[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good evening, /b/. Ask a time traveler anything. I'll try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
File: TIME.jpg (43 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
TIME.jpg
43 KB, 600x398
Good evening, /b/. Ask a time traveler anything.
I'll try to answer as many questions as possible, but none that might give you advantage in gambling or stuff like that, neither will I tell you my location.
I can't post pictures or videos, the reasons will be explained to some in a few months.
>>
What is the long term effect of this coming presidential election?
>>
>>686692298
Hello, mr time traveler. Is the future any bright?
>>
>>686692298
Do the SJW's succeed and turning everyone into bubble wrapped pussies?
>>
How long till WWIII ?
>>
>>686692403
That I cannot answer. In my original timeline, this election did not happen as it is happening now.

>>686692485
Depends on what you call bright.

>>686692498
Sort of. If you mean by promoting feminism and ideas of the sort.

>>686692670
Can't answer that at the moment, I'm studying the actual consequences of actions in the past decade in this world line and I don't have accuracy about that.
>>
How many timelines are out there ?
>>
>>686692670
I should elaborate more on this. Where I come from, WW3 was happening around... now. But as you can see, it's not. I believe actions from your past changed it.

>>686693224
As far as we know, infinite. The many-worlds interpretation is correct, and every particle movement with more than one possible outcome creates another timeline.
>>
Okay how about this, what method of travel did you use? Wormholes, black holes, speed of light, a time machine that is not based on any of the mentioned concepts?
I already know that we do not share the same timeline so there is no point in asking that,
Has there been alien contact in your time line? Is there a country called Taured? What date was it in your time line when you left? And for how long are you staying?
>>
>>686692919
By bright I mean advances in civilization as a whole. Also, have you watched any movies from the future? Do any of them cause controversy?
Thanks for your reply, and sorry for bad english.
>>
File: 1464487744597s (1).jpg (8 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1464487744597s (1).jpg
8 KB, 250x227
Is op faggot?
>>
What happened to Nikola Telsa in your world ?
>>
Does the legal consent age ever get down into the single digits again?
>>
First OP is a time-traveler, then he's from an alternate universe?

Not even a good hoax, stay tuned for a real time-traveler or world hopper
>>
>>686693513
My time machine uses micro-singularities, I'm not a physicist, but they explained it to me as a resonance between miniature black holes, one inside the other. The concept is pretty complicated, but it's easy to "pilot".
No alien contact, sorry. I left in January 30, 2039, and my orders are to stay here for at least 6 months. I arrived 4 months ago, and I'm planning on leaving in january.

>>686693526
Civilization in my time is more advanced in terms of technology, but ironically people tend to act more "human" than what I've come across this far in 2016. Medicine will advance A LOT, as will computers and communications. There are less movies, since the events of WW3 and some stuff before rendered most filmmakers unable to keep working. Not many movies came out after 2015.

>>686693809
As far as I can tell, nothing changed on that. Based on the info I have, your worldline and mine started to diverge around 2002.

>>686694277
No. Most places held it at 15 years old, that is, in the United States.
>>
>>686694380
You cannot travel in time without travelling in space because of spacetime (Einstein's theory of relativity).
>>
Does the BLM thing ever die off? Does AIDS get all the nignogs first?
>>
How's gaming and VR?
>>
>>686694513
I had hopes, such high hopes. Unfortunately you cannot use micro-singularities to travel in time. You my friend are a fake, if you're not and I'm somehow wrong then say hi to John, both of them.
>>
>>686694599
No, and aids was not cured, by the definition of the world. Instead, the disease was all but eradicated by preventing it from spreading.

>>686694713
VR didn't go as well as indie gaming. Game making is much more common, and most computer games are distributed for free. It's not something you keep your mind into everyday, everyone works harder in my timeline, because after the wars the economy was hard hit.

>>686694992
I'm not here to prove anything, I only want to chat with people from here. I love the idea that the divergence was high enough to prevent wars, even though the difference between this timeline and mine is about 2.6%.
I will.
>>
>>686695240

How has the internet evolved? Is there less freedom? Are old sites like FB or 4chan still alive?
>>
>>686694992
shh, just roleplay, bro. It'll be alright.
>>
>>686692298
What year does Blizzard go bankrupt?
>>
Will I get dubs
>>
Have you discovered if there's a God ?
Do you have a mission ?
>>
>>686693803
No, because in this timeline, we are all homosexuals, which makes the term faggot irrelevant. We procreate through artificial insemination and cloning.

Among the males, we have typical males and traps.
>>
>>686694513
micro-singularity is not even a term that makes any sense whatsoever, and your lack of knowledge of these terms makes it even more obvious that you're bullshitting.
>>
>>686695517
Ok, ok, I'll just roll with it. Even if it is possible that he is a fake, it's 50% but still.
>>
>>686695797
Thank you!
>>
Hi i'm noah, and i wanted to know if any of my name sharing buddies has built an ark in the near future, cause i wanna build that shit but i wanna know if i'll succeed.
>>
>>686695477
The internet didn't change at all. Only you have it faster today than in the future. FB didn't come to exist in my world, but 4chan never ceased to exist. That's mainly the reason I chose this website for a quick chat tonight.

>>686695536
I'm afraid I don't know.

>>686695797
I'm a pilot. I have some basic knowledge about the divergence number, about the variable gravity lock, and about basic calibration of the cesium clocks the machine uses.
>>
Will I still be a virgin by the end of next month
>>
>>686696063
You are in the wrong thread, God is in another thread.
>>
>>686696063
I appreciate the humour.
>>686696276
And this kind of question is impossible for any time traveler to answer. Even if I knew it, you could just change your mind and prevent the predicted outcome from happening.
>>
File: 1463946954776.jpg (23 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1463946954776.jpg
23 KB, 439x290
>>686692298
How often do you swallow your own cum dipshit?
>>
Hey I just want to know when DARPA will be done developing those robotic limbs and telepathic helmets
>>
How do magnets work?
>>
Op Since you are a real time traveler please repeat the Sacred Time Traveler's Oath pls
>>
>>686697062
I bet he's googling it.
>>
>>686692298
How will will gasoline power cars exist in our timeline?
>>
>>686696890
Telepathic helmets are unheard of. However, enhancements to military gear are a thing, mainly after some advances in medicine. Many soldiers had limb bones replaced with "osteoplastic material" to make them stronger and lighter.

>>686696927
If you're talking about the time machine, the micro singularities are held by electromagnetic fields in the form of ellipses. It doesn't require a lot of energy, seeing the field has practically no mass.

>>686697062
There's no such thing. At least not where I come from.
>>
has half life 3 been released yet?
>>
>>686697646
Cars will be used mostly for their usefulness, not for looks. I own a 1998 Honda Civic, for instance.

>>686697849
I don't know. Since I grew up in the 2020s, and I didn't play a lot of games at that age, I can't really tell. But I'd risk saying probably not.

I'm curious to how none of you asked about me or my family. Let me just comment that my name is Steve, and that I'm currently in Florida, only because I feel at home in the hot climate.
>>
>>686698457
No, I mean will gasoline as a source of energy for transportation eventually be dismissed and replaced with cleaner energy? Such as electric and hydrogen power. If so what year? What are the consequences on society?

You seem legit and I'm really in to cars so I'm dying to know. Thanks
>>
What's your time machine look like? Is Skynet a thing in your timeline?
>>
>>686698903
Oh, I'm sorry about that. Since cars will be less used and it will be common for communities to grow their own food, most cars will be changed to run on alcohol. In South America it will be mostly from sugar cane, but in the US we'll use corn to make the alcohol for the cars.
There will be electric trains as means of transportation through long distance, and solar energy will be one of the main sources of power.

>>686699132
My machine is stationary and can be installed inside any object, it's mostly used with vehicles such as cars or small trucks. You install and keep it as still as possible inside the vehicle. It's about 5x2x2 feet.
>>
>>686698457
Probably because none really cares. You see, we are interested in our future not really in your personal life
>>
>>686699524
Would it work in a Delorean? Is it radioactive? Do you serve the machine overlords?
>>
File: 1464485717918.jpg (41 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1464485717918.jpg
41 KB, 600x337
>>686699524
A sugar cane car! Fascinating!!!!

Will a sugar cane car beat a v8 off the line? How does the engine work?
>>
>>686699132
Oh, sorry, and I never heard of something called Skynet.

>>686699525
True. Maybe I'm only thinking about the fact that most time travelers who passed by this timeline didn't introduce themselves to anyone, and it's good to make a change once.

>>686699737
A Delorean is a car, right? If the suspension is strong enough and the car is big enough to keep the machine in, yes. It emits a low amount of ultraviolet radiation when it turns on, but it only lasts a few seconds and is not in a level considered dangerous.
There are no "machine overlords", we are a paramilitary division operating 14 time machines and, at the moment, gathering data from different decades in the past.
>>
>>686700171
I hope you do realise that 'ultraviolet' is an em wave not radiation.
>>
Are you a time traveller??
>>
>>686700476
He claim to be, but there are holes in his story. Big ones.
>>
>>686700171
You weren't in this timeline October 21, 2015? Skynet is from the Terminator movies. I figured you would look at our movies that involve time travel so you could laugh at how inept/off the mark they are.
>>
>>686700089
I don't know the details, it's just a normal piston engine running on ethanol instead of running on gasoline.

>>686700400
Electromagnetic radiation, yes. That's the only wavelength it emits on, I mean, it also gets hot, to about 400K on the outside, when turned on. I believe that also answered that there's no alpha, beta or gamma radiation emitted.

>>686700623
No. I arrived in January, this year. I'll take a look at these movies, thank you.
>>
Tell me about Half life 3
>>
File: 1464481072405.jpg (119 KB, 1178x896) Image search: [Google]
1464481072405.jpg
119 KB, 1178x896
>>686700476
>>>686700400
>>686700583
>>686700623
You guys are just non-believers.

I believe.
>>
Will anyone be able to time travel to any time period in the future/
>>
I too am a tima travlar. My timalin usas a wast to fual modul to powar a chronoschopic tachyon puls. Wa hav also don away with your lattr 'e'
>>
>>686700914
I believe in time travel, I juts don't think he is one.
>>
>>686700840
Already answered, look above.

>>686700928
Yes, but the further you go, the greater the divergence. The divergence between my world and yours was about 1% when the fist time traveler from my unit arrived, but we have evidence that it grows exponentially with time. So if, for example, I traveled to 1912, there's a good chance Titanic didn't sink in the timeline I arrived, or that it had a different name, or that nobody even thought of building it.
>>
How do you plan on getting back to your original timeline in the future (your present)?
>>
>>686701161
kekeroni
>>
Time traveller here.
Half life 3 is confirmed for 2022
>>
>>686701654
The cesium clocks and gravity sensors in the time machine will be calibrated to find the setting of the time I was before the first trip, and the divergence will tend to zero. Technically, I'll arrive in an alternate timeline, but so like mine that it'll be impossible to tell the difference.
>>
So does Donald Trump win? Who does he pick as his VP?
>>
>>686701862
I know you claim not to know much about the machine and its inner workings, but you keep referencing these 'cesium clocks' and that the machine can reach 400 degrees kelvin
How is the cesium stabilized as to a point where it can be utilized mechanically (in a clock for instance) when the environment it is performing in is almost 5x the temperature at which cesium melts under normal condictions
>>
>>686703197
The machine itself doesn't reach the temperature, maybe I didn't express myself well. The air around the spheric/ellipsoid field generated by the singularities get. The only part of the machine that heats is the internal processor, which is cooled down with liquid helium.
>>
Do blacks still blame whites for everything?
>>
>>686692298
Is the racewar happening?
Does western europe fall? Does eastern europe improve? Did the chinese take over?
>>
Do any of the international conflicts we have today are solved? For example, the ongoing war on terror, Isis, etc
>>
Bump cuz I'm interested
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.