[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's she doing /b/ The stem still looks pretty skinny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12
File: 1464088122099-902349303.jpg (3 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
1464088122099-902349303.jpg
3 MB, 2336x4160
How's she doing /b/

The stem still looks pretty skinny imo, first time grower tho

Any tips and tricks, also general grow thread
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fb-ZDtkFJw
>>
>>685934064
Well that was pretty gay, not to mention on topic
>>
>>685933809
A little stetched, might need some support for a bit, otherwise looks fine.
>>
Assuming you're indoors -Get an oscillating fan blowing on it, the stem will toughen up.
You should have one on all the time really, right through till harvest.
>>
>>685935098
Alright, should I get it support rigth away?

>>685935257
Not indoors, well it gets to be outside from 9 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon, once its strong enough im going to plant it in the "woods"
>>
>>685935880
Will probably be fine, but if it starts leaning more then a little something helping it stay up while still letting it move in the wind might be needed.
>>
>>685934064
Underage
>>
>>685936222
Alrigth thanks mate I will wait 4-5 days and see if it straigthens up or if it just gets worse
>>
File: 1464090602665-136609126.jpg (2 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
1464090602665-136609126.jpg
2 MB, 2336x4160
Also how much water would you guys recommend at this stage?

Ive been giving them about this much every other day split between 3 pots (absorbed through the bottom)
>>
>>685935880
50% chance of being male. One is not enough unless clone or feminised seed
>>
File: 1455813563996.jpg (104 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455813563996.jpg
104 KB, 1080x1080
>>685933809
How did the germination go
? Leave out no details.
>>
>>685937493
sauce?
>>
>>685937415
They are store bougth auto seeds so I wouldent worry about that

Always best to keep shit simple eh
>>
>>685933809
Put them in a bigger pot and bury the stem in soil.
It'll grow new roots along the stem. Then make sure to put it in a spot where it gets some wind so the new stems will grow tougher.
>>
>>685937829
some inspiration for you
>>
File: 1464091244990-902349303.jpg (3 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
1464091244990-902349303.jpg
3 MB, 2336x4160
>>685937493
Well I soaked them between papper for like 24 hours and 2 of them hade just "cracked" when I planted them the third one hade no bu I just said fuck it and planted it anyways, im fairly certain that one is dead, pic related

The steam is really white and the pre leaf thing's are brown at the edges hard to see in the pic tho
>>
>>685937917
I dont want to replant them yet.since im afraid I will break them, cant I just add more soil ontop?
>>
>>685938254
Just let it grow.
What soil are you using? It should be very low on fertilizer or it could literally burn the young roots.

>>685938426
Just water the pots until all the soil is nice and wet, then compress the soil a little bit by pressing the pots together.
It'll hold together, don't worry. Just handle it with care.
>>
>>685937195
As long as it isn't bone dry or sodden it should be fine. Light watering often is generally a good way.

>>685938254
Had this happen before, one cotyledon completely brown and dead but it made it nonetheless.
>>
>>685938426
don't transplant until you can see roots growing out the bottom. Then you can ease out the soil complete into its new resting spot
>>
>>685938186
Noice, what strain?
Can't wait to harvest my own purple herb.
>>
File: IMG_20160516_203950504.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_203950504.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>685933809
Looks like a fine sprout to me. Needs a bigger pot imo. Heres one of mine at 4 weeks
>>
>>685939114
It's not mine. Mate of mine (Australia) it's a hybrid of different strains he has been working on for years..a hobby for him...he only grows outdoors. Nice plant hey. Just harvested last week. Keep up with it. Do your research and you will grow nice plants too. It's only a weed after all.
>>
>>685933809
If the root is getting abit to long and starts to droop just get some more soil and put it round the base it works great
also the reason the plant is stretching to much is because its trying to find light to try moving your light abut closer
>>
>>685939479
Looks really good, I love all the little buds and general airiness of the plant.
I'm about to get my ladies out this week, I had them grow since the end of January and it's about time they get some real light.

>It's only a weed after all
Couldn't agree more. All you need is good soil, a proper strain for your climate and sun. And of course a stealthy place to grow at.
Fertilizer is just a bonus and not even needed if your soil is really great. I still like to add some natural stuff like bat shit and rock flour tho, just makes me feel better.
>>
>>685941054
Lots of sun, good drainage, the right soil or soil-less mix and nutrients/ fertilizers. I have grown some great plants in small pots using just perlite and nutrients. Coco is great as well. Just experiment. Good luck mate!
>>
Where can you get a healthy seed to plant? I'm in FL
>>
>>685941755
Yeah, a friend of mine swears on coco! The weed also tastes way stronger than on normal soil.
I like the organic way, though. Just the way it is outside.

Have a good one!
>>
>>685938653
>what soil are you using

Just normal potting soil, along with some compost in the bottom of the pot and just a dash of chicken shit sprinkled throughout, i was carefull not adding to much

I am going to wait with transplanting them untill they are ready for the forest since this is going to be a outdoor grow

>>685938824
>Ligth watering often is a good way to go

Thanks i will keep that in mind

>that happend to one of mine

Alrigth i will give the little bugger a week to perk up before i throw her out
>>
>>685937415
>Implying feminised seeds are always female.
>>
>>685939363
>needs a bigger pot

Hmm its a pretty deep pot
Also i dont have anything bigger, atleast not that will fit in my window sill during the nigth, i do have to keep it a secret from my parents
>>
>>685943896
>Keeping it secret from your parents
>Kys
>>
Yeah, stretching can be a problem when they're not getting sufficient light. Fortunately, there is an easy solution. Just take add some more grow medium. The stem that is underground will end up growing a root system given a bit of time. Make sure to grab some superthrive for when it's time to transplant. Helps a lot with the stress. If you plan on topping or fimming, same thing.
>>
>>685943896
Yeah, that just can't go wrong.

Have fun not harvesting anything and being thrown out on the street.
>>
>>685935098
No dont support that shit, let it grow like that. The breeze will strengthen the stem and will create more fibres in the stalk and branches thus increasing yeild capability
>>
>>685944313
Lol i wouldent be doing it if i couldent do it, i got a huge ass computer screen covering my window sill, and im home alone from 8-18 every single week day
Not to mention the fact that no one ever goes in my room,

Also its just for a few weeks then they are going in the forest, last but not least my father would probably demand half of the harvest if he found out
>>
>>685944915
get him in on it and make twice the amount

Its a perfect thing to bond over.
>>
>>685944915
I'm going to guess this is your first time growing. There are some serious issues with your plan. First, you are not getting it enough light. Your yield will likely suck unless it can get some pretty direct light.
Second, you don't have proper ventilation. Just wait until flower time happens. It's going to reek and someone's going to notice. The smell will permeate your clothes and the rest of the house.
Third, how are you planning on handling drying and trimming? Drying will take ~a week and the trimming is a fairly time consuming process.

You're clearly a kid, so take some advice here. If you have all of this time on your hands, get a proper setup. If you're going to grow indoor, get a tent or convert a room into a tent. Get a proper ventilation and light solution. Vent it outside or into the attic and for the love of fuck make sure you get a carbon scrubber. You can buy a tent for around 100 bucks (or make your own out of a closet for much cheaper with just mylar), another ~100 for a fan and scrubber, and another ~150 for a marshydro 600w LED panel. For around 350, you can have a proper setup and you will yield much better.

What are you using for nutrients?
>>
>>685945216
That would be pretty awesome, just wouldent know how to approach him about it, also that faggots stolen enough weed from me, chances are he would just throw the stuff out and tell me to go buy my weed
>>
>>685945889
Closet, not room.
>>
>>685933809
Is that a baby oak tree?
>>
>>685945889
Nigga please i got it under wraps

heres the game plan

they get alteast 6+ hours of direct sunligth everyday (expet weekends) they are only going to be anywhere near my house for the first 4 ish weeks, during this time i will have 0 problems hiding them since well >>685944915
after this they are going to be about 1 km away from my house in a clearing where absolutely noeone goes with a stream running 10 m away so water wont be a issue

drying and curing will be handled by a friend with his own place

19 btw so im not some 14 year old who got a hold off some seeds from a shake and tougth it would be a good idea to grow in his window
>>
>>685945889
>What are you using for nutrients?

homemade compost and chicken shit

ive been raised with growing plants, just first time growing weed
we got everything from corn to tomatoes in our backyard (soon atleast) so its not like its my first time making shit grow
>>
>>685944915
What kinda forest?
Coniferous forests are no good if you're planting the plants directly into the earth.
>>
Speaking from experience, 19 isn't much better than 14. Already found problems with your game plan.

6+ hours of direct light ain't going to cut it. A normal veg cycle is 18h on 6h off or just 24h on (though I don't recommend 24h, as they need time to regenerate and rest at night). When it comes time to flower them, you're looking for 12/12. If you don't give it those 12 hours, it's just going to stay in veg or get all kinds of fucked up.

You also should consider a dark room for it. During flower, it's important that they don't get any light during dark hours. Light can cause stress, which can cause lower yields, reversion to vegetative state, and could turn your (it's too early, but we'll assume for now it's a) girl into a hermaphrodite, so you may end up with seeds, which isn't ideal.

You're early on now, but I can almost guarantee you're going to suffer some kind of nutrient deficiency based on your "nute" choice. I would highly recommend getting the general hydroponics trio instead. You will also likely want to get some calmag of some sort.

You really need to understand that pot is a very different animal than most plants. Despite it being a weed, it has some serious nutrient and light requirements, making it a little more complex than various agricultural crops.

I highly recommend you check out /r/microgrowery. Read everything.
>>
>>685947360
its kind of a mix lots of normal leaf trees around to, but the area i have choosen has plenty of tall grass and some really nice soil so all thats needed is some "tilling" and nice base of potting soil for it to get established in
>>
>>685947873
I don't know where you live, but you will likely have problems with pests with outdoor growing. Neem oil is highly recommended to deal with that. If you were to grow in a garden rather than a forest, a healthy colony of praying mantis or ladybugs. Both will take care of pests such as spider mites. Mantis in general are just beneficial, though. They eat a lot more and are not as picky about what they eat.
>>
File: IMG_20160512_111651.jpg (3 MB, 2304x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160512_111651.jpg
3 MB, 2304x2304
>>685947116
If you can get your hands on bat shit I'd recommend it, they seem to love it more than anything else. If there's a grow store near you just look for Budswell by the guano company it's fairly common and organic unlike general hydro which is actually owned by monsanto now. Pic related some indoor gorilla glue about half way done
>>
>>685947862
>6+ hours of direct light ain't going to cut it.

that was my main concern also, but its only for the first 4 weeks,

>When it comes time to flower them, you're looking for 12/12
>You also should consider a dark room for it. During flower, it's important that they don't get any light during dark hours.

thats why i went with autoflower seeds, i know its not going to be as good as a legit strain but i tought it would be good to keep it simple for my first grow

>You're early on now, but I can almost guarantee you're going to suffer some kind of nutrient deficiency based on your "nute" choice.

well i do have a handy guide so i can be early on with spotting the various types of deficiencys, but the area i have choose has some top notch soil imo,

>I highly recommend you check out /r/microgrowery. Read everything.

will do
>>
>>685947862
I don't want to be a dick here as generally what you are saying is true.

But they are plants, they don't have a strict regime as is so often dictated by guides. Yes, these things help and increase yields, but it's not the end of the line if they aren't 100% adhered to.

OP is clearly taking on a somewhat opportunistic approach, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't bothered by getting a yield less than the potential maximum, no one should be.

Imagine if you will a clear night with a full moon, for several nights every outdoor plant receives light and they will still produce good buds. It's not game over.

The most dangerous thing for any plant is an overbearing grower.
>>
>>685948628
IMO organic vs synthetic doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Organic arguably has a smoother taste, but that has more to do with a proper flush, dry, and cure. Even flushing is sort of speculative, but it saves nutes and doesn't harm the plant, so why the hell not?

Didn't know Monsanto bought GH. Guess I'm switching to FF on principle.
>>
>>685946759
They need 12+ hours of light. Good luck, fag
>>
>>685948528
My biggest concern with pests are spidermites and deer

deer i am planning on detering with rotten eggs and sheeps wool, spider mites, well im kinda stumped there but im fairly certain they are all that common around here, also ladybugs wont be a problem to get my hands on so thanks for the tip

sweden by the way
>>
>>685948883
Right, but set yourself up for success. This is his first time, so set it up for more or less "perfectly." He's going to fuck up. Everyone fucks up somewhere. I figure starting from as "perfect" conditions as possible, there will be less of a hit to the plants. Also said that before I found out it was an AF. That makes a huge difference.
>>
>>685949064
Agree with that, everyone uses cal mag which people don't seem to realize is synthetic. It's all about flush and cure and really more so cure than anything, I've flushed for 3 weeks and had a darker ash than some I've flushed for 3 days. Takes time to master and each strain runs a little differently. I'd recommend botanicare for a new line tho they are the cheapest, and I feel the most effective out of all the others I've tested. (Nectar for the gods, general organic, canna, to name a few)
>>
>>685949546
>Also said that before I found out it was an AF. That makes a huge difference.

yeah thats why i went with the autoflower

as you said set your self up for success

thanks for your tips guys im going out for now, still going to check in from my phone if you want to yell at me for doing wrong some where or just want to give me tips
>>
File: get with the times.jpg (46 KB, 432x399) Image search: [Google]
get with the times.jpg
46 KB, 432x399
>2016
>growing weed
[Image related]
<3 doing 3.5g lemon tek this weekend
>>
>>685950390
I've actually been interested in learning the process of culturing psilo. Any advice or suggestion on where to start?
>>
how much until starts producing weed flowers? from the time you plant it (seed pops under towel paper)
>>
>>685950651
4 wks of veg and then after the first week or two of bloom (strain dependent) you will see little flowers start to open. So I'd say at least 6 weeks
>>
>>685949546
Agreed. Fucking up is part of the game, it's arguably the best bit - aside from the eventual smoke.

You can only do what you can do.

>>685950390
BRF and verm, keeping it cleanish when 'seeding' or being in contact. Growing shrooms is easy as piss. Really.
>>
>>685951081
I mean
>>685950584
>>
>>685949132
Linköping här. Är intreserrad av att börja växa själv. Har du några tips? Och vart köpte du frön ifrån.
>>
Got my green bell peppers in! If you end up planting tomatoes don't forget to put alittle epsom salts down before transferring the plant!
>>
File: 1438785468600.jpg (223 KB, 1200x1327) Image search: [Google]
1438785468600.jpg
223 KB, 1200x1327
Pore salt water on the base of the soil to make it grow greener, anon.
>>
>>685946759
You must be bait.
If not just pull the plant now and throw it in the bin. Best thing you can do.

How old is that seedling?
>>
>>685946759
>drying and curing will be handled by a friend with his own place

Here's a major flaw. Trust no one. NO ONE knows what's going on. You are setting yourself up to be ripped off by a former friend. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>685946759
Son!

Forget about half the harvest, you ain't having any of it.

Now, bend over and drop those pants.
Time to feed my young'n.
>>
>>685950651

More like 3-4 months from germination to harvest and curing. Don't be a in hurry. Nothing good happens fast.
>>
>>685953614
Bell pepper anon here, don't do this it'll kill plant fast
>>
I've started out 3 weeks ago... gonna buy a fan for the stems tomorrow and planning on planting them outside in june or so. Any more tips?
>>
>>685956437
btw, they are standing on my windowsill in south eastern direction
>>
>>685956437
Nice, heirloom tomatoes or roma?
>>
>>685956437
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.