[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you give some valid reasons why you won't be joining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 16
File: soldier-4.jpg (27 KB, 333x350) Image search: [Google]
soldier-4.jpg
27 KB, 333x350
Can you give some valid reasons why you won't be joining the military?

Can you give some valid reasons why you joined the military?

How fucked would I be if I purposely shouted "you fucking gay manlet go fuck your mother in the ass" at my drill instructor while he shouted at me?

What if /b/ all joined the military and did something together?
>>
>>688332437
You won't even make 20k a year if you join the army.
>>
It's kinda hard to join the military in my country, also i'm too old, they wouldn't let me in.

Sometimes i wish i was in some shitholeystam where all you got to do is sign your name and they send you to war.
>>
>>688332437
>Can you give some valid reasons why you won't be joining the military?
I had better options.
>>
>>688334365
Elaborate.
>>
My country has conscription.
>>
No, I'll be joining the military when I'm old enough.

I haven't joined yet. But my biggest reason why I'll join is the friendships.

How fucked would I be if I purposely shouted "you fucking gay manlet go fuck your mother in the ass" at my drill instructor while he shouted at me?
I think it depends on the different countries.

War crimes will probably happen.
>>
File: semen.jpg (27 KB, 290x400) Image search: [Google]
semen.jpg
27 KB, 290x400
>>688332437
1st:
I took an education so I could actually called myself a professionel at something.

2nd:
I didn't because they pay like shit, and wanking it off waiting for an actual purpose, makes about as much sense as sniffing your own asshole to me.

3rd:
You'd probally be invited out bowling - what do you think? - also, you never would you massive fucking faggot.

4th:
You mean like the UN?
>>
cuz girls ain't very appreciated in thr military. would love to give it a try tho
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (25 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
25 KB, 400x462
>>688332437

In my country the army is made up of braindead idiots with no other prospects and people just out of prison. It is a place to keep people who have failed everything else.

If I could serve a noble purpose and there was any real brotherhood there I would join, but fuck fighting unjust wars of capitalism for a government I hate.

>How fucked would I be if I purposely shouted "you fucking gay manlet go fuck your mother in the ass" at my drill instructor while he shouted at me?

Dumb thing to say. At least be smart and/or funny if you want to be a cocky shit.

>What if /b/ all joined the military and did something together?

It would be a hilarious failure because /b/ is half full of fags, kids, shut-ins and autistics. The other half might make a pretty cool squad though.
>>
>>688335642
>professionel
Tell us more about that "education"
>>
>>688332437
>1
Have other life plans.

>2

I didn't join.

>3

I wouldn't know.

>4

/b/ wouldn't make it past boot camp.
>>
I already joined and am deployed overseas now
>>
>>688332437
depends which country

example

australian military = retarded, literally'

under that (lol) u got shit tier
united states of america
south korea
china etc

decents are europ, no idea about soviet these days wouldnt be surprised if they were all in civ & infrastructure growth but they'll be at least heading there.

nth africa would be something to look at
maybe some in sth amer too
>>
>>688334506
Wh should he? Anything minimum wage job is better then getting you head blown off or being one of those non combatants cucks
>>
Australian military = schizophrenic retarded criminals

im embarrassed to have citizenship
>>
I was going to join the Navy. Scored a 92 on the ASVAB in high school and wanted to be a submarine nuke tech.

So im hangin out with recruiters and they say things like "hell yea, we need those." Or "we have a shortage so you should be fine."

As im in there on the day to enlist and sign papers, they say "you cant be a nuke tech, the program is full this year, we got [whatever bullshit excuse alternative] for ya to sign up in."

Told em to kiss my ass and i left. 2 months and the day of is when they say its not an option, fuck them.
>>
>>688337424
>shit teir
>united states

>literally travels the world and trains half the countries on earth

Europe wouldn't even have a modernized army if it wasn't for the U.S.

>what is NATO
>what is desert storm

you're probably trolling but i thought i'd bite.
>>
>>688337593
like cuckadoodldoo?ooo oroo orooo
>>
>>688332437
I'm a veteran, already did my bit.
>>
>>688332437
>How fucked would I be if I purposely shouted "you fucking gay manlet go fuck your mother in the ass" at my drill instructor while he shouted at me?

They would legit straight up put you in a military jail for 3 months then send you to start over basic training at the place for all the people who can't keep their shit together enough to conform.
>>
>>688337713
whatever cunt take pride in ur shit rather then seeing beyond that sin of ego as to what could be; modality
>>
>>688333664
Depends on the MOS and rank. Starting for basic infantry is about 20-22K a year, but you get free housing and they feed you so it's not a bad deal. If you go through OTC or ROTC to become and officer there will be a big pay raise
>>
>>688332437
Fuck off, faggot.

I've already endured my mandatory 1 year service.
>>
>>688332437
I'm joining the Navy this month.

Joining cause most of my family was in and its a family tradition i want to carry on.

>If you yell that at your drill instructor the whole squad is going to pay for it, best thing to do is to not be a edgy little faggot and accept that they're trying to make you a better person, and a good soldier, do what you're told and don't pull some stupid bullshit like that

what if /b/ all joined?

no more niggers.
>>
>>688332437
Failed the psychological evaluation
>>
>>688335257
>When I'm old enough
Underage b&
>>
>>688337841
i thought i was a veteran for having put in 6 years in NG, but since I never deployed i now find out that I'm not considered a veteran. Shrug
>>
>>688337863
Actually, after the laughing stopped, you'd just be pushing deck until you learned what muscle failure is and then running after chow for a few days until you threw up.
>>
>>688337982
suck shit u autistic retarded criminal ugly bitch u got set up,retardgenes
>>
>>688332437
Bad scoliosis and lazy eye
>>
>>688337880
Lol wut
>>
Medical cause. Epilepsy.
>>
>>688338254
ur an ugly cunt and id kill u and ur daughter jordan mischelle middleton etc on site manslaughter 6 years max retarded jmisguided mind controlled retarded whore
>>
>>688337802
I kek'd for no reason.
>>
Knee problems and possesion charge. Not trying to enlist in marines either.
>>
>>688338312
I loved you in the Back to the Future films although that western one kinda sucked shit...
>>
>>688332437
Because I already joined the police
>>
>>688332437
I wanted to join, but my dad was a pacifist and didn't allow me to.
Personally I think it's a good idea to get basic combat and vehicle training. I just don't think initially conscripted soldiers should be put into active duty, at least not outside of your borders.
>>
>>688338423
Me too tbh
>>
>>688338136
>>688338368
How about learning proper sentence structure before attempting to insult me, faggot?
>>
>>688332437
pacifist
>>
mind controlled schizophrenics = australian military

also harbouring internationally wanted war criminal adolf hitler

literally retarded criminals
>>
>>688338443
That's Parkinson. I space out for 30 seconds
>>
>>688332437
joining the army is the best decision I ever made. Im having awesome experiences that I in no way would have been through as a civilian. That being said I cant wait to ETS. BUT I see people who have ETS'd and its like thier life went from 150mph to 20mph
>>
AYE AYE SIR
i remember this

its horrible for the unprepared
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VhpXrSE0g6Q
>>
>>688338641
>pacifist
It's an old Latin word loosely translated as faggot...
>>
Because I have a life, a future, and I'm not dumb as a bag of rocks. Also, I can afford college.
>>
hahahah cause ur now at the point where ur that bloated on psychosis that u think its right or sane or rational or in anyway utopianly progressive or wanted

what an embarressing awkward joke

convicts criminals retards and inbreds
>>
>>688337863
In the Marines, they put you in a unit where every action of your life is by order of the 4 meanest drill instructors on base. I remember in the mess hall, the instructor tells all of them "place the food on your utencil. Raise. Place food in mouth. Redact utencil. Chew. Swallow. Again, place the food on your utencil..."

What comes out is either a failure or an angry, focused soldier.
>>
>>688338796
alright, my friend
>>
>>688332437
I'm too old, have asthma, poor vision (wear high prescription glasses). Thought about joining the navy and working with a nuclear sub or similar tho. Did chemistry instead.
>>
File: heh faggots.jpg (74 KB, 780x546) Image search: [Google]
heh faggots.jpg
74 KB, 780x546
>>688337713
All my keks. See pic related. Also, Germany would've kicked your asses with their superior infantry tactics and weapons as well as rocket technology if Hitler had actually honored the non aggression pact with the Soviet Union. Stay mad, Americuck.
>>
>>688337413
Would be more useful if you were deployed over land but I'm no expert
>>
>>688332437
You don't want to die for corporate interests.

The only good reason to join the military is if you want to become a mercenary and make a shit ton of money. But you probably don't have what it takes to become one.
>>
Give me a good reason why I should join the military.
>>
>>688334561
More like prescription, am i right?
>>
>>688338825
>You have to be stupid to join the military

Kek, maybe the marines.
>>
>>688339185
>Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential
>>
definition of australian military explicitly its "intelligence" would be ressentience

like slave like master

again i can point to that piece of shit retarded failure (he did everything wrong and ur retarded)s position on a map right now for free. i could post it in every post.
>>

Already did

Bonus money, G.I. Bill, and being able to ride cool military vehicle/aircraft and fire off weapons when we go to the range

Counseling because "new army" and probably get told to do pushups until they got tired of seeing your scrawny ass muscle failure after 20 pushups

I thought the military was already gay as fuck THANKS OBAMA, nothing new here.
>>
>>688332437
I got really close to joining (was talking to recruiters), but felt I could make more of a difference as a doctor than a grunt, while making enough money to start a family.
I'm still a pre-med, but I've done a lot of community service and I haven't regretted my decision yet.
>>
>>688337424
>South korea
>United States
>Shit tier
>>
File: ...........1sadpepe.png (87 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
...........1sadpepe.png
87 KB, 684x576
>>688332437
I wanted to join the army in high school but id be most likely turned down because i have a disability and a genetic lung disease, the only way id see myself in a military fashion would be with a civilian militia.

>Feels bad man
>>
>>688339553
Does anybody NOT have a medical,condition anymore? For fuck's sake what did your moms do while they were pregnant?
>>
>>688339712
All the chernobyl babies.
>>
>>688339712
Heroin
>>
>>688334198
like the USA?
>>
File: 1465022409906.gif (77 KB, 437x333) Image search: [Google]
1465022409906.gif
77 KB, 437x333
>>688332437
>I don't wanna get fucking shot at
>I'm not strong enough for combat
>I'm a good shot but I don't wanna deal with arabs and shit
>I have better options like an IT Career.
>>
I enlisted into marines and i passed my exam, I roll out to paris island in a couple months, mostly joined because i don't want to sit at a boring fucking desk job or go through debt for 10 years cause of college. Besides, if you go for 20 years you get pension and can retire when you're 40.
>>
>>688339712
what did you expect from /b tho
>>
>>688339301
Lol'd
>>
>too old
>IQ of 155
>Authority figure issues
>had full ride to uni and stipend - enough to save $12k for moving / living expenses for 6mo after graduation
>nearsightedness could disqualify me
>have never understood why someone follows a chain of command when it involves dealing with stupid fuckers
>very few enlisted men can build an automatic drone turret rifle from a laptop and an old RC tank that actively seeks out targets and shoots them dead - with an actual rifle
>not many OCS candidates have a Masters degree
>Semper Fi is a nice way of saying "I'm an entitled fuckhead"

But most importantly
>I would never choose any kind of career where I would be required to salute or obey direct orders from Hillary or that fucking cucktwat hero Trump
>>
>>688340129
You'd be surprised what you can get turned down for in the US military
>>
>>688332437
Because my shoulder is too fucked up to be able to lift my arm higher than my shoulder. Wouldn't be able to fire an assault rifle, do extreme exercises or participate in high dexterity activities.
>>
>>688340473
Yeah, being gay no longer qualifies, so they need to find other good reasons to keep the obvious Marine Corps candidates out of the other armed forces.
>>
I did five years in the infantry before getting my bachelor's. Don't join unless you can suck it up and play the game or you'll come out of the military worse off than before.

It can be the only option for some people to turn things around though, so do what you have to do.
>>
File: 1450461489737.png (72 KB, 594x595) Image search: [Google]
1450461489737.png
72 KB, 594x595
>>688340376
>IQ of 155
>very few enlisted men can build an automatic drone turret rifle from a laptop and an old RC tank that actively seeks out targets and shoots them dead - with an actual rifle
>>
Military career teaches you respect, and if you're a pussy its not for you

Respect. Something a lot of you don't have.
>>

I am pacifist and find killing people morally wrong.
>>
File: dd.png (4 KB, 308x164) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
4 KB, 308x164
>>688338976
The U.S. pulled out of Vietnam because of lack of support and riots back at home, not lack of military prowess.

Also the U.S. fucking dominated the vietcong and killed over a million vietcong while only losing 50k

Also the U.S.would of fucking annhilated germany by themselves in WWII and WWI

The U.S. had 20 times mroe money, more industial power, more mean, more tanks, more airplanes, more ships more litearlly everything

In the last week of the war the U.S. built more planes than Nazi germany built during the entire war.

Stay delusional you eurocucked faggot.
>>
Joined the reserves in 98.

No war no budget so boring.
>>
File: 1454727893453.jpg (462 KB, 1300x878) Image search: [Google]
1454727893453.jpg
462 KB, 1300x878
>>688332437
>Can you give some valid reasons why you joined the military?
It sounded fun. To be all fair, as fucked up as it sometimes was, it was fun.
I came out with some new practical skills, number of funny stories to tell, stronger spine and very good anger/emotion management.
Time well spent.
>>
>>688340258
...seriously? This is your reason.

>two mentors who both retired at 40 from Army and Marines said they should have left at 8 years in because if they had left they would have had 12 years in a civilian sector job making triple what they made in the military
>pension means fuckall - half pay and free medical care at the dictionary definition of government Healthcare inefficiency
>but I get to go to the base to buy all mah foods and clothing and shot
>good for you, the rest of us get it delivered from a grocery store because we can afford to pay more than $1.50 for a Sixpack of underwear
>>
>>688338218
Why do you browse 4chan all day
>>
File: 1457716856587.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1457716856587.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>688340129
>>
>>688341275
Nooope.
>35 is cutoff age for enlistment
>if you really wanna be a warrior after that you better go join Trump's Picket Fence militia and pretend to be a soldier
>they have these great brown uniforms, the shirts are the best
>>
Join the USA military...be a tool of corporate America and never win.
>>
germanfag here

our army are the biggest cucks so why would i join
it's just an alternative for idiots who literally can't get any other job and wanna be humanitarian aid bitches in america's next war
>>
>>688332437
Join the military because you can get an easy job and get paid to do it. You get a discount at the BX (base exchange, it's like Walmart). You get tons of free stuff on base. And if you're in for 20 years you can retire and be paid to sit around and you get free medical insurance.
>>
>>688332437
US army = Death for a shit war we shouldn't be in.
>>
>>688332437
Education, I went through the officer route. I have gotten 2 B.S.es and am getting my masters while being paid. Experience I have jumped out planes, fired tanks, led men, traveled the world (more then just Iraq and the Stan) and I have become a competent leader. The benefits are good, my take home is over 75 k for being a few years after college debt free and a homeowner.

You know I have never seen anyone do that because Drill SGTS can still strike the fear of God in you...but you would most likely get your ass beat then kicked out.

/b/ is already in the military.
>>
>>688332437
Some guy you don't know tells you to kill some other guys you don't know. Have people I would rather kill all on my own.
>>
>>688332437
I did

>Can you give some valid reasons why you joined the military?
Left my parents house at 17, finished high school working 6-7 days a week to pay for rent.
Was tired of doing that, joined to make quick cash.

Not fucked at all the easiest way to make it through that shit is saying They can only fuck me up for XX more weeks.

>What if /b/ all joined the military and did something together?
You might not believe it but /b/ has the perfect attitude for combat MOS's. Once everyone was in shape, it would work surprisingly well.

All in all, don't join. Lots of better shit to do. I liked my deployments but garrison is fucking retarded.
>>
>>688332437
>August 2001: Joined because big promises of finally being able to go to college and get an education.
>arrive with long CV in tech industry
>guaranteed job in Satellite Command acquired
>6 year enlistment, should get college degree while serving, unless war were declared.
>Sept 2001: War were declared.
>Sept 2007: Older, dumber, poorer, angrier, no college whatsoever.

Iran is next. It will be another bullshit racket sold to the armchair soldiers of fortune as defending freedum, when it just destroys shitloads of non-combatants lives and enslaves the rest of you to pay for it.

Have fun.
>>
>>688337802
Yeah like cuckoodle orro oro. Ooro orroo?
>>
>>688338035
>ufuckingwutm8.jpg
>>
>>688340129
Top fucking kek LMAO
>>
>>688342297
lol
like futurama
>>
File: VDUssRP - Imgur.jpg (28 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
VDUssRP - Imgur.jpg
28 KB, 396x385
Probably joining the army or air force soon since my life is shit either way

The military is fucking awesome
>>
>>688341025
Respek
>>
>>688338900
Sounds like a shit life. Anyone that chooses it for themselves deserves what they get.
>>
>>688341054
>Thinking you'll definitely kill people if you join the military

Kek
>>
File: Dougal's-Real-World.jpg (48 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
Dougal's-Real-World.jpg
48 KB, 499x374
the military is the second largest sheltered workshop in existence.

the largest is the catholic church.
>>
>>688337959
They're trying to make you a better piece in their puzzle, easily replacable if lost or broken.
>>
>>688338900
is this because a lot of Americans don't know how to use a "Food Ingestion Utensil"?

HAY SARGE WHAT DOES REDACT MEAN
>>
>>688339107
THEY GIVE YOU A GUN!
>>
>>688341508
Lol, this is any UN country
>>
File: 1464628039859.jpg (25 KB, 296x394) Image search: [Google]
1464628039859.jpg
25 KB, 296x394
Paid attention in high school so I got in college. Didn't have to go kill sand niggers on top of my oil.
>>
>>688339712
mom was in the military and was exposed to Agent Orange
>>
>>688343016
No, they don't. Sometimes they lend you one though...
>>
>>688340258
>if you go for 20 years you get pension and can retire when you're 40.

yeah, you can expect president Trump to be cutting that shit. America has to become cost-effective if it's gonna be great again.
>>
I have schizophrenia, so I'm afraid that if I join that I'll kill another soldier due to hallucinations.
>>
>>688332437

Dying for Israel? No thanks.
>>
>>688332437
construction workers make more than chemists.
: )
now STFU
>>
My legit reason is I don't to. I'd rather do sciences, which yeah yeah I know, there are military sciences
But I'm also from a military filled family and I don't wanna subject my kids to that shit
Not that all bets are assholes, but I'd become a mean drunk. Id prefer cranky fun drunk that I already am.
>>
1. I have severe asthma. Shit out of luck for joining in my country.

2. Probably because I hate people, and shooting some would help get it out of my system.

3. Depends on who your drill sargeant is, and what country you're in. Here, you'don't either be scrubbing the floor with your tongue, or he'did laugh his ass off, and then have you scrub the floor with your tongue.

4. You're really asking what would happen if the biggest collection of faggots and retards in the world somehow managed to join a military? Shit son, we'do all probably manage to shoot each other somewhere, and then declare war on some south American village or something like that.
>>
>>688343284
Its funny watching you cucks grasp at straws, keep it up
>>
>>688343440
Looooool
>>
I have asthma so no service for me
>>
>>688343526
ironic, huh?
let me ask you this, why are you not currently moving to la to get paid 15/hr to work in a fast food joint.
that's good money.
>>
>>688343629
in n out only pays 12/hr
>>
>>688341113
>the half of the story i like is the whole story.

Typical.

Amorphous enemy
+
Heavy collateral damage to allies
+
No victory conditions
+
No exit strategy
=
Republitard Senator George Aiken: "Declare victory and go home".

Repeated 25 years later because history's for fools, learning is hard, and war is always profitable.
>>
>>688332437
>"I'm going to be honest with you son"
>"You're too fat to join the Military"
>"And if you lost the weight"
>"I'd still never put a gun in your hands"
>"It's just your head, you can't do anything about it"
>>
>>688343854
>implying it's not the color of skin
>implying he is a nigger
>>
>>688332437
I don't wanna be a pawn for a corrupt government.
>>
>>688343629
Is LA like that too?

Because I'm already paid $14/hr, they're probably not hiring, i will starve before i work in a fast food restaurant, and they would not approve of all of my "high-capacity magazines"
>>
File: 1464803244029.jpg (156 KB, 649x675) Image search: [Google]
1464803244029.jpg
156 KB, 649x675
>>688335642
>professionel
Hey I joined the Army and became a "professional" killer. Did for a living, even.
>>
>>688344022
do you honestly think you're going to get the chance kill anyone?
reality is, the worst thing you're going to do is hand out vaccines to aids-infected niggers
>>
>>688343078
>any UN country
>being this retarded
>>
I fantasize about joining the Navy all the time. I'm 21 and am in school. The idea of traveling is so godamn appealing to me.

The only thing that holds me back is the possibility of getting a shitty rate and being stuck in Minnesota for 4 years. If it was guaranteed that I'd be stationed in a foreign country then I'd enlist right this second.
>>
>>688338035
You're a veteran if you served 90 consecutive days on active duty, reserve component or otherwise. Some other arbitrary thing classifies you as a veteran too, but I can't remember it.
>>
>>688344040
yes sir it is.
lapd does not care about your magazines. you can get a drum clip for almost any rifle out there
i don't know how white you are, but i know for a fact that you are white enough to be making more than 14/hr. : )
>>
>>688336921
One of my squad mates posts on here frequently. We are both getting out. Never deployed but it's whatever.
>>
>>688344386
My grandpa got veteran status for the detroit riots. Lucky bastard.
>>
>>688344265
Mmkay
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.