[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so about god there is 50:50 possibility wether theres god or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15
File: _86844524_muslimcat.jpg (87 KB, 660x1078) Image search: [Google]
_86844524_muslimcat.jpg
87 KB, 660x1078
so about god
there is 50:50 possibility wether theres god or not
i'm a muslim myself and recently being atheist to agnos and back again being a muslim. somehow ilife's just easier when i believe there's a supreme being/absolute consciousness that control everything. it's like no matter how u struggle the result wont change because it's already fixed by god, it's just it looks like we are the one who create the result meanwhile if we follow the logic of god existence, we dont do a shit, we just watch and feel like watching a movie because there is not freewill. i do confused tho, in our quran it's mentioned that "there is not a single leaf that fall without god wills it",if that's the case why'd he burn all the sinner when actually he's the one who make the sinner do sin.
how about you /b/ros?
>>
>>681303611
most people settle for religion because they aren't able to go beyond. beyond god is a massive fucking abyss full of sadness and you only have a slight chance of crossing
>>
What makes you think it's 50/50? With 10's of thousands of religions and thousands if not more sects within those religions, I dont see it being 50/50.
>>
pretty weak "god" that only talks to one "prophet" and expects him to round up everyone else.

you would think that a real god would be able to talk directly to everyone and bypass the holy man bullshit.
>>
>>681303611
Do you need god to do the right thing?
Do you need a book to tell you right from wrong?
Aren't you still responsible and accountable for your actions whether or not you have free will?
>>
>>681304078
>you would think that a real god would be able to talk directly to everyone and bypass the holy man bullshit.
That and leave behind some god damn scientific evidence proving it's existence.
>>
OP you're wrog it's about 21,37%

You dumb fuck learn about propability instead of that bullshit currant maybe than you'll get to understand more :3 JP2GMD
>>
>>681304078
>>681303796

what if that's why god give us religion through revelation and shits?
it's like we are his AI that'll have bugs without patch like religion. didnt do it doesnt mean cant do it right? maybe it's just he wanted it to happen this way for his grand plan
>>681304056
>>681304306
i talked abwt wether he exist or not u dumfuk must learn to read
>>
>>681304417
>what if that's why god give us religion through revelation and shits?
What evidence do you have to support your claim?
Until you provide me with sufficient evidence and an experiment which I can reproduce the result that clearly proves god's existence I'm going to say lolnope.
>>
>>681304153
there is no right or wrong it's relative
but for human to be able to live together/unite they must have somekind of same behavioral/moral standard which is helping for a civilization/community to works.
and bcs human has relative view on right n wrong ex: psycopath & normal person. A fucking command from a supreme being will discipline humans so they can survive
>>
Let's break this down for a minute.
You claim that it is 50:50 on whether God exists. I would like to see where you got this statistic from and moreover id like to see your evidence for God as you are the one making the claim for this being (as oppose to let's say the thousands of other gods a given population may believe in). Prove to me it's 50:50.
You claim that beleiving in a devine being that you feel at ease. That does not however prove that there is a god.
You claim that we all follow god's will and that there is essentially no free will as we are part of god's plan. In that case, I put forward the case of why we even exist at all. If God knows everything then why the fuck would there be a purpose to any of this? If you are Muslim, then you believe that we are born sinless, but accumulate sins based on negative actions. In that case, your argument on free will not existing (the free will illusion) means that God prefers some people over others as some people will have more sins than others that he pre-programs into us. Moreover, what type of a prick God devises a plan for eminent and unavoidable burning in hell for any given person. No offence, but your position is irrational and pathetic. I feel sorry for you and people who generally sit at your cognative capacity level.
>>
>>681304681
>evidence
can you prove that god does not exist?
we are having a thought experiment here, we can't decide if he's exist or not here
it's just your opinion on this matter that implied in real world situation
>>
>>681304417
i can't deny the possibility, but i can't bring myself to believe in a god that would create such an unjust world
that or god is a sadistic mofo and should be killed
>>
>>681304761
about my claim on probability , this case is similiar to probability of coin that's why im using 50/50. exist or not, 1 or 0
>>681304924

and about god being a prick , yeah i do think like that, but then again he's supreme being, why the fuck he should listen to his AI,toy, whatever u call it, he can love anything that he love or hate anything that he hate or simply decide on that, or maybe he doesnt love or hate
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7 KB, 180x180
>>681304761
Wew lad
>>
>>681305121
well, if he exists, i don't see why he should give a shit. BUT, nevertheless, such a god is not worth believing in
im more of a find god in yourself kind of person.
>>
>>681304703
>there is no right or wrong it's relative
why?
>but for human to be able to live together/unite they must have somekind of same behavioral/moral standard which is helping for a civilization/community to works.
>and bcs human has relative view on right n wrong ex: psycopath & normal person. A fucking command from a supreme being will discipline humans so they can survive
Our laws do a much better job at this than the ten commandments ever did.
>>
>>681304899
>can you prove that god does not exist?
That's not how things work. You are making the claim that god exists, not I, so the burden of proof is upon you.
>>
>>681304153
>>681304298
The problem with most atheist is they are as dumb as religious people. Even Richard Dawkins is an agnostic. Religious texts are like learning the alphabet. Once you have read through most religious texts you relize they are very insightful and useful. Only for beginners though then you have to use your brain to find deeper meanings and subtly in the world. Religion is mainly for stupid people in all reality though. Without it the world will fall to total ruin you can see the effects really starting to take affect nowadays. God exists but is beyond seeing and understanding in the least to the vast majority. I have zero understanding of it still it's obvious our existence didn't just happen randomly. It's happens piece by piece we are here to either transcend spiritually and or technologically. We just need to keep doing the best that we can and moving forward.
>>
>>681305392
beggar can't choose, there's a possibility that u r just being an egoistic n arogant which is not ur place to be like that "if" we imply there's god
that's why "if" there is god, we should foollow the manual he gave, at least that manual does makes u a better person whatever that manual is
>>
>>681305121
Flipping a coin? So let's weigh this up for a second. On one side you have your God - Allah (let's pretend Sunna, Shia, Allaweh and all the other hundred sects don't exist for a minute). So allah is on one side and on the other side is no God, or the existence of Jahweh, Osiris, Odin, Zeus, Thor, Venus, Mars, Mithras, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, Vishnu, Shiva, the great Juju who lives up the mountain...etc..etc....
Now, I ask, why the fuck does your particular God weigh up 50% and everything or all other possible scenarios weigh the other 50%?
>>
check out my muslim rapper dude taliking about halal chicken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNvTA5KVxk
>>
>>681305683
u misunderstood it's morelike there is/are gods(whoever the fuck that god is) vs no god
i generalize all religion, means its exist or not
in the matter which god its a waste of time to even think that matter
>>681305651
seconded
>>
>>681303611
I believe in an immanent God. Pantheism and shit. The idea that God is outside the world leads to too many paradoxes and impossibilities.
>>
>>681305679
and that is where we differ. my faith is not set, my end not prescribed by some omnipotent being. i shape my own life, form my own opinions and am not swayed by that which lack foundation and evidence.
as far as the manual goes, indeed, religion can serve as such in early years of life. and then you need to grow up.
>>
>>681305915
well, god must be an omnipotent being to be god thats why what we think is impossible must be possible for existence like god
>>
>>681305121
if the coin argument is not bait, then you are incredibly retarded
>>
>>681305882
I refuse to waste any more time on you. Pathetically ignorant to what you are saying. Do you even realise that your God does not equal any other God? Do you even realise that there are other options other than God? Do you even stats bro? Holy 5hI7 I can't even h#^%{... Bye
>>
>>681305651
>God exists but is beyond seeing and understanding in the least to the vast majority.
What evidence do you have to support your claim?

I'll agree with most of the other stuff you said, except for the bit about existence happening randomly and transcending.
>>
>>681303611
There are no gods faggot. Grow up
>>
>>681303611
>there is 50:50 possibility wether theres god or not
facepalm.jpg

>>681303611
>ilife's just easier when i believe there's a supreme being/absolute consciousness that control everything.
That's just sad.
I'm a diest, and believe in God.
But faith should help you express thankfulness for life, feel fellowship with other people of all kinds, etc, not unload your sense of responsibility.

>it's like no matter how u struggle the result wont change because it's already fixed
That's just so wrong. No wonder Muslims are so uncivilized,

>,if that's the case why'd he burn all the sinner when actually he's the one who make the sinner do sin.
According to the Catholic faith, there are two prerequisites for sin: free will and knowledge of good and evil.
If we didn't have free will, nothing we did would be truly sinful.

Religions are OK if you like that kind of thing, but yours seems to be broken.
>>
lol 50/50
>>
But if There is a god and we are his création, why did we appear so late in the history of the universe?
>>
>>681306100
If indeed you postulate that God lives in, or comes from a world that doesn't follow the laws of logic, then he can't be real, since reality is defined by sustained causality.

If God is "beyond real", it means he couldn't have created this world, since he couldn't have crossed the logical necessity barrier.

Assertions like "he can do what we think is impossible" are absolutely void of any meaning. At best, they reflect something of a psychological nature by the individual who produce them, but they are not in relation to God, and cannot be.
>>
>>681306240
strawman fallacy
at least explain yourself.
>>
>>681306594
Newton actually thought that only a god could create a world with such organized rules (of physics). He also stated that the law of gravitation could explain why planets rotate but not how they actually began rotating.
>>
File: 1393972290921.jpg (46 KB, 273x276) Image search: [Google]
1393972290921.jpg
46 KB, 273x276
>>681303611
there is also a 50:50 posibility that i will have a threeway with scarlet johanson and a young lolol ferari.

because either way i do, or not...right?
>>
File: 1433.png (396 KB, 682x710) Image search: [Google]
1433.png
396 KB, 682x710
this thread..
>>
You guys are retards, his point was that either there is a god(s) of there isn't

Obviously he only believes in his own God and not the others, I'm pretty sure that's a commandment in every single religion

You guys are just arguing with him for the sake of argument

>If I toss this coin and it lands on heads I'll eat a fruit, an orange, if tails I wont

But anon what about all other fruits you retard waaaaah
>>
>>681306962
/thread
>>
>>681305516
You are making the claim god does not exist, so the burden of proof is on you.

Works both ways, chucklefuck.
>>
>>681306930
he was also a cunt
>>
>>681307274
I say there is an invisible nigger fucking your asshole right now.
>prove he doesn't exist
>>
>>681307121
fucking finally one with brain has come
>>
>>681304417
Learn how to probability sand nigger just because there are only two options doesn't make it fifty fifty. Didn't sand niggers invent algebra holy shit go count goats or something
>>
>>681307507
Stop using words you don't know the meanings of, you filthy cocksucker.
>>
>>681307507
are you fucking kidding me, in this case the closest analogy of probabilty is like schrodinger cats experiment, is it that hard to get inside your thick skull?
also, muslim dont fuck goat/animals do ur research first hate-memes-victim
>>
File: 1386289792359.png (27 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
1386289792359.png
27 KB, 527x409
>>681307507
>>
>>681307274
>You are making the claim god does not exist, so the burden of proof is on you.
>Works both ways, chucklefuck.
The scientific method does not work that way. You are making an "argument from ignorance".
But sure, ill play ball.

Since there is an absence of evidence to god's existence then god must not exist.
>>
File: 8man_smug.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
8man_smug.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>681307934
what if what we observe is unobservable
can we decide that there's nothing on that meanwhile there might be something on that unobservable thing
>>
>>681305121
There either is a giant purple gorilla hiding in your sock drawer, it there isn't. So that's 50/50 too, right?

You really need to slow down and think about shit a little harder, man. The first shit assumption to jump into your head that sounds like it might kinda be right, often isn't.
>>
I wish I lived in the future where I'm sure all this Judaic/Moslem riff raff is labeled as myth just like their predecessory religions. A book is proof of nothing.
>>
>>681303611
stopped reading there
you're an idiot
>>
There is far from a 50/50 chance. You're an idiot.

God isn't real, OP.
>>
>>681308160
but by then there could well be some new religeon, and knowing history probably just a retelling of this jew/muslim nonsense with different names.
>>
>>681303611
It is easier because humans By nature are aimals with a mind that wants anwsers no matter what Good or bad we all want anwsers for example i'm atheist i don't believe there is a god but i do want to know what there actually is maybe there is a god maybe there isn't the fact of matter is that it doesn't matter at all because we are born in too this live unwillingly and most of us are taken out unwilllingly , see life is like a arcade game it's a fun and stuff until you have no coins left and your game most likely wont be saved but your score will
>>
>>681308062
This really is the whole crux of the God meme.

Some people are just apt to accept the first answer that appeals to their intuition as truth as truth, and never considering that their intuitions might be fucking terrible at discerning fact from fancy.

If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 doughnuts, how long does it take 20 machines to make 20 doughnuts?

Is your answer 20 minutes? Then you probably believe in God.
>>
>>681308549
My grammar today is rather bad and full of mistakes.
>>
>>681308585
>If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 doughnuts, how long does it take 20 machines to make 20 doughnuts?
>food analogy
stay classy, /b/
>>
>>681308585
also five minutes? i'm bad at basic math
>>
I only read to the point where you say you are a muslim.
Well, go fuck yourself nasty goatfucking shithead
>>
>>681308722
It's not an analogy, retard.
>>
>>681308821
what about sheep?
>>
File: islam5.jpg (55 KB, 480x422) Image search: [Google]
islam5.jpg
55 KB, 480x422
>being a mudslime
>>
>>681308728
That's correct. Most people get it wrong, just like most people get the God question wrong, and for the exact same reasons.
>>
I'm also a Muslim but I'm starting to lean towards Agnosticism, but I feel like I can't distance myself from the religion. Whenever someone claims something that is wrong about the religion, or someone is arguing about it, I feel like I have an obligation to defend it.

How can I make it so when someone says negative shit about Islam, I can just sort of ignore it and not feel the need to defend it.
>>
>>681309077
My only problem is death, fuck heaven i ain't showing no religious respect, i don't give a fuck i'm atheist. also check'd
>>
>>681309232
Not being retarded might help in your case.
>>
>>681309232
just don't care about what they say just do whatever the fuck you want nigga.
>>
>>681309232
Ma'Sha'Allah
>>
>>681309340
Why do you think I'm retarded?

>>681309367
I know that I should be able to just not give a fuck about what they say, but I just can't help it.

>>681309404
Fuck off.
>>
>>681309436
if you live in a western country seek medical help i.e a therapist
>>
>>681308250
This guy knows
>>
File: wtf read.jpg (8 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
wtf read.jpg
8 KB, 294x171
This Rope
>>
>>681308061
>what if what we observe is unobservable
Then we'd be able to observe it indirectly.
>can we decide that there's nothing on that meanwhile there might be something on
>that unobservable thing
No
>>
File: 1459107004888.jpg (75 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1459107004888.jpg
75 KB, 720x720
>>681303611
Exactly, anon. If everything is predestined, why are there "sinners"? Why the need to punish anyone if their "sin" is all part of some grand scheme?

>Or, you know, maybe it's a different god / goddess you should look into worshipping.
>>
I'm also Muslim with heart disease that's probably going to die soon and I don't get the point of not having any religion. I don't believe strongly in Islam but if it turns out there is a god and Islam is the right religion then I get something out of it and if turns out there is no god then its not like I lost anything.
>>
>>681309890
The fact that they are all made up by the human brain and that humans are getting killed over their own imagination that what's the fun part is isn't it
because it is just a tiny bit ironic
>>
This thread is now about other things that have a 50/50 chance of existing or not
>>
>>681310020
ayy hope you get better man sorry to hear that
>>
File: pingu is kingu.jpg (127 KB, 428x455) Image search: [Google]
pingu is kingu.jpg
127 KB, 428x455
>>681310083
This nigga might be real don't know haven't seen him yet lol
>>
File: tumblr_lt6vtuxBj21r28tn8o1_500.gif (11 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lt6vtuxBj21r28tn8o1_500.gif
11 KB, 450x450
>>681310083
Cosmic teapot
>>
>>681310020
yeah not like you lost any thing living your life with restrictions
>>
>>681310206
lol thought that was a 4chan logo i'm blind
>>
>>681310020
But what if there is a god and he's not Allah? There have been thousands of different ideas of gods in the history of just earth, not to mention the universe.
By that concept alone, you are just playing the lottery with your faith and since an all-powerful god wouldn't allow their followers to be so blind about who their god is, this means there is no god.
>>
>>681310083
>His Noodliness

Come, Holy Sauce, Creator blest, and, in our pasta, give us thy rest
-Ishmali Camuwundra
>>
>>681303611
No, just because there are 2 possibilities doesn't mean there's a 50/50 chance
also, if you want to believe at least be christian like a normal person instead of a filthy heathen
>>
>>681310020
I've seen this argument many times and I always wonder what would opinion of any god be on this. Aren't you technically a non-believer since you claim to believe in it just for personal gain (and not even strongly, if I may add) instead because of the love for your god?
>>
>>681310020
I'm sorry to hear, anon.

As long as your religion does something positive for you, that's the whole point. Too many religions just want to manipulate people
>>
>>681303611
Life is easier when you can blame someone else for everything shitty in your life.

I firmly believe that's the only reason religion exists. So god can be a scapegoat.
Hell I only believe in god so I can blame him for my bad luck, he's a fucking cock goblin.
>>
>>681310592
Is Islam theres Muslims (people who practice Islam) and then there's mu'mins (believers)
>>
>>681303611
what a fucking moron you are ><
>>
>>681310592
This.
Sounds a lot like Pascal's Wager - kind of a stupid idea to begin with. Oh well, whatever the church can do to make you believe in their god and give your tithings
>>
>>681310825
Underage b&
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.