[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posted this a while ago but i decided to post an update. Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 16
Posted this a while ago but i decided to post an update.

Just to brief yall, i have advanced Esophageal cancer and im only expected to live about 3 week to 3 months. I posted a thread like Monday i think asking what i should do with the time i have left, and i did some of your ideas.

So i got my first [pity] blowjob (cancer perks amirite), i sat outside and watched the sunset every single day this week, and I listened to that one Swans album.

Id appreciate it if you guys gave me more ideas for stuff to do before i die. I cant really do much because i'm only 17 (pls no report im going to die soon anyway) so take that into consideration when tellin me what to do.

Also feel free to ask any questions. I was given the option to stay at home with hospice care, and I took it (id rather die at home than in a hospital), so i have some free range.

(I apologize if any if my sentences are confusing, im a little out of it because i'm on some pain meds so i have trouble concentrating on stuff like typing correctly)
>>
>>685363034
I remember your last thread. That perk sounds nice! Thx for the update. Feels.
>>
>>685363034
You are gonna die soon, why do you even bother in writing shit on /b/. I'd go outside and kill some niggers before I die. Do something memorable.
>>
>>685364644
I post here mostly for my own enjoyment. Helps me organize my thoughts and im able to confess shit that i wouldn't to anyone who knows me IRL (such as one of the things im most upset about regarding my situation is that ill never get to see any of the new star wars movies).
>>
File: What-do-you-desire alan watts.png (684 KB, 853x533) Image search: [Google]
What-do-you-desire alan watts.png
684 KB, 853x533
>>685363034
you seem like a cool guy op, so why not just have a lit night with ur friends or whatever makes you happy cuz thats what's important before u die amirite?
>>
>>685365118
spoiler: Jar Jar Binks is revealed to be the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy.
https://youtu.be/8yy3q9f84EA
>>
>i'm on 17

MODS
>>
>>685366413
Cmon, my birthday is June 9th. I think thats close enough
>>
>>685365118
Go to a junkyard and just smash some shit
Get laid
Drive way to fast
Try some drugs (stay away from opiates since they may not mix well with pain meds)
Try and stay positive dude sorry to hear dude.
>>
>>685366848
Not sure you will ever get there lol
>>
>>685366909
yo op this anon has his shit together
take a looksie
>>
>>685366988
wooooooooooow
>>
>>685366988
Exactly. So give me some slack
>>
>>685366909
I agree with mr smashing-shit
It's pretty fuckin' fun.
Do whatever the fuck you want.
I hope you enjoy your last moments.
>>
>>685366909
That actually sounds pretty solid. Theres a huge junk yard like a mile from my house that has a bunch of old cars in it. If i got one running i could kill two birds with one stone. Or 4 if i bring a chick and some weed
>>
>>685367111
Put it this way anon, you at least got trips b4 your death
>>
>>685367476
you are my favorite op tbh
>>
File: 1462660662786s.jpg (5 KB, 250x147) Image search: [Google]
1462660662786s.jpg
5 KB, 250x147
>>685367627
>checked
>>
Consider Fetlife OP
>>
>>685363034
do any drug you can get ahold of whats the worst it could do
>>
File: 1453313799948.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453313799948.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
>>685363034
So op. You are on the verge of death. But scientifically speaking you will be reborn. Okay now stay with me for a second. Let us consider one of the two major theories about the universe. The universe will exsist for ever aka infinity. Which also means that every mabey becomes a certain. And one of those possibilites are that your exact atoms sooner or later will join in together and create a new you. So do not sweat it op you are just disolving in other parts for a long while.
>>
>>685367111
trips. wtg.
>>
>>685367927
Actually all the energy in the universe will eventually even out causing the inevitable Heat Death, but thanks for the comfort anon. If i wasnt poor as shit id get myself cryonically frozen so that maybe someday i can be brought back in some sorta robo body.
>>
>>685367627
My life has been fufilled and i can now die happy
>>
>>685367655
Thanks anon. Makes me feel gud
>>
>>685368209
>Heat Death
Well that would be a more pessimistic theory. Also consider multiverse theory and you should be set for a good amount of comfort in your fate. Also watch Rick and Morty if you have not already. Acctualy a bit jelly on that part because I think you will have an amazing experience with it.
>>
>>685368354
thats why i'm here no? ur trying to be happy b4 death so ima try to help a bit
>>
>>685368527
I suppose so. Also i love rick and morty B) sucks that i wont be able to watch the next season
>>
did you get to make a wish? what was it anon?
>>
>>685368779
Ho boy. Dont even wanna say it because its really cliché, embarrassing and childish to be frank
>>
kill hillary clinton
>>
>>685368986
disney land?
>>
>>685369109
nah disneyland is cool for everyone he said childish
>>
>>685369109
Actually it was disney world
>>
>>685369243
>>685369109
well shit I lied
>>
>>685369237
While i agree with the first half, you have to admit that disneyland/world is basically every 6 year old cancer patient's wish
>>
>>685369415
good point
>>
>>685369601
The only reason i chose disney was because i wanted to see the new star wars shit (it was actually pretty sweet, would recommend)
>>
>>685369243
If you don't have something better, like meeting a personal hero or some shit, Disney isn't a bad choice
>>
Write to some famous people that you're about to croak and want to meet them.

Also, you're in a unique position. You can find religion. I suggest going to a Catholic Priest and telling him your situation and asking him how to get to heaven.

This is the time to believe, anon. If you don't do anything else right in your life, this is the one thing you gotta do.
>>
Fuck man. My gramps has skin cancer, but you at age 17? Well I guess if I was almost going to die, I would try to make some important point to the world about whatever the fuck you wanted, and try and change something for the better. I guess you could get into a fight with some faggots you hate in school. You could also take a bunch of drugs and shit and OD.
>>
>>685370330
Im actually an atheist, but the closer I get to havin my ticket punched, the more i try to make myself believe in an afterlife or something. I hate admitting it, but i'm actually kind of scared of dying and sometimes i stay up all night just thinking about it. The unknown brings me great anxiety. Though, i will take that idea into consideration. My family doesnt go to church or whatever like, ever (i wasnt even baptized), but im sure i could go this coming sunday. And when it comes to requesting a visit from a famous person, i dont really like the idea of that because it seems like it would be just a big pity party (which i would despise)
>>
>>685371068
Hey anon, I'm curious, how'd you get that pity blowjob?
>>
>>685371068
Don't let your fear of death consume to the point of believing in one out of many primitive religions just because you think it will allow you to cheat death.
>>
>>685371385
This could be your greatest gift and legacy, OP.
Give us tips on what to say to score.
>>
>>685370709
Im sorry bout your gramps. Cancer really sucks. In my opinion, its always harder on the family than the person with cancer (it might just be my personal situation though). I spend more time convincing my mom that itll be okay than myself. It kinda sucks that im going to die so young considering theres so much shit ill never get to do (have a girlfriend, have sex, get a job, buy my own groceries etc.). I really wanna try to make a point to people about something that i believe in, but i dont think id really be able to do it. Im too much of a pussy to do hard drugs or get into a fight or anything. But maybe ill write a really profound note to be read when i die or something.
>>
>>685371068
I'm so happy you're considering it, anon.
Catholic priest is the guy I would suggest talking to. You could call the parish and tell them your situation, or go there on a Sunday and try to catch one but it might be tough. Going on a weekday actually might be better. They have mass daily and often live on the grounds.

Trust, /b/ro, this is something that will be easy to do and more importantly you're covering your ass. Even if you don't believe, it's an insurance policy.

It's eternity we're talking about, man. BJs only last a few minutes.
>>
File: 1442361679814.jpg (184 KB, 1327x1251) Image search: [Google]
1442361679814.jpg
184 KB, 1327x1251
>>685363034
Take acid and listen to The Wall album by Pink Floyd
>>
>>685371808
>BJs only last a few minutes.
not if ur too pro
>>
>>685371808
Don't listen to this man, anon. Religion is a lie and we are all worthless, get more pity blowjobs before your consciousness is removed from the universe
>>
>>685363034
You got an area code anon?
>>
>>685371385
>>685371643
Theres this chick that i met at a support group (only went for a week because my mom made me [my life is a goddamn john green book fuck]) and i let it slip that ive never recieved a blowjob before, and she offered to give me one so i accepted.
>>
CANNABIS OIL OP
IT CURES!
CANNABIS OIL.
PLEASE RESEARCH!
>>
>>685371808
>>685371967
I lasted like a soild 5 minutes l m f a o
>>
>>685372064
this
>>
>>685371787
Find the sluttiest girl in school and tell her you're dieing and don't want to die a virgin. She'll probably fuck you raw happily.
>>
>>685372234
>my life is a goddamn john green book
That must be worse than the actual cancer, OP
>>
Psychs anon. Either shrooms or lsd. Time to overclock your cpu before you breeze out
>>
Can we get a name Op?

So i can look for you in the obituaries in the coming weeks.
>>
>>685372082
Yeah. Im in a small town though, so id rather not give it out
>>
>>685372580
This. Plz. If you can acquire dmt, please do. Life before and after are not comparable. If you can do it seriously don't hesitate
>>
>>685372646
You got a state then?
>>
>>685372646
>have cancer
>family and friends find out I go to 4chan
>life ruined
>>
>>685372620
Ill give my first name (doesnt matter if im tracked down and murdered because ill be dead soon anyway, but i dont wanna endanger my family) so just look for a kid who died of cancer by the name of Dominic
>>
>>685372875

Alright Dominic.
Youre a cool dude.

Good luck buddy
Send us a sign about what's out there after DDay
>>
>>685372745
Still a little paranoid about givin that out, but I live in New England
>>
>>685372875
Thanks, man. I'll try my hardest to find your obit. I usually don't get a chance to say this before someone goes, but I hope you go in peace, homie. I'll pour one out for you
>>
>>685373077
Thanks man. Im glad to know in the back of my head that people will be thinkin of me
>>
>>685372875
>>685373062

I'll remember you /b/ro. And yes, I mean that. I still remember certain anons from over the years.
>>
>>685373187

Please try cannabis oil OP.
>>
You sound cool as fugg, Dominic.

You're handling this like a champ.

You make a list of people that need to be notified? Give your facebook passwords to someone or whatevs?
>>
>>685372444
Thats actually not a horrible idea. Idk how i feel about being remembered as the guy who gulit tripped a girl into fucking him though
>>
File: toplessskating-500x749.jpg (61 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
toplessskating-500x749.jpg
61 KB, 500x749
Take a really cold shower and cry, not a lot of fun but if you're in the moment it can help get rid of painful emotions that you have about it. Even better do exstacy and go to a concert! Also hug your family and talk to them but I am sure you've done that one a lot already.

Once done with that?

I suggest you go streaking somewhere or maybe preferably skinny dipping if there's somewhere you can do it. Like an ocean or lake, neighbor's or hotel's pool (it won't as fun if you have your own pool in do it there). That can be with other's if you can, alone would be fine too. Um, eat your favorite food ever, or try some food you've never tried before. I'd try anchovies on pizza if I was in your position since that's something I've always wanted to try. Oh, if you haven't smoke some weed and listen to music.
>>
Before you die, check em.
>>
>>685373382 post got jumbled but the thoughts are there... some in the wrong order though. Sorry
>>
Also, OP, please go out like a champ and livestream it for /b/.

How much pain are you in?
Was the diagnosis just out of the fucking blue?
>>
>>685373635
Dude, no. It's a window and that'd be a pain for OP. Just let him go in peace. He has a family and shit. Only lonefags should livestream.
>>
>>685373376
No one has to know. And she may have wanted to anyways. Won't know until you ask.
>>
Do something positive and leave the world a little bit better before you go.

Kill some niggers.
>>
>>685363034
Idk if you believe in this sort of thing but I'll try and send some positive vibes your way, anon.
Keep staying strong man, can't even begin to imagine what you're going through but the way you're handling it is powerful as fuck. Finding enjoyment in the small things like the sunset is what life is really all about from the start, just keep yourself surrounded by those positives.
There's a little quote that's helped me in the past, "it's not the end of the world, it's just the end of the day." Stay strong my friend.
>>
Go buy doom and play through it. Also, download mixify and get an account
>>
>>685373331
I think it might be too late for that considering i can die at literally any moment. Not an expert on cannabis oil, but i dont think its an automatic cure

>>685373372
Thanks! Yeah, i gave all that stuff to my best friend already.

>>685373382
If i had a penny for every time i took a cold shower and cried, id probably have, like, 10 pennies. Ive definitely spent a lot of time hugging people. The latter sounds like a bunch of really good ideas that have been added to The List™
>>
>>685373951
Please try psychedelics. Do a lowish dose first, but if you do dmt, do a lot.
>>
Also, what were the results from chemo?
What, if any, treatment did you undergo?
>>
>>685363034
have a friend drive really fast while you stand in the bed of a pick-up truck (have your feet tied to the bed and add handles so you don't go flying off).
>>
>Step one: Get AIDS
>Step two: Buy a large watergun
>Step three: fill the watergun with your blood
>Step four: Get a gun
>Step five: Go to the most crowded place in the city
>Step six: Fire the watergun in the face of every single fucking person you see
>When you are out, shoot your head near a group of people so they get sprayed
>Die happily and go straight to hell
>>
>>685373635
>>685373818
Yeah, a livestream might be a pain. Im pretty achey, but the meds help. I also have Eosinophilic esophagitis, so when my throat started feeling like shit, i didnt think much of it until i finally went to the doctors, so i guess it wasnt completely out of the blue. I was definitely surprised though.
>>
>>685373896
Thank you so much. That quote might just be sad enough to make my death note
>>
op, i hope you rip in peace like the beyblade you are, i enjoyed reading this thread and i'm sorry for you man
>>
>>685374094
Chemo didnt really do much. It just made me look like an egg and i was sick a lot. As for treatments, i did have a esophagogastrectomy (thats a mouthful, or should i say throatful kek) but the cancer just came back. There was a few other things that i cant really remember, such as medication names and stuff
>>
>>685374165
Ill put that under my "maybe" list

>>685374834
This made me laugh. Thanks man
>>
How's the treatment going, anon? Are you doing the chemo and all that?

I swore to myself I never would, but who knows what I'd do if I were in that position.

Hey man, can you check in with /b/ daily so when you stop we know it happened?

Actually I bet you have a while, so that might get old real fast.
>>
>>685375066
I did chemo for a while, but at this point theres nothing to do so we stopped. It was just causing me pain. Right now im at home, basically just awaiting the inevitable. I was actually thinking about checking in like twice a week, so that yall will know when i finally die. (Thanks for counting on me having a while though)
>>
OP would you make a deal with satan to stay alive? Just wondering and if cared about my opinion on it I would say it wouldn't be worth it. But I am asking you.
>>
Genocide.
The cancer-prone shale die
>>
>>685375621
It depends on what the deal was. If i had to like, slaughter kittens daily for the rest of my life, then probably not. But if satan wanted to have his way with my bootyhole whenever he wanted, then maybe. Anal cant be that bad
>>
>>685375403
Chemo looks like the worst torture.
Fuck anon, I wish there was something the /b/ros could do to help. You want a personal army or something? Any last requests for /b/?
>>
>>685375621
Not OP but if the deal were good I would make a deal to live longer.
>>
>>685375917
Chemo was absolute hell. I cant even describe it. Your whole body just kinda burns and aches and you throw up a lot. Theres only so much pain meds can help with. And if i had to make a request, itd probably be to just be remembered. Ive always had a fear of dying and then no one remembering me. Makes me feel like my entire existence was pointless
>>
You'll be remembered Dominic. Rest in peace brother
>>
>>685376748

he's not dead yet, give him some time.
>>
File: a0775991902_10.jpg (34 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
a0775991902_10.jpg
34 KB, 850x850
Damn, this thread is full of feels. This is why I love /b/, through all the stupid and autistic shit that gets posted on a day to day basis, every so often, an op will come along that gives us a reason to come together, and it shows just this beautiful side to humanity nowhere else on the internet could replicate.

You won't be forgotten after you're gone, op. Trust. You may be young, but you made an impact. Every life you came into contact with while you were here has changed in some way because of you, even if not a lot. Even us, a bunch of lonely fag anons across the world have been hit by this influence, and all because you decided to bring your story here.

This isn't a goodbye. This is a thank you, and an, "until we meet again." Love ya, op, dude.
>>
>>685376748
Thank you. That means a lot to me
>>
>>685376466
Fuck that sounds terrible. I was on IV dilaudid for reasons and thank god that shit killed the pain, but the morphine only made a dent in it so I had to ask to upgrade.

What pain meds are you on? Do they help?

We'll remember you, brother. Anons never forget a comrade.

Also
>Rest in Pepperoni
>>
>>685375922
nah, don't do that. Cuz if there's a Satan, then there's a God, and you know that there is life beyond death, so you don't have to make a deal for "extra time".
>>
>>685377269
Yeah but if there is a heaven it's probably full of pretentious assholes.
Also if it's the biblical god me and all the people I enjoy spending time with are already going to hell.
>>
>>685363034
You're an enormous faggot OP, you beautiful fucker.

I have two things I want you to do. First of all watch the fault in our stars, It celibrates life and the small ammount of time you get on this earth. Secondly find somewhere comfortable to sit/lay down and listen to the whole album "Parachutes" by Coldplay from start to finish without any interruptions while not doing anything else.

Also you better fucking send us dank memes from afterlife shitcunt.
>>
>>685376943
Shittt man got me all misty eyed. It makes me feel really great to have made any sort of impact on anybody. I might just screenshot this, print it out and tape it to my wall for inspiration when im feeling down. <3

>>685377095
I was on hydromorphone for a while but it was making me feel weird so i switched to fentanyl. They work pretty well, but there are times when it hurts so bad that pain meds dont do much
>>
Can you get a camera and make vlogs of your last days and share thoughts and fears about yourself and any catharsas you have from the shirt life you've lead?

Maybe interview people and explain your situation and ask them what they would do if they were in your shoes and then try to record/experience the ideas they give you.
>>
>>685376466
Never think of your existence as pointless. Right now, you're struggling, but you're struggling with a whole lot of strength and grace, that alone is bound to touch someone. If you can make a difference in someones life(which I'm sure you have), even if it's just one person, then your life has been far from meaningless. You very well may have just set certain people on a path in life they needed to go down, in a sense your journey will continue through them. I hope that makes some sense.
Honestly, after reading all this I'm going to talk to my girlfriend about both of us quitting smoking for good. Life is far too precious, and it's obvious the unexpected just happens. And for what it's worth, when I do quit you'll certainly be a big part of the reason why. So to bring it all full circle, who knows what me hearing about your story has saved me from. You're a savage badass Dominic, I'll remember you fondly and I know damn well plenty of others will too.
>>
>>685377750
Ive seen the movie and read the book. Not much of a john green fan but i shed a tear or two. Ill add that album to the list, thanks B) And just you fuckin wait. The day i die, the dankest meme to ever grace this world will appear
>>
>>685378223
have john green even wrote anything else succesfull than that book?
>>
>>685377824
fuck, /b/ro, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers, Dominic, and say a rosary for you on Sunday.

we love you, OP.
>>
>>685378021
Call the channel" in memory of OP "
And on the anniversary of your death we will share your videos and feels
>>
smoke a shit ton of weed
do shrooms
fuck your mom
eat your own shit
climb to the roof and piss off it
>>
OP, I think you should write something. A poem, a story, even just a sentence. Something you can day that you created and you know it's going to still be here even after (if) you pass.

Stay strong, man. Here's hoping you enjoy the time you've got.
>>
>>685377750
gay album. dont listen to it, you want to be any more of a faggot before you die?
>>
File: 1446082591699s.jpg (3 KB, 125x98) Image search: [Google]
1446082591699s.jpg
3 KB, 125x98
>>685378539
that's fucking gay as hell, you don't wanna be remembered for some faggy shit like that OP. Do something that actually matters if you want to be remembered.
>>
>>685378732
I would say you da faggot shitcunt
>>
>>685378021
>>685378433
I was actually seriously considering this, but i decided against this because i want people to remember me by who I was personality wise, rather than how I look etc. Ive always seen how people are boiled down to how attractive they are and are not, and i dont want that to happen to me. Maybe ill make a blog though.

>>685378409
He wrote paper towns and somethin about a girl named katherine, but thats all i know of.

>>685378426
Thank you so much. Ill have you in mind when sunday rolls around
>>
>>685378433
Id be down for an annual dominic thread
>>
Make a kickstarter for something you know people would really be excited about.

When it reaches 90% of the fund, end it.
Post a video of yourself laughing.
Then post an apology.
Then a retraction.
Then a general insult to all fans of whatever it is.

This isn't a good idea, it isn't even funny.

I agree with the other guy, build or create something personal that will hang around.
>>
>>685377824
Bro, go ahead, print it out. You have ABSOLUTELY no reason to ever feel down in your last few days. A lot of people seem to forget to think about it from this perspective while they live, and if you just take the moment to remember, you'll understand just how fucking important you were.

Every since experience you've had was because you were there. Every friend, every enemy has had to use their thoughts n you at some point. Every sentence you've spoken has been heard by someone. Every feeling you've had has been reflected off of those around you. Without you, none of the events that transpired during your life would have happened. Because you existed, you made an entirely unique and unreplicable line of life. You are you, a one of a kind experience wrapped into a single, small human lifespan.

Never feel unimportant.

Because without you, none of it would have happened.
>>
>>685368690
Fuck dude right in the feels.. I'm sorry, You don't deserve that. :(
>>
>>685378539
I think that stuff has to come naturally. I could never sit down and purposely write something good
>>
Just do the simple things. Go to a restaurant you've always wanted to go to, play golf, finger yourself, go fishing etc. But if you must do one thing, spend every moment you have left with your family. God bless dude.
>>
>>685379341
Maybe help as many people with odd jobs in their houses and such as you can.

Everytime they turn on the light you fixed, or open the door you painted, they'll think of you and your good deeds.
>>
>>685363034
Anon you should drop acid with that girl, have sex and go for a walk outside. I'll show you how to make LSD.. it's just coldwater and seeds.
>>
>>685363034
get high on psychodelic drugs,listen to music and appreciate nature.preferably all at the same time.
>>
OP, figure out that one book you want to read, then do it.

Pick a good one, though, and just read an hour or two a day, and it should last you to your end.

Nothing too sad though. Moby Dick is fairly dull, but a fantastic adventure.
>>
>>685379765
Jump bump if you want to learn. Otherwise I'm not gonna post that.
>>
>>685379621
Thats actually an amazing idea. Im free tomorrow, and the fence needs painting so i think i might go to home depot, buy some paint and get to work.

>>685379402
Thanks you. Ima def remember your words in my final hours.

>>685379570
Yeah, ive been trying to spend a lot more time with my friends and family. Im actually going to six flags for the first time with them on tuesday, which will be fun
>>
>>685379502
Whoever said it had to be good? Write down whatever is in your head, any funny thought or idea you have throughout the day. Nobody is expecting a novel; just something that's a reminder of who you are.

>>685379834

Digging this idea too, go for it OP.
>>
File: TheFaceOfb.jpg (45 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
TheFaceOfb.jpg
45 KB, 500x400
>>685363034
Do something,you have cancer.Why not shoot up a school. Do it for the memes
>>
>>685379026

Just curious, what form of esophageal cancer do you have? What were your symptoms that caused you to see a physician, and how many opinions did you get?
>>
>>685379765
>>685379814
The pain meds im on specifically say not to mix with drugs or i could die. Not that it really matters though lmao.

>>685379834
Next time im near the library ill pick it up. I just finished reading The Giver today, and the ending really got me.

>>685380080
I suppose youre right. If i ever think of anything throughout the day, ill jot it down. Maybe ill carry around a note book.
>>
File: image[5].jpg (6 KB, 351x197) Image search: [Google]
image[5].jpg
6 KB, 351x197
>>685380304
I don't think OP is the type of guy to do that.
>>
>>685374165
>>685374165
edgy story there anon
>>
OP displays dignity beyond most who are so young. We all die, but OP is facing death with class worthy of any man.

We cannot cling to life forever, but we may greet its ending well and have our final days be exemplary to others.

I salute OP, may he pass as smoothly and swiftly as practical.

"'Let us disarm death of all novelty and strangeness. Let us converse and be familiar with him, and have nothing so frequent in our thoughts"
Montaigne
>>
>>685380525
There are two sequels to the Giver if you are interested. Gathering Blue and the Messenger.

They aren't really related to the story of the Giver, but their universes tie in together. These may be better reads than Moby Dick, depending on your personality.
>>
>>685380525
I've taken perc 30's and LSD, still shit posting.
>>
>>685372875
Godspeed man. You will soon have an answer no one on earth has. I hope that answer is the one you're looking for.

I don't know if you have any real qualities since I've no idea of who you are, but I recommend doing that one thing you always thought it'd be cool to create, being an album, a story, a note, a picture, anything. Create anything that makes you feel accomplished.
>>
>>685363034
Superjail is an awsome show OP.
>>
>>685380040
Knock on your neighbours' doors and ask them if they need any jobs doing too.

Give a you a chance to chat with them too.
Check the internet for how to do tricky or new things.
>>
>>685380403
I have squamous cell carcinoma. I also have EoE, so throat problems were the norm for me. I went in because i thought i needed different medication because it seemed like my eoe was getting worse, but turns out it was cancer. I was given the option of chemo, a few surgeries and radiations and stuff.
>>
>>685363034
Go to a big concert and make yourself be brave and hit on some girls. Sneak away from your house and go to a party. All those things feel amazing the first time.
>>
File: 42832713.jpg (112 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
42832713.jpg
112 KB, 500x347
>>685380686
/thread
>>
>>685381022
Dubs are wondering why you don't pursue treatment, you are young and could comeback strong OP
>>
>>685363034
Any words for the rest of us who are so lucky to continue living?
>>
>>685365118
The new star wars sucks anyway
>>
>>685380525
Yo op read The Alchemist. its like the type of shit you would read for a high school honors class, but its a great read with philisophical points on death and whatnot if you arent taking notes
>>
itt: faggot pussies supporting a faggot pussy
>>>>reddit
>>
>>685380686
10/10 post, 100% true.
You've truly touched a lot of lives here, OP.
And /b/ isn't really much of a place for that, so that's saying something.
>>
>>685380686
Thank you a lot

>>685380728
Yeah i saw that. I really wanted to know what happened next, so the fact that the books wont answer deterred me. Who knows though. Might as well read them.

>>685380811
I was considering writing a memoir, but idk if id have enough time. Might as well try.

>>685380894
I agree! Last season was meh though

>>685380950
My neighbors are kind of jerks, but ill try my neighbors neighbors. Not very handy, but im sure the internet could help with that.

>>685381050
Kinda live in the middle of nowhere so thatd be hard, but i can try to work something out.

>>685381337
I tried treatment for a while, but nothing worked. Im in less pain being off treatment.

>>685381484
Enjoy the little things. Buying yourself a soda with your own earned money may seem trivial to you, but some people will never experience that.

>>685381568
Whatttttt! I loved it!!

>>685381742
Added to the list B)

>>685381939
That makes me feel really really good
>>
>>685382096
You can specialise in painting stuff for people.
Oiling squeaking doors or gates.

Ask in a local paint shop about painting techniques, find a book in a second hand shop, check the internet.

Could paint all the fences in your neighbourhood. Do it for the nice ones first.
>>
>>685382096
You really gave me a new perspective OP. I only turned 18 two months ago and the thought of me dying at this age really depresses me. Godspeed OP, live out the rest of your life doing what you want. Leave a lasting impression on people and although you'll be gone, you'll still be with them.
>>
>>685381022

Damn, that's really rare for someone your age.
Its amazing to me how positive you are, again, especially at your age.

I'm a training oncologist. Your outlook is rare and I wish you all the peace this world (and hopefully beyond) can offer you. Its a tragedy for you and your loved ones, but a heavy reminder of the importance of spreading love and striving towards a meaningful existence. You will not leave without deeply touching those around you, and hopefully will plant seeds of inspiration and introspection in many.
>>
File: downloadfhfh.jpg (8 KB, 108x160) Image search: [Google]
downloadfhfh.jpg
8 KB, 108x160
>>685382096
oh just someone that belongs in /lit/ here (recomended alchemest) if you like music i also loved Echo by Pam Munroz Ryan
>>
>>685382096
OP, it's not often I feel admiration for anybody else, but honestly I can feel it right now. Even faced with this you're seizing life, shitting in it's face. Essentially life just scored 50 points on you, but you can still say you won. The world's gonna miss you.
>>
>>685363034
The dead isnt the end. You will live forever in memory of your loved ones and on /b/. You will live forever in my memory.

And i mean it.

You will die soon. I will die in a few years . We all go. We will not meet in the afterlife . But this meeting is happening now.

You and me. You and /b/.

Enjoy the present moment, which is all that exists . When looking at the sunset, just do it . When you break the cars in the junkyard , just do it . When you eat , just do it . Do not let this problem consume your mind.

Its solved , nothing else can be done , so just enjoy the ride .

I sincerely wish all the best. Good luck.
>>
File: 1463552588447.png (945 KB, 493x735) Image search: [Google]
1463552588447.png
945 KB, 493x735
If you've never smoked weed, you REALLY need to smoke weed, at least once.
>>
>>685363034
Write as many letters as you can to your mom. Have her open one on each of your birthdays. Godspeed. Hope to see you on the other side.
>>
>>685382096
I know its kinda cliche but this anon I agree with>>685383253

Now i know the meme of the stoner who suggests that to everyone all the time, but I truly think its a worthwhile experience. Its like your mind is a snowglobe, and weed shakes up all the flakes that have been collecting dust somewhere.
>>
post some nudes i want to see your faggot boipussy before you fucking die
>>
>>685382664
Yeah, thatll def help pass the time. Thanks a bunch for the idea!

>>685382685
(Happy late birthday) im glad i gave you a new perspective! Just live every day like its your last

>>685382905
Thank you for the kind words

>>685382950
Added to the list B)

>>685382976
The trick is you just gotta say "fuck you" to life and just take it head on. I know damn well im gonna die and theres nothing i can do about that, but i can choose how i go about it.

>>685383128
Thank you so so much. Your words mean the world to me

>>685383253
>>685383729
Ill def do it if i get the chance

>>685383416
Thats actually a good idea. Perhaps ill do it.

>>685384437
Id rather people not know what i look like so they remember me for my personality, not my looks. Though my dick is slightly above average, if that tickles your fancy.
>>
>>685384845
>above average
u the man op
>>
I'm sorry OP. Stay strong!
Also I love Superjail. Especially the Warden. Talk about husbando material.
>>
>>685363034
if you have the money:
>go to either Disneyland or Disneyworld
>go see your favorite people perform
>eat your favorite foods
>go to the beach
>hang out with some friends
be down for whatever dude i hope you have a good time bro
>>
>>685384845
yeah cause were going to remember you, or anyone else will remember you for that matter. ten, fifteen? twenty years? and not even your family will be talking about you. your just going to die and fade out of existence like you were never even here in the first place.

just show us your fucking asshole
>>
>>685376466

Anon, you will be remembered. When you rest, rest in comfort because myself and a good few more /b/ros will keep your vigil. Much love, fam.
>>
>>685385587
didnt the op get to go to disneyworld for his make a wish thing?
>>
>>685385854
you can never go to Disney too many times
>>
>>685385587
>>685385854
Yeah, i used my wish to go to disneyworld
>>
>>685385783
Thank you <3
>>
>>685385938
fair enough
>>
>>685385618
While this is true, i still wont show you my asshole. Just picture the most perfect asshole you can possibly imagine and you are probably pretty spot on
>>
Story to share
I walk in the door of her hospital room and she is already dying. Friends and family are gathered around the bed, leaning forward with hands folded, eyes glistening. It was sudden. I received the call just minutes ago. I wasn’t ready.

“We’re losing her,” the nurse murmurs as she checks vitals that are rapidly escaping. I look down at her. She looks up at me. We waste two minutes in silence.
I don’t remember how I first met her, but I have known her for a long time. She was one of those people that had always lived in my periphery, then one day snapped into focus.

A mutual friend told me to talk to her. Told me to ask her out. With a strange color in her voice, told me there was no time like the present, that once a page has turned, there’s no turning it back. So I approached her in a dim campus hallway, and we started talking.

She looked healthy. Pale olive skin. Straight black hair. Curved, Icelandic eyes just as black. She never smiled once. She curled in on herself and clutched her textbooks to her chest as if I was coming at her with a dagger. But I just wanted to talk.

She was on her way to the library, so I went with her. We sat across from each other at a table and ignored our books. Maybe I could sense it even then, the shadows in her eyes, the question smoldering there, Why are you with me? Don’t you know I’m temporary?

For no reason I could understand, I leaned across the table and kissed her. She hesitated, pulled back slightly, then accepted it. Closed her eyes and gave herself up. I kept mine open.

The rest of the people in the library stared at us, but they didn’t matter. They were in normal timeflows, and we were somewhere else. A bubble between here and eternity, just large enough for us to fit. I would understand all this later. For now it was just a feeling.
“We’re losing her.”

>>
>>685386510
Is that you, John Green?
>>
Second part third incoming.”

She flinches at the proclamation, and it strikes me as hideous that she is awake to hear it. So completely and horrifically conscious, a lucid witness to her own death.

“Someone should say a few words,” the nurse says.

A religious friend pulls out a Bible and clears his throat. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Requiem eternum. She listens and watches him with wide eyes, trembling lips. What are they doing? Can’t they see she’s still here? It’s monstrous.
I brought her home to meet my family. I didn’t tell them anything. They saw her and saw just a new girlfriend. A cause for smiles, winks, thumbs-up when she’s not looking.

Nice work, son!

She’s beautiful, honey.

Thanks Mom. Thanks Dad.

Our reality was too strange. We couldn’t let anyone into our bubble. It would burst.

In pajamas we watched a nature show on the couch. My brothers arrived and convinced us to watch an action film. We sat in the corner on the loveseat while they hooted and backslapped. She laid her legs across my lap and hugged my arm. They grinned at us and made silly comments, but the noises around us were muffled, we couldn’t understand any of the languages.

We drifted away from our friends and families. Our world was too different now, floating between the things we knew and the things no one knew. Our thoughts lived in heights where no one else ventured. We loved them, but they disappeared. No one could reach us there in that space.

Even when she was healthy, vibrant and full of life with only occasional spasms of pain, it was like this. We went camping, we played volleyball, we climbed mountains, but I knew we were on our way. We were travelers on a plane, and I could see the ground below peeking through the clouds. That dark foreign land with no brochure, no tour guide, no phrasebook.

Do you really want to know me? she asked. Even though I’m momentary?

I’ll go with you, I said.

>>
post your favorite song, someone will make a tribute like that one guy who an heroed just look up I am God pretty good song
>>
>>685386510
>>685387405
This is too gay to be on 4chan. Guaranteed walk the dinosaur end
>>
Third. And also, it is not John Green cancer, it's Isaac Marion
I’ll go with you, I said.

I want you to, she said. I don’t want to go alone.

I will, I said. I promise.

But she shook her head.

You can’t.
“She was a good woman,” the friend intones. “Kindhearted, generous, a child of God.”

Why can’t they see she’s not gone yet? Her eyes are clear. Her skin is pink. Surely we still have time. At least a few minutes, and minutes can become years. I know how to stretch them. I can pry open a single moment and climb inside. If they would just stop talking I could do this. I could make these minutes into a lifetime.
>>
>>685363034
Get some acid or mushrooms and listen to the first half of Nothing Lasts... but nothing is lost - Shpongle

Second half is shit. Listen to some darkpsy then
>>
>>685366909
Stay away from opiates whilst he is probably on opiates for pain?

You're a retard

Do some heroin anon
>>
>>685387670
yo if ur actually writing this anon then u better send me the link of a book that u wrote soon
>>
IT IS I, OP.

Im starting to not feel so hot (which usually happens when i mix meds, computer and no sleep) so i think i'm gonna hit the hay. Hopefully i dont die in my sleep kek (very unlikely, i think ill know when i start to die). Im so appreciative for all of the kind words and encouragement, and im glad that i could impact some of you guys. I'll try to check in maybe every tuesday and friday with how i'm doing, so when i stop posting yall will know what happened. Again, thank you guys so much. You words mean a lot to me. Dying is pretty scary, and i know i act like it doesnt bother me much, but the truth is, im fuckin terrified. I try not to think about it much, but you guys make me feel not so afraid. Sorry if i didnt get to all of your messages, theres a lot of you and im a slow typer. Ill (hopefully) talk to you guys on Tuesday.

Dominic signing off B)
>>
the thing i enjoy most is to take a bicycle ride through a small town or in the country starting right before the sun comes up.
>>
>>685388115
Link to the author's other stories. This one is titled "Life Expectancy" but if you notice it's not on that page, there's a lot more you find if you go through all his blog postings :D would suggest stalking the whole thing for that purpose.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Godspeed OP
>>
>>685388689
I FORGOT THE ACTUAL LINK LMAO
http://www.burningbuilding.com/writing.htm
>>
>>685388841
amazing form anon
>>
>>685383128 here
>>685384845

Forget the mean people. When I say that you will be remembered, it is because it's true. This meeting is real and significant, because it is full of what is the most important. Humanity. This meeting is real and meaningful to me, because you are real and meaningful, with your own problems and desires. This meeting taught me what is important in life, again. The now, the present moment. You reminded me of something very important Dominic, so I say.

If you are meaningful to me, a single / b /ro. Imagine for your mother, to your friends. You will be remembered.

Try to cook a meal, paying attention to every detail as if it were very important for your life. It's interesting. Even if you do not know how to cook. Try to always be present in the now.

Try doing things like that.

Ever.
>>
>>685363034
i'm not much for posting but i can't remember the last time i did so because i sympathized. this board is full of shit.

my dad passed from that. he was an old grumpy fella to begin with, im pretty paranoid of that cancer in particular happening to me.

i don't have much to say to you, in fact reading your answers i'd say youve given more to me than i could to you. thank you op.
>>
>>685363034
I feel like you should live your dreams. Is there a place you wanna see? I mean I wouldn't care about the money if I'd die soon anyways
>>
>>685363034
This thread reminded me of what I must do. Thank you for making this thread. I hope you will have the time for your memoir. I am truly sorry.
>>
File: 1462371126978.jpg (63 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
1462371126978.jpg
63 KB, 598x800
>>685363034
Man, I don't know what to say. Get laid, use some lsd. If there's a major game you really liked, you could try contacting the game developers and explaining what you're going through. So much you could do, and so little time. I'm sorry things ended up this way OP. It's not fair, but when nature calls like this what can we do.
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.