[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any transfags lurking rn? I'm looking to start HRT soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13
File: tumblr_o6290sDqC81sqvybwo1_540.jpg (40 KB, 540x343) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6290sDqC81sqvybwo1_540.jpg
40 KB, 540x343
Any transfags lurking rn? I'm looking to start HRT soon (2 ish months) and am looking for any advice/guidance or even just stories and stuff you generally go through. MtF/18
>>
What's it like to have a severe mental illness?
>>
>>687237690
come on now
you know where you are
i hope you got some self-pics on deck ready to go for us
>>
File: 1425002368975.png (2 MB, 1328x960) Image search: [Google]
1425002368975.png
2 MB, 1328x960
Here's a great HRT reference image.
>>
>>687238136
what do you want? I'm PRE-HRT and look like ass and am completely boy mode so.
>>
>>687237690
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>687238669
ya sure
lets see the empty canvas, ma'lady
>>
>>687238669
hurry up and post before 404
>>
>>687237690
Kill yourself you fucking freak.
>>
File: 1464759031172-1221788675.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1464759031172-1221788675.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
got a nasty scar (looks worse irl) from surgery I had to get when I had cancer
>>
>>687237690
No such thing. You're just a gay man with a mental illness. You cannot become a girl any more than you could become a dinosaur.

Get therapy before you wind up killing yourself, please.
>>
>>687239663
appreciate the pic
was hoping a face
but, i take what i can get ;3
>>
>>687239663
So, you survived cancer, and now you want to do this shit to yourself? Why the fuck would you do that? Most people who've had a brush with death would want to go out and live life to the fullest, not mutilate their genitals in a vain attempt to realize a hopeless delusion.
>>
>>687237690
Hey op. Also MtF, but early thirties. Look a lot younger though. Started spiro last year, gonna start hormones this year. Questions?
>>
Hrt gives a good chance of breast cancer.

Beware- You're in for a scare
>>
>>687240211
This is stupid. I also survived cancer. If anything, it convinces you to get on with this because you're only alive for so long and it gets intolerable to live in a way that feels unnatural.

>>687240512
This isn't entirely accurate.
>>
>>687240385
Yeah. Why would you do this to yourself and why do you think it's a good idea to encourage other people to engage in self-destructive behavior?
>>
>>687237690
You're gonna regret this in a few weeks when nobody wants to spend time with you
>>
I'm looking to go for HrT... But have no idea where to do it... or how to get it.
>>
>>687239871
here's a face one, starting to grow my hair (literally just started lol) just came out to me family a bit ago and to anyone wondering I'm probably NOT cutting my dick off and I don't mind the possibility of cancer again
>>
>>687240790
See a therapist and tell them how gay you are.
>>
>>687240569
It feels unnatural because you have a chemical imbalance in your brain. Do you think lopping off your cock and trying to make yourself look like, at best, a ghoulish caricature of a woman is really going to make you feel better about your body?

There's a reason post-op transsexuals have a suited rate over 20 times higher than average.

Get treatment. You need therapy, not surgery.
>>
File: Snapchat-4393440776001449802.jpg (753 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4393440776001449802.jpg
753 KB, 1440x2560
>>687240920
forgot pic in retarded, also I understand it's a mental illness or whatever but imo this is the equivalent of giving anti depressants to the depressed.
>>
>>687239663
Pretty sure you still have cancer, anon.
>>
Can't you homos just settle for fucking crossdressing? Or just being a faggot? Taking your body through retarded medicinal cycles only to realize by the end of it you're even uglier than before... It's seriously a prolonged suicide.
>>
>>687240385
well I've heard generally it's better to start sooner and I've done LOTS of thinking and am as sure as I believe I could get to commite to it but how long on average does it take to get from seeing a psychologist/therapist before you can get the hormones started?
>>
HRT fucks up the facial structure horribly, and you just end up being so horrifying that no one would want you. Especially deciding to start this shit so late in life.
That disgusting freak Bruce is on hormones and still looks like same old Bruce with a fucking wig
>>
>>687240649
Because it is, of all the options available to people like us, the one with the greatest chance of a positive outcome. It is an imperfect solution that is nonetheless superior to all others. It is not self-destructive, and had you the requisite training in biology you'd know that.

Oh, but you, an edgy little anon, must surely know more than medical professionals, right?

>>687240994
Your understanding of the biology behind this is kind of primitive. Not all of us are out for surgery--OP isn't, and I'm not. And it doesn't always matter to us whether we pass. I'd like to, and I have a really good chance of doing so, though I don't really care if people know.

For the record, "chemical imbalance in the brain" makes you sound like a child trying to describe a nuclear reactor. Our brains received doses of hormones in utero that caused them to develop along a path that did not match how our bodies did. To treat this, we use everything from therapy to hormones and in some cases surgery. "Chemical imbalance" is laughably oversimplified.

And your suicide stats are way off. We have a far better chance of surviving if we do transition. Not that I'd expect you to know this.
>>
>>687241070
No it isn't, because you can stop taking anti-depressants and it doesn't have any long-term effects. Hormones fuck with your body and do have long-term effects, and gender reassignment surgery is obviously permanent and irreversible.

That is a retarded comparison.

Also, you are not going to look good as a "woman". Your features are not even remotely feminine. You're going to look ridiculous and probably wind up killing yourself because of how ugly you are.
>>
>>687240994

>>this
Best advice you gonna get, take it
>>
>>687241590
Sorry, my bad. I thought I was on /b/ not fucking NPR.

Get that propaganda out of here.
>>
>>687241590
>pseudoscience and "progressive" jargon: the post
>>
File: my thread.jpg (58 KB, 685x550) Image search: [Google]
my thread.jpg
58 KB, 685x550
>>687237690
>>
File: pencil not working.jpg (31 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
pencil not working.jpg
31 KB, 500x337
>>687242072
>>
>>687241442
I'm guessing you're in the States, OP. I'm in Canada and talked to a counselor for two months before she tried me on spiro and referred me to a specialty clinic. Last fall I got prescribed 'mones, just not ready to take them yet. It might be different for you depending on your jurisdiction. I was lucky, too, because I had seen this counselor before and she knew I was very deliberate about this sort of thing and had been stewing over it a while.

>>687241496
HRT does not affect bone structure in the face whatsoever.

>>687241659
You're an idiot.

>>687241883
NPR? Okay, so I'm the one citing the best medical knowledge we have right now, and you're spouting off like an uneducated twelve-year-old, and I'm the one with the propaganda? Suck my dick.

>>687241989
I'm amused that you even know the term "pseudoscience," but being able to wave it about in here does not make you correct. You are, quite simply, wrong, and no amount of your bitching and whining can make that any different.

>>687242072
>>687242160
Oh hi Spidey.
>>
>>687242213
You are disgusting. Deal with it. The points have been made. It's only natural to defend your filth.
>>
>>687241659
I know there are some obviously male characteristics to my face but I look nearly the same as my sister and I feel like with a little effort and HRT I'd be completely passable honestly. also the only irreversible things to do with hormones are breast tissue development and possibly becoming sterile which I already am from chemotherapy in the past. also, I'm 18
>>
>>687242213
>>687241989
Also, progressive jargon? Seriously? At what point did I engage in such a thing? You're pretty bad at this, but your persistence is impressive.
>>
File: 1364606189250.jpg (41 KB, 590x493) Image search: [Google]
1364606189250.jpg
41 KB, 590x493
>>687242213
>>
>>687242213
actually, I'm in Canada, West coast.
good to know it doesn't take a fucking year or so, I've heard in some places it takes like 6 months or so before you can start ANYTHING.
>>
>>687242330
You've never seen me, and you don't know a damned thing about me. Meanwhile, you're pretty content to be a dipshit. I'd call that disgusting. And yes, your points have been made. They were bad and you should feel bad. You've proven nothing, persuaded nobody aside from the other dipshits who already believe the same unscientific bullshit you do, and there's no hope for you. So you do you, pal.

>>687242339
Yeah don't listen to that dipshit. Hormones can do a fuck of a lot.

>>687242407
S-spidey talked to me! ^/////^
>>
File: slap a bitch.jpg (54 KB, 587x351) Image search: [Google]
slap a bitch.jpg
54 KB, 587x351
>>687242856
>>
>>687242646
I'm lucky, I was referred to the only clinic in Ontario that doesn't pathologise gender issues. Other places make you wait and go through all kinds of gatekeeping, and CAMH is famous for being a complete goddamn clusterfuck which just had to be told by the provincial government a couple months ago NOT to recommend the equivalent of "conversion therapy" for kids.
>>
>>687242971
Don't make a girl a promise you can't keep, Petey.
>>
File: 6253.jpg (41 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
6253.jpg
41 KB, 544x400
>>687243189
>>
>>687243327
Oooooh, again, again!

Fuck I wish I could remember what I did with my Spiderman folder.

Anyway OP, this thread's a clusterfuck through no fault of yours. But keep at it. If you don't find a counselor or therapist who will play ball with you, keep looking until you do. Seek out people like you nearby or in places online that are a little better than this (though this is where I got my start too), and keep at it. You'll do fine.
>>
>>687242856
you are mentally ill. society will look back upon this chapter of history in horror only decades from now when they read about how gender dysphoria used to be treated, just as we do today for electroshock therapy and lobotomies
>>
File: 9475077.jpg (6 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
9475077.jpg
6 KB, 194x260
>>687237690
We must purge the Earth of these degenerate abominations.
>>
>>687243658
thanks anon, you've been awesome. best of luck on your journey!
>>
I love how this is "not" a mental illness, there are people out there who try to cut their Own arms and legs off, because they dont feel it belongs to Them, are we gonna cut their limbo off? Fuck no. We try to help Them to overcome their illness, but Wanting to cut your Own dick off becouse it dont feel like yours is perfectly normal, fuck off with your "reasoning" you guys are so sick you cant even see we just want to help you not destroy yourself.
>>
>>687243731
Actually, no, we won't at all, and people like you will rightly be looked at as the degenerate morons you are. But thanks for trying one more time.

I am eminently sane. And I've gone on to do more in my life than you ever will, over the objections of worthless fuckheads like you. You simply don't matter. See, the thing about biology is it's supported by evidence, unlike a damn thing you've said. Think long and hard about why this means so much to you that you felt you had to come in here and insist that dumbass falsehoods are true. Think about your motivations.

>>687243889
Hitler-san, I thought you'd never show up!
>>
>>687243731
i am not trying to be unkind by calling you mentally ill btw. i truly and honestly believe you are in the grips of something terrible and society is helping you carry out actions that will leave you worse off than if they had left you to suffer untreated. if you are (in?)lucky enough you might share that opinion in time
>>
>>687244126
We don't. All. Want. Bottom. Surgery.

If you took five minutes to research this you'd be less than half as stupid.

>>687244140
Well, thanks for that, but you're wrong, and every single medical professional I've seen thinks so. I'll take their professional opinions over yours, especially since I'm assuming you're not educated at all, never mind in medicine. I am being treated, and am happier than I've ever been. So yeah. Make of it what you will.

>>687244063
I'm doing great so far. I'm facially passable already and I haven't even started hormones yet, just spiro. I'm not worried.
>>
>>687244128
i'm not the person you were replying to earlier and im not calling you any names. there is no strong evidence that your urge to change genders is anything other than a mental illness. you have no inherent brain biology or any other magical internal structure that objectively justifies your transition. the beauty of science is that it will be left indisputably clear that this is the case in enough time but pseudoscience can run rampant for a long time before it is reigned in by evidence. it will be too late for you personally by then.
>>
>>687244471
But a lot of you do want surgery, Should we just ingnore those poor souls?
>>
>>687244592
>there is no strong evidence that your urge to change genders is anything other than a mental illness
Yes there is. Just because you haven't been exposed to it does not mean it does not exist.

>you have no inherent brain biology or any other magical internal structure that objectively justifies your transition
Not that I require objective justification, but it is in fact the case that brain structures in trans people more closely resemble the brains of cis people of our identified gender than those of the gender we were assigned. So, I guess you have some reading to do.

>the beauty of science is that it will be left indisputably clear that this is the case in enough time but pseudoscience can run rampant for a long time before it is reigned in by evidence
That's exactly what is happening, but not in the direction you think.

>it will be too late for you personally by then
I'd love to bet you a hundred bucks on this, but I'd feel bad for taking money from an idiot.

>>687244751
Of course not. But surgery is not the core of what they want. And they do not think surgery itself will fix everything. It does, however, address genital dysphoria, which some of us have stronger than others. I think the issue may be more complex than you're prepared to admit.
>>
>>687245075
>LALALALALALA
>whatever I think is true must be true

Pfft.
>>
File: 1431258424687.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1431258424687.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>687245210
>arguing with the mentally ill
What did you expect?
>>
>>687245075
You just Said you all have genital dysphoria, some more than others, you wont say thats a mental illness?
>>
>>687245210
I see you've taken to dismissing what you don't want to hear. Now look, kiddo. I'm a scientist. I don't just think things because I want to think them. I follow the evidence. And the evidence here is on my side, not yours. You can deny all you want, but it'll never make you right. And frankly, you're scarcely qualified to issue those denials at all.
>>
>>687245578
I didn't say that. Your reading comprehension is poor enough to lead you to believe I did. But still, you don't get to just point to things I say and yowl that they constitute mental illness. You are not qualified to discern it.

>>687245565
Neither are you.

A lot of you really need to think carefully about whether you have fucking medical degrees and are therefore qualified to identify and categorise mental illnesses. If you are not qualified, you are simply making yourself look dumb when you blather on about it.
>>
>>687237690
Harder to get hard, irritablility your first week, you may link cycles with girls
>>
What does Hrt do exactly?
>>
>>687246058
The whole syncing-up thing is a myth, even among cis girls, though. If you're really lucky you won't have erectile dysfunction, but it's likely to at least become more inconsistent. I can still get fantastic hard-ons, but I have to take advantage of them when I do because they don't last for hours like they used to.

>>687246158
Long story short, changes skin texture, changes hair texture and distribution, changes body fat distribution (including growing breasts and hips and ass etc.) and affects moods.
>>
>>687245075
i have done a lot of reading and that is how I have come to my conclusions (including many of the abstracts of n<30 studies i suspect you are alluding to)
>>
>>687246785
Try reading more. Try looking at the standards of care and the studies that informed them, and the general consensus in the field. It is that way for a reason. And no, I'm not talking specifically about low-n studies. Also, come on, at least read intros and conclusions if you're gonna do it the lazy way, not just abstracts.
>>
>>687247130
And, I might add, don't just cherrypick studies you think fit your established and preferred narrative. That way lies error.
>>
Fuck it, let Them be miserable, let Them be who they are, miserable, let Them cut Their shit of, let them Mold their bodys, then let Them realise they are even more miserable, and let Them kill Them selfes, they dont want help, and frankly, i'm too tired of this shit to try and reason. But While you do all this shit, pls dont yell discrimination, we were just trying to help you poor sods.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-01-02-23-25.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-01-02-23-25.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>687238620
Boi. Looking like an Altmer ass ol' head ass. Get the fuck outta here with that Elven looking ass, boi. Gay ass gold flowery armor, boi. Ol' superior magic ass face ass. Fuckin' Straight Outta Auridon, nigga. Bruh looks like he's legendaried his mother fucking restoration and destruction twice. Ol' punk ass. Outlander looking ass.
>>
>>687247500
Help yourself first. Like, help yourself to a dictionary and learn to spell.
>>
>>687247634
...Boomhauer, is that you? When'd you move to Cyrodiil?
>>
>>687247650
Nice1 brah
>>
fuck off cancer
>>
>>687247862
Yee
>>
So anyway, OP, it's been a slice, but the stupid is pretty strong in here right now and I'd like to actually sleep tonight, so I'm out. Congrats on also beating cancer, by the way. Stick to your guns. You're gonna run into plenty of dipshits. Rise above. Focus on science.
>>
>>687247650
Last time I opened a dictionary, I caught a glimpse of the entry for "whiny loser," saw you, and couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>687247416
i think you are a reflection of your criticisms, so we are at an impasse.
>>
>>687248248
>I'm getting my panties in a twist because people disagree with me
>I'm totally not running off to cry!
>I j-just need to sleep, that's all!
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.