[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to quit smoking weed. >Any tips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 9
File: 1335145883870.gif (2 MB, 180x104) Image search: [Google]
1335145883870.gif
2 MB, 180x104
Trying to quit smoking weed.
>Any tips?
>>
go ta da store or maybe da mall idk
>>
>>685909901
You're the type of nigga who gets addicted to caffeine. fucks wrong with you put the blunt down dickhead
>>
>>685910051
or da bank maybe
>>
File: 85739485374.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
85739485374.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>685910051
>>
>>685909901
smoke crack instead
>>
Just stop. It's non-addictive. Don't be a pussy you faggot.
>>
>>685909901
get rid of all your smoking accessories, rolling paper, bongs, pipes, all of them. then just don't smoke. after like a week or so, you will not have the urge.
>>
>>685909901
just stop buying it..? fucking retard.
>>
>>685910251
>>685910307
>>685910334

But I feel like I'm addicted. My willpower is shit.
>>
>>685910251
You must be fucking retarded. You can get addicted to anything
>>
>>685910251
>what is psychological addiction

>>685909901
Try to find something else to do man, a hobby or something. Do shit with friends, work out, whatever. Try to fill the void that quitting weed leaves
>>
>>685910449
Then piss off your dealer or something. Make it somebody else's decision not to give you weed
>>
>>685910449
might as well overdose then
>>
>>685910449
I'm guessing that you're not exactly happy with your life at this moment?
Shit like this is hard to quit because it takes your mind away from stuff that is stressing you out in your actual life.
>>
>>685909901
stop smoking
/thread
>>
>>685911046
>posting /thread on your own post

wew lad
>>
>>685910821
Ya, been at my job for 11yrs and am truly unhappy. Can't quit cuz I need it to support my family. Weed is the only thing in my life that makes me happy
>>
>>685910640
>what is lack of self control
>>
>>685909901
Do not smoke weed - that's my tip.
>>
>>685911330
Tips on improving my self control? I'm open to suggestions...
>>
>>685911518
Make habits out of your day. Make a mental list. Do not include smoking in it. Throw all your shit away. Post back here a week later. Feel better
>>
>>685909901
all the things that you used to do high are not going to be as fun as they were. for me it was playing video games etc. so i would suggest the typical "go work out" bit. Reading helped me a bit. If you have friends that smoke though it becomes really difficult.
>>
>>685911330
Hey man, your life will get better soon and then you won't have to put others down to make yourself feel better :^)

>>685911518
what he said >>685911802

Start small, don't set unrealistic goals or you'll set up yourself for disappointment. If smoking is a social thing for you, try to distance yourself from that circle.
>>
>>685909901
Stop smoking it.

Problem solved.

Unless you're a spineless weak willed idiot.

You should probably move onto much harder drugs then.
>>
>>685909901
smoke a fuck ton and take like 5 grams of shrooms
>>
>>685912143
I am weak willed I won't deny that but I can barely afford weed now. About the only other drug in my area is meth and quitting weed for meth seems like a mistake
>>
File: myspaceywhen.jpg (35 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
myspaceywhen.jpg
35 KB, 416x416
>>685909901

>thatsnotsanitary.bmp

Try explaining that URI to your doctor. He would be in tears, I promise you that.
>>
File: cat.png (4 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
4 KB, 211x212
just stop. it will maybe be shit for a week but it will get better every day. After one Week i stopped smoking Cigs that was the more hardcore part. But now im feeling very well and aint missing anything. Just rip it off.
>>
>>685912020
That's the thing all my friends, and my wife all smoke. It's hard to not be around it. She don't smoke it in the house anymore but I can still smell that sweet sweet bud on her when she comes back inside.
>>
>>685911518
Control. Your. Self.

It's like an itch. The only thing stopping you from scratching it is self control. You can either indulge and scratch and make it worse or just fucking don't. It takes time and you have to start small. I can go 24 hours without eating by controlling my urges and whatever. Next time you feel you want to do something that you know you shouldn't stop and think about it. Does the risks/negatives outweigh the rewards/positives? Obviously like 50% of the population has zero self control. You can be weak or strong, it's up to you.

>>685912020
What? Faggot.
>>
File: 1463561453980.jpg (14 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
1463561453980.jpg
14 KB, 380x285
>>685912471
>About the only other drug in my area is meth and quitting weed for meth seems like a mistake

DO IT FAGGOT.
>>
>>685912856
I have. 0/10 would not do again
>>
>>685912471
Not just weak willed, retarded too...

Listen bright spark, stopping something doesn'tean replacement with something worse. Pick up a healthier habbit or hobby, like a physical or social activity.

Joining something that seems as lame as a cross country running group should save you some cash, hopefully have some like/better minded people and tire you out, so you would rather rest than look for a hook up.

Bottom line is for you to grow a pair and commit to changing your own shit.
>>
I set myself a goal. Trying to quit long enough for a hair follicle test and then I want to be able to quit my job and get a different one. Thinking something where I'm not able to smoke because of work, like a truck driver
>>
don't smoke weed, simple as that faggot
>>
>>685913291
I want to change my habits. I'm here asking for help. /b/ has some of the best advice once you weed though all the faggoty 12yr olds
>>
>>685909901
Don't have any in the house. I don't know how people manage to still be addicted when doing that. I imagine you getting up, getting your money, opening your front door, closing it behind you, going down the street, to the shop/dealer, handing over the money, rolling a joint, lighting it and inhaling it and then going "OH NO IT HAPPENED AGAIN". Seriously, how do you do that? Are you an automaton?
>>
>>685913748
A. Read the rest of that post for advice.
B. You dont get to whine about faggy 12y/o when you cant even stope smoking something...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462271726821.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462271726821.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
>>685911313
Mfw the same for me
>>
>>685909901
Just stop being a loser. How hard is that?
>>
>>685914104
You don't understand addiction do you?
>>
>>685909901
My advice is kill yourself.
Weed makes life better, if you're no longer willing to make it better, end it.
>>
I've only smoked once in the last week. And I beat myself up for slipping. But it's a lot better then the Oz I smoked last week and every other week for the last 15yrs
>>
After reading this post I now need to smoke a bowl, fuck you, OP.
>>
>>685914827
You want to, you don't need to. I've learned the difference in the last few days. Smoke one for me while your at it.
>>
>>685914322
You dont understand self discipline and making a commitment do you?

Stop making bullshit excuses and playing a victim with your, 'boo-hoo, im an addict its not my fault', cock sucked mentality and take some responsibility for your own actions and choices.
>>
>>685915202
I never said it wasn't my fault. I accept responsibility for my actions. I'm just looking for support and advice from people who are in/have been in the same situation. I've been isolating myself from all my friends cuz they all smoke weed. I'm in a rural area with no social clubs about all anyone does is drink/smoke. Don't much care for booze.
>>
>>685913748

Quit cold. If you can avoid smoking for 90 days you won't even want to anymore.

And tell your bitch wife to be supportive and to stop smoking too, it won't kill her
>>
>>685909901
Yeah m8, if you got addicted to weed. I wouldnt even drink pop. Might get addicted to Dr.Pepper and cry
>>
>>685915612
90 days is my goal. I should be able to pass a hair follicle test in 90 days. My wife isn't a bitch, she is supportive ita just she doesn't have a problem with weed like I do. I'm not going to punish her for my mistakes.
>>
>>685909901
HereIsATIP.....DONT
>>
>>685913365
This right here. Just be able to pass a test for a new job and move up a bit before you settle back into the druggie lifestyle.
>>
>>685915992
I don't want to be back into that druggie lifestyle. Trying to move past it
>>
>>685916142
But why feel like a drugy over weed? fucking nuns smoke it
>>
File: Doublesguy.jpg (35 KB, 598x600) Image search: [Google]
Doublesguy.jpg
35 KB, 598x600
Try smoking crack instead.
>>
>>685915567
Good, finally you have come to the conversation.
You posting off internet or on mobile?

A lot of people have gone through some form of withdrawl, personally have not touched it in 10+ years and alcohol in about 6.

If you truly want to change you have to commit to that, if your friends dont support your choices then they are shit friends.

The reason I ask about what you are posting from is so you can keep yourself busy with other mediums such as online gaming where you can hopefully converse at the same time and keep your mind off being bored or habitual.
>>
>>685916206
Society makes me feel like a druggie for weed. No jobs for potheads
>>
>>685911313
well that's kind of the problem.
It's not that you're addicted to weed, it's that you're unhappy. Admittedly, weed might not actually be helping with being happy, it might just be fucking up your family relationships, while just sedating you. (not saying that it is, but I've seen that shit happen with alcohol in my family)
So I'd say you have to focus on becoming happier in general.
>>
>>685916337
Guess it depends where you live. I live in Canada and I have my medical papers. So I didnt have a problem for my job.
>>
>>685909901
Stop being a weak minded faggot. If anything, all you need is some booze to help you sleep the first few nights.
>>
I used to smoke sometimes for 1 or 2 months every single night. If I didn't smoke it for one night I'd feel uneasy and a bit bored, but after a few days I stopped thinking about it and stopped craving those feels. You just fill the time you would be smoking and mindlessly entertaining yourself with something productive.
>>
>>685910251
hurr how can people be addicted to gambling or alcohol when it's not addictive?¿??
>>
>>685916265
Posting from my phone but I have good Internet. I do game but that's a big trigger for smoking for me. Tried playing black ops 3 the other day and couldn't get into it. Even with the new map packs it didn't hold my interest
>>
>>685909901
>Can't quit weed
Nigga u serious?
>>
>>685916532
this negro gets it
>>
>>685916745
Deadly serious. Why else would I make a thread asking for help? I accept that I'm too weak to do this alone and am asking for advice to help be beat this shit
>>
Get all the weed and weed shit out of your house or put it in storage or something.

I found if its just not around then its super easy to not smoke weed
>>
>>685916653
m8 gambling and booze arnt like weed. If you are a lazy fuck before you smoke weed, chances are. You will be lazy as hell when you are high. If you want to quit, than fucking just stop. You CAN do that with weed. You dont know addiction if you think you are addicted to weed. I would stay away from real drugs than
>>
>>685916737
Physical activity, form new relatiinships that aren't smokers, learn a new skill like wood working or something else that is available within yoyr area.

Black cocks is still going to set you up for yolo420 tards, try getting into something more structured or story based like an rpg, something you have to invest time into.
>>
>>685917164
I've done real drugs and didn't have a problem with them. Didn't like the way they make me feel. Weed is different for me it's the one thing that always seems to balance me out and make me feel normal. It's not a physical addiction like herion but I still feel like something is missing inside of me without it.
>>
>>685917702
Well like the other guy said in this thread. Physical activity is really great for when you need to quit. Keeps you busy and helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>685917451
>>685917817
Thanks. Guess I'll start looking for another hobby to try and fill the void. Hopefully it will make it easier.
>>
>>685918091
Physical activity makes everything better, its a basal human activity and the endorphins your body releases will help compensate for your current addiction, whilst hopefully making you healthier.

Also being too tired to go look for shit helps.
>>
>>685909901

You aren't addicted to weed. You're self-medicating your misery away with it. Take away the misery and you don't need the weed.

See a therapist.
>>
>>685909901
be an hero.
>>
>>685918489
I don't have to look for it. Got niggers calling me trying to front me zips. That's how deep in it I am.
>>
>>685916975
It's that fucking mindset that doesn't let you quit that shit for fuck sake.

It's like when a kid falls, if he sees someone is watching him he'll cry.

Don't even think about it, weed doesn't even give you a fucking addiction for fuck sake, you're just listening to what other people say.

Just stop fucking arround.
>>
>>685918789
This might be the best advice so far...
>>
whenever you get the urge to smoke, do cardio instead.
>>
>>685918091
Start running or working out everyday for a few weeks, sweat the thc out of your system, it helps a lot

break the habit and remove associated items, bongs, chop bowl, scissors etc, delete your dealers number and if you have to, restrict the money you would have used to get it, its all about breaking the habit
>>
>>685919021
While weed definitely doesn't give you a physical addiction like cigarettes do, you can still develop a psychological dependency that can feel like addiction.
>>
>>685916532
trading an addiction to weed to an addiction to alcohol seems almost as bad an idea as trading to an addiction to meth though.
>>
>>685916975
You are depressed and masking it by being constantly high.
you are afraid to be inside your own head so you change how your head works to escape the fear, but it doesn't work does it? you end up getting depressed while high, then the moody freak outs happen.
see a doctor or councilor dude, they can sort out the underlying psychological issues that make you feel the need to be high all the time.
>>
>>685922184
I'd rather smoke weed where there is only one natural ingredient then be on some prescription cocktail that only God knows what's in it.
>>
>>685921710
your body and your mind aren't separate things that live apart but just happen to cooperate sometimes when you need to take a shit, your brain is an organ inside your body, ergo psychological addiction is a form of physical addiction. literally anything can become addictive under the right conditions, like masturbation, alcohol, eating, running, plastic surgery the list goes on and some of them sound fucking ridiculous to someone not addicted. you brain forms positive reinforcement feedback loops when it finds a behavior it likes, making you more likley to do it again, if you do it enough your brain becomes dependant on that behavior and if you stop doing it your brain craves it and sends signals to you making your do it, then presto, you have an addiction!
>>
>>685922558
That's actually what I'm struggling with right now.
>Go in for depressed feels
>Get drugs for bipolar disorder (anti-depressant + antipsychotic)
>Have a breakdown and try to kill myself (i think the drugs were at least partially at fault)
>Go to mental hospital
>Get put on 5 completely new drugs
>Weed makes me feel just fine, but it's illegal

What do?
>>
>>685922558
well a councilor might just talk to you and prescribe CBT, that might be enough to get you out of your bad mindset, also you dont know everything that's in/on weed, god only knows what they spray on it to keep the bugs and mold off it?
>>
>>685909901
Yeah, don't
>>
>>685922989
I know my grower. Only foxfarm fertilizer no pesticides indoor hydro grow
>>
>>685909901
Tip 1: don't quit smoking weed
Tip 2: See tip 1.
>>
>>685922938
Ya my state isn't going to legalize it anytime soon. I know I have depression but don't like any of the pills they give. Either they don't work or make my dick limp. No thanks
>>
>>685909901
neeeeeeeeeeddd saaaaauuuccce
>>
>>685909901
Yeah, don't buy weed, you'll get rid of your addiction.

I stopped smoking weed and then I stoppped smoking cigs, weed is fucking easy to quit, don't be a faggot.
>>
>>685923333
quads has never been wrong before
>>
>>685923468
I'm trying to do both. Weed first then cigarettes. Then maybe soda also. I want to be in control of my life but sometimes I feel like I'm not the one driving
>>
>>685923368
it sounds like you really dont want to stop then, stopping wont be easy, and it will require some sort of tradeoff, you aren't willing to make that so your life will stay pretty much how it is, presuming you can continue to afford the weed.
just remember though, what goes up must come down, you are band-aiding over an issue and hiding from it, its still there and left untreated its getting worse, one of these days a chink in the chain will crack and you will crash. you can pick your battleground on your terms now and give yourself the advantage, or you can leave it and fight it when you are forced into it and unprepared.
your choice.
>>
>>685921955
So you are literally retarded, yeah? You don't get "addicted" to pot unless you smoke every day for a few months at least. And once that happens and you try to quit, you can't sleep. So it's either sleep aid pills or a few shots of alcohol before bed for a few nights, which maybe adds up to a 5th of booze total.

A 5th, anon. That's one bottle. 750ml. If you get addicted off a 5th, you deserve to live a piece of shit addict lifestyle.
>>
>>685923627
Weed is easy, dude. Really. This is hard one or two days, but you quick forget about it.

Cigarettes is way harder, believe me.. I stopped smoking more than 3 years ago, I still feel the addiction sometimes.
>>
>>685923932
the retardation is all yours my short sighted friend.
clearly OP is dependent on the weed, he needs it to mask his depression or whatever.
lets say he cold turkeys off the weed and follows your advice of drinking before bed to get to sleep (litterally one of the warning signs in any AA handbook by the way).
well what do you think a depressed clearly prone to addiction person is going to do now that they have no weed to make them feel good, but a bottle of whisky? sure it will start at a shot a night, but after a few nights one shot wont be enough, so two shots. maybe a shot or two during the day to take the edge off, before long OP will be sleeping on a park bench with a paper bag wrapped bottle of cheap piss reaking of stale vomit.
use your brain anon.
>>
>>685924468
Lol OP here and am drinking Jameson whiskey trying to fall asleep. No dice 430 am here
>>
>>685921955
Also, comparing Meth to alcohol makes me a firm believer that you're not even old enough to be here, none the less participate in a discussion over drug use.
>>
>>685924660
Fact: an addiction to meth is harmful
Fact: an addiction to alcohol is harmful

clearly neither one of those options is in OP's best interest, that is as far as the comparison went.
do you understand things when you read them, or do you just kind of blankly stare at your screen?
>>
>>685924595
ahh, so you have already tried
>>685916532
this fuckstains bad advice...
how is it working so far?
>>
>>685925472
Not well. Still up and thinking about trying to find the last half I gave my wife to hide from me so she could still smoke. She's not good at hiding stuff, but haven't looked yet
>>
>>685925873
whats the longest you have gone without in the last year or so then?
>>
>>685926010
I'm at a week now and only smoked one bowl a few days ago. Best I've done in 15yrs
>>
smoke meth
>>
>>685926335
I have. I enjoy sleeping way more then robbing houses in the middle of the night. Meth isn't for me
>>
>>685926110
when i have weed available, i literally smoke it every day till it's gone, but once i run out i dont buy more for a long while. after a day or so i dont miss it too much.
try doing that, go on a purge of the whole house, get rid of everything, even the resin left in your bowel or bong, you can smoke that shit in a pinch.
then delete your dealers numbers from your phone, make it difficult and inconvenient to get back in touch with them.
weed will become a hassle to get after a while your desire for it will decrease.
also your wife needs to quit with you cause if she is smoking it around you its way too easy to fall off the wagon.
>>
>>685926650
My dealer lives like 3 houses away deleting his number is irrelevant. She smokes in the garage now and is trying to be supportive. She took the paraphernalia she wanted and I got rid of the rest. Really trying here. My dealer won't leave me alone cuz I account for a qp a month at least from him and he don't want to lose the income I guess
>>
>>685925207
Fact: you are literally retarded for comparing alcohol to meth in regards to addiction.
>>
>>685927274
Fact: if you actually read and comprehend the post, you would know that i didn't.
Fact: people that suggest others aren't old enough to be here are usually barely old enough to be here themselves.

why don't you stop wasting your time here making yourself look like a down syndrome kid and go learn something, like how a brain works and how addictions form?
>>
>>685927771
Were you an addict, anon? Because you clearly have a textbook knowledge of addiction, yet somehow it really seems like you have no fucking experience in what is being discussed here.
>>
>>685909901
you can't get addicted to weed
>>
I was a somewhat heavy weed smoker, about two grams a day for five years. It's hard when you have a med card... I couldn't quit cold turkey, but I did slowly get off it. NO MORE wake&bakes. Wait until you're home from work as a reward.Then try to smoke every other day. Try doing that for a couple weeks. Right there you've cut your habit by 50%. Then try to go Mon - Thurs without smoking. Right now I am down to just smoking a joint on friday night. It is like my desert after working hard. I deserve it.
>>
>>685909901
Start smoking dick
>>
>>685930096
Yeah there are NO recorded cases what so ever. Weed is totalllllllly safe
>>
>>685925472
Kek. the butthurt is real.
>>
>>685929913
If you have half a brain, you don't have to live through something to have a basic understanding of it. It's called an education.
I was not alive in the 40's but i have a basic understanding of what happened in WWII
I'm not an amputee, but i have a basic understanding of what that involves.
I'm not an ant nor a spider, but i know things about both.
your lack of understanding of the topic that you are getting so worked up over has been amusing, but i'm bored with you now. your whole argument thus far has boiled down to you saying 'fuck you'
enjoy raging at your computer screen, alone.
>>
>>685909901
everybody saying "it's not hard to quit" has no idea what its like actually trying to quit. 19 now, been going pretty hard since i was around 13. in my situation its harder - because i have basically unlimited access to bud. its not mine, so i can't stop it coming. i just have to be around it and not steal it (im around it like 4-6hours of the day).
>>
>>685909901
Start gambling

No money
No weed
No problems
>>
>>685930608
So no is you're answer. It's frustrating talking to a moron like you, because I have been a stoner before, and kicked it by drinking for a few days. I've lived it. You have not. Addiction is not one size fits all.

Also, "I'm right because you said fuck". Top Kek, anon. What a faggot. I'm just happy for OP that you're finally getting off your high horse and fucking off.
>>
File: 1463446107113.jpg (29 KB, 540x567) Image search: [Google]
1463446107113.jpg
29 KB, 540x567
read that section in infinite jest about the guy preparing to pick up weed and assess his psychological condition to see your situation a little more objectively and to see how pathetic it is.

baby steps. keep at it. don't bee too hard on yourself. don't be soft either. you'll get there. life is amazing. fuck anyone on here who says otherwise
>>
I'm 21, have been smoking pot almost everyday since I was 16.
I just stopped two weeks ago cold turkey.
Couldn't eat anything without feeling full and like I'm gonna ralph if I eat anymore.
Starved myself on purpose like 3 days ago till I was shaking violently and could hardly move.
Ate like a beast, and now I feel perfectly fine.
Can eat normal and shit again.
Idk about will power, stop hanging out with your "friends" if all they do is wanna get high and drunk.
If you find yourself asking "How am I gonna get money for pot or beer today?"
You need to start dreaming again, find an ambition.
>>
>>685910449
It's just placebo. You feel good while smoking, so you don't want to give it up. Bit ypu're not addicted...
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.