[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
...is this true?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 17
File: 1457408954865.png (580 KB, 601x748) Image search: [Google]
1457408954865.png
580 KB, 601x748
...is this true?
>>
>>681807223
no
>>
>chloe will never handle your junk like it's some change and she's trying to make a point
>>
>>681807223
not at all

didnt you americunts sign an equal pay act in the late 60s, anyway?

literally paying a woman less would be illegal, dipshit.
>>
>>681807223
No, it's about 2 cents less for you yanks. They do earn less but hardly any less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwogDPh-Sow
>>
>>681807223
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>681807223
depends on the context. If you take all the money men make and all the money women make and compare all of that together then yes. But if you take into consideration type of job, hours worked, and other factors it usually narrows down to about 5% difference in most fields.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqyrflOQFc
>>
>>681807223
No, because that compares the average wages of both man and women, regardless of profession. So you have more male doctors and engineers compared against more secretaries and teachers. Gee, i wonder why it seems like men make more. Also, its illegal to pay differently for the same job, and if such a thing happens you can sue the company.
>>
>>681807223
No.
>women are paid less
>men are still hired more
Why the fuck would you hire a guy if you could underpay all your employees?
>>
>>681807223
Sorta.

You see, men get better jobs.
Because we're better at taking risk.

/thread
>>
>>681807223
Then stop posting on twitter and start working like the men do...
>>
>>681807420
What I have written might have not made sense, I meant that for every dollar a man earns, it's about 0.98 dollars for a woman
>>
>>681807420
they dont earn less. Men in the USA take higher paying careers (statistically speaking). Women choose lower paying careers. There is NO wage gap. Only a gap in intelligence
>>
Kind of.

It has been mathematically demonstrated that men on average make more.

The issue is that nobody has really done meaningful measures of how much more often men ask for raises, the fact that men work more dangerous jobs, the fact that men don't get pregnant, and the fact that there are fewer stay at home dads than stay at home moms.

So SJW losers jump to the conclusion that it's automatically another expression of the undeserved privilege of the male patriarchy and redpill homos jump to the conclusion that it's a Hitler sized lie as par for the course of the mass liberal indoctrination campaign.

The real answer is that the math suggests it but nobody really knows until they do more accurate measurements. The reason I don't buy it is because, if that were true, you'd have companies hiring nothing but women under the guise of social justice when (really) they can just pay them a fraction of a wage - saving literally millions.

Also, just a note, it's the opposite in the sex industry.

inb4 butthurt virgins who don't know how to talk to girls flood this thread with redpill bullshit.
>>
>>681807516
I try to explain this to people and they just can't wrap their head around it for some reason.
>>
>>681807444
trips speak truth. women tend to gravitate to lower paying jobs (social work type jobs) and men tend to gravitate towards higher paying (STEM)...
>>
>>681807599
Watch the video mate
>>
>>681807640
"gap in intelligence"
>>
File: 1401076355837.jpg (119 KB, 960x641) Image search: [Google]
1401076355837.jpg
119 KB, 960x641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

This kind of fits all of the stupid bullshit lies into one short video.
The main point is, if you could pay somebody less for the same job, then companies would.
>>
>>681807223
>men do better work = better paying jobs
>men work longer hours = more pay
>>
>>681807658
just because you found a youtube video on the internet doesnt mean its true... mate
>>
>>681807223
Fucking bitch makes more in a year than Id make in 10.
>>
>>681807609
>inb4 butthurt virgins who don't know how to talk to girls flood this thread with redpill bullshit.
Do you have some kind of problem when women get criticized?
Why do you put pussy on a pedestal?
>>
>>681807609
>It has been mathematically demonstrated that men on average make more.

Yes, but that includes other fields of jobs as well, including hard labor work which barely has any women even.

However, the median is exactly the same when it comes to jobs and positions that are equal.
>>
>>681807744
So deep in the friendzone he'd do anything for a crack at some puss.
>>
>Another millionaire celebrity banging on about equality
>>
File: images__11_.jpg (9 KB, 220x146) Image search: [Google]
images__11_.jpg
9 KB, 220x146
>>681807223
>>
>>681807871

I have no idea how you concluded:

>Do you have some kind of problem when women get criticized?
>Why do you put pussy on a pedestal?

From anything I said in my post.

Sounds like the butthurt virgin stuff I was talking about.
>>
File: 1456031182956.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456031182956.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
lol so if I start a company, I'm going to hire nothing but chicks. they're like legal mexicans.
>>
>Is this true?
I hope it is. If women like this are going to bitch about something that isn't true, they don't deserve to be respected.
>>
>>681807744
You don't make more money for being smarter than somebody else.
>>
>>681807744
Maddox is the shit.
>>
No, It fails to account for several things. Not saying that there isn't some bullshit but 1) The $0.78 fails to account for the disproportionate number of men in the STEM fields which tend to be higher paying and 2) Men are statistically more likely to work overtime which makes it's way into the final calculation. There are other issues but those two things drive a fair amount of the gender wage gap which is more an education and effort gap.
>>
>>681807744

I'm glad somebody posted this.
>>
File: 1444844325501.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1444844325501.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>681807978
>>
File: 1461802433303.jpg (294 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461802433303.jpg
294 KB, 900x900
>>681808011
Because you equate "redpill bullshit" with just basic criticism of women, their behavior and the practices that let them spout bullshit like "the wage gap exists".
>>
>>681807827
Gee thanks for that one! I never knew that!

It can't possibly be true if it's on the internet, everything on the internet is made to deceive you
>>
File: 1461534474757.jpg (53 KB, 480x619) Image search: [Google]
1461534474757.jpg
53 KB, 480x619
>>
>>681807899
thank you
>>
Let's analyze the wage gap, a key corporate feminist issue.

It actually exists. It's retarded to debate it. It's just it doesn't exist at every level of a corporation or company.

Actually if you're paid hourly you probably get the same standard rate as your co-workers. The issue is when you jump to salaries or work in an industry where every job is negotiated. Chloe Moretz may get less money for a movie because she's a shit actress that rolls w/ the big boys sometimes.

I would say a woman is less likely to successfully negotiate their salary to a higher level than a guy for a number of different reasons, some of which are power structures and other shit but the bottom line is it's real. But why is it the biggest issue of the corporate feminist? Easy. If you legislate a mandate for equal pay like this, you're essentially mandating an end to negotiated wages. It would let a corporation standardize their rates for every position all the way up to the board of directors, which is a huge win for even the women at the top since it lets them ultimately pay their employees less, take a moral high ground while they do it, and pay themselves more.

I ran into it once I got out of hourly rates at my job. Hourly jobs were set at a given level based on what you could do or what position you worked. If you'd been there a few years and could do every hourly job you had the top rate and if you were still in your introductory period you were at the bottom. Makes sense, but every position after that was negotiated salaries. It was up to you to convince the company what you were worth. I think many companies would love to do away with that tradition and it would be much easier to do without risk of unionization of skilled labor if they were 'forced' by legislation intended to close wage gaps.

HOPE THIS HELPS
>>
>>681808021
I always thought the same thing, if women are factually paid less for the same jobs men do, why not hire only women and rake in the profit? Or, instead of maximizing profit, use your cheap labor to drive down prices and put your competitors out of business.

Too bad that kind of wage gap exists only in their minds.
>>
>>681808096
YES
>>
>>681808131
cuck
>>
>>681808213
/thread
>>
>>681807744
I can't wait for trump, hopefully he'll end up being as crazy as the media portrayed him and will declare open season on the regressive left. "Take no prisoners, make the streets run red, make America great"

Too bad he's nothing like that
>>
>>681808267
>tl;dr
>>
chloe mortez makes millions more dollars than me. let's squad the wage gap.
#equalpayday
>>
In Colombia men average $4 and women average $3 a day in pay.

That's a 25% wage gap yet no one's bitching about that.
>>
>>681807744
What university is this?
>>
>>681808375
First time I've ever been /threaded. Thanks mate.
>>
File: 1386436571326.jpg (22 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
1386436571326.jpg
22 KB, 298x292
>>681807223
No

a more accurate saying would be

>For every dollar a man makes a woman takes #78cents
>>
>>681807223
Not entirely, it's true in some of the bible belt, but in major cities along the coast and more liberal areas they tend to make 90%+ than men make
>>
>>681808398
Unfortunately the polls show him getting shrekt by shillary/killary in the general
>>
>>681807223
Yes, but mainly because of different choices women make while looking for jobs. They will accept lower pay in order to have a shorter commute, less occupational risk, more benefits, etc, while men are more likely to choose the money. If you control for all the factors you can you end up with a 4¢ gap unexplained, but that's still leaving some aspects of job history unaccounted for IIRC.
TL;DR they get paid basically the same for equal work, might be a small gap due to discrimination, might not
>>
>>681807420
that 2 cents however is not the company actively attempting to pay the women less. Men are just more likely to try getting a better contract when they start working than women
>>
>>681808436
Take your ritalin kiddo
>>
>>681807223
That study took the wage gap to mean the gross average difference in hourly pay for all male and female workers. So yes their figure is correct, but it's also useless. It shouldn't be surprising that there is such a big difference when you don't control for different jobs and education levels.

We can basically decompose the real wage gap into two parts: the "explained" part that measures differences in characteristics, and the "unexplained" part that measures differences in returns to characteristics. The "explained" wage gap isn't a problem - of course people with more schooling, experience, human capital/etc make more than their counterparts. The "unexplained" portion is what most economists are trying to figure out - this portion can be due to employor discrimination or other ommitted variables that we aren't controlling for in our wage analysis.

As far as I know (off the top of my head), the "unexplained" portion of the wage gap only makes up about 10% of the observed wage gap. I think the actual figure is something like: women make 92 cents for every male dollar. This is itself still an interesting number, but because discrimination cannot be directly measured, we cannot say that this observed difference isn't simply part of some measurement error.

A relatively new field of study is looking at premarket discrimination. That is, discrimination based on the initial distribution of characteristics between groups. Things like access to literature from an early age, amount of sleep you receive as a child, childhood nutrition levels, parental income, and parental education can act as drivers of some of that "unexplained" wage gap. This area of study typically does a better job explaining the wage gap between black/white than it does men/women, but controlling for these measurements can still help to reduce some of the noise we are in our regression.

Of course you'll need to do your own research into the topic, I'm far from an expert.
>>
>>681808502
for every dollar a woman earns she actually deserved only #78cents
>>
>>681808213
>If it has charts it must be true
>>
>>681808500
Sure thing, I saved it for feminist trigglypuff tears later on
>>
It's strange that feminazis have can't name a single company that physically pays women less than men.
I can think of quite a few that pay women more than men, however.
>>
File: DSC_0046.jpg (892 KB, 925x1488) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0046.jpg
892 KB, 925x1488
The biggest tragedy here being CGM into more a feminazi with each passing day.

I'm out..
>>
Women and minorities are given first preference for jobs through affirmative action.

Maybe bitches just need to walk taller and niggers need to speak clearer?
>>
>>681807223
Feminist =/= Feminazi
Today's young girls are mainly feminazis.
The feminazi agenda is to destroy men in every possible situation.
>>
>>681808578
> expecting me to read full paragraphs on my phone

Kill yourself
>>
>>681808631
>i fail to do my own research even without sources provided. so i argument against it with arguments that are also not backed properly but fit better into my world view
>>
>>681807223
pretty fuck up that they just get money from doing noting
i mean it was the man who worked
and gets around 60%of what he shod have
the rest just go to random women
and now they want more??
>>
>>681808740

Young girls are NOT feminist or femanazi's.

Only mainly 20s something broads are.
>>
>>681807223

There SHOULD be a wage gap but there isn't.

Those who work equal HOURS make the same money. In younger workers there is even a bias towards women (that being AGAINST men) by something like 6-10%.

This is likely bait but if it isn't you should kill yourself.
>>
>>681808741
You're telling people to commit suicide because reading is hard. This is 2016 and you're participating in a text based conversation. Nobody is gonna feel sorry for you. If you're squinting I recommend glasses or contacts, retard. Tell your parents you're fucking blind.
>>
Whenever I see a feminist post on tumblr or Facebok, I usually reply with:
> that's not feminism you idiot, you're just being a feminazi
>>
>>681807223
I had to write a paper in college about how to fix this issue and through all my research what I found every time was that women often had jobs that paid less by choice an example is a nurse. When applying for the medical field women almost always chose to apply for a position as a nurse where men almost always chose doctor. Doctors do more intense work while nurses basically clean up so doctors get paid more.
>>
File: CancerToDAMAXXXXXXX.png (187 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
CancerToDAMAXXXXXXX.png
187 KB, 407x405
>>681808372
>cuck
>hes talking about the youtube video not the picture
Autism at its finest
>>
>>681808766
Yeah that's my point I was making, you've had me a treat there
>>
>>681808542
Not the polls I've been seeing. They usually account for everyone voting against trump in the primary to be a hillary voter, but trump is actually a lot more liked by moderates voting sanders/cruz than hillary. Also trump being supported by Bruce jenner will probably convince some lgbts over.

Keep reminding people that his policies are identical to teddy roosevelt's and teddy invented progressivism (leave out That old school progressives were just trying to take money out of gov and not cuck the world like the ones alive today)

I got 4 people to switch their vote over that argument yesterday alone. They want to feel like they're bs ideaology is going to win.
>>
>>681808593
This.
Btw the unexplained gap was about 4¢ according to the consad report IIRC
>>
>>681808741
On my phone, read everything in this thread.

You, sir, are a whiny faggot.
>>
>>681808170

Your complete overreaction and inability to meaningfully engage my claims just further demonstrates my point.

My original message about the wage gap is that there's math illustrating a gap exists, but it doesn't control for variables (like job titles and types of work) so it's basically useless and nobody really knows.

And yes, I said that there would be redpill bullshit losers flooding this thread who cannot handle the conversation like adults, at which point you flew off the handle and made a bunch of strawman arguments.

Again, thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>681807223
No. Huffington post (the most pro female, left wing news in existence) did a study and found it's two cents difference, and that's because men do more dangerous work.
>>
>>681809000
quads don't lie
>>
>>681808871
Kek this butthurt newfag

Facebook is ---> thataway kiddo
>>
File: triple bra.jpg (49 KB, 599x582) Image search: [Google]
triple bra.jpg
49 KB, 599x582
>>681807223

No.

Companies do everything to increase their margin. They even relocate their production to china.

What do you think companies would do if this was true? That's right, hire only women.

That's what I would do. If I can put 20 to 25% of their salaries in my poket I will.
>>
>>681808840
wow. you are naive. ever since gamergate, feminsts have gained control of the media and are poisoning the minds of every american girl. furthermore, teen pregnancy is on the rise. 20 year old cunts usually have 1-3 kids and ate too stupid to educate their children
>>
>>681809125

>quads
>3 numbers
>>
i forget who said this publicly, but it was a joke about how if women could be hired for "cents on the dollar" compared to men, what kind of fucking retard would continue hiring men. you would ONLY hire women, cause they cost less.
point being that the "pay gap" is natural, as women do different kinds of work and shit out babies; not some penis conspiracy.
>>
Kek
>>
>>681807223
Yes, women are lazy and don't make as much.
>>
Liberalism is nothing but the powers that be using the weak to chip away at the strong. Liberals are tools, force-fed bullshit information, too lazy/stupid/scared to verify it themselves.

I honestly think liberalism is a mental disorder, and pharma is the primary driver behind its rise.

All of these fucking hollow prozac zombies primed for toolage.
>>
>>681807223
Considering women have it easier in almost every other aspect of life, a small wage gap is actually sensible.
>>
>>681809169

Minority population is on the rise as well. Maybe that explains the heightened pregnancy population amongst teens.
>>
File: 1406833385671.jpg (14 KB, 210x194) Image search: [Google]
1406833385671.jpg
14 KB, 210x194
>>681809111
>nice trips, checked
That's why I call it Fluffington post.

Do you have a link to that article? I'd like to save it for future use, as I am the Maddox video.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>681808908
underrated post
>>
>>681808173
I smell the butthurt.
>>
It's true in the vaguest and most unproblematic way. That's the *wealth* gap between men and women, which ignores occupations, credentials and hours worked. In reality the wage disparity at absolute most would be about 2-3 cents and if found out a company could be sued into the ground. Feminists love throwing these bullshit stats out. Should check out Christina Hoff Summers, been keeping feminists in check since the 80s
>>
>>681809153
oh yeah I'm the newfag
>>
>>681809475
Lol and even an anti-trump pic too. Gets more pathetic by the second
>>
>>681807223
No, it is because women generally choose professions that earn less money, are safer and easier. Men tend to work harder, go to school longer, work longer hours, and perform more dangerous jobs, and they are rightfully paid more because of this. Also, from what i have seen, women should be fucking thankful they make as much as they do, with the amount that they actually contribute.
>>
>>681809475
It's completely obvious you came from Facebook and now wanna be a /b/ edgelord. Gtfo
>>
>>681809475

My thoughts exactly. I think you're triggering this twat.
>>
>>681809326
Google is your friend.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/wage-gap_b_2073804.html
>>
File: idiot.jpg (175 KB, 481x720) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
175 KB, 481x720
> trying to understand women logic
kek
>>
File: 1461100974586.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461100974586.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>681807223
no, majority of women choose to work easy jobs such as kindergarten teacher, which happens to be a minimal wage job. men choose to work more physically demanding jobs, such as crab fishermen or oil rig workers, those happen to be much higer paid jobs.
women make less money compared to men because they choose to.
what we see in OP's picture is 'please donate. i am mentally challenged'
>>
>>681807223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM
>>
>>681807420
Presented by a man, so dismissed as "mansplaining."
>>
>>681807223
Yes and no. It's a deliberate misstatement of the facts originally designed to attract the female vote, now frequently quoted as truth.
Women as a whole earn less over the course of their lives as opposed to men but they are not being deliberately short changed on their paychecks in the vast majority of situations.
Women who make similar economic and life choices to single career men actually do better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EK6Y1X_xa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_pQ7KXv0o0
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.