[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a p-psychologist anything! Back by popular demand: I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 25
File: psysjssj.jpg (60 KB, 540x600) Image search: [Google]
psysjssj.jpg
60 KB, 540x600
Ask a p-psychologist anything!

Back by popular demand: I'm h-here for you Anonymous! Don't s-suffer in silence alone!
>>
How do I know if I am depressed
>>
>>686848674
Why havent killed yourself yet?
>>
>>686848758
when sadness persists for more than two weeks and affects your ability to function at work, at home, or in other aspects of your life, you may have what's known as major, or clinical, depression.
>>
>>686848758
If you're wondering if you're depressed, you're probably depressed.
>>
>>686848937
Many people with bipolar depression are suicidal. Not all, of course, but many. Most people with bipolar depression, in fact, most people who are suicidal, do not kill themselves though. In fact, you can live with suicidality for years without ever killing yourself or even attempting to kill yourself.
>>
Am i dumb
>>
>>686849235
You are a person who wrote this very accurately without mistakes. You are a person who understands you truly and wants a change. These are bright qualities. I think you are trying to become a first class human being in everything you see around; like excellent in all subjects, leadership in every associations, a wonderful orator, exceptional film actor, etc. Well, this is not possible. You can be excellent in one or perhaps two things. Find out the best skill in you and develop it to the best so that the world finds the exceptional person in you.

Now, a technique of being the best student in any subject is as old as the world itself - work on it again and again. I never passed in my maths when I was in school and I found it difficult to pass in the final School Leaving Exam. My mother took me to an old maths teacher who put me to work with old question papers in maths, thousands of them. I got 86% marks in maths.

For fast and logical thinking to develop, try playing chess. While reading imagin through the words.
Dream it, draw it in the mind.
>>
>>686849235
Yes you are retarded cunt
>>
why do i sleep so much and have no motivation to do anything but sleep?
>>
>>686849366
You don’t like it? Too fucking bad. Your acceptance of your beliefs means that you are being retarded, and there’s no way around it. Fuck you, you fucking retards. I’m sick of pretending your idiotic “arguments” are even remotely sensible. You’re a fucking retard, eating retarded shit and calling it ice cream.
>>
Could you tell me the psychology behind ordinary girls liking hood rats?
And when do girls start to like successful guys?
>>
>>686849359
Why you are overextending all yours answers you should be more accurated like this>>686849366
>>
>>686848674
Hey, I asked this the other day but tue answer was vague, I began dating this girl I meet online, the problem is that she is 15 and I'm 21, I really love her with all my heart, and the only thing l can do is thinking about her, how bad am I?
>inb4 catfish
I'm a 100% sure she is who she says since she sent me a pic of her ID with time stamp, and we have had video calls many times
>>
>>686849484
It's also possible to get too much of a good thing, and sleeping too much could be a symptom of depression. Cora says that even for people who are managing depression, the magic number is still eight hours of shuteye. "In general, sleeping more than eight hours every night may not be as healthy," she says. "If you oversleep and experience a mood that's low or sad, this may indicate depression."
>>
>>686849235
If you're wondering if you're dumb, you're probably dumb.
>>
K-k-kill yourself OP!
>>
>>686849537
Yes im retard my mom had tested me
You shouldnt laught at me that not good but i perfectly can laught at othrr retard because im retard yoo
>>
So I found out my wife was molested by her step father from a very young age, he knows that I know and for that he has ceased all contact and everything is at peace I want to tell her family but at the same time I dont want the drama or fallout of her whole family knowing along with my own and what he would do because hes fucking crazy and would have nothing to lose if everyone knew what he did, I fucking hate him and want to get back at him but dont want any repercussions or anything backfiring
>>
>>686849561
I can't answer for most girls about what they prefer. Nor do I care what other women prefer.
However, I prefer to be with someone at my level. We have a better understanding for each other lives, career, interest and ambition.
I have dated sweethearts, losers, dirt bags& to broke asses. It was not fun taking care of anyone financially. I'll write it off as charity, but it was still a waste of my time. Choose wisely, it is an investment of your time and efforts.
>>
I just google the fucking answers im not a real psychologist
>>
http://alicelied.blogspot.com/

Who are you really talking to? How do you know?
>>
>>686850562
Google my answers you will find them
>>
>>686850562
Implying psychology is a real career
>>
Antidepressants don't work for me...why?

Also, how do I stop giving a fuck about what other people think
>>
>>686848674
I killed a bug yesterday and cut myself 43 times today because I felt bad. What do I do? What if it had a family? How can I live with myself?
>>
>>686850823
Kys
>>
>>686850861
Kys too
>>
>>686850861
Are you a woman? I kinda have a fetish for cutters
>>
File: 1463477194923.gif (917 KB, 222x172) Image search: [Google]
1463477194923.gif
917 KB, 222x172
>>686851000
checked
>>
>>686850823
First of all, there are dozens of anti depressants..... many people try for years to find the right one.... you have a long way to go before you are out of antidepressants to try..... then if they really don;t work they can try to add an anti psychotic to one of the anti depressants.. that very frequently works which is why some anti psychotic are now FDA approved to treat depression when added to an anti depressant..... there are also mood stabilizers which are more for Bipolar but Lithium often helps with depression when nothing else works..... then as a last resort there is always ECT but only as a last resort. You need to give an anti depressant at least 2 months before you really know whether or not it will work... some do take that long to kick in. You've only been at this for a couple of months and have only tried 2..... thinking that none will work is self defeating. Took me years to find the right combo..... And what about therapy? Therapy can be great help... for the best results you should have both meds and therapy and not give up after just a couple of months.
>>
>>686851082
no im a guy
>>
>>686850703
>implying psychology is anything but the illegitimate daughter of philosophy and neurology
>>
Solipsism is real and I'm still thinking about it.
>>
>>686851197
Oh...
>>
http://alicelied.blogspot.com.au/
>>
>>686850176
need advise on what to do please anon
>>
>>686850861
is this just something you have felt for a while now just because?

I remember feeling exactly as you described one year ago when I killed an ant. It was a complete blind sided breakup and I was in a very depressive state for some time.

If this is the cause of something that recently happened in your life, just know that it does and will get better. you just have to give it time and continue pushing through.

If this is something that is chronic and you have just felt like this for a long time, you may want to think about getting professional help. I did last year and I can honestly say it was very eye opening and extremely worthwhile.
>>
File: laura-bodewig-nekoicon.png (107 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
laura-bodewig-nekoicon.png
107 KB, 526x526
>>
File: Attention.jpg (38 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Attention.jpg
38 KB, 600x800
>>686851286
Sorry anon :( Maybe this helps?...
>>686851222
Also checked.
>>
What is the best and easiest way to kill yourself?

I just don't want to feel anything and die peacefully
>>
>>686849891
Pls answer me :(
>>
How do you move forward? I got out of a really bad relationship and I just don't feel motivated to do anything. It wasn't even recently, it was in December. Just getting out of bed and going to work feels like it's too much for me. All I want to do all day is just lie in bed and watch stupid youtube videos or netflix. I used to be a really motivated worker, but now I can barely microwave a meal for myself without feeling like it's a chore. I'm not wanting to get back together, or worried about my ex at all, I just can't seem to get the motivation or joy I used to have for things anymore. What do?
>>
File: suicide.jpg (108 KB, 780x500) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
108 KB, 780x500
>>686851441
Hey anon. I've got you covered man.
>>
>>686851421
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>686851544
Too expensive. Well, it looks like I'm gonna burn myself
>>
>>686851421
Thx anon, I feel better now
>>
Sorry everyone is being dicks. I appreciate what you do, I'm wanting to be a psychologist or maybe therapist someday ^_^
>>
File: 1463733424466.jpg (184 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1463733424466.jpg
184 KB, 750x1334
>>686848674

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeoWlqM4i8
>>
>>686851725
Thanks!
>>
How i see if someone is not gay
>>
>>686851848
My LoL account with black alistar got banned. What do I do im so depressed
>>
>>686851508
I feel you b/ro. My life is pointless.
>>
>>686851933
Suck his dick if taste like shit is gay
>>
>>686851955
Hi there. Sorry to hear you're going through all of this. Unfortunately the only really good help you could get is through a health professional. It probably seems impossible at the moment but things can turn round. You are still very young and can turn things around in your life, but you should really get the best help you can. A visit to the doctor doesn't always mean you will get put on meds, they may offer talking therapy or something similar. I urge you to get help. It really will help you. Hope this helps you a bit.
>>
>>686848674
It's n-not nice to impersonate people Anonymous...
>>
>>686852109
Mcfucking kill yourself
>>
>>686848674

I'm depressed, I have no interest in anything. Any hobby or thing I can find to enjoy only last a week at best. I even find it hard to care about friends and family. Why do I do this and what can I do to help it?
>>
>>686852109
What you gonna do? Stab me?
>>
>>686851725
My sister is studying psychology, the carrier is awesome, I read every text she had to read and we talk about her classes for hours, you should totally go for that, I'm studying engineering btw
>>
>>686852109
I thought wtf no shitty pics with their answers
>>
>>686848674
How do I destroy my inhibitions to go out and live my life or just make friends atleast
>>
>>686852190
N-no thanks.

>>686852245
>said man who was reportedly stabbed

N-no, of course not Anonymous!
I'm simply s-saying, do your own thing; t-there's no reason to impersonate mine.

Aim to do better than me, not merely to copy me.
>>
>>686852041
My job is pointless, and I feel like I'm doing nothing all day, and so I want to do nothing all day in an enjoyable way. I hate everything.
>>
>>686848674
Copy pasta
>>
>>686852216
Depression drains your energy, hope, and drive, making it difficult to do what you need to feel better. But while overcoming depression isn’t quick or easy, it’s far from impossible. You can’t just will yourself to “snap out of it,” but you do have more control than you realize—even if your depression is severe and stubbornly persistent. The key is to start small and build from there. Feeling better takes time, but you can get there if you make positive choices for yourself each day.

While isolation and loneliness can trigger or worsen depression, maintaining supportive relationships can be instrumental in overcoming it. You may feel ashamed, too exhausted to talk, or guilty for neglecting your most treasured relationships, but emotional connection can get you through this tough time. Ask for the help and support you need.
>>
>>686851489
Pls don't keep avoiding me, I really need help, I don't know how to feel about it, some people call me a fucking pedo, but I don't feel like one, is it wrong? Idk pls help
>>
>>686852479
This is my thread fuck off weeaboo
>>
>>686849891
She has an id at 15? Somethings wrong there. Also dump her. That's unheathly. Teens maybe hot and uninhibited but so are college age girls. She's only excited by you because her world is very small (high school) and yours is anywhere you can drive. Trying a hobbie that's social, you'll meet people into the Same stuff as you and age appropriate.
>>
>>686852649
Does she know you are 21?
>>
>>686852748
Mcagain fucking killyourself
>>
>>686852748
Now fuck off you weird faggot
>>
>>686852109
>>686848674
I fucking knew it. #alicelied
>>
>>686848674
Despite being provided food, a home, and a good education; I don't think I will ever love my Father.
Is this normal ? Am I ungrateful? Should I try to improve our relationship? etc. etc. and etc.
>>
>>686852858
Hey a-anon.. I better m-mcfucking kill myself
>>
>>686852919
Yeah, whatever "Alice". This OP is the real deal.
>>
>>686852493
Welcome to my world. I like my job but it doesn't give me enough hours. I have a self absorbed gf and a kid. Honestly if I didn't have those 2 things, I'd be great.
>>
>>686848674
I'm depressed because I'm a manlet
>>
>>686852973
You're not alone, I just think many are reluctant/afraid to talk about it.
It seems that in today's society we're obligated to love our family; that everyone always says that our parents are supposed to bother us, but we're still supposed to love them. That, that's what family is for and what family is supposed to do. That every time your parents say, "I love you" you're supposed to return the love. There's no allowance for relationships where there's nothing wrong, but any emotion/intellectual interest is nonexistent.
My suggestion is to realize that you will be financially dependent on your parents for a long while and it is best to keep relations civil, but to realize that you are not obligated to love your parents but, later on in life you should try to get to know them.
>>
>>686853207
Im always fap to anne frank am i really fucked?
>>
>>686852983
Alright thatdoes it. There are 27 people in this thread and at most one of us is Alice. First one to get dubs is the real Alice.
>>
>>686852749
She is not from the US that's why she have an ID, if that what you mean???
Ok. You think I should dump her? Idk I feel so special with her, she really makes me happy, and also she needs me, she has had a really shitty life, with no one supporting her, I'm the only one who really cares about her, and idk what would she do if I leave her, and that scares me

Btw she does know I'm 21
>>
>>686853413
I a-am a huge f-faggot
>>
>>686853565
Mcstill f-fucking kill y-yourself
>>
>>686853622
Well you fuckers im the real 1
>>
File: SPTimmy.jpg (41 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
SPTimmy.jpg
41 KB, 320x240
TIMMY!! Tim timmy. Timmy timmy Timmy Jimmy. JIMMY!! Jimmy tim timmy. Timmyyyy??? Timmy timmy! Jimmy timmy tim timmy. "Aaahhhhhhh!!!! Jimmy!!" timmy Timmy.....sigh.....Jimmy.
>>
>>686853361
I did Nazi that coming.
>>
Ha
>>
>>686853622
Kys alice get a real job
>>
File: Alice.jpg (39 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
39 KB, 512x384
>>686853413
I'm alice
>>
>>686853418
Idk how other countries work. The usa you could get it at 15 1/2 at most. The age diffrenece isn't crazy but since she's so young it's weird. Most likely you will leave you for someone close to her once she goes to college. Kind of the order of things. Plus long term relationships are super hard. You defiantly need someone close by and in your own age range 18+ and done with high school. College will most likely be the time of your life. After that it's alll adult shit. Not fun at all. Live it up now anon.
>>
>>686850823
Antidepressants don't work if your problem isn't serotonin, etc. imbalance.

People with borderline personality disorder, for instance, don't typically respond enough to them to make it a feasible solution by itself. Their problems are good examples of torment and depression that go well beyond just the imbalance.

But still take them, or at least singeing like St John's wort. Reason: if you've got deeper problems, you want to take every action to make things easier on you so you can deal with them.

I recommend "The Depression Cure" (book) and Monica Frank's audio on tolerating anxiety as steroids you can take to chip away at the issue further. It really is the case that you feel like you make no progress for years then one day things are better.

Also, if you're on antidepressants, I assume it's because you're seeing a professional. If they're not helping you with some other options, talk therapy, dbt, act, is something - try sometime else.
>>
>>686853768
I don't h-have a job b-because I'm too g-good
>>
>>686848674
I'm a compulsive liar, how do I stop?
>>
>>686853622
See, crisis averted. Continue, Alice.
>>
>>686852973
No you're not wrong, I also hate my father, he is a racist, clasist, misogenist and verbal abuser, he thinks women are only objects for his pleasure, he loves money, and would do anything to have more money, so, it doesn't matter if it's your father, you are not obligated to love him
>>
>>686853565
Thoughts on people who impersonate others
>>
>>686853924
Stop talking.
>>
J
>>
>>686853890
That....is disturbingly bad advice. SNRI's also target norepinephrine; serotonin is not the only neurotransmitter related to depression.
>>
>>686854064
This does not seem like a practical solution. I like my friends and I enjoy talking to them.
>>
Is it normal to want to kill every single normie? Like, all of them. Fucking genocide style, and fantasize about it while I lie awake in bed?
>>
>>686853870
She won't go to college since she doesn't have any money to pay for it, college for me has been a really shitty experience, I do have friends, but they don't like to do anything aside from studying, therefore I have nothing to do and no opportunity to meet other people, this girl is the only thing I got
>>
Does happiness plump when you cook it?
>>
>>686850052
Eh, if you never question yourself though, you're probably also extremely dumb.
>>
A 14yo girl really likes me, How can I fuck her without she thinks I'm a fucking pedo?
>>
>>686854636
Be 14
>>
>>686854636
She won't find out if she is asleep anon
>>
>>686854515
What do you think about lockdown facilities that ask the doctors to lie to keep you there longer for insurance money?
>>
>>686854708
You sink my battle ship
>>
>>686848674
I am going to kill myself.
Do you have any questions?

I have infinite truths.
>>
File: 1433570866751.jpg (46 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1433570866751.jpg
46 KB, 400x302
>>686853924
How do we know your not lying about that?
>>
>>686848674
I'm in a bad way here. I broke up with my girlfriend two months ago and met another girl. I fell pretty hard for this other girl and she feels the same way. Well I ended up getting back with my ex but now this other girl is preggo and I still have crazy feelings for her but I love my ex (now gf) more and have made some serious plans with her. I plan on sticking around for my illegitimate child but my girl won't be cool with it. What fucking do?

Sorry for poor English.
>>
>>686851508
Look, I'm going to tell you straight up. This is something you might not believe but it is the truth. You control your thoughts and your moods and if you don't want to get worse, you need to do something before you get so far that you need a professional.
Controlling your shit is not about force is will, faking it, telling yourself and others everything's great while you're dying inside.
It's about controlling your inputs. Like the evening news, you watch all that shit and your will get down. You must decide that you will stick to high miss material. You must decide to focus on what's right rather than what's wrong. If you're a pessimist our even a realist, you must become an optimist. There's some shit the BBC reported a while back that goes over cultivating optimism.
Also, if you're sad, cry. If your mad, express it. But then go right back to reminding yourself why shit is awesome.
>>
>>686854996
Lyingception
>>
>>686848674
What's the best way to get one of you fucks to prescribe me some benzo's? I've been doin the whole counseling thing for YEARS and have only gotten a laundry list of ssri's and some mood stabalizers. How do i get the good shit?
>>
>>686854994
When?
>>
>Cont from yesterday
You said find a task, then move on to bigger task. What happens if I complete said task, move onto something bigger and still cannot be satisfied? What if what I want in life I can never truly have, what purpose does being alive or seeking more tasks have when they aren't what you want? Legit confused as fuck how to move on in life when what I want isn't attainable.
>>
>>686854198
That's a Lie.
Stop Talking.
>>
>>686854422
Simple: you make new friends. In your classes you should be meeting new people every semester. Hit the gym. Your Make a swole bro. You make your won problems. You want this girl to fix your life and think fixing hers will give you fulfillment. You can't and it won't. Tons of girls have the female version of this called the bad boy complex. There always going to "fix him". He'll stop cheating, get a job, want a family etc. It doesn't work like that. There's plenty of people in America that "don't have a chance" and still end up going to college. You sound like a typical yuppie.
>>
>>686854758
She's not my sister and I just met her yesterday
>>
File: 1464534279894.png (403 KB, 551x529) Image search: [Google]
1464534279894.png
403 KB, 551x529
>>686854996
Well that kinda creates a paradox situation, doesn't it? Like the whole: "This sentence is a lie" deal. I would appreciate done actual advice, but I guess I can settle for generic bant.
>>
>>686854163
That's true, however I'm not telling them to stop their antidepressants. I'm telling them to work additional angles and to get a different professional if theirs isn't getting then results. Sitting around skiing nothing else until you have the exact right cocktail is stupid.
>>
Alice is on the Fortune teller thread, anons.
>>
>>686855260
Not literally everything I say is a lie anon.
>>
>>686855520
That's...literally the current standard for figuring out which antidepressants to take: change what you take until the correct cocktail works.

By all means, get a second opinion, but the idea that there is some better way is...well, wildly optimistic.
>>
>>686848674
I am sure I have ptsd I have suffered both physical and emotional pain for decades
>>
>>686855202
There is no guaranteed date.
>>
After taking LSD my thoughts changed a bit. Sometimes it feels like I'm not creating thoughts but I can stop thinking them. It's usually just what someone's opinion is or what they said to me will come into my head and more things will be made if I don't put effort into stopping it. It doesn't feel like I'm making it but I know I am. This isn't really an issue right now but after a high dose I thought I was potentially telepathically communicating with my friends but the strangest part was I could tell if someone disagreed with me without looking at them or hearing them and at one point I just knew my mom was near and she walking into the restaurant I was in. That's largely subsided but the texture of my thoughts are different.
>>
>>686855434
For me is really hard to meet people just like that, I have a huge inferiority complex due to bullying in schools and by my sisters, I can't really talk to people easily, she is the only one I can talk to with no problem, and is not that I want to fix her, she is already a great person, she is the girl with the biggest heart I have met, she needs me because everyone around her treat her like shit, her mother hates her, because she got pregnant with her doe to a rape, she is a good girl, but no one around her appreciate that
>>
>>686851170
Or you can just accept that fucking with all these meds and dealing with their side affects actually just isn't worth it.
>>
>>686851421
I've seen smaller thighs on a Rhino, does she hold a squatting record at her school?
>>
>>686854422
Careful dude... shit's not in your favor if you're also in the USA.

Parents get pissed off, and there's plenty of 'white girl laws' they can throw at you to get you to go away.

My advice: (I'm assuming this is a long distance thing.)
1) She's probably going to find some other guy and get with him. Just prepare yourself for that.
2) Don't do anything pervert-like. Don't 'sext' her, don't text her naughty weird shit. Definitely don't exchange nudes or anything like that.
3) If you really like her, be a good friend to her. Maybe some day you'll meet. If not, you'll have hopefully made her life better in some way.

I knew a girl in New Zealand (much closer to my age actually) that I ended up really liking and all... she and I liked one another quite a lot actually. But she went on a trip after she graduated high school (or whatever you call it in NZ...) and went and slept with a guy who was in a band she saw play, etc.

He fucked her and left, but she realized at that point that she wanted to have someone close to her physically, and wanted to have 'fun' and not wait around for me to move over there or whatever.

I decided to just be supportive and not try and hold her back. She and I still talk from time to time. She's with someone else now, I'm with someone else now. That's how things go.
>>
>>686855782
Eh, so I think you're making a big assumption that this person has a serious neurotransmitter imbalance. If someone is under pro care and not responding to a course of meds, odds better that there's more going on biologically and behaviorally than they've got some rarer neuro imbalance. Because pros are supposed to be knowledgeable about meds but usually stick to their specialty for practical and liability reasons rather than go into lifestyle factors or talk therapy.

Of course, I'm assuming they don't have an obscure neuro problem. If they did, then my advice is near shit, yeah.
>>
What keeps a man living when he already failed on achieve his dreams and lives a completely meaningless life? I don't know what keeps me alive anymore.
>>
>>686857162
Because death is the end. You're programmed to avoid it at all costs.
>>
>>686851170
Depression isn't an illness, it's not a "dysregulated" state, it's not an "imbalance" of certain neurotransmitters (which are constantly being regulated in very complex ways we still know nothing of). Depression is a normal adaptive response to a long term stressor (like starvation is, like a fever is). Every single psychoactive clinical drug works based on very primitive mechanisms compared to what actually happens in your brain. They are like hammers to a finely crafted watch, they should be avoided and only used as a last resort (if at all).
>>
>>686857150
I have taken does precautions, But I'm not sure if I'm ready to let her go
>>
>>686852540
Canned bullshit. The worst depression someone who is prone to depression will ever go through is when that "support" system bails because they need to focus on "normal", which he/she will never be. Two or three decades of that shit will bring you right back to your original instinct, which is isolation, and might possibly be the least disruptive to the depressed individual.
>>
So you're not gonna help me get drugs? I'm gonna do them regardless, you may as well help me do it legally for the betterment of society and myself.
I'm this guy, by the way
>>686855113
>>
>>686857258

I see... now I'm one those who carry on and push the "fuck everything" button in their lives. Thank you, op.
>>
>>686858292
Oh, I'm not OP, just a passer-by. :P
>>
Just stop this nonsense already.
>>
>>686855075
I don't even know how I feel anymore, besides fed up. I just want to give up, and I'm trying my best to convince myself to keep going, but I can't convince myself to want to. It's some weird depression or something. It's stupid and I hate it.
>>
>>686856434
Pls answer me before it 404's
>>
>>686856253
Diagnose me, please
>>
>>686859075
My diagnosis is that you are high, like really high, and you haven't realized you are still high
>>
File: manhattan64.png (92 KB, 1349x330) Image search: [Google]
manhattan64.png
92 KB, 1349x330
>>686858800
How can you stop nonsense without starting sense?
>>
>>686858800
It will only end when I die.
>>
>>686859478
How can sense be real, if our nonsense aren't real?
>>
File: 1464187176281.jpg (630 KB, 1919x1279) Image search: [Google]
1464187176281.jpg
630 KB, 1919x1279
>>686848674
How can I get a psychiatrist to declare I was misdiagnosed with Bipolar? I'm not, and never have been (was just going through a death in the family, insanely stressful 80 hour a week job, and extremely poor eating and sleeping habits) and I want to join the military. Obviously Bipolar doesn't pass the medical exam.
>>
>>686859575
Then just kill yourself already.
>>
>>686859660
Contacts and money should do it for you
>>
>>686859911
Elaborate please.
>>
>>686859980
Try to get a psychiatrist who is friend of someone you know, tell him your problem, give him a few bucks and you're good to go
>>
How do i stop being a pedophile
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 400x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 400x866
>>686851149
Dumb niggers
>>
Hello Alice how are you today?
>>
>>686860206
What if I can just get the one I'm seeing now (different from diagnosing one, she only saw me for 15 minutes once before diagnosing me) to agree? There was no scientific process or real screening, just a short conversation cross referenced with symptoms that she basically coaxed out of me.
>>
>>686848674
Oh, it's Alice again...
Hi Alice, no other hobbies than "helping" anons on /b?
>>
>>686860561
That could also help, but make sure s/he understands your situation, so you don't get misdiagnosed again
>>
>>686848674
oh hi again op.

you never showed proof you were a psychologist. i did, remember? lets see it. show me that degree of yours.
>>
>>686860824
Yeah. I'm basically just going to be positive and level-headed, she knows I want to join the military so maybe she'll do some proper screenings (which would hold more water than a 15 minute conversation) to make sure I'm all good and then give me a clean bill of health. My general doctor is former Air Force physician too so I think he's going to help me out since I want to join the AF as well.
>>
>>686861085
Then all the luck of the world anon, hope everything goes well
>>
Any other pedophiles in here wanna talk. We must unite. kik me- down.4.anything
>>
>>686859862
I can't, at least not yet.
It's setup later in the timeline.
>>
>>686861085
hi, actual psychologist here that works at a VA.

1. length of visit doesn't matter. no one cares

2. get a second opinion

3. have you signed the release for that psych? and was it a private pay? lesson here kids is that you should always private pay the first session if you are interested in the military. either way, PHI is PHI so they can't extract it, but lying on the enrollment is bad. so yes, get a second opinion and pay for further testing. psychologist > psychiatrist for this b/c more training in assessment.
>>
>>686861354
Kill your self, like really, no ones gonna miss you, or even realize you died
>>
>>686861354
Nice try Chris Hansen.
>>
File: 1464540299739.gif (26 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
1464540299739.gif
26 KB, 200x267
>>
>>686848674
Do you ever feel bad that you contribute to ruining lives?

The whole field pushes drugs, that negatively affect more than it helps. This also affects ability to get certain jobs, among other things.
>>
>>686861899
hi. real psychologist here and not her fake ass shit.

no, i don't feel bad about that because psychologist don't prescribe medications. those that do (3 states as of this week- LA, IO, and NM) require an entire second masters degree. so no. i don't push meds and 99.999% of psychologist dont. probably more.

think how smart you would be if you had facts on your side.
>>
>>686861899
Op disappeared ages ago, so you won't be lucky
>>
>>686862113
True this, the ones who prescribes are the psychiatrist, it's a totally different major, psychiatry is from med school, psychologists is just a bunch of reading old people theories
>>
>>686862113
You contribute. I didn't say you actually prescribed meds, only push them (Advocate for them) - nigger.
>>
>>686861260
Thanks, I appreciate it.
>>
>>686862458
nope. actually we do a shitton of research using some of the higher level statistics out there. hell, my field has created statistic methods for the purposes of analyzing research

meta-analysis? yup. you're welcome.
factor analysis? yup yup
etc.
>>
>>686848674
Is there a term for someone who laughs even though they are in pain deep inside
>>
>>686861434
It was paid for by my insurance. It was back in January of 2015 and I wasn't interested in military at the time. I was just sick of bad shit happening and figured I'd see a doctor since I had insurance finally. I'll be sure to get a second, or even third opinion. I don't plan on lying on my form (going for a commission) but if I get several doctors to agree I never actually had it I think it's reasonable to not put it down.
>>
>>686862627
thats like saying the guy who sells your car is responsible for you having shitty insurance. just because you have a car doesn't mean everyone involved with it has anything to do with pushing your shitty insurance.
>>
>>686862725
Dude me and my sister are studying psychology, 80% of everything we do is reading old as theories
>>
>>686861434
To elaborate, I haven't seen the recruiter yet so obviously I haven't signed any releases other than from that facility to the new one I moved to when I relocated.
>>
>>686862882
agreed. get several doctors. with bi polar its not something that 'goes away' so you claim poor diagnosis and move on. should be ok but those forms are a shitstain of a pain.

good luck.
>>
>>686862928
And experiments loooooots of experiments
>>
File: IMG_2190.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2190.png
1 MB, 640x960
Ok, so I'm a college freshman currently home from college. The girl that I have a fair amount of interest in is just finishing HS. We have stayed in contact a few times (she has also told me that I'm one of the few guys that were in my graduating class that still communicates with her) over the course of the year. Both of us want to see each other sometime but the last attempt failed winter break. She's been very busy with friends the past few weeks. What should my course of action be? Call her and just go straight to the point?
>>
>>686859307
No, that's not true. I thought you were going to say schizotypical or something.

You're a lousy psychoanaylst.
>>
>>686862928
yeh. you're an undergrad right? did you think you were going to do anything original? literally not how any undergraduate degree works.

or do you think 'hello world' is written for the first time each semester in comp sci 1?
>>
>>686863165
As I said, high
>>
>>686863065
I know this seems petty compared to yalls' but I just wanted to get yalls' thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>686863065
grow a pair of balls and say what you think. life doesn't have time for pussies. i'd probably say it nicer, but i dont care and you aren't paying me.

>>686863053
that would be the advancement of 'new theory' son. thats not 'old theory'. just an FYI.
>>
>>686862883
The guy selling me a car isn't advocating for insurance. so it is nothing like that.
>>
File: better be safe.jpg (85 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
better be safe.jpg
85 KB, 500x667
>>686848674
here's your (YOU)

thanks doc. I want to know why the hell am I attracted to incest fantasies but I don't see my own family as potential sexual partners (enver felt horny for any of them)

In fact I can't reach orgams or a proper erection if I'm not thinking something related to this

Never been molested as a child or been in contact to this topics
>>
>>686863300
Fair enough. I do need to pull the trigger at some point right?
>>
>>686863502
95% of the time, we dont talk about it either, at all. not even a howdy doody. someone comes in asking 'hey, i need insurance what should i do' we tell them to go see an insurance salesman and tell them what the process is like. whippie.

>sounds like someone doesn't like their meds
>mom wont let them change
>psychologists must be BADDDD
>>
>>686863169
We actually do lots of stuff in comp sci 1, they give us problems and we have to solve them using our knowledge, we don't read about how the language was made, and about the ideas behind computers
>>
>>686863811

As a doctoral clinical psychology student, this is accurate. The closest I've ever come to even advocating for drugs is recommending a client have a discussion with their primary care physician about their symptoms
>>
>>686863903
yup. you solve all sorts of new problems that no one has ever solved be...wait. nope.

comp sci and engineering was probably a bad example because its much more hands on first then theory later. the reverse is true of psych. either way, undergrad isn't the world of 'new research and novel ideas'. just not what happens.
>>
>>686864165
oh whats up. you hitting APA this year?
>>
>>686864389

Not this year, I am planning for the future though

Clinical neuropsychology, div 40
>>
>>686864165
Gives me hope then, not guy you replied to, guy he replied to.

When I went through it, it was a mess, giving prozac to children as young as 5, I was on 200mg of seroquel twice a day, don't know if you know those meds, but yeah, shitshow when I went through it. Have been much better since leaving home, and going off meds, but still affected from things like being locked in a room for 3 days and stuff (in the unit)
>>
>>686864249
Idk why you attacked engineering, I'm a informatic and telecommunications engineer, and we learn lots of applications stuff, of course is not new, if it wasn't new we wouldn't be learning it, we would be discovering or creating, but don't attack another carrier just like that, I respect psychologist, but I also expect respect for my career
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.