[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Britain to leave the eu ? What are your thoughts all nationalities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 27
File: images.duckduckgo.com(7).jpg (232 KB, 649x431) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(7).jpg
232 KB, 649x431
Britain to leave the eu ? What are your thoughts all nationalities welcome to chime in.
I'll start am from England and I want to leave because among other reasons a centralised European army not controlled by any of its individual countries scares the shit out of me
>>
>>687966744
>army
The EU is an economic partnership.
>>
>>687966996
>not saying current with world events
Smh fam.
>>
The leave argument is based on half truths such as the one the op states.
>>
Anyone who wans to stay may as well put on a pig mask and suck David Cameron's cock, we'll be worse off to start with sure, but within 10 years we'll have lucrative trade deals with China, usa ,india and the EU
>>
>>687966996
not purely. atleast not anymore the eu has a common defense policy regarding some matters for example when dealing with piracy (talking about somalis not movie piracy). the military cooperation is likely to increase futher when britain leaves, if I remember correctly they were against it and germany and france in favour.
>>
>>687966744
Germanfag here.

I really hope you guys leaving, I want other nations to follow in the next decade.
I want this fucking EU to die.

But unfortunately you don't have the balls to leave, it will not happen...
>>
>>687966744
If Trump gets elected you should leave the EU. It'll make America great again.
>>
>>687966996
It was to begin with but now it is a political union that enforces certain laws throughout Europe such as health and safety and banking regulations. If it was merely an economic partnership no one would have a problem, also it is the only place in the world where free trade goes with free movements of people's.
>>
As an American, I'm all for you staying in. The independent status should be well maintained, but a united coalition deters foreign threats.
>>
>>687968150
Op here
Agreed, we speak the primary language of the planet we have the commonwealth, which currently we have great pains trading with and no one other than the remain campaigners have said that we won't have access to the single market. The idea that Europe wont want to trade with us if we leave is ridiculous we (the UK) is the largest consumer of European goods why would they want us to stop buying from them, that is madness.
>>
C'mon, dont be stupid. Together we are stronger. It is always that way, we leave in a world where we shouldnt keep united. Look at the USA, although we have cultural differences between all of us, I may agree on that, but cmon, we are not living in a world of individualities and nationalisms. We must aim to be citizens of the world and still love your country, there is no contradiction... anyway, brexit will not happen so...
>>
>>687968879
As an American I am disgusted to be your kinsman, you fucking liberal
>BREXIT!
>>
>>687967910
Op here
I find the remain campaigners say something retarded every time they speak saying things like 'we'll have to re-learn how to do trade deal's' or 'If we leave Europe wont trade with us' or even harking about safety in numbers and alliances, going on like NATO isn't a separate thing
>>
You all are the fucking weirdos of europe so yes, get the hell out of our sight fgs
>>
What difference does it make in practice? The UK did not sign any meaningful treaty. It was always a member only in name, and only to prevent the EU project from working.

Ok, leave. Go have fun with your Dom/sub relationship with the US.
>>
>>687968360
Op here
I feel sorry for real German's, you're country invaded because you're fellow Germans have a guilt complex for something they had nothing to do with and then massively virtue signalling to the rest of the world by opening your borders for a group of people who don't respect your laws and social conventions. As and Englishman I'm sorry to say another big reason for me wanting to leave is that these aforementioned migrants will soon be eu citizens and have the right to come and further infect my country with Sharia law.
>>
I hope the UK leaves and that they kick out all of the disgusting British immigrant trash from southern Europe.
>>
>>687966744
>scares the shit out of me

Don't worry abdul, if anything actually major happened to you guys us Amerifats would be over there to pull you out of the fire as usual.
>>
>>687968488
Op
I would think America would like us to stay in the eu as England is essentially on the union's panel. But saying that there is no way the U.S would hand over control of just over 50% of their lawmaking ability to another country. I did like trumps input on the matter though, he didn't know and he said he didn't know very down to earth response which I respect, unlike Obama who said we would be at the back of the 'que' when Americans don't even say que they use 'line' right? it sounds like he was told what to say and it wasn't his own opinion
>>
>>687968879
The EU does nothing in terms of deterring threats that NATO doesn't. Fuck off.
>>
File: 1462683524206.jpg (39 KB, 409x393) Image search: [Google]
1462683524206.jpg
39 KB, 409x393
>>687968879
Op
Acting like I didn't already outline the difference between NATO and the EU
>>
>>687966744

I live in England but I'm an American living and working here. I can't vote in this but if I could, I'd vote to stay.

Leaving the EU would mean renegotiating a lot of trade agreements and EU member nations would look at this as a great opportunity to fuck you over with tariffs and taxes.

How much of the food in the grocery store is imported? The cost of food will almost certainly go up. And so will all of the other goods you import from Europe.

I get the general concept of leaving but in reality it's going to be a bad idea, especially if you're middle class.
>>
>>687969065
Op
I find it funny how people that want to stay make it out like leaving would be xenophobic isn't it the opposite if we are opening to the world rather than just Europe.
>>
>>687971332
>isn't it the opposite if we are opening to the world rather than just Europe

I didn't realize being in the EU meant that you weren't allowed to do business with the rest of the world.
>>
>>687969581
Op
Lel right now wr have a Dom/sub relationship with the eu where they have majority control over our laws when I or no one else even elected them and I like democracy sorry I hope us leaving is a catalyst for other countries to leave
>>
>>687966996
>The EU is an economic partnership.

I fucking wish. Maybe it wouldn't be utterly horrible, then.
>>
>>687971167
>Leaving the EU would mean renegotiating a lot of trade agreements and EU member nations would look at this as a great opportunity to fuck you over with tariffs and taxes.
No EU country in their right mind would screw themselves over when it comes to trade so that they could punish the UK for leaving. The Germans have already indicated for example that trading would be normalized as quickly as possible in the event of the UK leaving. We import to much from Europe for them to afford to that luxury and they know it.

>How much of the food in the grocery store is imported? The cost of food will almost certainly go up. And so will all of the other goods you import from Europe.
Confirmed for not knowing what you're talking about. The EU imposes immense tariffs on food from outside of the EU in order to fund the CAP. Leaving would mean that much cheaper food from outside the EU would no longer be subjected to this when being imported into the UK and I'd be very surprised if we saw any significant increase or decrease in price.
>>
>>687969715
Op
I have no problem with Europeans being in England whether we leave or not I'm not advocating to kick anyone out of my country, especially actual Europeans I still want to have a Tye's and strong connections to the rest of Europe I'd hope at this point Europe can get on without the anti democratic EU
>>
>>687966744
Would be lovely if those whiny cunts left. Better for everyone.

"BUHUHUUHEUU But my empiree... BUUHUHU!"
>>
>>687971904
>The Germans have already indicated for example that trading would be normalized as quickly as possible in the event of the UK leaving.

>implying zee Germans can be trusted
>>
>>687971628
The EU has influence on about 17% of our laws.
We have a democratic say within the EU, just as every other nation does.
You preach about democracy, yet we have an unelected head of state in the UK, and an unelected upper chamber of parliament in The House Of Lords.
The EU disbanding will make Europe less strong and more unstable.
You argument makes no sense.
>>
File: 1456528916123.jpg (213 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1456528916123.jpg
213 KB, 3000x3000
>>687970026
>>
>>687966744
>>687968360
other gerfag here.
it's not like i would not choose leaving over staying in this undemocratic executive dominated shithole, but not living in britain, i hardly can be for you leaving,
>because:
let's be honest, britain is one of the few countries that blockade and mourn further integration and aggraic subsidies in the EU, if you were to leave, you would leave us alone with france.
>us
>alone
>with france

it's going to be hell. frenchies will demand all sorts of subsidy bs and integration of unemployed transfer systems and our own braindead party politics-ridden class will applaud and give it to them in exchange for other bs. (likely in one's own country unpopular shit will just be lifted to the european stage to be an exchange good for other unpopular shit and quid pro quo we'll got both crackpot programs comin in as eu-directives).

Don't let this happen! Don't leave us!
>>
im voteing leaf cos i wont deez fukin mosslims out
>>
File: 1464653043050.png (266 KB, 480x755) Image search: [Google]
1464653043050.png
266 KB, 480x755
>>687966744
Please Brexit, set an example for us all.
The EU is a failure
>>
>>687970026
OP
I think cooperation between western nations is important, also I'm white and my lineage goes back English/welsh for as long as far as I have looked. The eu army scares because they are trying to ban right wing parties from running in elections, where they would get to decide what is too right wing and what isn't so what happens when a country tries to elect a party that the EU doesn't like.

There are many cultural differences in Europe how bad would someone from Slovak feel about attacking England or france if they we're fed some bs propaganda or vice versa. At least when an army is controlled by its own country the troops wouldn't want to attack their own.
>>
>>687969263
It's easy to see retards when you've made up your mind, so don't even try pretend that you haven't.
>>
>>687966996
>The EU is an economic partnership.
more like economic ripoff

all its done its allowed the huge mutlinational companies to rip even more money out of the countries of europe.
>>
>>687966744

I'm being asked to choose between a fully-defined position and one which is just "leave lol we'll probably be able to make it work"

If this was a choice between two completely defined positions, I'd be more inclined to vote for Leave.
>>
>>687971904
Op here
Try I couldn't of put it better myself
The EU actually hordes food to increase the price through scarcity to the extent that is goes off and can no longer be eaten
>>
>>687972640
>that pic, its so true its scary
>>
File: VIDEO_Boris_Johnson_363926a.jpg (443 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
VIDEO_Boris_Johnson_363926a.jpg
443 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>687971462
It actually does, being in the EU makes ot very hard for us to trade with other countries outside European deals. We don't trade well with countries like India, Canada or Australia who all have strong ties with us through the commonwealth
>>
File: michael-gove.jpg (157 KB, 736x444) Image search: [Google]
michael-gove.jpg
157 KB, 736x444
>>
File: muzak.jpg (636 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
muzak.jpg
636 KB, 1600x1600
>>
>>687972241
I believe it is 57% of out laws are passed in Brussels by an unelected European assembly. Unfortunately we don't get to elect our head of state we get to vote for the party and they decide who the front runner is. While I agree we could have a better system (and fuck the conservatives) at least we got to vote on which party represents us
>>
Eurofag here.

Tbf I don't think the UK staying or leaving will change anything at all for other EU countries.

Whether the EU works out or not will happen independently of the UK staying or leaving.

But the UK is sure to be fucked in the ass economically with leverage.
>>
I don't really care about sovereignty - EU laws are still implemented by parliament.

If we really care about "democracy" we can start far closer to home. We have an unelected monarch and unelected house of lords, and our electoral system is horribly broken. The ruling party achieved a majority with <37% of the vote. UKIP and the Green Party between them had about 16% of the vote, but got 0.3% of the seats (and hence, influence) in parliament.

I do care about the overall health of the economy and the evidence is overwhelming in that regard: a vote to leave would be harmful.
>>
>>687972066
>>687972412
Op
I honestly do feel bad for you, I'm kinda hoping that the UK leaving will be the spark for other countries to leave I hear Sweden is on it if we leave.

I dont understand how you can live with your leader though I would be ashamed of Merkel a woman who won't even wave her own flag and from the outside looks like she is actively trying to burn her own country
>>
>>687973566
It doesn't matter what you "believe". It's not true.
>>
>>687973566
>I believe it is 57% of out laws are passed in Brussels by an unelected European assembly

That is not correct.
>>
>>687972580
Unfortunately they are a problem, the ones who come over and don't want to conform, who live in parallel societies and legal systems they have started implementing Sharia courts.

These, in my opinion should be completely illegal, they are totally biased toward women and Sharia quite literally advocates the murder of gays and has rules on how you should beat your wife.
>>
>>687972845
Op
I have made up my mind but, I did look into the situation in detail and came to a conclusion, at first I didn't have a clue
>>
>>687973266
it's sad that immigration became that big in the discussion, when it should be about representation and making politics as local as possible
>>
>>687974035
37% is still more than the 0% EU

I'm fairly certain you know the name of Prime Minister. But can you name the president of the European union? How about all six of them? Without google

Plus the Monarchy and Lords don't have any real power. Yes the lords can delay and amend legislation, but there are plans to fully elect the Lords.
But if we were to elect the lords it'd just mirror the second chamber so it'd be pointless, and a check on power would be lost. Not to mention Lords are appointed generally for their expertise in a certain field or represent a section of society
>>
>>687974035
>If we really care about "democracy" we can start far closer to home

That bit comes after we leave the EU.

You're voting to remain part of a superstate that is governed by 9 former prime ministers, 19 former government ministers and 7 former commissioners. There is no progress to be found there, especially not of a democratic nature.

>>687974423
>>687974584
He is correct, as long as he is including the EU regulations.

Without them it is 13%.
>>
>>687973000
I thought that at first aswel but after looking into I don't like the way the EU is heading anyway. More power for the unelected EU commission through trade sanctions and less power for individual governments within the EU and they want to have their own fucking army and ban certain political parties from even running.

This group of people we have 0 control over yet have say over what we're allowed to do want there own army. No ty I say
>>
>>687975035
Having no accountability in your leaders is obviously a problem. It's not like central Europe hasn't gone full retard before what if that happens and the leaders can't be taken from power and they have their own army one presumably bigger than any individual EU nation
>>
>>687971117
*you're
>>
File: ukip-builder-poster.jpg (39 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
ukip-builder-poster.jpg
39 KB, 460x259
I'm voting to stay in. If you cant get a fucking job in this market then you deserve to be homeless on the street.

The EU does not detract from national sovereignty.

Shit like TTIP is easier to shoot down with the combined efforts of our European neighbours.

The world will inevitably become more and more globalised.

If you don't like it, you cant change it if you are not in it.

I'm a dirty immigrant who came to your country not knowing a single word of English and stole your job. I work in finance in the city and the majority of my co-workers are not British. And those who were born British no longer hold British passports. If you want to complain and riot about something, complain about the rich and corruption amongst the ruling elite.
>>
>>687974412
>I dont understand how you can live with your leader though I would be ashamed of Merkel a woman who won't even wave her own flag and from the outside looks like she is actively trying to burn her own country

it's all about images in the context of left-green media and emerging right-wing party. don't be confused german national identity and it's sympols are just easy topics for new battles in the media.
one: how can you do this? are you for that?
two: this isn't that, so i'm for the former
media: hear ye, hear ye! strife in the coalition
three: what's wrong with that?
media: two, are you now with three?
two: no, they aren't right, we are.
one: (notice me, media!) how about we bitch again about evil rich people, would you like that?

it's all just so tiring
>>
vote out you fucking morons
there is literally nothing to discuss
>>
>>687976969
>The EU does not detract from national sovereignty.
>Shit like TTIP is easier to shoot down with the combined efforts of our European neighbours.
>The world will inevitably become more and more globalised.
>>
>>687976969
>complain about the rich and corruption amongst the ruling elite.

that is the EU you fucking melt \
vote out
>>
>>687976969
I can actually agree with this and see it happening all over the EU. People complaining about how foreigners came and stole MUH JOBS, but in truth, you see tons of nationals refusing to work those jobs and just sucking welfare, paid by the working people. The same people that came from outside are paying your taxes and working the jobs that some people simply DON'T WANT to work on.

I actually have the luck (or not, because I don't even get a nice pay for my responsibility) to work for a big company on a nice job and make more than the average person my age. Then I get to hear from people on welfare how I should be earning minimum wage for my work. People always choose to envy what others have earned with their sweat, instead of working for their own well being. That's sad. Such people deserve poverty, and no in-or-out policy will change that poor mentality.
>>
>>687976969
Agreed that the ruling elite are the bigger problem but good luck getting at them, this is the choice we have.

Also I have never advocated for kicking anyone out of the country, I am from a large multi cultural city and have no problem with people from different backgrounds faiths and skin colour.

Tbh if you didn't speak English and came here to work why the fuck did they let you in? If true this just shows that our immigration policy has utterly failed
>>
>>687977869
>>687977869

Asylum seekers?
>>
>>687977559
I thought that the EU was well on ttip now if we leave they will negotiate with us aswel as the EU how could that make it easier
>>
>>687977823
missing the point this hard though. incredible
>>
>>687978327
I didn't miss the point, I'm just of the opinion that whether you stay or you leave, you're bound to get fucked economically. At least as much as the rest of the EU. The only thing that might change, is how fast (for the worse) you're getting fucked.
>>
tryrtbtfrb
>>
>>687978186
People seeking asylum stop in the first safe country they reach and want to go home when it is safe, I have a problem with unskilled mass economic migration. Coming over with an incompatible culture with no desire to accept western ideals.
>>
>>687978556
as i suspected you have absolutely no idea of which you speak.. very childish indeed.
>>
File: Regulations-for-the-win.jpg (36 KB, 460x470) Image search: [Google]
Regulations-for-the-win.jpg
36 KB, 460x470
>>
in
because unlike u niggers im not so blinded by my racism to see that financially we will be better off in the eu

also cheaper cigarettes
>>
File: 1464608193571.gif (2 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1464608193571.gif
2 MB, 286x258
>>687979049
>>
>>687970026
Well... It depends on the future relationship between the U.S and Uk. Trump has tension with the U.K and he'll most likely be our next president so I don't know how much support he'll give to them
>>
>>687979320
cost of living drops by 8% on day one you poor blind bastard.
fucking retard you dont deserve a vote.
you have 20 days to get clued up mate. i suggest you get to it
>>
File: 7797078.jpg (22 KB, 320x309) Image search: [Google]
7797078.jpg
22 KB, 320x309
>>687979049
>>
>>687979439
And trade with europe drops because we have nothing to offer that can't be got cheaper from other eu countries
>>
>>687976414
No. That was the right use of "your" in the image
>>
File: image_22.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image_22.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>>687979049
>>
>>687979576
FALSE.
we will be in the world market
this is infinitely better than just trading with the EU
in the EU , as a tiny nation we are propping up developing countries and pay the price for it.
the world is bigger than the EU and far more competitive.. the assumption we will not be able to trade with the EU in complete and utter bollocks and you know it, dont you.
>>
>>687979576
Only the remain campaign has said we won't have access to the market. It is absolutely ridiculous that Europe wouldn't want to trade with us we are one of if not the biggest buyer of European produce,bit would be retarded to suggest that they would stop trading with us
>>
>>687979576
sort your head out. you dont have much time
>>
File: brit3845u81.jpg (75 KB, 600x570) Image search: [Google]
brit3845u81.jpg
75 KB, 600x570
>>687966744
now you'll be able to join the league of arab nations where you belong.
>>
Fuck the EU and the sandnigger rapefugees. Out.
>>
>>687979576
You can use YouTube and watch the debates I did and made my decision as hard as it is for people to get a straight answer from any of these politicians I feel far more informed now after looking into it myself. I'ma vote leave btw
>>
Gerfag living and working in the UK here.

What I dont understand is the focus on immigration.
Every time I go into the shops I glance a look at the newspaper and they are full with "PAJEET CAME INTO COUNTY NOW WE HAVE TO PAY 20k FOR HIS KNEE OP", but in reality if the UK leaves and wants to go back into free trade with the rest of the EU, free access for EU citizens to the country is one of the main points.

Lets say that the UK votes for the Brexit, what will happen? Nothing for two years as the UK would have to negotiate the leave with Brussel.
This process is thought to take two years, afterwards they would have to re-negotiate access for free trade. The thing is, now the UK has the infamous "Brit Rebate" where they are saving billions of Pound that Thatcher pushes through. Once they are out this is gone and the EU will probably not be very open about it and force the same terms as Norway for example.
>>
>>687980139
As bad as this sounds it has become a valid concern/argument
>>
>>687974712
You need to go out more.
>>
>>687980502
This guy gets it.
>>
>>687969263
NATO, in its current form, may not exist for much longer. With Western European countries spending less than 2% of GDP (some less than 1%) on defense, while trashing the US in the media and cozying up to Putin for trade deals, there is declining support here. We will probably maintain a strong alliance with Eastern European nations that share common ground with us on defense matters, and cooperate as partners, but Western Europe shouldn't take NATO membership for granted.

Now, I understand these issues were around for decades during the Cold War, but it's a different world now, and the value for the US just isn't there.
>>
>>687980824
hardly
>>
>>687978212
ttip is only a hot topic for nutjobs.
>>
>>
>>687980502
>Lets say that the UK votes for the Brexit, what will happen?

a fucking chance at something.
>>
>>687981026
More than the average brit.
>>
>>687981106
thats fair but he's still missing the point spectacularly
>>
>>687971858
EU is an economic union
Eurozone is a monetary union
>>
>>687980929
Op here
I complete agree with you and I think NATO is incredibly important, England does spend it's 2% on our military and I feel all countries in NATO should do the same we should show a united front in the face of how the world today. The western nations having such close historical and cultural ties we should definitely be sticking together and all putting in the same amount of effort. It is bad enough it looks like we rely on America anyway.
>>
>>687981554
*UK
>>
>>687972241
We will never be able to devolve power from the house of lords or parliaments back to local councils (eventually) if we vote to stay in the eu now
>>
If all those Englishfags think they can make it on their own they're free to leave by me, idgaf
>>
>>687972241
what a load of horse shit.
>>
>>687975025
I'm from Kent, where most of the Migrants (illegal or otherwise) tend to land. Immigration is the ONLY topic round these parts, but the plebs that dwell here are too thick to see anything else
>>
>>687981272
Can't tell if bait
I take it you just got here, why don't you read something then tell us that the EU is merely an economic partnership
>>
>>687981935
>make it on their own
>Great British empire

kill yourself
>>
1) Britain out of EU
2) Muslims out of Britain
>>
>>687979943
It's not up for question it's simple fucking economics. Higher trade tariffs for trading with eu countries WILL mean that not only will they buy less from us but it will cost more to buy from them. This is btec economics.
>>
>>687975025
immigration is the argument that will win idiots over.
you could win brexit with out mentioning it once though thats the sad bit for the remain camp
and the hilarious bit for any one who can still think for themselves
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 767x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 767x180
>>687982261
>>
>>687982261
>world market
>>
>>687982154
the sandniggers had empires in the past too and look at them now
>>
>>687966744
Spic American here.

Stay, Britain is already cucked to shit, and part of Eurabia, leaving won't do much.
>>
>>687966744
>Trump building the wall
>England leaving the EU
Great time to be alive.
>>
>>687982492
England is just a ghost of their past now
>>
>>687982401
>negotiations happening overnight
>>
File: sharpton 1984.jpg (87 KB, 600x372) Image search: [Google]
sharpton 1984.jpg
87 KB, 600x372
>>687982492
>>
>>687982492
not an argument
just like your first point

>>687982503
>spic american here
we could have worked that out after you finished your shitpost.
leave
>>
>>687982643
so fucking what?
does anything happen over night?

will the trade deals we have end 'overnight'

you're a mess mate, sort it out.
>>
File: 1464534472527.gif (2 MB, 617x346) Image search: [Google]
1464534472527.gif
2 MB, 617x346
>>687981935
Obviously we can how much bigger do we need to be

We are the 5th largest economy in the world

We speak the primary language of the planet

We have 53 countries in the commonwealth
which we will be able to trade with unhindered by EU regulations
>>
>>687982650
I'm sorry Muhammad, please don't behead me
>>
File: hrVbVy3.png (567 KB, 901x458) Image search: [Google]
hrVbVy3.png
567 KB, 901x458
>>687982261
freedom not worth some jobs lost.

>not even mentioning british gun laws
>>
>>687968996
Worth noting the only reason germany took so many migrants is that they have a declining birth rate and need migrants
>>
>>687982873
just make sure you vote out you little cunt
>>
>>687968996
Oops wrong post, but eh
>>
I am voting leave and everyone I know is voting leave. There is no argument for the Remain camp that transcends petulant mud slinging and scare mongering.

We are giving away £20bn per year, the valued equivalent of approximately one thousand tons of gold, our industries are being destroyed, Turkey will join the EU thus effectively moving our border alongside Syria's, some of which is ISIS territory, our immigration situation is a joke and we have foreign lorries passing into Britain without so much as an eye being cast over them, lorries that could be full of ISIS sarin and nukes, cheap imported goods and labour are undermining British jobs... Cameron up in cloud cuckoo land tries to convince us that the EU is good for us, but in reality we are being mugged off to fuck by these dictatorial cunts, and it's clearly the third power grab for Germeny
>>
>>687982843
why not exit the commonwealth aswell and become a truly independent nation
>>
File: England2.jpg (52 KB, 313x457) Image search: [Google]
England2.jpg
52 KB, 313x457
>>687966744
Third largest economy in Europe. Europe are hardly going to stop trading with us over a petty grievance of us leaving the union. Switzerland and Singapore have more free trade agreements than the UK, neither of which are in the union. There's nothing that's stopping the UK from doing the same. The union is comprised of a few hundred unelected MEPs. Foreign bureaucrats, especially unelected ones should have no say over what goes on in our country. Parliamentary sovereignty belongs to our parliament. We should be able to run our own affairs without the influence of other countries.

the EU army is bad idea and the UK leaving will undermine those plans. However if not, it's not like it would matter. We're similar countries with a lot of history and similar ideals and goals. We'll remain allies, just the same way that the UK and the US are allies. There's no reason to stay anymore. the union was a good idea on paper. And it's crashed and burned.
>>
>>687982261
>This is btec economics.

oh the fucking irony lelelelelelellelele
>>
>>687982242
I would never advocate a blanket ban on Muslims or try to force them out, I do think we could put more stringent effort to deport criminals who haven't been in the country for say more than say.... 5 years, if the cast majority of those people happen to be muslim then so be it
>>
>>687983037
well said
>>
>>687982937
Well the solution isn't importing millions of tramps who hate white people
>>
Leave so we can be a democracy where we actually elect the people who make laws that govern our lives as opposed live in a society where 23 people, 22 of whom have never lived in our country, make laws we (or anyone we elect) have absolutely no veto power over. Not to mention of those 23 people who write, enact and discuss legislation not a single one have had a vote cast in their name to give them that power. One way ticket to a tyranny.
>>
>>687983037
>blaming your industries being destroyed on the european union
>>
>>687982261
Op here
So fuck Europe if they wanna make trade difficult we will be trading with the world at this point. They say the EU is the biggest market but that is balls as there is the rest of the planet, its not like we're gunna be going it alone
>>
>>687974001
Doubtful. Third largest economy in Europe. I doubt the EU would choose to fuck up trade with a large economy like the UK's over a petty grievance of them leaving the union.
>>
>>687983069
>similar countries with similar goals.
>both world wars started between European countries.
Are you trying to be a retard, or just oblivious of history?
>>
>>687982937
why not sort the money system out and help your own to form a healthy out look on childbirth and family rather than... Import the middle east.

for fucks sake. WAKE UP!
>>
File: image_21.jpg (148 KB, 400x538) Image search: [Google]
image_21.jpg
148 KB, 400x538
>>687982843
>>687983068
Because the commonwealth doesn't dictate laws to us you moron. Also we made it the commonwealth is a relic of our old empire why would we possibly leave
>>
>>687982261
>btec economics

This pathetic example of a human being has clearly taken a BTEC in Economics, swallowed the state approved EU propaganda fed to him by his lecturer, and now thinks he knows it all. Peace and love man, why can't we just share everything, right?

Good luck with your BTEC in Economics, at least you'll find it easier to manage your finances when you finally become a McDonalds crew member with that spicy ass qualification
>>
>>687968879
Bet France felt well protected ey?
>>
>>687969581

As long as America maintains its military spending the whole world is in a Dom/sub relationship with her. Alliances be damned.
>>
>>687983412
nobody ever claimed that the eu was the biggest market but it's undeniably a very large and important one. What is to stop the rest of the world getting their shit from China since tariffs will be more or less equal and they will offer it considerably cheaper?
>>
>>687983488
I said we have a lot of history.
But now we have similar goals and similar ideals.

The UK and the US were at war at one point. Now they're close allies.
>>
>>687983688

I got the impression he was a cunt too
funny that
>>
At the end of the day, money talks. People won't fuck around after we leave the EU, this isn't a primary school playground full of stroppy children, people will get down to business and money will flow. More project fear
>>
Do it, Make Britain Great Again
>>
>>687983774
missing the point
>>
>>687983688
lol I'm 2/3 way through an economics degree
>>
>>687974001
Germany already has a plan for it the UK leaves, we buy 40% of their cars
>>
File: received_289973531337315.jpg (60 KB, 625x516) Image search: [Google]
received_289973531337315.jpg
60 KB, 625x516
>>687983249
THIS
>>
>>687983434
It's not that the EU is going to do anything about it. The overhead of taxes, both for the UK to import from the EU, and for the EU to import from the UK will take care of that.

Unless, of course, they strike another economic deal with the EU, which will most likely come with the requirement of free trade and free transit of people. Which is actually what the leave campaign seems to not want.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySuk6jE6kJc
>>
File: 1464704786330.gif (796 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1464704786330.gif
796 KB, 320x286
>>687983969
its obviously not working out for you
>>
Are they going to stop buying our engines for the Eurofighter if we leave the EU?
>>
>>687983947
ignoring the point
I'm genuinely not as pro eu as my posts have suggested but as of yet neither 4chan or boris have given an argument I can get on board with
>>
>>687984061
ridiculous
>>
>>687984061
Why must free trade include open borders as well? What is with that?
>>
>>687984205
then you are clearly beyond help and shouldn't vote.
come on son, you are better than this
>>
>>687984205
Try Nigel
>>
>>687984205
try /pol/
b is full of cretins
>>
>>687983331
If you look at it when we joined we we're exporting something like 70% but regulations from Europe took that away and Germany bought up our manufacturing and now we buy cars from them instead of the other way around it was an elaborate ruse
>>
>>687984061
Free trade is a bonus for both the UK and the EU. What the UK want is to be able to run their own affairs. They want parliamentary sovereignty. I think the UK will happily give up a bit of money in trades over spending a lot more money in EU memberships taxes, as well as housing immigrants flooding in from Europe.

If we leave, what it will come down to is the UK will remain rigid with controlling migration. And it will be up to the EU if they want to trade freely with us or not. That will be the choice that they'll be given. They can choose to spend more money or less money. I think the latter may be chosen.
>>
>>687966744
I want to leave the EU althoughs tuff like house prices etc would drop. Would kinda be a bit of a blow for me having just dropped 200k on a house.

Anything to keep those migrants out though. Won't happen in my generation or another 3-4 to come but one day everyone in the UK will be half cast due to faaaar too much race mixing. I'm glad i'll be dead before this world turns Muslim because either way, it's not if it happens its WHEN it happens.
>>
>>687983037
Op here
Very well said props to you my friend
>>
>>687984327
t h i s
h
i
s
>>
>>687982401

There is a revenue UK exports mainly to EU countries. You may say it it because it is cheaper to export when there are no tariffs, but can you point to a source which says you would be able to make the same revenue exporting to this "world market" fi you weren't impacted by EU policies for outside export? I doubt it. If you have high value add products, developed countries are much more likely to buy them as opposed to the rest of the world (most of which is poorer and farther thus higher transportation costs).
>>
>>687966744
Go away from EU, monarchical profiteer
>>
>>687983069

> the EU army is bad idea and the UK leaving will undermine those plans

That's a very childish attitude. I don't like something in oherwise a generally profitable agreement, so I am going to leave / threaten leaving. Do you do the same with your job or relationships? Isn't it more sensible to try to change it?
>>
>>687984272
See the case of Switzerland. They don't have that many economic benefits with the EU, and it still costs them some degree of free transit for people.
>>
>>687979320
Financially better off? Paying £20bn for migrants to come and displace British workers out of jobs and send their wages home out of our economy?

Your use of spelling, punctuation and grammar demonstrates your dim witted ineptitude you faggot
>>
>>687979320
Also cigarettes used to be cheaper until the EU came along! Fucking dumbass, clearly you're too young to know better
>>
File: her_majesty_executing_traitors.jpg (29 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
her_majesty_executing_traitors.jpg
29 KB, 600x375
>>687983488
I truely hope those days are behind us there is no ill will or animosity toward germany in England anymore or to any other country in europe. We still make jokes about the French though :p
>>
>>687984726
Considering it was hidden from the public for years, and now the plans are drawing near to a close, and all the the Members of the European Parliament are unelected, and consequently unrepresentative. It's not an option to try to change it.
>>
>>687984540
its so fucking simple.
currently our government is beyond irrelevant.
the world is bigger than the EU and more competitive.
if you enjoy the fact that there are different countries and cultures and wish to protect this to a certain degree then what you are saying is so insignificant that it hurts.
there are bigger issues at work here, can you honestly not see that?
we will still be able to trade with the EU AND THE REST OF PLANET FUCKING EARTH whats so hard to understand here?

london school of economics had predicted an 8% drop in THE COST OF LIVE from DAY ONE

are you English friend? if so, fucking hang your head in shame (once you have manage to retrieve it from the sand of course)
>>
If you leave now, from what I've heard at least, being an Amerifag, is that the Torries will institute a "British Constitution" that essentially removes all civil rights from non-straight people with more to possibly come, legalizes the snoopers charter, and apparently indentured servitude
>>
>>687983331

> cheap imported goods and labour

Yeah, are all of you leave supporters happy to take the toilet cleaning and generally shitty jobs once they leave? Aren't they doing shitty jobs for shit pay exactly because Brits don't wont to? So many british people are on unemployment support because they can afford to be. So what happens if you can no longer make use of the cheap immigrant labour them? The jobs will still be shitty, the employers will have to pay more which may mean prices will increase or they will hire less people. Good luck with that.
>>
>>687984735
this
>>
>>687979439
>cost of living drops by 8% on day one you poor blind bastard

ITT: made up statistics
>>
>>687985021
no chance because now they will be accountable to the people or atleast we will be working towards this.

very important
>>
>>687985119
>london school of economics
trumps your fucking bfec wouldn't you agree
>>
File: memes.gif (327 KB, 834x870) Image search: [Google]
memes.gif
327 KB, 834x870
>pay bills
>get immigrants
You guys will be better off without the EU, like Norway and Switzerland, look what the EU has done to your country, its a shitskin mess.

I hope my country will follow (Denmark)
>>
>>687980502
>"Brit Rebate" where they are saving billions
even with the rebate Britain's net contribution is still billions of pounds. I don't know why Germans in particular seem to get their panties in a bunch over the rebate - they seem to go on and on about it. I wonder how many Germans think the UK is actually a net recipient of money from the EU.

And why do you think the EU gave Britain the rebate in the first place? It wasn't because they wanted to be nice, that's for damn sure.
>>
American here. I don't know much about the issue (surprise!), and have heard conflicting justifications for leaving and staying. I say do what is ultimately best for ethnic English. My gut tells me you guys should exit, as I don't trust centralized government - they have demonstrated time and time again their allegiance is not with the native people of the land.
>>
>>687985119
why not?
source please
>>
>>687984914

How is European Parliament unelected. I am pretty sure I have voted in the elections in my country. You not giving a shit about the EU parliament elections doesn't mean they are unelected.
>>
>>687985021
Right well let me enlighten you. That is a scare tactic, and if they even tried to remove civil liberties, they would be immediately voted out of office. That is not in the best interest of a political party who wants to stay in power. They'll fuck their party over for the next 10-20 years.
>>
>>687984726
Power never yields power, why the fuck do you think the majority of English troops over seas are in Germany, asking people to hand over an army is never gunna happen.

When we got involved it wasn't the same as it is now and we have no hope of changing it, the only hope would be if multiple countries all left 1 after another they would have no choice but to reform
>>
>>687985364
exactly 10/10
wish you were here!
>>
>>687985420
they ARE unelected
99.9 % of people in england couldn't name one of them lol

41 0f 41 english proposals have not passed in the EU

c'mon dude
>>
File: 1430185982436.jpg (402 KB, 825x1195) Image search: [Google]
1430185982436.jpg
402 KB, 825x1195
'Murican here

The thought of a foreign entity undemocratiocally dictating my country's regulations, or ruled by a court whose decisions are than higher than the Supreme Court, whose 'justices' are all foreign except for one...

To have only a comparably small say in a parliament where my representatives can't even propose laws...

Fuck that, is what I'm saying.
>>
step back
>as if i care
>>
>>687985722

>undemocratiocally

Damn it
>>
>>687985420
The thing is we do care and have no say they are unelected. No one voted them in.
>>
>>687985016
If there are bigger issues at work than use them as an argument and don't bullshit with "world trade".

> government is beyond irrelevant

I come from a EU country and I am pretty sure the government isn't irrelevant. They still are still responsible for shitloads of policies and ther implementations. Even the EU rulings have a lot of freedom in how you implement them. This is a retarded argument.
>>
>>687985722
well said mate.
its like Mexico running the USA
i can't get my head around this thread
why is b/ so dangerously retarded?
>>
>>687984735
Bang
>>
>>687985873
its one of the main arguments for the leave campaign not something i have made up you literally fucking teenager.
OK?
>>
>>687983969
Lol and I know what completing a British degree involves:

95% free time to drink heavily and bum around doing fuck all with your life
4% studying useless filler interspersed with propaganda, none of which you wanted, opted for, or will find useful in your career
1% studying the subject you're actually paying 9 grand a year for, the content of which is very poor quality and often leaves you confused. Nowadays there is very little involvement with actually going into University, there may be a single lecture to go to every week, but students are neglected by their teachers and just slapped with a bit of work that can be easily completed within 3 days if treated like a full time job. Students literally spend their lives getting intoxicated and losing IQ points on tumblr
>>
>>687985873
LOL and you are staying in that EU country you cunt.
when brexit triumphs you aint going anywhere pal.
but mad or what?
>>
>>687986153
this
>>
>>687985686
Don't you have a fucking election to elect those people into the EU parliament? I am not from the UK but based on this http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/elections-and-voting/voting-systems/ you have a choice. If your party selects morons, you go march and protest until they change the decisions you deem shitty. Again this looks to me as if you didn't give a shit rather than them being unelected.

> 99.9 % of people in england couldn't name one of them lol

This just confirms my point you guys don't give a shit.

> 41 0f 41 english proposals have not passed in the EU

How many and which would you support? Can you name them?
>>
>>687984153
that would be good either way
>>
>>687986220
we give a shit now.
this is us 'giving a shit'

no i can't and that proves my point - who the fuck,
who the fuck is the EU to the common people?

u starting to get it yet?
>>
>>687984735
well don't give em transfers. if they dig potatoes it's fine and their own money they can burn anyway they like
>>
>>687986007

> its one of the main arguments for the leave campaign not something i have made up you literally fucking teenager.
OK?

Well it seems to me like you never bothered to check whether it's true. Just because people believe in it doesn't make it true. Don't you realize how stupid saying "it's one of the main argument so it must be true" sounds? Politicians lie, surprise! (You thought your's didn't).

>>687986157

Don't worry about me. I have been offered jobs in the UK, Germany or Netherlands and recently in the US. I am pretty sure if I find a job in the UK I could get Visa sponsorship even if you leave. I know the EU is fucking up in many areas, but the project has much potential and we should work towards fixing it rather than abandoning it.
>>
>>687984806
yea and light bulbs. even grotesk shit seems to be forgotten fast
>>
>>687983037
£20bil? Erm, UK net contribution was £8.5b last year. Nice made up stat.

We have a veto over Turkey's membership.

Foreign lorries can be inspected, but Tories slashed the budget so what do you expect?

Cheap goods are cheaper. I want cheaper stuff.

The only "British jobs" being undermined are jobs so basic a retard can do them.

>>687984205
Boris wants power. He knows a vote to leave will force Cameron out.
>>
>>687986646
And then you have those bright minds basing their vote on the debates.
>>
>>687986389

> u starting to get it yet?

Yeah I get it.

1. Do nothing and don't care about EU politics
2. Get angry nobody listens to you
3. Decide to leave

You are just entitled children. I thought there was some merit to the leave part, but I am surprised you are so retarded.
>>
>>687985372
Agreed I'm on the leave side but I'd like to see this 2
>>
>>687984374
Rose tinted specs? Exports declined because we were making shit. There's good reason why most of our manufacturing stopped.

Also, China.
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.