[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moment of truth /b/ - Do you use Facebook? Why or why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 220x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 220x255
Moment of truth /b/ - Do you use Facebook? Why or why not?
>>
>>687972465
I don't have Facebook, or any social media for that matter. Its becoming less of a means to connect with people and more of a pissing contest.

It seems that a lot people use it to fabricate an exciting lifestyle to impress people who know them closest, who know its a facade, and to impress people they don't even know.
>>
>>687972465
No because their confidentiality agreement is sloppy
>>
>>687972796

Very true. OP here, I haven't used Facebook since 2011.

I got tired of seeing family members reposting clickbait articles trying to seem knowledgeable and family members arguing back and forth on a status post.
>>
>>687972465
I use it to stalk hot chicks and to chat with certain friends/relatives, although rarely.
>>
>>687972465

Deleted my account in 2013 due to lack of privacy, increased risk of identity theft, and lack of interest. Too much drama, which is why I often call it Dramabook. Too much attention whoring for likes.

>>687972796

And this.
>>
>>687972465
no facebook, i hate facebook,

twitter is okay, but i never follow anyone and and i never post comments and only lurk using hashtag keywords of interest
>>
I used to be a depressing fucking mess that told everybody about my boo hoo life. After a couple years of not having Internet I took a step in the right direction and deleted my account 2 years ago after last being on there in 2011. After seeing some cringey beta posts on here, I think I made the right decision.
>>
>>687973210
This
>>
Nope. Don't want people to see how manny friends I don't have.
>>
Have it but only use it for contact with people about once a month. Or post stupid shit when i get drunk.
>>
>>687973475
Good decision. Not to be a dick or anything, but most people are busy worrying about their own life.

I know that was a while ago, but do you feel differently now about holding onto personal information?
>>
I have one but it's to keep track of events at my local hobby shop. I have 5 people on it, 3 close friends and two family members. I don't post to it or check my timeline. It's just a convenient way for me to sign on to events. All my shit is hidden and if anybody asked me I would say no. I don't care about their shit or what others think of mine.
>>
I've always had a deep gatred for facebook, mostly the retarded and cringy shit. Hence why I haven't used my facebook in over 5 years. Honestly I don't know why I haven't deleted it yet. Laziness probably.
>>
Dont anymore. I have deactivated my facebook account so time ago. Even when i had it, i did not use it much. This whole concept of facebook and any other social media that shows pictures, locations and give detail information about you makes me wonder how people dont see the risk they are putting themselves in.
In past years, government agencies, other people, stalkers, any other human for that matter would have to go through alot of trouble to know your exact location, life patterns, friends, hobbies....etc . With social media life facebook, and the way people are using it to expose every small detail of their lives, dont they see how easy it is for others to be involved one way or another in your daily life.
People all over the world are protesting against government surveillance about their privacy being threatened, about how government is spying and screening their calls and information, where in fact, we as people are flooding who ever needs any piece of information about us, with tons of it.
No one really cares where you"check in" or how you feel at this exact moment. Everyone has their own lives to live and wont be spending every second looking about how you run yours.
Social media has deprived us of basic human interaction, some years ago, and not too long ago, if a friend of yours was in the hospital, has a b-day party, or any other sad or happy occasion, you would actually go and be there, sharing with them their happy or sad moments. Then it evolved to a mere phone call, then texting, then we ended up sharing those moments with our friends and families with a "Like" on face book or even an emoji.
I deleted it because i dont want to be that prick who says i have friends but actually dont.
>>
is there anyway to get a photo deleted off someone elses facebook?
>>
>>687974387
Anon likes this
>>
>>687972465
Yes, honestly because I've started a group for my dnd campaign, so I can post once and everyone sees it instead of texting 8 people independently.
>>
>>687974418
Ask them to take it down?
>>
>>687974576
That's so crazy it might actually work.
>>
>>687974576
its an old photo I hate and it would seem neurotic if I asked them to take it down ). due to facebooks new 'on this day app' i am worried it will resurface
>>
>>687974418
have you tried hacking facebook?
>>
>>687974526

Thats a fucking GAY excuse. Ever heard of group text? Fucking doi you attention whore
>>
>>687974975 see >>687974985
>>
>>687974975
No it wouldn't. A mate of mine took a picture of my fiancé drunk kissing a chick friend of hers and posted it. I had no problems with asking him to take it down and he did. Nothing wrong with it.
>>
I don't. Interface is inconvenient as fuck + I have vk
>>
>>687972465
Yes I use it to post and share alt right news and anti jew/muslim propaganda
>>
>>687972796
No. I don't use any social networking sites at all, Facebook included. People ask "why not", and the reply is due the lack of social & human interaction that these kinds of applications give us.

As pointed out by other 4Chan'rs, facebook profiles have become pissing, bitching and backstabbing contests of an Olympic nature where people I have known have their colleagues bullied or sacked.

Social network apps, such as FB are used by stalkers, but ultimately people generally just use it for slander, and there is a lot of it goes around.
>>
>>687972465
Mostly chat with my friends,and stay in touch with friends I've met from other countries. I just unfollow every person I have and just leave the pages I've liked in my news feeds. I don't want to deal with people's bullshit
>>
Do you guys feel like you're missing out in some way?

I'm Anon. >>687972796
Sometimes my social circle would be much, much bigger than it is now if I did have social media. But then I think I would rather have close friends rather than people I just meet on a piss up night.
>>
>>687975306
>>687975037
cheers will just go the simple route and ask for it to be taken down. the uploader is someone i havent spoken to for a few years tho, does it make a difference?
>>
>>687974418
Report it and claim that it is yours
>>
I DO NOT use Facebook. It's a major security issue. It's very difficult to remove your data once it's out there.
>>
>>687974985
is it even possible?
>>
Yes but rarely just to talk to people who dont live near me anymore. I cant even remember the last time i posted something
>>
>>687972465
Yes, because everyone else does.
>>
>>687975440
do they generally take things down then if you report and claim as yours? also do the people get notified it was reported?
>>
>>687975529
Good goy
>>
>>687975529
Conformist.
>>
I want to delete my account but I can't.. It's my main tool for keeping in touch with people and doing school work.
>>
>>687972465
yes because I'm old and all my friends who are also old use it too.
>>
>>687975562
Yeah they do most of the time and the person gets notified ofcourse
>>
I keep mine for the fap material
>>
>>687975408
No. It's a picture of you and you don't want it up. It would be more douche of them to decline regardless of circumstances. If you let what others think or feel stand between what you want you're not gonna get anything bro. Mild people get stepped over
>>
>>687973861

Not any where near as much as I used to. I used to be like those beta teens and say shit like "I miss her so bad!" I think experiencing life for a while changed my view on things as a whole.

Also, I hate Facebook because 90% of the people I come across use that and only that. I take public transportation and the bus stop signs have a Web address for info and whatnot.... Every fucking day I hear "do you know what time the bus comes?" when they're on Facebook for ten minutes and I point them to the sign and they just give me a look and ask someone else.
>>
>>687975832
good point, i dont let anyone treat me like a pushover but was just thinking it may seem petty/neurotic to ask for a 4 year old photo to be taken down
>>
>>687972465
I have facebook, made it when I was like 16, but haven't used it for a few years now. And back when I did, I only used it to play some games with school friends.

I dislike many things that have to do with facebook. To name a few, the tracking/profiling and the "culture" that comes with it in the form of showing off ones worthless achievements or lack thereof in the form of retarded posts. I'm simply not interested. I really do think it lowers the intelligence of the people who use it and think they're so up to date on things. That may be true in a way, but the things they're "up to date" on, are bits of worthless information or gossip without realizing that fact.
>>
>>687972465
Yes, because you'd be a retarded shutin if you didn't. It's a communication tool, and it's a fairly good one. Just the fact that so many people use it makes it worth using to arrange to meet people, and watch what's going on.

>inb4 but they're spying on meh
Of course they are. Don't put anything seriously private or illegal up there, and you'll be fucking fine.
>>
Opened a troll fb account in like 2007. Have a twitter acct but do nothing with it.

Hate social media. Seems to just be idiots bleeting on about their lives. People, your opinions aren't important.

Strange but my folks are full on into fb. Check it multiple times a day, get into flame wars about stupid stuff. They get so sucked in.

Mum 'hey anon, look at this picture, its a massive snake they've found in Brazil. It ate a cow'

Me: 'mum, what is Photoshop'

I feel like I'm the parent.
>>
File: Joanna.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Joanna.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
>>687972796
>>687972828
>>687972984
>>687973210
>>687973390
>>687973475
>>687973609
>>687973708
>>687974265
>>687974387
>>687975323
>>687975336
>>687975366
>>687975445

Lets just say I am very happy proud of you guys. I honestly wasn't expecting that. I have never had an acount and have been warning people since day one.
>>
>>687976093
Interesting. Maybe your anecdote describes how absorbed people have become with social media.

Steve Jobs literally changed the way people behave in the western world. We're all a bunch of mindless zombies now. Fuck Steve Jobs.
>>
File: hahahahahaaha.jpg (29 KB, 242x242) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahaaha.jpg
29 KB, 242x242
>>687972465
no....because muh privacy & zuckerjew...lol
>>
>>687972465
yeah because I have friends
>>
>>687976488
People managed to be social before the advent of social media.
>>
Never had Facebook or Mysapace. Waste of time.
>>
>>687972465
Yes I regularly enjoy facebook. I never use my real info on it, I just troll, find funnier shit there than I do here usually and even get some news. facebook is whatever you make of it, just have to find the right pages.
>>
No. Had one i rarely used and recently deactivated it. I do invest though, and the gains are looking good.

Mr Zuckerjew, like the jackass that he is, claimed he felt like Guttenberg. He should die for this.
>>
>>687978285
Any tips for investing? Buy low, sell high?
>>
>>687972465
no facebook. no instagram. no snapchat.

its all just a massive fucking waste of time

literally
>>
Holy shit, I went to shave my balls when this thread only had like 6 posts.

Glad to see other people hating the cancer that is Facebook
>>
>>687972465
only attention seekers use facebook

/thread
>>
>>687972465
Yes. I have no idea why I still use it though.
>>
>>687978437
Check your balls for cancer.
>>
>>687978369
Pretty much. Don't buy the hype, stay away from the news hype, and have a atty tolerance level for potential losses.

Look into some nice dividend stocks for long term. I have at&t, been pretty ok with it.

Finally, go to /biz/.
>>
>>687972465

never used it or any social media. it just never interested me enough to give it a try.
>>
>>687978669

Thank you for the reminder. I'm good
>>
I did some part time work at a call center last August, and it was calling people conducting a political survey.

I got one guy on the phone who told me "I don't discuss my political views over the phone, I prefer to do that privately on Facebook"
>>
- Encourages a popularity contest so you end up adding people you hate, or are not you friends.
- Data collection for the most invasive personal information. Can you really trust Zuckerberg?
- Waste of time, although arguably we are wasting it right now.
>>
>>687979499
This.
>>
>>687979499
The thread has sparked a discussion on the pros and cons of social media.
>>
im sick of people walking down corridors bumping into everyone because they are looking at their phone.

guys go on lunch break and dont talk to each other... looking at their phone.

facebook is one step closer to people living in bubbles.
>>
>>687979499

Checked

I'd rather waste time here and get a good laugh sometimes rather than having any information I choose to share on FB being collected
>>
>>687979499
>Can you really trust Zuckerberg?
Can you really trust Hiroyuki Nishimura aka Japanese moot?
>>
>>687972465
yes but mostly because of Messenger

don't really use it for the social media aspect
>>
>>687979772

That shit happens but not just because of Facebook

Although, how different is it from people who walk reading a book or a newspaper or people who are daydreaming and don't watch where they're going?
>>
>>687979946
You can use the messenger app with just a valid phone number now. I don't have any social media and I only found out this a few weeks ago.
>>
File: lost.png (193 KB, 488x639) Image search: [Google]
lost.png
193 KB, 488x639
>>687972796
>fucking this
I had an account in like 2012 when I was a teen, sent some cringey messages to girls, and edgy messages to my friends, but then I realized people weren't posting pictures they just took normally throughout their day anymore, but were taking pics specifically to put them on facebook. I realized it was just a fucking "who has a more interesting life, and a more moral opinion" competition. Oh and pretty girls commenting "so beautiful" on ugly girls' pics, and everyone shitting out an incredible amount of general hypocrisy.
People are faking fun, emotions, and excitement, and there isn't even a fucking reason. They get absolutely nothing out of it, because everyone else is competing with them, and they don't even care about each other anymore, just to the extent of making sure they notice them, and have a distinct opinion on them.
I do have a throwaway facebook account through, with like 7 friends and no personal info in case I need to reach someone who isn't picking up, or need to send a link to someone who isn't on skype.

And let's not forget who made the spawn of this fucking cancerous banana possible. Fuck zuckerberg
>>
>>687979772
>guys go on lunch break and dont talk to each other
I just hate my coworkers and classmates and prefer to talk/text with my actual friends
>>
>>687980349

This LOL

If you spend all day amongst your coworkers, why would you always want to keep talking to them on your free time?
>>
>>687980431
Maybe you enjoy their company?
>>
>>687980098
Insightful, thanks bro.
>>
>>687972465
Yes. I use it to perv on pics of girls at my work and fap.
>>
>>687972465
I use it
Reasons: posting funny shit and messenger
>>
>>687980513

Maybe, maybe not.

I've never worked at a place where I legitimately enjoyed being around my coworkers.

I would talk to people if I had to, but as soon as it was time to go hons, it was like I didn't even know them
>>
File: 494px-Markeatsabullet4.jpg (53 KB, 494x600) Image search: [Google]
494px-Markeatsabullet4.jpg
53 KB, 494x600
>>687972465

Facebook is for ignorant black people.
>>
File: hadescoffeecup.jpg (321 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
hadescoffeecup.jpg
321 KB, 792x825
>>687972465

Facebook should be called FUCKBOOK.
>>
>>687980098

This article opened my eyes about how much bullshit goes into social medias. Everybody is faking fun and emotions. It's so depressing.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/nov/03/instagram-star-essena-oneill-quits-2d-life-to-reveal-true-story-behind-images
>>
>>687972796
>>687972984
>>687973210
>>687973475
>>687973609
>>687974171
>>687974387
>>687975336
>>687975366
>>687975403
>>687976316
>>687976700
>>687980098
>>687979499
Thanks anonymous, sometimes I'm glad this place exists.
>>687979772
>one step closer to people living in bubbles
This is true in more than one way. The way these social media sites are structured, you mostly only come accross stuff or opinions you already like or agree with. So it's just reassuring your views on whatever, and makes you feel more confident about being right, and people with conflicting opinions being absolutely wrong. I think they're also partly to be blamed for the way people absolutely dehumanize other people with different opinions nowadays. Like if you're a trump supporter, all the bernie supporters automatically want to beat you up and spit in your face because they're convinced you're racist and the devil's spawn. And if you support bernie for whatever reason, you'll either get called a cuck or a nigger on welfare, even if there's no reason to believe you're either one.
>>
>>687980098

lol wut?

Talking about your pic
>>
>>687981937
It's the cancer that is millenial ironic shitposting. The only way you can win over that cancer is to accept it into yourself and let it course through your veins.
I embrace the cancer now, and through that I can truly be alive
>>
I don't use facebook, I just really don't care about what other people do day to day. I get some funny looks when girls ask me to add them and I say I don't use it though.
>>
>>687982206
That's happened to me a few times and it mostly ends up in getting their number

>oh hai add me on Facebook
>don't use it, what's your number?
>>
I currently do, but a lot of stuff here makes sense. I usually just use it to chat since SMS costs money, and not all my friends are on steam.

But whenever people post some photo of themself having a good time and they get a ton of likes an people comment stuff like "nice" or whatever, I feel envious i guess.

but the main problem is that people talk to each other on fb but in real life wont even make eye contact or acknowledge each other. thats what i dont like
>>
I only have 1 person in my list and since then it has been an ubearable amount of drama thanks to her other friends, i'm honestly considering deleting my account without even telling her
>>
>>687972465
I do use Facebook. Used to be cos everyone else was doing it and I loterally had nothing better to do than sign up for one. Then it became my self serving altar to myself. With the exception of like two of my friends in there who genuinely do interesting shit, I have flooded my wall with many luthiers and amp makers while constantly reminding my friends that my facebook exists only to entertain me.
>>
File: hadessaywhat.jpg (10 KB, 192x234) Image search: [Google]
hadessaywhat.jpg
10 KB, 192x234
>>687982196

No man, I must of be referring to the shit talking comments you have in that photo.
>>
>>687972465
All of you are losers. You need to have facebook to socialize, talk to girls or something, in other way you only are an austistic.
>>
>>687981422
Thanks man will read
>>
Facebook is useless by now. Instagram or snapchat is the shit, you don't get laid browsing on 4chan.
>>
>>687983741
> implying all social media is for is getting laid

Don't you mean Grindr and Growlr?
>>
>>687972465
Your pic is the reason I don't use it - if the Jews want my personal info, then they'll have to hack my computer just like the NSA does (or, I suppose, just buy the info from NSA....).
>>
>>687983880
I mean normal good looking girls. Usually the ones on Grindr, Tinder or something like that are ugly bitches or fakes.
>>
I use but since I've been using it since early 2006 I have no interest in using for anything other than keeping tabs and friends and family. I barely like any pages and if anyone shares annoying shit I immediately block all shares from that page.
>>
>>687972465
No. Because its full of American hating liberals and cowards. I want nothing to do with the people I met in the Army.

I deleted mine when they took down the confederate flags from southern capitals.

Fuck this country, serve in the military for 8 years just to hear about white privilege and "poor oppressed" blacks destroying my history and culture.

I cannot wait for this country to be destroyed.
>>
>>687984135
You didn't serve in the military for protect your history and culture. You serve in the military for government money and power.
>>
>>687983567
Good evening
This is your insecurity speaking
We'll soon be reaching an altitude of 9 million and a half feet
>>
I don't use it, never did.

Reason - I have no friends, and my family sucks anyway.
>>
>>687984048
Whatever you say, fuckboi :-*
>>
>>687984252
this country is in its last hours of life.

watch your back faggot, there are thousands of veterans like me who would like nothing better to show you liberals what war is.

you do pray for it, by burning down cities and attacking whites.

there will be no mercey for you, your children or your women. you will all die, then we will ban any form of liberalism under penalty of death.
>>
>>687984512
I'm not even american kek. You are so brainwashed by your government that you thought you were fighting for protect people from an imaginary enemy. If you had died, nobody would give a fuck except your family. Stop believing you were Rambo or something
>>
>>687984512
What a special snowflake you are.
>>
>>687984512
What exactly were you protecting thousands of miles from your borders?
>>
>>687984846
Rekted him kek
>>
>>687984947
Oil bruh
>>
>>687984512
Calm down, Lt. Dan. You still ain't got no legs
>>
>>687972465
facebook was useful during college for organizing events (AKA chasing pussy and finding free food). a few days after graduation I downloaded my archive and deleted my active account.
>>
>>687972465
Never had a facebook page. Never will.
>>
>>687985028
You're not from the us right? For some reason only non americlaps seem to be realizing this. I guess the fourth branch of the government is working wonders.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.