[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/b/ im terrified of dying, why aren't you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: vkmb5hz.jpg (128 KB, 870x575) Image search: [Google]
vkmb5hz.jpg
128 KB, 870x575
/b/ im terrified of dying, why aren't you?
>>
I'm just gonna not do it
>>
Why be terrified of the inevitable? I'm looking forward to leaving this fucking retarded earth. I'm simply living to pass the time until I expire.
>>
I'm actually terrified of dismemberment much more so than death

I am terrified of heights below four stories, but higher than that and I'm fine
>>
>>684379322
what are you trying to say

>>684379388
the idea of not existing frightens me beyond anything. so much so that I've been losing sleep for weeks
>>
>>684379388
This

I'm trying to ward off thoughts of suicide at every moment
>>
>>684379517
what about dismemberment anon
>>
Can't live your life constantly in fear. It comes to us in one way or another, mostly in ways we can't even control. Obviously you would avoid dying but to be deathly afraid of it at all times just makes you a faggot.
>>
>>684379592
I'm not gonna an hero, but I really don't fucking care about life. I'm simply watching human stupidity ruin the world.

Unless maybe Western Civilization pulls its head out of its ass, then perhaps I may regain my zest for life.
>>
>>684379209
Read more on Philosophy

"no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death" - Socrates (an hero)
>>
>>684379592
>>684379761
coming to an eventual end forever doesn't bother you ?
>>
>>684379209
because some of us actually don't want to be here.
>>
>>684379556
Well I've thought about not existing too. But if you die that means your conscious dies too since your brain dies. So it'd be a lot like what it felt like before you were born, do you remember what that was like? Of course not because you weren't conscious. it would just be like that, just nothingness, but you wouldn't even know its nothingness because you wouldn't be conscious.
>>
It's inevitable so why worry about it. Nothing matters which means you can do whatever you want and it's equally as justified as anything else. So just do stuff and eventually die and who cares. ...I do realize that you could use this very argument to justify sitting around worrying about death
>>
>>684379923
did you remember before you were born? dying is pretty much like that in the worst case scenario. best case you go to some magical place with fairies or some shit like that -- no one knows.
>>
>>684379961
I have been in that state of mind for a very long time anon. recently the last few weeks have been a complete opposite.

>>684379984
thats a frightening thought all around.
>>
>>684380252
Yeah its frightening to think about I suppose. But that is only because we as humans are aware we are conscious and we can't even really fathom being anything but conscious. At the end of the day I actually find it comforting knowing that nothing really matters, that I don't matter, the good things and bad things I've done don't matter. The universe doesn't care. It doesn't care about any of us. No matter what we do some day the sun will engulf this whole planet and no one will be around to remember our entire species.
>>
Anon it's time to wake up. Death is scary, but there's no reason to be afraid. Watch this video and take the message to heart. You will never die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ShRSapG9Q
>>
>>684380676
sort of a pessimistic outlook don't you think anon?
>>
>>684380676
I find this somewhat comforting as well but there's that one "what if" stopping me from putting a 10mm in my skull

And i don't think i could do that to my family either
>>
Dying is an inevitability and there is no use in being afraid of something you cannot change.

I am more curious to see what happens after death. Is there a heaven and hell? reincarnation? ghosts? nothing? Is it like being asleep forever? Is it and endless torment as your consciousness is locked away in darkness with no sense of being?

The only way to find out is to die.
>>
>>684380761
No we're all going to definitely die I just haven't come to terms with my own mortality yet.
>>
What happens if death is awesome and we are missing out?
>>
>>684379209
ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS ASS NIGGERS
>>
that's a beautiful picture OP.
for me, I'm terrified of dying, but I accept that's just something that keeps me alive. After I die, I assume it will be like before I was born. I won't exist, and it will be peaceful af.
>>
>>684379209
because death can't be as shitty as life
>>
>>684381044
Anon it's easy to say "well its inevitable just accept it." The point is the envitablity of death is what's the most intense. No matter what I do it will never change.
>>
>>684380912
The truth is the truth. It's not an outlook, and it remains the truth even if no one believes it
>>
>>684380912
A bit. Do you have a different one though? It seems like the most rational way of looking at it honestly.
>>684380980
Isn't 10mm a little bit overkill? And no that would probably destroy them so don't do that dude. Can't even imagine what that would be like for them. At least you have a family you care about.
>>684381150
You made me spit my beer out from laughter
>>
>>684381150
>>what if

>>684381203
I needed that thank you anon

>>684381298
I dont know if peaceful is the right word
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 600x750
I don't want it to happen but I'm not terrified of it. I hope that there's something after this life.
>>
What you guys aren't understanding, is that the experience you're a part of right now is literally a component of the universe which propogated itself, and is now pontificating on it's own existence. You're wrapped up in the vices of the world and lost in confusion. The reality is is that you're just a small function of something much larger.
>>
>>684381472
I guess I'm just looking for a purpose in life. Objectively that outlook could lead anyone to do anything. It's chaotic and depressing.
>>
>>684381765

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHG_Q5MdX9g
>>
I think all people have some fear of death, I like to believe people are not born with a want to just die. But living a good, decent, happy life makes death less frightening.
Personally though, I wonder if there is another side to life, if you fall into an eternal sleep or if you just become an empty shell in the ground waiting to become dust. If I could dream forever, then i'd welcome death when it comes for me.
>>
What is death but the fulfillment of life?
>>
>>684381969
True, in the large picture (unless one of us anons is secretly a world renowned figure) we wont be remembered in a generation or two. But our lives are the only things we control. So is it not normal to decide how our small wheel moves inside of this giant mechanism called the universe?
>>
https://youtu.be/1uWfTUby9IE
>>
>>684381969
Yes anon and it's terrifying. I find myself nearly asleep when the thought crosses my mind and next thing I know my heart and mind are racing.
>>
>>684379209
Just think of the alternative OP

You could live till you are 100. Just imagine being so old and feeble you cant do anything you enjoy EVER AGAIN.

You can only eat bland tasteless food and can hardly move and you are in constant pain for no reason whatsoever. Imagine your hands not even working properly anymore and your mind starting to slip and you cant think clearly or going into full blown dementia and not knowing where you are or even what decade it is. Imagine having people need to wipe up your drool and change your diapers because you cant go to the bathroom by yourself.

I for one would prefer death before that happens.
>>
>>684382579

Think about it. What will it be like to go to sleep and never wake up.

What was it like to wake up, after having never gone to sleep?

There's nothing to be afraid of.

Every moment is a treasure.
>>
>>684382579
seriously, watch the vid. Recognize that underneath it all, we are really all one.
>>
>>684381472
I suppose 10mm is a bit overkill, but I've always been a proponent of the "carry the biggest thing you can handle proficiently" theory

But fuck, a glock 20 is extremely difficult to conceal while sitting
>>
>>684382652
I watched my 103 yr old grandfather pass away from dementia a few weeks ago. Perhaps that's what's subconsciously going on in my mind. It was terrifying to watch someone who had built a family become so vulnerable and powerless to something larger than them.
>>
>>684379209
Because it is an inevitability. There's nothing you can do to stop it or slow it - when you die, you die. It's going to happen. It happens to everyone.

Everyone dies, and in that fact, we are at least united in some small, unfortunate way.

Enjoy the time you have, that's all you can do. Cultivate a good life while you can - be kind, follow the simple rule I taught my brother. DBADB - don't be a douche bag.

Really simple to do, and people will remember you like they remember him.
>>
>>684382579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D05ej8u-gU
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 307x164
>>684379209

Do you want to live forever?
>>
>>684382888
anon that's the point. when I think about those very things I find myself struggling to accept it. not having control over ones life is frustrating
>>
>>684382557
You have to accept that you're not a simple puppet traveling along alone in this. You are a literally it. It is you.
>>
>>684383278
I was thinking about that anon, and I can't say I do. That thought is likewise just as intense and terrifying. My problem is simply coming to terms with my mortality.
>>
>>684383341
You've never had control over your own life, only the illusion of it.

Learn to let go, anon. Move on.
>>
>>684379209
Why be afraid?
Is there is an afterlife you have somewhere to go, and if you don't you won't have anything to fear and the capability of being afraid.
I don't fear death itself.
>>684379517
Now painful deaths are not cool.
>>
>>684383179
Good advice anon thank you
>>
>>684383179
>There's nothing you can do to stop it or slow it

Well you can slow it quite easily
>>
>>684383341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRmbwczTC6E
>>
>>684383278
Who would want that torture? You going through all the mental pain of this cruel world.
>>
>>684383620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8gR4sQvjt4
>>
>>684383278
If so, start working in child protective services. Ever wonder why the parents that have kids taken away can never talk to them ever again? Its because their organs are harvested.
>>
>>684383719
Yeah, but when you die, you're dead. You can escape it only so many times before you're gone forever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQBt4mqJFg4
>>
>>684379209
Just enjoy life and try not to be too much of a cunt.
>>
>>684383820
>e
This one is specifically on the subject of death.
>>
>>684383278
Fuck that.
>>
>>684379209
Death is nothing to us.
Where we are, death is not.
Where death is, we are not.

You will never, ever experience death, for when you are dead, there is no "you" to experience anything.

To be anxious about something which will never, and can never, affect you is foolish.
>>
>>684379556
Think back as far as you can into your past. Eventually you'll reach the same place you're going.
>>
>>684384009
Dumb faggot. You're probably a total cunt.

Read some philosophy OP, otherwise you can just keep stupidly pondering the same inane bullshit all day.
>>
>>684379209
kill yourself is the solution,that'll solve the problem
>>
>>684384135
Foolish, but understandable. Everyone has to confront their own mortality.
>>
>>684379517
I wouldn't mind dismemberment.

I would actually prefer to be ripped apart and eaten by a pack of wolves or a bear or something. Let my body rejoin the life cycle instead of sticking it in a box or burning it.

Just no sharks, crocodiles or other assorted aquatic critters. Those niggers can starve for all I care. land mammal 4 lyfe
>>
>>684384180

Awesome glad I'm not the only one in here.
>>
>>684379209
Bc all i know is pain :)
>>
Everyone is scared of death. If you say aren't, you're a fucking liar, and if you really really aren't, you will be when the time comes. Death is inevitable, so why be worried about it? What is after this life is unknown, and it will always be unknown. Instead of worrying about if there is a heaven or not, treat life as if it were heaven. Life is fucking amazing, even at its lows.
>>
Because I won't be around to see it. The death of loved ones is the only deaths that you should worry about
>>
>>684384180
Man, glad I'm not the only one here. Cheers to this life anon.
>>
AWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZCKP-H4C8
>>
>>684384356
I'm not afraid of death. I don't particularly WANT to die, and I'd prefer to live out my life into old age - but what exactly is there to be afraid of aside from dying tragically or violently?

And either way, after I have died in that tragic or violent way, I won't be able to think about it.

Doesn't make sense to fear death.
>>
>>684384214
im surprised it took so long for someone to give the obligatory kill yourself. Thank you anon
>>
>>684384356
Nobody is scared of death. Just what happens after death.
>>
>>684384202
Oi fuk you m8 you're the cunt.
>>
>>684384321
there's nothing happy or uplifting you want to hold onto anon?
>>
>>684384518
ha
>>
>>684384549
It might not make sense to fear it, but that doesn't mean you won't. Fuck I say I'm not afraid of death, but a couple nights ago my heart started beating really fast out of nowhere, and I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest or something, and I panicked and almost cried. I didn't want to die, I was scared.
>>
File: epicurus.jpg (14 KB, 173x273) Image search: [Google]
epicurus.jpg
14 KB, 173x273
>>684384246
He has not yet attained full enlightenment, friend. But if he thinks on it a bit, he will.... and will feel better.
>>
>>684384202
Consider suicide
>>
Overwhelming fear of death is my default state unless I'm on SSRIs. Give em a shot.
>>
>>684384740
u sure showed him u fucking fag
>>
>>684379209
If I die its not like I'll be around to give a shit...
>>
File: 1462822751264.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1462822751264.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>684384926
>>
File: live a season.jpg (10 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
live a season.jpg
10 KB, 236x236
>>
>>684379209
i do not fear death because it is inevitable. why fear something the is going to happen 100%. the more prevalent fear should be not making full use of the life you were given. i believe in karma, and reincarnation, so i sleep easy at night knowing i have lived a righteous life.
>>
>>684385252
Lol
>>
I'm not terrified of dying because I don't like living.
>>
>>684386131
This is rapidly turning into a feels thread
>>
Where are all the suicidals at?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3MA0n4jEXk

what happens after death
>>
>>684387011
We're all here lurking
>>
Lad, here's the fucking deal.

When you're dead, you won't give a shit that you're dead.

You won't even be aware that you're missing anything.

So why be worried about it at all now?
>>
>>684379209
>>684379209
im not afraid to die because i dont care about death. i care about life. i put all my attention on life. i try to do what makes me happy. and just live. why would be thinking of death all day in and day out? may as well be dead already.

fear of death is for the faithless
>>
>>684381380
When I stopped believing heavily in Christianity and god I started to become deathly scared of death itself at night and it would keep me from falling asleep many nights.
The way I see it, death is like a test that you have no way to prepare for besides living your life to the fullest potential. If you spend a lot of time contemplating death and let that fear rule your life, then the goal of life, to live it to its fullest potential, is missed.
If I walk into an exam and I know that I'm going to bomb it, there's no reason to stress right before the test because you're going to freak out and not do your best work. I think death and exams are pretty similar in many ways.
>>
>>684387011
Here. Already ordered my gas mask. Once it's here I'm renting a helium tank.

Considering renting a u-haul and doing it in there. I live alone and don't know how long it could be before I'm found. I originally was going to do a hotel but I don't know if I like that. But it would guarantee I'm found in a timely manner.
>>
Because I'm going to heaven
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7KRgluYeps

on acceptance of death.
>>
>>684387638
kek people believe this
>>
>>684387638
>dont let life pass you by they said
>>
>>684388232
Kek people actually give a shit about what someone else believes
>>
File: 1452827267007-4-christian.jpg (140 KB, 600x980) Image search: [Google]
1452827267007-4-christian.jpg
140 KB, 600x980
>>684379209
>>
>>684388497
your corporeal existence is livestock to anothers
>>
>>684379209
Death is the natural outcome of live therefor death is apart of life and I do not fear life.
>>
>>684387638
Hey anon, enjoy the idea of heaven while knowing everyone you know and love in your life is being eternally tortured.

Bit of a psychopath if you really believe you can be content while others are being eternally tortured. :D
>>
>>684379209
I'm not worried about dying. If death was actually significant to the universe, we would be alive for more than 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the universe's existance. But we're insignificant, and so is death.
>>
>>684388739
mind your own fucking business and stay out of the universe's
>>
>>684388877
are you autistic or something
>>
>>684388877
Oh I'm plenty out of the universe's. And so are you for that matter. And every human collectively means jack over shit to the universe. Otherwise we would have had an impact on something other than ourselves by now.
>>
>>684388652
It is what it is
>>
Don't worry. There's a realm of existence so far beyond your own, you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am sovereign. Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind. Fumbling in ignorance. Incapable of understanding. Reaper, a label created by the protheans to give voice to their destruction. In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant. We simply are.
Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation. An accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither and die. We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, you are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We are the end of everything. Your confidence born of ignorance. The cycle cannot be broken. The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Organic civilizations rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. My kind transcends your very understanding. We are each a nation, independent, free of all weakness. You cannot even grasp the nature of our existence. We have no beginning, we have no end. We are infinite.
Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure. We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom. We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it. Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction.
>>
>>684389135
>>684389202
>>
>>684384293
"land mammal 4 lyfe"
my sides
>>
File: lolhedednowaithelivewaitno.jpg (150 KB, 709x1024) Image search: [Google]
lolhedednowaithelivewaitno.jpg
150 KB, 709x1024
I'm more terrified of reincarnation tbh. Can you imagine living an endless number of shitty NEET lives? The thought that I could end up with an even worse life keeps me from suicide.
>>
>>684390464
Maybe someone will love me in my next life.
>>
>>684390464
>realm of existence so far beyond your own, you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am sovereign. Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind. Fumbling in ignorance. Incapable of understanding. Reaper, a label created by the protheans to give voice to their destruction. In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant. We simply are.
>Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation. An accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither and die. We are eternal. The pinnacle of evolution and existence. Before us, you are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We are the end of everything. Your confidence born of ignorance. The cycle cannot be broken. The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Organic civilizations rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. My kind transcends your very understanding. We are each a nation, independent, free of all weakness. You cannot even grasp the nature of our existence. We have no beginning, we have no end. We are infinite.
>Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure. We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom. We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it and you will e

you don't remember the past lives, so there's a bit of an inference to a mental trick which is encouraged by pondering this possibility. Don't take it literally.....
>>
>>684390598

maybe you'll come back as a Negro
>>
File: Joker_60508e_559888.gif.gif (609 KB, 565x240) Image search: [Google]
Joker_60508e_559888.gif.gif
609 KB, 565x240
>>684390464
what if im everyone and one and ur not what then
>>
>>684390648
Didn't read
>>
>>684390726
Can't wait to have a big dick.
>>
>>684388652
My whole moral argument against a supposedly just god is that if he/she/it has the power to do whatever the fuck they want, why did it confine life to the rules it has? While the bible says that God had to make the decision between letting us have free will or all go to Heaven, if god is really all powerful then why does he have to operate under the confines of rules he made?
>>
>>684390924

that's a myth
>>
>>684379209
Because you wont be consious to experience it
>>
>>684391121
Even so, people will assume that I have a big dick. That's something.
>>
>>684390984
If you truly believe the bible, god is clearly a paranoid schizophrenic. As far as my reading has led me to believe.
>>
>>684391136
its beyond the dialectic of conscious/unconscious both are living states where as death is the absence thereof (these dichotomies)
>>
>>684379209
Nothing ceases to exist it simple changes. You aren't the same person you were yesterday. So in a sense you are already dead, but still alive. You will never die, you will just change so much that you forget who you once were.
>>
>>684390984
I think that concept is called theodicy (or it has a different name and it's related to theodicy). God is supposedly omnipotent, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent, but logically, he can only be two of those things.
>>
>>684391587
I meant omniscient, not omnipresent.
>>
>>684379556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iz6HIzpf-0
>>
>>684391923
I recommend acid with this
>>
>>684391339
>>
File: 2016-05-15 01.59.17.jpg (714 KB, 1855x644) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-15 01.59.17.jpg
714 KB, 1855x644
I have a better idea

Trips decides which gun I use to kill myself

Black guns from the bottom up:
Mossberg ATR .30-06
Glock 20
Glock 21 upper
Glock .22 conversion kit + silencer
Anderson AM-15
Mossberg 12ga. Cruiser

The gun to the right is an RAS-47.

Roll faggots
>>
you can think of god as objective truth, forever incomplete, but strident, progression, aspiration, directional, infinitely impartial between any laterality of parties
>>
File: DATBOI.gif (77 KB, 312x390) Image search: [Google]
DATBOI.gif
77 KB, 312x390
>>
Are you afraid of the nothingness of before your birth?

Then why be afraid of the nothingness after your death?
>>
>>684379209
Coz #yolo lil prissy assed nigga
>>
>>684393199
Two different things, genius.

One is in the past and can't even be remembered. The other is approaching.
>>
>>684391320
Biblical literalism is ridiculous.
Everyone picks and chooses the verses they want to believe, and all other verses could be in the Quaran for all they care.
And all this recent right shit about "Judeo-christian values" being the basis of American society is complete bologna.
>>
>>684394518
This
>>
quantum immortality

theres no way to prove it other than to experience it, but interesting idea nonetheless
>>
>>684395518
>be me
>Christian white male
It pisses me off so bad when people say "this nation was founded on Christian principles"
It shows how fucking ignorant they are.
>>
>>684394518
Death can't be remembered either because the dead are not there to remember it.
>>
>>684396027
Actually, this nation was founded on Christian principles.
It was NOT founded on the Christian RELIGION.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be
one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded
fear." - Thomas Jefferson
>>
>>684396027
Yeah, like just because political bullshit got "in good we trust" put onto money in the mid Twentieth century doesn't mean all of the founding fathers wanted the country to be a damn theocracy; I swear if the religious right had their way nonbelievers would be sent to prison.
>>
>>684379209
Because everyone and everything has to end sometime and life is pointless otherwise. If you can't solve the problem why even bother worrying about it? It's a waste of your very limited time
>>
>>684379517
Yeah, that's pretty fucked up
>>
>>684396884
That's the problem with this country, nobody can settle on a happy medium. I tend to lean conservative myself but so many conservatives want it "their way, no highway option." Same with liberals. And now look at the mess that that has got us into.
>>
>>684396612
There were definitely some Christians among the founding fathers, but I'd say the Christian principles that the US' ideals were based on are more universal principles that manifest themselves in most religious texts with moral significance.
>>
>>684379209
i have things worth living for:

love
>>
>>684379209
Because there was no point to living in the first place. Nothing truly matters, nothing will be different compared to being alive as opposed to not being alive. Why am I not afraid? Because if nothing else is certain, at least I know this: worrying changes nothing. We are all going to die and it won't matter. Worrying changes nothing about this fact.
>>
>>684379209
Because death is the cessation of consciousness. I don't see how that can be either good or bad. It's simply the most neutral thing that could possibly happen. Plus it's inevitable, so fuck it.
>>
>>684379209
Because one moves past the terror of death, and only fears the pain of passing. What comes after we die is a great unknown. You'll find out the same time as we all do, at the time you pass one. Same as the rest of us.
>>
File: 001.jpg (1006 KB, 2016x1512) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
1006 KB, 2016x1512
>>684379209
Christianity. Jesus died so I have an eternal home. This life is only the beginning. No fear only happiness for ever and ever in his kingdom.
>>
>>684397577
>checked

Until it disappears
>>
>>684392753
Nice timestamp faggot
>>
>>684379209
I was
I can't change it
I found peace in that
I forget about it daily now.
So does everyone else
Or the have never thought about it

....where is the gore thread.
>>
>>684396612
We were founded on the philosophy of John Locke more than Christian principles. I mean, sure, we have "don't kill" and other general things that are in every religion in law, and most of the population was Christian, but that doesn't really do it for me since we enshrined Lockes principles above Christian ones.
>>
File: computer kittens.jpg (472 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
computer kittens.jpg
472 KB, 1632x1224
>>684379209
I died when I was 17. Literally. Just keeled over one day while out with friends. One of them was a paramedic. They tried to bring me back. It didn't work. I was dead for around 15 minutes. The wagon was on the way to get me. I just woke back up on my own.

Dying is painless. It's the stuff that kills you that hurts. Also the other side isn't scary. You just get what you believe in. I don't know if it was all in my head from lack of oxygen, but it's what I saw.

Also yes, brain damage is a bitch. I have a head full of mush compared to what I used to have.
>>
File: 1438575692994.jpg (53 KB, 599x489) Image search: [Google]
1438575692994.jpg
53 KB, 599x489
>>684379209
I long for the sweet release that only death can bring.
>>
>>684398080
What did you see? Are you religious?
>>
>>684397856
There is nothing to find out. You stop existing. You die, your consciousness ceases, and that's it.

>>684397853
This guy has the right fucking idea. Don't delude yourself or others. There is no greater meaning to life. There is nothing after.
>>
>>684396563
That doesn't mean death can't be scary for the living. The idea of having been in nothingness before isn't scary, but the idea of returning to it can be.

It's obviously not the nothingness itself that people consider scary, it's entering a state of nothingness after being in a state of living. Being unable to experience anything before life began is meaningless, but in the present, the idea of having the ability to experience life inevitably taken away forever is disturbing for some people.

You didn't experience anything before the beginning, you experienced things after the beginning, and you don't want there to be an end so that you don't have to return to the state you were in before the beginning. Not a hard concept to grasp.
>>
Replying from my phone so expect some errors.

Personally I am not afraid st all of dying, it is an inevitability that I have came to terms with. My memories of being afraid of death are juvenile memories, as a child and early teen it is something that did keep me awake at times.

Regardless, if there was a secret to staying alive forever, I would jump on the chance, if only to embark on heavily educational adventures that I could utilize for the greater good of humanity, to transcend us to the space-faring race we deserve to be.
>>
>>684398080
I can relate to this. Went into cardiac arrest about 13 weeks ago. Genetic heart defect. When I died, I was legitimately scared. Not because it was over, but because I thought I truly hadn't lived. But then, I thought about it. I have a girlfriend who doesn't give a fuck about me. I have a dog that doesn't give a fuck about me. I have friends who don't give a fuck about me. My work, athletic, and academic careers are well above average but again...who the fuck cares. Some say to establish your own meaning and confidence in your actions. There is no meaning and there is nothing to be proud of. If I died today after the past 13 weeks, I can safely say that I will welcome it.
>>
>>684398980
Make reservations. Forever is a long time Jesus died so you have an eternal home when your time comes. Best wishes my man.
>>
because i know that i would doing the world a favor dying rather that wasting oxygen for you cucks
>>
I am somewhat exited to see what happens after death. If nothing happens then I will not be disappointed
>>
>>684399302
Nice fucking bait. Fuck off.
>>
I used to be a christian and even though I was "born again" and prayed all the time and stupid shit, I was fucking terrified of death.

At some point along the way, things started to click in my head about how retarded that religion is. Eventually I came to the conclusion that morality wise, gods cannot logically exist. And morality is the sole reason for most religions. So, if there are gods, they are not concerned with morality and I have nothing to be worried about.
However, I am confident enough now that there are no gods, and am no longer afraid of death or of an "afterlife"

I am more afraid of the things that kill you than death itself.
When I am, death has not come.
When death has come, I am not.
>>
>>684399499
Really not bait. Is it That hard to believe someones a christian?
>>
>>684399555
>checked

Why bother even living then?
>>
>>684399601
lol enjoy being forced to worship your dictator for all eternity

where do you think evil comes from? serious question
>>
>>684399555
Dont loose your faith man. Best wishes.
>>
>>684399792
my faith is long gone, and I have many reasons for it too

there is no god
also this >>684399752

Where do you think evil comes from?
>>
>>684399752
Im not forced to worship anything. I CHOOSE to worship him. Evil is the work of the devil my friend.
>>
>>684399752
If there was no evil we would not know what good was

Like if every single day of your life was good, you would take it for granted. We have to have bad days to remind us to be thankful for the good days
>>
>>684399992
So close
>>684400000
>>
>>684399992
So close.
>>
>>684399992
So Evil is the work of Satan?
Just curious, but do you consider the holy bible to be the true word of God?
>>
Death sounds fun and exciting a new place to go or not go
>>
>>684400305
Oh dat hive mind. Jinx!
>>
>>684400168
That is not what I am asking, I am asking where do you think it comes from? And what does your holy book say about the subject?
>>
File: kitty lazy.jpg (100 KB, 530x373) Image search: [Google]
kitty lazy.jpg
100 KB, 530x373
>>684398250
Not religious. I thought the other side was whatever you wanted it to be and, well, I saw a random guy who just asked me what I wanted. I asked if I was dead and he said I was. I was having trouble making up my mind, but he just sat there and smiled.

When I came to it was pretty sudden. I was gasping for air.
>>
>>684399950
Ive had my moments and reasons too man. Ive lost my faith before. without him you will never truly live and be happy. You have the choice to do and believe in what you want thats the beauty of life. If I could help one soul thats good enough for me. best wishes.
>>
>>684400526
if you want to help me answer my question

Where does evil come from?
>>
>>684400461
It is allowed by God for the reason stated i suppose

I don't know all the answers, i just try my best anon
>>
>>684400342
Its the closest thing I have to what He wanted me to read.
>>
File: MEgVf.jpg (90 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
MEgVf.jpg
90 KB, 1024x576
>>684399601
No. The issue is when idiots have proof punching them in the face saying that they are wrong. In your case, that your god doesn't exist and that even if he did, he is a fucking asshole, yet you still believe. I'm not an athiest or religious but I'm also not enough of a fucking idiot like you to believe in fallacies because your brain played a trick on you and you thought you "felt" something. This picture summarizes everything. Take it and learn from it. Fuck off, cunt.
>>
File: 340x_uzlulegxlou.jpg (11 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
340x_uzlulegxlou.jpg
11 KB, 340x255
You can't really be scared of something you don't know, since you can't tell if its good or bad. I think what scares you is not knowing, not death.
>>
>>684400682
The devil.
>>
>>684400684
If God allows evil then he is a malevolent god and nobody should wish to serve him.
>>
>>684400758
Have a nice day.
>>
>>684400804
Adam and eve ruined it for everyone.
>>
File: the smiths.jpg (118 KB, 600x903) Image search: [Google]
the smiths.jpg
118 KB, 600x903
>>684379209
>why aren't you?
because I'm 23 and not worrying about it atm. My grandpa is dying of cancer in his neck from smoking. he's been coughing up blood - that would be when I become scared of dying. When it's impending and I can see death at my door. But even then I'll probably just try to accept it because there's no real reason to worry. I've tried my hardest my entire life to do what I feel is right, and that's all I can do.
>>
>>684400487
Interesting. I really wonder if it was hallucinations from lack of oxygen?
>>
>>684400758
>>684399601
Remember that. I may miserable and hopeless but at the end of the day, at least I'm not a delusional, uneducated fuckhead like you. I'd rather go into the fucking dirt knowing the truth than to lie to myself thinking that I'm so important that I am deserving of some fairytale after life. Again...fuck off.
>>
>>684379209
cause its going to happen. pretty much the only thing you can ever be certain of in life is that you're gunna die.
>>
>>684400405
Nice man!
>>
>>684379209
Time does not exist and only seems to exist from our perspective because of consciousness. When we die our life will start over and repeat itself again and again for eternity.
>>
>>684400804
Yeah yeah I've heard it before, Epicurus' riddle.

Like i said i can't explain it other than what I've said already. We wouldn't know what good was unless we have to face evil from time to time
>>
>>684379984
>So it'd be a lot like what it felt like before you were born, do you remember what that was like? Of course not because you weren't conscious.
conciousness is such a weird fucking thing. I don't know how to phrase this, but if time exists forever, is it impossible that at some point in eternity you will not exist in some other reality as another entity? please tell me how this wouldn't make sense because I think it seems legit.
>>
File: 9zllbo6V.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
9zllbo6V.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>684401089
Haha yeah, and god allows it, right?
What bothers me the most is that after all, all you can christians say is "God is too much for our minds". Tell me, how can you love something that you don't even understand? Because you "felt it"?
>>
>>684401274
DMT gets released in the brain when it believes that you're dying
>>
>>684401389
Again have a nice day. I have an opinion the same as you. Why cant you respect a different opinion then yours? You need some help.
>>
>>684400526
>>684400682
>>684400684
>>684400716
>>684400801

In the holy infallible word of god, The Holy Bible, it says in Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and CREATE EVIL; I the LORD do all these things."

And that I have not taken that verse out of context.

Based on the WORD OF GOD, God is EVIL.
Any god who would allow evil, is evil. Any god who would create evil is evil.

NOBODY should wish to serve the God of the abrahamic religions (jews, christians, mudslimes)
they are all founded on the principles of a selfish malevolent deity

Jesus Christ is evil and his "all powerful" daddy is evil too.

If you don't believe me, take the time and actually read through your bible for once. I spent 20 years being a "born again" christian. I accepted Jesus and was baptized and everything. I wasnt a fairweather christian, I wasnt a "luke-warm" christian. I was in church whenever the doors were open, I was in other countries spreading the word of god to fuckin natives who had only seen white man a handful of times in their lives. I was a legitimate christian. I spent 20+ years STUDYING the book that you all base your religious beliefs on.

If you havent actually read the words that are the SOLE BASIS for your beliefs, then you are blinding following a religion for no real reason.
READ the bible and take in what it actually says.

Your so called god is evil, and your religion is a plague on this earth.

The devil didnt make me an Atheist, The BIBLE did.
>>
>>684401656
That's really about all there is to it. It's unexplainable. Either you had the chance to feel it and you actively rejected it or you will feel it soon in the future
>>
>>684401664
who knew? interesting.
>>
>>684401837
Well said my man!
>>
File: tie kitten.jpg (139 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tie kitten.jpg
139 KB, 800x600
>>684401274
As I said, it might have been. Lots of scientists think all the other side stuff is hallucinations. At least you're going to see whatever you wanted to see. It is your own head after all. Until everything turns into too much mush to work anymore, anyway.

If it wasn't a hallucination but an actual afterlife it still makes sense. If we all get what we believe in then there is no wrong answer. Many viewpoints from many heads = many faiths. So all faiths are correct.
>>
>>684401787
No. You are missing the whole fucking point. I don't have an opinion. I literally could not give less of a fuck if god exists or doesn't and I have no opinion on the matter. The only thing that has been proven is that the christian god is false. You have an opinion. Your opinion is wrong. You still think your opinion is right even though it is wrong. That makes you retarded or delusional. Which is it?
>>
What were the chances of you existing in the first place? The chances for *your* counciousness to be created? Either we accept that you defied astronomical odds. Or, perhaps, it wasn't so unlikely to happen in the first place. I believe our counciousness is inevitable, and will be recreated again after we die.
>>
>>684401656
Its called faith. It grows.
>>
>>684401811
If he gives us free will (let's not get into that) then there's nothing really that he can do if we choose evil other than punish us at the end. He'll forgive us but we still have to suffer the consequences
>>
>>684402102
sir you forgot this
>hands you a fedora
>>
>>684402102
Alright have a nice day. You are a waste of time.
>>
File: fegit.png (415 KB, 650x700) Image search: [Google]
fegit.png
415 KB, 650x700
>>684401837
You can't understand it, you don't know if it exists, you justify his contradictions and murders, yet you still "love" him.
I think you are just scared of accepting death.
>>
>>684402062
An interesting article to that point

http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2009/06/how-to-get-out-of-hell/
>>
>>684401811
dubs speak the truth

Also TL;DR for that post is -
Don't claim to be a Christian unless you've actually studied the bible
If you havent studied and read the entire thing, you are just pretending to be a christian and blindly following what some guy standing on a stage tells you

also the bible says that your own god is evil, in as many words
>>
>>684402208
lel
>>
>>684402297
It has nothing to do with death. I don't know where you're getting that.
>>
File: 1450874340058.png (134 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1450874340058.png
134 KB, 512x384
Not scared of dying, scared of dying a nobody.
>>
>>684402208
Hey fuckhead, look back through the thread. I said the christian god is false. I never said god in general doesn't exist. When you make a claim you have to substantiate it with evidence. Fedoramancer athiests can't substantiate a lack of god and religious cucks can't substantiate the existence of one. Summer is definitely here.
>>
>>684402128
you truly don't understand free will if you believe in god
if you believe in god you also believe in predestination
free will and predestination cannot coexist

whatever broken logic you use to make them work with each other is flawed,

also based on that post I can tell you havent actually read the bible, go back and actually read through it all and try to actually comprehend it
>>
>>684402128
Well said my man.
>>
File: 1461994401229.gif (933 KB, 343x284) Image search: [Google]
1461994401229.gif
933 KB, 343x284
>>684402125
"Faith". More like being unable of thinking logically.
Seriously, there is an obvious answer, yet you choose to believe in something so illogical because of "faith". Bullshit, you are just scared.
>>
>>684402494
>implying dying a somebody is any different
>>
>>684402128
>>684402629
Ok so its ok for a God to create, not just allow, but to CREATE evil, allow us to perform evil acts, and then damn us for it?

all this flawed logic is why the smart christians lose their faith
>>
>>684402765
I want to die happy, knowing i had a good run and a good life and i enjoyed it. I don't want to die and on my death bed say "well i had a lot of adventures, don't believe me check my steam library"
>>
File: flute kitty.jpg (559 KB, 1246x1500) Image search: [Google]
flute kitty.jpg
559 KB, 1246x1500
>>684402331
Pretty interesting. I wonder how many other people think the afterlife is whatever you make it into? I also wonder how they came to the conclusion.

I just suspected there was no "set" afterlife because nobody could agree on one. So I figured it made more sense if there wasn't one. No need for complex explanations, just keep it simple. Life tends to favor simplicity over warring opposites anyway.
>>
>>684402933
He never created evil. He allows it. Its called free will. In the end he will punish for not accepting him as god and your lord and savior.
>>
>>684402564
I fucking know about the predestination/free will thing, and i don't know what you want me to say

All I'm saying is that i believe in God, i don't know where you're coming up with ask this extraneous bullshit
>>
>>684402933
dubs speaks truth again

also if you didnt read my long ass post earlier, look up Isaiah 45:7 in your bible and then tell me your god isnt evil.

Simple logic can tell us that god is evil.
If you say the devil is the source of original evil, well then God is evil because he created satan and knew he would corrupt the humans.

If you say that man is the ultimate source of evil, well god created man and knew they would perform evil acts, therefore god is evil.

There is literally no situation in which god is not malevolent at his very base.
Your holy book literally even says this, yet you still follow it
>>
>>684402460
Why would you follow god if it wasn't for that? You choose to believe in something you can't explain because it gives you something, in this case, life after death. This is why you people can't explain gods, because they can only give you inmaterial, and you can't even assure if you are going to get it.
Religion are pure assumptions.
>>
>>684403193
Its 4chan you get attacked for being a christian or mentioning Christianity. Wish people would respect each other just a little sometimes.
>>
>>684402970
Why does it matter? You would be dead. Even if you died unhappy you wouldn't feel or think anything the second you are dead....

Why do you think exploring Morrowind or Skyrim or some shit is any less meaningful than some fucking beta male faggot with his parents' credit card "exploring" the world? I've gone all around the world and I also play a lot of fucking video games. Pro tip: Both don't fucking matter.
>>
>>684403110
If you haven't already, you should read about Astral projection.

Careful though, it can be dangerous, but it feels very very real, and if it isn't, our brains must be ridiculously powerful.
>>
>>684403148
if you say "God didnt create evil" You have NOT read the bible, which is the SOLE BASIS for your religion.
The bible literally says, and I quote:

"I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and CREATE EVIL; I the LORD do all these things." - Isaiah 45:7 100%not out of context

there are many other similar verses throughout the bible, but this is the most blatant

I am DIRECTLY accusing you of being a fake christian for not knowing the word of your own god. You sir need to re-read the bible before you go about preaching to people.
>>
>>684379209
>fear of death
Why? It's just part of the ride.
>>
>>684403639
>2016
>Arguing with a christain
It's like trying to convince a mental patient who thinks they are Napoleon that they are not Napoleon.
>>
>>684403639
You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good.God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want “robots” that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their “programming.” God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.
>>
>>684403193
All I'm trying to do is help you to free yourself from the chains of irrational thought. I am not saying these things because I hate any of you. I genuinely want you all to become enlightened about the evils of the christian, muslim, and hebrew religions.

Whether or not there is a god is not the real issue here, the issue is that if you are following the christian god, you are following a god who openly claims to have created evil, which is at its very core, wrong.
>>
>>684379209
because I'm living
>>
>>684403464
Does death delete life? I mean, I think that you are just ignoring something important, which is the whole life.
>>
File: wut.gif (56 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
56 KB, 150x150
>>684404000
>>
If you don't remember life before you were born, you won't witness life after you're gone.

I'm not afraid of AFTER, I'm just annoyed that I won't be able to see the evolution of the world, and how current problems work out.
The progression/regression of America, the birth of nations, the death of another, etc

I just hope I'll feel and see everything I can before I die, you know
>>
>>684404000
I'm not ignoring it. I take facts over feelings. Here is a fact; If the whole human race would have never existed, not much in the universe would be any different. Life isn't important.
>>
>>684403919
I know bro, but I have actually been successful in turning multiple christians to the logical side. This has been my most successful path of reasoning to date. It may not seem like the greatest argument from our side of things, but when they realize the things that their holy book says, a lot of them start to actually question what they believe, whether they say it aloud or not.

I do it because I genuinely care and want for them to be able to unshackle their brains. Some of them may be born eat grass and be sheep, but some have just been trapped into a shitty brainwashed upbringing like I was myself. I wish someone had gotten to me sooner, I feel like I wasted so much time in the church when I could have actually been out doing things that really mattered.

idk maybe Im just a stupid faggot

at least Im not as stupid as them
>>
>>684379209

dig a big big big mother FUCKING tomb
>>
>>684404364
Did you use a syringe full of sodium pentathol to do this by chance? Because that is the only way to convince one. Maybe a gunshot to the head too.
>>
>>684403334
As i said before, it's not just "heaven insurance."

And you're right, it's certainly not explainable or logical. I don't know what it is, but it's there, it's powerful, and it's loving.

I'm relatively new to this, having been an atheist most of my life. I really can't explain it.
>>
File: national shitposting agency.png (1002 KB, 2992x2992) Image search: [Google]
national shitposting agency.png
1002 KB, 2992x2992
hide motherfuckers.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.