[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anon, how's your life ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 27
File: tumblr_namzzwl8zV1s9eiquo1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_namzzwl8zV1s9eiquo1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x273
anon,
how's your life ?
>>
>>681638691
Makes me wanna kill myself
>>
>>681638691

let's just say that dude is life and I'm the girl
>>
>>681638691
I had a shit earlier. It looked like Deadpool's face if he was a nigger. WTF caused it?
>>
File: 1461763773752.jpg (42 KB, 720x743) Image search: [Google]
1461763773752.jpg
42 KB, 720x743
Shit same as u OP
>>681638756
Ain't clicking that shit nigga
>>
Im a lonely drug fuelled loser
Girls throw themselves at me but i dont actually enjoy doing anything with them
I'm in love with my best friend who doesnt love me back, she doesnt love anyone, im worried one day she will actually find someone. She wants to get a place together. We do everything together and shes been very touchy in the past, she even begged me to fuck her when she was drunk once. She still maintains that there is nothing between us, and never will be. I have to lie about a lot of things, including drug use to her, because i fear she'll lose any respect she has left for me. I dont like a lot of my other friends. I know its not as bad as some people, but i feel pretty shit about life still.
>>
Got some stuff going on. Pretteh good, not too remarkable. Just living it
>>
>>681638691
Wtf is up with her nipple??
>>
Add me on snapchat hhkknn
>>
>>681638691
Its ok, got a apartment, job and car.
some friends. maybe a bit lonley, thinking about get a cat.
>>
>>681638691

It's ok. Counting down the years until death. Not much left to look forward to, honestly. Alcohol. Weed. Crusing /b/.
>>
>>681639441
looks like hair?
>>
finally planning to skip the country which is pretty cool. it'll mean i'll have to lose a lot of money, leave everything behind, and break up with my gf, but it's a shit feeling i'm willing to deal with for a fresh shot at life.
>>
>>681639349
Whiny bitch.
>>
Not bad, just finished my masters.

Need to make more money now...
>>
im staying in a nordic country for a while and i see 8+ girls everywhere but cant talk to them. life is hell.
>>
>>681639716
Kike.
>>
It's okay. It would have been even better if I didn't waste my time when I'm supposed to study. So thanks for posting this and making me reply, faggot.
>>
File: xqqtxTX.jpg (63 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
xqqtxTX.jpg
63 KB, 660x495
Life is going pretty great to be honest

making gains, got my dream job, going on a date with a good looking cougar tomorrow.

My biggest consern right now is that I am gonna bust too early when I go balls deep in her.
>>
>>681639349

i feel you bro...keep your head up
>>
File: bE65jZH.jpg (69 KB, 509x300) Image search: [Google]
bE65jZH.jpg
69 KB, 509x300
>>681639907
>going on a date with a good looking cougar
>>
Everything is going better than ever. Just started an internship while in my master and my supervisors are really satisfied with me, saying i could already do a PhD while I'm still in my first year (not even kidding).
I now have a really awesome gf. we are together for 3 months now. I never had a gf before. I'm 22. The communication is really good and I feel like that's the key to a long lasting relationship.

I finally feel that a have some value.
>>
life is stupid and i want to die
>>
Pretty ok. I've been on sick leave for 8 months and don't see myself ever going back to the work force. Been using my time programming and playing games. Have a gf of 5 years, most likely going to marry her. Life is pretty ok, financially we're lower middle class, but can't do shit about that at the moment. Probably going to start a company some time in future. Every time I feel like life is shit, I just remind myself that my life is richer and better than what kings had 100 years ago.
>>
>>681640145
Made an account on a dating site some weeks ago. Saw her profile and thought ''I want a piece of that'' So I messaged her. We went on one date and hit it off. She invited me to her appartement tomorrow.
>>
File: 1428712727340.jpg (70 KB, 960x871) Image search: [Google]
1428712727340.jpg
70 KB, 960x871
going alright, but i have my bad moments especially when talking to women and trying to have a serious relationship. my only solution now is justtrying to go with the flow i guess. hope everyone else's lives get better
>>
>>681640210
don't worry anon, it'll end soon enough. you'll find out they merely have something to gain from you or are just lying to make you feel better, and your gf should either cheat on you soon or become a bitch by year 1. worry not, you're not going to become a normie just yet.
>>
>>681638691
This year has been pretty hard so far..
>>
Been seeing a girl I've known since we were kids. Always been a flirting with eachother and fucked several times. But it was not until recently we started dating, now that its getting serious im getting scared and I told her I didnt want a relationship, that was last week.

I then went to a party last weekend and fucked this 8/10 redhead chick and I cant stop thinking about her beautiful tan body as I fucked her doggystyle.

Now the first chick is sending me texts saying she misses me and stuff but idc rly. Cant get my mind off the redhead. Added her on facebook today and talked with her for abit.

Also have this side chick if everything else falls apart.

I would say life is pretty good atm. Pussy is the best cure for depressions atleast.
>>
>>681641000
I don't care if they have something to gain from me, I just want good grades and a nice second internship.
I could not fathom my gf cheating, she is an honest, direct girl. If she wanted to stop, she would say so before going with someone else.
At least, that's what I think...
>>
>>681638691
Life is good, I'm not a whiny cunt like 90% of the posters here.

>work hard
>been married
>been divorced
>fucked plenty random
>no diseases or illness
>2016 car
>bedroom window overlooking ocean inlet
>white

I've been down some roads, still no complaints about the tough times, instead of acting like a bitch, get your shit together.

Pro tip: it's your fault if unhappy, you're just lazy if being poor or single is a problem.

-get priorities in check
-make sacrifices
(I slept in a shed first year college, upgraded to junk car 2nd year)
-don't try socializing or buying shit you can't afford until you got your shit straight.

Did I mention don't be a little bitch?
>>
>>681641664
You sound like a whiny bitch though.

I suppose I should be inspired that even a cunt like you can drive a 2016 car. Man that IS impressive.
>>
>>681638691
it's alright. i wanna move out o california though
my girls good, is up for swinging now and then
dog is happy.
my credit score went up this month to 720
listening to a new audio book series, it's aight
buying my first gun soon. excited about that
thanks for asking man
>>
>>681638691

I'm graduating with a bachelor's in mechanical engineering and a minor in german language this Saturday.

I have no job lined up, nothing is really turning out and I have an insane amount of student debt to pay off.

I'll eventually get a job and pay off my debt, I just feel sad that it's all ending. Feel like I'll never be this free again, like the best years of my life are over.
>>
>>681639349
Confusing how you try to throw in an alpha comment like "girls throw themselves at me" but the whole post is beta as a fucking trap thread
>>
File: chill.jpg (28 KB, 339x403) Image search: [Google]
chill.jpg
28 KB, 339x403
I've been going through a roughpatch... A bit of a long one. 3 years actually.
>>
>>681641910
Sure, seems legit, looks like a jealous little fag got hit close to home..

Only losers shit post, too late to argue, you proved the point already: good luck being a whiny bitch.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x318
>>681641910
Found the bitch
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>681641910
Ahahahahahaha
>>
>>681642007
Buck up dude, find your balls, buck up
>>
>I can barely deal with my depression and anxiety anymore
>gets hospitalized
>meet my boyfriend
>he's the only reason I live
>everything is so great in my life, he supports me
>he acts so cold and wouldn't display affection at all
>I tell him this, he replies with "go find somebody else"
>he gets violent to the point that I wore long clothes in the summer
>still love him
>he decides to leave me out of nowhere when I fell for him so hard
>falls into depression again
>I think of suicide everyday.
>>
>>681641910
>calls a cunt
>is jealous as fuck
>>
>>681638994
Did you let Ryan Reynolds cum in your mouth again? You gotta spit that shit, man.
>>
>>681642680
Is this a whiny bitch thread?

Man up, get off 4chan and do something meaningful
>>
>>681638691
Pretty shitty. Lost my job, can't get another for a while, don't qualify for unemployment, have $25 to my name, 6k in debt. And to top it all off, I'm failing as a drug dealer.
>>
Not great but not awful?

I'm drunk at 8am, somebody send some music my way.
>>
File: 10-10.png (77 KB, 606x258) Image search: [Google]
10-10.png
77 KB, 606x258
>>681638691
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1437x1404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1437x1404
>>681641311
Her ass looks like this pic
>>
virgin (kinda) and it sucks. Not ugly, far from it, but don't know why I can't date anyone. All the pretty girls that I'm seeing every week don't seem to be interested in me (even if i made myself clear sometimes that i wanted to date them). Tried tinder, went on a date with a smart girl. She never came back to me. DAMN
>>
File: DSC09124776.jpg (407 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
DSC09124776.jpg
407 KB, 1200x1600
>>681640210
>>681641000

i support triple's fears.
ive been there, seen that and can teel you dont you ever be as stupid enough to believe shit will last.
i'm 25, next year graduating master. gf of 5 years left me like 10 weeks ago. so maybe im not the best one to listen to...
theres a girl i really like...i messed it up with her before i met my ex..she never left my mind the entire relationship tbh
went partying with her 5 weeks ago, had a really nice talk with her even thogh we went to a club, she always stuck at me so technically total win. just to soon or im too big of a pussy but i didnt take the chance. too messed up with other shit, working so i didnt call or msg her ever since then. another chance given away.
>i should take my time
or
>i should stop wasting any more fucking time
>>
Kind of bummed out because I ran out of adderall. Kind of happy that I'm going to drop acid tomorrow. My girlfriend has been super focused on getting in shape, which is nice but she becoming a bit obsessed about it and putting everything else on the back burner. Confronted her about it, she's scared that I'm gonna break up with her. I'm not, just want her to pay attention to things other than counting calories and working out. Life is pretty meh, hopefully it gets better.
>>
Married to second wife, 1 kid with the first, loads of child support. New kid with current wife along with a step child. Pretty much lost control of my life. Every decision is already decided.

Advice, marry a nurse or someone who makes at least a comparable living to what you make. Being the sole breadwinner and still not making enough to live comfortably will make you a hollow shell.
>>
File: Untitled.png (480 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
480 KB, 1920x1080
>>681639441

she has nose nipples
>>
>>681638941
this guy, kekd so hard from how real it is
>>
im browsing /b/ at 4pm on a thursday, so my life is either great or terrible depending on how you look at it.
>>
>>681640750
Becarful anon which website dont you have to pay and rnt they scams?
>>
>>681643014
There's your problem, you where in a relationship and still think of some other girl. I don't have that. Or was that not the reason for breaking up?
>>
>>681638691
my (ex)gf just broke up with me last week (lasted ~3y). said she never loved me and didnt feel supported enough and that i dragged her down.
so yea, im feeling pretty shitty
>>
Work as a janitor making $25/h full time
Brother passed away earlier this month
Wierd guilt relief depression going on because he was sick for a long time [heart condition]
At his funeral a long time friend tells me she has feels for me, i have feels for her
Awkward situation because where/when we told eachother
Also she has a bf already and a 3yo daughter [not his]
Am currently her side dick just because they live together
>>
>>681642847
>I'm failing as a drug dealer.
Well obviously if you only have $25 to your name and 6k of debt.

But hey, I'm 45k in debt so it could be worse.

Fuck college.
>>
Had my 21st last week, Dillon Francis same day, and..I'm a horse rider, and got hired by an olympic medalist today. So life is going pretty amazing.
>>
>>681638691
My girl of 8 years won't let me fuck other girls

So my life sucks basically
>>
>>681644682

Yeah they get real possessive before puberty.
>>
File: NzB4KF.gif (10 KB, 508x408) Image search: [Google]
NzB4KF.gif
10 KB, 508x408
Its going goodish. Graduated uni a year ago, got a job in my field 3 months after, been working there since. I just dont feel that i have a purpose now. In uni, i was working towards the goal of graduating, now i have no idea what im doing. Thinking about trying to go comissioned in the military, but im worried about washing out. So until i make up my mind, im just gonna keep on keeping on
>>
>>681645000
>23 year old about to go into puberty
>>
>>681643544

nope she left me.
dont get me wrong, we had a nice time and the point is i always loved her...still cheated on her once, that was about 4 years ago. regreted it pretty bad, and she forgave me. who the fuck would forgive smth like that

point is, in the last half year she started to go away...i felt it. i tried talking about it. she always said ints nothing wrong. never wanted to talk about it. fridays shes at my place (no we ddidnt live together), we go in a restaurant, she stays overnight. saturday we go shopping, shes a bit frustrated from work but its ok. she stays overnight and we fuck on sunday morning.
monday she came over and broke up with me. she needs space. she calls me again. no matter what
>she did not
that was 10 weeks ago.

present time
>i turned 25 on tuesday.
>she texts me on whatsapp
>hello anon
>i wish you a happy birthday
>i hope you got a nice day
>greets, anonine

the fuck is that shit. if you dont care to call me again or even ask how i am fuck i can handle that. i can take it bitch but the fuck do you think you are with this fucking dencency text.

pussycandyassy as anon is, he said thanks for thinking of him.
and she goes like
>of course i do

enough is enough folks
>>
>>681645001
Do you have a hobby? If so, expand it
>>
>>681645257
Yeah I do, im trying to finish my books, but my job is like 60+ hours a week some weeks so it is hard to find time. I need to stop being a bitch and just make the time to finish them and get them published. I also want to start a media business, but ive got shit for capital.
>>
>>681645170

so she was 15 when you found her on omegle?
>>
>>681645475
Yup
>>
>>681638691
pretty shitty at the moment, the good thing when you nearly lost everything, its bound to get better
>>
>>681645443
You're working 12h shifts? You may want to slow down a little when you're going to do anything with books. The thing with capital is that, it doesn't need to be only yours. You can get investors but that's hard as fuck, but not impossible. Maybe try stock market? It may multiply or divide your capital, but since you've got jack shit you may always try, not like you're gonna lose anything. Or will you?
>>
>>681645210
That sounds so fucking sad. I think I would call her if she didn't call me. If I stood in your shoes I couldn't live on without knowing why.
>>
>>681642007
Fag, you do engineering, you will find employers sucking your balls and licking your butt.
>>
File: 3 washing machines 1 car.gif (2 MB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
3 washing machines 1 car.gif
2 MB, 250x238
>>681638691
i have no reason to live
i have no reason to die
i'm a hollow
>>
>>681646295
get humanity and collect souls
>>
>>681646106
Eh its not a bad idea to play the market but i only have 4k saved up. (I dont get paid much at my job) and my shifts vary. I start at 8 am and sometimes go to 9 pm depending on the day, and i never get to leave before 5pm, and i work alot of saturdays. Im a salary fag so, thats where i get fucked.
>>
File: penguin.webm (3 MB, 994x560) Image search: [Google]
penguin.webm
3 MB, 994x560
>>681646374
but why?
and how?
>>
>>681638691
I hate my job. And I know I will hate any other job that I might get in the future. Working is a waste of time. We should be doing better things with our lives instead of sitting in fucking cubicles typing shit in computers to make some investors rich, for the sole purpose of getting a salary in order to be able to pay for fucking living in this planet... Aaaaaaaa
>>
File: 1460083835129.jpg (24 KB, 300x319) Image search: [Google]
1460083835129.jpg
24 KB, 300x319
>>681638691
It's alright. Im 35 and Im a carpenter until I can do something better. I make pretty good money doing it so I cant complain too much about how much it sucks, plus for the last few years Ive gotten to take the winters off to study programming so thats nice. I also have a woman who loves me that wants to marry me, but she's upper middle class and Im a fucking carpenter so I see that being an issue even though she says it wont. Idk, I guess it could be worse.
>>
>>681639716
Good goy
>>
>>681646479
Learn the stocks and take 1k if you're confident, it may work out
>>
>>681645170

I was making a joke about the "girlfriend of 8 years thing" m8.
>>
File: image.jpg (644 KB, 993x1135) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
644 KB, 993x1135
>>
>>681639907
Grammar should also concern you, nigger
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1786x1188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1786x1188
>>
>>681647188
Ill look into it. I need to start a passive income anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1125x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1125x1800
>>
>>681638691
Life is that dude and I'm that chick. Might end it tonight mate
>>
>>681639716
Finished masters in science. Cant find a job. Sleep on a mattress, no furniture, almost no friends, world is basically fucked into people who make 20-35k a year and rich fags that got lucky.
Tried to think of ways to kill myself last night.
>>
Tbh, life's good. Im currently single but hanging out with friends and almost graduating Engineering at best technical college in the country. Nailing my school
>>
>>681647564
>has to think of ways to kill himself
No wonder youre a failure
>>
>>681647564
The girl who works at the gas station next to my house has a masters in science too
>>
>>681642007

fag, your life will be a million times better when you have money and can actually do fun things rather than being a poor cunt with heaps of debt.
>>
>>681641652
Holy shit. Please screencap your comments and laugh at how pathetic you were in a couple of years.
Fucking loser. You are like a little dog that gets happy when it's master pets him.
>>
>>681647419
Have fun!
>>
Boring.

Nothing new ever happens, life is mundane and seems pointless; even with social events and people, nothing seems interesting and everything people do feels like they do it to 'show face' to gain social status etc.

Thinking about suicide, not out of depression out of boredom and disdain for current life
>>
>>681640210
Wait until you finish school and realize its all just a hoax to get cheap labour from you. Then when you enter the job market watch as your dreams are crushed and no on gives a fuck about your fancy piece of paper.
>>
>>681640210
>I finally feel that a have some value.
You're 22, its not like you waited forever.
>>
>>681644125
>Fuck college.
im glad I never fell for that scam
>>
>>681646659
to defeat Gyn.
>>
haha. I read this as "how's your wife?" and thought it was another cuck thread.
>>
>>681646230

i guess she feels like shes missing smth
shes younger, so she spent her entire adulthood in a relationship with me. 5 years are a long time if you are 18.
was quite a shock. but got over it most of the time. she lied to me for months, i saw and knew it all along. thought about breaking up myself but couldnt do it...that feels, all the time you spend together. i thought we could make it.

i stopped smoking pot about a year ago. daily user for dunno like 8 years?! never did any other drugs or stuff...just smoked some weed time to time. stopped it at all for her. stopped smoking cigs...dunno maybe 5 months? for her so her clothes wouldnt smell like a pub
well she got new friends at her new workplace.
the bitchy kind of. she always used to be easily influenced by others. maybe thats just what i try to tell myself...
lately im feeling better, starting to find joy in work and the lonely feel isnt that bad anymore. if you are focused on one person so much that you dont give a shit about others, you fall deep if said person goes away.
>>
>>681648045
Whatever makes you feel like less of a piece of shit.
>>
File: 4WRVay8.jpg (40 KB, 460x358) Image search: [Google]
4WRVay8.jpg
40 KB, 460x358
>>681648952

lel funny thing is she wanted a long distance relationship, because going away for studying was the plan for 2 years...
she stayed here, started nurse school at our local hospital.

>win
>not
>>
>>681647014
Jesus was a carpenter
>>
Studying chemistry, lots of good friends, not much sex but hey, can't get it all. Live in Scandinavia so education and living expenses are paid for.

Planning on PhD in theoretical chemistry, a few years as a postdoc and then job at pharmaceutical industry (quite a few big names around here) and make a nice living.
>>
>>681639441
Why do y mention her nipple, now i have her akward nipple on my brain....
>>
>>681647763
>>681647850
Can't I just be happy for now that it's going great? Feels like there are some bitter, jealous people here.
>>
>got hit by a car crossing the street
>tried to finish my semester out but only could pass one class.
>dean of students/design prof tells me i am a terrible student
>gf in school wants open relationship, now she is just sad and hates NY
>overcome with anxiety and depression
>parents run a landscaping business out of their house, dont understand why i cant help them much
>avoid all of my attorney and therapists calls.
>only solace is swimming at where i was doing phys therapy
>i can measure my sadness with how much porn i let myself watch to escape the feeling of dread
>>
Need to speed 21 days in jail. My wife is a real bich, But she have a Nice ass. Life Could be much Worse.
>>
I guess my life is ok.

I married a woman that loves me. She cheats but I don't give a shit really. She's never left me and still sucks my cock. *shrug* I cheat too. I guess we have an open relationship that's not spoken of.

I'm a software developer so I always have work. People always need something built or fixed.

My sons mean the world to me. And yes, they're mine. This world of adult problems doesn't really compare to spending time with them and showing them cool things. They're just little guys you know? Like, happy little dudes. I never thought I'd really be the dad type but every time they yell out "papa" and come to me with open arms. I don't have presents. I don't have candy for them. They just think I'm great and I want to give the world to them.

I work too much and I'm not as good a husband as I could be, I don't keep up with friends, but I'll be damned if I short change those boys.

College isn't a scam, but sucky schools are. Make sure if you go you go somewhere with good teachers and a good curriculum. Pick your classes wisely. It should be hard but it should be hard because you're learning a lot. Not just because it's presented poorly or the teacher doesn't care. Change schools if you have to, drop out, come back, just make it count. That's your time to learn something hard to learn.

You're not going to feel like an adult because your idea of an adult is based on your parents and what you understood about them as a kid, which is impossible. They grew up in a different time in a different context and you don't know shit as a kid. So go ahead. Feel like an adult. Because you are now.

I'm not going to be a great man. But if I just don't give up I'll at least be a man. That I can live with and I'll die content with that.
>>
File: 1435497222508.jpg (26 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1435497222508.jpg
26 KB, 441x411
I'm on a never ending ride of boredom, agony and regret, managed with a regular dose of no fucks given.
>>
>>681650530
What aspects of programming would you recommend learning if you already know the basics and logic?
>>
@ 681638691
Gimme source you fag
>>
>>681639441
"Most captive females, and some men, have a nipple that is partially or completely collapsed to one side. Several hypotheses exist as to why this happens. A nipple is held erect by collagen, which normally hardens in late adolescence.

Scientists from the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) have reported that "the collapsed nipple commonly seen in captive females do not result from a pathogenic condition, but are instead thought to most likely originate from an irreversible structural change in the fin's collagen over time. Possible explanations for this include: (1) alterations in water balance caused by the stresses of captivity dietary changes, (2) lowered blood pressure due to reduced activity patterns, or (3) overheating of the collagen brought on by greater exposure of the fin to the ambient air."[64]"
-
>>
>>681639441
Fake tits
>>
Fucking shitty because I have no money left on my meal plan to buy food and now I've eaten ramen for 4 days straight for every meal.
>>
>>681651203
Eat oatmeal, it fills you up more and its cheap as fuck. Ramen is horrible for you
>>
>>681651294
I have $0.00 in my bank account as well
>>
>>681651373
Find a food bank, most places have at least one around. Or talk to churches, theyll help you find a soup kitchen or something. If all else fails, dumpster dive at grocery stores, they have to thorw out food after so long even if its still good.
>>
Pretty good overall.

Have a hot wife that I still love being around even after 17 years of marriage, I make a lot of money, I have two kids that I genuinely enjoy, and I get to travel to amazing places quite often.

Negatives are that I am getting old, am overweight, have quite a bit of debt, and I don't love my job.

Nobody's life is perfect but mine is WAAAYYY better than I would have ever thought it would be.
>>
>>681643014
>stop wasting any more fucking time
>>
>>681638691
Good! I've stopped arguing with my gf and I've recently gotten a new job. Besides that me and a few buds are developing a game which we'll release on steam. Soon we'll make the 'company' an official registered one
>>
>>681650879
I find creativity matters a lot. That's really the only thing I have in spades over a lot of other developers I know. Most people don't want to come up with their own solutions, they just apply patterns. If you can make a program do something useful or that will solve a problem someone has or save someone some time, you're most of the way there. Because even if you just save time (optimize someone's process), then there's this whole other set of behaviors that become possible because they're not wasting time on whatever they were before.

You'll always feel like you have an amazing amount to learn because that's just the way this field is, there are so many specialists that know arcane details about everything.

Remember computer science will tell you things like how long it takes for an algorithm to complete, and give you hard to imagine ways of solving problems, but the engineering/hacking side of things will show you how to build things that matter to real people. It's like a theorist/practitioner divide.

That's all to say, just make things. Do projects. Read other people's code. Do something start to finish, even if it sucks at first. Then build on top of it or rework it to make it better. But if you don't put it into the hands of users, it's like money that's not spent.
>>
>>681638691
I'm on 4chan - how do you think is my fucking life?!
>>
File: 1461804926318.jpg (48 KB, 580x871) Image search: [Google]
1461804926318.jpg
48 KB, 580x871
>>681638691
studying to become an investment banker, still a plebby student. one day i shall become a homo novus and walk the streets with the patricians. until then im a poor fag
>>
>>681651635
Ive been doing a lot of coding challenges recently to build up my logic skills, and studying algorithms. Im trying to figure out what the normal day to day skills are for a programmer, so I can build them up in myself. Or is it really just writing code?
>>
>>6816452
The last thing you wanna do is appear weak and hurt. She had reasons for leaving and she didn't make them clear as a way to protect you or they were too selfish for her to admit it. There is nothing wrong with asking for answers as long as you keep your temper and act like an adult. Its really not that hard if you can distance yourself from the pain. Read some eckart Tolle and see if you can manage to ask and accept the answer no matter what it is. If you are stil thinking of negotiating then for get it.
>>
>>681651635
*Or is it really just writing code until I get there?
>>
>>681651517
Well I'm in college and I have standards
>>
>>681638691
I have my problems but I'm making the best out of it. I smoke about 3 grams of weed every day and spend my parents money in a foreign country. at least i'm not depressive or suicidal at the moment. took ecstasy 2 days ago and the experience was so good that i'm feeling quite positive generally. i feel liked by my surroundings and that makes me happy at the moment even though i fail at life the whole time and i'm a virgin.
>>
>>681652445
Then you arent hungry enough, quit complaining.
>>
File: Cat Chum.jpg (14 KB, 320x336) Image search: [Google]
Cat Chum.jpg
14 KB, 320x336
>>681642680
Been there, just keep holding on man/girl It'll get better, and if it doesn't then keep holding on.

Thats what i keep telling myself, and its kinda got a bit better.

There are people you can talk to, and id recommend talking to someone.
>>
>>681642847
Hill?
>>
>>681642847
Sell coke, that has no problem selling.
>>
File: Peter in the disco.gif (459 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Peter in the disco.gif
459 KB, 256x192
Not that bad, I am a herpy Japanese teacher, and an English-Spanish translator. I make decent money, and fuck the bitches that I want.
>>
>>681639648
where do you live?
>>
>>681652148
There's a type of job called an "analyst" which takes a situation or a problem people are in, and then turns it into a specification for a software solution. Let's take a school project, a paper you have to write but 5 people have to write it. You could say that a valid solution would be 5 people sitting in a library with pencils and paper. But that would be ignoring how awesome it is to use computers and the internet. So let's say everyone has a laptop and they all work on their section of the document. You can do that in google docs if you want. Then let's say you need to standardize the format of citations, like MLA or APA. And it needs to work offline (something google docs never used to do). And it has to output PDFs because your professor doesn't like anything else. Now you have a list of requirements that the software has to fulfill.

Programmers build the things that are specified. They'll get something that roughly has the structure of "It should take X, Y and Z as input and output A B and C."

Project managers will usually have a whole list of features they have determined would be useful, then they prioritize which ones will be built. For example, they could say that you just need the collaboration to work first. Then they build on top of that.

front end developers will usually only work on the interface. They'll make sure all the interactions that are possible are handled and work with the back end developers so they can get data.

The back end guys make sure the front end guys get all the data they need and handle all the basic interactions with a database, usually things like creating, reading, updating, and deleting. Making sure all the data make sense and you can operate on it in all the ways you need to.

I do all of those things because I've done all those things at one point or another. So for me a typical day to day task can be fixing or building any one of the above mentioned things.
>>
Yup
>>
>>681653617
So once the requirements are laid out, is it something everyone just knows how to implement or is it more of finding ways to implement the requirements? There's so much out there, I cant imagine everyone knows how to do everything.
>>
>>681641311
go with the classic girl. the redhead probably isnt that good if she fucks ranfdom dudes
>>
/b/tards, wanna make money? Set up your own software business and see the money rolling into your bank account. Or work for a boss and be treated like a slave for the rest of your life. If that's the case, why bother living?
>>
>>681655434
Sounds easy, tell em how they can do it Bob
Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.