[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to become homeless. The exact circumstances are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: homeless-man.jpg (2 MB, 1701x1129) Image search: [Google]
homeless-man.jpg
2 MB, 1701x1129
I'm about to become homeless.

The exact circumstances are unimportant.

Tips, tricks, and advice for my new life as a dirty vagrant.
>>
You no have a car?
>>
>>685782418
Learn to suck dick. You'll always have beer money.
>>
>>685782418
Get a good sleeping bag
>>
>>685782489
No car, I have a tarp and some basic survival skills applicable to a wilderness setting.
>>
go sleep on a friends couch a few days then move to a different friend then if theres a night where none will give you a couch go to a crap pub and pick up a 300lb chick and go back to her place and sleep there
>>
Avoid other homeless like the plague. They'll try to kill you without hesitation if they even think you have a dollar. Keep any nice shit to yourself and tell no one for the reason stated above. Learn to fight if you don't know already.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 540x540
>>685782732
>/b/
>friends
???
>>
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qguwr6qmn8beoum/AAC7Kjs-_S6_ugUPp64q5RYva/Self%20Defence%2C%20Fighting%20%26%20Survival?dl=0
>>
Start a public Nazi rally to curry favor with the neo nazis, then have them all commit ritualistic suicide and leave all their possessions to you
>>
>>685782971
if you got no friends time to fuck allot of 0-2 out of 10s
>>
Have you exhausted all couch surfing efforts?
>>
Where u live? General area.
>>
>>685782642
living in the woods can put you in jail though because it's not your property. Everything you have with you in said woods will also be lost as soon as you get caught as the police aren't going to pack up your things. They will just throw all of it away because the automatic assumption is that it isn't yours anyway.
>>
>>685782418
Get a lawnmower, summer is coming
>>
are there no boarded up houses you can squat in
>>
>>685782418
Start looking for a job NOW.
If you already have a job you're one step up, but it's time to get two, three, four if you have to. A lot of companies have "no homeless" and "no unemployed" policies when looking at applications.

Find a cheap motel and stay there so you have a place to sleep and a shower.

If you can't afford that right now then you need to at least get a gym membership so you can shower and wash your clothes in the shower.

Panhandling will get you stuff SOMETIMES. Other times people are going to do everything they can to fuck with you, including taking any money you've been given throughout the day regardless of how much you need it.

Remember; you are now considered subhuman. Very few people see the homeless as what they are, people down on their luck. Most people see you as a thing that doesn't feel like contributing.

If you're in or near a city you've got a leg up. If you're out in the country you're in for really hard times.

Good luck man.
>>
>>685783239
New Hampshire area.

Nowhere near big cities.
>>
>>685783280
>because it's not your property
I hate how people can claim ownership of shit like 'the woods'. I understand the need for a concept of ownership, but there should be degrees. It's crazy to think that it's actually illegal to leave society.
>>
File: 1462882033309.jpg (59 KB, 525x742) Image search: [Google]
1462882033309.jpg
59 KB, 525x742
>>
>>685783764
It's the governments, and if there's anyone who hates squatters it's the government.

>>685783722
Hitchhike. Pack up your BEST CLOTHES and a few other sets of clothes, and essentials, and get your ass to a city ASAP.
>>
OP hit up the nearest temp agency and say you want any job available for Christ's sake
>>
>>685782418
Army or volunteer work that offers housing you fucking peasant.
>>
>>685782418

Carry a knife, as stated above learn to fight. Do everything you can to get a job now. Look for farmers adds, they can help a guy out more than you'd think. A barn to sleep in, and work for your food, its a hell of alot better than squeejeeing with punks or fighting over a cardboard box with other homeless folks. The best equipment can be found at an army surplus. But the fancier you get the more attention you attract. Travel light. There's always a way out...
>>
Join a sect, like Jehova's witnesses or something.
>>
>>685784036
Think about it - if you wanted to leave your home, your job and your wider community right now, you'd likely end up in jail. You can't live and sleep on the streets. You can't squat. You can't live in the woods or the desert. For all our liberties, society, and the modern world as it stands, is something we are literally forced to participate in.
>>
Take your last monies for bus ticket or hitch hike to Florida, California, Arizona, Texas. If still homeless in winter, you won't freeze your arse off.
>>
>>685782418
Kill as many rich cunts as you can.
>>
>>685784474
Aye. It's a bit bizarre considering we view frontiersman as heroes to top it all off.
>>
Get a gym membership so you can daily baths
>>
>>685782418
still around OP?
>>
>>685784607
This
>>
I would go up north to the woods, but I live in canada and its literal wilderness, but its summer right now.

If you are going this route make sure to make camp near a water source and have a really good fucking tent and a sleeping bag.

Learn how to make traps and get a small rod for fishing, in general try to pack up as much knowledge about wilderness and survival into that faggot head of yours.

If you are not the type to escape somewhere wild and want to take your chances in the city, then I cant offer any advice unfortunately.
>>
I used to be homeless. I used fake addresses and phone numbers and still was able to get a job at a temp agency. I was only homeless on the streets with no roof for a month until I could afford a car.

My tip: you NEED to find a job as soon as you can. Preferably a place that don't ask a lot of questions but Thats just me.. I once made 50 bucks on a rainy day holding a little ceasars sign next to the road. Same for liberty tax.

It's hard but don't be a pessimistic bitch because that drags you down even farther. Also I've learned to NEVER associate with other homeless. I learned that the hard way because they only want to fuck you over and you get dragged down farther with them.

Live in solidarity and concealment and always be weary of everything. Try not to thrive solely off of people pitying you. Only you are going to help yourself, so you need to start pulling you own weight up.

You're not homeless yet, from what you've mentioned, so use your current address for jobs in your area.

Scrape money together and get out of NH and go somewhere a job is more prevalent and is more urban.
>>
>>685782418
>The exact circumstances are unimportant.
But that's the only aspect of it which interests me
>>
>>685785049
Also. Get used to being tired ALL THE TIME
>>
>>685783722
Any national parks? You can pretty much squat there indefinitly as long as you move camp every three days. If your skills are good, you'll be able to gather all the food you will need. This coming from experience.
>>
>>685782418
I think OP died
>>
If I ever were to become homeless I wouldn't stop in one place and feel sorry for myself, get a tent, good pair of walking boots, a map, learn how to live of the land and just go on a long adventure. Don't become an alcoholic or druggie
>>
>>685785180
That means it's something that we here will judge harshly on (like drugs or something like that or him being dangerously foolish). It means him being homeless is probably entirely his fault and he wants the thread to be about advice and not criticism. Which is good because no one wants to really hear a sob story, it shows that if you don't want to reveal a lot about yourself, it means other people won't expect you won't expect the same of them.

Source: been there done that
>>
>>685783722
603 here. Stay away from the Merrimack river that runs through concord. The homeless guys in that area are known to be axe murdering lunatics.
>>
File: 20160523_114448.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160523_114448.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>>
>>685785717
>40+ replies
>no one cares
pick one
>>
>>685782418
Wash daily - use the fucking river if you must. Stay well groomed

Prepare by printing 100 cv's and hand them out over the course of 1 week. You will have nothing else to do.

In 1 week you will have a job and no longer be facing homelessness. Problemo solvo
>>
>>685785957
no one cares.
>>
File: 20160523_115031.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160523_115031.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>
Beg all the time, go to the library, free and warm inside, find homeless shelter to sleep in, spend all money at 1 dollar store
>>
File: 20160523_115345.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160523_115345.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>
>>685782418
Was it drugs?

Did your parents kick you out?

Did you skip out on rent?
>>
you could kys???
>>
>>685782576
I second this it's ok in summer but in winter the frost will potter ally kill you if it's cold where u are
>>
File: 20160523_115532.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160523_115532.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>
>>685785480
That's a nice idea, but painfully naive. Homeless people get moved on or arrested in parks and forests all the time.
>>
>>685782418
You're anonymous. Just tell how you ended up homeless.
>>
>>685786868
Exactly haha deliver op
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.