[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bastion is the overwatch equivalent of ass cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 600x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 600x417
Bastion is the overwatch equivalent of ass cancer
>>
>giving a shit about over watch

Back to >>>/v/
>>
Just watch out for his ult or moving platforms. Stationary targets are always easy.
>>
File: 1440634640669.png (449 KB, 576x792) Image search: [Google]
1440634640669.png
449 KB, 576x792
>>686273092

He can't move and has TWO critical points, one on his head and one on his ass. They glow.

He was literally DESIGNED to be the easiest thing to snipe in the world.

Get better idiot.
>>
>>686273339
>critical points
explain
>>
>>686273456

Places where you shoot him and do bonus damage. Most characters have just one, the Head. He has a second one on his back in turret form to make him easier to snipe than he already is. It's a glowing blue dot.
>>
>>686273598
Do you have a diagram of critical points on every character? I main pharrah so I don't have a lot of choice where to shoot people but it would be nice to know.
>>
File: image.png (189 KB, 550x319) Image search: [Google]
image.png
189 KB, 550x319
>>686273339
Are you retarted? How is he easiest thing to snipe in the world when you have to 6v1 that cheap son of a bitch?
>>
>>686273092

I was in the closed beta for the duration and for the first week everyone was complaining about bastion too. Then everyone figured out he's super easy to snipe, or kill with genji by deflecting his bullets back at him.

Yes, a good Bastion will just stop shooting when they see genji coming at them. BUT GOOD PLAYERS DON'T PICK BASTION because he's a garbage hero.

After a couple weeks bastion play virtually disapeared except on a few specific maps where he was a good pick. (For example, offence riding the payload with a Rien barrer in front.) And then only one.
>>
>>686273743

GET BETTER. Stop crying about your salt and L2P. I'm trying to explain to you how to counter bastion and all you're doing is crying like a little bitch. GET BETTER.
>>
>>686273882
Bastion is in just about every game I play and he's ALWAYS on top of the payloads. He's the cheapest and laziest character in the game
>>
>>686273716

On every character but bastion, the critical spot is the head. Bastion it's the head AND the glowing blue spot on his back.

However, you mentioned pharrah. Only precision attackers can score critical hits. Characters that use explosives or spread weapons can't.
>>
>>686274165

Like I said, give it two weeks. Good players will move on to heroes who aren't crap after everyone starts countering bastion, then only baddies will be playing bastion because he's a noob hero.

It's not hard to beat bastion when he is played exclusively by scrubs.
>>
>>686274012
Yeah I bet you think your MLG when you main bastion on a balcony or a spawn point.
>>
>>686274174
gotcha.

related question: is there ever drop-off over distance for some weapons? also which characters are considered precision?
>>
>>686274453
I know Hanzo and widow maker for sure. Not too sure about anyone else
>>
>>686274363

As I've said multiple times BASTION IS A GARBAGE HERO. I very rarely pick him.

Besides, good players keep changing heros throughout the map as the situation changes. Yes, you lose your ultimate charge, but tactical switching is almost always worth more than 40% of your ultimate.
>>
>>686274453

Shotguns have SEVERE dropoff over distance. Make sure to not that this includes DVA's mounted form. Those cannons she has are actually shotguns. I think other might weapons have some too but not nearly as bad.

If memory serves, precision characters capable of getting crits are: Genji, McCree, Soldier 76, Bastion, Hanzo, Mei (only with icicles, not with frost spray), Torb (only with single shot, not with shotgun blast), Widowmaker, DVA (Dismounted form only), Mercy, Zenyatta, and maybe Lucio.
>>
>>686273716
you main as pharrah and have a problem with bastion? git gud
>>
>>686274999
do you happen to know how much a direct hit close range rocket does?
>>
>>686275156
This post has nothing to do with Bastion. I'm just hijacking the thread.
>>
File: hell_ye_boi.jpg (51 KB, 638x273) Image search: [Google]
hell_ye_boi.jpg
51 KB, 638x273
>>686275227
k sorry good on you
>>
>>686275165
I think it's like 125. It's a lot.

>>686275156
Bastion is actually a tough matchup for pharah. Because she's always flying around she doesn't have cover and goes down quickly to defensive characters like bastion and widows. He also has just enough health that it takes 3 direct hit rockets to kill him, which ussually will take longer to fire than a fatal spray of bullets from him. She's one of the most fragile characters in the game with only 200 hp. That armor she's wearing doesn't do shit, apparently.
>>
>>686275165
Also I don't think rockets have damage falloff, only hitscan weapons. So range shouldn't matter if it's a direct hit.
>>
>>686275657
>only 200 hp
200 hp is the mean. i rarely have problems with anyone besides tanks
>>
>>686275970
>hitscan weapons
explain
>>
>>686276039
200 HP with no regen makes her tied with with a few other characters for 3rd worst HP in the game. She only beats Zen and Tracer. Most characters wither have more HP then her, have a way to regen, or have a role that doesn't put them on the front line, like snipers.

>>686276076
Hitscan weapons are weapons where the bullets don't have travel time. Basically it's ballistic weapons, where the bullet travels instantly to the target in your crosshairs as soon as the trigger is pulled. Think widow, Soldier 76, shotgun users, etc.

Alternatively, characters like pharah, hanzo, and lucio need to lead their shots because their projectiles have travel time in the air.
>>
>>686276850
ic
>>
>>686274012
I feel you. Players nowadays have no will to practice anymore. They want to be nr 1 with no resistance from the start to the end of a game or they will cry. As a result all heroes will get nerfed and mashed into a pancake of evenness. Then the casuals will move on and the people who've put themselves through the effort will be left with a stale game. Happened with every bliz game since d2
>>
where is the battle.net launcher located? it dissapears every time it patches
>>
>>686274999
I play exclusively lucio and he gets crits. Best healer in the game. He can kill and heal himself as well as heal others just by being there. If used right you should never die with lucio on your team. Givin you protect your healer cuz no life points at all.
>>
>>686279510
I guess you could say I'm a heal slut but fuck it no one ever wants to heal so I bite the bullet
>>
>>686279510

This. I usually play Lucio since no one plays support, but once in a while I see someone pick him from the getgo and most of the time I cringe at how they're playing.

You should always get like 35%+ of team damage healed at the end, otherwise gitgud
>>
>>686274588
>BASTION
>Garbage
Found the try hard liar.

Let me guess you also have never died to a Bastion because you are just Sooo good.
>>
I'm better as roadhog or reaper but whenever I get a team that only wants to got straight assault I'll go as lucio I agree he's the best healer in the game but I'm not gonna run around as mercy with a heal beam just because no one wants to play their support. They can stay within my range to get healed
>>
>>686280188
He's one of those people that think you can just run up to him and kill bastion of your good enough to land one or two crits before he kills you in .5 seconds
>>
In such a thread i have never been able to tell who was underage as easily as this one
>>
>>686281480

Takes one to know one
>>
>>686273195
says the guy who can't afford a computer/console
>>
>Phara has the sky advantage over Bastion
>Junkrat can lay traps at points where Bastion can ride on a platform in tank form
>Roadhog can grapple him, immediately taking him out of tank form
>Tracer can transport behind Bastion
>Reaper can teleport behind Bastion
>Genji can deflect Bastion's bullets
>>
I main as D.va
Anyone else?
>>
File: 1365269909965.png (1 MB, 960x1070) Image search: [Google]
1365269909965.png
1 MB, 960x1070
I like to switch between Bastion and Mei.

Bastion is an easy character to dominate with but he is also easy to take down. The trick in bastion is staying alive and playing conservatively.

However, I wouldn't mind if it was only one character per team. I hate it when I want to play bastion but there is already 3 others.
>>
>>686282492
Bastion can wipe out an entire with on clip.
Roadhogs chain only goes so far.
Pharah is easily shot down.
Bastion can spin 360 degrees and is usual against a wall or in a corner.
Bastion waits until after genji tries deflect.
Junk rats traps are easily visible.
Heard all of this a million times uet teams made up of all these heroes still get mowed down unless they 6v1 his cheap ass
>>
>>686283416
I think you're just shit bastion isn't that tough if you just change your play style to suit
>>
>>686284754
I bet you main bastion. Blame everything on somebody being a shit player instead of your lazy playstyle
>>
>>686285003
why so butthurt anon; just because your a little bitch who can't even beat the fags who main bastion, the stationary, easily flanked low hp fucking sentry turret. kek, it's all about changing your play style to counter him, like I said.
>>
>>686282733
>>686274174

"Spread weapons" isn't really accurate cause most shotguns can crit. Reaper, Roadhog, and Torj all do extra damage if they hit the head.

McCree's alt fire will never crit, though.
>>
>>686285134
You say it like its some child's play to just side step him like he can't decimate anyone that pops into his line of sight for a split second. How about you play a character that actually makes you use some skill instead of looking in someone's general direction holding down fire
>>
>>686286732
tracer flanks him in no time, genji fucking destroys bastion too, junkrat can pop him pretty easily too; only retards that take the direct approach get killed quickly, honestly man how are you not getting this, you must be really fucking shit at overwatch to be such a cry baby over bastion.
>>
File: wow.gif (653 KB, 525x560) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
653 KB, 525x560
>>686273195
>random stuff on /b/ about some stupid game!?
Not on my watch!
Not on my overwatch!
>>
>>686273092
Use genji reflect on bastion. Turns his turret against him. I just walk climb up on him and jump in his face then reflect and he's dead. Just keep doing this til he changes players
>>
File: [Chuckles].jpg (9 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
[Chuckles].jpg
9 KB, 181x182
>>686287350
>>
>>686273092
Bastion is so easy to beat. The only people that get fucked by him are people that haven't played much.
>>
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
And the only people that try to justify him are the jackasses that don't want him needed so they can post up on the payload and ride out the match
>>
*nerfed
>>
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>686288190
Thanks anon I try
>>
>>686273092
>press h to switch hero
>>
>>686279063
default should be c:\programfilesx86\battlenet unless you installed it on a slave
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.