[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you handle the fact that you are going to die and so is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 7
File: FB_IMG_1459486060828.jpg (108 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459486060828.jpg
108 KB, 1280x1920
How do you handle the fact that you are going to die and so is everyone else you know, like no matter what you do you're going to die and that's it... I just can't stop thinking about it.
>>
went through that phase .. than i started doing heroin

all good now
>>
>>688488828
Cant change it so why think about it.
Its like when ugly people get sad because they are ugly?
Crying isnt going to fix it so shut the fuck up and get over it.
>>
Go do your homework, Jimmy
>>
>>688488828
There's a lot of people who I don't particularly like much, so it suits me just fine.
>>
File: 1457927465661.gif (1 MB, 636x550) Image search: [Google]
1457927465661.gif
1 MB, 636x550
>>688488828
Google is investing billions of dollars to reverse aging. Look up 'Calico'.
>>
I am very comfortable with it. Knowing there's an end to all this shit. Whatever is on the other side of the exit can't be worse than living - and if there turns out to be nothing at all, so much the better.

Oh noes, I am going to die and miss out on a million shitty tv shows and official bullshit? How can the world be so cruel.
>>
I'm 18, should I just continue doing drugs and getting drunk, seems to work fine. Doesn't effect my job
>>
>>688488828

do some shrooms
>>
You got OCD bro. Try meditation

Also, who cares?
>>
>>688489249
Im all for mushrooms and other similar drugs but it seems like a bad idea to take psychedelic drugs with that mindset
>>
>>688488828
I have come to terms with that fact. The only thing that bothers me is when I think about my dog dying and leaving me. Those feels.
>>
>>688488828
Doing things that l enjoy from life
>>
More worried about what comes after death, if we have a soul or our conscious is energy, you can never add or take away energy from the universe.
>>
>>688488828
Used to get super freaked out about it when I was younger. Now that I'm older and married with kids I'm much more content and settled with it. I'm much more concerned about other things than my own mortality. Used to stress about it much more when I was taking drugs too
>>
>>688489405
Your dogs life is only a small part of your world.
But your are everything in his/her world.
>>
By the time you hit your thirties it becomes more of a reassuring fact than anything
>>
>>688488828
the fact that every single thing as a expiration date is more scary

people dying, me dying, meh
>>
>>688488828
are you new at life or something
>>
>>688489402
I've only done weed
>>
>>688488828
Welcome summerfag
>>
You will also be completely forgotten in 3 generations.
>>
im ready to go....full life...nothing left to do or see
>>
>>688489565
Yeah I'm 18 turning 19 it's just I've had a very close family member die and I want to make her proud and my family proud, I want a good wife and kids.
>>
>>688488828
don't get me wrong, I don't want to die yet. but eventually get to to the point that dying isn't the scary part, it's painfully dying or everyone else around you dying and being the last one all alone. then there's the thought of me dying and leaving my wife and kids to suffer.

makes me sound like a bit of a pussy, but idc
>>
>>688489555

While this is true, it is also a fact that energy changes states. You might get to spend the next ten billion years as a drop of water or a bit of light reflected off a Toyota Corolla.
>>
>>688488828
Went through that phase too, then I had ket/weed/MDMA and now everything seems fabricated. Almost as if i'm living everyday within a dream world, it doesn't help that I'm a raging insomniac. When you'are an insomniac you're never really awake and you're never really asleep, this all contributes to a completely fucked up mental state and I should probably seek therapy but fuck it lol I have exams atm. Also, don't worry the more you ignore it the faster life passes by and the faster you realize that life is incredibly fast, friends and family will quickly die around you and before you know it you will have wasted your life doing something you haven't enjoyed and will attempt suicide.
>>
>>688489726
>Smoked weed
Fucking teenager
>>
>>688488828
Wtf man are you 14?
Most ppl are freaking relieved when they die...
>>
I went through this a while ago.
The sudden realizatiom that you are just going to die at some point. There's no two ways about it. Even if there's a magical potion that allows you to live for 100000 more years - you are still going to die.
But it's also the realization that everything must perish in order for the universe to move forward. Your kids will die. Your grandkids will die. Their children will die. The world will die. The solar system will die

Coming to the other realization which is somewhat comforting: You are not the first person to die and you sure as fuck will not be the last.
Death isn't a nice thing and it's very hard to get over it. Iv cried to the fact that my mother will die. My fucking mom will die and I really never want that to happen because i fucking love her. But it's just gotta happen. Same with you and other anons.

The hardest thing about death, for me, is knowing that I will do it alone. No one will die with me. I'm more than likely gonna be in a hospital bed sorounded by loved ones, who are watching me fade into a lifeless corpse. Then nothing. I won't even know I died.
That's scary as fuck to me.
But hey, then you realize that you only get to be alive once, so just run and be a person, ya know?
>>
>>688489852
now i know what i'm dealing with, i'm out
>>
>>688489852

"good wife and kids". Yeah right. 55-65 % of all marriages end within five years. Then it's only 13-18 years left of paying for a kid you don't get to see much. Good life investment there kiddo.
>>
>>688489902
Thank you. You've just put my mind, body and soul at ease with that one statement.
>>
>>688489798
This

Literally just think about it, in a couple hundred years no one on earth will know that you existed, nor your family members, you're just a tiny spec within the universe without any meaning. In approximately 120 years there will be an entirely new population of 7+ billion humans, we will all terminate, we will all be forgotten.
>>
>>688488828
Not only that, OP
>one day you'll die
>one day everyone who ever knew you will die
>You will be forgotten
>it will be as though you never existed
>>
>>688489572
I highly doubt a dog is capable of feeling emotions.
>>
>>688489976

That is kinda funny dude. The best thing I want from my death, is to die alone. If I am weak and in pain and know I have no hope left but for a quick end then leave me the fuck alone. Having to deal with anyone else right then is not on my damn bucket list.
>>
>>688489798
Not if you upload starcraft or cs tutorials to youtube. They'll be playing this shit forever
>>
>>688490207
youre fucking stupid if you believe that
>>
>>688489976
Wow. That sums up how I feel, so incredibly accurate. My family member ended up like that, they had a stroke and was in lock out where you can't do anything you're trapped inside your body and can't do anything and they were like that for a week so I spent everyday and night at the hospital until it happened saying my goodbyes, now I'm crying but idgaf, thank you
>>
>>688489852
You cant make death ppl proud. Their conciousness just faded away and stopped existing.
>>
>>688488828
Ray Kurzweil and a collection of scientists believe that biological immortality will be achieved by 2030-2045. Given the technological golden age we are living in, I can see that defeating death (at least by age-related causes) is a real possibility.
>>
File: 1465351046134.jpg (17 KB, 460x248) Image search: [Google]
1465351046134.jpg
17 KB, 460x248
>>688488828
Theres nothing you can do. Period. You will just be drowning in your own sorrow if you keep thinking like this. Best thing to do is to forget about it and keep moving foward.
>>
Can't wait for it. I hope in the meantime I can convince people not to have kids so we can stop this cycle of suffering
>>
man people who are scared about dying are like... fuckin' lame
>>
File: hereistoday.png (83 KB, 452x503) Image search: [Google]
hereistoday.png
83 KB, 452x503
>>688488828
stop thinking about it... in the long run it really doesn't matter.

http://hereistoday.com/
>>
>>688489902
>you
>implying the matter or energy your conciousness was installed on is "you"
Pleb.
>>
>>688488828

Heaven/Janna is real: no queues in Disney land heaven = fantastic result

When you die nothing happens: Your mind wont exist therefore no emotion will be available for you to be upset about you circumstances. At least you wont have to worry about dying. = Neutral result.
Reincarnation is real: Just keep killing yourself until you are born into a utopia where you can live forever and don't have to worry about death. (and have big tits) = Eventually fantastic result.

Don't worry OP, death is probably better than life anyway so look forward to it.
>>
>>688490658

Fucking jay. Immortality. A pill now available for all the rich and powerful. Trump, Clinton, the Koch brothers and the Kardashians surfing into eternity. I'd rather have the Black Plague back.
>>
>>688488828
This thought makes me live the life to the fullest. Just live your life, faggot. Get off /b/, go fuck some chicks/guys(w/e dafuq you're into), do drugs, drink, have fun. But be nice, tho.
>>
File: 1464936286058.gif (2 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
1464936286058.gif
2 MB, 300x203
just read borges essay about consciousness. Do you stop existing when you stop feeling hungry? or stop existing when you go to sleep? Is a deaf or a blind person less conscious than you? I never really got to worked up, but that really put my mind at ease. what is consciousness? It's nothing.
>>
>>688488828
i smile knowing that ugly people will always perish.
>>
>>688490783

Corpses come, corpse go. Whatever. If you know what kind of frames we'll be strung on on the other side, reserve one built on hand grenades for me thaaaank you.
>>
>>688488828
love man physical companionship with a partner as much and at all times possible until ur old and grey and turn to dust
>>
Your thinkings is the first step in buddhism, to understand life we first have to understand death
>>
>>688488828
by being religious.

and by that i don't mean numbing my mind with "be good > get paradise" simplistic thoughts, but actually reflecting about the meaning of life and the universe through a religious prism.

catholic btw.
>>
>>688488828
So hows middle school?
>>
>>688489976
>>688490528
Can you be faggots somewhere else? Grown man dont cry, you fucking retards.
You two will be major cucks in the future. Wtf has the white man become? Crying on the chuns about fucking mortality and their mums.... pathetic
>>
>>688491264
i'll add, studying history and the ways of our ancestors who had it way harder than us brings also great perspective, inspiration and strength.
>>
>>688491004
Thank you.
>>
>>688491162
I dont really get it, but there is no other side.
>>
OP you should watch a movie called Synedoche, New York
>>
>>688491004
"living life to the fullest" doesn't necessary mean fucking every holes you can, faggot.
>>
>>688491424
>who had it way harder than us
Only if they were liberal cucks.
>>
>>688488828

Just don't be selfish with it. Instead of imagining that you are going to die, imagine that nature goes on. Nature finds away. Even if we destroy literally all life in a fit of hubris, new life will from. Your death means that generations after you will live on. Life isn't just waiting for oblivion, its a set of steps,where we can only see the steps before us.
>>
Become a molecular biologist/biochemist and study aging, figure out how to stop it
Easy fixed
>>
>>688491306
Nigga fuck up.
If you ain't man enough to cry then you truely a bitch at heart.
You wanna be the man you think we all should be? Then you better not feel sad anytime soon or else you a bitch. You better not miss anyone or you a bitch. You better not feel down every now and then or you a bitch.

Fuck you.
>>
>>688491601
>Only if they were liberal cucks.

i was talking in a material way. medicine, comfort, society's stability ...
>>
>>688488828
Because you have NO idea what life is
>>
>>688491490

You could be wrong. And you can be right. The good part here is that we get to get away from HERE. My life is not worth more than a fly or a bacteria, just longer and a lot more painful in total. Nothing of value will have been lost when it ends.
>>
>>688491514
Is it on Netflix?
>>
Grow up summerfag.
>>
Shit man. This bread is so deeep.

What is wrong with you fags. We al gon die.
Time for dank memes is now!!!
>>
We sure will die. Just try to have a positive impact on people and things while you're here. What's the matter with non existence? You didn't exist before your mom got pregnant with you and that wasn't so bad was it?
>>
>>688488828
I don't care. Not even a little.
>>
This thought was also brought up because I'm watching Vikings season 3 ep 10 and Ragnar is dying...
>>
>>688488828

I go through this every so often. You search and claw for an answer but there is nothing and the longer you keep looking the more you realize no one has any fucking idea what is going on. They just stare at whats in front of them.

Then you forget about it a bit.
>>
>>688492020
I'm not sure. If you have a superchillin account you can watch it there though
>>
>>688489726
Weed is a psychedelic drug
>>
>>688491264
>reflecting about the meaning of life and the universe through a religious prism.
Yeah that's a great idea. You dont like how things are, so you go to some old virgins who tell you fairy-tales about a guy who did everything right in his life.
How the fuck should that help with his fear of death if he isnt going to indoctrinate himself into actually believing in the idea of an afterlife, which is nothing else than denying reality?
If we are acting like that, i'd just recommend benzos, since you dont have to give up your sense for reality when you take them...
>>
>>688492293
hope he donated his hand numbered scandinavian doom metal vinyl collection.
>>
>>688488828
I just drank my dark emotions away for last 26 years since old enough to get alcohol at 16.
>>
>>688492426

Heh. They aren't old virgins. They are old pedos. According to all the court cases, that is...
>>
>>688492426
>a guy who did everything right in his life.

Christ was afraid of death at his last hour. Chist was Man and God in one. This is what makes him so fascinating.

I don't mean to start a theological debate, but if you're interested to talk about these things at all, I suggest you educate yourself.
>>
Birth ...... Death

The bit in between is called life. Enjoy.
So you're going to die. Least you're alive to know that.
>>
>>688491689
>If you ain't man enough to cry then you truely a bitch at heart.
Arr you crazy? What is manly in crying? It's something bitches do who cant accept theor current situation but are to weak to do shit about it.
If you cant handle the death of a loved one you are a fucking bitch.
Little girls handle that shit
>>
>>688488982
Why get over stuff if you are going to die anyway, and probably in more painfull ways than people who shoot themselves
>>
>>688490207
kek
>>
>>688488828
The Buddhist question of 'Were you scared of not being born?' Really helped me to relax and live in the moment.
>>
That is life. And the only reason why religion exists is the fear to this evidence.
>>
>>688491925
Explain to me how i could be wrong! What lets you believe that there is a life after death?
>>
>>688492732
You stupid as hell.
>>
>>688492639
Being feared is no sin in christianity you dumbass.
Doing something wrong in a religious sense is called committing a sin. Now you smartass tell me which sins jesus christ comitted.
>>
>>688492990
thousands of books have been written on the subject, and not just religious ones. i'm not saying these books are right, and you've entitled to believe whatever you want, but your brilliant rhetoric of "stuff lives, stuff dies" certainly doesn't invalidate them.
>>
I used to worry about it and was always scared of death. Ever since my ex took my child away from me, the thought of death no longer bothers me at all.
>>
>>688492732
I saw my grandad, the toughest man iv ever known, cry at his mother's funeral. He was heartbroken because that was his mother. If you don't cry from the loss of a loved one then you truely are an over compensating little bitch.
>>
>>688492916
Mmmm, I disagree.

Religion exsists because of death. The idea that man can die, his ideals, his values, his memories, gone in an instant.

Religion succeeds death, it's eternal, or at least a lot longer living. It's somewhere to channel a part of yourself to live on, something bigger than yourself. Somewhere you can be eternal.
>>
>>688493248
you said "did everything right" not "never sinned".

i took it as "how is he going to relate to a figure who was out of this world and didn't share the concerns he has".
>>
>>688488828
So what? That's how it's been forever. There's nothing special or deep about it. It's just how it is. Go focus on having fun while you're here. Don't just get a job to pay the bills, go live a life you want.
>>
>>688493192
No, i'm a fucking grown man, like your grandfather was. . before jewish media turned everyone into an emotional special snowflake.
I dont cry, which doesnt mean idgaf, but since im a man i stay strong so that others feel better when im around. Also really everyone looses loved ppl at some point, so what gives you the right to lose control and behave like a child in public, when real children sometimes can go through it with a lot more dignity?
We are not savages from the jungle who act on what they feel.
>>
>>688493265
Nope, but the lack of any scientific evidence pointing in the direction of an afterlife kinda invalidates them.
>>
>>688492732
>>688493521

The 2 extremes here make you both sound like fucking idiots. How do you not understand that everybody is not the exact same person?

Some people cry when they are sad, and they can't help it.
Other people don't cry when they get sad, but that doesn't mean they are not sad.
>>
>>688493456
Than you grandfather was a bitch too. You could kill my own children in front of my eyes and i wouldnt cry. You dont understand that crying in public is a fucking no go for a man in real western culture. If your emotions are stronger than you, you are a fucking girl. Hang around with lgbt ppl and cry all you want, but dont come at me, telling me you have to "man up to cry" you idiot. My 12yo son would probably beat you to the point you start crying lmfao.
>>
>>688493657
Ok if you want to do it like this, tell me what jesus did wrong church boy :)
>>
>>688492990

I have my experiences and base my beliefs on them. Since you do not have any experiences I doubt you would accept mine. But neither have you been able to experience radio waves with your body; will you therefore deny the possibility of their existance? Since you have not seen the back side of the moon with your own eyes, can it therefore not exist?
>>
>>688493521
Normally fears are not for yourself but for your beloved. You don't care if you die. But you suffer for your kids, wife, whatever
>>
>>688493944
>scientific evidence

i love how people talk about "science" as if it is this unanimously agreed upon universal truth that gets ratified by some sort of supernatural council whose seal of approval equals canon.

sounds like old days religion to me.

how many of us even understand basic quantum physics ?

don't get me wrong, science is good. very good. but in the end it's nothing more than human's attempts to rationalize the universe from what they know of it.

and we are still far, far from having seen it all.
>>
>>688494476
I will cry in front of you, then I will kill u and your shitty beliefs
>>
>>688488828
If you're unhappy that you're unhappy, it stressed out because you're stressed out, the only advice I have to you is to realize and be aware of your life more than usual. There cannot be ups without downs, the same way with happiness and unhappiness.

Live is an experience, and it would be so much easier for there to had been nothing at all, yet there is life in this universe and you are experiencing it through the consciousness you call "I".

Live life in the present, and realize that's all there is and ever will be, and you'll get a whole new outlook on life. Instead of calling it work, call it play. Life isn't that serious to begin with, it's what you make of it. How do you know that you're alive without having once been dead? Once you realize this, everything will come into place, pieces will start connecting, and just living will be an experience in itself.
>>
>>688494465
I understand that, but a grown man should be able to control his emotions. Not only in the direction that he doesnt start fights about small things, but also in the direction that he doesnt cry in public. That's the reason why we are not savages and if we stop behaving like humans we could as well just start climbing up trees again.
>>
>>688494562
see my original answer.

>"My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

Thought that was something someone afraid of death could relate to.

and i don't go to church much actually.
>>
>>688493944
What lack?

There's plenty of evidence, the key is intpretation.

We live in a cyclic system.
Patterns repeat themselves.
Matter is never destroyed, it just changes states.

What if the big bang occurred from the eventual heat death of the previous exsistence.

What if this has been going on eternal, like a record on a loop.

Your interpretation is that once your dead, you're gone. Cause we can't see you here anymore. All you've done is changed state.

How are you so sure that there isn't life after death.

A broad interpretation of thermodynamics says there has to be something.
>>
>>688488828
Death is the last episode of your show.
Keep watching faggot and shut up.
>>
>>688488828
I just wanna put my tongue inside Rihanna's asshole once before I die
>>
>>688488828
The trick is not to think about it, jesus I figured that out when I was 9
>>
>>688494687
No because radiowaves are proven to exist and it just doesnt make sense that the moon has no backside lol. Where is any evidence of an afterlife? Ppl are looking for it since the beginning of time.
>>
>>688495058
>There's plenty of evidence, the key is intpretation.

this

science is not the opposite of religion. some high level scientists are also religious.
>>
>>688494476

Have you by any chance been diagnosed with some sort of mental illness?

I don't generally cry in public. It is considered a display of weakness for one thing, but sometimes it is considered a display of madness not to react at all. I'd say the loss of a very close person is a generally accepted reason to deviate from the standard.
>>
>>688490181
Pictures exist now. The Internet will hold our legacy
>>
>>688490781
Cool site anon
>>
>>688494835
True, but i think it's pretty unlikely that there are billions of ppl on this side and billions of ppl on the other side and we just dont know about each other, although everyone on the other side has to have travelled from here to there somehow.
>>
>>688495229
did you personally prove that radiowaves exist ?

if you didn't, it just means you trust Science Weekly more than you trust, say, the Dalai Lama.
>>
>>688494763
I try to base myself in logic when I feel the fear of it coming. For me or my loved ones.

Simply, what can I do to change it. Absolutely zip. So what is the point of wasting time stressing/worrying/spending anytime on it.

Why not take that time, no matter how brief, and spend it in the here and now, with that loved one.

They/Me/we are going to die. No choice in the matter. Why live in its shadow..
>>
>>688494935
I will make you cry friend but i'll let my 12yo fight you, since i dont beat woman :)
>>
>>688495532
i'm not saying it's easy to fathom by any means. it's not much different from thinking about a neverending universe though, to me ...
>>
File: 1459442355659.jpg (101 KB, 543x408) Image search: [Google]
1459442355659.jpg
101 KB, 543x408
>>688488828
everyone is born, and everyone dies. It's what's between the two that make people different from one another.

See, you can be a faggot like yourself, and cry cry cry like a pathetic beta. Or you can live your life, have fun, have pleasure, make the connections in your brain feel like it has meaning, and then die happy, with family, or friends, or whatever made you happy.

Cry more you stupid faggot.
>>
>>688488828
take death as culmination of life and relax
>>
>>688495229

Ooooh, so you accept proof now. So if some scientist puts forward a mathematical proof of the afterlife, you will immediately accept it and change your views?

If it helps - I spent most of my life being a diehard atheist. Then again I spent most of my life thinking one set of politicians were more honest and truthful than another set of politicians too. You grow, if only eventually.
>>
>>688495001
So it is wrong to be afraid of pain in your opinion?
>>
>>688495572
you're absolutely right. there's no denying it's not always easy though.
>>
File: 1463242255810.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
1463242255810.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>688490094
www. myhousemadestats .com is that you???
>>
>>688495420

Only if you are caught on a pic while screwing your cat. Otherwise you can forget about your legacy after about, oh, four days from your death?
>>
>>688488828

Already over it.
>>
>>688495650
Stop raping your son. He will appreciate it
>>
>>688488828
read "Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" by Alan Watts ;)
realy helpful book. even the first chapter is enough to understand everything. i strongly advise you to read it.
>>
>>688495751
that's pretty much the instinct that was given to us, like so many others. our earthly inheritance. Christ tells us to try and surpass those if we can, but also tells us we're forgiven if we fail.

this is /b/ though and i don't like sounding like an evangelist on here :p
>>
>>688488828
Eventually you'll want to die.
>>
>>688495743
i liek u <3
>>
>>688495800

Go to wikipedia. then "divorce_demography". knock yourself out buddy.
>>
>>688495795
Nah. Shits scary sometimes. But if we didn't have fear, we wouldn't have positive things either, like joy, motivation, or learning.

Joy/sorrow, up/down, zero/one, day/night, boy/girl, good/bad, life/death.

Can't have one without the other.
>>
>>688495058
>
We live in a cyclic system.
Patterns repeat themselves.
Matter is never destroyed, it just changes states.
So a human conciousness is matter? What is thos bullshit even supposed to mean? Just because iron is an element i can still destroy a car.
>>
>>688495540
No, someone else did it and i read about it and couldnt find a flaw.
>>688495743
>So if some scientist puts forward a mathematical proof of the afterlife, you will immediately accept it and change your views?
Of course.... a mathematical proof is as good as seeing it with your own eyes if you know how to math and can actually comprehend it. The good thing about science is, that there is no "king of science" like the pope who can just say "this is what is right now, because i think god wants it." If somebody comes up with bullshit in science ppl will prove it wrong.
>>
>>688496225
that's a great way to look at it.
>>
>>688496276
>not sure if child or troll
>>
>>688495928
I'm a grown man, so i fuck grown woman idiot. Keep your homosexual fantasies to your self bitch
>>
>>688496818
>The good thing about science is, that there is no "king of science" like the pope who can just say "this is what is right now, because i think god wants it." If somebody comes up with bullshit in science ppl will prove it wrong.

that's a point, but to believe the scientific world is void of dogmas is fooling oneself. some theories are often destroyed and burried because they don't fit the majority's ones. and of course they don't make the headlines.
>>
>>688497214
I never said science is perfect, but it is way more rational and usefull than religion. Of course ppl who watch history channel and think everything told there is true or who treat 60yo theories like works of prophets that cant be changed are idiots.
>>
>>688496276
A human mind is matter. Along with every other single expressed form of energy around you.

That car turns into different forms of energy when you destroy it. It's still equal to what it once was in matter, it's just expressed differently in various forms of energy.

A human consciousness is the exsistence of energy in a complex biological machine. Every day that machine is taking forms of energy, food, light, motion and converting it to some other form. We keep going, shedding matter in different forms until we cannot sustain the physical form anymore. we are a complex system, based around energy and time.

We are making AIs now. They are complex machinery which has a limited physical form. It will get better, smarter, stronger, to the point that one day it will barely distinguishable from us. we will realise that we aren't any different to that machine. What happens when THAT machine spawns consciousness?

Will we accept that the constant of time is the real God? That the concept of a soul is just an explanation that was expressed in a time where we knew no better?

Given infinite time, with some form of matter, anything will occur.
>>
>>688494476
>doesn't cry
>has 12 yr old son
Pick one
>>
>>688496893
Keeps me in check.

And weed. Shitloads of weed.
>>
>>688492740
Why NOT get over stuff if you're going to die?
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.