a truck or anything, im assuming you work for a business that provides one?

>>688957228
you can sell things to junk yards? like the ones with cars?

>>688957606
that first reply wasnt me, my dad is still alive. he lives in alabama though and i am NOT trying to move all the way across the country. i love california, even if it is expensive. plus he ditched me and my sister to go off with his bimbo wife, so i dont really give a shit about either of them at this point.

>>688957696
i am working, but i cant work a full time job enough to support myself because i'm also going to school. there's no way you can be so dense to not see that there is literally not enough time in the day to make that much money and take 12 college units a semester.

>>688957945
sounds like drug dealing is the illegal money method of choice.

i guess it's menial, but anyone ever made good money stealing from huge companies? my conscience doesn't have a problem with it and i would probably have fun learning the ins and outs of walmart security.
>>
>>688957945
And if it doesn't work out, you get free rent & meals in prison. Win/win
>>
>>688947411
do what you have been doing for years anyway , just hang around parks and public bathrooms and suck old guys dicks but start charging for it you fucking faggot
>>
You fucking moron. No one cares if you "can't afford it" you pussy liberal faggot. You're the reason why it's becoming semi-normal for 23 year olds to live with their parents. Move out anyway and make serious lifestyle choices and changes to accommodate your lack of money THEN find ways to make more. You're not an adult and have no experience in the real world if you still live with daddy.

I honestly hope he kicks you out. Suddenly through magic you'll start finding all sorts of ways to make money at that stage! Crazy how that works out
>>
>>688959447
>hm, how can i look into this? i wouldnt have any idea where to start. i dont have a truck or anything, im assuming you work for a business that provides one?

No, the drivers deliver the products to the stores, you just merchandise it. Most companies are often hiring BECAUSE of the high turnover .
>>
>>688959812

>All this typed out by a fat fuck who still lives with mommy at age 32
>>
File: 1464734119288.jpg (48 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1464734119288.jpg
48 KB, 480x480
>>688958292
>Or military... Seriously all my friends who enlisted have made it.
Also gulf war syndrome, rage, guilt, suicidal tendencies, lost limbs, homelessness..go for it buddy :D
>>
File: b6].png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
b6].png
146 KB, 625x626
>>688959812
here's your (you)
>>
>>688960175

>Also gulf war syndrome, rage, guilt, suicidal tendencies, lost limbs, homelessness..go for it buddy :D
>Says the /b/tard

Yes, tell us more about how the army is a bad choice you liberal faggot
>>
>>688960034
oh, so basically you just stock up the stores.

does this really pay better than 10.50 an hour? that's what i make at best buy atm.

>>688960076
probably

or some rich preppy daddy's boy who never worked a day in his life anyway

>>688960175
idk, i've heard of plenty of military success stories. not everyone goes to the front lines. i'd like to keep that as a last resort though.
>>
File: 1464702036155.jpg (61 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1464702036155.jpg
61 KB, 800x820
>>688960313
I'm not part of your liberal/democratic/faggot system.
I exist outside the realm of your tiny limited existence. Open your mind and you might actually get over that depression you're obviously suffering from.
>>
>>688960919

>I exist outside the realm of your tiny limited existence. Open your mind and you might actually get over that depression you're obviously suffering from

That outside realm being World Of Warcraft because you're not worth shit in the real world. Thanks for confirming.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.