[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rugby vs. Anerican Football Which sport is manlier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 300x213) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 300x213
Rugby vs. Anerican Football

Which sport is manlier?
>>
I'm not being paid by any organization so I'm not going to argue about any of this but I prefer American football, probably because I was brought up with it and all the traditions developed around it.

If I grew up somewhere that rugby was more popular I'd probably feel this way towards rugby.
>>
I grew up in north america and mainly was exposed to football but preferred rugby just for the fact is was more technical. I personally got a bigger rush out of playing rugby than football but that is just me. In seconds this thread is going to flood with faggots arguing stupid shit. I had to stop playing rugby because of multiple concussions, people get the same in football.
>>
English faggot here. Rugby is a better (manlier) sport but football is way more fun to watch, I kind of prefer the way that it's all commercialized.
>>
canada fag here played rugby like 6 years in highschool and for the maralomas and i say football is more manly

those pads really hurt in more ways than the almost padless rugby

getting speared with a helmet in the mack or chest hurts way more and happens way more often than a head butt in rugby

that being said playing rugby i broke 5 fingers one toe numerous ribs collar bone and dislocated my shoulder twice over my career
>>
>>687128510
Canfag too nigger where in did you play? Im assuming east coast or southern ontario?
>>
People will say "Oh Rugby players don't wear pads they so manly" But! as a Rugby player I can tell you, you are aware of your own limits, you don't hit as hard as they do in AMF
But the technicality and physical fitness needed is a lot higher in Rugby, as there aren't as many stops, This year in the IReland Wales match in the 6 Nations there was about 30+ Phases of play without stop, roughly 8 minutes of play, the players were dead on their feet as it was 8 minutes of constant attack and defence. Was a fucking spectacle.
>>
>>687128148
If rugby is manlier, why is it that football hits are 3x harder?
>>
both are pretty gay fampai
>>
>>687128990
Look at my post >>687128986
>>
>>687128986
Beautiful. Very true. Ever been in a rolling maul? Theyre savage.
>>
I certainly like watching American more, but I think rugby could be considered manlier.
>>
>>687128986
>8 minutes of play... dead on their feet... attack and defense
Makes me think of Olympic wrestling
>>
>>687129180
Played as a hooker for 4 years before moving to the second row. When a maul Collapses and you're at the bottom, it feels like a tonne of fucking bricks falling on top of you, not to mention the slight digs you get from peoples hands and boots when they try and clamber to their feet
>>
>>687128986
You're fucking retarded. If rugby players were such good athletes like you say, they would hit just as harder as football players.

Rugby players don't think "oh gee whiz I'm not wearing any protection, I won't hit this guy very hard". No you dumbass, they still hit as hard as they can (which isn't very hard compared to football players).
>>
>>687129377
in olympic wrestling you burn almost all your energy in 3 minutes
>>
File: 1439019071640.jpg (36 KB, 530x482) Image search: [Google]
1439019071640.jpg
36 KB, 530x482
>>687128986
100% agreed, played both sports while in high school. also found rugby to just be a more fun sport to play. probably because high school football is always dead serious a good amount of the time. while rugby after the game, they bring out food and basically have a BBQ right than and there. God damn do i miss rugby
>>
>>687129421
Yup it fucking hurts. I played inside or outside center so i had the ball 90% of the time during any plays involving the backs, getting nigger piled by a bunch of forwards sucks.
>>
>>687129476
Yeah, but that's not the point, if we had stops every 2 minutes, and went off the field of play, yeah we'd hit harder, but after 80 minutes of playing, you think your body could put up with that punishment?
Also, why hit hard if you can just take them by the waist, and bring them down just as easily. Look at peter stringer, he could bring down players 6 foot+ tall it's all about technique.
Also, they way you tackle in rugby, if you go in as hard as an American footballer and get it wrong and collide with someones knee, your neck will snap like Kindling
>>
>>687129476
>calls somebody retarded
>makes a retarded statement with no experience to back it
Retard.
>>
>>687129578
If that's your strat, you'd better be tech-ing or pinning everyone in those three minutes: matches are two periods of 3 minutes. I still think it's the most sporty-sport that there is.
>>
File: rugby-vs-handegg.jpg (93 KB, 720x488) Image search: [Google]
rugby-vs-handegg.jpg
93 KB, 720x488
>>687126493

The answer could not be more obvious
>>
File: 1414744242300.jpg (74 KB, 713x531) Image search: [Google]
1414744242300.jpg
74 KB, 713x531
>>687129476
have you ever played rugby? cause it sounds like you haven't, if you try and hit someone as hard as you can you also run the risk of injuring yourself. ive seen it happen. and also you are constantly running, getting tackled, getting up, and more running. you dont just hit 100% all the time, you will only wear yourself out even more.
>>
File: men-vs-faggots.jpg (81 KB, 844x603) Image search: [Google]
men-vs-faggots.jpg
81 KB, 844x603
>>687129476
Opinion discarded
>>
>>687129476
Rugby players play for 40 minutes straight, then another 40 minutes straight. American football players are all fat burger eatin fucks that need breaks every 5 minutes.
>>
American Football. Ask Jarryd Hayne. All you have to do is go look at the hits in American Football games. Sean Taylor drilling a punter in the probowl for instance. Had the punter not been wearing pads, he would have been dead or seriously injured. Also, not to bring up a cliche argument, a 200 LB running back is getting slammed at full speed by a guy like Dontari Poe-330 lbs runs a sub 5 second 40-the dude needs pads. He would be clinging to life in the ICU otherwise. I think sports science did a show in which they calculated the energy put forth from a line backer and it was the equivalent of being hit by a small car.
>>
>>687130434
Exactly our point, Rugby players cannot hit that hard, they'll be dead
Also, as you don't have to bind your arms in American football means you can hit harder
>>
>>687126493
Ice hockey is the only correct answer for this question.
>>
>>687130634
Do you ever get a full sprint going in rugby? In football a receiver can catch a ball and get blindsided by a safety running full speed. Is there an equivalent in rugby? I've really only seen two matches. They aren't really on TV in the states
>>
Anyone have that Brian Dawkins gif of the eagle tackle?
>>
One is a sport
The other one is a way to tranquilize your mind between two commercials.

Also, in the first one there is no doping
>>
>>687130634
They hit that hard I guarantee you. But it is generally not intentional ...
>>
>>687126493
read this and never ask that question ever again
www[]badassoftheweek[]com/shelford.html
>>
>>687130434
This. If the worlds best rugby player couldn't make it in the NFL, why do you idiots still think rugby is the manlier sport?
>>
>>687129943
I fucking love these pics. I would definitely play rugby if I weren't such a puss.
>>
I expected faggotry but instead this thread is filled with legit answers.

britfag here. Rugby is much more tough on the human body but american football is a brilliant sport to watch
>>
>>687127760
American football is fucking cool to watch. (Even if i dont understand a shit)

But i prefer rugby 'cause like you said i grow up with this
>>
>>687130883
look up jonah lomu
he sprinted right over the top of four other mother fuckers to score a try
>>
>>687126493
are you realy choosing sports by their manliness?
>>
>>687130883
Yeah, most of the line breaks are full sprints, i'll find a few on Youtube
>>
>>687129850
This
>>
>>687130750
Creative answer, you're right. That shit's badass.
>>
>>687126493
>Which sport is manlier?
Figure Skating
>>
Im pretty sure. The was a friendly between an american football team and a rugby team in the uk. They both played a match of each sport. And the american football players couldnt rugby. But the rugby players could football. Hmmmm
>>
>>687132048
>American football is fucking cool to watch
For about ten seconds at a time. Then everything suddenly stops, and the players just mill about uselessly for a while.

Seriously, American handegg is the most boring sport in the world. It's really just designed to sell TV adverts. That's why a game is divided into quarters - to allow for more ad breaks.
>>
>>687130883
Alasana Tualagi Is a great example of a sprinter, also an immense tackler
>>
>>687132385
>source: my ass
>>
File: OK_with_Jim.jpg (69 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
OK_with_Jim.jpg
69 KB, 570x428
>>687130410
Underrated post.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 200x200
>>
as an American I'll be the first to say without bias that rugby is much more manlier, followed by soccer, followed by lacrosse, followed by golf, followed by volleyball, followed by American football.
>>
When looking at the professional game, I think Rugby is a bit more refined, the players could go out and cause Career ending tackles, but they don't. It's respectable, sure they fight punch and gouge each other at times, but when all is said and done, they know it's a game, and each member of the opposing team is actually a great player wether representing their Team or Country and don't want to ruin their careers.
In american football people get off on the big hits wayyy to much.
>>
File: 2634528236.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
2634528236.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>687130410
>>687132671
>>
>>687132104
Of course we are.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1109x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1109x707
Option C: hockey
>>
>>687132293
You're a badass if you can do that confidently.
>>
>>687132934
>As an American
Spotted the britbong
>>
>>687131774
When did Jonah lomu try? Or any good Player? You turn on the road tv and they say somebody moved over from Rugby (League) so he must be the world's best Rugby player. Also hayne did well with athleticism and running up the field. He just was very prone to fumbling, which no Team can afford
>>
>>687133095
So you're dissing Figure Skating?
>>
>>687133294
U wot m8
>>
>>687132080
I just looked up Jonah Lomu. Google said he was dead.

Another victory for football I suppose.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGJxXetrv_g
This is another great thing i love about Rugby, those last ditch tackles are fucking great, or crippling as a Spectator/Supporter
>>
(Nothing to do with the sport being manlier)
But you do get international matches with Rugby, which just bring a whole new level of excitement when watching it as a supporter of a country (England myself)
But then again we're not talking about what sport is better.
>>
>>687129476
Herp derp football players hit harder. Well you've got burger eating 300lb niggers who's only job is to charge 30 feet then rest 2 minutes before your next charge.

How hard you hit isn't the only qualification for a manly sport

>>687131774
The worlds top boxer probably wouldn't make it in either sport, following your logic, a boxer is manly then yes?
>>
>>687132048
I prefer to watch rugby, but football is nice to watch in a group, you have the pauses for talking and banter or getting food and Drinks. All that without missing something. Even girls and fags who aren't into Sports keep entertained. A Rugby Match is more about the actual game
>>
>>687133416
he's dead because no one that awesome can live for long
>>
>>687133416
Life expectancy for rugby players - 71
Source - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-42185/Rugby-League-Whiff-hypocrisy.html

Life expectancy for American Football players - 55
Source - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/life-expectancy-of-55-shocks-cflers-into-push-for-safety/article575851/?service=mobile

Is dying young a win?
>>
File: rockymarcianoarticle.jpg (17 KB, 250x314) Image search: [Google]
rockymarcianoarticle.jpg
17 KB, 250x314
Football and Rugby are both pretty manly.

My dad once witnessed a fight in a bar between two of his friends (they were brothers, both skinny manlets) versus some drunk college football players. He said his buddy hit one of the football players as hard as he possibly could and the guy didn't even flinch.

I also knew a rugby player. Not sure if he was a professional player because rugby isnt popular here at all, most rugby players have day jobs here. The dude was 6'3, easily 220 and mostly muscle, loves to fight.

Hard to say which is more manly, people get killed and crippled playing both sports.I think most sports players are manly, unless you play tennis.
>>
They're about the same.

Rugby is about the defense, Football is the attack.

They're not overly different sports besides the attack/defense style, and I guess Football is a bit more organized while Rugby is a bit more chaotic.

I wouldn't say one or the other is really more manly than the other, just different organizations of the same thing..
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.