[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If God isn't real how do you explain the fine tuning of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 21
File: 1348065485800.jpg (114 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1348065485800.jpg
114 KB, 375x375
If God isn't real how do you explain the fine tuning of the universe? The chances of this universe coming into existence is a number that would probably crash the 4chan servers if it were represented into binary
>>
The holy Trinity Created the universe /Thread
>>
>>687614944
>>687615203

I'm a christian and even I have rebuttals for this stupidity.

Stop being stupid you're representing us every time you open your dumb mouth.
>>
>>687614944
i'll start believing in god as soon as you stop making these fucking threads
>>
>>687614944
>fine tuned

Okay.
>>
File: 1459131361628.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
1459131361628.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
lol If this universe was created on purpose it's a fucking shit-show.
>>
>>687615299
/Thread
>>
If god was real then why did he create anything outside of earth?
>>
>>687614944
Even if an event has 1 x 10^-99 % chance to happen but have an infinit amount of time, it will in fact have 100% chance to occur.
>>
>>687615299
Your not A Christian then , the Irony.
I repeat The Holy Trinity Created the Universe.
>>
>>687615430
For the Earth, to keep life as we know it functioning, For guilds/signs at night.
>>
>>687614944
The interesting thing about your picture is that you feel it's not "rewarding" enough. That it's not about faith, or love, or admiration for your god...it's about the shiny prizes in the end. Something kind of wrong with that, wouldn't you say?
>>
>>687615438
no you moron just no.
>>
>>687614944
The other universes that were not fine tuned crashed.
So we could only live in this one.
Until it crashes too.
>>
>>687616053
Yep, Purpose of Man is to know, love, and Serve God. If you don't fulfill that purpose you start to self destruct. Because Man's fallen nature is Self destructive.. Like a car if you don't use a car.. its breaks down and it's thrown in the Dump.
>>
>>687615349
It's only become a Shit-Show because of Satan.
>>
File: 1464435634680.jpg (47 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
1464435634680.jpg
47 KB, 638x638
>>687615203
>>
>>687616464
hahahahaha....no.. just no..
>>
>>687616282
And yet so many atheists manage to function just fine for their entire lives. Considering that fact, it's almost as if everything you said is 100% false...
>>
>>687616021
He could have done it differently.
He's god, he could have just created a universe where only the earth exists and it would have been fine.

>>687616282
That's a vast generalization.
There are religious people who go crazy and self destruct and there are non religious people who are fine.
>>
>>687616097
the fuck ?
>>
Life has no purpose. When you die nothing happens, it's the same as things were before you were born. The Universe existed for billions of years before you did, and will continue to exist for billions of years after you. You are one seven-billionth of a meager society that clings to a tiny little blue rock around a medium sized star in a secluded corner of a massive galaxy that exists as a drop of water in the ocean when compared to the rest of the Universe. We aren't even a footnote in the history of the Universe. People claim that God exists just so they can feel more important and avoid the inevitability of death, which we are programmed to fear. I hate it when people delude themselves in order to feel good. We need to look at life realistically and make the most of our tiny pointless existence rather than fool ourselves into restricting our lives for the sake of religious doctrines.
>>
>>687614944
Aliens created the universe
>>
>>687616445
If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shit. And I’d like to get as many of them out in the open as possible. You gotta get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say about your reality? – Rust Cohle
>>
>>687616583
You call denying the Reality Of God Functioning.. In the End they will be convinced of god, but in hell, and to late.
>>
>>687616742
Thanks to nazis technology

Mark 13:3-17
>>
>>687616736
where the fuck do you get your acid dude?
>>
>>687616675
God created everything good, So without them it wasn't good, now was it.

Nope because Real Religious People are Saints, who keep in the state of grace and die in the state.. We are all sinners and have our daily temptations, or battles. But once you fall into Mortal sin you will be dead.
>>
>>687616707
I'm sorry bout that, your just ignorant.. needing Catholicism
>>
If god is real then how do you explain my digits
>>
I'm not totally against there being a god or some greater power. But I'm against religion and the mythologies of religion. The universe may have been created, but in the same way Steve Jobs created Apple.
>>
Prove any god or gods to me and I start to believe. Burden of proof is on your shoulders. Just because you believe it, doesn't mean it's a fact. It just means you believe it.
>>
If this ends in 6 than God is real
>>
>>687614944
>believe everything the bible says is true
>hurrr if god isn't real the how did the universe evolve to be exactly like it says it is in the bible???

Literally retarded, kys
>>
>>687616817
Is that so? And which god are we going to be convinced of? My money is on Alpacala or Quetzalcoatl
>>
>>687615438
Makes sense
>>
>>687617153
God asked Steve Wozniak to create the universe ?
>>
>>687614944
The FSM needed it for beer and strippers ofcourse.
>>
File: download (13).jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>687617169
>>
>>687616817
Hahahahaha you are so trapped into BS. I feel sorry for you tbh.
>>
>>687614944
That's not how probabilities work, dipshit. Go look it up, I don't care enough to sit and explain it.
>>
this proves that god exists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism
>>
>>687614944
He made a sun that's gonna eat up the earth in a couple million years. Thanks a lot god. Great design there
>>
>>687614944
you.. are... a fucking retard omfg... I'll believe in God if he fine tunes my bank account to read "op is a fucking faggot"
>>
>>687617396
All that says is that Your religion stole older ideas and changed them to soot a new generation
>>
>>687617080
I went to a catholic school, I had time to think about religion and I decided to follow my own beliefs. I am not even atheist because I think there god exits in a certain form, but let's talk about you,, have you got some time to think that MAYBE you are wrong ? Why your religion is better than others ? And don't say that I am a moron because I typed something you don't understand.
>>
>>687617427
That sun gave me cancer. Thanks god great idea.
>>
>>687617396
I have a book that says Spiderman exists
>>
File: market pen meta strat.gif (449 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
market pen meta strat.gif
449 KB, 500x282
>>687614944
human breeding patterns
"the human experience"
>>
File: Ill never be this angry.jpg (42 KB, 325x240) Image search: [Google]
Ill never be this angry.jpg
42 KB, 325x240
>>687614944
nope nope nope
>>
>>687616736
Your Example A of what a Non functioning man does.. Destructive thoughts, Heresy's, errors.. and because of your false ideas you will live out your life by them (Freewill the Ability to chose to do good or bad)... which will most likely send you to hell.

Self destruction is false ideas, heresys, these will send your souls ( Soul the image of god, which endows understanding/Reasoning and Freewill) to hell.. What you understand/reason to be true you will most likey do, With your Freewill.. The Holy trinity is good in himself, knowledge, mercy, love, and you think you know better... look at the world, a godless world, you know better.. really.
>>
>>687616742
Take your foil hat off son, Aliens are not real, condemned, nothing more then the demonic.
>>
>>687614944
> If God isn't real how do you explain the fine tuning of the universe?
I want you to compare the mass of the observable universe to the biomass of living things in the universe, and tell me what percentage that is.
Then I want you to do the same for volume.
Then you can come back and talk about fine tuning.
Not before.
>>
>>687614944
The Big Programmer in the sky doesn't know whe are alive. He just compiled it and runs this program for some unseen reason.
>>
>>687617848
That's just what an alien would say
>>
>>687617883

Really weak argument, if its fine tuned such that life has only arisen on earth and humans are the only intelligent species that has come into existence then it is even stronger evidence that the universe was fine tuned for our existence and our existence alone!
>>
>>687616809
what keeps a person decent is reasoning/understanding of truth, witch is god good in himself, Its about loving Jesus Christ Through Mother Mary.
>>
>>687614944
If god exist then why he allowed the cruelty of a wasp stinging it's victim and laying it's egg in the victim so the hatched larva eat it's host alive.
If god is exist explain the laryngeal nerve of the giraffe.
Fine tuning my ass.
Protons pop in and out all the time and the chance that something could happen eventually happen.
>>
>>687617746
We don't even know for sure if we have free will though. We could all just be passengers that have been programmed to think we are in control. We don't understand consciousness enough to explain how we are able to will things in our brain to happen, for chemicals and electric impulses to be sent. It is stupid for us to try to fool ourselves into thinking that we do have a free will if there is no evidence for it.
>>
Is anyone even religious in this thread?

>>687618121
This comment is obviously bullshit
>>
>>687617226
you'd lose that bet too, Because the answer is God, Jesus Christ, The Holy Ghost, 3 in 1, through the blessed mother Mary.
>>
>>687614944
Anthropic principle. Any life will find itself in a universe where life can exist. Inflationary cosmology implies the existence of infinite (or so) parallel universes with different physics. Most wouldn't permit structures complex enough for life, but any place with life would by necessity, and life would be adapted to the conditions it finds itself in.
>>
>>687618121
Cool as long You do what's Right in life and try to make the world a better place just Stop trying to disprove others beliefs and pushing yours on others that is not cool at least most people that don't believe in God don't go around trying to convert others
>>
>>687617169 Here are the five proofs on god by saint Thomas Aquinas
http://www.catholicforum.com/forums/showthread.php?3633-St-Thomas-Aquinas-5-proofs-of-God-s-existence.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinque_viae

&Some Incorruptible body's of saints
http://www.marypages.com/IncorruptBodies.htm
>>
>>687617318
the irony, Satan got you turned upside downed & backwards.. typical satan
>>
File: tumblr_n7gh8yXyHl1qhvvevo5_250.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7gh8yXyHl1qhvvevo5_250.gif
1 MB, 250x250
consider its a low minded question to keep yourself such

or accept that self is god and the rest is (self)enslavement;psychologically

after that you can put yourself in whatever little labeled box you want just stay and GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME
>>
>>687614944
Bait. Nobody can be this fucking dense.
>>
>>687617848
We'll be contacting your planet soon Anon
>>
File: 1464833775850.jpg (21 KB, 475x327) Image search: [Google]
1464833775850.jpg
21 KB, 475x327
>>687618644
>>
>>687617556
The difference between us is, I've always had faith you never did.
>>
>>687616736
>Point explained clearly.
>Backed up by all evidence and indication from nature.
>Natural axioms.
>Important psychological tendencies displayed by human beings highlighted in relation to religion.

>>687617746
>"but teh souls and yeh god and teh afterlife and hell and bad burny things and the universe is morally split according to arbitrary human perceptions"
>???
>>
>>687617580
freemasons invented cancer thank them.
>>
>>687617603
Typical modern man believes in non exist super hero's.
>>
>>687615860
Not according to the Norse, the Greeks, the Romans, the Egyptians, those from south-west Asia, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Jews, or the Muslims. Try again. What prevents your religious beliefs from going the ways of all those other religions? Faith? Billions had faith before you. If we live long enough as a species, maybe your religion will go the route of all those other faiths! You going to be around to see it? Christ was suppose to return in the disciple's time. Where was he?
>>
>>687618071
haha nice joke
>>
>>687614944
bait
>>
>>687614944
I am God. I created the universe. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>687614944
>fine tuned universe

I know right, it's amazing how with with the literally infinite different ways the universe could have ended up, we got the objectively perfect one where what ever species exist have a 100% happiness and healthiness rate, there are no wars, the universe's size and laws of physics within that universe allow for relatively safe and easy space exploration, resources are plentiful and in that universe OP is always having sex with a wide array of women and starting intellectually stimulating yet humorous threads that are in no way a cynical attempt to bait replies or symptomatic of a low functioning autistic mind. Thanks god, i owe you one.
>>
So, if God is real, why did he let so many popes be assassinated?
>>
>>687618342
Do you understand what I'm typing.. can you reason.. then you have freewill, you have a soul, image of god.
>>
>>687615860
All because you repeat, does not make it true.

The Bible is objectively wrong about so many of the claims it makes about the universe, we can automatically understand it is also wrong about the creation story without even going into detail about it.

The trinity is not a real entity. It is a man made idea.

Man made ideas are not capable of creating a universe.

Unless you are simple using the trinity to represent concepts we do not yet understand for a lack of better words. But that is intellectual dishonesty at its greatest.

Your god is a lie.
>>
>>687614944
>fine tuning of the universe
not even good b8
lets watch the summerfags and plebs post
>>
>>687618345
nice argument.
>>
>>687619335
kek
>>
>>687614944
>the universes chance for tuning into exactly what it is today are pretty low
every other thing the universe could have been had the absolutely exact same chance to happen
>>
>>687618121
So he reincarnated himself into jesus, went into a shitload of pain and suffering to eventually kill himself on a cross just to forgive the past and future sins of humans. Yet send people to hell if they were bad even they were forgiven.
It don't add up.
>>
>>687616097
Yes actually.
>>
>>687617080
"your (sic) just ignorant".

Says it all really.
>>
>>687618486
Then there're not fulfilling their duty of state which is to be the salt of the earth, teaching in the name of the father, the son, and the holy ghost.

If your doing what YOU think is rite, its not, because only Good himself knows what's rite.

You contradicted yourself there, you say Catholics are Pushing truth on you, then say God doesn't go around converting.. He does to save souls from hell.
>>
>>687619419
Freewill?
God knows everything thus it knows what you going to do and does not prevent it. Yet send you to hell even thou your sins were forgiven when he was jesus christ.
It make no sense.
So it means god don't exist or don't give a shit.
>>
>>687614944
which god?
>>
>>687617746
I see your point, and I understand why god would give humans a freewill and a strong propensity for sin and command them to be perfect and pious. I myself have sometimes take quadruple amputees sown to my local track and make them finish a sprint in under a minute, of course i don't understand why, in some versions of Christianity, god lets people into heaven just for trying, all the amputees how don't finish are hung in a cage of the brazier if they don't finish the race, participation isn't good enough, god's just a 'no child left behind' pussy at that point. He's gone soft since the old testament for sure
>>
Jesus gay af bruh.

They came to Bethany. There was one woman there whose brother had died. She came and prostrated herself before Jesus and spoke to him. "Son of David, pity me!" But the disciples rebuked her. Jesus was angry and went with her into the garden where the tomb was. Immediately a great cry was heard from the tomb. And going up to it, Jesus rolled the stone away from the door of the tomb, and immediately went in where the young man was. Stretching out his hand, he lifted him up, taking hold his hand. And the youth, looking intently at him, loved him and started begging him to let him remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days Jesus gave him an order and, at evening, the young man came to him wearing nothing but a linen cloth. And he stayed with him for the night, because Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And then when he left he went back to the other side of the Jordan.
>>
>>687618814
sounds heretical.
>>
anthropic principle is not an answer, you have to add too many assumptions (multiple, infinte universes with infinite time) infinity is a problem in itself. occam's razor suggests that God is the most likely hypothesis
>>
>>687619914
You need to read the bible. That is not how it works at all. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you do not go to hell.
>>
>>687614944
>If God isn't real how do you explain the fine tuning of the universe?
Simple: There is no fine tuning of the universe. The bottom of a puddle is not fine tuned to fit the water, but the water adapts to the conditions set by the bottom of the puddle.
>The chances of this universe coming into existence
The chance doesn't matter at all. If you threw an infinitely sided dice, you'd still have an outcome after it comes to rest.
>>
>>687618865
you reason, you've got no time, What u do is up to you. Just remember God's waiting on you.
>>
>>687620121
>Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you do not go to hell.
Where in the Bible does it say that
>>
>>687620121
Exactly. I'm sure Charles manson and cho, the batman shooter and elliot Rodgers are all going to heaven. Doin gods work.
>>
>>687620121
Yet if you do not (can't) accept him as savior and lord because you never knew jesus christ and do your entire life good, you are still send to hell.
Sounds retarded as fuck.
>>
File: Yellow-Marshmallow-Peep-Chic.jpg (36 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
Yellow-Marshmallow-Peep-Chic.jpg
36 KB, 400x366
ITT: people pretending to be Christian by acting as stereotypical as they can.
>>
>>687620272
I think it depends on which one you read.
>>
>>687615438
time didn't exist before the universe began
>>
>>687618897
I have faith but not in the same things as yours. And you are damn lucky that your god loves you all because he cries some rainy clouds all other our earth because of "believers" like you who still crusade and annoy everyone.
>>
"There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings"

-Nietzsche
>>
This entire thread is full of people who are wrong for so many reasons. Firstly, I'm assuming the universe has structure, a fair claim considering what we've observed so far.

The universe having structure does not imply the existence of a God, however the existence of a God would explain the structure.

If the creation of the universe was in the big bang, then something had to offset the big bang, it could've been a God or it could've been some strange property that the universe has by default. Perhaps, however, that the universe and all its properties were never created, they were just always here. Again, just because it is counter-intuitive to our logic doesn't make it wrong, our logical perceptions of the universe are gathered entirely by what we see. For example, in quantum physics, the idea that an electron can interfere with itself doesn't make sense, the idea that by simply knowing which event happens can change the past doesn't make sense to us, but that's just how the universe is. We have no idea how much more there is to discover about this crazy place.

Secondly, I've seen people claiming that "because the bible is wrong in some parts means that all of it is wrong". This is not a reasonable argument, while some claims lack validity, others may not. The Bible could be completely true for all we know, if there is an all powerful God, then he'd have the power to create the universe 6000 (is this right? I'm not a by the book Christian, I just think their morals are the most decent) years ago, and make it seem like it's 14 billion years old through trickery. This is similar to "last-thursdayism", the philosophical idea that the universe was created last Thursday. There is no way to prove it wasn't.

To simply state that your God is the right one is silly, there could be many Gods, there could be none. There could be 1. We don't know, nothing is fact, everything is an assumption. Stop being pretentious fucks.
>>
File: dcttb.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
dcttb.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>687616736
Ok but we can believe in god without living our lives for the sake of religious doctrines.
>>
>>687615438
so sooner or later, you will always be tortured for life with bbcs comming out your eyes becouse there is a very low chance but u know time is infinite so it might hapn 2 times lol
>>
File: Image2.jpg (28 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
Image2.jpg
28 KB, 375x375
>>
>>687620203
How I spend my time is the only thing I have full control of and I have little time for you (someone that tries to push his beliefs on others)
>>
If God was real why does cancer exist?
>>
>>687619229 (Thee Adam and Eve)
Adam had Children, he passes the origins of creation to them, then they do the same for their children, so on so on.. Noah has children he teachings them, then those children spread out all over the world.. Now teaching orally tends to distorted over hundred/thousand years.. By then you have thousands of Distorted versions of creation, they all have pieces of Catholicism in them, but it's a mix bag.

Gold's only valuable in its pure form, which is Catholicism, the old ways are out, and the new way is in.
>>
>>687620665
It would be possible if we lived for ever you know ...
>>
>>687619908
Your God gave free will he shows us the path people push beliefs GOD=RIGHT YOU=WRONG
>>
If I get trips God does not exist in any form
>>
>>687619324
we cant prove you wrong so he must be god.. because we need proof rite.. we cant use our fucking brains to know any better.. who knows.. its a mystery
>>
Everything is infinite so everything possible will eventually happen at some point.

>there is no god
>>
>>687617746
Who said the world was godless? The world is full of gods. Look up religion and you will find it under Philosophy as a man made belief system that through out history has been used to control man, what he believes, and what he should do. Even one of those 'saints' said it as Pope!

Read your history and then tell me I am wrong. While you are at it, read what Philosophy has to say about past religions and the current ones. There still are a lot of gods out there that followers believe in and put their life and salvation upon in blind, unthinking, faith. Why should you be any different? Right?
>>
>>687620632
According to Stephen Hawking there was nothing before the big bang, no space and no time.
Suddenly it popped out. Could it be god? perhaps.
But if we look at protons they just appear and disappear, so it could mean that the universe did the same thing.
But we do not know, same as these Christians can't explain how god came to existence.
>>
>>687614944
Infinite number of chances.
>>
>>687614944
>The chances of this universe coming into existence is a number that would probably crash the 4Chan servers

Let me put real simple. 100% chance of it, since it did.
>>
File: 1458633805978.jpg (29 KB, 460x485) Image search: [Google]
1458633805978.jpg
29 KB, 460x485
I will convert to Christianity right now if any of you can provide me 1 piece of objective evidence of god, which uses no logical fallacy, and doesn't come from the Bible. Pro tip: you can't.
>>
>>687621028
fuck, i wanted that empty room, house prices aren't what they used to be and you have to get ahead wherever you can
>>
>>687621240
>>687621028
checkmate athiest
>>
>>687619351
I only have a 2nd graders lvl of theology, but my thoughts are this.. its because god so respects our freewill, that he allows us to sin, (in this case murder).. Those popes died due to those individual's freewill.
>>
>>687616282
the only way not to self destruct is to reproduce, we don't need a god for that. you just replaced "reproduce"with "love for god"

ALSO
why not follow man's fallen nature?
>>
>>687621028
Prove that god exists !
>>
>>687619496
That's rite we are not capable of creating a universe, but God is, Because I don't know, he's god.. sounds like something only a God could do.
>>
File: LehQV0i.jpg (48 KB, 680x681) Image search: [Google]
LehQV0i.jpg
48 KB, 680x681
>>687617746
>>
>>687621028
if my post ends with "HOLOCAUST", then god exists.
>>
>>687621240
My alphabet soup spelled jesus once
>>
>>687621377
Yet god knows it will eventually happen because he is god and knows everything even before it happen. So it's not free will if it's already predicted, and if it's against his will he would stopped it before it even began. but if it is his will why the fuck do he punish these people that did his will.
it make no sense.
>b-b-but god work mysteriously
eat a dick.
>>
>>687614944
So before the universe there was nothing. Although there was no concept of time, it was a tiny probability that a universe was to come into existence. We don't know how many 'failed universes' happened before ours did. I also like to look at earth. There are hundreds and thousands of uninhabitable planets so with probability it is likely that at least one is habitable. And even on this earth we still have natural disasters. That is why I'm an atheist basically.
>>
There's also the possibility that a being from a higher dimension created the universe (something like God) but the truth about the universe and what is beyond it is still far from known.
>>
>>687621377
so god didn't try to help those popes, so even those most devoted and pious to god can't even rely on him to keep them from dying, even if there is a god what's fucking the point then?
inb4 no benefits that require me to an hero
>>
File: BMlYJZvCUAI1397.jpg (50 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BMlYJZvCUAI1397.jpg
50 KB, 600x800
>>687621668
>>
>>687618121
Actually, I thought Jesus said to come to him directly, not through your saint, pope, pastor, or Mary! especially not through a woman after tthe witch hunt done on all women mentioned in the bible by a pope who saw the rise in power of women in the faith as a direct threat to the men of the church. He even wrote that Mary Magdalen was a whore to disgrace the only mentioned woman disciple in the bible (and some books said was Jesus wife no less)!

Go read your biblical Hebrew, Latin, and Greek Bibles and all the book OF the Bible before spouting some of this crap you are spouting son. (And, I mean that in a biblical/organized religion sort of way son)
>>
>>687621852
There are benefits to an hero.
you no longer have to deal with bullshit.
>>
>>687621223
Yeah, I've also heard of that theory, where everything in the universe was created but simultaneously a bunch of anti-matter was also made. It makes sense I guess, if you start with a flat surface, the only way you can make a mountain is by digging a hole, so that's one possibility. Ultimately though, we don't know, and to be honest, even thinking about the idea of nothing, or the idea of how long it took emptyness to turn into the big bang is really weird, because I've always thought of the universe as some infinite playground, and to add some element of finiteness to it just feels odd.
>>
>>687615324
Yes. This. I promise.
>>
>>687616997
From your boy-fucking priest.
>>
>>687621935
explain this atheists
>>
File: 1587rw.jpg (11 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
1587rw.jpg
11 KB, 204x204
>>687617746
>>
>>687622027
I dug a pretty big hole.
>>
>>687614944
>fine tuning
You mean finding a silver lining in a sea of chaos is fine tuning? You're a blatant retard. The fact we exist is not hard to believe as we already do. You see all these fuck heads around you daily proving we do. We developed because we were nothing short of lucky evolving from a molten rock to a lush green oasis. We're just some cells that really got out of hand. Why you people feel the need to believe it was some grand scheme of a sky beard does nothing but portray you as guilable. These same people that preach this shit also tell you the world is only a few thousand years old, that the earth revolves around the sun, and that a 3-400 year old man built a giant boat and filled it with 2 of each animal and then decided to repopulate the earth inbreeding.

Yet you mock those that disagree?
>>
>>687619559
Jesus Christ always was and was will be, he didn't reincarnate nothing, People send themselves to hell by their understanding and freewill.. He died to give them a chance of salvation, when you receive the sacrament of confession you are washed with his infinite buying blood, forgiving you.. You must maintain the state of grace, and avoid mortal sin at all costs, If you die in Mortal sin, hell, If you die in the state of Grace, you participate in the Beatific vision, aka heaven.
>>
>>687619833
when the argument drops down to spell checking it's obvious they have nothing constructive to add to the existing argument.
>>
>>687614944
your perfect argument has finally convinced me that god MUST exist
>>
>>687622174
Thanks god, good form, those gains have paid off, you'll be able to that log that even you ca;t lift in no time
>>
even if the chances are so small... it happend. by the way - who cares if there is a god when books like the bible are made by man thousands of years ago? they tell us not to do this and that, and espacially to believe in this allmighty god. but if there is a god who "invented" everything in the universe, why should the state of existence in the afterlife (what seems to be the most important in all religions) depend on whether we one possibility or the other? ... this whole discussion is so pointless and dumb. get a life and do something more useful than thinking about such nonesense. p.s. faggot
>>
>>687622027
I think the universe is constantly expanding but not infinite.
>>
>>687622243
see
>>687621744
>>
File: pepe-the-frog.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog.png
48 KB, 500x282
>>687622462
Maybe religion is a trap and you have to realize that it's bullshit in order to ascend to a higher plane of existence.
>>
>>687622469
I Thank your God your not a professor
>>
>>687622612
seems legit. NOW WE ARE GOD
>>
>>687621106
Your logic which is wrong, not reality, Only The holy trinity is Infinite, with god anything is Possible.
>>
>>687618644
OMG!!! Did we go to Wikipedia? The one source where anyone can change an article at any time without even being knowledgeable in that subject, person, or fact? You used THAT to prove god is real?

Holy crap Batman! Open that Asylum of yours wide open! For, we know Batman is real according to some sources and that the computer game is really a simulation of reality. Right?
>>
>>687614944
>rewards for the athiests
Deluded moron. We're the free ones. Can live a life unbound by ancient rules that idiots with accessible science at their disposal allow to rule their every move.
I don't know whats worse. A mudslime who stays true to what he belives in, or a 21st century christian who's dragged his bible (which he probably hasn't read) through modern times to suit the fact he's a drug taking faggot who spends his saturday nights sucking cock in a gay nightclub. Are you that guy OP?! ARE YOU THAT GUY!???
>>
File: emperah.jpg (251 KB, 734x950) Image search: [Google]
emperah.jpg
251 KB, 734x950
the only god man needs
>>
>>687614944
I don't
The existence of a God doesn't do a better job of explaining that either
>>
>>687622657
Since the big-bang theory says the universe started at a pretty small size and kept expanding why should it be infinite?
>>
>>687620916
nah it won't man, ill tell you why.
the universe has it's boundrys right? everything that has happend is possible according to law of physics. you can't create energy where there is none. a black hole has kinetic energy on a whole other level wich might explain the big bang or the beginning people call "god"
but you must be mutated in your dna to grow bbc's out of your eyes and i don't think it's physicly possible.
>>
since atheists believe nothing after death why are they still here? stop wasting time and just kill themselves.
>>
>>687623050
because people demand arguments.
>>
>>687621223
God always was and will always be, sounds like a god.

The big bangs just a Theory/fantasy of his, and its founding principles, Chaos, death, and nothingness... Creations founding principles, A caring loving god that made life, everything good, for the purpose of love.
>>
>>687623050
becouse nothing is after this lol, you'd be really stupid to kill yourself when you can beat kids and fuck goats in this universe
>>
File: FMYChqg.jpg (154 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
FMYChqg.jpg
154 KB, 456x469
>>687622768
My God
>>
>>687623050
dumb. believing that there is nothing after life makes even more worth to live as long and good as you can. there is just 1 short time of existence
>>
>>687623050
Are you stupid? why would somebody (who's not suicidal) want to kill himself if there's no life after death.
>>
>>687621240
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1536&bih=764&q=incorruptible+saint&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXyYiG8IvNAhURGlIKHbJACaUQvwUIGigA Incorruptible bodies of saints
>>
>>687614944

They haven't read the right verses such as my personal favorite, Frank 1:16 " it is the Lord who will have the last laugh as he whips out his massive God dick and smites the atheist cross the face."
>>
>>687623183
ignorance
>>
>>687622843
>>
>>687622843
>>687622469

Not just the universe but also the emptyness. Like, where there isn't universe, there'd have to be nothing, right? If there was something then it'd technically be part of the universe.

But then if the universe is some finite egg, then it's surrounded by nothing. What stops the nothing outside the universe from starting another big bang?
>>
>>687623301
just a joke fam, but i still don't get your point
>>
>>687623213
fool. believing you factually know anything about it proves you are a fighter for $15 minimum wage.
>>
>>687623124
A caring loving god that send humans to slaughter everyone else if they don't believe in him.
seems legit.
>>
God or no, all you people are 3 episodes away from fucked
>>
>>687614944
Who cares if God is real or not anon? If you believe in it then it is and if you don't it doesn't. Carry on with life accordingly because either way you look at it is a blessing to experience this astronomical improbable possibility existence. Its called free will homie, not to do what you want or have what you want, but much rather to believe what you want.
>>
>>687623275
All instances of incorrupt saints state "found to be incorrupt by the Catholic Church".

Bias by way of personal interest. Try again.
>>
>>687623347
Have you heard of multi-universe theory? It seems to me more logical that there's an infinite number of universes than that our universe is infinite.
>>
File: 1453312707653.gif (68 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
1453312707653.gif
68 KB, 500x293
>>687623347
>>
>>687623513
Could be that our universe came to existence because of another universe, like protons that appears and disappears.
>>
>>687623374
? didnt say so. it works for me. if you want to believe in a god or something do it. but i wanna live my life as i wish and not like a 4000 years old shepherd preaches
>>
>>687623513
Both aren't really accepted theories. We know the universe is not infinite, we don't know whether another universe exists. If you believe in multiple universes, you're just slighty less wrong than believers in (a certain) god.

>certain god, because the belief in a god without defined characteristics is far more likely than believing in a god with characteristics that are demonstrably false
>>
>>687623513
I consider the universe to be everything that isn't nothing.
>>687623551
Explain why you think I'm autistic
>>
Porn is always the answer
>>
>>687622843
http://www.npr.org/2011/01/24/132932268/a-physicist-explains-why-parallel-universes-may-exist
>>
>>687614944
Fine tunings? You're completely biased. What, in any way verifiable, or logically sound way, does the universe have to be 'perfect'? How 'well constructed' it is is just an observation from your point of view. There's nothing spectacular about the universe unless you're a human being, a creature with an insane need to justify things, a mind calling something complex based on their own, tiny, observations.
You're not here for a fucking god, if so you'd have to justify every single bad thing happening, and we CLEARLY know that the universe doesn't revolve around YOU, nor us as a species, nor the earth as a planet.
Your feeble mind is unable to perceive what's around you, therefor you make up your own conclusions because you're stupid enough to believe your own fucking ideas about something you don't know shit about.
>>
>>687623724
of course... forgot about that.

now that this is cleared, what about some more discussion about the newest "2girlsonecup" thing?
>>
>>687623682
I'm not believing in anything that is not proven, I'm just considering the possibility.
>>
>>687623724
So is god real?
Porn.
Where did god come from?
Porn.
Where will we go when we die?
Porn.
>>
>>687623832
I like this. Where do I sign up?
>>
>>687623832
Is it weird that those all seem like reasonable answers to me?
>>
>>687614944
Moot was the founder of this universe, right?
>>
File: 4bcc84_4039880.jpg (414 KB, 1680x1260) Image search: [Google]
4bcc84_4039880.jpg
414 KB, 1680x1260
>>687623980
You don't have to you are already here.
>>687624013
Not at all.
>>
>>687623980
>>687624013
Porn.
>>
>>687623682
I mean the universe we live in is proof than an universe can exist, why wouldn't another one exist?
>>
>>687618897
There you go again! Faith is man made and cannot be proven. Just because you have faith in one thing does not mean it is correct or right. Just look at all the religions before you with all of their 'faithful'.

Stop telling every one has to believe like you do and that you are the only one right. You do not like it when others (Radical Islam for example) force their "beliefs" upon you, do you? Yet, they are men of faith, just like you are. Why are they not right?

Why aren't the Jews right that the Savior has not arrived yet? Answer me that! Why aren't the Muslims right that Mohhamad was the 'true savior' and that Jesus was like John the Baptist, a prophet. cleaner of out of the Temple, and a minor prophet at that? For, they all are men of 'faith'.

You cannot worship the same god (and you do) and not believe as the others do. You cannot have three religions based on the same text in the beginning and have such different beliefs because god is perfect in everything he does! The Torah, Bible, and Koran all say god is perfect.

Some one has to be wrong! 1 in 3 chance it is you! Prove me wrong!

P.S. Please say it is the others because they do not believe as you do, that, their religion is man made and a fallacy and yours never was or could be because of your faith. I can hear the blasphemy laws those related religions with the same god would be punishing you under right now in their countries!
>>
>>687624166
The existence of our universe does not prove that the resources for another universe exist, only that if those resources DO exist then additional universes are possible.
>>
>>687614944
>number that would probably crash the 4chan servers
Must be a higher deity then
>>
>>687622192

>luck

No. When you're dealing with time scales in billions of years luck isn't a factor because even the most unlikely events become certainties.
>>
>>687623347
You do not understand astral physics, your conclusions are ramblings based on things you haven't understood.
>then it'd technically
No, it wouldn't. Read BEFORE you open your mouth.
>>
>>687621223

>there was nothing before the big bang

No, there was a singularity.
Also, saying "before" the big bang is nonsensical because the big bang was the beginning of time. It's like asking what's north of the north pole. It doesn't make sense.
>>
>>687624166
No, it's proof that THIS universe can exist. That's an important distinction.
>why wouldn't another on exist?
Why wouldn't Russell's teapot exist?
>>
>>687623773
For all you idiots claiming that the universe ISNT fine tuned, you are all retards.

Not that I agree with OP, but you had better actually do some research.

There are 6 numbers that determine our existence (or, the redaction of it if they were changed even the slightest bit).

The proportion of gravity's strength vs the other forces is one. If that ratio was altered by a mere plank unit, stars would either fizzle out too quickly, or grow too large and implode (not a particularly nice scenario.

There is lambda, the cosmological costant ie the force causing the universe to expand. Too weak, by even a plank unit, and we would all be clumped together (heat death), too strong and we would all freeze.

The universe IS finely tuned, so much so that there is a nobel waiting for the person to discover why.
>>
>>687620665
>bbcs comming out your eyes
living the dream
>>
>>687619496
But, he misses the whole point! God created the world, not Christ or the holy spirit. they were created later. the bible says so. He does not know his own Bible.
>>
>>687624712
This is a bit like survivorship bias though. We can only exist in states that are perfect. It's kinda like when people say that Earth is the perfect place for humans because God made it so. Life just wouldn't evolve on imperfect planets, so we have to be on one of the few perfect planets. Maybe there are multiple Universes, or many regions in one Universe, that all have varying laws of physics, and we are only able to exist in one that is perfect.

Sorry for being really rambly, I'm very tired and a bit drunk, but I hope you get my point.
>>
>>687624712
You presume that those 6 dice were only rolled once and that there is only 1 combination that leads to a universe capable of supporting intelligent life. We do not know either of those to be true. We also do not know whether or not those numbers really are variable in the creation of a/the universe.
>>
>>687624712
Heat death? I thought that was when the universe reaches maximum entropy and just becomes a static lifeless dead "desert" (for lack of a better word). I can't really tell what you were trying to describe. Maybe I am just misunderstanding it.
>>
>>687619908
You do understand there wasn't a hell until later in the bible. It did not exist because god did not make it. Man did to keep the masses in line and the power in thier own hands (like most man made religions). God did not create organized religion, for god had a personal relationship with man, then became a vengeful god, and then the god of laws, before becoming a loving god to return to a spiteful god again! To many names, too many borrowed beliefs, too many changes to not have been a man made concept. Prove me wrong!
>>
>>687624712

Can't tell anything with a sample size of 1.
>>
>>687614944
oh boy it never changes.

Your premise is baseless thus probably wrong. I'm off to go touch my dick.
>>
>>687625490
What about the Babylonian gods? God hated them and punished Israel every time they started worshipping them. Its called idolatry and it is one of the worst sins.
>>
>>687614944

If the universe was designed for life, it must be said that it is a shockingly inefficient design. There are vast reaches of the universe in which life as we know it is clearly impossible: gravitational forces would be crushing, or radiation levels are too high for complex molecules to exist, or temperatures would make the formation of stable chemical bonds impossible... Fine-tuned for life? It would make more sense to ask why God designed a universe so inhospitable to life
>>
>>687625824
The funny thing about that is the Bible doesn't say the Israelites shouldn't worship those gods because they don't exist, it says they shouldn't worship those gods because they aren't Yahweh.

The bible clearly sends the message that other gods do in fact exist, you just shouldn't worship them more than you worship Yahweh.
>>
>>687625915
Perhaps that's why He created the Earth. It's very hospitable to life.
>>
>>687626387
>puddle
see >>687620132
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.