[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best major? CIS, Finance, or Accounting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
What is the best major?

CIS, Finance, or Accounting.
>>
enjoy your life as a corporate slave
>>
>>681579572
Gender Studies
>>
Nothing university is a scam its fucking worthless
>>
>>681579883
HE!1!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!11 KEK!! KEK!! KEK!!

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh xDXDXDXDXDDDDDXXXXXXDDDDDD OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOLLLLL FUCKIN HOLY SHITTTT I CANT JUST STOP LAUGHING CAUSE HE HE HE HE HE JUST TO FUNNY MAN!!!1!11!

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY SHIT i just fall of chair!!!! simply le epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xP upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you! tips fedora, le any1 athiest? LOL

GOOD MEME

SORRY I MEAN

GREAT MEME

GR88888 FUCKING MEME BRO I WISH I COULD STOP LAUGHING BUT I CANT MAN!!!!

NICE MEME IMMA REPOST TO REDDIT LELELELELE TY FOR LE KARMA XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XD

LE UPBOAT

XD

WAIT TIL LE DERPINA HEARS ABOUT THIS

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

EPIC MEMEING /b/ro BAZINGA BAZINGA BAZINGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ZIMBABWE is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but then i took an arrow 2 da knee :^( BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise. fucking epic ass meme i love that fucking meme so much man wait let me just gets crack pipe out smoke some of that good 420 shit :) rips a bong AHHHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M E
>>
>>681579987
>gender studies SJW detected
>>
>>681580194
>KEK GENDER STUDIES SO ORIGINAL
>>
Finance
>>
>>681580306
>im butthurt that I got a worthless degree and up to my eyeballs in debt
>>
>>681580437
>i'm so original I repeat the same thing over and oveR

gender studies LELLLL GREAT MEME BRO
\

LOLLLLOLOLOL
>>
>>681579572
Finance at the MBA level
>>
>>681580644
Did my M.A. in Mathematics

do your MBA in Finance if you're too retarded to do real math
>>
>>681579682
And what are you doing with your life then?
>>
>>681579572
it depends what you want to do man.

Finance you can either work on wall street, or be a financial planner
Accountants generally go into either corporate accounting or get their cpa
CIS, im assuming is Computer Information systems, aka soft Information technology aka instead of programming all day you deal with data bases and raw data more.
>>
>>681579572
>Non meme answer incoming.

Finance and Accounting are great majors, but too many people major in them meaning that the chance of getting a job with either of those degrees is very slim unless you've got a really good record in regards to work experience and internships.

CIS would honestly be your best bet, as it is a good major with a lot of flexibility in terms of employment opportunities, and doesn't have as many people majoring in said field. A general rule of thumb is that mainly any CIS or Computer Science degree will usually be a good choice.
>>
>>681580862
Freelance
I work at home, take work when I want and can live anywhere in the world
>>
>>681579572
I got a B.S. in CIS graduated 2006. Found job within 3 months in education management CIS. Make $60k/year today, nice house, car. It's nice work and pay but the hours are insanely long and i wonder if i should've done something else with my life when i'm spending more time at work than home it seems.

from your options, if i could go back i'd choose finance
>>
Actuarial science is what the elite do. The rest do math and finance or worse.
>>
>>681580558
>1000s of reposted content on /b/
>picks gender studies as his post to take a stand for.

100% confirmed women/gender studies major.
And no, its not just a "meme" its valuable information to prevent retards from picking this dumbshit waste of money garbage major.
>>
>>681579572
Biochemistry
>>
Anthropology
>>
Mathematics. Everything else is a waste of money
>>
>>681581199
I'm pointing out how dumb and unoriginal you are. I don't give a shit about the particular degree. I think we have the logical ability of a Trump voter here.
>>
>>681581131
what type of freelance?
>>
Do what you love.
>>
>>681579682
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>681581388
I'm an assassin
>>
File: 1461807265942.jpg (30 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1461807265942.jpg
30 KB, 472x472
>>681579572
dubs
>>
>>681581550
Fresh pasta
>>
>>681581604
rolling
>>
>>681579572
It really doesn't matter, especially after a few years
>>
>>681581370
ohhh ok, so you aren't a gender studies major, you're just a dumb cunt SJW.

You obviously do care since you defended it so heavily and typed in all caps because those 2 words you saw on your screen made you so upset.
>>
>>681579572
Accounting. If you want to have fun in life, WOO
>>
>>681581370
God, I do hope trump becomes president so I can jack off thinking about how upset you'll be
>>
>>681581775
yeah i hear tax season is a blast for you guys
>>
>>681580752
See who earns more
>>
4535bn46,7777775b4v3e4ege
>>
>>681579572

Can't speak much about CIS, but you can do really well in a wide range of areas with a finance degree.

Worst case, you don't like the work and you walk away knowing how to handle your own money damn well.

Source: I'm a personal financial planner/portfolio manager for high net worth individuals. 26 y/o.
>>
>>681581131
>Freelance
>Unemployed
>>
File: Perdu-dans-le-desert-B.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
Perdu-dans-le-desert-B.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1810
Grubert is best major.
>>
Engineering if you want to eat while having a job that's not horrible.
>>
where my math niggas at
>>
File: 1436348192823.png (542 KB, 811x710) Image search: [Google]
1436348192823.png
542 KB, 811x710
>STEM fields
>>
Electrical Engineering. Just graduated and got set up with a job that pays 60k. Shit's cash.
>>
How about STEM fields? Try a more difficult major if you want return on your investment.
>>
>>681579572
CIS, then accounting, then finance
>>
>>681581388
sex worker
>>
File: excellent point sir.gif (48 KB, 248x224) Image search: [Google]
excellent point sir.gif
48 KB, 248x224
>>681581370
>Trump voter burn
>mfw
>>
Math, everything else is half-assed.
Start with logic, then set theory and topology, after that go for measure theory, functional analysis and then you'll be able to spread your wings and go for anything you want
>>
>>681579572
Management Information Systems. Fresh college grad making 80k a year, telling CS majors to make me shit. Feelsgoodman
>>
>>681579572
that ass
>>
I graduated with a degree in feminism.

And now I'm homeless. Luckily the bus station has wifi
>>
>>681583469
this guy knows
>>
Engineering... Get a real degree
>>
>>681583579
Agreed. Play your cards right and CIS can rule over CS majors in the engineering world.
>>
>>681583402
By far the best presidential choice given the options.
>>
Unless you're planning on going to school post bachelor's math is a waste of money.
>>
>>681579572
Medicine
>>
>>681579572
if tuition is free, and its your thing, major in philosophy. specialize in formal/symbolic logic and deductive reasoning. pick up soft skills in computer programming, economics, finance, and management. read up on social psychology as a side interest.

Once you finish college you can literally pursue any field of business or technology that you desire. and if you want to go to grad school, can further specialize in one of your soft skills.

i argue for this because philosophy and logic are the only skills that are absolutely central to each field of human understanding, and can find the widest application.

i majored in philosophy and have a job in technology. i can easily swing between data analysis, software engineering, and project management because of my degree choice.
>>
>>681583579
post paycheck
or else be branded a liar on the internet
>>
>>681579987
im fuckin dyin man
>>
>>681580752
>M.A.
>A.

Not a true math scholar are you? :^)
>>
>>681584653
Bad advice
>>
>>681581249

Underrated post. Pharmaceutical Chemistry major here, chemistry is where the money's at.

Pic related, it's soon to be me while the rest of you fags delude yourselves thinking IT will still really be relevant within 15-25 years
>>
>>681582191
ZOZZLE
Just look up the median income for mathematicians
They are basically employable everywhere
If you can do Math or Physics at the master's level or higher, you can handle anything
This guy can work as an actuary and roast your ass with his wealth
>>
Anyhting STEM

Risking it with physics and EE
Trying to become the few and the proud: Quantum Computer Engineer
Probably die poor though :^(
>>
>>681585843
Most ceo's are likely to have an MBA in finance
>>
>>681584653
>specialize in symbolic/formal logic and deductive reasoning

lol someone on your level fails to see the confounding variable. someone in philosophy tends to already have enough fluid intelligence and deductive reasoning to handle all problems anyway, it's not necessarily this degree choice

if anything, people with lower G should pick one thing, not philosophy, and major in it
>>
>>681579572
Math. You can do anything you want with a Math major.
>>
>>681586407
>being this fallacious with stats
this may be true, however, the most fair thing to do is find the expected value of income for each quintile, n-tile etc., and see which has the highest income based on the probability of you making it into that percentile. youll see that highest return in the long run is less than a mathematicians
obviously youre not a number so have your coworkers rate your level of ability.
>>
>>681585541
many chemists just go into lab technician jobs, getting stuff ready to test for serious scientists
>>
>>681579572
All are great choices if you plan on killing yourself later in life.

And by later, I mean in 5 years.
>>
Any Texas fags here?
Studying in Computer Engineering.
>>
>>681588578
CE FAG not from texas though
>>
>>681587037
firm believer that if you spend your time effectively you can elevate your intelligence and skill. stupidity and ignorance are not set in stone
>>
>>681585532
ignore it then pleb
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.