[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /b/ just lost my job and I was wondering if you guys had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
Hey /b/ just lost my job and I was wondering if you guys had suggestions for jobs to get for a high school graduate that has a lot of opportunity to move up and pays more than 10$ an hour? No stripping or gay things thanks :3
>>
>>688767410
mailmen make like 60k no college

I know like 6 mailmen in my family
>>
>>688767849
Wow really? Just like the Postal Service drivers? That's pretty good :o
>>
>>688768176
Yeah but you have to take a test (for USPS)

UPS also hires people and promotes them to drivers after a while
>>
>>688768700
Hm, I'll look into that thanks a bunch :D also nice dubs
>>
>>688767849
except being a mailman is hard as shit
>>
>>688769462

oh yeah well that too. most of them had their knees replaced
>>
>>688767410
no joke, go work for a bank. except credit unions Anywhere in the financial industry except inside of branches. Work hard and you'll be 20-30+ easy in a few years.
>>
>>688769937
at least that is how it's working out for me now. Started taking CS calls at 18 immediately after high school, now im 23 making $76k. Obviously i'm not taking calls anymore, but had a few promotions to say the least lol
>>
>>688769937
What exactly do you mean except inside the branches? I always think of bank jobs as being like a teller or something. I've also heard it's hard to get bank jobs, is that even true?
>>
>>688770327
REALLY?? Wow that literally sounds perfect for me Jesus. What bank do you work for? Was it hard to get hired? What kind of requirements were there?
>>
>>688767410
FedEx
>>
U didnt do nuffim?
>>
Free loader!!
>>
>>688770423
By except branch jobs, I mean working inside of the corporate offices. Wherever they have their call centers. Banks always promote within in these environments and with the positive attrition, they are hiring at least 50-75 people a month just in my line of business. Being in this industry, I have heard it is the same exact way with every big bank. There are no requirements to get into these entry level jobs, they start everyone out at least $15 an hour, most of the time more if you have any experience elsewhere.
>>
>>688767410
Bus boy at catering halls. I know a guy who has a GED who does that, he's 33 and has a son. I did that gig for four days, I got payed 17 an hour working 6 hours. Its seasonal shit but if you do good, they will call you frequently.
>>
Stop being a minion and create your own job you pathetic little knot.
>>
>>688770605
Where do you live btw?
>>
>>688767410
Get your CNA and try out nursing.
You can get more certifications and start rolling in serious dough if it turns out you like it.
>>
>>688771270
This would be nice but at 20 I have no idea where or what to even do to start this :)
>>
>>688771399
I live in San Antonio Texas c:
>>
File: 1345778181715.jpg (435 KB, 600x791) Image search: [Google]
1345778181715.jpg
435 KB, 600x791
you could be a gay stripper?
>>
>>688771123
So you're saying I should try to get a job as a customer service rep at a call center for a bank? And work hard to move up? I think I would be down for that! What kind of work do you do now ?
>>
>>688771882
Someone didn't read the Original posting!
>>
>>688767849
>>688768176
>>688768874
I started as a sorted,and after they knew i wasnt going to steal shit and that i didnt have warrents,and had no driving violations they bumped me up to driver.
Your entire day is layed out for you, you're just a cog in a freashly oiled maching every day
Do it op
>>
>>688772252
This seems like a viable option however I don't see any positions for drivers open in my area :(
>>
>>688772252
Well also currently there aren't sorter positions available, or at least it said online that they aren't doing anymore testing for it or something along those lines.
>>
>>688772477
Start as a sorter. Unless you have driving exp,and/or a commerical license, you wont go straight in to a driver position
>>
>>688767410
i've heard that working for your local credit union is a good gig.
>>
>>688772699
Yeah, I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully a spot opens up :3
>>
>>688772899
I may look into this as well, even though there was a guy earlier saying that it's best to avoid inside bank branches and credit unions lol, any idea how they pay?
>>
>>688771888
That is exactly what i'm saying. It worked out well for me, so I know others can do it too. If you put your mind to it, they will give you what you deserve. Right now, I actually manage all reporting and analytics for the entire mortgage side of the bank i'm at. I pull data from servers, and collaborate with execs on different trending metrics and come up with business initiatives to drive said statistics in the necessary direction.
It may not sound fun, but for what they are paying me, and how well I perform, I'm good to go haha. It's funny too, all of my peers and everyone I work with is twice my age, they ask how old I am and are shocked every time. Do it man, find some call centers around you, and start applying. Dont go through one of those contracting companies.
>>
>>688773182
Holy shit that sounds amazing. I would say I am smarter than the average Joe so I will absolutely give this a shot. Do you have any suggestions for companies to prioritize?
>>
>>688772899
Yeah no. Credit unions are garbage. It's like working for a mom and pop shop. Credit unions usually have no developed process around any decisions they make. "Oh hey that sounds like a good idea, let's do it". But in this case, that idea, is cutting your pay. lol. Dont do it. If you decide to go to a credit union, do whatever you can to work outside of it. Branch Employees are scum of the industry. Obviously they are the face for each institution. but until you work in the field, you won't necessarily understand.
>>
>>688773765
Thanks anon I appreciate the insight I'll avoid those :D
>>
>>688773541
Like are there banks that you would say are better than others in regards to promotion and stuff like that?
>>
>>688773541
Yeah man, keep that attitude and you'll do just fine. You will notice, once hired, the people around you are old, and they don't give a shit, they are just there for a check and they know their lives are over. Starting out young and working your way up, you wont even need a degree.
Honestly in this case, you need to see if BAC, WF, or JP has call centers in San Antonio. I know there are a ton in Plano and DFW. But do some research. if either of the three have a call center around you, apply for every "Customer Service Rep" or "back office rep" role you see. Just get your foot in the door. After your 1 year of employment, you can go anywhere you want. the possibilities are endless.
>>
>>688774440
Seriously anon thanks a lot I appreciate the tips I'm gonna save your response and do my best to get into that position! You've helped me more than you know :3
>>
>>688774122
>>688774243
For sure man, no problem, it's nice to see someone trying to better themselves instead of gargling dick and bagging groceries. like wtf.
To tell you the truth, any of the 3 institutions I listed above will have very similar processes in regards to promotions and moving up in general. Just get in somewhere. If things aren't as great as you hope, you can hop to another bank at or above the level you were at with the prior.
>>
>>688774983
Yeah that sounds good. Yeah I've never understood the people who fucking work a minimum wage job until they are 30 like wtf. I mean before this I did auto glass replacement and the money was Ok but there wasn't much room to move up so I got out.
>>
>>688767849
Yeah. Postal service jobs can pay for your education outright if you decide to move on afterwards too. If theres postal jobs going, take em.
>>
Garbage man
$18 /hr
>>
>>688769462
>>688769632
Wtf?! It's hard to walk around and carry ten pounds of paper? Get fucking real
>>
No factorys ? Easy work , great pay , packages. If you have any kind of brain, they will try to promote you so fast. Working at one now. 3 promos less then 8 months. Teaching me automation, injection molding, got a forklift lic. That can carry you to other jobs well also. All free. With just a lil work n effort. 25 28k not even a yr in
>>
>>688775450
Yeah man it's insane..... Not a problem though, best of luck to you for sure.
Sire note: the dude above me talking about paying for your education, the bank im at gives us $6k a year for school. They dump it right into our checks. (Just gotta provide proof). That is like one of 60 benefits you get. if I were to list them all you'd walk into a random spot tomorrow and beg them to hire you.

Rq, make sure you smash the interview. fucking up the interview will not get you in. lol obviously. but practice with someone, be ready for it.
>>
>>688775832
Paper is probably heavy when there is a lot of it :D
Also do I always have to fucking select an image when I wanna fking post something....
>>
>>688776091
Perhaps, for me I haven't had much experience in the work force. I am 20, and went to university for a bit right out of college so I forget that those jobs even exist :d more like I never thought about it.
>>
>>688776228
I mean they got those little faggy jeeps too. They only walk around the block back To their car, and if the neighbourhood has shared mail boxes they don't walk at all
>>
>>688767410
If you have a car jimmy johns delivery is the shit. Chill as fuck coworkers, no drug tests and if you include your tips usually around 15 an hour.
>>
>>688776187
I'll certainly do my best. I don't have an insane amount of work experience but I think I am decent at interviews, is there anything specific to interviews at the bank lol? You got any quick tips? :3 I would love to go to school so that is a huge plus too.
>>
>>688776748
I would also like some tips on the interview thing, and the resume too is you people are feeling kind.

What give bad signals in banks and the like?

Am not OP but I do need a job too. If it´s a good one then even better.
>>
>>688776461
Im also 20, spent one semester getting my EMT-B and now im making 38k. Shitty hours, but rewarding as fuck if your into helping people and seeing fucked up stuff. Also bitches love EMT's
>>
>>688776187
Would this be the kind of thing I am looking for? :D
http://careers.bankofamerica.com/job-detail/16028646/united-states/us/relationship-manager-san-antonio-tx-south-san-antonio-area
>>
>>688777255
Lol bitches love EMT's? :D How much did it cost to get your EMT-b?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.