[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im a slightly drunk EMT avoiding studying for finals. AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2
File: Braun-Expres-Ambulance.jpg (283 KB, 865x513) Image search: [Google]
Braun-Expres-Ambulance.jpg
283 KB, 865x513
Im a slightly drunk EMT avoiding studying for finals. AMA
>>
>>688443593
Brendy is that you?
>>
>>688443700
Not quite my brother
>>
>>688444003
/thread
>>
>>688444003
FUCK YOU
>>
What's your finals on
>>
>>688444595
Spanish, Cell and Molecular Bio, Physics, and Biochem
>>
What's the worst call you've ever responded to?
>>
>>688444808
Infant full arrest. 5 month old died in my hands
>>
>>688444808
>worst call
Kek
He's BLS. Hey EMT. Where's my Goddamn tape?
>>
>>688445134
>>688445134
I HAVE SOME UH....BLANKETS.....AND SOME O2?
>>
>>688445071
>died in my hands

Yeah right faggot. Your just an EMT.
Probably died in someone else's hands who has a higher scope of practice than you. Cunt
>>
Why did you become an EMT?
>>
>>688445382
Nope it definitely died in my hands
>>
>>688445252
Fair enough. Here get me a D-stick. So you can be cool
>>
>>688445403
"Practical" medical experience lol. meaning i thought it was something that would actually teach me something about medicine
>>
>>688445474
Fuck out of here with that bullshit faggot.
Any EMT here knows you're lying
>>
>>688445677
Checked, and bro have you been on every call on the planet, there's plenty of opportunity especially since we arrived first, happened less than a mile from station we were first on scene
>>
What's you're career goal?
>>
>>688446399
Psychiatrist is the end goal, but there's plenty of time for things to change so who knows
>>
>>688446974
From EMT to psychiatrist. Hmmm. Interesting. That's a first. Usually EMTs want to become an MD, PA, RN or firefighter. Even a cop sometimes
>>
>>688447730
psych calls are my favorites, and im fascinated by the brain so i guess it works out
>>
>>688448751
True. I had a 5150 last week who was DTO and was spitting everywhere. I didn't have a spit hood so I used out pillow case and I cut 2 little holes for his eyes so he can see. Looked like a KKK member. Kek
>>
>>688449461
Fucking kek holy shit that made my day, what was his dx?
>>
>>688443593
I just took my nremt exam today. I feel like I did terrible. What are your recommendations on passing that shit? Like I got an 88% on the course and made a 97% on the 300 question final, but for some reason I felt like I did bad on the actual test. When it comes to skills I am fine though.
>>
>>688449587
Schizo
>>
>>688450078
Those percentages my nigga. Not bad at all. Don't worry. Just wait till you get your result
>>
>>688450078
Its a diagnostic exam that learns as you progress through it. So basically it hones in on concepts that you may struggle on then focuses on those. It asks questions based off a tier list of difficulty. it figures out quickly what you are good at then test the knowledge on what you are less adept at. If you pass the minimum requirements for that subject then you should be good
>>
>>688450507
True. I got stopped at question 84.

The exam was giving me ALS questions way out of my scope of practice
>>
>>688450742
Yep i stopped around the same point, kept giving me really advanced peds questions which i hadn't put much effort into
>>
>>688447730
Psychiatrists are MDs. You might think EMTs want to go into emergency medicine but psychiatrists are MDs or DOs.
>>
>>688451390
Oh shit I honestly didn't know that.
>>
>>688451390
Yep if theres one thing i know im defenitely not a fan of emergency medicine. The IFT life is my favorite. Structured and predictable.
>>
>>688450742
it stopped me at like 132. I had to rush towards the end because I used up all of my time and finished the last question with 1:32 left on the clock.

On a side note, I was getting fucked today. I just turned 18 and graduated highschool last week. When I went to test I was told to bring two forms of id. I did. But then they said I needed two forms of picture ID with signatures OR a passport or my social card.

I got dropped off to test (no car, sister stole it, long story) and my ride had no phone. So I googled the nearest dps which was about 3 miles away. I had until 5:45pm to be back at the testing center so I hauled ass and ran to the dps to get a state ID. This along with my permit would allow me to take my test (yeah permit, my driving test is in like a month don't judge me /b/).

Long story short I cannot get a state ID and have a permit (some new policy bs). So I ran back to the testing center and asked what I could do. She told me sorry and to get lost basically. Then out of the blue my ride texted me to make sure I was good, and to tell me they stopped by tmobile and got their phone fixed, and to call when my test was done. I called so fast and she was surprised and thought I was done testing. Sike. I begged her to get my social and bring it to me and told her how I just ran 6 miles in like 45 minutes (real shit, I did track). She brought it up to me and I was in the testing center no bull at 5:44. I sat down to take my test so glad I fucking made it, and then I felt like I straight bombed it.
>>
>>688450078
I felt same when I took it, I passed.
>>
>>688451962
I wanted to do EM. I did my emt course a year ago. Still haven't done the registry test even though my parents pressure me to. Dropped out of college and been too depressed to finish prereq classes for med school. Thought about going back to college to do nursing but just been too depressed and apathetic.
>>
>>688451816
Psychologists are the ones who aren't MDs.
>>
>>688452574
Wtf if you fail god hates you lmao
>>
>>688452574
132? Yeah you failed
>>
>>688453161
is that really bad?
>>
>>688453161
Yeah. An hero time m8
>>
>>688445071
>died in my hands
So you just stood there and watched? Why didn't you reanimate? Also I don't know where you're from but here us EMTs can't declare people dead so we have to perform CPR until we stop breathing ourselves.
>>
>>688452890
Buddy. Do nursing its incredible. They need men, strong determined men as much as they need women. Its rewarding and it takes criticalt thinking. You would be the reason people live or die. This OP and i dont even understand why i havent gone that route yet.
>>
>>688453161
Its not dont listen to these guys. You wont know for sure until you get the results. Ive jeard of people passing at over 200 questions
>>
>>688453348
>this nigger thinks all nurses work in reanimation
Most have never ever been inside reanimation
>>
>>688453348
Thanks for the encouragement.
>>
>>688452574
nice long wall of text retard. This is fucking /b/. Nobody cares about your dumb fucking ass. And lol at emts. Just fags too dumb to become doctors so they sit around at fire houses eating cheetos and transport niggers who need a free ride and every once in a while a crack nigger dies and they do cpr (which btw anyone can get certified in) So yeah fucking neets.
>>
>>688444719
>cell and molecular bio and biochem
Fuck those courses, I quit cell and molecular 2 because omfg it was literally nothing but DNA for the first 20 lectures
>>
>>688453747
If you understood the stress and work it takes to just get the damn certification, let alone work as a medic and have to constantly not know what environment you are walking into or what could happen each day, then youd shut the fuck up
>>
>>688448751
Why not become a neurologist or neurobiologist?
>>
>>688453747
You have literally no idea what we do you fucking autist
>>
>>688454289
Ive thought about it, honeslty /b/ro im having a hard time trying to find my path
>>
>>688453747
You'll be that dying crack nigger someday, anon. There's bad doctors and nurses too. Just hope you don't get someone as cavalier and jaded and blasé as yourself.
>>
>>688450078
I felt I bombed the NREMT but I passed it. Had to do all 150 questions though. It's mostly scenario based questions so practice those questions.

>>688452890
Health care is a rewarding career. EMS there is a lot of burn out because it gets repetitive. You aren't going to be a FF/Paramedic to be a hero. It's mostly non emergency calls.

Nursing you get awesome schedule,pay, benefits and so much easier to get a job. I plan to work as EMT for a little while and get into nursing and get an ER Tech job meanwhile
>>
>>688454398
>>688454610
lol probably the same person you fucking retarded ass gay ass bitch lol fuck you and your motherfucking friends lolol
>>
>>688454289
You might enjoy reading Oliver Sacs or Atul Gawende. Both are docs who've written about medicine.
>>
>>688447730
Never seen one shoot for MD or PA. Usually they go for RN via paramedic to bridge program. If they're smart, they just go straight to RN and then challenge for medic, less school. I did the firefighter thing, now I'm also a reserve deputy with the local sheriff's department (basically like a volunteer firefighter, except I'm a cop), and in school for medic. Life plan is career fire/medic and career SD, since neither alone is enough money to keep me happy.
>>
>>688453640
Of course, thank you for the response, i honeslty appreciate/needed to hear from my fellow ems bros out there
>>
What do you like about your job?
>>
>>688453901
They are difficult honestly, its taken alot of effort to keep my head up through school
>>
Wait, in America EMTs get paid? Here it's volunteering
>>
File: image.png (122 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
122 KB, 640x960
>>688454874
It's sad that you'd call a stranger so many bad words on the Internet.
>>
>>688455554
It's an entry level job. It's mostly just transferring patients to another facility.
>>
>>688455442
The stories you hear from people. The elderly have such a wealth of experience and can really put things into perspective when you sit down and listen. Also crazy people. They are fucking nuts and i love it.
>>
>>688455554
Can confirm 90% of the work is hospital to hospital
>>
>>688455603
Seriously this guy is toxic.
>>
Fellow EMT bros, what's the most fun call you've had
We once got called to this junkie who tried to kill a guy with his bare hands. When we got there he started brawling with the cops and they had to kick his ass. He kicked one cop in the head and bit another. Then we got to the hospital and he needed 4(FOUR!) shots to stop screaming like a madman and calm down.
Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>688455554
yeah but I mean it's shit pay. Like how the heck can a guy who brews coffee for a living make the same amount of money as a guy who assists in saving a life? Not saying I'm not glad to do it, but that just seems flawed.
>>
>>688456199
man was "smoking crack for three days". Got onto the ambulance and saw the paramedic and pointed to her vagina and called it the eye of jesus. Then he stripped naked and we didn't know what to do so we asked him to put his clothing back on and called for law enforcement. He then ran out of the ambulance and jumped head first into the creek and swam away. Not the most fun call I guess but like

what the actual fuk
>>
>>688456199
Op here, had a literal Buk Lao ownage pranks vietnamese schizo that kept singing about chicken and "i dont wan ful ugly girl" while we held the wall for four hours. The guy was a riot and took two shots of bootty juice to chill out. Never stopped singing though
>>
>>688455554
Lol yeah, we get paid, if you consider just above minimum wage getting paid.

>>688455746
>>688455954
Depends on where you're located. If it's just an EMS agency, plenty of facility transports. I'm with a fire department, we run our own EMS and the only facility transports we do are from the assisted living places in our coverage area to the hospital, and only for actual incidents, no taxi service from us.
>>
>>688456533
Holy shit kek
>>
>>688456533
Reminds me of another junkie call. Guy groped my colleague(in his defence, she has huge tits) when she was trying to measure his blood pressure. Our driver was this huge old man, like 195 cms tall and about 120 kilos, he literally picked the junkie up and told him he'd bury him right then and there. Then in the ambulance the junkie just kept repeating "I have a huge dick" and "My dick is so hard".
>>
>>688457558
Should have used spinal precautions. Priapism is a sign of spinal injury.
>>
>>688458003
It wasn't hard. Unless his dick was tiny
>>
>>688458003
oh shit
>>
>>688458003
Postive C-spine, and medics negative o2
>>
>>688458418
He don wan fuk ugly girl
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.