[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nihilism thread. Let's discuss how pathetic and insignificant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 193x262) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 193x262
Nihilism thread. Let's discuss how pathetic and insignificant our existence is.
>>
Nihilist only see accept purposelessness because they lack creativity and vision.
>>
>>687618793

Grammatical fuck up, but my statement still stands.
>>
>>687618793
lel
>>
>>687618793
What makes you say that? Human beings have no purpose, like everything else in the Universe. People fool themselves into thinking they have a purpose with religion and philosophy because they fear their insignificance and the inevitability of their death.
>>
I sometimes get a semi boner when I look at my sister's feet
>>
>>687618844
No amount of creativity can invent what isn't there.
>>
>>687618948
pics so we can too
>>
>>687618940

You make purpose for yourself.
>>
Positive nihilist reporting in. No meaning, but that's not a bad thing. No afterlife, no reassurance, but life is still pretty enjoyable if you do it right.
>>
>>687619050
Yep. We just shouldn't delude ourselves into thinking we are important.
>>
>>687618793
No. Even if you create something new, useful, beautiful etc. it still means nothing. Because everything will disappear anyway, one day Earth will explode etc. Ah yes, I would forget, there is no God, no afterlife, let's do amazing things for sole purpose of fun and games. Death is inevitable, but fuck it.
>>
Nihilism it's only the first stage of Nietzsche's philosophy
In fact he goes agaist the fatalism of men surrending to their fate and doing nothing in their lives
>>
>>687618676

i hate the movie "ferris bueller's day off".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsNqxpuve74

i just paused the movie right after the stupid fucking gallery scene and went to play one of my mixes for myself because i'm drunk and wasted and i saw this post here and i thought i'd share it. i can settle for this until i get blurry. i made it myself. the hardware and tracklist is in there.
>>
>>687618948
the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>687619227
literally no one in the universe cares
>>
>>687619168

Nihilists only annoy me because they talk about nihilism and let it consume them.

Technically you are right, but upon realizing that, life becomes infinitely more fascinating and beautiful.

Life then achieves meaning, and that is the pursuit of happiness.
>>
>>687619050
Another positive nihilist here, always strived for whatever I god damn want with nerves or without cause fuck it. If we are going to die like little faggots clutching our chest as our hearts give out we may as well enjoy the fuck out of what little insignificant life we have left.
>>
>>687618955
Beautiful comment, but don't diminish the fact, that not knowing if something is or isn't there equals to I'm sure that there is no meaning.

Faith and Atheism are equally absurd, it is just another step in the dunning kruger staircase
>>
>>687619456
I'll partially agree with you. I think issues come from doubt about nihilism more than nihilism itself, and from fearful misrepresentations of it. Once you're pretty sure about it you can begin to see how belief systems get in the way of clear thinking and create more problems than they solve.

On the other hand we do have the capacity to create 'meaning' to a certain extent as an act of rebellion against our futile condition. But such attempts have to be constantly reasserted, and ultimately fail. They stand only so far as we are simultaneously aware of the contradiction.
>>
>>687618676
What's the point.
>>
>>687619621
Embrace the void faithfully because you have no choice.
>>
>>687619621
Atheism is not absurd, but I'm not necessarily talking about God here. When I recognize that life itself is absurd, that the notion of meaning is unfounded and stands in contradiction with itself, then I know that it is forever beyond my reach, and I don't need faith to tell me this. The only thing that it is left is to determine how to live beyond it.
>>
>>687620018
atheism can extrapolate to any philosophical perspective, look behind my words, didn't refer to atheism in a theological perspective but in the nature of the abstract term, the opposite of faith, call it God, call it meaning of life
>>
>>687620018
I'd like you to elaborate this:
>When I recognize that life itself is absurd, that the notion of meaning is unfounded and stands in contradiction with itself
>>
>>687618676
Everything is relevant.
We are insignificant relevant to what? Universe and eternity? Of course. So what?
We are fairly significant relevant to everything we can find on the surface of our planet.
>>
Life has no purpose. When you die nothing happens, it's the same as things were before you were born. The Universe existed for billions of years before you did, and will continue to exist for billions of years after you. You are one seven-billionth of a meager society that clings to a tiny little blue rock around a medium sized star in a secluded corner of a massive galaxy that exists as a drop of water in the ocean when compared to the rest of the Universe. We aren't even a footnote in the history of the Universe. People claim that God exists just so they can feel more important and avoid the inevitability of death, which we are programmed to fear. I hate it when people delude themselves in order to feel good. We need to look at life realistically and make the most of our tiny pointless existence rather than fool ourselves into restricting our lives for the sake of religious doctrines.
>>
>>687618676
So, have you guys heard of absurdism? It's like nihilism, but not giving a fuck and doing whatever you fucking want, fuck this meaningless universe.
>>
File: cunt divine rest bullsshit.gif (5 KB, 361x168) Image search: [Google]
cunt divine rest bullsshit.gif
5 KB, 361x168
find joy try to keep it seperate from sarcastic irony - bitter ressentiment.

worship her female divine cunt as a projection of your male want (or praxeology.human action by ludwig von mises 19th century classical austrian economist)

make like about the journey and seek objective absolutes

don't placate to weakness or weakness will placate to you

cognitive dissonance breeds ressentience

physical exercise can clear pineal gland fog.

the world WILL FUCK YOU UP, not even on purpose; from chaos, order.

talk shit get hit, universe, karma, you may not realise it, you may not hold that much relevence, thus being incapable of a greater degree of the knowledge & ignorance dichotomy
>>
>>687620018
>then I know that it is forever beyond my reach, and I don't need faith to tell me this
The problem with nihilism, is that there is faith intrinsically to every human whom is alive and listening, if life doesn't make sense, why do you listen to me?

There is another question that I'm not sure many people will understand, but I wrote in an essay in a related topic:

How do you validate logic without logic? The process of accepting the validity of what your logic tells your is the first form of faith, because it can't be validated without faithful acceptance.
>>
Nietzsche wasn't a nihilist you dumb fuck. He tried to prove that our existence has purpose without looking for any justification. Also the universe isn't real in any way so none of this matters
>>
>>687620540
lifes a secular existence restrained to physical forces thus deterministically playing itself out in a game of momentum, pushes & pulls?

it does seem meaningless but there are patterns example the condusiveness of peace to prosperity, gains, and progress. axioms of self ownership, and property rights, the calculation of differences, the relative valuement and scalings of all things, to ones self (interesT).
>>
>>687620228
My response was sufficiently broad to encompass this, I merely felt it was necessarily to clarify.
>>687620291
I'd really have to recommend reading some Camus. There are some passages in the Myth of Sisyphus that really drive this home. I think it is something largely to be subjectively reconciled through a constant overturning of perspectives throughout a lifetime of this kind of seeking emptiness. I will respond again if I think of a better way to frame it.

But, if we ask the question, 'what is the meaning of life' I'd say that we're not asking a question that makes any sense. That our reason has created a situation without a strong connection to reality. That we really ought to be asking something else, if we should be asking anything at all. Been a long time since I've dug into this perspective sorry that this is so vague.

In an epistemological sense, it's turtles all the way down. Knowledge is very difficult if not impossible to ultimately ground.

I will always feel a stranger in this world and in my own skin, and that's just the way it is.
>>
File: 1391475182-wat-7.jpg (19 KB, 567x567) Image search: [Google]
1391475182-wat-7.jpg
19 KB, 567x567
>>687620709
>the universe isn't real in any way
>>
>>687620712
You can't prove any of that, I'm sorry but you can't.

You will only be able to validate or invalidate our own existence in the moment you know everything of the universe, thus accepting the fact that such thing is possible, until then there is no valid answer but trying to reach that point. So I just proved that the meaning of life for us, is to prove is such thing exists.
>>
>>687620780
Thanks, looks interesting, will look into that for my Europe trip this summer.
>>
File: image.png (539 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
539 KB, 1000x1500
1/2
>>
>>687620540
I see where you're coming from but nonetheless some things are a permanent facet of my reality, even if I can't have a secure hold on the objective. When I talk about absurdism, it only makes sense ( or doesn't, given the subject matter =p) at the point where my internal world and reality converge.
>>
>>687621030
well i can. by semantical definition. and aneqdotal eveidence consistant for fucking any amount or period of time of human history. and issac newton says fuck you.
>>
File: image.png (445 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
445 KB, 1000x1500
>>687621195
2/2
>>
>>687621030
Oh yeah give a round of applause.

ITT: dipshits and morons discuss things that make them feel smart.

*high five
Sick bruh
>>
>>687621346
Wat?
>>
>>687618676
>nihilism
>nietzsche
Pick one
>>
>>687621422
I'm genuinely interested in the topic, and I'm not the only one.

Stop projecting your inferiority complex.
>>
>>687621589
>>687620709
samefag?
>>
>>687621461
>
the most meaningless of lives is one behind a screen

this isnt interaction nor communication its a beguiling deceitful trick. its loneliness.
>>
>>687621422
The fact that it makes you feel stupid, doesn't mean I talk about this for that reason, you egocentric subhuman.
>>
Nihilism is fucking pointless
>>
>>687621685
Not gonna answer in a pedantic way, but this is not a discussion about me, focus on the arguments, I know I'm irrelevant in a cosmic perspective, I accept it.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 470x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 470x595
>feeling the need to label your self with any -ism's, or -ist's
>>
>>687621818
what a fork bomb for my brain, this is so funny
>>
>>687621938
not just the cosmos but mine
>>
>>687622090
Well, same applies in the opposite direction.
>>
>>687620712
unified collective calculation of the differences of want being waht is, what is desirable, time will march but free will is in what direction, u can bend the string no matter how persistant the illusion of determinence.

i could literally sit and face roll across the keyboard and come with an asimilar arguement to my want just as i could throw my computer against the wall again likewise to what i really want. the calculation of differences. someone else being up at the expense of another, me, being down. thats anger. thats control. thats boredom once the point of redundancy

and you are...

so badly..

a walking dsm..

autism
psychosis
schizophrenia
egocentrism
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 287x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 287x300
>>687619685
There is none, it's a circle jerk of self proclaimed intellectuals babbling about nothingness. Better conversations could be had with a sea sponge.
>>
>>687622292
implying all cases causatively or just this particular one ebcause either way i dont care and no it doesnt

ur not me

ur implying u are me

for it to go both ways.. "opposite direction"

ur mentally ill... theres a huge field on the discernment and identification of this.. you have egocentrism...

from here there are several solutions mines more resonate to the final one :) eternal
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 320x272
>>687622000
fucked around and got a triple double
>>
File: depressing meta.jpg (103 KB, 473x600) Image search: [Google]
depressing meta.jpg
103 KB, 473x600
Why don't you just kill yourself if you're truly a nihilist then do it. You're just a bunch of fedora wearing edgelords who aren't using their intelligence to any fucking use. We've gone from single celled organisms to tadpoles to land walkers to apes to neanderthals and finally to homosapiens. Now we are self aware of our existence in the universe and all you fags can think about is how small you are compared to it. Well who gives a fuck what the universe thinks of you. If you don't like your current situation then do something about it instead of moping and whining to people who won't even understand what you're saying. You're a bunch of fucking chemicals that is acknowledging you're a bunch of fucking chemicals. That's great, now do your part in helping humanity transcend that so maybe one fucking day we can be worth more than we are now. If life has no meaning, fucking give it meaning. But hey it's your choice, if you want to wollow in your own existential crisis by all means go ahead. The rest of existence will carry on leaving you behind. Then and only fucking then would your state of being be complete and utterly worthless. Don't leave a mark on the earth, leave a fucking scar.
>>
>>687618793
>Implying that matters to a nihilist
>>
>>687623944
>implying anyone cares about nihilists
>>
>>687624054
>Implying
>>
>>687624083
>nihilists
>>
You retards aren't nihilists, you're fatalists.
>>
>>687624083
>OCD
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.