[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dr. giving me Zoloft for Depression/Anxiety/Stress. Experiences?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 6
File: RRG49000.jpg (27 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
RRG49000.jpg
27 KB, 288x216
Dr. giving me Zoloft for Depression/Anxiety/Stress. Experiences? What should I expect? Pros/Cons?
>>
>>683019982
head aches
>>
felt like a zombie....dont just stop taking it cold turkey if you start. also, dont do any psychadelics or ecstasy, it can fuck your shit up
>>
>>683019982
Well for me all drugs helped with was my ocd. Did not affect my sexuality nor make me happy altho i could swear it made my eye vision weaker.
>>
>>683019982
placebo proved more effective then 99% of atnidepressant results.
your psychiatrist wont tell you that will he?
>>
>>683019982
Zoloft with kill your dick after about 3-7 days.
Fully incapable of reaching orgaism,if at all getting an erection.
Will take months to get back feeling and control.'

Avoid like the plague.And paxil,that shit is way worse then zoloft
>>
>>683020727
because that's a lie
>>
Speaking from personal experience here; you'll probably have trouble sleeping for the first week or so, along with some dry mouth. Might get some headaches too, but it goes away once your body gets used to it.
>>
File: MOISTER OYSTER.jpg (107 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MOISTER OYSTER.jpg
107 KB, 400x400
>>
>>683020727
Psychiatrists are fucking dickheads if u tell them u wanna get off drugs.

But op, drugs are not worth it! Instead do meditation, eat healthy, have lots of vitamins, fruit and vegetables.

That seriously helps your body instead of stuffing it with drugs that contain so many side effects.
>>
>>683020768
Zoloft user here, had the opposite effect. Ive been fapping like a mad man, it's like I'm back to being a teenager again.
>>
>>683020357
approved
>>
>>683019982
I take the non-brand-name version of Zoloft, Sertaline Hydrochloride.

This is the first drug to do anything useful for me. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression. This drug takes MOST of the anxiety away, but unfortunately enhances my nail biting habit.
As for depression, it REALLY takes the edge off, allows me to experience happiness from time to time. It doesn't make me "happy" but it's the closest I've ever been.

Side-affects for me include lowered sex drive, and if you take it without food it will make your stomach hurt, make you feel like you want to vomit.

I didn't notice any change in sleep habits.
>>
Been on it for about 3 years OP. Keeps me calm and steady, but it depends on your dosage and how your body reacts. If you don't feel better by the end of 4 weeks, tell your doctor and try something else. No anti depressant is one-size-fit-all.
>>
>>683019982
yea dont come off them too fast or you get realy bad headaches and a dry throat for some reason
>>
Zoloft will fuck your dick. You'll get hard but can't cum
>>
>>683020357
You can still take psycadelics just be very careful. And it's pointless to take mdma because it won't give you any euphoria, just puts you at risk for seritonin syndrome..

As gay as it sounds, you need to commit to therapy when taking these pills. If you don't they'll just make you feel good for 4-5 months then stop working and you'll be in the same exact place you were before but now dependent on a prescription drug
>>
>>683021100
>never had chronic diagnosed depression
There is ZERO medical evidence that shows ANY sort of meditation,having any relevance(you're welcome to show me a peer reviewed journal that proves otherwise
>>
>>683020768

>They gave me a useless education
>And a subprime loan
>On a craftsman home
>Keep my prescriptions filled
>And now I can't get off
>But I can kind of deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JODshFyKHuA
>>
>>683019982
you dont need them. trust me they will fuck you up even more when you think you shouldnt take them anymore and they will make you super sensitive to caffeine and stuff so when u drink energy drinks or caffiene you will have a freak out!
>>
im not on Zoloft.. but for anxiety depression im on efexor.. it works... only 1 side effect... my dick is on perma airplane mode.. srs
>>
>>683019982
they didnt do much for me, wasnt that big of a difference. it might be different for you though obviously
>>
>>683019982
Expect to get your brain disabled permanently. That's what you're going to get for telling a doctor about emotional problems.

If you ever want to seriously research the SSRI before pulling the trigger, read this book "Antidepressant Fact Book" by peter breggin. You can probably torrent it.
>>
i just got my dosage raised to 30mg escitalopram last week wish me luck familia
>>
>>683020882
>speaking out of your ass
the fucking literal studies prove that you fucking moron
>>
ITT: People who are spamming retoric
ITT: People who have never had medically diagnosed anxiety/depression
>>
>>683021598
its a common side effect, just tell your doc and they will look at other medications and find the one right for you. i had the same problem with prozac
>>
>>683019982
OP let me ask you this.
Currently I am facing depression myself. Went to see my normal doctor, and he have fluoxetine (Prozac). It work to control my panic attacks for a while.. Also a referral to see the psychiatrist. Dont going to lie my depression is getting worse. I ran out of prozac. IS just getting worse. Not only that I also been having extreme anxiety. I cannot think about this girl that rejected me and the need of saying sorry for creeping he out . I wan to go see the psychiatrist but I am scare they are going to fuck up my permanent record. Does anxiaty ever goes away? Anybody? Please Is getting worse.
>>
>>683022220
There is no "medical diagnosis" for depression or anxiety. It's a fucking label that a therapist will give you based on the signed YOU tell him. If you show yourself to be helpless enough, they will give you this fake "diagnosis". It's basically legitimizing the drug companies for selling their shit to you and get you to be a lifelong customer.
>>
Became an emotional blank until one day I snapped and tried to run old people off the road for doing 35 in a 70.
>>
>>683019982
Maybe you should ask the fucking Dr instead of children
>>
>>683022544
Explain type 1 bipolar then?
Clearly that cannot be called normal behavior
>>
>>683022324
wouldn't hurt I guess -- Effexor turns you into an emotional zombie
>>
>>683022521
>i ran out of prozac

you cant just stop taking it, you just fucked yourself over
>>
>>683019982
Take them and flush them down the fucking toilet.

First you will be visiting your drug dealer, aka doctor, every month or so, being completely fucknig sick for the first few weeks while ramping up.

Nothing changes after you have your magical pills, you still have the same issues as before, just now need to take a pill every day so you won't throw up -- yeah if you miss a pill you'll probably get sick.

Oh and when you finally realize you are slowly poisoning yourself and you want to get off the drugs, yeah that's another six months of reductions, brain zaps, and all other sorts of fun mindfucks.

Go smoke a joint.
>>
File: pic_4_big.jpg (82 KB, 1200x993) Image search: [Google]
pic_4_big.jpg
82 KB, 1200x993
>>683019982
Terrible.

>your dick stays limp
>if you manage a boner you can't orgasm
>horrible nightmares
>i had massive panic attacks on it, I literally ran into the outside winter weather in my underwear on it

You will hate it. I did.
>>
>>683021523

I think continued CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) has had great results for a lot of people. Personally I will just carry my melancholy with me for life and enjoy what I can... better than these drugs IMO (from what I've read).
>>
>>683022722
We're not talking about normal vs abnormal BEHAVIOR, we're talking about medical illnesses and diseases that can be diagnosed with a scientific way. The term "type 1" and "bipolar" are just fancy bullshit made up to make it sound like a real disease. But it's not. It's all psychological, just a bundle of emotions or feelings that is based on your current life situation and your surroundings and friends.
>>
i dont get why people say anti depressant/anxiety meds fuck you up, i have been on an ssri for a few years it has improved my quality of life greatly
>>
>>683022722

Bipolar I with psychotic features here. It's not "depression" or "anxiety", those are just symptoms. Everybody experiences depression and anxiety at times. Severe Bipolar is much more than "OMG I'M SAD!".
>>
>>683023322
LOL
I knew you were retarded,but this is absurdly large amounts of retardation

Read any medical journal going back to the 40's about bipolar.Certinly they were pushing antidepressents in the fucking 40's Right?
>>
>>683022830
As gay an angst as this guy sounds, hes actually right..

It doesn't fix your problems, just temporarily makes you not care about them
>>
>>683019982
I take wellbutrin 300mg xls and 200mgs of zoloft. No boner issues, or anxiety issues. Keeps me leveled. That combo is good the two by themselves are definetly not as good as a pair. Although if I had to chose to be on one itd be wellbutrin.
>>
>>683023626
how are you even alive with that dosage
>>
>>683023559
Mood abnormalities are emotional problems. It dates back, not to 1940's but to beginning of human history and evolution. They just made it into a fancy "disease" to sell you drugs these days instead of being responsible and taking care of you with human values like compassion and empathy.
>>
From my personal experience, Zoloft will fuck your shit up for a while. Everything was just so much worse until it was fully in my system (depression, anxiety, suicidal durations and whatnot).

Getting off of Zoloft also really fucked my world up.
>>
>>683023919

You sir, are an idiot.
>>
>>683019982
Don't do it man, it MIGHT make you feel better for a certain amount of time. But most likely it will make you worse, and then you have to come off of it. I took anti depressants for 9 years and I took lexapro for 4 straight. I'm currently going through protracted withdrawal, I took my last pill in late November of 2015 and I'm still having symptoms.

I kind of feel like an asshole saying that, but honestly anti depressants didn't help me at all. Infact i ended up in rehab because when I was on lexapro I drank alcoholically, the medication literally made me an alcoholic. I can a beer and be ok now.

Of course now I'm not drinking that much because it kicks up my symptoms. Just think about it man
>>
>>683023919
You do know people were aware that colds existed without knowing what viruses were, right?
I'm just flicking through /b/, but if you are referencing socrates as backing your position you are stretching a bit
>>
>>683023796
Ive been on wellbutrin for 6 years and the combo going on a year now without any side effects. Got issues nigga.
>>
>>683023919
A manic state of bipolar can be handled with medication

Spending $5,000 on impulse,to driving 100 down the freeway for the rush of adreniline

Without medication this happens,with medication it is highly mitigated

You're full of delusional bullshit
>>
>>683024215
I don't think cold and flue is a good analogue for this argument. Cold is an actual viral disease caused by an outside agent, in this case, a virus. But something like depression isn't a disease. It's just a feeling, though for some people, it might last a very long time depending on the quality of their human relationships.
>>
>>683024331

But note: Antidepressants are a no-no for true Bipolar people because it can easily spawn mania.
>>
>>683024760
So im activly controlling the 3 drugs in my brain,responsible for anxiety/depression and overall mood stability?

Fuck off
>>
>>683024331
Funny, that's exactly how the pills made me behave. Within the first 4 months I purchased a new car (55k) and chewed through 15k in savings all because I just didn't give a fuck anymore. It's been almost 4 years since then and it all seems like it was a dream.. except I still have that goddamn car payment.
>>
>>683021598
I take Effexor too, but I can jerk it like 5 times a day. How long have you been taking it?
>>
>>683021598
im on effexor too. 300mg daily.
the first day i took only 25 mg and i felt weird. but in a good way. i didnt feel like talking and i was relaxed. just carefree.
nwo i dont even know if it works or not. i only felt it the first day.
>>
>>683024981

Don't worry, I decided to get married to a Chinese girl, bought her a $36,000 car and a $342,000 house for us which I left for her in the prenup, and 7 months later was divorced and in a hospital lmao. I like that I can laugh about it though now.
>>
>>683025025
since june.. did the 2 week ween 37.5mg went up to 100mg... then today went to 150mg
>>
>>683024953
Umm, I'm not sure what drugs you're referring to. But feelings are experiences. They are not physiological and/or biochemical.

The pharmaceutical industry wants you to believe you feel a certain way because of certain neurotransmitter which is utter bullshit. Human brain is more complex than the entire universe and it evolved to the incredible thing it is in millions of years. You're might buy this garbage from drug companies that your mood is caused by a certain chemical. But I won't.
>>
>>683025361
Weird, I'm on 150mg. The first few weeks were fucking great. I never had that much energy and lust for life. Every I wanted to do something new and meet new people. But lo and behold not 2 months in and I don't really notice it anymore.. Drugs have a way of plateauing out and becoming ineffective after awhile. Actually therapy and working through your problems is the only real solution to this shit as gay as it sounds.
>>
>>683025025
long story short it gives me whiskey dick.... turns me into an emotional zombie.. mellows me the fuck out... prior to Effexor I wasn't coping with stress anxiety properly, was hitting the bottle hard.. but now its like I know im pissed or sad, I just don't FEEL it anymore.. therefore I don't get so f#@$%# stressed I get pushed to drinking my ass off
>>
>>683022544
The only non-retarded person in this thread. I recommend this guy's work for anyone that is able to think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7GmeSAxXo
>>
>>683025622
Once you even out on a milligram and take it for a few months straight your dick will work just fine again
>>
>>683024760
It is not just a feeling though, is it? The body, specifically the brain, is fucked up when you're depressed right? the neurotransmitters are out of balance?
Would you say hyperthyroidism is not a disease because you cannot identify an external cause for it?
The human body is not infallible, it has certainly been shown to fail and produce harmful states of unbalance.
Is it a disease? I'm not going to google the definition, but I think you're kidding yourself if you handwave the biomolecular components of it in favour of human relationships which may or may not even be involved
>>
>>683025602
haha yeah, laughing at something like that is probably the best way to take it.
>>
File: zoloft.jpg (56 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
zoloft.jpg
56 KB, 600x350
>>
>>683025730

Oh so I guess dopamine and serotonin don't truly exist? You have to be the dumbest person I've seen on /b/.
>>
>>683022544
this. so much this.
>>
>>683025915
Weird... Give it time and your dick will work again though, I promise

And stay off the liquor friend. It's bad to drink in excess and take medicine like this
>>
>>683026316
Damn I wish I could be an angsty teenager who knows everything again ...

Those were the times, I'm guessing you were born in 1998? 99?
>>
>>683026043
there could be worse side effects rite? the dead libido thing is just a weird one....
>>
>>683022544
Lol you sound legit mentally handicapped. Either you're 15 or you're a mentally stunted southerner
>>
>>683025944

but there is no such thing as retardation, you retard
>>
>>683026855
Yeah, for me it didn't really matter though cause I wasn't getting any at the time.
>>
>>683026262
It's okay, your doctor, who gets free shit from the manufacturers, says it's a great pill and will cure you... Plus you get to see him 3 - 4 times a year for a checkup, how convenient!! Maybe even some lab work too!

The fact that the manufacturers lobby our congress to make sure these pills stay on the market is also something we should just ignore.
>>
>>683025850
im bipolar. :/
>>
Whisky dick for fucking days
>>
>>683026971
>a wild big pharma shill appears
>>
>>683026052
There is nothing wrong with the brain of people with emotional problems. The only "neurotransmitter imbalances" in your brain are the ones CAUSED by the drugs you've taken, if you've taken any. These drugs severely disrupt the normal function of neurotransmitters.

I seriously think you should watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARZ2Wv2BoFs
>>
>>683027524
Yeah dude the whole worlds out to get you maaaaannn. Hormones in the milk, fluoride in the water controlling our mind. Watch out the mans probably coming to get you right now because you're so deep in the rabbit hole maaaan
>>
You want to impress a girl this is the drug for you, I was on 200 mg and I couldn't bust if I tried also don't take 200 my doctor was a dumb ass
>>
>>683027437

You shouldn't be on an antidepressant if you're bipolar. If you are, it means your pdoc sucks or you're not bipolar...or both.
>>
>>683027733
See>>683027821
>>
>>683027524

You sound like you may be delusional, may want to get it checked out.
>>
>>683021523
Well, I'm kind of lazy to pull out the actual papers so this should do for now..

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/meditation_for_anxiety_and_depression

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=1809754

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/03/cover-mindfulness.aspx
>>
>>683027873
the antidepressants takes the edge off when im depressed and are mostly to help with my anxiety.
im also on Seroquel as a mood stabilizer and to help me sleep.
>>
Doctor just put me on this shit, kinda sketched out by it. I was just trying to get adderall and he said I don't have add but I have dysthymia. I'm about to just say the shit makes my dick not work and I want a stimulant
>>
>>683028305
Just another dumb ass alternative healing fag

I hope your kid gets depression and kills himself because you think he's just being a "shill for big pharma">>683027524
>>
>>683028638
Adderall is fucking gross and has serious long term effects not yet recognized because the first generation to take it their whole lives are in their late 20s early 30s
>>
>>683027821
Even that kind of attitude will help you more in life than the average one of "Everything is constantly improving and highly educated people can't be wrong"
>>
Bumping for bump
>>
>>683028454

Should be careful though as antidepressants can cause mania, and sounds like you have an old timer doc. At least ask about Abilify or similar as a replacement. It doesn't have the fatigue of Seroquel and helps stabilize your dopamine so you should never need an antidepressant. Then they can always add something for anxiety. For me it was neurontin oddly enough. Different for everyone though. I've been off all meds for a year now, so maybe shouldn't be giving advice haha.
>>
>>683029209
Can't tell if this is bait or you're really that fucking stupid
>>
>>683022521
Prozac isn't something you can just "stop taking"
Fuck is a "permanent record"? Go to the doctor you fucking spaz
>>
>>683027733
he kind of seems like he's bullshitting though, doesn't he?
He's taking his "there can't be anything wrong with yooouur brain unless you USE drugs!" as an a priori and then stacking up examples of how the brain is subject to change

The brain is not more complicated than the rest of the universe, this guy knows it isn't and is saying it is. He's a liar, my guess is he sells a book, but I could be wrong. Not depressed or on drugs. --- oh and look at that he is selling books. Ok, well, I don't know or care about this really, but do consider that the other side of the fence is shilling their voodoo too
>>
>>683028672
Don't be silly little boy.

Antidepressants and benzos have their place and time, but denying the actual positive, proven effects of nutrition (micro and macro), meditation, cbt and proper sleep hygiene is just dumb as fuck.
>>
>>683029372
haha. i appreciate all advice i can get:)
i dont get the worst mood swings but im mildly high most of the time.
have you or anyone else here tried lithium?
>>
>>683028672

So edgy. There's a true situation where big pharma is big money and it's abused, but there's actually mental illnesses out there and some medication helps certain people.
>>
>>683028672
so i see that you couldn't refute any of that so you just resulted to name calling like like little kid.
>>
>>683022521
>>683029592
Yeah you should seek medical attention. Abruptly stopping ssris and snris can be dangerous and cause weird shit to happen in your brain
>>
when i took it i felt pretty ok, i only got sad or upset about reasonable shit, not for no reason. first day I took it, I had a speech prepared for a class and the professor commented that I was way too laid back with the crowd/class haha. but id suggest not using any other drugs with it. in my experience that just made it stop working.
>>
>>683029592
are you serious? your the second guy that told me that/ Why? What happens after you stold taking prozac?I mean I ran out of prozac. My doctor didnt sign for a refill.
I am scare they going to fuck up my permanent record with depression and severe anxiety. I wont be able to have a normal job
>>
>>683029848
It's not like you can refute the actual medical knowledge that mainstream scientists subscribe to, but that doesn't stop you from being an idiot
>>
>>683028672
You seem to know all the answers, have you actually taken any of these meds or are you just being a giant fucking cock?
>>
>>683030175
There's no such thing as a permanent record. Go to the hospital and explain the situation to them

Please just be bait or something
>>
>>683030311
I take Effexor 150mg , but maybe I'm just a huge cock
>>
>>683029658
More complicated than the rest of universe or not, it is above and beyond anything we can comprehend in this day and age.

I find it more of voodoo when some drug-company funded research comes out with the idea that our brain are fundamentally flawed and that one or two specific chemicals are responsible for our emotional sufferings.
>>
>>683029787

I never did. I went into a very expensive treatment program after being hospitalized and they had a top notch doc who gave me the Abilify and neurontin and he was on point (worked for me). I was surprised I didn't get Lithium after researching it. Lithium is something that has been around forever though in Bipolar cases and can't say I have ever heard anything bad about it except minor symptoms. It's different for everyone though, I think I just got really lucky or maybe my doc knew his shit with Bipolar Disorder.
>>
>>683030405
why the fuck would I be bait?
>>
>>683019982
>Zoloft
Shit's weak.
I was made eat 2 250mg pills and a half 2 times a day and it didn't do shit aside from looking high as fuck.
After my wallet starting to drain because of the cost I said fuck it and stop taking them and actually felt better off of those shits.
>>
>>683030559
You have a valid point but when brains don't produce enough of other chemicals they get diagnosed as real medical issues. It's just people don't take this seriously because they think the people are just sad and can't handle it because they themselves can't comprehend depression and how it affects the human brain.
>>
>>683027524
Looks like you called that one m8
>>
>>683030175
forget depression go to the doctor for autism
>>
>>683030702
Cause you sound mentally handicapped. Sorry if it's just that English isn't your first language. But just go to the hospital and explain your situation and they'll help ease the withdrawals that shitty doc sent you into
>>
>>683030702

You aren't actually. I can't buy a gun according to the feds because of being hospitalized for my illness.
>>
>>683031021
this one actually made me laugh
>>
>>683030175
You can't be turned down for a job or school based on physical or mental illness unless it renders you incapable of doing said job. Sometimes, your employers even get paid to hire people with mental/physical handicaps and they want to keep you more because of it. "Permanent record" does not exist. Prozac is dangerous to come off of for a number of reasons, short answer is that it's just the nature of the drug. In my opnion, it's not something that should be tried until you've exhausted other options like a healthy sleep schedule, proper diet and exercise regimen, and removing negative influences from your life. Have you done all of those things? Then stop complaining about depression and do something about it. Drink more water. Eat good foods that don't come out of a box. Then you can do whatever you want

I'm actually dying, slowly going blind, and some people can't figure out how to live normally and it just pisses me off
>>
Didn't work for me
>>
>>683031096
Yeah I forgot about this actually. I just never think about it because I'll never want to buy a gun for any reason.
>>
>>683030559
you can say whatever you want to justify it as he does, but this phony is trying to sell you a product -- ie books and therapy. Is it more of voodoo? Maybe it is maybe it isn't, but it's not a pissing contest. I'm merely warning you that you are putting a lot of stock in people who you know are lying to you and want your money

The guy did not make a point that the brain chemistry cannot be out of balance, in fact he made a point that it can. He simply does not accept that it can exist without external cause, which... maybe he has a reason to doubt, but he made no point to relay that to his customers
>>
>>683030885
I think we're looking at it the wrong way. The brain doesn't control how we feel, how we feel controls how our brain functions.

When YOU decide to do something, to feel something, to achieve anything in life, your brain does all the complicated neurotransmitter and millions of different processes in the background that makes it happen.

You are in charge of your brain, not the other way around.
>>
I feel no effect from Zoloft except for the fact that I want to cease existing more.
>>
>>683031265

The "permanent record" does exist, but not for getting a job. Life insurance companies or the government, i.e., can see all your hospitalizations. There is a database.
>>
>>683031690
Idk when I turned 13 out of no where I got these thoughts that I should kill myself and that the future was utterly hopeless and I couldn't have asked for a better life/parents
>>
>>683031074
I cant understand that sentence you just wrote.
Are you trying to say that "English" is not my first language?
>>
since 60% of people on this site would rather you die of an OD on stream for them, I'd say see a few different doctors and get multiple opinions to get the best medication.
>>
>>683031265
Thank you, and I am sorry. I understand what your saying. Is just at the time when this thing happen I felt the need of getting drugs
>>
Wanting to kys
>>
>>683031939
Okay, but chances are it's not going to seriously hinder his life at all
>>
>>683031979
Holy shit maybe you are just mentally retarded or this is just primo bait.

I don't care what you do any more you seem to stupid to even help yourself
>>
>>683019982
Reduced cognitive abilities for life
>>
>>683031961
Actually a lot of people feel that way. It's common when you have abusive families or bullies.
>>
>>683032396
Explain? That sounds stupid as shit.. Why would doctors prescribe that to you if that was true?
>>
>>683032331
fuckoff
thanks for your help though. You "really" made a difference in my life.
>>
>>683032614
Because you won't notice
>>
>>683032201
It's not your fault, the pharmaceutical companies spend billions of dollars marketing to doctors so that people will see taking a pill as the easy way out of their depression instead of actually making healthy life choices which can solve/help 99.9% of depression. You don't need to get sucked into that crap though, it's not going to help you in the long run.
>>
>>683032562
But I didn't is the thing, I had loads of friends and my parents are the most supportive people I could have asked for. Once I went through puberty it's like my mind just started working differently. It's like I was trapped inside of a dark room even though my life was sunshine and puppies
>>
>>683019982
This is coming from experience: don't take it.
>>
>>683032758
Lol 8/8 b8 m8, truly gr8
>>
>>683032329

Nope, not at all. I know many Bipolar people like myself and friends who are even Schizophrenic and we all function well in society and you'd never know. He's better off working his ass off to fight whatever he's dealing with and continually being aware of himself every minute. In the end, you are truly in control of your mind if you are aware of it. IMO.
>>
>>683032853
Were you on a coffee withdrawal?
>>
>>683019982
buy ammo and shoot psychiatrists instead
>>
>>683032614
Because they dont give a shit about your health and just follow the guidelines they were taught at pharmaceutically sponsored institutions
>>
>>683033003
I had never drank coffee at that age
>>
>>683033237
I can't help you then
>>
>>683033186
I mean I understand this "red pill" explanation, but in no way does it diminish your intellectual abilities
>>
>>683031265
You have convinced me never to get on prescription drugs to deal with my shit. Have been dealing with depression hard for a fucking while but im working on it. Ive always figured that if I couldnt do it maybe drugs would be my last chance/last resort but thanks anon, im never going to go there, sounds like it will make me more fucked up than before.
>>
>>683019982
I call it zolsoft. You wont get an erection. If you are male i am assuming
>>
>>683033298
Lol that wasn't the argument.. I wasn't saying you could help me I was proving the point that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain that usually manifests itself during puberty and not a result of taking ssri's, snri's or any other prescribed or non prescribed drug
>>
>>683032853
How old are you now? Have you been feeling the same since?
>>
>>683019982
bye bye labido and erections
>>
>>683032329

And also your mentioning of eating right and being on a good schedule is HUGE. That was a very important note everyone should see. Sleep, diet and exercise is seriously an incredible thing for any mental illness.
>>
>>683019982
Can get erection but good luck cumming! I destroyed my ex housemate for 4 hours before i could cum.
Not as fun as it sounds.
>>
>>683033900
I've been on an ssri and now I'm on the SNRI Effexor (venlafaxine) for about a year now. The drugs seem to help for a while at the beginning, but the effects plateau out and eventually you feel the same as before you started taking them
>>
>>683032779
so what should I do know?I mean, should I go see the psychiatric at this point? I cant control the anxiety
>>
>>683033900
>>683034375

Forgot to answer the age question: I started feeling depressed around the age of 12-13 when I went through puberty. I got on an ssri when receiving therapy at 17 and then got in Effexor at age 21 when the original ssri wasn't doing anything to help my depression/ anxiety anymore. I am current 22 and have been taking Effexor for a little more than a year but honestly it feels like I did before, but there were a few magical months where I did feel great from the therapy/Effexor
>>
>>683019982
Zoloft a shit, enjoy being a zombie.

Go back and ask for fluoxetine hydrochloride (Prozac).
>>
Don't listen to the anons saying it'll kill your dick, I've never had that problem. Don't forget to take it, or else you'll have a hard time keeping your balance, like when you get a sinus infection.
>>
>>683033487
Keep trying, you have to remember that most of life is spent trying to ease the pains of living. It's supposed to be painful. Not everyone is strong enough for it, but when you start to accept that you're one of those who isn't strong enough it's hard to come back from. Possible, just difficult. Glad that my thoughts could have a positive impact on someone though, I hope you start to do better for yourself
>>
>>683033826
I was just referencing the video posted at >>683027733, in which he claims he experienced depression/fatigue/aches from caffeine withdrawal and therefore the only emotions can be the real reason you feel bad

It was tongue in cheek, and I just inserted myself into conversation because it's anonymous
>>
>>683019982
In my case;
Pros: Feel pretty good about life, no longer trying to die.

Cons: diarrhea, drowsiness, can't cum.

good luck, anon.
>>
>>683034375
Yeah, cuz the brain eventually counters the effects by reducing serotonin production and removing it more to bring it back to normal levels.

I've felt depressed for a long time too, but just haven't taken any drugs. I wish there was someone I could trust.
>>
The limpdick doesn't last forever, as your body gets used to the medication.. but killing yourself from untreated depression lasts forever.
>>
>>683035093
"If suffering is not the direct and immediate objective of life then our existence must entirely fail of its aim." -Schopenhauer
>>
>>683034066
Thanks. I wish there was more emphasis on those points in this thread. Some people actually lose their minds just from not sleeping at the right times. And eating right can make your life so much different... Your body has the ability to fix itself if you give it the right tools for the job. And seriously, no matter your weight, go out and walk for at least 20 minutes a day. Not only is it good for your health, but when you zone out walking your brain goes into theta state which is where you're most creative, and can think your way out of whatever rut you're in.
>>
>>683035493
You can trust me anon, I'm a pretty unbiased person and I know nothing about you.
>>
>>683019982
can vyvance help with depression and anxiety? i have and anxiety disorder and whenever i buy this shit illegally and take it fucking helps me. I buy before taking exams at college
>>
>>683035891
only if you take it rectally, you fucking faggot
>>
>>683036054
fuckoff
>>
Dear Niggers,

Life is short and pointless. We are at birth catapulted toward an oblivion more complete and total than we can possibly bring ourselves to imagine. Life consists of suffering and trying to alleviate that suffering through work, labor, and strife. Happiness is a moment before you need more happiness, it doesn't last. But sadness lasts. Pain is the rule, pleasure is simply the absence of pain, and then it turns to boredom.

You're depressed because life is shit and you understand it more acutely than normies.
>>
>>683034778
Try doing other things first. Your brain is going to need time to rebalance after being on zoloft. It may take weeks. Be patient. Just remember that it's not permanent, and to not take your bad thoughts as seriously as you usually would. Go on walks, try not to be alone as much as possible. Social interaction is good for your mind. Talk to a friend, about anything not just this, and go to sleep. Keep yourself distracted as much as possible till you feel yourself coming back down. Get on some netflix and watch some funny shit. Just be as chill as you can be for these next few weeks, and work on eating/sleeping/exercising right and i swear on my life that you'll feel a lot better
>>
>>683035891
I have major issues with anxiety and taking vyvanse makes it exponentially worse.

But everyone's different. It may be worth bringing up to your doctor if you feel it makes that much of a difference in your life.
>>
>>683036426
i was never on Zoloft just prozac
>>
>>683036369
I think you should read this book "The Power of Now"

A very popular book. But it will completely change your way of thinking about happiness and your purpose.
>>
>>683019982

Dude hold up, if u are gonna take an Antidepressant make it be FLUOXETINE, least side effects, easy withdrawal, long half-life in your body etc....
>>
>>683036809
They're both SSRI's
>>
>>683036526
I swear on my mother it really helps me
no panic attacks, no thinking bullshit, no abnormal ideals, no nothing like that
>>
I've been on Zoloft for years. My dick works fine. No headaches. Only thing is you may feel super anxious the next day or two if you drink too much. Other than that I've got no complaints really, it works well for me.
>>
>>683036923
As much as I think self help books are bullshit shilled out for profit, this book actually provides invaluable insight into living a meaningful life not dominated by anxieties and insecurities about the past and future
>>
>>683037071
Maybe talk to your doctor about it
>>
>>683022324
Yep
>>
>>683036809
>>683037070
Basically the same thing. Not exactly the same but similar enough
>>
>>683034778
Panic Disorder here. Yes. See a psychiatrist. Be proactive in seeking help. I'm guessing your in your mid 20s. It gets better around age 30. The best way to approach this is to try to string together a couple anxiety free days at a time. If you're not ready for that strive for a couple hours at a time. Im hoping you've already hit bottom. If not you really won't give it everything you have and won't succeed. As for drugs, I take zoloft, lamictal, and klonopin but I've tried ask types of combinations. If I had it all to do over again I would not take the ssri and used benzos to string together a few anxiety few days/weeks and then start removing the drugs. Anxiety for me was a learned habit I had to break like an addiction.
>>
Zoloft and prozac fucked me up. I now have tremors and physical tourettes as well as chronic migraines. I cured my depression myself. And I fidnt even get a fucking settlement. Dont take SSRIs
>>
>>683037525
Similiar but prozac is by far the best ssri
>>
>>683020727
Any sauce on that claim? Didn't think so....
>>
I take this one right now. When you first start (the first 3 weeks) you'll feel some drowsiness initially, and it will go away. Be sure to drink plenty of coffee. Good luck! ;)
>>
>>683037070
Thank you dude. But it has been a month after I took prozac. The next month was fine, but it keep coming back. I was getting help from my best friend, and suddenly everything got worse, I told him I wish I never meet him, and we went on to keep fighting. He got tired of me. From there I been feeling helpless my friend was actually helping me, but I push him to far. This lead me to have severe anxiety every time I felt the need to talk to him. I dont talk to him anymore. He still cares about me, but I cant talk to him anymore without the need of fighting
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.