[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New York City is the best city in the whole fucking world.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 11
File: new-york-city.jpg (48 KB, 550x331) Image search: [Google]
new-york-city.jpg
48 KB, 550x331
New York City is the best city in the whole fucking world.

Prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
I think you'll find its London actually
>>
File: thumb_1180x440_5_1.jpg (199 KB, 1180x440) Image search: [Google]
thumb_1180x440_5_1.jpg
199 KB, 1180x440
New York? London? Have you guys heard of Rotterdam?
>>
you'll find out when EBT stops working & the social security checks no longer arrive.
>>
>>687634135
No, where's that?
>>
>cramped
>everyone trying to hustle you
>sometimes smells like literal shit
>expensive as fuck
It's not every part of NYC, but I don't see why anyone would want to live there. It's like living in a dirty apartment with 8.5 million roomates.
>>
>>687634279
In the Netherlands
>>
>>687634313
That's the best description of NYC I've ever read. One of the shittiest places on the planet.
>>
>>687634002
been there and no. the food is terrible, first of all. the kids are super annoying and your minorities lack the respect that has been driven into the ones in NYC.
>>
>>687633868
>New York City is the best city in the whole fucking world.

It's filthy
Too many niggers
Too many Puerto Ricans
Hell on Earth
>>
>>687633868
the thing is with new york its too new, a bit like all you newfags on here

London has buildings that are thousands of years old instead of like a couple of hundred
>>
>>687633868
It's the best place on earth until you get there.
>>
Forbidden City number one! No, not that one, the decoy we show you foreigners...the real one.
>>
>>687634135
went there, lots of industrial area, lots of ghetto and of course muslims.

I prefer Haarlem or Leiden, desu
>>
I almost got mugged in Bed Stuy 2 years ago. 10/10 would kek again.
>>
It's an interesting city, but not of my liking. It was more deteriorated and grimy than what I imagined. I prefer Tokyo.
>>
>>687634313
no only certain shitty parts are like that. the tourists sections get really worn out. they are easily avoided. learning about scams is part of your expanded adult education. you're welcome.

it's expensive for two reasons: 1) people actually really want to live here. obviously. and 2) you get paid a shit load more than you would anywhere else. assuming you're not a useless fuck making minimum wage.
>>
>>687634424
the food is terrible? the city if full of Micelin starred restaurants

you lot need Gordon Ramsay to tell you how to run yours FFS
>>
>>687634614
lol i avoid bed stuy but now you've made me want to check it out.
>>
>>687634393
I've been there plenty of times. It's nice to visit on occasion, but wears you out fast. I swear every time I go I'm a bit excited. But once I'm there for an hour, I can't wait to leave.

I have no clue how those knock-off costume character people haven't been banned from Times Square yet.
>>
>>687634662
that grime, which is only in certain areas, is part of its charm. tokyo is gleaming clean which only points to an OCD like aspect of the people.
>>
you mean Jew York?
>>
>>687634682
sure there are a few great 10/10 restaurants that are super expensive. but the average restaurant that you'd want to eat in if you spend longer than a few days there, suck.
>>
>>687634597
There are lots of muslims and ghetto anywhere you go in the the western europe.
>>
>>687634667
>learning about scams is part of your expanded adult education
I have never gotten scammed once. It's the people trying to do it that are annoying. Maybe your tax-paid police force should do something about them sometime.

>you get paid a shit load more than you would anywhere else
Why would you go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
>>687633868
New York? Do you perhaps by any chance mean New Amsterdam?

Goddamn. We Dutch are so awesome. Just another thing you can thank us for.
>>
>>687634770
you need to start changing your trip style. forget about times square. i only go there when i absolutely have to. it's the worst part of NYC.
>>
File: Malibu-Point[4].jpg (1 MB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
Malibu-Point[4].jpg
1 MB, 1024x680
>>687633868
I sort of agree if you like four season weather and a walkable city, but if you hate the cold and like to surf LA is better. NYC rules as in food and pretty model girls walking around, in LA the pretty girls are hidden in cars going from job to job.
>>
>>687633868
It smells like piss everywhere.
Also, Boston rules.
>>
>>687634743
I live nowhere near there, but it was partially my fault. Trying to head home drunk at around 2am from a friend's place is liking asking to be robbed.
>>
>>687634989
no lies. it's all true. my job in NYC is at least, minimum starting salaries, 40k more than anywhere else in the US.
>>
>>687634424
I've never been to london, but the idea that their niggers are worse than NYC is too far fetched to believe.
>>
>>687634798
It's not only about the dirt. Everyone in New York is rude, they taxi drivers don't wait for you to get out of the planes gate to nag you for taxi rides. I prefer Buenos Aires and Madrid over NY.
>>
>>687635079
yeah being drunk elevates you to the status of potential victim. usually there are a ton of easier marks out there so you don't have to worry.
>>
>>687633868
You're right
>>
>>687634901
ive been all over the states including new York and its mostly just chains of restaurants the same wherever you go

we have a much wider variety and more privately owned that arent franchised

we cook things fresh

all you yanks eat is junk food
>>
>>687635112
Now juxtapose that with the cost of living in NYC vs other cities.
>>
>>687634002
London isn't even the best city in the UK.
>>
>>687634135
Very nice quiet one
>>
>>687635142
the rudeness is part of what i love about the city. i never have to walk on eggshells with people around here.
>>
>>687635266
Dubs of truth
>>
>>687634994
And getting you date to buy their own damn meal. "Going Dutch."
>>
>>687635230
no way. there's no way you've been to NYC is you think it's all chain restaurants. bullshit. or you've just stayed in times square.

most other parts of the US, yes, all chains. but no way can you believe that about NYC
>>
>>687633868
Reeks of piss and dead fish. Houses the most degenerate leftists on the east coast. Fucks up the constitutional rights of the rest of the gun loving state. Fall into the ocean already. Fuck you fuck Bloomberg and fuck NYC
>>
it seems a little expensive, but i need it in my ass
>>
1 cant own a firearm
2 get mugged
3 31 different genders and counting
4 taxes
>>
Shit is the best flavor of ice cream in the whole fucking world.

Prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
>>687635240
the cost of living is high because you get paid more and people want to live here. similar cities, like san fran, have a similar high cost of living.

when people want to live somewhere, i.e. the city is better, the cost to live there increases.
>>
>>687635266
really enlighten me ive been to every city in the uk and none of them come any where near
>>
>>687635266
well what is? i'll go there next time.

i liked edinburgh. fun city, only stayed there for a few days though.

belfast was miserable.
>>
>>687633868
Fuck you OP. NYC is such a fucking shit hole there are people in every other city from there. Yet remain so very proud of a place too shitty for them to live in. If NYC is so great, why won't they move back?
>>
just saying...
>>
>>687633868
literal garbage heap. place smells like dog piss and spoiled milk, and for >$2000/mo easy for a broom closet-sized studio apartment, not worth it
>>
>>687634393
Paris had literal dog shit in the streets and San Fransisco has a problem with a certain group of people shitting in the streets.
>>
>>687635293
I respect your opinion. But in Madrid people can be rude, but with a certain warmth, I find New Yorkers more cold and grumpy. Still, is one of the best cities in the USA, but besides Boston I have been underwhelmed with the rest of them.
>>
>>687635412
yes! that's another great thing abut NYC, fuckheads like you are afraid to set foot in it. you know you'll get your ass kicked.
>>
Copenhagen is a million times better,and doesnt smell like a weeks old pot of piss
>>
File: Chicago.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2433) Image search: [Google]
Chicago.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2433
>>687634518
older doesn't mean anything, really, and London is fucking boring with respect to its overall size. it peaked in the early/mid90s, and it's been downhill since

Chicago, NYC, and Berlin are all better cities.

Midwest expat represent
>>
>>687634135
>Rotterdam
neger wat?
literally the worst city in this country
>>
>>687635625
many people just can't make it in NYC. that's part of what's great about it. it's a big weeding out process here. but if you survive, you're pretty much top of your game in whatever you do.
>>
>>687635500
Considering taxes, New York $ = 42 cents.
>>
>>687635658
yes paris was a shit hole. and hte fucking gypsies are worse than any minority in the US.
>>
>>687635778
chicago is cool, but it's a goddamn warzone these days
>>
>>687635778
berlin is pretty great too, i agree. nyc and berlin are the only two places i would live right now.
>>
>>687635852
come on. that's silly.
>>
>>687635064
>Boston
as a Celtics fan not from Boston, that city is tame and the traffic makes me want to kill people.
not that most cities of reputable size have decent traffic flow.
>>
>>687635703
Right because getting knocked out by roaming packs of niggers is so noble. Come out to the sticks and I'll show you what Deliverance was about
>>
>>687635703
Guess that makes Detroit the best city in America.
>>
>>687633868
tourist faggot
>>687634002
tourist faggot
>>
>>687636064
been here for over a decade never had a single problem with any minorities.

you're a scared little pussy and that's it.
>>
Many parts of midtown are falling apart, and those buildings are not even 100 years old yet. The road is very worn out. But it can be argued that the place still has some charm. Best city in the USA? Maybe...
>>
>>687635910
so then don't go to South Chicago. it's pretty goddamn safe outside of there. I lived in Pilsen for 2 years in college and it was largely uneventful (I'm white, too.) Stayed in a room in that neighborhood for Pitchfork, was quiet as fuck.
>>
>>687634901
Try Takashi on Hudson
>>
>>687633868
New York is good for a 3 day visit, but then you get the fuck out. From what I've seen, there are three types of people in NYC: the people who are born there and are totally fucking retarded because they think NYC is the world. The hipsters who moved there after college and think they are the shit because they now live in NYC, and poor immigrants who don't speak english and stay in their little quarters of the city where natives never go. The whole city is dirty, clogged with irritable people or tourists, and everything is way too expensive.
>>
>>687635852
Nope. Based on cost of living and quality of life.

But please - stay where you are.
>>
>>687636055
I in no way, shape, or form would even dream about arguing the traffic here. We are all aggressive mental cases. Myself included.
come to think of it, I can't argue it being a bit tame, as the bars close at 2 and the fucking Trains close at like 1 AM lol.
>>
>>687636362
it's expsenive because people want to live here and you make a lot more money here. which conveniently you'v left uot of the equation: techies, artists, musicians, enterprenours/small business owners and the shithead banker types.
>>
File: 740full-jessica-perez[1].jpg (213 KB, 693x1040) Image search: [Google]
740full-jessica-perez[1].jpg
213 KB, 693x1040
My friend had a one night stand with this Costa Rican SI model Jessica Perez. She is a C List model, cute, but nit super hot. Good lay, but she would not take finger in ass. She lives in Williamsburg if you are in the area.
>>
>>687636540
i live in williamsburg. i will keep an eye out for her ha ha
>>
>>687636055
Stop moving to San Diego, every hates you greasy fucks. You guys are right up there with the military Rednecks on the shit tier scale.
>>
>>687636362
accurate as fuck, except I hang out with hipsters and have been accused of being one. being hipster is mostly dead anyway
>>
>>687636510
Does the higher salary compensate the higher cost. I heard taxes are very high there. The weather is not nice, and you can't change that with urban planning.
>>
>>687636510
writers, scam artists, hangers on, assistants, low level actors doing television/commercial work, bartenders (fuck of a lot of money), prostitutes, rent boys, trust fund shits, investment people....

we have it all in NYC
>>
File: Untitled.png (81 KB, 959x621) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
81 KB, 959x621
>>687636713
who the fuck are you talking to? I'm from Indiana, and grew up a Celtics fan because Larry Bird is a hero in those parts. I live in fucking Leipzig, Germany now you raging faggot
>>
>>687636879
You forgot Dominicans playing loud music at 3:00am types ;)
>>
>>687636510
Sorry I didn't include everyone that lives in that urban filth-hole, although I would argue that musicians and artists kind of fall into the hipster category. I do regret that I left out the smug retards in the financial sector because they are another huge mark against the city, and my experience is that everyone not in finance hates them with a passion. As far as getting paid more, ok, but when 60-70k a year gets you an apartment where your bed is in the kitchen I don't think you can argue that the increased income really comes with an increase in quality of life. Look, I'm not going to judge you if you like living in a big city, but I can't agree with OP's assertion that NYC is the best city in the world.
>>
>>687636931
Kraut!!!
>>
>>687636807
rent is getting higher and higher. when i first got here i was getting paid 40k more per year than anywhere else in the US and my rent was about 10k more per year.

it's hard for me to say now. i don't have a traditional salary any more. i own my own business and my money fluctuates. but i woudln't be able to even do this business in many other places really.

for the most part we have real seasons in NY. some people like that, like me, and some people want hot all the time. i lived in florida for a few years and hated it. i like the winter and the spring that follows it.

and the women start really classing up once the spring gets in full swing. this is the best time of the year right now.
>>
>>687637026
yes, in certain areas. where i live now, minorities, true minorities (ones that don't make much money), have been driven away due to higher rent costs.
>>
>>687635293
>>687634798
So you're going to rationalize away all the shitty parts

that's why no one can prove you wrong: you're delusional.

NYC is an ok city for a while. But it IS dirty, it DOES smell like piss and shit, it IS overly expensive and its inhabitants are rude and generally think too highly of themselves.

Now please do go back to see the world through your delusional glasses.
>>
File: cropped-sheffield_skyline.png (479 KB, 979x174) Image search: [Google]
cropped-sheffield_skyline.png
479 KB, 979x174
Sheffield and South Yorkshire.
The perfect mix of urban and rural. Would not choose anywhere else
>>
>>687637073
yes those assholes are pretty shitty with their cheap coke. they seem relagted to certain areas in wall street and midtown. when they wander into a bar in, say, the lower east side, they get laughed at pretty regularly.
>>
>>687637357
> think too highly of themselves.

they're the best people from the little shit holes around the country that they escaped from. they have a right to think highly of themselves because they are. and they get paid better because of it.
>>
>>687637437
The sad part is that you have to live in England and they force feed you pudding there.
>>
>>687637563
As I said, you don't care about what's true, you only care about your silly idealized version of reality

No point discussing actual reality with you then
>>
>>687637437
alright, i will check it out next time i visit. i will still spend a few weeks in london, use it as my base, but i will check it out.
>>
This
>>
>>687637563
>all NYC citizens are well paid and hard working people

Max kek fam
>>
>>687637563
I'm confused a bit, you mention a lot payment. But since the cost of living is also high, salaries can be relative. If all places in the world had the same cost and salaries. Would you still rate NY as highly?
>>
>>687637670
yes it's more expensive, yes people are rude. yes some areas are very dirty. some of the worst people are around in some areas too - the idiots from the rest of the country who visit, the tourists are bad, for example.

yes the living space is small for you money. we don't spend a lot of time in our apartments though. there's always great shit going on all across the city. usually 3 times a week i get free dinners at events i go to.

yes you have to deal with people from all over the world.

either you care deeply about that shit or you don't. i either like that or don't give a fuck about it.

it costs more because people want to live here thouguh. there's no way around that i'm afraid. every city where people want to live will be expensive. it's how it works.
>>
>>687637968
i tolerate the high cost of living because i love living in the city. the col is offset a bit because i get paid so much more here than anywhere else (besides san fran) in the US.

so yeah, it's not about the money for me.
>>
>>687637563
that's only partial true. Big cities do attract the best, but they also attract the most hopeless and self-deluded.
>>
>>687637784
no, only the people with actual marketable skills. just like anywhere in this country. if you have a marketable skill you will easily move up. that is the essence of the american dream.
>>
>>687638189
yes, you're right. and nyc shits them out quicker than most other places.
>>
>>687637773
yeah ha ha there are some giant rats. it freaked me out at first. some of the biggest rats i've ever seen were in berlin though. things looked like fucking small dogs.
>>
>>687635435
>>
>>687638133
Is good that you live in a place you like.

My opinion is, There a lots of cities in the world, some that one might have never visited. How can anyone say, objectively, that one city is better than another.

So OP is right, as far as OP is concerned.
>>
>>687638189
And that's what makes it interesting. 10 white farmers, a town whore, and "that injun gas station guy" do not make for an exciting environment.
>>
>>687633868
Posting from NYC now. OP is right. I live in the East Village and the quality of everything in the area is just fantastic, from food to entertainment to hot women. The only trouble is you can't be poor. But if you're poor you suck really badly. Anyone who says they hate NYC is really just poor. Heading to the Met in a few hours. Wish me a good time!
>>
>>687635435
never had a problem with mugging. i think if you're dumb and start whipping shit out you will have a problem. i never have.

i'm glad shitheads like you can't own firearms in this city.

why would you give a fuck about gender? there are so many 100% women here and it's so fucking easy to meet them and there are so many events that women just flock to so you can easily find them, why worry about some transgender person?

taxes are meaningless. if everyone gets taxed the same, it gets subverted into the standard cost of living.
>>
>>687638625
Yeah been working in Brooklyn and Manhattan(harlem)so you know it pretty bad, never seen rats of that caliber. hands down the worst part of NY w114th st lol
>>
>>687634424
The food is amazing -- definitely one of the food capitals of the world. And it's not just all the Michelin-starred restaurants. It's stuff like the quality at the Union Square market, or outdoor food places like Smorgasburg, or the good food trucks, or even the $1 pizza. There are dumpy tourist trap places around Times Square, but these exist just to relieve stupid tourists of their unneeded money and to subsidize life for the rest of the city.
>>
I actually can't
>>
>>687633868
Here's an idea
>live in ocean
you get to see pretty fishies
nobody will disturb you
no noise complaints since you can't hear anything
comfortable, whole ocean is bed
weightless
whole room is fish tank
sure, you might not be able to breathe, but it's a small price to pay.
>>
>>687639155
smorgasbourg is amazing, you're right. it's a real gem of the city imo

the food is so good. and cheap if you know where to look. there is some top quality southern indian food for like $3 meals around. the cab drivers eat there.
>>
>>687638990
Any chance you are fucking girls like this >>>>687636540
>>
False just a bunch of tall buildings too expensive to buy anything from and gift shops with ny hats and key chains and the pizza I could get better pizza from papa johns
>>
File: poldertoren.jpg (15 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
poldertoren.jpg
15 KB, 250x309
Emmeloord up in this bitch,
World potato city
>>
>>687639324
women who look like her are all over the city. low level models are hanging out all over the place, eating their tiny salads.
>>
>>687633868
Rio deJaneiro
>>
>>687638699
granted, but most people don't live in places like that anymore. People in big cities like to talk about all the stuff they have access to, but day-to-day most people don't really venture far from a 2 blocks from where they live anyway. They shop at the same stores, eat at the same restaurants, and talk to the same people. Only rarely do they seem to take advantage of the opportunities of the big city, like concerts or whatever. It doesn't matter where you are, you slip into a routine, and I just don't feel like the hassles of the big city are worth the diversity and excitement. That's just me though.
>>
>>687639343
stay out of times square. you'll enjoy the city a lot more. in fact, don't go to midtown at all next time you visit. anywhere that has a fucking gift shop should be avoided.
>>
>>687633868
Too many niggers, jews, mudslimes, and italians.

Proven wrong.
>>
>>687634002
Nope, when I go to NYC, it's definitely NYC.
>>
>>687639449
there's so much going on, and it changes so much, that i don't feel like that's true of NYC. every single band ends up playing here, for example. even if they hardly play anywhere else in the country.
>>
"Oy vey! Enjoy your one bedroom, no bathroom or kitchen apartment for $1,200 a month with no utilities included goy!"

This is why its the worst city imo
>>
File: IMG_20160525_172114.jpg (398 KB, 1340x1005) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160525_172114.jpg
398 KB, 1340x1005
>>687635778
>Chicago
That is a nice city but I love NYC was just there last week. Had great time people very friendly, went to the Met Museum of Art and a Yankee game.

Pic related, got room a the Viceroy
>>
>>687639724
you're right, the apartments are small. i have a one bedroom with a bathroom and kitchen of course, but it's a few hundred more than that. water's included but that's it.

it's so expensive though because people want to live here. 25 years ago when the city was a real shit hole (which is why some people still thinks it is), the rent was actually pretty cheap.
>>
>>687639324
Actually, tbh NYC is a men's playground. There's an oversupply of attractive women who are models, dancers, creative industry types, and an undersupply of decent money who aren't douchey finance or IT bros. The result is that I often get to date above my level. Craigslist is remarkably effective in NYC too. I've had more sex and better sex here than any other city I've lived in. It makes me biased towards NYC.
>>
>>687639305
yeah, just follow the cab drivers and see where they eat. They know what's up. I'm a fan of the Halal food carts in the East Village too.
>>
>>687639621
it sounds like you are getting the most out of it, which is good. Most of my old college friends that ended up there just seem to be living the same life as me, just with occasional sunday visits to some boutique cafe. They make 50% more than I do and can't afford a car, and live in apartments that would fit snugly into my back yard. Not for me, but to each their own. That being said, I lived in Vienna for several years and found that city to be far more appealing than NYC. All of the benefits, with most of the negatives scaled down quite a bit, and much cleaner.
>>
>>687639873
close to the park, nice.

people really have become more friendly since i moved here. they'll still fucking yell at you if you're blocking the sidewalk but now they'll also help you if you're lost.
>>
>>687640002
one of my favorites is the punjab place on avenue A and houston. bunch of sikhs running it. nicest people in the city probabljy
>>
>>687640064
a card is hard here, and kind of dumb. there's no need for a car, which is another love/hate type of thing. i don't give a fuck abuot cars. but if i had to have one, i'd have to pay to keep it somwehre so i dont' have to fucking move it all the time. luckily unless you live way in the boondocks you absolutely do not need a car here.
>>
>>687639724
It's a city for people who don't like just hiding in their apartment. You spend a bit of money to visit your favorite cafe, favorite bars, favorite parks, favorite museums. It gets you out of your isolating little box and forces you to connect with other people. It's not for basement dwelling introverts, but honestly most people's homes aren't very nice and it's more fun to get to visit places like Grand Central or the New York Public Library or the latest Frank Gehry building.
>>
>>687640354
yeah,exactly. sitting in a place like battery park on a nice day is infinitely better than staying in your own head in your apartment all day long.
>>
>>687640182
Thanks for the tip! I'll check out that one. Mamoun's is reliable too. I like the dosa cart in Washington Square Park too. There's no doubt that it's a great food city.
>>
>>687640333
I really meant more that they couldn't afford a car if they wanted/needed one, but yeah, the people who own a car in NYC tend to have a really good reason or are just really wealthy. Everyone else has no reason, and it's not just the car you have to pay for, but the parking and so on.
>>
>>687640519
it's no frills. you get the food you either stand up and eat it or you take it out and walk on the streets. it's southern indian so it's vegetarian but it's cheap.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.