[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am coming to america next week for about a month. What exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 9
File: tipping.jpg (70 KB, 576x835) Image search: [Google]
tipping.jpg
70 KB, 576x835
I am coming to america next week for about a month. What exactly happens if I don't tip at a restaurant.
>>
you will be called a welfare nigger behind your back like the degenerate that you are
>>
File: 1464729649641.gif (988 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1464729649641.gif
988 KB, 500x301
>>688069921
>What exactly happens if I don't tip at a restaurant
Nothing, because these sad cucks know their place as the faggot who moves plates from the real workers to you
>>
Absolutely nothing except mean thoughts being directed towards you.
>>
Worst case scenario the bar tender pretends you don't exist.
Other than that, servers in general are all pussies and are too much of cowards to ever say shit.
>>
Basically >>688070239.

In the US a tip is expected because servers are paid well below minimum wage and rely on tips for income.
>>
>>688070239
looks like somebody, needs tips money to survive... tips are a COURTESY that people used to do if the service was good, now it's an obligatory shitty "tradition" that you have to do or you get shit for it... poor people are just so fucking stupid...
>>
File: tipped wages.jpg (150 KB, 1004x769) Image search: [Google]
tipped wages.jpg
150 KB, 1004x769
>>688070597
>>
>>688070709
This. We can only get paid more than minimum wage, so tips just reassure us that we basically sucked your dick appropriately.
>>
niggers are renowned for not tipping

do you really want to be similar to a nigger in any way shape or form?
>>
>>688069921
I'd be willing to bet that in the restaurants you'll be frequenting it won't make much difference.
>>
>>688070485

Cowards? So what, they confront you about it then what? They could lose their job
>>
Is the food really that much cheaper in restaurants though in the us?

I can understand if shit's basically half the price of restaurant food in other countries, then you tip a few dollars extra.

I'm a waiter in Australia in a cafe, coffee is roughly $4-5 Aud, food ranges from about $12-20
$12 gets you basic bacon eggs on toast, 20 gets you a full breakfast with avocado, mushrooms etc etc.
How does this compare to the average American place?
>>
>>688070597
that's a lie, i'm a waitress and get paid $15 an hour i don't care if i don't get tipped, it's only whiny faggots entitled millenials who want to get tipped 100% of the time
>>
>>688069921
You will perpetuate a stereotype that will make the waitstaff hate foreigners just a little bit more. Remember: When traveling abroad you represent your entire country, not just yourself.
>>
File: what a guy.jpg (210 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
what a guy.jpg
210 KB, 620x412
>>688069921

>what exactly happens

Nothing, but you are a jew and a nigger
>>
>>688070709
And then the restaurants raise prices because paying out the difference cuts into their margin.
>>
As long as you have an accent they probably won't take it personal and hate foreigners. If you don't tip, don't go to the same place twice. I would suggesting 15-20 percent if they do a good job though.
>>
>>688071616
its about the same
>>
Probably won't happen, but you might get yelled at. I've seen it happen before.
>>
Are you really that poor that you can't afford to tip?
>>
>>688071616
Basically the same.

>>688071712
>Conflating the actions of an individual with the collective mindset of an entire nation
Retard.
>>
>>688071712
>Americunts perceived as the worst tourists in every country
>loud, annoying as shit, stupid fucking accents all the time, don't know what culture is.
>tells other countries to tip because it's polite, regardless of the fact no other country works backwards like the US
>freedom
>>
>>688069921

That pic really rustles my jimmies
>>
OP here, so basically nothing happen is what I'm getting. Good, did not want to have to pay it.
>>
>>688069921
im american and i live in america and i dont tip either fam. just do it.
>>
>>688070239
In addition to Servers being paid lower income, the price of food is often a factor in that. They are paid lower to keep food costs down. If people stopped tipping, food costs go up, and you end up tipping anyways, except everyone has to start paying $20+ dollars for the average meal at a standard restaurant, not including drinks or appetizers.
>>
>>688069921
They look at you as unfit for society and should be left for dead.
>>
>>688071996
>you not wanting to participate in a 3rd world custom means you are poor

?
>>
20% tip the USA is insane tho, and that's what most people expect to get regardless of service.

a fifth of the total cost of the meal is not bringing it from the kitchen to my table, that's bullshit.

here in mexico we tip 10% and if they're really fucking good they get maybe 12 or even 15%, and that's more than enough.

fucking entitlement bullshit.
>>
>>688072140
As a German, i rather they raise the food prices that keep this flawed system. Evey time time i visit my cousins in the states is the same shit all over. I refuse to tip out of principle. Fix the fucking system and enforce minimum wages for service personal.

The butt hurt in the people makes it better
>>
>>688071996
You tip if you liked the service, faggot, i don't know why you young american fools think you deserve extra money from someone if you just carry the food.
You do a good job and the client liked you? Bam, tip. It's not that hard, is it?
>>
>>688072030
>Retard
That's how people work, fuccboii.
>>
File: 1465127492377.jpg (7 KB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
1465127492377.jpg
7 KB, 250x220
>>688072269
I don't think the US are considered third world though...
>>
>>688072044
freedom=/=acting like a sheckle hoarding jew

euroniggers so ass backwards, your piss poor elected officials have been feeding you shit so long youve become accustomed to eating it just to avoid starvation

enjoy your disappearing middle class
>>
Fuck tipping. Just because your employer is a cheap piece of shit doesn't mean I am responsible for paying extra.
Get a new job if you don't like it.
>>
>>688072113
Depends on the state you're going to. Some states have the same minimum wage no matter what industry. Some have much lower, like the $2.13 shown by the anon's screenshot above. Where I live, it's okay not to tip, because waitstaff are well taken care of. Just do some checking. And even here, if a waiter/waitress was really fucking cool, or went above and beyond, I'll tip them a buck or two.
>>
>>688072298
LOL im for Mexico, we dont tip shit here. Keep that filth out of here. Only in the most fanciest of restaurants people tip if they are feeling extra generous and happy

Tipping, is a cultural anomaly that only happens in the US
>>
>>688072808
all other cultures are shit tier
>>
>>688072742
>states override federal laws
>>
>>688070709
If someone couldn't get enough tips to break minimum wage wouldn't the place just fire them instead of paying them more. I'm from a no cause state so one could just make up a different reason for firing someone. I do it all the time.
>>
>>688072582
>fuccboii
God, please tell me you said that ironically.
>>
>>688069921
The group you're with might say shit behind your back.

As long as you don't go to the same place twice, you're good. Otherwise they will fuck with your food.

Honestly tho, cos this country treats service staff so incredibly shitty, please try to remeber to tip at sit in places.

Good rule of thumb: if it has a drive thru, don't fucking tip.
>>
>>688072720
>implying I'm part of Europe
>USA is hated everywhere
>cargo shorts, shirts tucked in and shitty running shoes, spot the 'Merican
>>
>>688069921
i tip. i don't tip. why turn something into a problem that isn't?

tip when the service was good. don't tip it not. it's that's easy.
>>
>>688073071
He did not.

>>688072582
>That's how people work.
No, that's how stupid people who don't know what displacement is work.
>>
>>688073181
This.
>>
File: 1460922248034.jpg (192 KB, 2074x1555) Image search: [Google]
1460922248034.jpg
192 KB, 2074x1555
>>688069921
fuck op, if you expect a tip you are a cunt and should go get a real job.

this is coming from someone that tips anywhere from 0% to 200%, usually around 25%.

my regular waiters/bartenders get good tips if they have their shit together, which they do. my random stoned teenager working the greasy spoon that fucks up my order? go fuck yourself. the tip goes up or down based off YOUR performance. feel blessed with 10% its a tip after all. i didn't tip my fucking doctor when he diagnosed me with skin cancer. you only brought me my biscuits and gravy from the mexicans in the back.
>>
>>688071616
I'm from rural South Carolina. A locally owned restaurant sells coffee for maybe $1-$2 and the basic meal for $5.50 to 8.
>>
>>688071712
This. Your service likely won't be any different depending on how much you tip because it's a waiter's job to profile their customers before the service starts.
>>
>>688072808
nigger mexico tips everyone, the guy bagging the groceries, the guy standing in the street "watching your car", the delivery guy, please...

or maybe you're from some backwards shithole in northern mexico?
>>
>>688073109
your just as shit tier as euroniggers prolly more so if you live elsewhere

its amusing you 3rd world peasants think we give a single fuck what you think

also, your jelly is showing
>>
>>688073463
this. i dont get tipped to do my fuckin job either. im sorry that service wages are shit but if relying on tips sucks that bad get a new fuckin job or get better at it. tipping is for cucks
>>
>>688070678

Why would depending on tips make you poor ? It makes you poor not being able to tip you dumb fuck .
>>
eurofag here

i went to the states a few months ago and i never tipped once. no one did anything about it and i got the same service everywhere i went. hell most places i went i just had to ask for my money back and they just gave it to me like total cucks
>>
>>688073633
waiter detected

so....

why didn't you finish high school?
>>
>>688072117
Are you of the negroid persuasion?
>>
I got harassed by the owner because I didn't "tip enough"
>>
>>688072981
Tipping is shit tier, let me explain it to you

First off all it creates a awkward environment for the customer, the personnel is constantly trying hard to get in your good side with all sorst of fake ass kissing. It feels Kinda like when you go shopping and the sales representative harass you when you just wanna check shit by yourself. Whats worse they expect you to tip a fixed amount based on your food

Its better for them to have a stable source of income they can count on each month/week and no on fucking hand outs

So do it like Europe and the rest of the civilized world and enforce minimum wage. I dont give a fuck if food prices go up, that's a BS excuse to begin with. Here in Finland we only tip if we feel like it on the rare occasion, and its not even set in tone number or percentage, it could very well be the equivalent of 3 bux for a 100$ dinner and they will be grateful
>>
>>688073918
im white
>>
>>688072030
>>can't into implying
Restaurant staff do indeed judge shit customers and affiliate their attitude to their nationality and nation. I just have pity for foreign faggots who can barely scrap by a plane ticket and meal so don't tip like this >>688072298
poor ass faggot. I sure as hell don't tip taco rollers, Americans pefected mexican food anyways. God bless poor fags visiting fam.
>>
>>688072113

You will get shitty service and get jizz or spit in your food so yeah .
>>
>>688070678
Quit misusing the ellipsis, you mouth breathing potato. Also, if you're going to try to talk shit about poor people, try not to sound poor yourself
>>
>>688073876
Don't you love how broken our shit is in the US? They force service staff to make Africa wages yet fire them on the spot if they dare try to call bullshit on a situation.

Here in the states, customer service = licking the customer's knob endlessly

> the customer is always right

It's fucking pathetic
>>
>>688074234
How will they know if he has to tip after the meal?
>>
>>688073082
>Good rule of thumb: if it has a drive thru, don't fucking tip.
Why in the flying fuck would you even consider tipping drive thru personel

>please try to remeber to tip at sit in places.
Why? i dont owe them shit, its their employer thats exploiting them and its not my job to be a charity for them

I will do my part by no tipping that way i will not contribute to this flawed system and hopefully they will enforce minimum wage
>>
>>688072998
There is a federal minimum wage for all the states. A individual state can enact a higher minimum wage, but not a lower one. It's not a maximum-minimum wage.
>>
>>688074130
We are highly discouraged from stereotyping based on race, gender, or nationality, and profiling someone before service has begun is the easiest way to shoot you in the fucking foot.
>Wahhhhh I got a black table. Black people NEVER tip.
Wrong. Black people will tip exceptionally well if you treat them like another fucking human being who just wants their food in a timely manner.
>>
>>688071894
but at the most youre still just paying the same amount
>>
>>688073524
Thats not tipping as Americans know it though
Its not the 10% bullshit

What we tip here in mexico, is pretty much pennies to get rid of the annoying coins,.
>>
>>688074379
Cos there are drive thru places that have the audacity to put a tip cup in the fucking drive thru window. Las Palapas and coffee shops being the worst offenders.

I get that we need to change the system, and I fucking agree with you on that anon, but at the same time I can't help but think, the servers are just people trying to get by in life and it's fucked up to force them to be martyrs just to fix a broken system.
>>
>>688069921
you fuck over some poor waiter/waitress making minimum wage.
>>
>>688074502
http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx

Tell that to Georgia and Wyoming.
>>
>>688071616
It honestly depends on where you live in the US. Some places it can be a few bucks, some places 20 bucks for the same thing.
>>
>>688073876
> hell most places i went i just had to ask for my money back and they just gave it to me like total cucks

LOL THIS
Same thing happened to me, i went to the states, gave a 50 dollar bill to pay for 44 dollar dinner, Waiter never came back with my chance, so i had to politely remember them of my chance and they complied like cucks
>>
>>688075161
Exactly. See my earlier post: >>688074318
>>
>>688074130
>I just have pity for foreign faggots who can barely scrap by a plane ticket and meal so don't tip like this

German here, above middle class
I dont tip out of principle, except for the rare occasion. Love to troll American personnel
>>
>>688074234
>You will get shitty service
people always use this as a buzzword
Shitty service? ffs is not rocket science, all the fucking waiter has to do is breing me my fucking plate. I dont give a fuck if she did it with a smile or a ass face

If she/he is late i will just complain with the manager
>>
>>688075049
Just because they never took the old rates off the books and let them fall into obscurity doesn't mean a state can't raise theirs above the federal minimum.
>>
>>688073109
Nice fat American tourist stereotype.
>implying that we dont hate those kind of people in the USA and that we're all like that
>>
>>688070239
/thread
>>
>>688069921
Nothing, because nobody knows you didn't tip until you're gone.
>>
>>688070597
>servers are paid well below minimum wage
Uh, no. They are paid minimum wage. Below minimum, or well below minimum would be very illegal.
>>
>>688075769
Did you even fucking read it. GA and WY have a minimum wage of 5.15, which if you paid attenti I n in math, is less than the federal 7.25 an hour.

And they do it with bullshit legalese.
>>
>>688074811
>Las Palapas and coffee shops being the worst offenders.
LOL just dont tip, pick up your food and rev the engine
>force them to be martyrs just to fix a broken system.
People adapt, either they will move on to something better or make protest and demand for better wages/treatement
If they dont adapt, thats Darwinism for you
>>
>>688072113
Come to my restaurant and dont tip so i can wait for you outside and flatten your tires faggot
>>
>>688071616
American prices are a little cheaper than that
>>
>>688069921
The staff hunts you down rapes your little boypussie and knocks up your wife. Youll pay one way or another.
>>
>>688073513
Plus, you don't tip until your very last moments within the restaurant.
>>
File: Pink.jpg (7 KB, 305x165) Image search: [Google]
Pink.jpg
7 KB, 305x165
>>688074920
i got two words for that. learn to fucking type
>>
>>688075049
irrelevant bc supremacy clause
>>
>>688076109
It's not if you do it right. The server's base wage is below minimum, isually 4 an hour. And here the double egded sword begins:

If they don't get enough in tips to make it to at least min wahe, the server gets min wage, the subsequently fired for not performing to the manager's standards.

If they do make enougj tips, the tips get taced in a much higher bracket than normal wage, often times leaving they're take home less than if they'd just fucked up their job and got min wage by default.

Seriously, lrn2USeconomics
>>
>>688069921
Server Here,
I get paid $15 an hour and on average make 40-50 on tips. Honestly for the work I do I think were fucking the customers hard.
>>
>>688075161
Wait what? Why is doing the right thing being a cuck?
>>
>>688074920
see
>>688070709
>>
I work for a cruise line so i see all types of people and cultures.

Australians and Canadians are the most frugal cheap cunts i have ever encountered.
>>
>>688076380
lol i will either sucker punch you, get you fired, or press charges. Or all of the above
>>
>>688076480
lol you are sick bru
>>
File: possessed_witch.jpg (37 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
possessed_witch.jpg
37 KB, 450x300
>>688076560
I usually tip before and after.

Before so i get quick service and can by pass the lines. Then I let the staff know in a teasing way that there may or may not be more after.

If the service is spot on ill calculate what i feel they need or dont.
>>
>>688076245
You bet your sweet ass I don't tip the fuckers, I'm just pointing it out to help OP if he's still here.

There is little room to adapt anymore and it is getting smaller and smaller as the US progresses toward it's shitty economic conclusion.
>>
>>688076646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38
>>
>>688069921

Go to jail, get chokeslammed on the way out.

Seriously, do not return to a restaurant if you fail to tip. Not worth the risk. They might fuck with your food, they might ignore you the whole time. It's basically extortion.
>>
>>688069921
>What exactly happens if I don't tip at a restaurant.

DHS and IRS will raid your home for the tip.
>>
>>688076919
I have literally never heard of tipping beforehand
>>
>>688076650
> cos states always follow the federal government's directive

What is nullification?
>>
>>688069921
i dont tip at sonic drive thru.
the car hop literally walks 10 feet to bring me the food that she didnt cook or help prepare.
>>
>>688069921
Nothing, unless you announce to the waitstaff that you don't prior to getting your food.
Otherwise enjoy your spit/snot/insect/cum entree, as the cooks will be more than happy to oblige the servers since they want to fuck them.
>>
>>688076684
The service personnel are the cucks
Im doint my part by not supporting a flawed system
>>
>>688077140
This
>>
>>688077192
How are they being cucks?

>Sir, you forgot to give me my change
>Oh sorry, here you go
>LOL spoken like a true cuck
>>
>>688076919
cuck
If you want i can impregnate your wife and my buddy jamal can fuck your boipussy
>>
>>688073035
If you're the only one getting reimbursed regularly, then you DO suck at your job. People just not tipping... that'll spread evenly among all the servers. And you'd have to be a pretty incompetent boss to fire your whole wait staff without investigating further. Because if people just aren't tipping, replacing your waiters won't fucking fix anything.
>>
I've worked in restaurants in both the US and the UK.

Servers work harder to provide you with more service in the US. I was shocked by how little was expected of me in the UK. But I got a wage so I quickly adapted.
>>
>>688076993
>they might ignore you the whole time
If they do this, i can just easily complain with the manager and get their panties in a twist
>>
File: 1464639522512.jpg (38 KB, 299x412) Image search: [Google]
1464639522512.jpg
38 KB, 299x412
>>688069921
The faggot manager will stop you at the door and call in the MODS for being such a mongoloid piece of shit.
>>
>>688069921
Nothing. The law requires waitstaff be paid to at least minimum wage. If the tips the waiters are reporting do not meet that amount, the restaurant is required by law to make it up. One of the biggest bullshit lies in America is the 'Im a waiter making 2 bucks an hour, if you dont tip me I dont make anything'. Its a complete lie.
>>
>>688069921
why the fuck should i give a tip if im the server is not my employee? im already paying for the meal
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.