[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /b/ so im starting to lose my feelings it started about a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 4
File: o-DEPRESSION-facebook.jpg (125 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-DEPRESSION-facebook.jpg
125 KB, 2000x1000
hey /b/
so im starting to lose my feelings
it started about a year ago
at first it came in waves, they intensified and started getting longer
i now sometimes have but days in which i feel
i still sometimes feel around specific people, like my best friend and my crush
i really should see a therapist, but im scared of what they might say
its like im just drifting along
i want to end it because a life without feeling is not worth living i think
im scared the waves will stop and ill just be completely devoid of emotions
i think ill end it in about a year
any advice?
>>
selfbump
>>
>>685666259
The therapist thing sounds pretty good to me. You could consider getting addicted to something as well, maybe coke to give you that "get up and go" motivation.
>>
>>685667099
kek
xtc is the only thing that works atm
>>
>>685666259
I actually deal with this somewhat. I went through a series of traumatic experiences and have since had a relative lack of emotions. It doesn't particularly bother me as much as it tends to bother others. When I get into situations where I must show empathy I just fake it.

Luckily, no one really seems to notice when you have this problem, so you don't need to explain yourself or go on some stupid drugs that ruin your life like depression, etc.

Here are a few things that I found help take my mind off of thinking that life is "just an endless grind." First, get a significant other or go out and make some friends. I was lucky enough to find a significant other that seems to be just as devoid of emotions as me but not quite as much. Also, find a hobby that you really enjoy or a few hobbies. I really enjoy cycling for fitness and I am really into Hi-Fi Audio. Nothing beats coming home after another boring day and spinning up a track on my system.

Hope this helps a bit.
>>
>>685667369
yeah i would try that if i ever had the guts to ask a girl out, my one goal at the moment is self preservation, i wont let a girl ruin it
>>
>>685666259
not trolling here but I stopped feeling very long ago when the person i loved left me for someone she said was just a friend, for a week i was very unwell physically and mentally, then just mentally for a few months, then i woke up one day, and i was cold, my "soul" was dead, to this day i care about nothing, i still have good times with friends and my current gf, but i know in my mind i would not care if they all died tomorrow, on the plus side im not afraid of dying, because im literally just a shell who cares for nothing, wouldn't worry to much
>>
>>685667826
right, thats comforting
>>
Maybe you have borderline or bipolar disorder. You should go to a psychiatrist, or you can ask Google
>>
>>685667774
Wouldnt hurt to go out and try and meet people at the bars or club or something. Even better, try and make friends at work. You see them every day afterall.

In all honesty I could care less about my social life though. Its too much work and doesnt really benefit me in any way. As someone who was once in a similar position as you I recommend getting a hobby. Get "addicted" to something, but not something bad. Getting a good hobby gives you something to set goals for, and personal goals give you something that keeps you wanting to wake up every day.
>>
>>685667826
This is a good way to describe the feeling. If everyone I was close to died I would be slightly sad and discomforted but on the whole I would be completely fine.
>>
>>685668240
right, there are no clubs/bars where im at
im unemployed
im already a frequent user of xtc
>>
>>685668490
OP here, during the feelingless times i feel exactly like this
>>
>>685667369
i've been pretty much doing that aswell
I think it was my mom's death that set the lack of emotions off since she died when iwas 16.
I still laugh at shit but i don't care for others and i have to fake interest in others.
I'm getting better at it by the day.

On the bright side, i give a single fuck and i'm really chill.
>>
>>685668580
Getting a job would probably be a really good start to be honest anon. Or just moving to some shitty apartment in some place completely new and THEN getting a job. Sometimes drastic change is the best catalyst for a devoid life.
>>
>>685668889
off by one
>>
>>685668889
i really dont want too much of a hassle though
>>
>>685668747
Honestly the worst oart about having this issue is when I'm trying to have a serious argument with my significant other and she says "why don't you ever get mad or sad? This would be way easier to solve if you did."

At those moments it kind of makes having an in-depth relationship hard. But there are always ways to express how you feel if you can't do it through speech. Sometimes I have to sit down and take a long time to actually think about how I feel on an issue.

But yeah, other than that, being super chill all the time is a pretty easy life. Although it makes getting motivated to succeed really hard sometimes. No one wants to be a failure but sometimes I just don't care enough.
>>
>>685666259
serious question how old are you?
>>
>>685669701
Just became 18 last week
>>
>>685668979
Dammit I almost had based quads.

>>685669312
Hmm, well then as I said, the least hassle way of trying to solve this is getting a hobby. It shouldnt be too hard to find something that you are genuinely interested in. And since you dont have any friends it doesnt matter what anyone thinks of your hobby.

>>685669701
Im in my 20's. So I dont have a ton of life experience but Ive had my fair share.
>>
Go see a therapist. Just don't expect the answers to come from them, they'll come from you, in time. It's the process of actually getting your thoughts out of your head that makes it worth while. It doesn't change if the only input you ever get is you, listening to your own thoughts all the time.
>>
I am 40. Just wait it out. Soon you may only be able to feel indigence and self satisfaction. That will leave soon enough too, and then you just try to avoid suspicion in others of what you are becoming. There is a buzz in that at least.
>>
>>685670369
But everyone i ever talk to seems, i dont know, really slow witted
Its really frustrating to talk to people when they take 15 minutes to get the simplest of things
My thoughts are the only thing fast enough to keep me company
>>
Youre not op,
I am, and like i said i just became 18 last week
>>
>>685670967
>>685670152
>>
>>685670837
I spent 15 years running around in my own head trying to solve everything by myself. Get help, no matter how dimwitted their responses are it gives your brain new input to process and small but significant changes to how you approach your troubles will appear.

Also worth noting is that you can change your therapist/psychologist, there's always someone who fits you better.
>>
>>685671742
Im going to a therapist within this year
Ill try not to get too frustrated
>>
I've been pretty emotionally devoid for as long as I can remember starting from when I was still a kid. I've never gotten sad from the loss of a family member or friends. In situations where others get pissed I stay calm and collected, so much that people ask me why I don't get mad. I just tell them I try to stay happy but in reality i just don't care. I've never really enjoyed anything or disliked it either. I'll laugh when something is funny but I don't really get enjoyment out of it. I don't think I'm drifting through life as an empty shell, I live obersving everything around me.
>>
File: 1423431907712.jpg (426 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1423431907712.jpg
426 KB, 960x1280
>>685671742
I can vouch for this anon.
I'm so anti-social that I stay in my head forever, except for my roommate and my girlfriend. When I smoke or drink I give myself a headache because of how much I'm thinking.
>>
>>685672198
This is what im starting to become
Do you ever feel the need to end it?
>>
>>685672198
>I don't think I'm drifting through life as an empty shell, I live obersving everything around me.

This describes how I feel pretty much. After youve been devoid for so long you just start to feel like youre an observer to the world. It is kind of interesting really.
>>
I've evolved into no feelings. It sucks. But hey fuck it.
>>
>>685672602
No I don't, I hold onto the last "enjoyment" I guess I have of observing life and watching how the world revolves day to day.
>>
>>685672879
This is one of the first comforting thing anyone in this thread has said
Thank you
>>
>>685673046
Honestly I dont think anyone that has this issue of being devoid of feelings ever really wants to end it all. I may be speaking for everyone when I say this, but once you accept that your emotions are gone and just start coasting there is no reason to want to end it. You just simply enjoy going through life and not really caring what happens. You also dont particularly fear death so that is a factor as well.
>>
>>685673046
Glad I could help, I know and understand it's not an easy way to live, but it's a way to live.
>>
You fellows are talking about being comforted and glad to help.

You still express emotion. You lack insight and depth in even your use of language
>>
>>685672672
I feel kinda the same, could you give a better explanation of the observer feel?
>>
>>685674183
Like i said, its in waves, im in a feely part of the wave right now. But dont worry the waves are starting to settle
>>
>>685674441
good. clarity is good.

I don't worry. get with the program
>>
>>685674436
Its like youre dreaming, but not really, like this is all just a scenario playing out in your head
>>
>>685674436
The best way to describe it is that you have reached a point where you are comfortable with who you are and comfortable with your position in life. After that you just begin to cruise through life and take in everything around you while removing all of the focus on yourself.

It is hard to explain indeed, but basically it is like taking a backseat to life or like the person who walks down the street with earbuds in. They see everything that is going on, but they dont neccessarily care about what is going on at all or are very indifferent.
>>
>>685674662
>Its like youre dreaming, but not really, like this is all just a scenario playing out in your head

Oh yes, this is a rather good way to describe it as well. I often imagine my life as a simulation. Whatever happens, happens and I'm just along for the ride. Someday the simulation could end early or someday I'll die. Either way I cant change how the simulation runs.
>>
>>685674953
This is the most accurate description of how i feel ive ever read.
Did you ever see a therapist?
If yes what did they say?
>>
Any of you guys sometimes feel that some of the coincidences are a bit too much to be coincidences?
>>
>>685675444
No, Ive never seen a therapist, as I dont feel that there is anything particularly wrong with me. I am not socially dysfunctional nor do I have any mental or physical issues that are detrimental to my health as a result of my lack of emotions.

It is my personal belief that becoming this way emotionally is just a natural response and there is nothing wrong with it. Perhaps some people are even born this way. I can still be (and am) just as succesful in life as someone who is very emotional. I can do whatever I want in life, it is just whether or not I decide that I want to.
>>
>>685676030
No
>>
What most of you are describing is not a lack of emotions, it is general apathy.
>>
>>685676030
Occasionally, sometimes I have dreams where I vaguely see something happening or a series of events leading up to another event. It could be days or even months but eventually most of these dreams actually happen in the real world and for some reason I always recall the dream where I normally cannot recall most dreams.

Ive always had a strong sense of Deja Vu ever since I was young. Ive never thought much about it other than "oh, that was weird."
>>
I kinda know what you're talking about, OP. Except I was born with it. Its hard to explain. I feel emotion, but its like its all dulled to the point I could barely call it a feeling. Everything is just sort of there for me. I thought everyone was like this until i was about 8.

>my advice?
Get good at acting and lying. You have to act like you care or feel the same way as everyone else. For example: I taught myself how to fake cry when my mom died so I didn't seem out of place.
Also drugs, sex, and good food sometimes help if you want to feel something. And don't look at this as a burden. Think of all the benefits. Do I ever feel guilty after lying to a girl to get her into bed then never talking to her again? No. Everyone else would. Hope this helps
>>
>>685676454
Maybe that is a better way to describe it. But at some point you become so apathetic that you barely feel anything at all.
>>
>>685676563
you must have special powers then, Professor X
>>
Don't worry about it.

Start exercising every day. Push ups and squats to start with. Read how to do good quality ones.
Eat healthily, plenty of vegetables, fruits and lean mean. Cheese and nuts are good too for fats and minerals.

Spend an hour outdoors in the fresh air, preferably around nature and greenery. Walking clears the mind, nature relaxes.

Take up a new useful hobby, preferably a social one. A martial art, dancing, carpentry, hiking, musical instrument.

Allow yourself to feel. Watch some sad, happy, scary films for practice. Push out comical thoughts, immerse yourself in the film.

Realise that life is very transitory, and you can miss a lot of opportunities by not fully experiencing things.

Being more social and open with people often brings out emotions and builds bonds.

If you have a crush, make it clear to her you like her, chat with her, tell her you like her if need be, ask her out.
Don't wait for the right time,,it will never come. Just do it.
>>
>>685676698
Have a hormonal panel done, particularly for your thyroid.

Talk with your doctor, say you would like to find out if it is hormonal.
>>
>>685676729
you may define it that way, but you still express yourself emotionally. You feel up, down, good and bad about things. If you genuinely lacked emotions, those sorts of statements would just confuse you.
>>
>>685676761
Yeah I know, I think its rather stupid too. I also thought of Professor X when I was typing it out. Coincidences are just coincidences though. Lately I havent been dreaming at all though. Or maybe I just dont remember them. Either way they most likely dont matter.
>>
>>685676879
Did almost all of these things already
Didnt help
>>
>>685676563
i used to track my coincidences for a while but i stopped.

The most recent was yesterday :
Was outside when i thought to myself that i needed some milk, went to a store, my favourite milk was on sale. Got back home, turned on League of legends and the first match i played had people with clan tag MILK in it.
>>
>>685677096
shit... now you are reading my mind! I am gonna build a special helmet to block you
>>
Kek
Thats coincidences for ya
Milk is a really common thing you delusional twat
>>
>>685677415
>>685677218
>>
>>685677078
That is true. However, I do not think it is possible for any human being to have a complete lack of emotion. Humans will always have some base level of instinct. I do think it is possible to see a greatly reduced emotional response in humans though.

>>685677218
Indeed a typical coincidence at best I would say.

>>685677345
Good work anon. You actually managed to get a slight laugh out of me.
>>
>>685670837
I've had this always.
There are occasional people, every decade or so with some ability to understand, who are a pleasure to communicate with.
Apart from that, humans are a disappointment, and my brain is becoming smooth from lack of stimulation.

I constantly have to run on their level to have social interactions, everything is filtered and slowed, simplified.
Find somewhere where you can meet people capable of thinking.
>>
>>685677415
>>685677517
I think i might be delusional yea, that thought crossed my mind more than once, but there have been so many of these little things i'll post the stuff i kept track of.
2016/04/05 - Was thinking about my hometown and saw a person from my highschool in a local shop. While going back from it, i accidentally kicked a rock to the road and was thinking to myself that with all the stuff happening around, it's gonna be rode over by the next car. It happened.
2016/04/09 - 2 am, was wondering if it's too late to take a shower, went to take one anyway and after i was going back to the dorm, a janitor so to say had to wait for me to finish the shower and asked to not to go this late again.
2016/04/09 - My roomate was going to the shop, so i asked to for an energy drink, but if there's Monster Assault on sale, buy that one instead and it was on sale.
2016/04/10 - My friends S and M had problems with their headphones, both of them couldn't hear anything from one headphone.
2016/04/16 - I went to a lan party. I sat at table V3. I frequent on board /v/ and i won the 3rd place in a Mortal Kombat X lan party tournament.
>>
>>685666259
This sort of happened to me after I had what i thought was a near death experience. Got really emotionless and couldn't communicate with people the way I wish I could.

My best advice I think i can give is to let you know it fades in time. You'll start to trust people again and want to express yourself again. It just takes a little time.

Its best to understand that you're not broken or anything and this is a normal thing that happens. Its just a sort of instinctual self defense thing almost. Just be aware of it and be aware of your insecurities you might have at this time and any anger or sad feeling this stuff might cause and just try to rationalize your way out of it, and things will get better, trust me.

One of the best things to do to get your emotions back flowing is to get drunk and listen to some sad music or watch a sad movie and think about some pain you have about your life and the world and just cry. Emotions are a good thing to have and its good to be sad too. Crying is one of the bodies best therapies.
>>
>>685677065
Explanation?
>>
>>685677797
Serial killers and true sociopaths... also severe autistics.

I am also Magneto btw
>>
>>685677854
Oh
My
God
We are the same
>>
>>685666259

its called growing up

consider zen
>>
>>685677195
Take some risks.

Approach girls.
Do things that you find challenging, do them until you are good, stick with them.

Talk with old people, they might give you some insight.

Sunlight helps a lot with mood regulation.
>>
>>685678087
Oh shit. I knew it was you all along Magneto. I can never seem to escape you.
>>
>>685678054
Havent had a slight trauma in 6 years
>>
>>685678428
would you say... I attract you?

Well piss off then wheels. I dont swing that way.
>>
>>685678428
You pieces of shit, i recently watched x men and just now i started watching captain america winter soldier.
AND YOU'RE SAYING THAT I'M DELUSIONAL?
>>
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16 KB, 193x261
enlist
>>
>>685678646
Oh my... My non-existant feelings have been crushed. I shall now wheel away in shame. I didnt even have a proper chance to confess my love.
>>
>>685678646
Kekked out loud
>>
>>685677065
Having an under or overactive thyroid can cause severe changes in hormone regulation, presenting in some cases as dulled emotions.
There can be other hormonal triggers too. Pituitary, hypothalamus, adrenals.

Have a hormone test for perhaps thyroid and testosterone first. See if anything turns up.
Most of them can be treated, if it is physiological you might experience something similar to Dorothy waking from black and white into colour.
Worth investigating.
>>
>>685678597
Not saying what you're feeling is from extreme trauma, just saying I had extreme numbness personally from a trauma I had. But it can be brought on from normal everyday life as well.
>>
>>685678067
This was meant for you >>685678899
>>
>>685678791
Im considering this
>>
>>685666259
>be me
>lose emotions
>go through boo hooey feel bad for myself phase
>realize this is a good thing
>smoke weed tobacco to feel happy, or at least not bad
>use lack of emotions to help me sail through life
People appreciate someone who's calm and relaxed, or appears that way because they're really feeling nothing. And it helps to not feel bad about certain things, to be indifferent os really more a gift than a curse
>>
>>685678754
Have you seen Captain America: Civil War yet Anon? It has TWO after credit scenes. Honestly the movie was pretty good too, despite not being very true to the comic.
>>
>>685679038
If you had any emotion left this will destroy them
>>
>>685679097
don't follow the comic and i'm planning to do a captain america marathon tonight, i've heard taht winter soldier is the best so i'm starting with it, although i think i should've start with the oldest one.
>>
>>685679069
>People appreciate someone who's calm and relaxed, or appears that way because they're really feeling nothing. And it helps to not feel bad about certain things, to be indifferent os really more a gift than a curse

This is definitely true. There are some people who wish to feel and others who wish not to feel. Honestly I would much rather be the way I am now and not feel rather than feel too much. It really isnt as bad as some people make it out to be.
>>
>>685678273
Study hard, even if it is boring and easy.
Stick with it, finish it - don't be a perfectionist, just do it to a decent standard so it is done.

Study and work in fields you are most interested in, you will meet others in those fields with the possibility of similar minds.

Other than that, seek places or clubs where thinking people might go.
Still there will be 90%+ disappointments, but you'll soon find the ones worth speaking with.

As for everyone else, take them for what they are. Even the idiots can sometimes have their own value.
>>
ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soOxnqES08U
>>
File: 1463488179093.jpg (78 KB, 625x629) Image search: [Google]
1463488179093.jpg
78 KB, 625x629
nigga this thread is fulla self obsessed teens that think theyre better than everyone

is this /b/ now?
>>
>>685679459
This is true i guess
Being over emotional is the worst thing a person can be
>>
>>685679452
Honestly you should always watch the Marvel Universe movies in order as the creators make TONS of references to previous movies even if they arent directly related. The Captain America series in particular makes a lot of references to the Iron Man series.
>>
>>685679618
Yes it is
And being borderline suicidal is not thinking youre better than everyone
>>
>>685679917
being borderline suicidal in your case is because you want to think youre better than everyone but you cant prove it, not even to yourself

just like any other teenager

im not gonna say do it or dont i dont care but this is most likely just a phase
>>
>>685680529
Kek
I am better than about 94% of the people
My iq is higher than steven hawkings'
I just dont want to live without feeling
>>
>>685680843
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>685681381
Sure
>>
>>685680843
Well, I am better than you and 96% of the population and can run faster than "hawkings" and forget my pants more often than Einstein. I am so hot I have to wear a mask when I go out or everyone cums. I am invincible. No way you will ever Vince me!

Go fuck yourself you toss spot. I am laughing AT you.

Your friend,

Magneato
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.