[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if every singularity-sized bit of energy or whatever that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (425 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
425 KB, 1280x854
What if every singularity-sized bit of energy or whatever that enters the heart of a black hole becomes a new universe? Essentially going from as small as possible to as large as possible in an infinite cycle. Sorry, I'm no astrophysicist.

Also: SPACE BREAD

Tell me some mind-blowing shit /b/.
>>
So fucking beautiful
>>
>>687567606
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vS9gueGA4
>>
I don't know about your original topic but >>687567606 looks exactly like what I saw during Lasik Surgery. I have been trying to describe it to people.
>>
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 1920x1080
Neutron star bump
>>
I like to believe theres other universes in other realities out there
>>
>>687568187
That ginger has to be on meth
>>
>>687568382
doesn't quantum physics say that there are?
>>
OP, are you talking about being so small that you go into the negatives, an inverse of a really big number, but still huge?

Computers do this with numbers. If you reach 2147XXXXXX it then goes negative down to -2147XXXXXX, which is a huge number, just negative?

If you were to take something and shrink it into itself to the point where it grows, but basically reflected?
>>
File: 1461907886751.jpg (8 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
1461907886751.jpg
8 KB, 253x199
You can't honestly believe in multiple universes. That's almost as dumb as believing in more than one God, and as we all know, there is one God and he created everything.
>>
>>687568772
That actually makes a lot of sense. The singularity could be sort of like an absolute zero representing nonexistence before it grows negatively. But in the parallel universe it would grow positively while we would be negative.
>>
>>687569279
Can't we believe that God created those multiple universes as well? Christian sci-fag, here.
>>
>>687569279
Nobody asked for your opinion.
>>
>>687569279
0/8 m8
>>
Why do people hypothesize about the nature of complex astrophysics when they don't know how fucking black holes work?
>>
>>687569279
>more rational to believe in a dead omnipotent space wizard with talking snakes and magical abilities than to believe that we aren't the only universe in existence

Kek
>>
>>687569588
I don't know. Why don't you ask stephen hawking since he knows exactly how black holes work.
>>
>>687569588
What made people speculate about the cosmos in the 1500s when we knew nothing about the earth? Oh yeah. Because they didn't sit around all day on 4chan shitposting
>>
>>687569858
I'm sure if I asked him, he'd say that it's fucking stupid to think that every 'singularity-sized bit of energy or whatever' becomes an entire universe when it enters a black hole for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>687570204
We know enough now to tell that that's a fucking stupid hypothesis.
>>
File: 1460066669249.jpg (834 KB, 1821x1566) Image search: [Google]
1460066669249.jpg
834 KB, 1821x1566
>>687567606
What if the particle jets of a black hole, is matter from another time/dimension?
>>
>>687570421
We know what the particle jets are. They're not that.
>>
>>687570244
literally no one knows
only theories exist
you: "well that theory is stupid! none of you know what youre talking about! only I do!"

get more mad about it, please.
>>
>>687569279
I actually believe that the multiverse theory is real sir
>>
>>687570244
>>687570360
Then what is the correct answer? Also timestamp pic of your physics Ph.D.
>>
File: iY5s7Qy.jpg (847 KB, 2940x2520) Image search: [Google]
iY5s7Qy.jpg
847 KB, 2940x2520
>>
>>687570527
That's not a theory. It's a completely unsupported hypothesis that defies everything we currently know about the universe, how it was created and what happens to stuff that goes into black holes. Theories have to be backed by evidence. The real ones are.
>>
>>687570725
The correct answer to what exactly?
>>
>>687570862
>things we know
>what happens to stuff in black holes
>evidence

Hahahahaha you are literally buttfucking retarded. Get out of her you silly bastard.
>>
>>687567606
Not an astro physicist either but my theory of black holes is that the universe is suspended in some form of primordial matter that we have yet to identify but everything is necessarily made of it. Black holes turn matter sucked into it into that primordial matter and spits it out and over time that matter becomes the basis for everything else.
>>
>>687570947
You said we know enough about what happens. What happens?
>>
>>687571213
That's a cool theory. 7/10 m80
>>
>>687568753
That's one interpretation of QM. As I understand (which is barely), it satisfies the problems with things like Schrodinger's cat, i.e., it's simultaneously dead in one universe and alive in another.

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.
>>
You guys should really play no man's sky when it comes out. It will be right up your alley.
>>
>>687571165
>I don't have the tiniest understanding of science, therefore no one else does either
We have evidence. Relativity. Cosmic background radiation. You shouldn't just pull random guesses out of your ass, and instead stick with what our current understanding of the universe suggests. It's probably wrong, but it's got a better shot than OP's bullshit.
>>
>>687571165
>get out of her you silly bastard
>>
>>687571478
I'm glad someone else said it.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 590x421
>>687571213
OP here. I like it. Dark matter perhaps?

http://www.universetoday.com/60422/astronomers-find-black-holes-do-not-absorb-dark-matter/
>>
>>687571335
From our current understanding, shit just gets really small and dense. Not that complicated.
>>
>>687569739
I'm not agreeing with that guy but if you're gonna make an argument, don't just strawman their beliefs. There's a lot more that goes into it then that.
>>
>>687569467
"Christian sci-fag" lol

You're like neo on the rooftop dodging the bullets, except instead of bullets, it's facts.
>>
>>687571674
Dude. That game is going to be epic. 18 QUINTILLION planets. It would take you 580 BILLION years to traverse the whole game. That's if you took one second per planet. They say that the fastest time you could possibly make to get to the middle of the universe is around 100 hours. It's fucking magnificent. No load screens. Each planet is different. There's caves on each planet. You go straight from a planet out to space. It's fucking raw. YOU CAN BE A GODDAMN SPACE PIRATE. FUCK ME SUSAN.
>>
I had a weird thought awhile ago. If the multiverse theory were true, and all possibilities that could play out, did play out in separate universes, and then of course, those separate branches, had their own branches, and so on, infinitely. Then wouldnt there be a universe somewhere where I just died this moment. And another where I died the next moment, And so on, such that there's a me dying somewhere, constantly. Creepy.
>>
>>687571634
Relativity and cosmic background radiation does not explain what happens in black holes. Sure, they are intertwined but you're still retarded for saying we know what happens.

>pulling shit out of your ass

Check yourself before you wreck yourself m8
>>
>>687571896
infinitely small and dense isn't complicated?
>>
>>687572119
You have no idea how fucking pumped I am for that game. I'm trying to distance myself from it after that faggot sent death threats to the kotaku guy.
>>
File: SANY0472.jpg (4 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
SANY0472.jpg
4 MB, 3648x2736
ITT: people pretending to like science.
>>
>>687572534
Hold on. Who sent death threats to who?
>>
>>687572711
>2016
>pretending not to like science

Kek
>>
>>687572411
I wasn't saying that cosmic background radiation was anything to do with black holes, you just seemed to be implying that we knew literally nothing about the universe.

Gravitational theory (along with observational evidence) is really the only basis we have to go on when it comes to black holes. I'm saying to stick to what we know and not just guess when you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>687572530
Not overly so.
>>
raid now

www twitch tv/ pinkiepieog
>>
>>687572751
When the news broke about the delay some betafag sent death threats to the writer of the article on twitter. He's an embarrassment to the gaming community. A few small news outlets are reporting on it because they love to paint the gaming community as unstable. (It is at times, but w.e.)
>>
Ok, physics engineer here, went to the IPhO twice. Got silver and bronze, got invited to visit the CERN and learned from the smartest people. To the guy that keeps saying this hypothesis is shit: Shut the fuck Up. Even the evidence like cosmical radiation, observations, measurements, are NOT enough to prove ANYTHING. Even the most famous theories like the Big Bang, they can't proved. Even the math to demonstrate such theories haven't been completely solid.
Yeah, this theory sounds a little crazy, but you can't just refuse it. Need proofs to do so.
You need proofs to make a theory valid. You need proofs to make it invalid.
>>
>>687572886
>implying anyone would ever imply that we don't know anything about the universe

That's just dumb. And I think OP just likes to wonder about the unknown like the rest of us normal human beings. So maybe we shouldn't stick to all we know because if we had we wouldn't know a lot of stuff we know now.
>>
>>687573480
Yeah. Even Sean got some flack for it. I don't want to wait till august. This shit is about to be real. SPACE PIRATE FOR LIFE.
>>
>>687573546
I'm not saying it's completely invalid, nothing is literally impossible. I'm saying it's highly unlikely and there is no evidence to back it up, therefore one should not believe in it so blindly.
>>
>>687572855
the implication was that 90% of the content being posted is meaningless, suppositional, tangential, nonsensical babble.
>>
>>687572886
Okay you've been saying "this seems to show us what we know" but you haven't once actually explained what ANY of the shit you have said ACTUALLY SHOWS US
you're pulling shit out your ass just as much as OP has been so shut THE fuck up
>>
Just came from a "Does God exist thread".
Anyways.....I've read/seen/heard a lot of Dawkins, De Grasse Tyson, and Hitchens. Stumbled across Dr. William Lane. Different viewpoints. Who knows.
>>
Black holes actually could be the wormholes to the center of other galaxies and spew tons of shit into that shit and cause stars to form
>>
>>687573912
No one here believes it, that'd be stupid. But you need to be hungry. Need to be starving for knowledge, and refusing blindly, is as bad as believing blindly.
>>
>>687573886
Nigga, this game is going to be wild. I can't wait for all the different shit that's going to be out there. What do you think is at the center?
>>
>>687567606
There is a conjecture that every blackhole in an n dimensional (spacial dimensions) universe contains an n-1 dimensional universe on it's event horizon. So, our universe would be the event horizon of a black hole in a 4d universe. Likewise, every black hole in our universe would contain a 2d universe on it's event horizon (think the surface of a sphere).

I mean, it's a conjecture, and doesn't have a lot of proof, but to my knowledge it at least fits with some of the mathematics.
>>
>>687574220
It's really pretty impossible to know because there's no real way to observe a black hole
It's just a big floating space nigger that eats everything
>>
You guys sound like babbling idiots. Does anyone here actually hold a degree in physics or some sort of scientific degree? Engineer here, I only have a fundamental understanding.
>>
>>687573945
Maybe so but that doesn't mean people don't like something. Maybe you should have said "pretending to know anything about science" and then contributed some facts and cool theories instead of shitposting and pretending to be smart like everyone else.
>>
>>687573996
Do you know what fucking gravity is? I'm sorry, I just figured you knew. When there's a lot of stuff in one place, it collapses to form a black hole. When stuff goes in, it gets small and dense. There is no reason to invoke bullshit guesses that have no scientific backup.
>>
>>687567606
Er, no.
you're taking the "hole" bit of "black hole" too literally there.

a black hole isnt a hole, a drain that stuff's gurgling down into. Its a solid body, just like the earth, or (to a lesser extent) the sun. Its just so massive and dense, that not even light can escape from its surface, so it appears to be a hole when observed.

There's other universes, but black holes really arent a gateway to them, or anything. that's just bad, over-literal Sci-Fi that's not understood what they are.
>>
>>687574358
IPhO fag here. That's one of my favorite theories, and one of the most mathematically solid. I fucking love physics <3
>>
>>687573240
Explain then. Not even being sarcastic. I genuinely would like to know
>>
>>687574412
It doesn't just collapse suddenly you nigtard it happens when a star dies at it runs out of the fuel its burning on (I don't know the exact fucking chemical off the top of my head) and instead of being a stable burning nigger it collapses.
Then, bc a shitload of mass that used to be a giant star is now a shitload of mass in point, anything touching the boundaries gets niggered into the center by an incredible force.
This is much more defined than your shit explanation
>>
>>687574394
Going along with this, I can say from University that gravity is one of the least understood thing in all of physics. The higgs boson is supposed to be the field that assigns a mass to a partical theoretically in the space time plane, but its an area of active research.
>>
>>687574394
lol theres always one with a superiority complex. I find your hostility more of a tell that you're closer to a shit-throwing aggressive primate than the people just postulating possibilities. You "gotta show em how much better you are". Sad, really.
>>
>>687570244
so did the big bang have a reason that made it happen? if so fill me in pal
>>
>>687574770
So you know that atoms are mostly empty space right? Bc electrons are little negroes that fly around. Now imagine if all that space was fucking gone and all the atoms just niggered into eachother violently bc suddenly the atom that took up (let's pretend) and inch in radius now takes up a millimeter in radius, if anything comes into the space where it used to be (a 1 inch radius) it's Gravity is like double niggered and pulls more shit in.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160525-145240.jpg (221 KB, 756x782) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160525-145240.jpg
221 KB, 756x782
>>687567606
I think I get what you mean, I came up with a similar fantasy/broscience theory/whatever while tripping on acid. Basically I think there's a possibility, that since matter warps space-time, a black hole essentially "rips a hole" in it, and stuff that passes through that hole "pours out" into a new part of space time that hasn't existed before.
I even have a pseudo model for this, imagine you have an infinite number of elastic 2D sheets stacked on top of each other. Kind of like the material yoga pants are made from, just perfectly 2 dimensional. If you put a golf ball that has a weight of multiple metric tons on the top sheet, it might rip a hole in it, and through that hole matter will pour onto the sheet below it. Since an infinite amount of 2D objects can fit into 3D space, it will stop at one point, and matter will now be on a different sheet.
Now imagine this with cubes instead of sheets, and a 4d object instead of the golf ball. It might be tricky to visualize it, but on acid I could see it with perfect clarity.
>>
>>687574412
desertphile.jpg
>>
>>687571634
We know shitall about black holes. The fact that no information is able to escape from within the event horizon ensures this. We can't even see them (again, no light escapes), we can only tell where they are based on how they affect their surroundings. The only exception is Hawking radiation, which was predicted by quantum mechanics (if I recall correctly, you have quantum fluctuations where energy -> two particles (with opposite charges IIRC), one on the inside of the event horizon and one outside, so the one outside escapes (or can escape), while the other cannot). This can result in the black hole actually losing energy and therefore dissipating (provided the matter loss is greater than what the black hole is 'eating'). But because of the reason I outlined earlier, black holes remain extremely mysterious. Basically, there's a lot of shit we just don't know about them.
>>
>>687575031
Read my information based reasoning, not this "what if" speak. >>687574918
>>
>>687574918
I am not aware of the higgs boson but the massey ferguson is the best on the farm
>>
>>687575282
Nice. Saving for future reference.
>>
File: BnoEAbDIEAA79db.png (230 KB, 599x487) Image search: [Google]
BnoEAbDIEAA79db.png
230 KB, 599x487
>>
>>687575246
Makes sense I suppose
>>
>>687571475
schroedingers cat is not meant to be taken literally. it is an analogy meant to convey part of a mathematical result.

essentially, a particles position and energy at a given time is best described mathematically by probability distributions. the nature of the distribution can change with time.

if you force the particle to interaxt with another system, it will not always demonstrate being in the same energy state. rather it will demonstrate that the particle seems to have a probability of occupying a range of states at any given moment in time.

schroedingers cat is an analogy for this concept. until you measure the cats state (by ppening the box) you dont know whether it is alive or dead. so the accurate way to describe its state before measurement is to assign probabilities that it is either alive or dead.

people often take analogies, which are used to give a bit of intuitive understanding about mathematical models/concepts, and use the analogies to make their own theories.

thus you get all kinds of pseudoscience bullshit. energy crystals, psychic healing, etc etc etc
>>
>>687574774

>Nuclear fusion pushes out
>Density of the stars matter collapses in on itself
>equilibrium
>As star dies, balance is broken
>Nuclear fusion cant produce enough energy to withstand the gravity
>Theres alot more that happens during this time
>too lazy to look up to make sure im correct
>core collapses inward , resulting shockwave blows the outler layer of the star out

option 1: White dwarf (our sun)
option 2: Neutron Star
option 3 : Black hole
option 4 (bonus option): Equal to the force i shot my cum to blow your moms face apart
>>
>>687567606
Good thread dog
>>
>>687575688
It's like when you touch the outside of a girls pussy and it's like wow that's cool but then you put it inside of her and suddenly the coolness is like 10x increased
Except instead of coolness we're talking newtons
And instead of penises and vaginas it's electrons and nuclei
>>
>>687573546
The big bang is effectively proven, the problem is that having a time 0 violates causality, so we don't know what caused the big bang.

> You need proofs to make a theory valid.

With your background, you should know better. A theory is an explanation for a series of observations that is backed by evidence. Theory in the way that people use it in general conversation is more like conjecture.

>>687574238
Not really, every galaxy that we know of has a supermassive black hole at it's center which explains how the matter accumulated to form the galaxy. There is no evidence of "white holes" (as they would be called), which is strange because a white hole would be much easier to observe than a black hole by definition.

>>687574687
I like it. I mean, I'm a little removed from my physics education (math major, so it was pretty oblique anyway), but it seems to make sense.
>>
>>687575246
But aren't singularities supposed to be infinitely small and dense? Even if you took away space between atoms the singularity would still grow wouldn't it? Slowly but still. It can't be infinitely small and dense if you add the radius of multiple subatomic particles. Although I have no idea. Somebody smart explain.
>>
>>
>>687575631
I love butts but I don't study them while I'm not fapping. Idk what to think anymore
>>
File: 1423862063472_0.gif (1 MB, 633x475) Image search: [Google]
1423862063472_0.gif
1 MB, 633x475
Wait for it
>>
>>687576651
that's all of what I know, and if there's more to it than that then someone else should explain.
Although since there's no real evidence, what I said could be completely right anyway. Maybe they do grow and we just can't see it.
>>
>>687576645
> so we don't know what caused the big bang.

Without "time" there can be no causation.
>>
>>687572530
its not infinity small
just the space between atoms and between the electrons and the nucleus is removed
any smaller would mean turning the matter into energy and that would explode the black hole
oh and as for OP "theory", there isn't enough energy in each item entering a black hole to make lots of new galaxies
>>
>>687575631
spot on
>>
>>687576930
Crazy but fuck off with that 9gag shite
>>
>>687576645
>big bang is effectively proven
Where the fuck do you get this from? Its just the best running theory accepted among scientists. It isn't even close to being proven...
>>
>>687577351
Unless each universe is contained within the smallest unit and universes become infinitely smaller.
>>
>>687573546
Full Definition of theory

plural theories

: the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

: abstract thought : speculation

: the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art <music theory>

a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action <her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn>

b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory <in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all>

: a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>

a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation

b : an unproved assumption : conjecture

c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject <theory of equations>
>>
>>687577351
>any smaller would mean turning the matter into energy and that would explode the black hole

No.

A black hole's gravity is so strong it warps space/time trapping the energy.
>>
>>687578288

Matter and energy are the same thing. In a black hole there is no distinction.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Somebody explain string theory in a way that my retarded ass can understand.
>>
>>687578288
if all the matter were turned to energy there would be zero mass and therefor zero gravity. But there would also be a huge amount of energy
>>
>>687575733
It's a thought experiment to show how crazy the Copenhagen Interpretation is when scaled up to things sized on our order of magnitude.
>>
>>687577760
The big bang happened when there was nothing absolutely nothing, no space etc, and were supposed to believe that eveything in the universe came from one expanding atom that didn't even exist.

Retards will believe anything.
>>
>>687579138
It came from a singularity from another universe like OP said. Duh
>>
>>687576645
By proofs I meant evidence, yes, I know what a theory is, but you need evidence too to prove that an hypothesis is not viable. So it just stays in stand by until some part of the evidence show us the way (to work on the hypothesis or to refuse it.) You can't just say no because you think it won't work.
>>
>>687577237
The issue is that there is a time without causation.

>>687577760
A theory is a theory because there is evidence. Theories aren't absolute and are refined every day, but you don't have a theory with zero evidence. There is no cause for the big bang and that's where the issue arises, but we can explain everything after a certain amount of time (something like 10^-6 seconds, maybe smaller).

>>687578242
Theory has a specific meaning in a scientific context. It isn't the same as how theory is used in common english.
>>
>>687572119

meh. you'll get bored after the 20th planet.
>>
>>687578242
Read >>687579470
>>
>>
>>687569467
If you believe in talking snakes and a 6000 year old earth, I'm sure multiple universes won't be too much of a stretch for you, faggot
>>
>>687578805

>if all the matter were turned to energy...

We don't understand the physics in black holes. They can, in theory, radiate away.
>>
>>687579138
We don't know what caused it, that's the issue. We also don't know that there was nothing before, we just don't know what was before. There is no theory for what happened at time 0 because there is no explanation. It's not like god is an acceptable answer either, though.
>>
>>687579138
>The big bang happened when there was nothing absolutely nothing, no space

The idea of "nothing" is meaningless before the existence of space/time. There was no "before", as we understand it.
>>
>>687579715
>The issue is that there is a time without causation.

That's nonsensical.
>>
Any of you play Elite: Dangerous?
>>
File: 71R18PXCG7L__SS500_.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
71R18PXCG7L__SS500_.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>687567606

fan of MWI here, 'we are each in the midst of many worlds' is orthodox zen buddhism
>>
>>687579805
I like you
>>
Welp, I've tried to do my damage control, but just know a lot of you are stating theories for facts that are yet to be proven, thus invalidating the conclusion you get from them. You guys are looking for answers and explanations to things that currently have none.

>>687578805
You can't say that there would be zero gravity because we still don't know how gravity works. Massless particals can be affected by gravity, so who is to say a pure energy state would not generate some gravity in large amounts?

>>687579138
Once again l, my point was that it was a theory and thus unproven. I don't really care if it happened or not, I was just trying to point out that no one can state it as fact to support a theory.

>>687579715
Your more on the right track on explaining why it is a theory. I agree there is supporting evidence, but you seem to be one of the only reasonable ones in here that realize none of this is proven so you can't really use it to support reasoning behind something as abstract as a black hole.

/thread
>>
>>687567606

am reading 'Black Hole War' by Lawrence Krause, real physicist, recommended, not woowoo
>>
File: RichardHammond01.jpg (82 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
RichardHammond01.jpg
82 KB, 620x465
>>
>>687581252
This is actually true bc if it wasn't round it wouldn't be a planet yet
>>
>>687567606
"Singularity sized bit of energy" that doesn't really mean anything. And the energy 'becoming a new universe' shit is like sayin 'what if every particle that entered the black hole became a wedge of cheese'. There's not theoretical or experimental basis for saying that, you're literally just mashing words together at this point
>>
>>687581429
>>687581252
Round =/= spherical
>>
>>687581541
Piss off nigger the earth isn't perfectly spherical
It's flat
>>
>>687567606
Hey OP, can I use this for an album cover? Where did you get it?
>>
>>687581625
What the fuck are you trying to say? I know it's not a sphere
>>
>>687580751
Yeah, I like people who knows how to debate. I like solid arguments. Thanks for this night /b/ hope there was more of these and less trap, sissy, shota, rolls. Sometimes I enjoy this place. Thanks ppl
>>
>>687579751
i think this. The demo was a horribly executed, poorly planned failure. So what if there are that many planets? What's there to explore?

Try spaceengine.
>>
>>687575631
Science has a very sexy ass.
>>
>>687575282
>It might be tricky to visualize it, but on acid I could see it with perfect clarity.
No you couldn't. Your retard mind just thought it could because it didn't know what the fuck was going on.
Im sure it doesnt even really make sense what you were picturing. Stop acting like using substances to destroy your brain makes you enlightened.
>>
>>687582268
Kekd.
>>
>>687581463
Like everyone said before, just wondering about the unknown.
>>
>>687568247
idk why but this is cracking me up thanks niggaer
>>
>>687582545
Not really wondering as such as 'making stuff up'
>>
>>687582045
There have not been any real solid arguments presented in this thread man... Exibit A: >>687580909

At least those threads objectively accomplished something (getting that nut). I don't think any of you have walked away with any greater understanding of how the universe works, least of all its least understood objects. You guys want to really learn the extent of how much we really know? Someone explain how gravity works... Protip: you can't because physicists don't even know. We can describe what it does, but no one knows how to this date.
>>
Well...

Current models in quantum physics show that black holes probably don't actually exist.

Instead the singularities we refer to as black holes are actually dark energy stars, which are just on the verge or breaking the laws of physics like black holes do, but don't quite do it.

They are basically at a saturation point for mass, and additional mass that falls into them is ejected as radiation and dark energy. And they gradually decay, shooting out those jets of energy and dark energy that all 'black holes' have.

That way hawking radiation can be a real thing that exists, instead of total bullshit like it is for black holes.
>>
>>687582926
Make a guess about what happens in a black hole then. It's fun. Stop being so uptight and realize that nobody really fucking knows.
>>
>>687580114
they are radiating away
>see Hawkin radiation
>>
>>687567606
alex woa
>>
>>687582926
OP started with "what if". That usually equates to "hey guys I'm about to make some shit up." I'm not sure what you expected.
>>
>>687580909
mass-less particles don't create gravity
>>
>>687583178

Oh, also, non-quantum physicists theorize that gravity genuinely only exists as a 2 dimensional construct.

And that when you fall into a black hole you are forced into a 2 dimensional existence, spread around the interior of the event horizon in a sphere (because even though we experience spheres as 3 dimensional objects, if you only experience the exterior surface it's indistinguishable from a 2 dimensional plane that wraps around, like in a video game).
>>
>>687567606
I know a girl who's vagina could house a black hole, and it sucks in anything you can possibly think of putting in it.
>>
>>687583401
No, you made a statement and I said it's meaningless. You're just waffling. It's like saying "what if instead of shooting people ISIS just slapped infidels with a wet fish", except you're trying to pass it off as some profound shit because it's spacey.
>>
>>687582268
If my brain thought it could perceive, understand and visualize it, then I'm telling the truth when I say I could see it with perfect clarity. This is how perception works.
No person can ever experience an objective truth or reality.
So should I tell you, you're not really seeing anything yellow when looking at pic related? After all your monitor only gives off red blue and green light, so it's just your "retard mind" not knowing what the fuck is going on that's telling you what you see is yellow. Should I tell you your retard mind is tricking you when you look at a movie and think you see motion?
asshole
>>
>>687583928
Going back to the point of my whole argument, HOW CAN YOU PROVE THAT? As I said here >>687582979, gravity is an unproven force. It has a lot of evidence that it exists (duh), but no one has proven how it works. If you have done your research, you would know that the higgs bozon is the current running best explanation. If you did further research, you would know that the higgs bozon is a field of massless particles that assign mass to other particles.

So what happened here is I just disproved what you said with the best running theory of how things work. To reiterate though, IT IS FUCKING POINTLESS TO SAY THESE THINGS BECAUSE THEY ARE UNPROVEN. YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TO THINGS THAT HAVE NONE YET
>>
>>687582979
I dont care if this people know shit. Maybe its my moral fetish or idk. But I like when people try to deduce things. When they use they little knowledge to try to explain something. That feeling, with the right guidance and knowledge... is what fed our actual science. I don't care if their hypothesis are dumb as shit. But that's just because they don't know shit. Nowadays, scientists stop making hypothesis, and just work with what they are sure it's valid. That doesn't work in physics theory formulation. You need to use what you know to try to explain something. The more you know, the more accurate you'll be. That's why I enjoyed this post. I enjoyed reading all their hypothesis, trying to comprehend where the idea came from... it was really interesting, yes, all were dumb theories, but as I said... that's because they don't have enough knowledge yet... imagine what they could do if they had.
>>
File: Kabahs-tawaf-of-hajis.jpg (250 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Kabahs-tawaf-of-hajis.jpg
250 KB, 900x600
>>687567606
looks like muslim pilgramage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGukAoiGhZU
>>
>>687584662
Kekd
>>
>>687585178
I like listening to what people thing too, I really do. But people here are trying to disprove other people with facts that aren't facts. If we all agree this is a thread about theory, im fine with that, but people need to stop acting like they are certain in what they are talking about when their is no certainty in a lot of this.
>>
File: yellow but not really.png (1 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
yellow but not really.png
1 KB, 400x341
>>687582268
>>687584736
:^)
>>
>>687584721
I said I wasn't an astrophysicist. This is a thread open to discussion of ideas, theories, facts or whatever. And you're the one waffling about slapping infidels with fish dipshit. Also you have yet to offer anything useful to the thread and insist on telling everyone they are babbling. Don't like the thread then get the fuck out.
>>
>>687584736
There is a big difference between how our mind perceives reality, vs taking substances that make your perception retarded and your thought process gibberish.
Anything you thought, or think you could visualize, while destroying your brain has no creditably. Your visualization probably made no sense whatsoever at the time.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.